PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Songs

bna_li
February 5th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Well, I bought this CD. And probably everyone knows I'm in China, so I got a Chinese CD. And this singer sings wierd songs! Examples, "Who took my microphone? Dont worry, I still have my throat." And "You are curry, I am chili". :confused:

jynx
February 5th, 2004, 10:07 AM
He hee...China pop singers are just trying to be different from the others by producing wierd songs.
There's a song with the lyrics like this: "Can you here me?" "Can you lead(pronounciation:led) me?" o_O|||
We translated those into Cantonese and it became really funny!

Where abouts are you in CHina? Beijing?

Kayleigh
February 5th, 2004, 10:17 AM
I think this belongs in Other Entertainment, so I'll move it for you. ^_^

*moved*

bna_li
February 5th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Heh, I'm in Shanghai. Really, they're so WIERD. But there are some nice ones. Like by Jay. Or S.H.E. They're all from Taiwan.

22sa
February 5th, 2004, 07:36 PM
lol, They aren't weird to me, but I'm actually Chinese. :P

I don't litsen buy Chinese music though. If I had any money, I'd spend it on American/Canadian music. Or maybe an aniem soundtrack if I get the chance. ^_^;;

My parents have lots of Chinese songs from the early 90s, I think they are really good! But I don't know the titles of any of them.

bna_li
February 5th, 2004, 07:39 PM
I'm chinese. I think some are pretty wierd. Wait... I posted the lyrics wrong. Its "Who STOLE my microphone?" Heh... one more is like "Need to love oyu everyday, its breathing to me". Not all are wierd... one song by S.H.E is from Brown Eyes, by Destiny's Child. Honestly, I think that they did a better job. Sounds better.

22sa
February 5th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Are there lots of artists in China? So many people back at homeland lol... ^^'

Tweak
February 5th, 2004, 08:04 PM
i think asian pop has a lot of weirdly translated things...my friend translated a korean song that sounded really cool, then it turned out to be rap-ing about food. -_-;; o dear.

i listened to some chinese artists such as jay chou. hummm i don't know cantonese, but i know some hong kong music artists too! =D many of them are god actors as well.

offtopic about shanghai:
i went to shanghai...and i got two freaking huge mosquito bites. arg, but other than that, i really like the city. =D uhm...this may seem weird, but how do you order french fries @ mcdonalds there?

Pokemaster10000
February 5th, 2004, 08:34 PM
I'm used to chinese music. My parents practically listen to them everyday.

22sa
February 5th, 2004, 08:51 PM
i think asian pop has a lot of weirdly translated things...my friend translated a korean song that sounded really cool, then it turned out to be rap-ing about food. -_-;; o dear.

i listened to some chinese artists such as jay chou. hummm i don't know cantonese, but i know some hong kong music artists too! =D many of them are god actors as well.

offtopic about shanghai:
i went to shanghai...and i got two freaking huge mosquito bites. arg, but other than that, i really like the city. =D uhm...this may seem weird, but how do you order french fries @ mcdonalds there?
lol, By the time I saw a MacDonalds I like missed North America so much, oh I got soo much MacDonalds at Beijing lol. My mom's friend in Beijing bought MacDonalds for us but I don't know how he did... X_X;; I thought it runs like an ordinary north American MacDonalds except with Chinese labour and staff.

Pokemaster10000, are you Chinese too? :P

Kairi
February 5th, 2004, 09:20 PM
I wish I could hear frostweaver or 22sa sing a song in Chinese. I think thatll be my goal. XD Miyu too! ^_^;

bna_li
February 6th, 2004, 12:00 AM
I'm used to chinese music. My parents practically listen to them everyday.
Yeah.... always chinese.... or classical. I don't know.. my parents like stuff that are totally different from me. Is FrostWeaver Chinese? Maybe you can ask them to sing it for the Get-Together, but it'll be 60% not happening.

Pokemaster10000
February 6th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah.... always chinese.... or classical. I don't know.. my parents like stuff that are totally different from me. Is FrostWeaver Chinese? Maybe you can ask them to sing it for the Get-Together, but it'll be 60% not happening.

Okay.... As long as I don't sing.. I'm terrible at it.. :D

Kairi
February 6th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Yeah, frostweaver is Chinese. He knows both languages so well, he always impresses me with that fact, as I can barely muster one. X_x; 22sa, Miyu, Purinsmart people. ._.;

I dont think he likes singing though, and will probably kill me just for suggesting it. *hides*

Pokemaster10000
February 6th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Yeah, frostweaver is Chinese. He knows both languages so well, he always impresses me with that fact, as I can barely muster one. X_x; 22sa, Miyu, Purinsmart people. ._.;

Hey. What about me?? :'(

...Just kiddin. :)

22sa
February 6th, 2004, 06:27 PM
<--- Cannot sing, I was too damaged during the first 5 years of my life. :P

bna_li
February 6th, 2004, 07:13 PM
<--- Cannot sing, I was too damaged during the first 5 years of my life. :P
What the heck does that mean?

