View Full Version : The fall of Golden Rod

July 18th, 2005, 5:41 PM
Mary: "This is a urgent message from the Golden Rod Raido Tower! I repeat this is a urgent message from the Golden Rod Radio Tower! Team Rocket has taken most of the city and this will most likely be our last transmission. If there are any trainers who are brave enough to help us gather at Prof. Elm's Lab in Newbark Town as soon as possible. We need your help and, hey let go of me........................................

Prof. Elm: "We will head from Newbark Town to Golden Rod city by ship. When we land it will be your responsibility to take back Golden Rod. Do you understand?

badges:(no more than 6)

team: Mankey,Marshtomp,Charmeleon,Maganium,Eevee
personality:smart and friendly. helpful and brave. daring and witty.

July 18th, 2005, 5:57 PM
Name: Myrrh
Badges: Falkner, Bugsy, Jasmine, & Clair.
Team: Meganium, Furret, Pigeotto, Azumaril
Apearance: Spiky Black hair, Green HeadBand, Black Shirt, White Vest, Black Jeans.
Personality: Very nice, always tries to lend a helping hand, is a flirt, and always has a smile on his face, even though he is naturally nice, he has an anger from a bad relationship inside of him, burning like the Sun!

July 20th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Okie Dokie! You are in...We will need quite a few more people to start.

July 21st, 2005, 6:23 AM
Name: Geoffrey Bauldelaire
Badges: Bugsy, Falkner
Team: Totodile, Ledyba, Pigeotto, and Charmander.
Apearance: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/mcfly2008/yeahgr.bmp
Personality: A nice, intelligent quiet boy. Very shy of girls.

July 21st, 2005, 10:04 AM
Name: Roan Jaeger
Badges: None (Though he is an experienced trainer and enjoys challenges, Roan has no particular interest in gym battles)
Team: Cubone, Staryu, Dratini, Sneasel, Vulpix, Scyther
Appearance: Dark brown hair fading to light brown at its edges, green eyes, casual attire
Personality: Though Roan is usually satisfied with training in isolation, he does not mind an occasional challenge. Independent and capable, Roan prefers to work alone. But, not being of a particularly aggressive nature, he may agree to working in a group environment if it seems beneficial. Although Roan is relatively passive and amiable, he may become irritable in response to blatent arrogance or dishonorable actions.

July 21st, 2005, 2:12 PM
(OOC: This is starting to get popular........)

July 21st, 2005, 2:17 PM
OCC: Thats a good thing! Ok we sill start when w eget two more people. If you can find some people that would be great!

Yami's Girl
July 22nd, 2005, 11:12 AM
Name: Emily Mueller
Badges:Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney(Is that ok?)
Team: Purple Charizard[Flare], Houndoom[Darkness], Shiney Vaporeon[Hydro], Salamance, Dragonite, Tyranitar[Rage]
Appearence:Blonde hair in ponytail, violet eyes, flame shirt, tattered jean shorts, sneakers, height: 5' 2", and light tan skin
Personality:Brave, fun-lover, and carefree. She loves to explore and go on adventures. If you befriend her, you're friends for life. She will do anything if her friends are in danger. But beware! She also has a bad temper

Alter Ego
July 22nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
Name:Rhaine Adael
Badges: Boulder, Cascade, Thunder, Rainbow, Marsh, and Soul badges (She's from Kanto and was popping by on a little sidetrip when she heard about the radio tower)
Appearance:http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5500/femalefl1eb.png (http://www.imageshack.us)
Team: Blastoise [Azure], Vaporeon, [Minerva], Victreebel [Lily], Arcanine [Angelo], Dragonair [Aeris]
Personality: Adventurous, brave, friendly and fun-loving, Rhaine has a strong compulsion to stick up for the underdog in any given situation. She is usually strongly opinionated about subjects and will always make her opinions clear, whether others like it or not. Rhaine can be rather temperamental and those unlucky enough to really get on her bad side can guarantee that it's not a good idea. A particular pet-peeve of hers is bullying, which is why she has taken an active hand in disrupting Rocket activity wherever she finds it. Rhaine has never met her father, he left as soon as he found out that his wife was pregnant, and has been raised by her bittered and frankly rather biased mother. While Rhaine had the common sense not to take all of her mother's opinions about the opposite gender for unqestionable facts she is more cautious around boys than girls and might stoop to stereotypical thinking at times. She tries her best to keep an open mind, though.

July 22nd, 2005, 12:24 PM
OCC: We can start now! I will control Prof. Elm

IC:Standing in Prof. Elm's lab waiting for Prof. Elm to arive he looked around at the other Trainers beside him. Hi, I am Takeno he said to a pretty girl iwht blonde hair. Whats your name?"

July 22nd, 2005, 12:29 PM
badges:none..dosent beleave that a pice of scrape metal talls someone how good of a trainer you are
a black famed rapidash,shiro
A green Charizard,ju-shi

personality:its up to her pokemon.if they like you she nice,if the don't watch out

Alter Ego
July 22nd, 2005, 12:44 PM
Not here? Rhaine placed her hands on her hips and tapped her right foot impatiently against the wooden floor of Prof.Elm's lab Well that's just great. He says it's urgent, a bloody crisis, and then he can't even bother to show up himself. Ah well, might as well use the time productively. Rhaine quickly scanned the other trainers in the room, soon realizing that she didn't know the name of anyone. A black-haired guy, probably among the older ones in the group, was introducing himself to the pretty blonde standing next to him, Rhaine barely managed to stiffle the urge to say something along the lines of "Men...", a biased little phrase her own mom was very fond of repating, she was determined not to resort to such stereotypical thinking though. "He's just being friendly" Rhaine repeated to herself as she forced her gaze elsewhere, the spiky-haired boy not too far away didn't seem any better than the other one, he looked like a bit of a lech. There were two more boys in the room: A brown haired one standing on her right, nothing that peculiar really, and another with slightly darker but also brown hair, standing a bit further from the rest, minding his own bussiness. Where to begin? she thought for herself, knowing that it would be in her best interest to get to know all of them. Finally, she turned to the one on her right;
"Hi, my name's Rhaine. What's yours?"

OOC: If any of you think I'm taking too many liberties with your characters here then please tell me and I will edit my post.

July 22nd, 2005, 7:52 PM
Roan calmly made his way into Professor Elm's lab, casually brushing his dark hair behind one ear as his luminous emerald eyes cast their gaze about. After briefly studying those present, he made his way to a window and leaned against its side edge while shifting his glance toward the sky outside. As a female with grey-brown hair entered, his eyes briefly turned toward her before resuming their study of the outdoors. Though he remained wordless and seemingly detached, Roan listened attentively to the conversations of the others.

Sapphire Milotic
July 23rd, 2005, 5:35 AM
I know it's late but I wanna join.

Name: Jasmine
Badges; My Own as I'm the Gym Leader of Olivine.
Pokemon: Magneton, Steelix, Ampharos, Togetic, Lairon, Metang
Picture: Light Brown Hair and a white dress. (Just see pics on the anime and manga)
Personality: As the Gym Leader, she was on her way to South Goldenrod to meet her Grandparents as she loves them so much, when she heard about the news. Her Grandparents, The Breeding Center Couple have been kidnapped alongside with the Gym Leader Whitney and DJ Mary so she wanted to take a stand. She is rumored as The Girl of Iron Wall Guard and most challengers cannot get through her pokemon defences as they are based on defence. Try anything her pokemon can defend themselves. Make her angry, you will pay. She also loves Steel Types. Oh and she hates Team Rocket for trapping her in the Tin Tower last time, 3 years ago. She wants revenge and when she heard people from Ecruteak were also kidnapped, Morty, Her boyfriend, was also kidnapped. She wants revenge on them and wants to know the purpose of their evil scheme. She thought was it to awake Ho-Oh or the Three Beasts.

Am I accepted?

Yami's Girl
July 23rd, 2005, 2:44 PM
Emily turned at the sound of a voice behind her. A boy with black hair stood behind her, smiling. She smiled back.
"I'm Emily," she said. "Emily Mueller." She extended her hand for a shake and her violet-purple eyes reflected the light. She shook hands with the boy and looked around. She saw a girl and a nervous boy talking.
Prof. Elm, still isn't here.

July 23rd, 2005, 2:48 PM
OOC: Who's the nervous boy? My avatar is "me".

Geoffrey stood around quiet listening to what the other trainers were saying. He wasnt much of the talking type but didnt mind a good conversation.

July 23rd, 2005, 2:53 PM
I look around and I se soem people, including Jasmine!!

"Ms. Jasmine? Hello, my name is Myrrh, you are my fvaorite Gym Leader, you were a good match when we battled, and who knows, maybe well fight side-by-side!! Well, lets listen to the Proffesor..." I then stood next to her....

July 23rd, 2005, 3:00 PM
Geoffrey sighed as everyone talked but him. He really had nothing to converse about anything though, he doesnt glomp or kiss up to gym leaders and professors. He put his back against something and waited for someone to speak up.

July 23rd, 2005, 4:23 PM
Roan remained by the window, staring silently outside as he began to finger one of his Pokeballs. Rubbing its white and crimson surface between his thumb and index finger, he listened intently to voices of those about him. Then, staring down at the object, he paused as he recalled the radio transmission he had received. Why am I even here? I've never really meddled in others' affairs before. Roan returned his gaze thoughtfully to the window. And, where is the professor, anyway? The male retached his Pokeball to his belt, a faint light in his jade eyes. Whatever the case, I'll only help if it seems necessary. Otherwise, I'll simply return to my training.

Sapphire Milotic
July 23rd, 2005, 6:47 PM
" Good Morning Myrrh. A great battle we had last time. Oh Professor Elm, The people of Ecruteak have also been kidnapped. I think they are trying to capture Ho-Oh. Morty and Whitney are fighting in Goldenrod. They are trapped and are trying to fight Team Rocket to protect the people."said Jasmine.

"Lairon."said my Lairon, upset.

"Lairon, I know you are upset. We cannot do anything now. Just wait for us to travel there."said Jasmine, to Lairon.

July 23rd, 2005, 7:00 PM
I try to comfort Jasmines Lairon by petting it.

"Jasmine, do you know where the Prof-" My sentence was cut short when I see the Proffesor next to her,

"Hello Proffesor, I would like to share some information regarding the kidnappings, I some very important people have been kidnapped!! Here are a few, Mr. Pokemon, the Joys, and even the PokeMArt Shopkeepers!!" I then await a response from Prof. Elm......

(OOC: Who is playing Prof.Elm, if no one else is doing him, can I?)

Alter Ego
July 23rd, 2005, 11:10 PM
OOC: Sorry Geoff, I misread your profile. That's what I get for late-night posting >_< I'll edit my post m'kay?

July 23rd, 2005, 11:32 PM
tean:blastoise,lapres,starmie,totodile(i dont know his splling),polywag,seadrea

July 24th, 2005, 12:22 AM
OOC: Sorry Geoff, I misread your profile. That's what I get for late-night posting >_< I'll edit my post m'kay?

OOC: It's alright, lol...0.o

Geoffrey kept his eye on Jasmine, she was beautiful yet he didn't want to fall in love completely. I guess he was a little too young for her, but he didn't mind a good battle.

Alter Ego
July 24th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Now, really... her gesture of introduction ignored by the boy, who was apparently busy eyeing an attractive gym leader, Rhaine stalked of towards the window, where the rather unsocial brown haired one was still lost in his own thoughts. At least he doesn't think with his groin Rhaine thought darkly before making another attempt at introductions:
"Hi, I'm Rhaine. Although you probably knew that already since you've been listening there all along. What's your name?"

July 24th, 2005, 9:53 AM
(OOC: Um, Alter Ego, who are you talking to? Me?)

July 24th, 2005, 9:57 AM
Geoffrey's train of thought was interupted when someone talked to him when he didn't expect it. Geoffrey cleared his throat and said, "Yes, I did happen to catch your name. My name's Geoffrey Baudelaire." Geoffrey held out his hand and smiled.

OOC: I think it might be me lol, might. I'll edit if it isnt.

July 24th, 2005, 1:45 PM
(OOC: W/E)

"Jasmine? Wanna have a quick bout before leaving?" I asked hesitantly.....

July 24th, 2005, 2:29 PM
OCC: I have been gone for the weekend sorry. Sapphire Milotic, do not power play Prof. Elm isn't even there yet and Who said Morty was in this? Whitney has been captured by the way. so they are not fighting. All I am saying is DO NOT POWERPLAY!

"Hello everyone," Prof. Elm siad walking in the room. "Thank you all for coming on such short notice. I have soom bad news, Golden Rod has been taken over by Team Rocket.
I called you here because we need your help. We need you to go to Golden Rod and take it back from Team Rocket. Do you understand?"
"Prof. Elm," said the black haired guy who was talking to the pretty blonde. How do we get there and how can we be of any help?"
"You will get there by way of the S.S. Anne. It has been a long while since she has been in use be she willl have to do. You must head toward the Radio Tower and fight for Golden Rod. I hear that the Tower is there hideout. Can you do this?"
"Yes sir," Takeno said with a wide grin. Now I can show off! he thought to himself glancing toward Emily.

July 24th, 2005, 2:34 PM
"Um Proffesor? I have a question, do you have any information regarding the whereabout of where they have placed Whitney? If not, may I be the one to rescue her??" I then looked around, and scratched my head....

July 24th, 2005, 2:40 PM
Geoffrey listened carefully taking in what Professor Elm said. "I'll provide my services to help take back Golden Rod, but what will we get in return for doing that? I just don't fight to get something back and live with knowing I wasn't in someway appreciated by the people," he spoke up.

July 24th, 2005, 2:44 PM
"I am very glad you asked me that, You all will receive $10,000,000 for your services. That is only if you suceed on reclaiming Golden Rod. You will Also have a statue built of you in honor of you. how do you like that?"

July 24th, 2005, 2:45 PM
"Ever heard of something called, generosity??" I implied at the boy....

July 24th, 2005, 2:49 PM
"In a world and a situation like mine, I need all the money to fund something that's none of your business, so don't make remarks before you know the facts boy," he said back to him. Geoffrey then turned his attention to Professor Elm, "Sounds like sarcasm...Just so you know I am being serious."

July 24th, 2005, 2:52 PM
"Sorry, I....didnt know...." I replied to the kid.

July 24th, 2005, 2:56 PM
Geoffrey could immediately tell there could be some tension between the two along this "rescue" of Golden Rod. "It's alright," he replied. He patiently waited for Professor Elm's response.

