View Full Version : Please tweak my Zapdos EX Deck

July 11th, 2005, 6:51 AM
Hi everyone. I've recently made a Zapdos ex deck. Can you please fix it, or suggest ways in which it can be improved? It is Modified format, btw. Thanks.

Pokemon (15):

4 Elekid (Sandstorm)
4 Electrike (EX Deoxys, with Recharge attack)
3 Manectric (EX Deoxys, Uncommon)
1 Manectric ex (EX Deoxys)
3 Zapdos ex (EX Fire Red and Leaf Green)

Energy (18):

18 Lightning Energy

Trainers (27):

4 Super Scoop Up
4 Dual Ball
3 TV Reporter
3 Steven's Advice
3 Pokemon Reversal
3 Battle Frontier
2 Rocket's Admin.
2 Switch
1 Crystal Shard
1 Strength Charm
1 Mr. Stone's Project

July 11th, 2005, 11:13 AM
in Zap-Turn-Dos, there is NO need for Switch, as all Zappy should be sent to the bench whenever they are about to be KO'd. A couple of Lanette should help out a lot in this deck, as it can search out for basic ex's without a flip. It will greatly help with the consistancy of this deck. Everything else looks pretty good for the deck.

Shiny Munchlax
July 11th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Id put some more energies in place of the trainers if i were you.

July 11th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll replace the Switches with Lanettes and see how it goes. I'd like to have more energy in the deck, but I don't have space. I'd also like another Strength Charm somewhere, it proves useful.

Actually, I dropped a Dual Ball for another Lanette too. So I did

-2 Switch
-1 Dual Ball
+3 Lanette's Net Search

July 12th, 2005, 6:18 AM
18 is more than enough for this deck. WAY more than enough for a good Zap deck. Most of the varients that I've seen run around 16 total energy.

July 12th, 2005, 9:18 AM
Do you think 3 Zapdos ex are enough? I'm kinda edgy to play 4 since I'm afraid that I'll start with a lone Zappy. In playtesting I found that 3 Zappies are okay at the start, but then the deck kinda crumbles down too quickly unless I win early.

July 12th, 2005, 4:10 PM
well, that's what happens with Zappy. You either win quick or lose slow. Either way, it's very painful.

July 13th, 2005, 2:21 AM
Okay I added another Zappy and dropped a Lightning, and the deck seems to have become much more consistent all of a sudden.

July 20th, 2005, 2:30 PM
I think you should drop down to 1 or 2 Zapdos and 1 to 3 Manetric. You should have Electricbuzz for your Elikid. Drop 1 Elikid or Electrike for different electric pokemon. I think 3 Zapdos and 4 Manetric are too much. Those pokemon are strong but take 3 or 4 turns till you can fight.

July 20th, 2005, 4:35 PM
Look at the Recharge attack. Then look over Zapdos's Poke-POWER. Come back when you've figured it out.