PDA

View Full Version : neglected pokemon

EvilDunsparce
July 18th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Which pokemon do think is the most forgotten/uncared about?

Clouds
July 18th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Hmm... I don't really know b'cus of the rarety of pokemon (if you understand that)

probably paras i would say (i use them for mushrooms :P)

BBG_BULLDOZER
July 18th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Magikarp. It's weak! Rattata and Pidgey also.

Sorye HK
July 19th, 2005, 02:27 AM
I think that basically every pokemon that appears in the first route of the game are pretty much neglected.

BBG_BULLDOZER
July 19th, 2005, 02:32 AM
True, unless you train them up.

Doomhanger
July 19th, 2005, 02:44 AM
They cannot possibly be neglected; they are the first pokemon you will meet and catch during the game. You WOULD need to catch those 'neglected' pokemon to be able to beat the gyms and such. However, it is the pokemon that appear in the middle of the game that are neglected, for they are the one's that nobody catches.

Some neglected pokemon would be Masquerain, Barboach and Ponyta just off the top of my head...

Dizzy
July 19th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Magikarp. Unlike its valuable cousin Feebas, there's nothing good about it, except Gyarados..which you can catch in the wild, making Magikarp the most neglected Pokemon.

Nintendo should wicked consider renaming Magikarp to Krappykarp, because thats what it is.

EvilDunsparce
July 19th, 2005, 05:40 AM
I think dunsparce is pretty left behind,but it can get ancient power as an egg move (my lv 61 dunsparce has it after breeding tons of them)

ArKiVe
July 19th, 2005, 06:26 AM
For me I think it's Smoochum, you really never see any parties that have that pokemon or hear a word about it.

Chairman Kaga
July 19th, 2005, 06:56 AM
EvilDunsparce, you're my hero...finally, a second person on PC who's a Dunsparce fanatic O_O; For instance, my Dunsparce on Colosseum is at a higher level than any of my other pokemon by ten levels. He's incredible in battle and my second-favorite pokemon next to Shuckle.

Anyway, I love all forgotten pokemon. Here's a list of the ones that are the most uncared about:

Shuckle
Dunsparce
Farfetch'd
Mantine
Lickitung
Omantye/Omastar
Yanma
Qwilfish
Mawile
Mr. Mime
Solrock
Lunetone
Electabuzz

pokejungle
July 19th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Dunsparce by far takes the cake on this one~

I <3 Dunsparce!

EvilDunsparce
July 19th, 2005, 07:00 AM
yeah, dunsparce rules woooooooooooohoooooooooo! (I have 32 including a shiny!)shuckles are awesome to I have 3, one of them is lv55 :D

Chairman Kaga
July 19th, 2005, 07:11 AM
I'm proud of my lv100 Shuckle who I hatched from an egg and EV trained :D Here's how it pans out:

Shuckle lv100
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Attack 252 Defense 129 Special Defense 129
Sludge Bomb/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Rest

He's a total juggernaut...I swept Agatha in FRLG with him :D

Oh, and I have over 70 Shuckles! XD

Charizard_Fire_God
July 19th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Hmm... from what I've seen so far I'd say Ho-oh! XD ...no, seriously now, only 1 appearance? *rolleyes*

EvilDunsparce
July 19th, 2005, 07:25 AM
why do you people have so many legendaries...cheaters.......at least some people care enough to have 32 dunsparce or 70 shuckles :P . Has anybody mentioned spinda yet?

(mmmmmmm,shuckle)p.s. I should have mentioned this before, but those who are fans of boring, misunderstood, and uncared about pokemon,pm me! *slaps self for not previously mentioning this*

Metaforte
July 19th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Here's da list.

Spinda
Lickitung
Crawdaunut
Hoot- hoot
Noctowl
Ledbya

The Scientist
July 19th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Magby, Elekid, Tyrogue, and the other 2nd Generation babies. Come to think of it, most of the 2nd Gen Pokemon are usually forgotten.

jynx
July 20th, 2005, 02:04 AM
EvilDunsparce, you're my hero...finally, a second person on PC who's a Dunsparce fanatic O_O; For instance, my Dunsparce on Colosseum is at a higher level than any of my other pokemon by ten levels. He's incredible in battle and my second-favorite pokemon next to Shuckle.