July 24th, 2005, 3:01 PM
"I am in, I dont need the money. so you can keep it. But that statue might be nice. To be remembered always. I like the sound of that. If we are going to do this though, w ehave to get along. Dont you agree with me?" Takeno said glaring at the to boys. "So when does the ship leave?"
"In an hour so be ready."

July 24th, 2005, 3:06 PM
"I am ready," Geoffrey said confidently and with a grin, "I'll be nice if he is. I don't mean to sound like a little annoying brat."

July 24th, 2005, 3:22 PM
"Good, so is that it? Is that all that is going to help? Two people, that it?" Prof. Elm said in dissapointment.

July 24th, 2005, 3:26 PM
"I shall go too, no one shall be left behind, especially Whitney....." I then smiled with pride.....

July 24th, 2005, 3:47 PM
"We have a Whitney fan do we?" Takeno said patting Myrrh on the back. "I will help you out. But I will let you save her." Takeno wispered in his ear.

July 24th, 2005, 3:47 PM
OOC: I love the color/text or w/e you have on that most Myrrh lol.

"I'm sure there's more, they are just a tad quiet right now."

July 24th, 2005, 3:51 PM
OCC: We will wait till everyone else replys to go on.

July 24th, 2005, 3:54 PM
OOC: Its called GLOW, Try it, its fun!!! ^-^!!!

"Thanks," I replied.....

Yami's Girl
July 24th, 2005, 5:45 PM
:: I can do colors too! XD ::

Emily smiled at Takeno and turned to Prof. Elm.
"I don't need money, but I agree with Takeno," she said, her eyes flickering towards Takeno. She fingered her pokeballs.
"As far as it goes, I'm in for the mission." Emily took off one pokeball and released the pokemon inside. A shiney Vaporeon stood before here.
"I take it you've been listening, along with everyone eles, Hydro?" she asked the pokemon.
Hydro gave a snort and nodded.
"And I suppose you're in too?"
Hydro rolled her eyes and gave another nod.
"Good. I look forward to this then."

July 24th, 2005, 5:53 PM
I turn to the girl with the Vaporeon,

"Hello, my name is Myrrh, and I would like to point out that your Vaporeon seems not to want to do this task....Why??" I ask her....

Yami's Girl
July 24th, 2005, 6:12 PM
Emily smiled again.
"She's just kinda moody. She loves to go on adventures though."
Hydro curled up on the floor and started to nap. Emily then released another pokemon, this one was a Houndoom. The pokemon started to breath deeply and ran around his trainer several times before sitting and licking his paws.
"This is Darkness, my Houndoom. He's very happy and energetic and loves adventures too."
Darkness barked happily and started to run around Myrrh.
"Darkness! Stop that!" But despite his trainer's orders, Darkness proceeded to run around Myrrh.
"I hope you don't mind," Emily said with a slight sigh. "He's a handful."

July 24th, 2005, 6:20 PM
"No, not at all! I love Dog-Pokemon!!" I said with a grin.

I then pet him on the head.

"So, maybe we could battle side-by-side! I like the fact that we get along so much, so, hey, maybe we could have a quick battle before leaving?" I then smiled wide....

July 24th, 2005, 6:34 PM
*After years of RPing Geoff finally does it*

"WEEEE", Geoffrey said outloud.

OOC: I couldn't help it lmao, saw it in another place and just had to do it. Back to being serious..

IC: Geoffrey then coughed and said, "Hey my name's Geoffrey Baudelaire. I'm in it for the mission but for the money too, so, best of both worlds." He held out his hand waiting for her to give him a handshake.

July 24th, 2005, 9:51 PM
Getting upset that guys are hitting on the one he liked Takeno stepped in between Geoff's hand and sttod next to Emily, "So how long have you had this cutie?" Takeno asked petting the Vaporeon. "Meet my Eevee," I said releasing an Eevee with black fur. "Like your Vaporeon my Eevee is also shiney. So how old are you?" Takeno asked in couriostiy, glancing at the two boys that he hoped took the hint.

Alter Ego
July 24th, 2005, 11:55 PM
OOC:Weeell, let's just say it was Geoff for the simplicity of things, can't make out my own posts at times, but aren't you guys just rushing this plot just a bit.? ^_^

Finally someone with a little manners Rhaine though for herself as she shook Geoff's hand. As the others started introducing their Pokmon Rhaine thought it best to follow suit: "Alright! Come on out guys!"

With their corresponding cries a Vaporeon, an Arcanine, a Blastoise, a Victreebel and a Dragonair appeared.

"Right." Rhaine said to the others in general "The timid one here is Aeris" she nodded towards the Dragonair that had curled around her right leg and was eyeing the others in the room suspiciously "That one is Minerva" she gestured towards the Vaporeon that was trying to make friends with Hydro "These two are Angelo and Azure" she patted the Arcanine and the Blastoise that had taken up places on her both sides ready to defend if need be "And that's Lily" Rhaine pointed at the Victreebel that had taken up position in a corner and was eyeing the Eevee with a hungry look. "Don't even think about it missy." she growled to the Victreebel, guessing its intent "Sorry" she said to Takeno "She's been a bit malicious since she evolved."

July 25th, 2005, 9:43 AM
"Might as well," Takeno spoke as he released his other pokemon. this is Shadow my Eevee as you see. Flicker my Quilava, Sosuke my Growlithe,Ronin my Ledian, Sprout my Ivysaur, and now Shuko my Mankey!" I have had them for a while. I just started battling the gyms. I got done battling Bygsy whne I seen Prof. Elm and he asked me, "Are you a tranier?" I replied with a simple "yes." "Come to my lab as soon al possible please." I said as he stormed off.

July 25th, 2005, 1:53 PM
[OOC: Roleplays seem to move most quickly during my absence . . . ^-^;;]

Turning as a female trainer approached him, the male responded shortly to her inquiry of his name. "Roan Jaeger." Then, as Professor Elm spoke, he fell silent as he listened to the information given.

After the others had given their answers, Roan replied, "Keep your money and statues. Money is useless where I live, and recognition is the last thing I want." A strange light entered the trainer's emerald eyes as he finished, "But, I'll help save the city."

Roan watched in silence as various trainers introduced their Pokemon to one another. However, he did not release his own Pokemon--choosing rather to simply observe the others.

July 25th, 2005, 2:28 PM
Prof Elm: "I hope you all are ready, becasue the ship has arrived." He said wlking toward the door. "Follow me." He said as he walked throught the door.
Returning his pokemon Takeno stuck around and talked to Emily before walking toward the door. "So where are you from?" Takeno asked hoping he would live in a town near hers.

July 25th, 2005, 3:26 PM
Geoffrey took the hint and looked at Rhaine. "Hm, so I look foward to talking to you more on the ship," he said to Rhaine as he walked toward to the door. Geoffrey didn't really want anyone to see his pokemon, just remaining mysterious like that.

July 25th, 2005, 3:29 PM
"Hm? Looks like we wont be able to battle then, but....we could after all this.."I said with a gleam in my eyes.

I exited closely behind Prof. Elm......

July 25th, 2005, 4:09 PM
Listening to the others talk about battling each other he was getting pretty mad. How can they talk about battling when we might not come back from Golden Rod alive. Takeno thought to himself. "So Prof. Elm how long will it take to get there?"
"About 20 min., but you should know this as well. The ship will leave as soon as you get off of it. It will come back if you can take Golden Rod back."

July 25th, 2005, 4:13 PM
"Proffesor? How will we communicate? Our PokeNavs?" I aksed him....

July 25th, 2005, 4:38 PM
"Well, that's kinda unfair. What if they hold us against our will in an underground dungeon and the ship wont come back with some people to rescue us!?!" Geoffrey was a little concerned about the slim possiblity of that, though, he wasn't a wimp and just wonderded about that.

July 25th, 2005, 5:55 PM
"Unfair? We are there to rescue them they aren't there to rescue us. If one of us is injured we will have a emergency transport in Ecruteak. Now if anyone else has any stupid questions to bad. Otherwise we will not return here till the job is finished. Got it?"
Takeno said with a ruthless tone.
"Couldn't have said it better myself."Prof. Oak chuckled. "Oh, we will use our PokeNavs to communitcate."

July 25th, 2005, 6:03 PM
Psh...who does he think he is "Yeah whatever," Geoffrey said brushing aside what he just said. "Just remember though, if you're ever in a tight spot don't count on me to help you." Geoffrey got on the ship and found a room to stay in.

July 25th, 2005, 6:11 PM
"Like I need your help, please I could take you on anytime anywhere!" Takeno said laughing.
"Boys, you have to get along other wise you are not getting anywhere. You will fail if you fight each other. Got it?"

July 25th, 2005, 7:18 PM
I walk on the deck of of the boat,I look back......I enter the boat......I then went into a room on the ship.....

Alter Ego
July 26th, 2005, 2:15 AM
Rhaine threw Takeno a withering glare as she collected her Pokmon, with the exception of Minerva who happily trodded after her trainer as she followed the others to the ship- Rhane didn't like that boy's attitude at all. They were supposed to be a team, but he just kept squabbling with Geoffrey and acting all big and tough in front of Emily in a futile attempt to impress her. "Don't count on my help either..." she muttered under her breath as she walked out of the door and boarded the ship, contemplating wether she should let Lily teach Takeno a little lesson in humility or not.

July 26th, 2005, 10:32 PM
This should be interesting. Roan boarded the ship in silence, casting his glance over the group. We haven't even reached Goldenrod yet, and there's already tension. If they don't find a way to cooperate before arriving at the city, I'd hate to think of how they'd act when they're actually under pressure.

The trainer made his way wordlessly toward the boat's railing, staring quietly across the restless sea. A faint zephyr surrounded Roan as the dark waves reflected starkly against his emerald eyes. Why I agreed to help with this mission, I'm not sure. But, it's too late to turn back now.

Yami's Girl
July 27th, 2005, 6:32 AM
Emily returned her pokemon, except Hydro, who was having fun Minerva, and boared the ship.
"I come from Blackthorn. Dragons galore... I grew up with a dragon influence. So my family owns a bunch of dragon types." Emily walked by Rhaine and Minerva who Hydro was playing with, and Geoff. She stood over the railing and invited Takeno and Rhain.
"Wanna hang out Rhaine?" she asked "Our Vaporeons will be fine." Emily looked out over the sea.
No turning back now

Alter Ego
July 27th, 2005, 6:50 AM
"Sure." Rhaine replied, happy for the company. Minerva shot her a pleading look, clearly asking for permission to move freely with her newfound friend. Rhaine gave her a nod of approval, "Go ahead Minerva. Just don't go falling over the rail like last time, alright? I don't want to have to ask them to stop the ship and turn back to get you."
"Vapor..." the Vaporeon replied in a slightly offended tone giving Rhaine a definite Make-one-little-mistake-and-you-never-hear-the-end-of-it look before she hurried back to Hydro, engaging in whatever two Vaporeons do to pass the time.
"Well" Rhaine said, smiling as she turning back to Emily "At least they seem to be enjoying themselves." she took a look out over the railing, watching the sunlight sparkle of the sea, wondering what would be in store for them once they reached Goldenrod. I just hope we're not too late...

Yami's Girl
July 27th, 2005, 7:02 AM
Hydro gave a cross between a squel and a snort.
Emily chuckled. "They do. Hydro is so moody though, I've never seen her having so much fun." Hydro and Minerva tumbled across deck, chasing each other. Emily released Darkness.
"You can go play on the deck , too, just don't fall off and come back when we dock."
Darkness nodded, barked happily and ran off.
"So, Rhaine, where are you from?"

Alter Ego
July 27th, 2005, 7:18 AM
Rhaine looked down at her feet for a moment, feeling a strange kind of embarassment for not being born in so exiting a place as Emily, she knew it was an extremly silly line of though but couldn't help it, "Pallet Town" she muttered, turning her eyes back up "It's a sleepy little village in western Kanto, known only because of professor Oak and that big shot trainer Red who became champion a few years back. Nothing even remotely interesting ever happens there, though..."

Yami's Girl
July 27th, 2005, 7:43 AM
Emily smiled.
"I think that's a cool place to live!" she said, see as Rhaine thought the town was stupid. "Blackthorn really isn't exciting either. It may see like it because of the sotries an' all, but it's not really." Darkness came pounding up to Emily, whimpering and his fur slightly damp.
"I'd stay out of thier way if I were you," she said, glancing at the two Vaporeons. "Thier fun isn't to be interupted."

Alter Ego
July 27th, 2005, 9:27 AM
"Cool?" Rhaine grinned and shook her head "The only time I've heard a person say that Pallet Town is a cool place to be was when that enormous blizzard struck a few years back; turned out that it was caused by Articuno passing the area for some reason." she briefly considered her own words "Well" she added as an afterthought "I suppose exiting things do happen at times, but I still think Blackthorn has more in the way of social interactions. Although I suppose no place feels that exciting when you've spent the better part of your life there."
Rhaine noticed the soaked Houndoom headed their way "Oh, you poor thing." she said, eyeing the fire Pokmon "We should get that water off-I know, come on out Angelo!"
With a roar, the Arcanine appeared out of its Pokball in front of its considerably smaller cousin. For a moment both dogs stiffened, sniffing each other and gauging wether the other was a treath or not. Then, much to Rhaine's relief, they both relaxed "Alright" she said, adressing the Arcanine "Dry him off.". Angelo nodded, raising his body temperature so that the warmth it produced removed any moisture from the Houndoom's body. The Arcanine then approached his trainer, nudging her right arm "Yes, you did good." Rhaine said, ruffling the pokmon's mane a bit "You can stay out too, if you want."
The Arcanine gave an affirmative bark and walked a bit away from his trainer, curling up in the shade of the wall in preparation of a short nap, although the pokmon made a point of watching the other trainer carefully through one eye, left just a bit open.
"Don't mind him." Rhaine said, turning back to Emily "He's got this obsession with protecting me."

Yami's Girl
July 27th, 2005, 9:33 AM
Emily chuckled.
"I know what you mean," she said. "Rage is just the same. He was abandoned as a Larvitar, so when I rescued him he was so delighted I'm now his savior and he'd protect me with his life." Darkness nudged Rhaine's Arcanine, and getting no rection, ran off again.
"Do you like to travel?" Emily asked, wanting to keep the conversation going.

