PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Symphonia: Aftershock (Part 1- Darkness Returns)

Kurosaki
July 24th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Plot

It's now been 5 years since Mithos was defeated, the Giant Kharlan Tree was restored, and the two worlds of Tethe'alla and Sylvarant were restored to their original state. Ever since that day, things have been peaceful, and not much is changed. Ozette and Luin were rebuilt, and Mizuho was relocated to just south of Iselia.

However, the unthinkable occured, and Mithos was revived by a new, greater evil, and the two worlds were once again seperated. As a result, the Mana links were re-established, and the tree was sealed inside once more. The original heroes, excluding Kratos, who had gone to Derris Kharlan, and Sheena, who had her chief duties in Mizuho, set out to stop this new found evil, only to be captured.

After hearing the news, Sheena became desperate to find her friends, and knowing she couldn't do anything but watch, she used the power of the 9 Summon Spirits to summon strangers from another world to save the two worlds, entrusting a Summon Spirit, and an exsphere to each as a guide.

Now, it must have at least crossed your minds by now, that if Sheena still has her Summon Spirit pacts, then why are there Mana links forming? It's because a new evil force has been placed at each temple, creating the links.

In a nutshell, you are summoned from our world, to Mizuho in Sylvarant, by Sheena, and are given each a Summon Spirit, as well as your own exsphere. As our world is nothing like Sylvarant or Tethe'alla, we must discover our dormant skills with help from our Summon Spirit and Exsphere. Only by doing this, and defeating the evil, will you be able to return home.

Summon Spirits

Efreet (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/art/tos017.jpg)
Efreet is the Summon Spirit of fire, and the temple that held him was located at Triet Ruins, Sylvarant. Claimed by Raichu Master

Sylph (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/art/tos016.jpg)
Sylph is the Summon Spirit of air, and their temple is located at Balacruf Mausoleum, Sylvarant. Claimed by *~Strider~*

Undine (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/art/tos015.jpg)
Undine is the Summon Spirit of water, and her temple is located at the Thoda Geyser, Sylvarant. Claimed by Lil'Schu

Gnome (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/art/tos018.jpg)
Gnome is the Summon Spirit of Earth, and was located at the Temple of Earth in Tethe'alla. Claimed by Abskull

Volt (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/art/tos019.jpg)
Volt is the Summon Spirit of Lightning, and was located at the Temple of Lightning in Tethe'alla. Claimed by Yukito

Celsius (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/art/tos020.jpg)
Celcius is the Summon Spirit of Ice, and was located at the Temple of Ice, in Tethe'alla. Claimed by Miyu-chan

Luna (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/art/tos021.jpg)
Luna is the first of two Summon Spirits of Light, her temple, as well as Aska's, located at the Tower of Mana, in Sylvarant. Claimed by Marina99

Aska (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/art/tos022.jpg)
The second Summon Spirit of light. He is located alongside Luna.

Shadow (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/tales/tos/art/tos023.jpg)
Shadow is the Summon Spirit of Darkness, and was located in the Temple of Darkness, in Tethe'alla.

Form

Name:
Appearance: (Remember our characters are from our world)
Personality: (Optional)
Summon Spirit: (Just to confirm, the Summon Spirit won't be fighting along side us. It's kind of like a key to helping unlock your power. You can't exactly spend the whole RP chit chatting with it. We will eventually learn to summon, however. Also, the Summon Spirit's element has nothing to do with your powers, though it may if you like. Also, once someone has claimed a Summon Spirit, it can't be claimed by someone else.)
Class: (What class of powers will you be unlocking? Ex: Magic, Twin swordsmen, ect. This has to be approved by me)
RP Sample: (I require a sample of your work, and it has to be good, to become accepted)

Later on, when we learn some techs, we'll key an extra section onto our profiles, and update them as we learn new skills.

Myrrh
July 24th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Name: Minotsu
Appearance: Spiky brown hair,(Like Lloyd), a black shirt with a white vest, brown pants, black gloves, and a white headband...
Summon Spirit: Luna
Class: Magic User
RP Sample: Its 5:00 AM, I awaken, looking out on the horizen, searching for my staff, which seems to be stolen!!

"Hmm, where did I put that thing?? Oh, here it is!" I said as I stretched my forearms....

I pick up my staff, it is long, slender, and has a turqoise ball at the end.

"Hm, where to go next......Oh, Ill go see Collette!!!!" I yelled in glee, I then yawned from sleepyness.....