Anyway, I love all forgotten pokemon. Here's a list of the ones that are the most uncared about:

Shuckle
Dunsparce
Farfetch'd
Mantine
Lickitung
Omantye/Omastar
Yanma
Qwilfish
Mawile
Mr. Mime
Solrock
Lunetone
Electabuzz
Mr. Mime?
Delia Ketchum's got one!

I think Porygon...

EvilDunsparce
July 20th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Cleffa is uber forgotten *pets cleffa*

pokejungle
July 20th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Kaga~ Your shuckle ROCKS! =3

And ummm...I think Vileplume is pretty neglected now that we have Bellossom =/

EvilDunsparce
July 20th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Stantlers are really neglected, but in my crystal version I have a lv100 stantler that knows hypnosis.
(don't forget about murkrow and tropius)

pokejungle
July 20th, 2005, 06:17 AM
If you want tropius ~ http://www.pokejunglenetwork.com XD

And ya...stantler is so ignored ;-;

CHIMECHO! That one'e ignored too!

EvilDunsparce
July 20th, 2005, 06:34 AM
Chimecho is pretty cool it gets hypnosis and dream eater as egg moves.

Volbeat and illumise are VERY ignored.

Kyrie Eleison
July 20th, 2005, 06:39 AM
OMG, I love Illumise! That's right, Spinda is very forgotten(I used to own 6 or 7 Spinda before I started a new game!) Togepi and Togetic as well, IMO.

pokejungle
July 20th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Kyrie- You brought up some pokemon that I had forgotten ^^;

I love togepi and togetic though <3 I have both XD

EvilDunsparce
July 20th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Huntail and gorebyss are ignored also.

Chairman Kaga
July 20th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Kaga~ Your shuckle ROCKS! =3

And ummm...I think Vileplume is pretty neglected now that we have Bellossom =/

Heh, thanks ^_^ It took me a solid 24 hours to EV train it to level 100 x_x;

Poor Vileplume ;_; Bellossom used to be a media darling in the early GS days, but it's nearly-forgotten too. I've always intended to train one in RS, but I think I lost my Sun Stone x_x;

CHIMECHO! That one'e ignored too!

It used to be (I used to have one on Ruby that could kill three of Steven's pokemon before going down) but now James has one...darn him and his incorrect pronunciation (chi-MECH-o) ;_;

Kalylia
July 20th, 2005, 08:08 PM
One of my favorite Pokemon, Azuril, I think would be rather neglected. *huggles Azuril* I love them! And they deserve more appreciation!

ArticunoIce
July 20th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Wow, no one's mentioned THIS one yet...

Uhh, Nosepass. Okay, I don't mind it, but what gets me is the horrible orange nose with a gray-ish body...It's better all gray, rather than a mix.

Raydrogiga
July 21st, 2005, 02:29 AM
Why does everyone hate Nosepass?It's much better than Plusle&Minun IMO..
I also like Chimecho,it looks like a bloody sword..O_o!!!And I remember a guy trying to catch all types of Spindas in TPM...

I think Doudo and Kangaskhan are neglected too..

Natsuki
July 21st, 2005, 08:19 AM
I actually kinda this Dunsparce is a bit forgotten. The poor little thing. ;-; But I also think Jynx is a bit uncared for as well. XD At least by me. <______< There's just...something about it that repels me from ever wanting one. XD

~Kelsey

Phantom_Bugsy
July 21st, 2005, 08:51 AM
No one's said Aipom yet. XD

I LOVE YANMA AND DUNSPARCE WTF. D:

pokejungle
July 21st, 2005, 09:17 AM
I <3 Aipom! ;-;

Too bad it doesn't have any good moves >.<;

ArticunoIce
July 21st, 2005, 09:21 AM
I actually kinda this Dunsparce is a bit forgotten. The poor little thing. ;-; But I also think Jynx is a bit uncared for as well. XD At least by me. <______< There's just...something about it that repels me from ever wanting one. XD

~Kelsey

Heh, same with me. I'm not too fond of Jynx for some reason..

Chairman Kaga
July 21st, 2005, 09:40 AM
Jynx is unpopular because it's been purged from society's memory by the political correctness branch of the politburo. It is now a non-pokemon in the sense that all dissidents are now non-persons.

Chiru
July 22nd, 2005, 09:41 AM
Noctowl

... come to think of it, he IS pretty neglected ;-; I love Noctowl!