Alter Ego
July 27th, 2005, 10:17 AM
"Oh, I love it." Rhaine replied "You know, getting to see new places, meet new people-" for a moment her voice trailed of as she came to think of the one new person she had yet to meet, the one she had wanted to find more than any other "you know, that kind of stuff." she concluded, trying to cover up for her brief silence. She wagered that it didn't go too well though, "So..." she said, hoping to change the subject and deciding to pose a question for a change "Why did you decide to become a trainer?"

July 27th, 2005, 10:25 AM
As he laid in the sun Takeno thought of how he could help out Golden Rod, I only have pre-evolde pokemon. Everyone else with thier evolved pokemon would blow them out of the water. I geuss Shadows speed is a good thing. Flicker has a awsome flame thrower, and Sosuke is a great head on attacker. *sigh* Oh well, Takeno thought sitting up seeing that Emily and Rhaine were getting along fine. I need to be more like a sis, Jasmine is a great leader and she gets along with everyone. I need look at other ways to figure things out than just fighting. Maybe if I apologize it will all work out!. Takeno thought walking over to Rhaine and Emily. "Rhaine I am sorry for the way I acted back there and I dont want that getting in the way of this mission." I said reaching my hand out for a shake. "Friends?"

Alter Ego
July 27th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Angelo barred his teeth and gave a low, treathening growl as he noticed Takeno approach, fully aware of the emnity Rhaine had with the boy. Rhaine silenced the dog pokmon by raising her hand, although Angelo still had his teeth barred as her trainer heard Takeno out:
"Rhaine I am sorry for the way I acted back there and I dont want that getting in the way of this mission." he reached out his hand for Rhaine to shake "Friends?"
"Well..." Rhaine hesitated for a moment, looking at the boy's expression, it seemed earnest enough. "Alright" she said, shaking his hand briefly "We'll let bygones be bygones." she took a deep breath before continuing "I know it's probably going to hurt your ego a bit but you should really have a talk with Geoffrey too. I think he was more insulted than I was."
Well she thought, watching Takeno's reaction I really hope he's serious about this. Regardless, he certainly deserves some credit for trying.

July 27th, 2005, 10:52 AM
OCC: This is going along just great guys and ladies. I will talk with Geoff when he returns.

IC: "So do you mind if I join you all? I am really kinda bored though we should be there soon."

Alter Ego
July 27th, 2005, 10:58 AM
"I guess..." Rhaine threw a glance at Emily, wordlessly asking for her opinion, she wasn't personally oppossed to Takeno's presence but wasn't sure wether she could be quite as open with him present. Rhaine always felt more comfortable around girls for some reason and did find the old saying 'Two's company but three's a crowd' rather appealing, but she was determined not to freeze someone out just because of her own insecurities.

July 27th, 2005, 2:24 PM
"Thanks! So how long have you trained pokemon? It has been alittle over a year for me. I spend time in certain ares training. Some of them are secret and other are right out in the open. I love spending time with my pokemon they are so much fun!"

Yami's Girl
August 1st, 2005, 11:39 AM
I nodded to Rhaine. *Hope it's ok,* I mouthed. I then listened to Takeno.
"I've been training for, hm I guess almost two years. I'm the same way, I have places to train in peace and others in the open. I love battling other trainers too, and I win a fair amount about 'em too. And I'll say I have a very strong bond with my pokemon and it's always strengthened through training." I smiled. I turned back to Rhaine. "Yourself?"

August 2nd, 2005, 2:53 PM
Roan's emerald eyes stared quietly toward the horizon, awaiting any sign of Golden Rod. Leaning wordlessly on the boat's rail, Roan listened in silence to the voices that reached him by the sea's zephyrs. Though somewhat quiet and often slightly "blurred", the words were nonetheless understandable. It seems the others are beginning to communicate more effectively. The trainer's eyes closed as he allowed the sea mist to brush his features. As long they continue to improve, perhaps they do have a chance . . .

August 2nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
Walking toward the rail Takeno looked out at sea and yell "We are here!" As the sight of GOlden Rod grew to greater sight. "It looks so peaceful. Come on back guys!" Takeno said as he returned his pokemon to there rightfull balls. "Now the fun begins."

Alter Ego
August 2nd, 2005, 11:08 PM
Here already? Rhaine hadn't gotten along to talking about her training when Goldenrod already came into view. "Well" she said as Angelo came and pressed his warm body against her comfortingly "This is it." Minerva had obviously noticed their arrival as she came speeding towards them, shortly followed by Hydro.

August 3rd, 2005, 10:53 AM
Walking toward the captians office Takeno noticed that smoke was coming out a a building from Golden Rod......"Whitney..." Takeno whispered seeing that it was the gym on fire. "I can't beleive it, I can't beleive that this is happening."

Yami's Girl
August 3rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
Hydro and Darkness bounded off the boat and onto the ground, I followed them.
"Limitless energy," I muttered. Takeno was already off the ship and walking. I followed, only to run into him.
"What's wrong?" I asked. He pointed to the building and I heard him mutter
"Whitney......" I motioned for Rhaine.
"Our first assignment, I suppose."

August 3rd, 2005, 12:07 PM
"We have to save her....We have to i can not let her die or be captured.....I will save her........" Takeno said not even noticing that Emily(the one he was crushing on) was standing right behind him..."If she..." He stopped in mid sentence. falling to his knees he thought to himself, Whitney is blood, she can't die....I can't let my sis die.

August 3rd, 2005, 12:42 PM
"If you want to save Whitney, stand up and do it," Roan stated flatly, brushing past Takeno as he cast a Pokeball into the air. "Scyther, go. Take a look at the city and search for traps."

Materializing from a flash of crimson light, the bug Pokemon nodded before vanishing. Within a minute the Pokemon returned, alighting on the ground as its wings slowed.

"Scy, scyther."

*"Looks like the edges of the city, at the least, are clear. But, we'll still need to be careful." Roan glanced toward the others. "If it's acceptable, I suggest that a few of us go to Whitney's gym while the rest go into the other parts of the city. No doubt there'll be some risk in splitting up, but there's also no doubt that more people than Whitney need help."

[OOC: * - If this post conflicts with your plans, I will edit.]

Alter Ego
August 3rd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Rhaine nodded at Roan's suggestion "He's got a point, we'll be more effective if we split up. But who takes what?"

She watched the other trainers appraisingly, Emily would obviously be her preference for a partner but between her and Rhaine they did seem to have the most well developed pokmon so it might not make sense strategy-wise. Rhaine took a pause and waited for the others' reactions.

August 3rd, 2005, 2:48 PM
"I am going to Whitney's gym.....Anyone who wants to come can, I will lead that part of the group! The other half can g oaround to houses and check to see if anyone else is here. Make sure you go to Bill's home. His parents are bound ot be there. Now who is coming with me? We have to make sure some stronger trainers come with us and stay with you guys, so who's coming?

August 3rd, 2005, 7:24 PM
I wanna join! I wanna join!

Name: Rukario

Badges: All 8 Johto Badges

Team: Typhlosion, Umbrion (Shiny), Porygon 2 (Shiny), Suicune (Shiny), Lugia, Ho-oh.

August 3rd, 2005, 7:25 PM
*Flys to Goldenrod on Lugia* Lugia! Return! *Sends Lugia to PokeBall* Can I help? I have all of the Johto Badges!

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2005, 4:11 AM
OOC: Dammit man, you haven't even been accepted yet, you double posted, this RP has a six badge maximum and no legendaries limitation, and you've used a '*' action notation which is against the RP section's rules. Honestly, Read before you write. *Reports* (This form is only acceptable in OOCs)

Yami's Girl
August 4th, 2005, 11:16 AM
::Noobs... Can't RP right... *shakes head*::

"Well," I was torn on who to go with. I liked Takeno, but I hadn't seen all of his pokemon yet, as for Rhaine, our pokemon worked well together. But it was a tough decision.
"I guess I'll go around the city. I'm not the heroic type." Hydro nudged me and gave me a smug look.
"I'm not going with him," I whispered. "I don't like the hero praise. No I Don't LIKE HIM!" I made sure to keep my voice low so no one would hear the conversation. I was always embaressed if someone caught me talking to my pokemon, and this was no exception.
"Now then, when do we start?"

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Rhaine couldn't help overhearing Emily's little discussion with Hydro, her ears had attuned to that sort of thing over the years. She stiffled a small giggle, was this a crush in the making? Rhaine soon became serious however.

"Well, I'll take the streets too if that's okay with everyone. Angelo and Minerva are great trackers, and Aeris can sense it when people are nearby."

And, she added for herself as a mental note, This way I get to tease Emily a little.

Yami's Girl
August 4th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I straightened up.
"Hydro and Darkness are good at tracking too. And Flare can track from the sky pretty well." I looked at Rhaine, who seemed to be giggling.
She must've overheard, I thought. I walked over to her.
"If you overheard that little bit, no I do not like Takeno, don't even think at forcing that on me!"

Alter Ego
August 4th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Rhaine gave Emily a friendly grin "Touchy, aren't we?" she chuckled "But whatever you say...Just try not to express those opinions so loudly when he's around, alright?" She said, lowering her voice into a conspiratory whisper to make sure that the person concerned wouldn't hear "Cause' I think he kind of likes you."

Minerva and Hydro were apparently thinking something pretty much along the same lines as they exchanged meaningful looks and discussed something in a highly amused tone.

August 4th, 2005, 3:56 PM
Geoffrey noticed the weird things going on and just stood and watched while everything took place. Although, romances between partners wasn't an ideal part of his picture he painted in his head of saving Goldenrod...

August 4th, 2005, 4:23 PM
Looking back at the girls staring each other down Takeno started to laugh. "What am I thinking. My pokemon can track down people so easily. Meganium, come on out! Mankey, you to! These guys can track down people really easy....Maybe I should head with the search party. Geoff, am placing you in charge of saving my sis." Looking around at everyone, Takeno noticed that they didn't know WHitney was his sister. "Yes Whitney is my sister. You can save her I know it."
"So, lets go!"

August 4th, 2005, 4:29 PM
"Er...Whitney....I'll do my best. I forgot where she is being held captive or do you not know too?" Geoffrey kinda thought this was going to be one of those tasks where he can't mess things up and had to have himself dedicated to saving her.

August 4th, 2005, 4:51 PM
"I would start your search at the gym and look for clues on where sh might be....Other wise I have no idea...So its your choice...Your in charge."

August 4th, 2005, 6:54 PM
"Alright," Geoffrey said.

Geoffrey saw a rocket around the corner and took him down and used his uniform. He headed over to the direction of the gym trying to not look suspicious that his looks were phony showing that he was an imposter.

August 4th, 2005, 7:38 PM
Roan glanced at the others before motioning toward Scyther. Without a word, they started along the town's ocean edge. Aside from the main paths and helicopter, the ocean is one of routes most likely to be used by our adversaries in transportation. Increasing his pace to a run, the trainer's green eyes narrowed. We can't forget about the radio toward either. That was where the transmissions were first sent from and is probably heavily guarded. I doubt the Rockets would destroy the tower--the equipment would be too valuable. Knowing them, they're using it for their own purposes.

Yami's Girl
August 5th, 2005, 9:37 AM
Hydro and Drakness exchanged looks and followed Roan.
"Flare, time to track," I said, throwing her ball. The purple Charizard appeared and took to the sky. I grabbed Rhaine.
"Let's go! We'll never be any help if we don't keep up!" I started to run after Roan, dragging Rhaine along with me.

Alter Ego
August 5th, 2005, 9:43 AM
"There's no need to be pushy..." Rhaine muttered, wondering if Emily wasn't maybe just a tiny bit sore about her comment "Come on out, Aeris!"

"Air!" the dragon called out, coliling herself around her trainer.

"I want you to keep your senses peeled and warn me as soon as you notice any rockets, alright?" Rhaine patted the Aeris on her head as the Dragonair let out an affirmative cry.

"Okay." Rhaine said, swinging her leg over Angelo with Aeris tightly wrapped around her waist "Let's go!"

The Arcanine picked up a good pace, easily keeping Roan within sight as Minerva sprinted on their side.

Yami's Girl
August 5th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I felt Rhaine slip away from me and turned my head to see where she'd gone. She was now riding her Arcanine, and I wondered whether I should ride one of my pokemon too. I let out my Salamance and jumped on.

"Salamance, I need you to fly slightly above ground, keeping your senses alert and eyes peeled for Rockets."
Salamance nodded and started to fly beside Rhaine and Angelo.

How hard could it be to spot black uniforms?

August 5th, 2005, 11:39 AM
His gaze remaining on the path ahead of him, Roan heard Emily and Rhaine release their Pokemon and follow him. "I've only been to GoldenRod a few times, but there should be a series of warehouses up ahead accompanied by a docking area for boats. That means there'll be an abundance of hiding places, so be ready for anything," Roan called to the others. Still running, the trainer released a Pokemon. "Staryu, tell me if you find anything strange in the water. Scyther, scout ahead." The water and bug Pokemon immediately departed.

August 5th, 2005, 1:57 PM
Good thing I brought my blades!" I siad puuting them on. "Now Meganium, we've practised so many times." He spoke as he put a rope around the pokemon's neck. "Let's go!" He yelled as the Meganium took off towards the others. Now I can probably get alone with Emily and tell her how I feel.

Yami's Girl
August 5th, 2005, 2:07 PM
Salamance examined every piece of land in his eyesight. Hydro and Darkness plodded along, also looking for any sign of Rockets.
"Salamance!" said the dragon pokemon. Darkness and Hydro sharply turned to the left and ran at high speeds. I then noticed what they had spotted.
"Guys! Rockets at 3 o' clock!" Salamance turned and followed my other pokemon. A group of about ten Rockets stood, apparently training. As soon as they spotted us, they packed up thier pokemon and ran.

The chase begins...

::If my post doesn't go along with your storyline or thoughts, tell me; I'll edit.::

August 5th, 2005, 2:13 PM
"Lets go Meganium! Trip 'em! Vine whip attack!" He yelled then he watched the rockets fall, "Alright, lets take these guys out!

Yami's Girl
August 5th, 2005, 2:26 PM
I landed beside the group of Rockets, who were still sprawled on the ground. Flare, Darkness, Salamance, and Hydro surrounded them. I released Rage, my Tyranitar, and had him pick up a nearby Rocket.

"Where's Whitney, Scum? She'd better be unharmed." I said to him.

"I-I dunno," he answered. Rage shook him violently.

"Yes, you do, and I know you do."

"Well, she should be unharmed. I don't know what the leaders did with her though and whether they want to kill her or no-" Rage threw him on the ground.

"Where did you see her last?"