I exit Mizuho, and head toward Iselia......

On the way there, 3 rabbits wanna battle!!

They jump all one top of me at once, I knock the off, I then swing at the one on the left and it disintegrates! I swing at the other one and I kill it, I then use First Aid! I am healed, partially, the one remaining attacks me, and I kill it by swinging my staff.....I then walk for a bit, to catch my breath, and I head toward Iselia, hopefully with no more interruptions...............

(OOC: Any better?)

Abskull
July 24th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Name: Myasaki Ishimaru
Appearance: http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/7858/1094235890eadventure6uh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Personality: (Optional)
Summon Spirit: Gnome
Class: Magic
RP Sample: Don't you know me well enough?

Kurosaki
July 24th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Okay, you're accepted Abskull, but Myrrh, your RP Sample doesn't even follow proper format. ^^;;

Myrrh
July 24th, 2005, 04:32 PM
OOC: What do you mean??? I dont quite understand.......>_-.....

Kurosaki
July 24th, 2005, 04:38 PM
You shouldn't be posting like this in any RP:
"Minotsu: Hmm, where did I put that thing?? Oh, here it is!"

It should be in the following format:
"Hmm, where did I put that thing?? Oh, here it is!" Minotsu said"

Myrrh
July 24th, 2005, 04:42 PM
OOC: Oh. lemme change it then, sorry, if I change it can I join??

Kurosaki
July 24th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure, you didn't have much for me to go off of. Would you mind posting some more?

Myrrh
July 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM
(OOC: Sure, Ill post some more here, oh, BTW, can I powerplay as Collette? If I can I can edit it.....)

BIC:
I arrive at the Iselia Village Gates and ask the Guard for Permission to enter.

"Um, can I enter the village? I wield nothing but my Staff and the clothes on my back," I tell the man.

"Um, yes, go ahead," he replied, "enter, young sir."

I enter the village and I see Collete.

"Collette!! HI!! Its Minotsu!! Remember me?" I excitedly yelled to her, "I wonder if she remembers me...."

"Minotsu? Wow, its really you! I havent seen you in ages!!!" she replied, "come into my house, and lets talk for a while^-^!"

(OOC: Any Better now?)

Zero ex
July 24th, 2005, 06:05 PM
I want to join (If i can)

Name: Kyo
Appearance: A tall man. dark-brown eyes. Short black hair. Wearing a largewhite coat.
Personality: Happy. Somehow like Zelos.
Summon Spirit: Shadow
Class: Mageknight (Like Zelos and Kratos)
RP Sample: Kyo was in a dark place, a place of death. Kyowas scared. Hw thought " I must finish this task or else...I will not be able to fight alongside Sheena and the others." Kyo change his face to one with determination. Shadow saw him and said "Good.....Now.....finish.....the...task." Kyo replied "Hey can you try to talk a bit normally? You are sacaring me." Shadow move towards Kyo and answered the question by saying " I...not.....scaring.....Finish.....task." Kyo replied " Ok " Kyo walk in the the dark place, he saw fire a sphere with fire and said "What is this? A it doesnt matter if it is not hot it could help me(He will be able to see)." Kyo grabbed the sphere, he noticed that it was not hot. That it was a normal shpere. He saw that the dark place was a forest(The sphere was ilumminaitng th place). "Now that I can i will be able to finish the task." Kyo said with a smile. Kyo then saw some monsters and thought " Shall I battle or shall I run like a coward. No! I must face them. I must kill them!" Kyo grabbed his sword and start running towards the monsters. He slashed one of them and got a one hit K.O. One of the dragon attacke him witho so much strangth that Kyo got fliyign toward th tree " Argh! So powerfull, but i won't be beated so easily." Kyo used his magic (Wind blade) and beat another monster. "Now one to go" Kyo said. Kyo started running and hit the dragon and killed the final one. "Good......Task......Finished." Shadow said. Kyo replied "What are you kidding this was the task?" I think that with this is good.

Miyu-chan
July 24th, 2005, 06:58 PM
(ToS! <3)

Name: Yoshiko Fuyukawa
Appearance: http://www.animecubed.com/animegirls/pics/650.jpg
Personality: Always with a cheerful smile on her face, Yoshiko at a first glance may seem like a ordinary ditzy, cheerful, optimistic girl. But underneath her smile is a girl who is filled with uncertianity, doubts about the world, and a shadow of her past.
Summon Spirit: Celcius
Class: Swordswoman/Mage - double edged sword.
RP Sample:

Neo Sneasel
July 24th, 2005, 08:04 PM
May I join?