My list:

Phanpy/Donphan
Ditto
Teddiursa/Ursaring
Gligar
Mankey/Primeape
Lickitung
Magmar
Electabuzz
Yanma
Sableye
Nosepass
Snorunt/Glalie
Jynx
Luvdisc
Dunsparce
Wobbuffet
Girafarig
Natu/Xatu
Tauros
Miltank
Nidoran
Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
Barboach/Whiscash
Tentacool/Tentacruel
All 2nd evolutions of starter pokemon (ex. Charmander is cute and Charizard is powerful, but no one really seems to care about Charmeleon tat much. Same with just about all the starters.)

pokejungle
July 22nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Jynx is unpopular because it's been purged from society's memory by the political correctness branch of the politburo. It is now a non-pokemon in the sense that all dissidents are now non-persons.

Unfortunately =/ I liked Jynx! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! >.>;

Stupid people wreck everything~

Chairman Kaga
July 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
I'm surprised someone hasn't called to ban Ludicolo for being "too Mexican" or Makuhita for being "too Japanese"...it's just pointless to racially label pokemon =/

pokejungle
July 22nd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Ludicolo totally looks mexican =3 [/sarcasm]

Gah I hate that thing -.-; Looks like a dance pineapple...

jynx
July 25th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Cleffa is uber forgotten *pets cleffa*
Well, one of the Kanto Frontier episode have Cleffa
---------------------------------------------------
I thought that actually did reverse! o_O|||

Its unpopular because its ugly and disgusting.

I think, the politically incorrect article actually made a lot of people feel sorry for it and came to like it!

Kurono
July 25th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Hmm negelcted pokemon? MissingNo. No ne barely talks about it any more..and it should count as a pokemon because it had attacks and stuff..lol. And if not that then Wobuffet is mostly ignored because it can't use direct offense.

Chairman Kaga
July 25th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I thought that actually did reverse! o_O|||

Did that rule reverse? If it did, that would be awesome. I've wanted to stick it to Carole Boston Weatherford for a long time.

kohei
July 26th, 2005, 03:02 AM
I think Tangela and Lickitung are fairly forgotton.

Dragon Lover
July 29th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Probably Jigglypuff... I don't know anybody with a Jiggly in there team...

~DL~

marillmonster2000
July 30th, 2005, 12:06 AM
I 've Always Thought About This Pokemon Always Being Forgotten-Beroringa!

Random Plushie
July 30th, 2005, 12:16 AM
No one's mentioned Lombre yet. Lombre is very much forgotten. Nuzleaf, too. :3

Light_Azumarill
July 30th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Dunsparce, yeah, that was mine. Um... I always thought Horsea or Seadra were easily forgotten. I mean, Misty hardly used hers, and you just never see them anymore. Also Goldeen/Seaking. And Sunkern/Sunflora.

jynx
August 3rd, 2005, 12:34 AM
Did that rule reverse? If it did, that would be awesome. I've wanted to stick it to Carole Boston Weatherford for a long time.It seems to be to me. :P

Now most ppl hate C.B.W., but "a lot of people feel sorry for it, so that Jynx suddenly got more fans than it did!", this is what I noticed in another forum.

But C.B.W is really awful!
Look at this! http://hk.geocities.com/poke124mon282/cbw_letter.htm
(her E-mail's also there as well)

figglychu
August 3rd, 2005, 01:00 PM
mmmm.... I think...... these: kabuto/kabutops, tangela, seel/dewgong, bellsprout/weepinbell/victreebell, nidoran(m/f) and their evos, rattata/raticate, sentret/furret, wooper/quagsire, mareep/flaffy/ampharos, politoed, tauros, krabby/kingler, mankey/primeape......but I think rattata is the most forgotten....*pets her rattata, Sandstorm.*

pokejungle
August 3rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
I think a lot of those aren't forgotten o.o;

Kalylia
August 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
Neglected? I'd have to say Azuril, because it's a baby pokemon, and most people don't breed them, or make them evolve immediatly. Maybe Dunsparce and Chimico too.

pikagurl511
August 3rd, 2005, 04:10 PM
Silcoon and Cascoon... they are reaaaaally bad if you catch them in the wild, they only know stringshot and harden :(

Chiru
August 4th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Oh, I'm surpised no one's mentioned Shellder/Cloyster! Or Pineco/Forretress. There really are lots of neglected pokemon...