The Rocket pointed towards the Radio Tower. "That's where I last saw her, she might not be there though, I'm not certain. Seriously! I'm not sure!" He shook violently.
I spat at him.
"We'll make sure to put you in jail. But she'd better not be harmed or you Rockets are in for a good deal of trouble..."

::Again, if this mixes with the storyline or anything, I'll edit.::

August 5th, 2005, 4:39 PM
OCC: Its good!

IC:Watching the rocket spit out the info I seen one of the rockets try to run.
"Mankey, take him down!" I yelled releasing my Mankey. Mankey took if after him and I started chasing him to, "You better stop! I am taking you down!" I glared at him passing Mankey leaping on to the Rocket.
"Spill it, where is everyone being held? Well?"
"I don't know! Anyway, why should I tell you? Your not anyone important!"
"Either you tell me or my Mankey will accidently do some damage..." I said grinning, looking at my Mankey.
"Alright," he said looking at Mankey in fear, "They are being held in the basement of the radio tower!" The grunt spoke nervously.
"If they aren't, I am coming back for you!" I spat at him in a low tone. "Grab him Mankey, take him to the others......I have some people to save."

August 5th, 2005, 7:51 PM
It looks like the others have things covered . . . that leaves me free to keep going. Roan glanced back toward the others before continuing in his course. However, as he ran, he heard a frightened Rocket divulge Whitney's location. So, that's where she is. The Radio Tower must be functioning as the Rocket's GoldenRod base. It seems to make sense . . .

"Scy, Scy!"

Roan turned as he heard Scyther's voice beside him.

"Scyther, Scy!"

"Oh? Only two? Then it shouldn't be problem. Did they see you?"

"Then we still have the element of surprise."

Dashing about a corner, Roan brought himself to a sudden stop while motioning toward two Rocket guards patrolling the area. "Knock them out, Scyther!"

One of the bug type's scythes struck a guard in the head, causing him to fall into unconsciousness. However, recovering from his shock, the second guard dodged the attack while a two Pokeball. "Houndour, take that Scyther out with a Flamethrower!"

"Scyther, dodge!"

As the canine sprang forward and began to release its flames, Roan noticed the Rocket reaching for a communicator at his side. No! I can't allow him to sound an alarm. It was then that Roan noticed a movement in the water a short distance away. His eyes narrowed.

"Staryu, use Water Gun to short out the communicator!" The Pokemon immediately sprang from the water, releasing a blast of water and striking the electric object. As the communicator fell sparking to the ground the Rocket spat angrily before turning to flee.

"Scyther, stop him! Staryu, cover Scyther!"

After dodging a stream of fire, Scyther shot toward the Rocket. As the Houndour's Flamethrower followed the bug, it was countered by Staryu's Water Gun. Within two seconds, the Rocket had fallen to the ground a few yards from his partner, both unconscious. And, as Houndour snarled under the blast of water Staryu cast toward it, Roan removed a Pokeball from the Rocket's hand and recalled the dark Pokemon.

"Good work. Let's go."

Staryu and Scyther nodded. However, as they prepared to follow their trainer, they froze as three more Rockets ran from a nearby alley--drawn to the area by the sounds of battle.

Alter Ego
August 5th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Noticing that Emily and Takeno had things sorted out quite well between themselves, Rhaine had decided to follow Roan instead. He watched his battle with the first rocket, but knew that he might be in trouble against three.

"Aeris! Go help!"

"Air!" the Dragonair leapt elegantly through the air and landed between the rockets and Roan's pokmon. At the sight of the rocket uniforms Aeris' usual friendly expression turned fierce, memories of her tribe's abduction fresh in mind.

The closest rocket was fairly quick in processing the event however; "Go Raticate! Super Fang!" with a cry the Raticate appeared in front of its trainer and charged towards Aeris, fangs gleaming.

Not a chance Rhaine thought for herself with a smirk, deciding it was a good time to us Aeris' special move.

"Aeris! Extremespeed!"

The dragon pokmon dashed forward with blinding speed, catching the rat from the side and knocking it into a wall.

"Don't let it regain its balance!" Rhaine called "Thunderbolt!"

The other rockets seemed to have finally caught on however, as a Golem appeared in front of the wounded Raticate and absorbed the charge. At the same time, the third rocket released a Golbat which gave of a horrifying screech that forced Rhaine to cover her ears.

"Great." she muttered, that screech would undoubtedly draw a lot more rockets to their location to inspect the noise.

August 6th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Pressing his hands over his ears, Roan called, "Staryu, Rapid Spin the Golbat!"

The gold-brown Pokemon burst toward the bat in a swift twirl. However, as a Golem prepared to intercept it, the star-shaped Pokemon surrounded itself with water. The rock type instantly backed away, allowing Staryu to strike Golbat full force and cease its Screech attack.

Glancing toward Rhaine, Roan nodded, saying, "Thanks for the help." The male trainer's gaze returned to the three Rockets as he removed a Pokeball from his belt. "It's my turn, now. Sneasel, go! Use Blizzard and Ice Punch to seal off this area!"

The dark Pokemon burst from its Pokeball, striking the ground with an Ice Punch. Suddenly, shards of cold burst from the ground at various areas before forming solid pillars--leaving a passage only beside the water at the direction the others would be arriving.

"Good work. Now return, Staryu. Sneasel, take care of the Rockets. Catch up with us when you're done," Roan directed, recalling Staryu before turning toward the Radio Tower's direction.

Alter Ego
August 6th, 2005, 11:54 AM
"You're welcome." Rhaine replied, relieved that Staryu had cut out Golbat's little musical interlude. As Sneasel unleashed its Blizzard upon the battlefield Rhaine decided that it was best to withdraw Aeris, knowing that the Dragonair might take serious damage from even a single stray pillar.

"You come back too, Minerva" she added, recalling the Vaporeon who had been faithfully trodding on her side. "Now, let's go Angelo!"

Rhaine took one last glance at the Sneasel, slightly worried for its well-being even though it wasn't even her own pokmon. I suppose Roan knows his pokmon better than I do... she concluded, as her Arcanine picked up the pace once more. I hope the others are alright.

Yami's Girl
August 7th, 2005, 4:05 PM
Rage picked up the Rocket again and slapped him hard, causing him to black out. The dinosaur pokemon slung the Rocket over Salamance's back.

"Yes, if we need him later. Now, return." The pokemon disappeared with a flash of crimson light. I climbed back onto Salamance and headed for the Radio Tower.

It shouldn't be too hard to get in, I thought. I noticed Roan and Rhaine down below us and had Salamance fly closer to them.

A few short minutes later we arrived at the Radio Tower. I released Rage and Hydro. Rage took the Grunt and slung him over his shoulder once more.

Time to start our mission.

August 7th, 2005, 5:56 PM
Sorry... I'm kinda new here... Sorry...

Alter Ego
August 8th, 2005, 6:55 AM
"Hiya." Rhaine called as she met up with Emily and Takeno by the Radio Tower, watching the rocket slung over Rage's shoulder with interest "Did you have a good hunt?"

She dismounted Angelo and decided to release Azure as well, Safety in numbers she thought for herself. Noticing Hydro, Rhaine released Minerva as well, the water pokmon happily reuniting with her friend.

Yami's Girl
August 8th, 2005, 7:08 AM
::It's ok Rukario. Just read the rules, ok?::

"Very good hunt," I said with a slight smirk. Rhaine released her Vaporeon and I saw Hydro go over to her.

"Now listen, you two. We don't have time to play much, a bit of talking is fine, but we must stay focus. We wouldn't want to be caught off gaurd, would we?" I patted the two Vaporeons.

"Sorry, if I was commanding your Pokemon, Rhaine. I don't want us to get hurt." Darkness popped out of his ball.

I sighed. "Fine." I walked up to the Radio Tower doors and opened them. No one in sight.

At least on the first floor, anyway. I walked inside and motioned for the others.
"Which level do you think Whitney is on?"

Alter Ego
August 8th, 2005, 7:13 AM
OOC: Yeah, what she said...er, wrote.

"You listen to Emily, Minerva." Rhaine said to her pokmon "I don't want either one of you to get hurt, you hear?"

Minerva gave an exsasperated nod and rolled her eyes before resuming her conversation.

This is too quiet. Rhaine thought for herself, examining the deserted ground floor I hope it's not a trap.

"Which level do you think Whitney is on?" Emily asked.

Rhaine gave a shrug "The topmost maybe? But that might be a bit too obvious. I don't know...are there maybe some kind of secret levels around here?"

It was a wild guess, but in Rhaine's experience rockets simply adored all kinds of hidden entrances and clever locking mechanisms. Then she came to think of something;

"Have you tried asking this little guy?" she said, gesturing towards the rocket dangling over Rage's shoulder.

August 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Casting a wary gaze about the area, Roan questioned, "What do you think Scyther?"

Speaking in the same, level tone as its master, Scyther replied, "Scyther, Scy . . . Scyther."

"You're right, even if it is a trap, we can't simply wait here." Placing a Pokeball in his hand, Roan strode slowly forward. Pausing before the elevator door, the trainer stared up at the listing of the levels. "Looks like there's at least two basement levels. That seems promising enough . . . "

Alter Ego
August 8th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Rhaine nodded "Makes sense." she said "Rockets like their bases subterranean for some reason."

Her thoughts returned to the old Celadon game corner hideout that they'd been trying to bring back into use. She and the gang had taken care of that right quick.

"At least, that's my experience." Rhaine concluded.

August 9th, 2005, 10:33 AM
"Ok, Two of us will search up stairs and two if us down stairs. Who wants to go with who?" Takeno said looking around at the others hoping to see Rhaine go with Roan.
Then we can talk! PLEASE OH PLEASE!!! He thought to himself.

August 9th, 2005, 10:55 AM
"Well . . . whoever goes upstairs should probably have at least one flying Pokemon. While the Radio Tower may have been proud of their glass windows before, they probably provide a disadvantage now--even with the railings." Roan glanced at those present, attempting to recall the Pokemon they had displayed earlier. "If I recall correctly, all of us have at least one flying Pokemon except for Takeno. But, if she would be willing, Emily probably has enough flying Pokemon to compensate for that." The trainer shrugged. "Either way, I leave your decisions up to you." Turning toward the elevator, Roan concluded, "But, I'm going into the basement."

The male paused, before adding as an afterthought. "By the way, I have a two warnings--look out for traps, and remember we're on a mission." Roan glanced at Takeno before motion toward Scyther. The bug Pokemon pried open one elevator's pair of doors with its blades, preparing to protect its trainer it the event of an explosion. However, finding none, the Pokemon glanced cautiously into the elevator shaft.

Looks like the elevator's on a higher floor . . . good. Without a word to the others, Roan leaped down the shaft--Scyther at his side.

August 9th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Getting the hint he looked at Emily. "Maybe you should go with Rhaine upstairs and I will go with Roan...Come on Mankey!" He said leaping into the elavator shaft. I know Roan is right so I will go with him...And his Syther is really strong to....so best of luck to them but for now. It is time for some butt kicking. Takeno thought to himself. a thud sounded when Takeno hit the floor and Mankey at his side. "This is as far as you go Mankey!" Takeno said pulling out a pokeball. "Return. Now it your turn! Go Chameleon!"

Alter Ego
August 9th, 2005, 11:22 AM
"Well, have fun boys." Rhaine called as Takeno leapt into the shaft after Roan. Strange she thought for herself I would have thought he would go with Emily. she turned to the afforementioned and tried to catch a glimpse on her sentiments on the matter before she opened her mouth:

"Well." Rhaine said "Let's go upstairs then, shall we?"

Yami's Girl
August 9th, 2005, 1:01 PM
I nodded.
"Let's go." I returned Rage and slung him over my shoulder.
"Oof! Heavy!" I straightened.

I'll manage. I started up the stairs, Hydro and Darkness following. I got to the first hallway and looked around.

Seems fine... I took a step and a trapdoor opened. I grabbed nearest thing, which happened to be Darkness' tail.

"Pull!" Darkness pulled me up, but I dropped the Rocket down the trap. A thud came from below and angry voices sounded.

More Rockets I suppose. I got up and brushed myself off.

"Gotta be more careful."

August 9th, 2005, 6:19 PM
hearing a thud about ten feet away I looked to my right which a door stood. Hearing many voices shouting I thought to myself...This is it, it is time to kick major ROcket butt! BOOM, the door flew open with a thunderous sound. "Charmeleon! Flame thrower!"

Alter Ego
August 10th, 2005, 4:50 AM
"Whoa! You alright Emily?" Rhaine called anxiously, running over as soon as she saw her partner dissapear into the hole. To her relief the girl reappeared quickly enough, however.

Rhaine peered into the hole, noticing a Flamethrower followed by the summoning of various pokmon. Rhaine bit her lip, "If only there was something we could-Oh, I know!"
She unclipped another one of her pokballs and unleashed Lily by the edged of the pit.

"Lily, drop a Stun Spore down there." Rhaine commanded, pointing at the trapdoor.

"Tree!" the Victreebel replied grumpily, obediently unleashing a thick cloud of paralytic particles down to the rockets.

"Good." Rhaine said, nodding "You can come back now." she returned the Grass pokmon to her ball.

She turned to Emily "Let's be more careful from now on, alright? We wouldn't want to get the boys into seriously trouble, would we?"

August 10th, 2005, 7:26 AM
"Charmeleon, get back!" Takeno yelled as he seen a cloud of yellowish dust falling from the hole in the roof top ahead.
Thanks girls. He thought to himself while backing out the door and running towards Roan.

Yami's Girl
August 10th, 2005, 7:37 AM
"Nope, we wouldn't. I should be more careful." I slapped my head. "So stupid!"

I looked down the hall.

"It's wide enough for Salamance and Flare to fly through, but I'm sure there are traps off the ground..." I looked at the floor. A square shaped tear was on the floor enery few yards. I snapped my figures.

"That's it!" I looked at the wall and sure enough, square shaped cuts every few yards, just barely visable.

"Rhaine, see the squares on the floor and walls? Those are where the traps are! You can ride Angelo through here if he has Extreamespeed, I can ride Darkness, who has this move, and we'll move too fast for the traps!" I smiled at my idea.

"Sound good?"

Alter Ego
August 10th, 2005, 7:52 AM
Rhaine nodded, collecting up her other pokmon "Yeah, sure. Okay Angelo, you heard her!"

"Arcaa!" the Arcanine gently hoisted his trainer onto his back and set off across the trapped corridor, his great speed allowed him to bypass any traps and things went smoothly until...

"Shoot!" the strong wind created by their dash knocked Rhaine's hat off her head and into one of the gaping chasms left by Angelo's advance, just a few steps before they reached the other side.