Pokemaster10000
February 6th, 2004, 07:20 PM
It probaly means that 22sa's throat was damaged or somethin.

bna_li
February 6th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Hey, what about me? I can speak Greek too.

Pokemaster10000
February 6th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Hey, what about me? I can speak Greek too.

Oh yeah. I can speak Vietnamese also. :P

bna_li
February 6th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Oh yeah. I can speak Vietnamese also. :P
Are you Vietnamese? Where are you from?

Purin
February 6th, 2004, 07:35 PM

offtopic about shanghai:
*Wakes up for an exception*
You could order them in Chinese, tell them the names...these should be names for the items there:
French Fries: Shu tiao
Hamburger: han bao bao

How to ask in full sentences....I'm not sure =P

bna_li
February 6th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Wo yao yi ge han bao bao. Jia da de. Hai yao shu tiao.
I want an extra large hamburger. Plus french fries.
These are not translated directly. Mai la ji han bao is Mac Chicken spicy burger. Sorry, forgot the rest of the names.

Tweak
February 6th, 2004, 10:03 PM
*Wakes up for an exception*
You could order them in Chinese, tell them the names...these should be names for the items there:
French Fries: Shu tiao
Hamburger: han bao baoi

How to ask in full sentences....I'm not sure =P

=( yea, i went up to the lady and i said "fan su tiao" and she gave me this weird weird look! uhh and i didn't kno how to read the menu. ^____^;; so i was just standing there with my friend (she's half chinese/half european) and we lookt kinda odd...

EDIT: hummm =_= i'll try those names next time, or maybe i'll just point at the menu. >O i can't beleive i took 12 yrs of chinese and i still can't read mcdonalds menus.

jynx
February 7th, 2004, 01:59 AM
o_O|||
How many ppl here are actually Chinese?
iF SO, WHERE abouts do you come from and what language do you speak?

I had heard a few Chinese songs and Cantones songs, but I'm just not a pop music person. I like Chinese folk songs though, I know how to play a few of them on the piano.
And....um...I'm Cantonese.

(Wonders why I keep listening to Pokemon songs everyday for at least 2 hours...)

Pokemaster10000
February 7th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Are you Vietnamese? Where are you from?

I'm chinese and vietnamese....

bna_li
February 8th, 2004, 05:18 AM
I'm from Singapore. English is my first language. But the accents all funny. Really. Of course, probably everyone knows that Chinese is my second language.

bna_li
February 9th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Heh, just another part from the Microphone song. "who is saying I have no audience, I am moved myself." HAHAHA!!!

Tweak
February 9th, 2004, 09:31 AM
o_O|||
How many ppl here are actually Chinese?
iF SO, WHERE abouts do you come from and what language do you speak?

I had heard a few Chinese songs and Cantones songs, but I'm just not a pop music person. I like Chinese folk songs though, I know how to play a few of them on the piano.
And....um...I'm Cantonese.

(Wonders why I keep listening to Pokemon songs everyday for at least 2 hours...)

:knockedou i'm taiwanese and some japanese. lesseee...i can speak taiwanese better than my chinese (mandarin). and for listening, i can understand taiwanese, chinese, and japanese. but for reading/writing i can do that in japanese better. (i can barely read chinese, gar i hate myself)

=D but i'd say i'm mostly taiwanese. kekekeke, i can speak it well too! i only know a couple words in cantonese that my friend taught me, like the numbers 1-10 and yes/no, and some dimsum items. >D hehheh

^____^;;; those lyrics for the chinese song are weird. hummmm, some chinese artists songs i have are jay chou, but i can't really understand what he's singing and most of the time it makes sense. *i guess* he raps pretty good in taiwanese.

jynx
February 10th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Wow! My mother's Taiwanese too!
But I don't know Taiwanese. My mum just not good at it.
But she speaks very fluent Mandarin...
That's why English is my third language XD...

Purin
February 10th, 2004, 04:16 AM
I'm from Singapore. English is my first language. But the accents all funny. Really. Of course, probably everyone knows that Chinese is my second language.
W...WHAT???
I'm from Singapore too!!! High fives *raises up right hand*
In school, both English and Chinese are my first language, but I need to really improve on it (Chinese) =P It drags my grades down.

22sa
February 10th, 2004, 08:04 AM
^ & ^^ Now those are smart people. =P

bn_li, lol, just saying I can't really sing, at all! ^~^

Purin
February 11th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Back to topic.
Anyway, I don't listen to Chinese songs often, but I feel that they sound better than most songs in English and whenever I feel like it, I sometimes tune onto the Radio ^_^

Pokemaster10000
February 11th, 2004, 01:56 PM
I sort of like the background music when you're watching Chinese movies. It's just so calm....

bna_li
February 12th, 2004, 05:02 AM
W...WHAT???
In school, both English and Chinese are my first language, but I need to really improve on it (Chinese) =P It drags my grades down.
Really? Which part do you stay? Anyway, I buy Chinese CDs in Shanghai because the western ones are BOOOORRRRRINGGGG. I mean, I dont think anyone listens to Bon Jovi anymore, do they? Really...during the festival, they had a band sing "YMCA!" So idiotic.