Smarties-chan
August 5th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Some neglected pokemon are: Stantler, Dunsparce (what's not to like about dunsparce?), Sudowoodo (another great pokemon that has been forgotten), Tentacruel (A strong pokemon that can learn mirror coat), Torkoal (Slow but a decent tank) there are alot more forgotten pokemon but I'm not going to make a complete list out of them.

pokejungle
August 5th, 2005, 08:37 AM
I think torkoal's used a fair amount. I have one in my Emerald team and am really satisfied with it =D

Smarties-chan
August 5th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Really? So far I've only seen me and my brother use torkoal.

pokejungle
August 5th, 2005, 09:03 AM
It's big in the metagame for it's defense =3

Chairman Kaga
August 5th, 2005, 12:26 PM
And Ash has one as far as I know, so unfortunately it's been thrust into celebrity status ;__________; Poor Torkie...

pokejungle
August 5th, 2005, 12:39 PM
XD

I'd consider it lucky :P

the skate board kid
August 5th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Probaly Noctowls First evolution stage

~TSBK~

Kurono
August 5th, 2005, 05:56 PM
You mean Hoot Hoot? Yeah, they don't appear much and people usually want them because they evolve into Noctowl.. -_-

pokejungle
August 5th, 2005, 06:07 PM
I always thought hoothoot only had one leg XD

Kurono
August 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM
*goes a bit off topic*

I'm not even sure if there is a one legged pokemon..hmm maybe they should have a peg-legged parrot pokemon..call it..Peggot.

Anyway another neglected pokemon could be sudowoodo...since it only appears as a false tree in anything its featured in...such as an episode or in the actual games...I doubt there is a trainer in the series who owns and actively battles with a sudowoodo..

Datriot
August 8th, 2005, 07:02 AM
I think Nosepas is neglected, because I bet half of the Pokemon players don't even know where to get it, and it's ugly so people won't like it.

pokejungle
August 8th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Datriot-

I totally agree =/ After I beat the E4 in Emerald, I'm going to raise on one just to spite everyone XD

Datriot
August 8th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Datriot-

I totally agree =/ After I beat the E4 in Emerald, I'm going to raise on one just to spite everyone XD

I'm glad someone does, actually, I'm gonna do that aswell, I'll train it loads and give it hundreds of TMs! :D

pokejungle
August 8th, 2005, 07:37 AM
It'd be nice to let the little magnet kick some *** ^^

Chairman Kaga
August 8th, 2005, 08:20 AM
I always thought hoothoot only had one leg XD

I thought that too O_O; He just looks like he balances on a little four-taloned stump of a leg...poor thing XD

pokejungle
August 8th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Then I read this fun facts thing that said "Hoot-hoot only uses one leg at a time to stand." XD

gamedude
August 10th, 2005, 07:50 AM
I would say common ones like caterpie or weedle :sean:

Fury of Ninetales
August 10th, 2005, 08:05 AM
rock on katsuro, i raised a lv 41 nosepass in sapphire. i also have a lv 40 something torkoal in Ruby *hugs torkoal*. Noctowl is neglected IMO. they could have at least made him psychic/flying so he would have STAB for dream eater. but i use him in silver and crystal. up until the announcement of Manyula, sneasel was neglected. i am also a shuckle fan. I never really caught on to the dunsparce bandwagon. it really needs an evolution BADLY!!! but what to make it? also on jynx, i don't have a problem with it, but i don't raise them much. *off-topic* why did they give jynx the most retarded nickname in FR/LG? Zynx? Come on! Chimecho and tropius are neglected because nobobdy wants to take the time to catch one since they have average stats and an ok movepool.

B.U.N.N.Y
August 10th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Kangaskahn is forgotten and so is wailmer but the most neglected has to be Togetic

Rukari0
August 10th, 2005, 10:59 PM
I think Illumise is neglected and I also think Spheal is too
Spheal is a favorite of mine and so is illumise, but people evolve spheal and ignore illumise

jynx
August 10th, 2005, 11:41 PM
I think Illumise is neglected and I also think Spheal is too
Spheal is a favorite of mine and so is illumise, but people evolve spheal and ignore illumise
Aww. i want to see Spheal too!

I like it v much