"That was a perfectly good hat." Rhaine muttered, staring into the open trapdoor that had swallowed her possession as she pushed aside the stray locks of hair that had decided to celebrate their freedom by obscuring her vision.

"I'm alright!" she called to Emily. "Just need to sort this hair situation out."

Angelo shook his head The mistress would have a much easier time if she trimmed her fur properly. he thought for himself with a small sigh. Grooming was so important.

I knew I should have gotten a haircut Rhaine thought for herself, rummaging in her bag. After a few minutes she pulled out a fairly sizeable, light blue handkerchief her mother had given her. This will do, she wrapped the handkerchief around her head and secured it with a tight knot turning it into a makeshift headband.

August 10th, 2005, 7:52 AM
Looking down the dark halls I noticed a small sqeaking sound coming from a locked room. "Roan, this might be it. It might be her, get ready because if it is there will be so many ROckets in here it wont even be funny!
Marshtomp,CHarmeleon,Maganium,Eevee,and Mankey! This might be it so....." Takeno was cut off by the opening of the door and a ROcket grunt walking out.
"Get him!" Takeno spat out as fast as possible and Mankey took to the air knocking him back on the floor. I jumped down to cover his mouth and Mankey hit him in the chest to knock him out.
"She's in that room.....I seen her. We cna save her but I want this in sequeal with Roan's pokemon as well. No Full on Elemental attacks if there is a weaker element on our team in the room. Got it?" I said looking at CHarmeleon.
"Roan when ever your ready we can go!"

Yami's Girl
August 10th, 2005, 8:14 AM
I chuckled slighly and watched the traps move back to thier original places. I returned Hydro.

"I'll let you out in a minute. Now, Dark, I know you don't usually carry people, but I need to get across this floor. Just for emergincies, ok?"

Darkness sighed, but nodded. I got on his back.

"Extreamespeed!" Darkness' feet moved lightning fast and as Angelo had, we bypassed all the traps and mechinisms. As soon as we reached the other side I got of Darkness, who was panting.

I must need to go on a diet...
Hydro popped out of her ball.

"Ok, shall we move on?"

Alter Ego
August 10th, 2005, 8:24 AM
Rhaine threw Emily a mock-glare "I'll have you know that there's nothing funny about a hair crisis." she stated "And speaking of crisises, either Darkness here needs excercise or you need to loose weight." she pinched Emily's arm teasingly, as if to check for excess fat "The overweight die single." she added with a sly smirk before continuing down the hallway.

"Ar-caaan-nine" (Or maybe both) Angelo suggested, watching the little canine's panting with amusement before following his trainer.

Minerva popped out of her pokball too, how she had sensed the other Vaporeon's presence was beyond Rhaine but it didn't bother her too much and she let the water pokmon rejoin her friend once more.

Yami's Girl
August 10th, 2005, 8:41 AM
I pushed Rhaine's hand away.

"It may be both of us," I said. I pinched Rhaine's arm. "Excuse me, then for being a bit overwieght." I let go of Rhaine and patted Darkness, who's panting had ceased.

"We should train you more often," I said. Hydro and Minerva were talking once more, and I decided to move on.

"Next time, no weight jokes, mmk?" I said with a slight chuckle.

Alter Ego
August 10th, 2005, 9:20 AM
"Oh, I'm sorry." Rhaine chuckled "I just couldn't resist. Probably like you when my hat dropped of." she watched the Vaporeon's discuss something with enviable ease.

"Wonder how the boys are doing." she said absent-mindedly. Wonder if she even cares... Rhaine added in her thoughts It's so obvious that poor guy's got a crush on her, I almost feel sorry for him.

Yami's Girl
August 10th, 2005, 9:29 AM
"It's ok. I forgive you." I walked into the next room. I looked for signs of traps and stood an inch from the hallway. I waited.

Nothing happened.I ran across the room and still nothing happened.

"o...k..." Darkness bounded across behind me.

"Rhaine! No traps here! Come on!" I turned around. "Oh, ****oki mushrooms..."

A big group of Rocket Grunts stood there.

"Attack!" One called, and the whole group lunged. I released my pokemon.

"Attack them, everyone!"

Alter Ego
August 10th, 2005, 9:39 AM
With their corrseponding cries a Weezing, a Gloom, a Crobat, and an Arbok appeared ready to attack Emily and Darkness.

Rhaine bit her lip, she was used to fighting rockets but only one or two at a time. And in this ambush she didn't have Roan's Sneasel for help.

Without bothering to wait for her trainer's command Minerva rushed to the aid of her friends, knocking the Arbok back with a Water Pulse which left the pokmon conscious but soaked and confused.

An evil grin spread across Rhaine's face as she unclipped another pokball, No Golem for cover this time "Aeris! Thunderbolt!"

The Dragonair reappeared from her ball, electrocuting the Arbok and putting it out of the battle. The rockets responded, though.

"Weezing! Smokescreen!" the pokmon unleashed a cloud of choking and blinding exhaust at Rhaine, Angelo and Aeris. Forcing the girl to close her eyes and cover her face with her shirt.

"Gloom! Stun Spore!"

As the paralytic spores mingled with the smoke cloud, Rhaine's eyes began to water and she felt like she was choking as her body slowly began stiffening.

"Emily!" she wheezed as loud as she could manage, a puff of smoke and spores entering her throat "We need wind!"

August 10th, 2005, 9:46 AM
Scyther's wings whirred rapidly, allowing it and its trainer to alight on the ground with relative ease. Seeing Takeno make his way toward a room, Roan said nothing--merely remaining where he was. Then, as Takeno swiftly returned, Roan and Scyther glanced at one another and shrugged slightly.

"Roan, this might be it."

Roan turned to view the door Takeno's gaze lay upon. After allowing the trainer to finish speaking, Roan nodded, replying, "Alright. But, being that there will probably be quite a few Rockets, we should try to avoid unneccessary combat--especially in an enclosed space like that room."

Raising a Pokeball, Roan released a Pokemon. "I'll send Vulpix in to use Flash to blind the Rockets. You and your Pokemon get in there as quickly as possible and get Whitney out. Don't go back directly to the elevator shaft--that's the first place they'll look. I'll try to distract the Rockets, but some of them will probably look for Whitney. If this is like any of their other bases, it's probably quite a maze. If you can lose them in it, then you should be able to circle back and make it to the ground floor. Agreed?"

Outside the Radio Tower, Sneasel dropped down, dodging a Magmar's Flamethrower. Hissing, it sliced its claws through the air, directing an Icy Wind toward its opponent. As the Magmar countered with an Ember, Sneasel suddenly flitted behind the fire type and cast a full force Shadow Ball at its back. Magmar collapsed to the ground, fainted.

"Tch. Magmar, return." A Rocket angrily recalled his Pokemon before preparing another one. However, before he or his companions were able to release another Pokemon, Sneasel slammed them against the nearest wall with a Blizzard, freezing them to the building's side. Then, turning, the dark type sealed the only entrance in the surrounding wall of ice.

Viewing its work with satisfaction, Sneasel deemed its job complete. Thus, turning, it vanished into the Radio Tower.

August 10th, 2005, 12:55 PM
"Alright! Lets do this! Mankey, when Vulpix uses flash me and you run in the room grab Whitney and get out! Got it? Good." Looking over at Roan I nodded. It is time for some fun!

Yami's Girl
August 10th, 2005, 2:07 PM
Darkness whimpered.

"Ok...I'll... get Flare...Flare! Flap your wings at maximum strength!"

Flare nodded and coughed. She flew out of the cloud and started to beat her wings hard and fast. Slowly, the cloud of smoke and dust disappeared. I weezed a few times and then straightened my body. None of Rhaine's nor my pokemon seemed to be immobilized.

"Ha! Rocket scum it's time to meet your doom! Hydro! Get the whole group wet!"

Hydro issused a Surf attack to the Rockets.

"Dragonite! Thunder!" A yellow shock was then issused to the Rockets by Dragonite, knocking most out of the picture, and leaving others paralyzed.
I walked up to them, see as they were unable to move.

"Got somethin' for me?" I searched his clothes and found a Card Key. "Thanks, Flare; Fire Spin em' C'mon Rhaine, we can go now."

Alter Ego
August 11th, 2005, 12:08 AM
"Dam I dink my dounge is pardly padadyzed" Rhaine replied, regaining a bit of her composure. Aeris had been paralyzed too, but had elegantly slipped out of her old skin and was now eyeing her trainer nervously before rushing to support her from the left as she swayed dangerously. "I'm addight" Rhaine protested, even though her left leg quivered in partial paralysis and couldn't support her and her right arm was completely unresponsive "Why ad you looking ad me like dad?"

Aeris gave a small sigh and had a brief word with Angelo. She then promptly placed her trainer's left hand over Angelo's back, allowing the Arcanine to help the girl move after Emily.

Yami's Girl
August 11th, 2005, 7:16 AM
I took my backpack and rumaged through it.
"Poison heal...Ice heal...potions... Ah! Paralyze heal!" I stopped walking and turned.

"Here, Rhaine, i got somthin' for that." I took the Paralyze Heal and sprayed Rhaine's body with it.

"Sorry, but I can't do anything about your tongue," I said. "Do any of you pokemon need anything? I'm sure to have it."

Alter Ego
August 11th, 2005, 7:24 AM
"Danks a lod, bud I dink we'de fide." Rhaine replied, mobility slowly returning to her limbs. "Dad spday deally sdings dough." Minerva rushed over to her trainer with a concerned look on her face.

"Vapor?" she asked worriedly.

"I'm fide." Rhaine repeated, patting the Vaporeon on the head. She released her grip from Angelo, her right knee giving in a bit until she got it under control as the medicine started working properly. Rhaine's right arm still got strange spasms from time to time but it would probably not take too much time for it to recover.

"Led's go." she said to Emily, walking forward in a slightly tottering, for the leg was still a bit testy, but quite stable manner.

Yami's Girl
August 11th, 2005, 7:54 AM
I looked down at Hydro, who shrugged and joined Minerva. I sighed and started to walk beside Rhaine.

"Are you ok? You're tottering like-" I caught Rhaine just as she was about to fall backwards. "Should I put you on Flare?" We came up to an elevator.

"Or not... Up?" I pressed the button and the elevator doors opened.

Couldn't be that bad... I returned all my pokemon. "C'mon, Rhaine!"

Alter Ego
August 11th, 2005, 7:59 AM
"I'm nod toddeding!" Rhaine protested as she lost balance, but before Emily registered this she had already called an elevator down. Aeris gave a sigh, it was so like her trainer not to admit being vulnerable.

"C'mon, Rhaine!" Emily called, recalling her pokmon.

"Oh, fide." Rhaine replied, recalling her pokmon and tottering into the elevator. "Dhis is jusd fod codvediedce of coudse." she added, swaying but not loosing her balance "I could easidy dake dhe sdaids."

Yami's Girl
August 11th, 2005, 8:18 AM
I closed the door behind me and felt the elevator go down.
"I thought this was supposed to go up!" I shrugged. A few moments later the doors opened and I helped Rhaine out. A bunch of Rockets had thier backs to us. In a chair, Whitney was tied up. Takeno was at the doorway, as was Roan. A light flashed.
I know what they're doing! I quickly untied Whitney, grabbed her, Rhaine and Takeno and ran out the doorway in the Rockets confusion. As soon as the flash cleared, the Rockets figured out what we had done, and released thier pokemon.

"Time to fight!"

Alter Ego
August 11th, 2005, 8:30 AM
"Azude! Aedis! Go!" the Blastoise appeared with a loud cry and slammed its hands together, glaring treatheningly at the rockets as the slender figure of the Dragonari appeared beside him.

The nearest rocket had unleashed a Machamp which was soon accompanied by a Muk, both aimed at taking down Emily and Rhaine while the other rockets sent out a Vileplume and a Marowak to fend of Roan and Takeno. What bothered Rhaine most however, was the composed looking rocket that just stood there observing the scene without unleashing anything. But she didn't have time to worry about that at the moment.

"Azude! Hyddo Pump!" the Blastoise scratched his head in confusion at his trainer's words "Hyddo Pump!" Rhaine repeated, but to no avail. The rockets started laughing at the scene as Aeris quickly moved over to the Blastoise and explained the situation.

"Machamp! Vital Throw!" the fighting pokmon leapt into the air, slamming into Azure at full force, knocking the Blastoise to the ground and pinning him down.

"Hyddo pump!" Rhaine called for the third time and Azure finally got the message, firing out two strong jets of water from the cannons on its back that sent the Machamp crashing into a nearby wall.

"Dad's id!" Rhaine exclaimed, rockets still snickering around her. "Led's see if dis is fuddy." the girl muttered darkly "Azude! Ice Beam!"

The Blastoise fired a frigid beam from its cannon, temporarily trapping the Machamp into a block of ice against the wall. The joy was short-lived however as the fighting pokmon gathered its strength and shattered the ice into tiny, chrystaline shards, leaping back down to the floor. The battle was just starting.

Yami's Girl
August 11th, 2005, 8:44 AM
"Hydro! Rage!" The shiney Vaporeon and Tyranitar appeared, along with Salamance and Flare.

"Hydro Pump, Hydro! Flare! Use Fire Spin on Muk! Salamance! Iron Tail! Rage! Hyper Beam the Machamp!" My other pokemon used thier attacks, Hydro blocking the Machamp so Rage could hit it. Salamance and Flare were holding good against the Muk, which kept trying to poison them.

"Hydro! Move!" The vaporeon jumped out of the way and the Hyper Beam hit the Machamp, who fell, defeated.

"Everyone! Release your pokemon!" I heard a Rocket shout. Muk, Vileplume, and Marowak were joined by even more pokemon. I released Darkness and Dragonite.

This is not good.

Alter Ego
August 11th, 2005, 8:52 AM
Rhaine looked at the veritable army of hostile pokmon that now faced them, "Dhis can'd deally ged ady wodse." she said, unleashing the rest of her team.

"Now my pretties." the calm rocket said with a dangerously soft smile, unleashing two more pokmon into the fray. Rhaine's eyes widened in horror as she recognized them...Dittos.

"Transform." the rocket said simply, a malicious smirk playing across his face as the dittos asummed the shapes of Flare and Azure respectively and turned to face their opponents.

"Oday..." Rhaine stammered "I dade dhad badd."

August 11th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Edging close to the room, Roan motioned for Vulpix to follow. Then, throwing the door open with a swift kick, he called, "Vulpix, now!" The fox leaped toward the room's center, releasing a blinding flash of light that caused those in the room to stagger as they covered their eyes.