Name: Xenx
Apperance: Siver hair, icy blue eyes, pale skin, black vest, navy blue pants
Personality: Optional
Summon Spirit: Aska
Class: Swordsman
RP Sample: Xenx was walking along in a field when the sky darkened and lightning clashed around him violently. "What's happening?" he asked, expecting a reply. As the lightning streaks moved in closer and closer he swung his sword around viciously, hoping to make it stop. " Why wont it stop, why wont it go away?!" he moned, still expecting a reply. A bolt hit him and he passed out. He awoke later in a strange vilage he had never seen before. "Welcome to Mizuho." said Sheena.

Is that good?

Shadowfaith
July 25th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Name: Rei Kogami

Appearance: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/SinfulDragon/Anime/GothGirl.jpg

Personality: Rei is a passionate and adventurous soul, determined on having the time of her life no matter what the situation. She takes great liking in all extraordinary things, and likes nothing more than to explore new and unexplained surroundings. Though she has the heart of a child, she fights with passion and shows no mercy to her opponents, using strategic methods to bring them to their knees.

Summon Spirit: *Glares at NeoSneasel* Sylph

Class: Twin Swordsman

RP Sample: *Cough* Ill edit if I have to ^_^

Kurosaki
July 25th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Sorry Myrrh, but I just don't think you're quite up to the level I'm looking for. ^^;;

Zero_ex, if you want to be in this RP, i recommend dividing your posts into paragraphs, if you don't already, as your sample was very crammed, and I also advise you to work on your spelling, but besides that, you're in. However, could you ngo into more detail on your appearance?

Neo Sneasel, you also need to add more to your description, and your sample if you want entrance.

Strider, you're in, and same with Miyu. I'll edit my profile in in a few minutes.

Edit:

Name: David
Appearance: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/Legendary_Pokemaster/check.jpg
Personality:
Summon Spirit: Volt
Class: Archer/ Magic User

Mari
July 25th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Name: Sayuri Mikami
Appearance: ~> Clicky (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/3monica6/gamuu.jpg)
Personality: Sayuri is happy-go-lucky, childish and really hyper. At least that's what she wants everyone to see. Underneath her blissful demeanor is a sense of maturity, one that is rarely found in someone in her age. She puts her needs second to everyone else's and keeps all her troubles to herself, afraid to burden others. She is a bit gullible, too, and easily trusts anyone; friend or foe.
Summon Spirit: Luna
Class: If she wields a chakram, what class would that be, Davey-chan? Chakram wielder~? X3;
RP Sample: Do I have to, do I have to, do I have tooo~?

I'll edit everything I need to, just tell me. :3

Kurosaki
July 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah, Chakram wielder sounds about right, XD
Anyways, you're accepted Mari

Raichu Master
July 25th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Any room for an old timer?

And I don't think it's really fair that ONLY some people have to do an rp sample and others do not. Kind of like playing favorites...and I don't like it when people play favorites...it bugs the crap out of me...but hey...you're the mod and the creator of the thread...whatever floats your boat. But being me as I know me, I'm going to feel out the RP Sample, because you NEVER know when a good rper may become bad or you may get better and decide that what was once good is now bad and what was bad is now worst and so on and so forth. Anyway...my point is...don't put an RP sample in if not everyone has to do it... *sigh*

Name: Jeremy Cecil
Appearance: Jeremy has jet black hair that's spiked with blond highlighted tips; he also has deep mohagany eyes, that contrast greatly with his dark hair. He wears bootcut jeans that are ripped at the knees, and a loose, worn-out white t-shirt. He's very scruffy looking, and is a very unlikely hero with his rather short-for-a-16-year-old appearance and rather frail looking frame, and extremely pale complexion.
Personality: I hate optional Personalities (what is somebody going to do? Change a character's personality halfway through the storyline?). Anyhow, Jeremy is very rogue-ish and was born a street rat in New York City. With no family or friends, Jeremy doesn't trust anybody or anything, and relies on himself and himself alone. He's very sharp-witted but his sharp-tongue is even sharper which gets him into fights that he can't win, which would explain all the bruising. Jeremy is only out for himself, and what he thinks is best for him, which can make him very suspicious and untrustworthy. But make no mistake, besides some major setbacks and flaws in his composition and personality, given the chance (which he never had since his parents died when he was a baby), Jeremy proves to be a great traveling companion and goof-off, it's getting him to open up that's the trick.
Summon Spirit: Efreet
Class: Swordsman = scimitar (singular)
RP Sample: "Come back here!" a rather fat pudgy man screamed as he ran after a short rinky-dink boy, who was carrying a loaf of freshly baked bread. "Thief! Thief! Come back here!" the man, obviously a baker of some sort, continued to yell when he ran out of breath shortly after he started running.