22sa
February 12th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Yea, haven't heard his name in quite a while.

jynx
February 12th, 2004, 09:57 AM
W...WHAT???
Hee heee...
I always pass everything but Chinese.
Chinese is so difficult.

bna_li
February 13th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Isit possible to put a song here so everyone can hear it?

Purin
February 13th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Really? Which part do you stay? Anyway, I buy Chinese CDs in Shanghai because the western ones are BOOOORRRRRINGGGG. I mean, I dont think anyone listens to Bon Jovi anymore, do they? Really...during the festival, they had a band sing "YMCA!" So idiotic.
lol...*imagines that song being sung*
Lets see...YMCA stands for Youth-"something"-Christian-Association...wonder who and why they made that song.
Anyway back to topic.
I'm kind of clueless about songs sung in Chinese...so what's popular now? *Purin failed for Chinese songs pop quizes*

bna_li
February 13th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Jay Chou, S.H.E, Fan Wei Bo(the mic guy), Jolin, erm... one more... forgot his name... I think its Lee Hom or whatever... he sang the chinese "Im lovin it." So, back to my question, isst possible to put mp3 or wmas here?

Purin
February 14th, 2004, 12:45 AM
I think so, only that there might be a file limit =P
they said that .mp3 are allowed on the attachment section

bna_li
February 14th, 2004, 02:43 AM
How much is the biggest size, then?

Omega-Brendan
February 17th, 2004, 01:06 AM
I like Jay Chou... I have the vmp65l3 .ru thingy. Jay Chou looks pretty cool in The One with the Silver Armor.

Purin
February 17th, 2004, 05:02 AM
I think so, only that there might be a file limit =P
they said that .mp3 are allowed on the attachment section
I dunno...I tried a 6mb file and it took a long time to load...i got frustrated and closed it =P

Pokemaster10000
February 18th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Hee heee...
I always pass everything but Chinese.
Chinese is so difficult.

Me Too! I stink in Chinese. I can't believe I'm in a sixth grade chinese class. lol

Lukhuta
February 18th, 2004, 10:42 AM
aww
my favourite chinese singer is sun yan zi^^ (okay its the only one i know^^!)

Omega-Brendan
February 19th, 2004, 12:19 AM
I have a sun yan zi CD, its for ppl who lost their relationship with someone or somethin. Btw its not mine. It's my sisters. My mum likes the guy that has an album called Thank You... oh right, Richard Lam

bna_li
February 19th, 2004, 10:31 PM
I havent heard of Sun Yan Zi before... I cant tell by the pinyin... issit a guy or gal?

Pokemaster10000
February 20th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Hmm. That name sounds familiar. I think it's a guy.

bna_li
February 20th, 2004, 11:54 PM
I dont know. Heh, just heard a song that was about PING PONG. And it was by JAY. Tried uploading it, but too darn long.

Tweak
February 21st, 2004, 12:20 AM
my friend went to jay chou's concert in las vegas. ^_^;; she said it...was crowded!! i wish i cud have gone too.

i haven't listened to his music in a long time, time to bust ouf my cd player. XDXD

i like his "ban dau teio hu" song. n losta others are cool too!

Purin
February 21st, 2004, 05:44 AM
I havent heard of Sun Yan Zi before... I cant tell by the pinyin... issit a guy or gal?
She's a female. From my country.
But she seems to be more popular elsewhere than here...(I think)

Silver_Charizard
February 21st, 2004, 02:16 PM
In Taiwan(Where I used to live), there are alot of singers there.... But really, I'm not sure who is the most popular ones....(I think maybe it's Jay Chou or SHE or something.....)I'm not really into most Chinese songs, but sometimes I enjoy them a iot.^_^
BTW, I'm I'm Chinese(But never been to China, thank god I know how to order in a Taiwan Mc'Donalds...)

~Silver_Charizard~

Miyu-chan
February 21st, 2004, 02:50 PM
Chinese songs! XDDD I like S.H.E~ But I've heard that their latest album is bad. =/ I also like Sun Yan-Zi and ^ likes David Tao. He goes around singing his songs everyday. =P (J/K!)

bna_li
February 22nd, 2004, 11:08 AM
Yeah, me doesnt think it was good. Their Superstar was betta. Boy, I would like to hear Jay sing live! Er.... I dont know how to read what that "ban dau teio hu" ????

Tweak
February 22nd, 2004, 05:03 PM
errr its half-island-metal-box??

o_O;;; its in his 2nd cd i think, i forgot. ^_^;;

bna_li
February 27th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Hm.....I dunno... I think I like his latest CD... wth the East Wind Breaks, You Can Hear It, Fine Day, Last Battle, Secret Signal. Heh, I know the names are wierd. Thas because they were originally chinese. I might attach a song to here.. Maybe fine day.

bna_li
March 23rd, 2004, 03:44 AM
Hm, I better post here or they'll close this thread for being 1 month old. Any new songs...? Hm... Oh, Sun Yan Zi... I just heard her song... its pretty good! Ban Dao Teio Hu? Do you mean ban dao tie he? I dont know.