Turning away from the doorway, Roan saw Rhaine and Emily. What are they doing here? However, before he could speak, Emily had grabbed the others and prepared to battle the oncoming wave of Rockets.

"Scyther, Agility!" The trainer took ahold of his Pokemon before it used its speed to vanish.

Reappearing down a few hallways, Roan listened in silence to the sounds of battle. Sorry . . . I realize I'm supposed to be fighting alongside you now. But, there has to be an easier way to do this--some type of strategy . . . He clenched his hands. If only Sneasel were here. Sneasel could temporarily trap the Rockets with a wall of ice . . . Wait! Sneasel . . . the reason Sneasel has proven so skilled at entrapping others is by its ability to lure them into false security. If we could somehow trick the Rockets into all entering the same area, all we would need to do is collapse the ceiling to trap them. But, how could we do that? If we led them on a chase and took a wrong turn, it would all be over.

Roan turned toward Scyther. "Scyther, look for a likely area at which all the Rockets could be trapped by a collapsing of the ceiling. I'm going to return to the battle."

"Scy." Scyther nodded before vanishing.

Alright. Now, all I need to complete my plan is a Pokemon that can use electricity and one that can use Smokescreen . . . The trainer turned and started down the hall, releasing two Pokemon.

"Staryu, Rapid Spin! Cubone, Bonemerang!" Upon reaching the fray, both Pokemon released their attacks--Rapid Spin toward two Grimer, and Bonemerang at a Gloom.

Having remained at the battle, Vulpix paused in its Flamethrower to acknowledge its trainer.

Alter Ego
August 11th, 2005, 11:07 AM
OOC: Erm, not knock your RPing or anything but...you might want to take a look at what I and Yami's Girl have been writing.

August 11th, 2005, 11:22 AM
OOC: Ah, Gomen-nassai. ^-^;; I only read the last few posts with the battles--not the previous ones. ::edits::

It seems you two progressed quite far into the roleplay.

Yami's Girl
August 11th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I stared at the copy of my Charizard, dumbstruck.

"Flare! Protect!" Flare placed a sort of shield around herself to protect herself against an oncoming Flamethrower from the Ditto.

"Hydro, get Minerva! If you two attack the Ditto on both sides it might weaken!"

"Vapor!" She said and then ran off the other Vaporeon.

"Dragonite! Waterfall!" A trickle of water started to fall from the ceiling above the Ditto-Charizard. It seemed to notice and let up it's attack to move. Minerva and Hydro started to blast the Ditto-Charizard on both sides. It roared and then transformed into a Tropius to try and take care of them.

"Flare! Blast Burn now!" A wave of fire came at the Ditto-Tropius and it was hit full-force, knocking it out. The Ditto was quickly recalled by it's trainer.
"Thanks, Minerva," I said. And turned back to the battle, issuing orders to my pokemon.

August 11th, 2005, 3:46 PM
"Maganium,Charmeleon,Marshtomp! Combined attack on that Ditto! Mankey get Whitney out of here! Eevee bite the rocket!" Looking around for a good place to stand with in the battle there was no where, Looking straight ahead I see a Rocket going after Emily.
"I dont think so bub!" I yelled tacking the young Rocket. Knocking him out.
Looking away I thought of something and called my Eevee back over. "Shadow you are the best chance right now. The pokemon wont attack with out being told so take out all the Rockets, but do me a favor and take out the cocky one first." One that saying Eevee luunged at the cocky looking rocket and knocking him out with ease.
Almost over, just a few more Rockets and this is finished!

Alter Ego
August 11th, 2005, 11:47 PM
The Azure copy put up a green barrier that deflect its opponents attacks.

"No!" the Ditto rocket let out a cry of rage as one of his Ditto's was knocked out and he consequently found himself beneath the bulk of an Eevee.

"I'll show you you mangy little cur!" he hissed "Hydro Pump!"

The Azure copy blasted Shadow into the real Azure with a powerfull jet of water, earning the full attention of the Blastoise. The ditto took up a furious charge.

I know my pokmon better than he does... Rhaine thought "Azude! Sdull bash!"

The Blastoise had gotten used to his trainer's speech impediment by now and took the command, lowering his head as his would-be copy charged and knocking the wind out of the Ditto with a powerfull blow to the stomach before finishing it off with a Seismic Toss.

Meanwhile, Cubone's bonemerang came flying past, knocking out an unfortunate Arbok in the process.

Rhaine spun around and noticed Roan, where had he come from? He'd gone and vanished just now and she had assumed that he had pulled some kind of escape. Rhaine made a mental note to apologize about it later on. She turned her attention back to the battle. Aeris was darting back and forth, knocking random opponents off balance with her extremespeed attack while Angelo was having a staredown with another Arcanine until Lily chocked it from behind with her vines. The originally released Muk was lying in a smouldering heap on the floor, soon recalled by its trainer, and Minerva was at full work assisting Hydro's moves.

It all looked good, but Rhaine had the feeling that there should be a more efficient way to get about this.

August 12th, 2005, 12:14 AM
"Take down, now tackle, and body slam! Shadow this is it! Take out that last trainer! Body slam!" With a dull thud, the Rockets body hit the ground, the pokemon backed off and some returned themselves to their pokeballs.
"Thanks Shadow you did great! Ok guys we have Whitney! Now we have t oget to the top of the tower and beat these punks holding the tower after that gaining control over this city will be a peace of cake!" Takeno said with confidence, there is no way we can lose, and I bet I can get a chance with Emily when this is all over!

August 12th, 2005, 8:49 AM
Roan nodded before giving a low whistle. Instantly, Scyther materialized at his side. As Cubone caught its bone club, it glanced up at its trainer. "I guess we'll be moving on now," Roan said, raising three Pokeballs. "Cubone, Vulpix, Staryu, return." The three Pokemon vanished.

Turning toward Randall and motioning toward the elevators, Roan questioned, "Seeing as the elevators seem to be malfunctioning and somewhat damaged, how do you propose we reach the Radio Tower's top? The only manner of exiting the basement is through the elevators."

Yami's Girl
August 12th, 2005, 8:57 AM
Flare shot out another Flamethrower at an unfortunate Ivysaur.
It seemed as if no pokemon were left.

This is over already?! I thought. I returned my pokemon, all except for Flare and Hydro. I walked over to Takeno.

"Nice strategy," I said. I patted Shadow. "You were great!" Shadow smiled and licked my hand. Hydro came over and poked Shadow and they engaged in a play fight. I chuckled.
I looked up and Takeno and he seemed to have a troubled look on his face.

I wonder what the problem is.

Alter Ego
August 12th, 2005, 8:57 AM
OOC: Oops, corrections under way.

Guess that's the last of them... Rhaine thought, watching Angelo deal out an excessively painful KO to a Primeape, scorching it with a Fireblast from point blank range.

The girl turend and watched Takeno and Emily with an interested kind of expression as she recalled Lily and Azure. "I dhink he's finally going to fess' up." she whispered to Aeris as she watched the two, only to notice that Roan had been within hearing range. Rhaine blushed a bit, "You didn't head dhad." she muttered, hoping to cover up her little indiscretion.

August 12th, 2005, 9:09 AM
Roan allowed himself a brief, dry smile before turning away from Rhaine. He said nothing, merely motioning toward Scyther as he approached the elevator shafts to inspect them. With the elevators down here, it wouldn't be possible to access the shafts unless . . . He entered the elevator and tested the door that led to the structure's roof. It did not move--not in the manner of something locked, but something completely welded into place. The trainer then glanced toward the sparking buttons. And, I have my doubts about those. So, unless we were to actually destroy the elevator's roof, we would have to find another way out of here.

Alter Ego
August 12th, 2005, 9:14 AM
Despite the obvious interest she had in the unfolding scene, Rhaine walked over to Roan, who was apparently studying the elevator, and tapped him on the shoulder. "Somedhing dhe matter?" she asked, the paralysis finally beginning to leave her tongue.

"Air?" Aeris joined in, tilting her head.

"If it's about getting out, I know a way." She added, still feeling slightly guilty about her misconceptions of the boy and willing to make up for it.

August 12th, 2005, 9:34 AM
Roan shrugged slightly, saying, "It appears we are somewhat trapped down here, though I am willing to listen to any suggestions you might have." The trainer's emerald eyes briefly shifted toward Scyther. The bug type nodded. "Scyther and I will also help if necessary."

Alter Ego
August 12th, 2005, 9:42 AM
"Oh that's easy..." Rhaine replied, smiling at the thought that she actually had an answer for once. "There's another elevator back there." she gestured towards the room where Whitney had been held. "That's the way I came from so it should be working. And if it isn't, I can always have Lily throw up a couple of vines to climb on. But Emily has the key to that elevator so, let's just wait for a bit, alright? And speaking of suggestions..." she added "It would make your life a lot easier if you let others help instead of slipping away from them."

August 12th, 2005, 9:52 AM
"Emily....I want you to know that we will...." Takeno paused..."That I will help you through anything...Well I will help everyone but...Oh nevermind......"Takeno couldn't bring himself to tell him how he felt....Walking out into the hallway and seeing Rhaine and Roan talk he thought, They can stand there and tlak but I can't bring myself to tell the one I really like that I like her....What is wrong with me.. I shouldn't have come here.... ..I should have just forgotten what Elm said and never walked into that lab...I would have never met her and this wouldn't be like this.... Walking over to the elevator..."Mankey, tear a hole in the top of the elevator!" With Mankey pounding the roof Takeno noticed that when Mankey sets his mind on something he could do it...maybe I could do that...set my mind on telling her....I am so worthless....

August 12th, 2005, 9:54 AM
"Eh?" Roan tilted his head, pausing. ". . . Oh, are you referring to the battle?" He and Scyther glanced at one another as a slightly nervous expression passed over the trainer's features. "Sorry about that. That battle caught me a bit by surprise, so I thought formulating a plan of attack would be better than attacking recklessly. It was probably wrong of me to leave all of you, though--especially without saying where I was going."

The male briefly glanced at Takeno and Emily. Although we're in the middle of a mission . . . perhaps it's better that things are cleared between the team members before continuing.

Alter Ego
August 12th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Rhaine shook her head. "I don't mean the battle, I meant-" she paused in mid-sentence, exasperated at the boy's failure to understand "Well alright, maybe a bit about the battle too...but I meant socially. You're always heading out for yourself or brooding in some corner, never talking with anybody unless you're directly confronted. And even then you try to avoid it to the best of your ability. Why?"

Meanwhile, Aeris had turned to watch Takeno's attempt at speech and consequent retreat to an elevator. Deciding that her trainer was on a roll and didn't really need her help, she went over to Takeno instead.

"Air?" the Dragonair asked gently, nudging the boy. "Drago?"

August 12th, 2005, 10:10 AM
For a long moment, Roan was silent. Then, shrugging, he replied, "Through all my years of training, I've learned that the best way to survive is to look out for yourself. I trust my Pokemon . . . " He turned, lightly stroking the top of his Scyther's head. "But, from my experiences, people have a tendency to let you down. It's not that I'm bitter, but if I never expect anything from people, I'll never be disappointed." The trainer's jade eyes shifted toward Rhaine before turning away. "I apologize if I sounded harsh," he murmured.

Alter Ego
August 12th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Rhaine shrugged, while Roan did seem to have a point something inside Rhaine told her that there was a base-flaw in his philosophy, one that was just beyond her perception.

"Maybe..." she said slowly "But to apply your philosophy on a broader scale: Living your life without goals would certainly reduce the amount of failures, no? But you would be removing the meaning of your existence at the same time." she took a deep breath, she hadn't really expected the conversation to turn into a philosophical debate "Life, it seems to me, is a balance between freedom and safety. The more you add to one, the more you loose of the other. And with all due respect I think you're leaning a bit too far onto the safety side of things. Sorry if this sounds rude..." she concluded "But I just get the feeling that you're missing out on things."

Rhaine descended into an awkward silence. Why had she even brought this up? If this was the way Roan liked to live his life, who was she to argue? The girl bit her lip and awaited a response.

August 12th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Roan laughed slightly, though it lacked humor entirely. "Perhaps you are correct . . . Though some freedoms must be traded to earn others." The trainer cast his gaze toward one side as he continued, "But, I see no reason to argue with you. What you say is true." Roan's green eyes suddenly shifted, staring directly toward Rhaine. "If I may ask, do you think it is worth it? Those freedoms gained by socializing with others and depending on them . . . Is it worth the pain and disappointment?"

Alter Ego
August 12th, 2005, 10:54 AM
OOC: 500th post! Huzzah!

"Yes." Rhaine replied without even a hint of doubt in her voice "I've seen what becomes of those who don't. My mother thought like that...don't let anyone close and you won't be hurt. She is the most bittered and miserable person I know." she looked Roan straight into the eyes "I don't want you to become like that." she continued, a bit surprised by her own choice of words and the unwavering tone in which she uttered them, "I don't want anyone to."

August 12th, 2005, 11:12 AM
[OOC: Congratulations.]

Roan said nothing. Though he felt satisfied with his lifestyle, his was unwilling to be completely close-minded to what a trainer he respected said. Finally, he spoke. "I'm going to wait by the elevator." The trainer placed a hand on Scyther. The mantis Pokemon turned before using Agility, causing both itself and its trainer to vanish.

Reappearing beside the elevator in the other room, Roan leaned his back against a wall as he stared silently at the ground. I thought I was alright living the way I was . . . And I thought I knew where I was going in life. But, then again, what do I know after all?

[OOC: Until the others reply, this will be my last post. I do not want to roleplay too far without them. ^-^;;]

Alter Ego
August 12th, 2005, 11:23 AM
OOC: Fine by me. ^_^ After all, I wouldn't want to wind up with the reputation of a threadjacker anyway.

Rhaine nodded and watched Roan leave with his Scyther, unsure of what the boy had come to think of her and her ideas in the end. She didn't see the need to follow and ask him at the moment though, something about the way she had spoken about herself was odd. Rhaine wasn't one to speak of her family problems with others than close friends, and Roan certainly hadn't implied that he deigned to occupy the same general area for any other reason than the mission. And this far Rhaine had been fine with that. So why push it? And why had she gone an blurted that out? Safety and freedom... She mused for herself without even fully knowing why, but it sounded good Safety and freedom....

August 12th, 2005, 11:44 AM
"I am ok." Takeno said rubbing Dragoniar's head. "I am just thinking about things I could have done and should have done...Maybe I should talk to her..No, not now at least...later. Keep at it Mankey!"