Passing between to buildings into a narrow alley, just big enough for a boy like him, Jeremy lifted his mohagany eyes to meet those of another boy about the same height but looked like he could take out a few people in one swift stroke of his arm. "Here you are! Now pay up!" Jeremy demanded throwing the loaf from his arm to the boy's out stretched hands.

"Very good, now be on your way," the boy sighed, as his silhouette turned around and started walking away without paying Jeremy for his performance.

"What about the money!" Jeremy protested as he dared to take a step forward to try and stop the other young man's progress. A sturdy hand came around and made contact with Jeremy's left cheek, which gave a loud smack of protest, making Jeremy fall limply to the ground.

"You don't deserve a cent! Maybe when you learn how to actually steal I might consider paying you for your poor performances," the young man said smuggly, as he spat on Jeremy and turned to leave.

"We had a deal!" Jeremy protested yet again, as he staggered to his feet and regained his composure. When the boy didn't answer back, Jeremy took off after him, jumping up on the wall and running along it for as long as he could to get infront of his employer. Landing a few feet in front of the silhouette, with a satisfied grin, knowing that he successfully snuck passed his opponent, Jeremy lounged toward the loaf of bread, catching it as his arms folded around it. Breaking into a roll, Jeremy quickly got to his feet and sprinted from the alley yelling, "That's what you get when you don't pay!"

Is that good enough? Or do you want more? Maybe more description? More action maybe? A bit longer? I don't believe you ever stated the requirements, so I leave it up to you! ^^

Kurosaki
July 25th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Actually, optional is generally for someone who wants the other RPers to see as they go, instead of already having a basic idea already, as they sometimes become predictable. That, or they're lazy :P

Anyways, you're in

Lil' Schu
July 26th, 2005, 08:19 AM
I'll see if I can join. Heh. I haven't RPed much, but I do write (whether you all know it or not. XD;; ).

::~Form~::

Name: Lauren
Appearance: Dark Brown shoulder blade length hair, her skin is a bit tanned. She has purple eyes. Wears a light blue jacket, a white undershirt, khaki pants, sandals. She's about 5'10".
Personality: Lauren is outgoing most of the time, but can be mature if the situation calls for it. She's smart and thinks before acting. (I suck at personality describing. XD; )
Summon Spirit: Undine
Class: Healer, Light-type Mage (like Raine). She wields a wooden staff with a sapphire on top.
RP Sample: A young girl blinked her eyes as the smell of a well-done egg omelet made its way up the winding stairs and into the bedroom. Lauren blinked again. But it's Friday...I'm supposed to be the only one home...Then who's cooking?

Lauen grabbed her robe, put on her glasses, and dashed down the stairs. Everything was going great until her foot caught a snag on the carpeted steps.

"Oops."

She tumbled down the rest of the steps, making various sounds as she went. Not surprisingly, she landed right on her ankle. Abandoning all caution to the stranger in the kitchen, Lauren let out a choice of "mad" words (her parents never let her curse). The teenager was so caught up nursing her ankle, that she didn't notice the figure looming over her until about two minutes later. Lauren glanced up at the short stocky woman in a bathrobe...My mom's robe! Woah, wait a second...

"Do you do this everyday I'm gone?" Lauren's mother sounded serious, but her light blue eyes didn't match her voice's tone.

"Heh, just toughening myself up, that's all." Lauren shook her head, causing her dark hair to flow, almost as if it had a mind of its own. Man, Mom just had to be home today...Why is she even home? "Mom, why are you home, anyway? Today's not a weekend, and you never take days off!"

The stocky woman looked amazed. She knows...she has to know. How could she forget this? It's my only day of the year, she can't forget...she wouldn't forget...

Lauren sat there on the step, thinking hard to herself. Must be something pretty big. How can I forget something? I never forget anything! Argh! Like a bolt from the blue, it hit her. Of course! How could I be so stupid!