Alter Ego
August 13th, 2005, 5:52 AM
"Nair!" Aeris cried out, shaking her head and giving off the distinct impression that this wasn't over as she went back to her trainer to ask her help.

"Drago!" she said, nudging Rhaine in the ribs as she explained her case "Nair! Draago-nair!"

Rhaine looked up from her thoughts for a moment "Hmm? What's that Aeris?" she gave the Dragonair an inqusitive look.

"Naaair!" Aeris exclaimed, pointing towards Takeno and Emily standing in their respective corners. "Dragonair!"

The girl suddenly recalled what had been going on and looked at each one of them in turn before returning her gaze back to Aeris "Do you mean to tell me..." she said slowly, "That he choked at the last minute and just walked away?"

"Air!" the Dragonair replied with a nod.

Great... Rhaine thought for herself, Just great. If he keeps that up they'll never get anywhere, and it'll probably end up with neither one of them talking with the other. I've got to do some damage control. But how? If I go and talk Takeno into it, Emily will get mad at me for 'pushing it on' her. And the same will happen if I try to find out Emily's feelings on this matter. she gave a sigh and ruffled Angelo's fur a bit. Maybe it was best to just wait for now and see if things would work themselves out.

August 13th, 2005, 11:38 AM
I wonder what's taking the others so long . . . It's not as though we can afford to wait much longer before moving on. But, we neither can we afford to have any unresolved issues between Takeno and Emily. Roan paused, turning to view Scyther who stood at his side. They're not the only ones with unresolved issues, though . . . The trainer straightened, shaking his head slightly to dispell any confused thoughts. I'll deal with that later. The current task is freeing GoldenRod. And, whether it pleases me or otherwise, a team has been assigned to complete the task--a team I am meant to work with.

The trainer glanced about as a thought occured to him. On the note of teams, I wonder where Sneasel is. It's not like him to take this long . . . Motioning toward Scyther, Roan made his way to the room's entrance and glanced about.

Alter Ego
August 13th, 2005, 2:20 PM
OOC: Yami's Girl. I'd say it would be a good time for you to post right about now...

August 13th, 2005, 11:34 PM
...I can't be thinking about this....not know....not after all we have done...I can mess it up now...I will wait until we free Golden Rod then I will tell her....till then I have to keep in control..
Walking up to Roan I asked him, "What is taking Sneasel so long?"

August 15th, 2005, 10:30 AM
"I'm not sure . . . usually he'd be back by now." Roan turned thoughtfully toward the elevators. "I suppose it's possible that Sneasel was blocked from entering the basement by the elevators already down here. If that's the reason--and he didn't break through the elevator roof with his ice--then it's most likely he's waiting on the ground floor." The trainer's jade eyes narrowed slightly. I hope Sneasel didn't run into any more trouble . . .

Alter Ego
August 15th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Rhaine had been following the discussion from a discreet distance, not wanting to bother Emily at the moment, and she didn't fail to spot Roan's eyes narrowing. We shouldn't have left him to fend off those rockets alone. she thought guiltily for herself, walking over to the two others. "Do you think Sneasel's alright?" Rhaine asked Roan in a slightly worried tone, even though it wasn't even one of her own whose health was in danger. There's another one for my list of confused feelings I guess... Rhaine thought as she awaited the boy's response.

August 15th, 2005, 11:06 AM
"Sneasel's fought alone before--normally he prefers it so he can release his full power. Nothing like this has happened before, though. Sneasel can probably take care of himself, but . . . " After a pause, Roan removed two Pokeballs from his side and released the Pokemon within.

"Cubone, Staryu, pry open a part of the elevator shaft and search for Sneasel." The two Pokemon nodded before turning toward the elevator beside the one Mankey was at. Casting its bone club at the top of the elevator doors' edge, the ground type lodged the bone firmly between the elevator and the doorway. Springing upward, Cubone then pried the bone from its position. Following this, Staryu shrank using Minimize, placed itself in the small open space, then returned to its normal size. Slightly enlargening the gap, Staryu helped Cubone wriggle through the small space, used Minimize, and perched on Cubone's skull helmet as the pair vanished into the shaft.

I want to trust Sneasel, but I also trust my other Pokemon. And, it's my job as a trainer to look after them.

Alter Ego
August 15th, 2005, 11:21 AM
OOC: General announcement on my part folks. School starts for me tommorrow and posting during weekdays will be reduced...probably a lot.

Rhaine watched Roan's expression as the boy spoke, it was evident that he cared for his pokmon, both those present and the one lost. But to leave Sneasel out to fight...all on his own. Rhaine would never have dared to do that for one of hers. It wasn't that she didn't trust them...but she couldn't possibly stand the thought that any of them, even Angelo or Azure with their impressive strength, might end up in trouble when she wasn't looking after them. She suddenly came to think of something. Throwing a nervous glance at Takeno and noticing that his eyes had a distant look to them she decided to go ahead and speak up.

"Roan..." she said quietly "I think...I owe you an apology."

August 15th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Roan turned his gaze away from the elevator toward Rhaine. Though his features seemed calm, the expression in his eyes was somewhat confused. "Apologize?" he echoed. "What for?"

In the elevator shaft, Cubone clung to the metallic walls, moving from pawhold to pawhold. Remaining minimized, Staryu rested on the ground Pokemon's skull as it waited patiently for them to reach their destination.

August 15th, 2005, 12:55 PM
OCC: I start school on wednsday so my posting will shorten...but very little

IC: "Well these two are have thier conversation so.." I said walking over to the elevator.
"Charmeleon, use flame thrower to blast the top of the elevator..Just to melt it so we can see to the top...Thats all." Charmeleon looked at me in a annoyed way...Char...he said and shot a hot flame aty the roof.

Alter Ego
August 16th, 2005, 1:02 AM
"I'm afraid I've misjudged you..." Rhaine said, staring at her feet "You see, from the way that you commanded your pokmon, especially leaving Sneasel behind, I thought you considered them servants. Tools. But I see that's not the case." she slowly lifted her eyes to meet Roan's "They worry you have for Sneasel, even though you try not to show it. And the way you look after your pokmon. You trust them. Probably even more than I do mine...I'm sorry."

Yami's Girl
August 16th, 2005, 8:34 AM
::I'm really sorry for not posting everyone. I was out of town for a soccer Tornament. Sorry again.::

I stood rooted to the ground for awhile, trying to figure out what Takeno wanted to tell me. After a few more moments I sighed and walked up to the boy.

"IS there anything you want to tell me, Takeno? Anything at all?" I noticed his Charmeleon trying to break through the elevator.

"Hydro, cool down the spot where, Charmeleon, is using his fire." The water pokemon did as it was told. "Now, Rage, punch the weak spot." Rage did his work. Now there was a hole in the roof of the elevator. I smiled at Takeno.

I hope he's ok...

Alter Ego
August 16th, 2005, 8:45 AM
As Emily walked over to Takeno, Aeris was suddenly on the alert. Quickly making her way over to the two. She had a distinct feeling that Takeno needed a nudge, no make that a shove, in the right direction and that if Rhaine wasn't present to perform it she would have to.

"Nair!" the Dragonair explained to Emily, pointing to Takeno now and then "Draago-naair-air!". She stopped at Emily's nonplused expression, remembering that only her trainer could make sense of what she said. But, Aeris thought, there had to be some way to get the message through. Then she had an idea.

"Nair!" she called, turning her head diagonally upwards and lifting her tail up at the same time. With a good bit of stretching she managed to bend her body into the classical heart shape, maintaining the position for a few minutes before relaxing again. "Dragonair" she stated seriously, eyeing the both of them. Confident that there was no way for Takeno to weasel out from explaining this time. It would be happily ever after...just like in the stories Rhaine used to read to her when Aeris was feeling small and afraid.

August 16th, 2005, 10:14 AM
After a pause, Roan smiled slightly at Rhaine. "It's alright. There's nothing to forgive . . . " Turning toward Scyther, a faint sadness entered Roan's smile. "Most people seem to think that about me and my Pokemon. And, I don't blame them for not understanding." Laughing slightly as his emerald gaze returned to the female trainer, Roan added, "You're already a step above most in your thinking, so don't worry about it."

August 16th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Get out of here Dragonair! Takeno thought...Oh well it is time to tell her anyway... "Emily, since I met you I have liked you....Alot...And I was to embarassed to tell you....I know that you probably dont like me and that is alright but its not alright for me not to tell you how I feel."

Alter Ego
August 17th, 2005, 5:25 AM
Rhaine felt a rush of relief in hearing that Roan hadn't taken offence and found to her surprise that the boy was showing something of a smile for the first time since she'd met him. Rhaine couldn't resist a measure of anger when she noticed that smile being tinged by sadness as he spoke of 'most people'.

"Thank you." Rhaine replied, smiling a bit. "But I should still know better than to judge someone like that. Especially since I've seen my share of common ignorance as well. Mostly people calling me a lot of names like 'Bleedingheart' just because I'm so fussy about the health and safety of my pokmon and because I don't believe in unnecessary violence when fighting. And of course there was my mother calling me 'Bloodtraitor' the moment she heard that I was going to travel." a bitter expression passed briefly over her face as she remembered these occasions but she shrugged it of, "Doesn't it ever bother you, Roan?" Rhaine asked turning her mind back to the adressed "I mean, knowing that people have an entirely faulty picture of who and what you are?"

Aeris beamed happily as Takeno spoke. It wasn't really as eloquent as in the stories but the basics were the same. The Dragonair turned to Emily, awaiting the girl's reply. Meanwhile Minerva, who was feeling left out as the others attended to their own bussiness, rolled her eyes at Aeris' efforts. The Dragonair could be a completely silly romantic at times. But Minerva knew better than to take it for granted that confessing guaranteed mutual affection. She watched the situation with interest nonetheless.

Yami's Girl
August 17th, 2005, 6:01 AM
I was silent for a moment.

Is this true? No one ever really loved me before... I patted Takeno.

"It's ok to express your feelings, to be honest, I could never bring myself to say I had a crush on you..." I smiled at Aeris, who was looking at me now in a sort of shocked matter.

"Just don't make a big thing out of it for the others, or they might tease us." I looked over at Rhaine and Roan and chuckled slighly. I took Takeno's hand in mine.

"Shall we go over?"

Alter Ego
August 17th, 2005, 6:41 AM
Aeris tilted her head slightly, not quite sure what to make of the situation. But seeing that the two were holding hands, the Dragonair decided that it was more of a happily ever after and grinned broadly.

"Nair!" she cried out. Caught it the moment, the Dragonair took Minerva into a hug.

"Eoon..." the Vaporeon replied, squirming out of Aeris' veritable deathgrip with a slight look of indignation on her face. But she couldn't maintain it in the face of the Dragonair's joyfull expression and gave a grumpy half-smile before walking over to Hydro and trying to find out her opinion on the matter.

August 17th, 2005, 8:59 AM
"Bother me?" Roan echoed. "I'm not sure . . . I suppose it bothers me a bit." He paused, turning his jade eyes upward thoughtfully as he shrugged. "But, as long as I know who I am, and know that who I am is right, it doesn't really matter." Returning his gaze to Rhaine, Roan motioned toward Scyther, adding, "With my Pokemon to keep me in line, I can do without the public's general opinion."

The male's tone changed slightly as he asked, "What about you? It seems you have received quite a share of misjudgement. Does it bother you?" Roan briefly glanced toward Emily and Takeno who seemed to be completing their conversation.

Alter Ego
August 17th, 2005, 9:11 AM
"Well..." Rhaine replied "It depends on the source and the cause. I look out for my loved ones and try my best not to hurt anyone without reason, and if that makes me a bleedingheart in some stranger's eyes then I can live with it. I am what I am and see no reason to hide it from anyone, nor to bother with the opinions of someone who doesn't know me. But when it's someone I care about, someone who I thought knew me..." she trailed of for a moment, sadness etching into her expression as she swallowed what felt like a lump in her throat "Then it hurts..." she replied a bit more quietly, keeping her voice as steady as she could manage. He's finally beginning to have some respect for me... she thought, gritting her teeth, I'm not going to ruin that by whimpering like some pathetic crybaby. With effort, Rhaine calmed herself and returned her expression back to neutral before continuing "But I've got my exteneded family." she said, her voice regaining a measure of calmness as she gestured towards the quintet of pokballs at her waist "They comfort me when I'm feeling down."

August 17th, 2005, 9:52 AM
Roan was silent for a moment, merely observing Rhaine's expression. Finally, he nodded, saying, "Sometimes life can be hard. But, that lets trainers be that much more thankful for their Pokemon." He placed a hand atop Scyther's head, lightly stroking it as the usually-savage bug type crooned softly.

Alter Ego
August 17th, 2005, 9:56 AM
"I agree." Rhaine replied, in partial awe over how cute a giant mantis could look. To her dismay she noticed that there was a definite lack of anything patable in her general vicinity, except for the Scyther who would probably chop her hand of, so she decided to keep talking. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you become a trainer?" Rhaine asked, despite some of the hard subjects discussed, she was rather enjoying the conversation and didn't really want to end it just yet.

August 17th, 2005, 2:19 PM
Blushing slightly as Emily made the jesture of grabbing his hand. But looking at Emily thinking. She likes me, she likes me back.. This has never happened...No one i have ever liked has ever liked me back... We walked with her over to Roan and Rhaine.

Yami's Girl
August 18th, 2005, 6:25 AM
As Takeno and I neared the other two I let go of his hand.

"Play it safe ya know?" I smiled warmly. Hydro walked over and jumped on me. I staggered from her weight. She had a smug look on her face.

"Vapor-eoon!" She said and laughed slighly.

"Ok, I lied to you! Gimme a break!" I pushed the Vaporeon off and continued over to Rhaine and Roan.

I just hope they don't figure this out...

August 18th, 2005, 8:21 AM
"Well . . . I suppose I became a trainer after my father left. That is, he was a trainer himself. And, when my family moved to a new region, he decided to go on another journey to collect the badges in the area and to participate in the league." Roan shrugged slightly.

"Though my father obviously planned on returning, I felt as though he had abandoned my mother and me. I told myself I would never become a trainer and ran away. After finding myself lost and starving, I met Scyther. First afraid, I was surprised when he helped me." After a thoughtful pause, the male finished, "It was about then that I realized my love for Pokemon and my desire to be a trainer."

Roan fell silent as his gaze shifted toward Takeno and Emily. As the two trainers approached, Roan asked simply, "Are you ready to go?"

Alter Ego
August 18th, 2005, 8:32 AM
Rhaine nodded in response, Roan's story was hauntingly familiar to her own. She was just about to say this as Takeno and Emily approached, soon followed by Minerva and Aeris, the latter happily curling around her trainer's leg with an excited "Nair!".

Rhaine chuckled, stroking the Dragonair's head affectionately "What are you getting so excited about all of a sudden?" she asked, smiling.

Aeris' explanation was halted at the start by a strict look from Minerva, and the dragon pokmon hurriedly changed her explanation.

"Nair-dragonair!" she explained, emphasizing her story with active body language.

"Oh, so no particular reason then?" Rhaine replied, knowing full well that Aeris was hiding something and was just dying to tell it. A glance towards Emily and Takeno provided a fairly reliable answer, seeing how close they were to each other even though they weren't actually holding hands. She smiled inwardly but acted like she hadn't noticed, deciding that it was better to let her friend believe it for a moment.

"Yeah." Rhaine said in a completely ordinary voice "We've still got rockets to hunt down. Any particular plan?"

They make such a cute couple... she thought for herself without giving any outward indication of it.

August 18th, 2005, 1:52 PM
"Yeah follow me!" Takeno said as he walked toward the elavator. "I new that most likely that the elevator had a ladder behind it and I was right. We can cut the rope of the elevator so it can not be used..Then climb the ladder to the top without ever being noticed. We can stop to see if Sneasel is there to!"

Alter Ego
August 19th, 2005, 9:20 AM
"What's with the sabotaging urge?" Rhaine asked, tilting her head. "If you don't want to go by the elevator, fine. People are still going to use this building once all of this is over you know, I don't think we should just break stuff apart for the sake of it. Come to think of it..." she said thoughtfully "Why don't we send this elevator up unmanned and take the ladder on the other side of the building? They'd probably go to investigate which could give us the element of surprise." she paused, wondering what the others would think of her plan. "Besides." Rhaine added as an afterthought "I'm sure Sneasel's been in the bussiness long enough to recognize a decoy when he sees it. He might take advantage of it even if we can't."

August 19th, 2005, 9:40 AM
"Using a decoy sounds reasonable," Roan commented thoughtfully. "As to cutting the rope, my first thought was also not to do it. But, then, what if we were climbing the ladder while someone called the elevator?" He shrugged. "It was a thought."

Turning to inspect the elevator, the trainer added, "Whatever plan we decide on, we should stick to it. One thing to remember, though, is that the Rockets have us greatly outnumbered, and right now they control the area. We can't waste any unneccessary effort. Once we isolate the source, then we can strike hard and fast." Shifting his gaze back toward the others, Roan finished, "As for Sneasel and the others, they're capable of fighting on their own. They'll find us once they're ready, and be there when we need them."

August 20th, 2005, 12:30 PM
"Alright we can use it as a decoy. But If anything happens and we can't break the line of Rockets it become every man or woman for them selves, got it? I dont want any deaths or kidnapping. I want everone safe. I will go up with the other elevator while you take the other. I will keep them distracted while you cna take out the main sorce got it?"

Alter Ego
August 20th, 2005, 12:33 PM
OOC: Has Whitney, the recently rescued, become an object incapable of social interaction? It is a sad by-product of the modern times it is, when a boy does not have a word to say to his sister... (Excuse my wording, on a dare and all that. But seriously, I think she should have something to say.)

August 20th, 2005, 12:40 PM
OCC: I will take control of here for a while but I am to busy now I will post back later.

Alter Ego
August 20th, 2005, 12:44 PM
OOC: As you wish. Young people these days...always in a rush somewhere.

Rhaine frowned, it seemed like the old Takeno she didn't like was surfacing again. "I fail to see your point." she said coldly "If you don't want anyone, particularly innocent bystanders, to get hurt then every man and woman for him- or herself is definitely not the best approach. But don't worry, I and my team will do our best. And we will stay around and help others, even if things do backfire. Fair warning everyone."

August 20th, 2005, 3:08 PM
Roan paused, appearing dissatisfied with the arrangements. However, he felt it was an improper time at which to argue and agreed to the plan, saying, "Alright. But, the timing on this needs to be perfect. When we're far enough up the elevator shaft, I'll send Scyther to alert you to go up in the elevator." The trainer fell silent, awaiting Takeno to select which elevator he would take.

August 20th, 2005, 3:26 PM
"Whatever, I am taking this one. You can go down there and I will stop the Rockets. By the way, the reason I say every man or woman for themselves is because if some take on the Rockets we will see who the wimps are by running. I will be fighting of corse. I always go down swinging. I won't run from this. I said that so those who think thier lives are worth living in regret of they could have saved a city then run, other wise stand and fight! Lets go I dont have time for this. I want to do this as fast as possible so get to your elevator and I wil go first so I can get the Rockets attention.
No scram!"
They don't understand that I want them to be safe. Not that I am gonna run. I think Emily might understand but....oh never mind!
"Bro," Whitney spoke at last. "What can I do?" "Go with them, I will be fighting and I dont want you in the way." "I am a gym leadr if you forgot. i can fight to!" "I SAID GO WITH THEM!" Takeno yelled. I don't want you getting hurt little sister.

Alter Ego
August 22nd, 2005, 1:02 PM
"Fine, I'm going." Rhaine snapped "But it really wouldn't hurt you to be polite and open about your feelings rather than trying to play these ridiculous little mind-games with us." she sharply turned on her heel and stormed off after Roan, closely followed by Minerva who shot the boy a dirty look as they left, which in turn confused Aeris a bit. This was definitely not how the stories went.

"What's his problem anyway?" Rhaine fumed to no-one in particular as she caught up with Roan, although she made sure that Takeno was out of hearing range, "Just when I thought he was okay he does his best to act like a completely arrogant jack-"

"Nair!" Aeris cried out in shock, covering her trainer's mouth in the middle of the word to keep her from swearing.

"Oh, I'm sorry Aeris." Rhaine said, shaking her head as she listened to the boy entering an argument with his sister. Why was he so intent on getting into fights with everyone? Rhaine turned over to Roan, At least there's one polite guy in this place. she thought.

"Let's just get this over with." Rhaine said, waiting for the boy to take charge in his usual bussiness-like way "Before he throws another hissy fit and starts shouting at us again."

Yami's Girl
August 22nd, 2005, 7:56 PM
::Quick announcment. School starts Aug. 24, and I might not be able to post during the weekdays. And I was gone at a wedding if you were wondering the cause of my absense.::

I took Takeno's hand.

"You're so stubborn," I said with a slight smirk. I slapped his hand and promptly ran off with the others, leaving Takeno staring wide-eyed. Hydro came up beside me, as did Darkness.

"Come off it you two. He's my boy-" Hydro cut in with a painful nip. "Oh. be quiet! Hydro giggled in her own little way and walked over to Minerva to spill the beans.

I sighed. "Well, might as well get this over with."

August 22nd, 2005, 9:29 PM
Roan's eyes narrowed slightly. However, he gave no other indication of displeasure--rather turning and starting away. Glancing about his surroundings as he walked, he shifted his gaze toward the other trainers as they spoke. A faint amusement passed fleetingly through his eyes as he said, "Being that you both seem rather eager to complete the mission . . . " He snapped his fingers. Scyther vanished before reappearing a few seconds later. The bug type indicated a side hall with its blade.

". . . According to Scyther, there should be another elevator relatively close to our current position."

After turning down several halls and avoiding a teleportation square, an elevator came into view.

"I suppose that's what we're looking for . . . " Roan murmured, moving toward it. "Scyther, please remove the elevator roof and slice the ropes--an insurance against any nasty accidents." Scyther nodded before vanishing.

Alter Ego
August 23rd, 2005, 8:25 AM
Rhaine gave an indiscernably small grin at Roan's statement, beginnig to feel slightly sheepish about her previous reaction, seeing as how well the others were handling it. Deep down Takeno is just an insecure kid, really. the girl mused as she skipped by a teleportation square on the way He probably means well but just has problems expressing it. I shouldn't be so hard on him...

Minerva had resumed chatting with Hydro, the two of them snickering now and then at some inside jokes of their own, while Aeris was looking like she would simply burst if she had to contain her 'secret' much longer.

"Anything I could do to help?" Rhaine asked as Roan's Scyther went of to do its job. She didn't particularly relish the idea of having to wait without doing anything.

August 25th, 2005, 2:36 PM
What is taking them so long? They should be there already! HURRY UP! Mankey, walked up behind me and hit me in the back. "Whats your problem!?" Mank mankey!
I know we shouldn't had left the by themselves but we can handle this! Any way....."
Takeno was cut off by a tunder stiking both him and Mankey unconcous. The last thing he saw was a Amphros and a Rocket Ex.

August 25th, 2005, 9:06 PM
After a pause, Roan nodded as his Scyther crashed against and removed the elevator's top door. "Check the ladder in the shaft to verify its security and stability," he replied to Rhaine. Turning, the trainer viewed his Scyther as its blades swiftly sliced through the elevator ropes.

Suddenly, Roan stiffened. Though too far away to hear or see Takeno being struck by the electric attack, an odd sensation passed through him as he glanced back toward the other trainer.

Alter Ego
August 26th, 2005, 12:50 AM
"Alright." Rhaine replied with a nod, proceeding to do just that. But before the girl could get that far Aeris gave out a loud cry:

"Nair!" the Dragonair exclaimed, whipping her tail back and forth in queue with her frantical explanations "Dragoonair!" she pointed back towards the corridor they had just come from.

Turning around, Rhaine noticed that Roan was also looking in that direction thoughtfully.

"Roan...do you think we should go back and check on Takeno?"

She adressed this question to the group in general. Aeris usually acted this way only when there was a large storm brewing, the electrical discharges agitated her finely tuned weather senses, but there couldn't be a thunderstorm indoors, could there? Unless...

"I think he's in trouble..."

"Nair!" the Dragonair concured vigorously.

August 26th, 2005, 12:33 PM
"Uhhh...Uhhh. Where am I?" Takeno said lifting his head. He was tied to a chair. "What the heck? Hey! Hey you! What is going on?" The Rockets Ex. starting laughing...."I think you plan is busted."

August 26th, 2005, 5:20 PM
Casting his glance back to Scyther before turning it to Rhaine and Emily, Roan felt himself hesitate. However, after briefly shifting his gaze toward the agitated Dragonair, the trainer nodded. "If the decoy has been discovered, the plan is useless. Let's go." Motioning toward Scyther, Roan started toward Takeno's previous position. Whatever has happened, we'll need to be careful. If Takeno has been discovered, we could easily be entering a trap.

On the first floor of the Radio Tower, Cubone twirled its bone as it glanced warily about. However, being unable to find Sneasel, it prepared to return to the elevator shaft to search another floor. But, as it turned, the minimized Staryu resting on its helmet motioned toward a window. The ground type cautiously approached the window and climbed onto the counter beside it. Cubone's eyes narrowed at the sight it saw. Swiftly turning, the Pokemon sprang down from the counter and started away.

August 29th, 2005, 6:41 PM
"What do you want me to struggle? Ha! Good luck with that one!"
"Shut up you fool! You got caught, face it! You can't do anything!" Said the Rocket.
Beep beep beep, his scanner sounded. "Get out here now, we have some fiesty people out here wanting to play!" The Rocket Ex. walked out of the room.
If I can just get to my pokeballs I can get away.

Alter Ego
September 5th, 2005, 8:57 AM
"Hey, wait up!" Rhaine called as loudly as she dared, not wanting to alert potential rockets after all, as she set of after Roan. Aeris took of at a surprisingly fast pace for a pokmon without legs, soon followed by Minerva who never could resist getting competitional when running was involved. The girl reached for a third pokball.

"Go Angelo!"

The canine pokmon appeared with an affirmative bark, quickly accelerating into a run as he awaited orders.

"Angelo" Rhaine said in a serious tone "I need you to find Takeno and bring him to me. And don't let any rockets see you unless it's necessary, understood?"

"Caa!" the canine pokmon replied with a brisk nod, heading of towards the last place he had seen the boy in order to get his scent. His trainer picked up the pace as well, noticing that she had fallen a bit behind already.

Suddenly, Rhaine stubbed her foot on something lying on the floor, tripping over, her right hip slamming down hard on the cold floor beneath.

The others were apparently preoccupied with the current situation and didn't seem to notice that the girl had been left behind since as Rhaine got back up on her feet, massaging the aching spots on her body she suddenly realized that the others were nowhere in sight and that she was, in fact, a good bit lost.

Did I take a wrong turn? she wondered, not daring to shout in case it would give away her friends' presence. The girl instinctively reached for the closest pokball she had, feeling very vulnerable where she was; Lost and with only Azure and Lily for protection.

The girl peered around her surroundings to no avail, this corridor looked exactly the same as every other corridor in the darn place.

Rhaine stamped her foot in irritation, "Now what?" she asked out loud, although still quietly, finally deciding to try out the nearest door, just in case she might run into familiar territory.

September 5th, 2005, 9:49 AM
[OOC: In this post, I am assuming Emily followed Roan. If that assumption was incorrect, I will edit.]

Arriving at the area Takeno had last been seen, Roan discovered that Angelo was already present. Pausing, the trainer glanced about. Though several of her Pokemon were present, Rhaine seemed to be absent. Suddenly, the trainer felt a force land on his shoulder. Swiftly shifting his green eyes, Roan saw Cubone perching on his shoulder as it released a stream of information.

"Cubone, Cu! Bone, Cu Cubone, bone!"

"Slow down, Cubone. What did you see?" Roan asked levelly.

"Cubone . . . Cu, Cu Cubone-bone, Cubone."

"I see . . . " Roan said slowly before glancing toward Arcanine. Returning his gaze to Cubone, the trainer raised two Pokeballs. "Good work." Without another word, he recalled Cubone and Staryu.

"Why would Sneasel do that, I wonder," Roan murmured before turning toward Scyther. "Find Rhaine. I'm not sure how she was separated from the group, but I doubt she could have wandered too far." Scyther nodded before vanishing.

September 5th, 2005, 2:13 PM
Breathing slightly Takeno reached a pokeball and knocked it off releasing a his Maganuim.
"Cut it with your reavor leaf!" Takeno spoke urgently and with a slight nod a small leaf shot from Maganium cutting the rope releasing him from the captivity. "Return Maganium. Mankey come on out. Break down the door!" Man Mankey! He yelled with a kick toward the door knowcking it off its hinges reavealing two rockets.