"It's your birthday, Mom! Of course I didn't forget! Here, I'll go get your present!" Before Lauren's mom could react, the teen sprinted up the stairs two at a time and fell on her bed.

"Wow..." Lauren muttered to herself. "Talk about a close call..."

So...can I join? ^^;

Kurosaki
July 26th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Okay, you're accepted. And I think we have enough to start now! For reasons related to be lazy, we'll start out waking up in Mizuho after being transported there. Your character may or may not have played the game before, depending on your decision, and remember that Mizuho was relocated to Sylvarant, and is just south if Iselia.

IC: Bricks, bricks, was I hit over the head with bricks? It certainly felt like it when I woke up that morning, and what a morning it was. When I first opened my eyes, I found myself in an unfamiliar environment, and I felt a strange force looming in the air. I sat up, and noticed I had been laying on the ground, and I was in a dark building, poorly made, and probably only created to contain a large group of people. And contain a large group of people it did. Around me were at least 6 other people laying in the dirt.

I decided to disregard that fact for the moment, and exited through the nearest door, having to cover my eyes as I left the darkness and entered the scorching sunlight, almost blinding me. After my eyes recovered, I saw a small village before me. Dirt paths, old wooden homes, a well, the list went on. There were also no cars, or technology of any kind. Also, the citizens of the village were dressed oddly, and they were all staring, which scared me back inside. Just what the hell was going on?

OOC: Basically, wake up in the same place I did. Also, that presenced I felt was Mana, and only magic users should be able to sense it.

Shadowfaith
July 26th, 2005, 09:13 AM
What the my head hurt immensely, but the funny thing was, I didnt remember what I had done to deserve such a painful burden. I couldnt remember being hit and defiantly couldnt remember getting drunk. So where exactly had I ended up?

I opened my eyes slowly and cautiously, afraid of where I may find myself to be, or in what condition. But what I saw surprised me, it defiantly was not my house and I felt my heart rush to my throat at this realisation. Was I kidnapped!

I staggered to my feet and gave myself a quick once over, to make sure I had not been harmed in any way and thankfully I was not. The only thing that startled me was my surroundings, whichif my memory served my correctly, looked like a traditional Japanese style room.

Taking a cautious few steps, I opened the wooden door and glanced out. My eyes were immediately abused by the strong sun light that shone through and I quickly clenched my eyes shut, now and again peeking through so that they would become use to the light.

When this was successfully acquired, I gave a light, involuntary gasp upon seeing that the place was defiantly Japanese like in style and the people were dressed inKimonos?!

This was crazy, I must be still dreamingor other wise knocked out. It just wasnt possible. I found myself unable to move as a gazed upon the unfamiliar scenery and I cared nothing for the questioning looks of the villagers and continued to glance around.

My heart gave a pang of hope as my eyes came across a boy who was dressed in somewhat of a normal mannerwell; he stood out from the rest, thats all I could say.

I stepped out Hey!
before tripping and landing on my backside, there were a few snickers from the villagers, but I was more concentrated on the aching sensation in my legs Oww

Raichu Master
July 26th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Tripping over what felt like a rather large stone as Jeremy raced out of the alleyway with the loaf of bread still in his arms, he hit the ground and he immediately blacked out, and felt a dropping sensation. Then he felt himself hit the ground head first and then his thoughts slipped slowly away from him.

"Wha-?" Jeremy moaned to himself as his eyelids slid open halfway and his vision slowly returned to him. His loaf of breed had somehow disappeared and he was now sitting up and rubbing the pain out of his head before he could stop himself. When his vision returned to normal, Jeremy found himself in a dark room with other around him, feeling increasingly curious, Jeremy's first instinct was to pick pocket whatever he could from the strangers.

However, before he could get his thoughts together enough to get to his feet he noticed that two other people were about. Propping himself up with both his hands, he felt cold metal against his hands. Screaming out in surprise Jeremy jumped to his feet and turned around to see what he had touched. There, sitting where the loaf of breed would have been, was a jeweled sheath. "What's going on?" Jeremy gasped as he looked over to see what the others were doing, trying not to look terribly worried, but failing miserably.

Lil' Schu
July 26th, 2005, 09:54 AM
"Ugh..." Lauren rubbed her head, uncertain of the whereabouts of where she was. I feel like I just fell from one-hundred feet from the air...what is going here? And what is that weird smell?

The girl brought herself to sit up, ignoring the pain in her head for the moment. Around her there were six people, looking as confused as Lauren did. Well, I'm not going to accomplish much just sitting here, am I? She got up, and felt something drop to the ground as she did. A staff...okay, I can deal with that. Staves are cool...I guess...

Lauren walked out the door and into the street. Her surroundings were somewhat unfamiliar. There were woman in kimonos, and men in baggy clothing. What the heck? Why does this seem familiar? A dog came up to her and sniffed Lauren's pants.

"Hi puppy. I feel like you're the only thing that hasn't changed here..." Lauren stroked the small dog's black fur. It was coarse, but she didn't care. All she wanted to do was get back home, and this was as close as she was going to get for the time being...

"Um, lady, can I have my dog back now?" A young boy with black hair squatted down and looked at her. He must have been about four.

Lauren blinked. "Uh, okay...nice dog you have there." After she let go of the puppy, Lauren stood up, a bit woozy. Unbeknownst to her, a tall, muscular man stood behind her.

"Just what do you think you're doing to my son?"

"AH!" Startled by this sudden change of events, Lauren scrambled back to the hut she woke up in. Stopping at the door, she panicked. Panting, she turned to the other people in the hut.

"What the heck is going on?!"

Mari
July 26th, 2005, 11:10 AM
"What the heck is going on?!"

"Brother, why are you shouting so early in the morning?" Sayuri whined, groggily sitting up. Her head was throbbing, too, somehow. Did something happen? She didn't remember tripping or hitting her head, so why does it hurt so much? She rubbed her eyes and blinked back her drowsiness, maybe she was just feeling sleepy, that's all.

It took her about five seconds and a half to realize she wasn't at home. Instead, she was in a room. She couldn't distinguish the other details since it was really dark. She spotted a few people in the room as well. There was a girl, standing right behind the door, looking rather panicked. It would appear that the girl was the one who had yelled moments ago. She picked herself up and walked up to the older girl, smiling brightly.

"Is something wrong?" She asked in a tone that screamed 'oblivious'. "If there is, then I'll try to help you!" She was worried as well, but she wasn't easily frightened. She always tried to be optimistic at situations like these, especially when there are others involved. Especially when she can see fright or worry in their faces.

Miyu-chan
July 26th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Yoshiko sat up slowly, rubbing the throbbing sensation in her temple.

"Oww... What just happened?" she said aloud, a confused expression materializing on her face. Blinking her eyes a few times, her eyes adjusted to the light around - she was in a strange village. The houses seen were straw huts - and all around her, people were wearing kimonos.

"Wow - this feels like Kyoto..." Yoshiko said aloud. Just more older... But thinking back, she was puzzled - How did she get here anyways?

Looking around - there were 6 more people - more normal looking people who were just as confused as she was. Sighing, Yoshiko got up, glancing around.

"Who sent us here?" she asked, her voice quivering slightly. She hoped that they weren't going to demand a huge ransom for their kidnapping...

Lil' Schu
July 27th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Lauren sighed. "Well, at least I'm not the only one that feels confused about this."

Examining her surroundings again, Lauren spotted a young girl standing about 10 feet from her, and a teenager about 7 feet from her. Wow. That one is really young. And the other one can't be any older than me. Who would try to kidnap kids like us? The fact being that she wasn't going to get anywhere by just standing there, she jogged over to the teenager.

Trying to hide the fear inside her, she spoke to the girl. "I take it you have no idea what's going on either? Oh, I haven't introduced myself, have I? I'm Lauren. Heh, not that it matters..."

Kurosaki
July 27th, 2005, 09:02 AM
OOC: *Posts to see what the next post is* I hate it when PC does that. I'll edit my next post in once I can see the post on the next page >>

IC: "This isn't a kidnapping. Don't you think there'd be guards or something if that was true?" I replied after hearing the comments of the group of girls. I was standing against the south well, despite how weak the walls were, and I was facing the doorway. "Also, this place doesn't feel familiar at all, everything feels native. I don't even think this is our world."

"Well, you're right." I female voice announced as she entered the room. She was dressed in a red get-up similar to those of chiefs way back in the day. When I saw her face however, I noticed it appeared oddly familiar, and her voice also. "I summoned you here. And I know I shouldn't be asking this of you, and I shouldn't have brought you here against your will. We need your help."

Raichu Master
July 27th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Jeremy moved into a dark corner, as the others awoke, and started questioning the same exact things that were running through his mind. Then he noticed that a boy near the entrance who was saying that this wasn't a kidnapping. 'Of course it isn't who would kidnap me?' Jeremy asked himself bitterly as he held the hilt he found tightly and looking for a way out before any of them took notice of him.

"I summoned you here. And I know I shouldn't be asking this of you, and I shouldn't have brought you here against your will. We need your help."

"What?" Jeremy whispered, from behind the group, low enough that none of them could possibly notice him. 'Why was I summoned out of all the people in the world and who is this?' Jeremy said as he unsheathed half of the hidden blade to see a perfectly curved blade shining back at him, then sheathed it before anyone could notice. He prefered to be secretive and unnoticed than rather people looking at him.

Miyu-chan
July 27th, 2005, 09:34 PM
"This isn't a kidnapping. Don't you think there'd be guards or something if that was true?" After hearing the words of the boy, Yoshiko started to feel slightly relieved. But still she was worried - and the rest of the boy's comment didn't help either.

"I summoned you here. And I know I shouldn't be asking this of you, and I shouldn't have brought you here against your will. We need your help."The female chieftain announced.

Yoshiko glanced up, her face scrunched up in a concerned expression. "What do you need that'll need my -" she paused as she surveyed around the room, taking notice of the other people. "Our help?" she corrected herself. "I'm just a powerless normal student..." she added, more to herself than to anyone else.

Lil' Schu
July 29th, 2005, 08:06 PM
OOC: I decided to post these without color. Yay. o_o;

IC: "I summoned you here. And I know I shouldn't be asking this of you, and I shouldn't have brought you here against your will. We need your help." The chief stood and waited, as if she thought we'd explode any minute. Well, she wouldn't be wrong. But I have to look good in front of these strangers. Blargh.

Lauren chose her next words carefully. "So, what your saying is that you called us here? And how exactly did you do that? And why did you do this?" She stole a backwards glance towards the - or is it hers? - staff. And why do I have this thing?

Kurosaki
July 30th, 2005, 08:31 AM
"Well, first off, my name is Sheena Fujibayashi." the women stated before looking over our group, expecting us to know who she was... Wait, wasn't that the name of a character in Tales of Symphonia?

"Hmm, well, I don't really know how I'm going to explain this, but here I go." Sheena continued, "2 years ago, I, along with a group of others, fought against a being known as Mithos, who had split the two worlds of Sylvarant, and Tethe'alla apart. We won, and brought the two worlds back together once more. I'm sorry this description is vague, but we're short on time. Anyways, a week ago, the worlds somehow split apart once more, and the reason is unknown. My friends went to check it out, but they haven't returned yet."

Lil' Schu
July 30th, 2005, 12:11 PM
"Well, first off, my name is Sheena Fujibayashi." Lauren stared at the young girl in the baggy red outfit. Why did I know that name? Why?!

While Lauren was busy searching her head for answers, Sheena continued her little speech. "Hmm, well, I don't really know how I'm going to explain this, but here I go. 2 years ago, I, along with a group of others, fought against a being known as Mithos, who had split the two worlds of Sylvarant and Tethe'alla apart." Lauren's eyes glazed over, as if she really had something else on her mind; which would be extremely true. Ah, no, you're kidding me...I've got to be wrong...We're not inside the game, are we? It finally dawned on Lauren. They were inside Sylvarant, from the game Tales of Symphonia. But, it was still a mystery to her how they got in there.

"We won, and brought the two worlds back together once more. I'm sorry this description is vague, but we're short on time. Anyways, a week ago, the worlds somehow split apart once more, and the reason is unknown. My friends went to check it out, but they haven't returned yet." The chief concluded her speech, and waited for the enslaughter of questions that were bound to follow.

Lauren sorted through the things in her brain right now, and attempted to make some understandle questions with them. "Okay. Let me get this straight. What you're saying is that you brought us here to help you with something you don't know about? And why do we have these...well, weapons?" Again, she stole a glance to the neglected staff. There it was, with the sapphire shining brightly from the sunlight streaming down through the roof. Y'know, it's kind of pretty like that...

Shadowfaith
July 31st, 2005, 02:46 AM
Rei was seated on the ground with her back against the wall of the hut, staring up at the one named, Sheena Fujibayashi. The name rang a bell straight away and Reis eyes narrowed into slits as she caught herself in deep thought of the events at hand Sowere stuck in the game, basically. This is new, but why us? There must be many out there that have played this game in particular

She was interrupted from her thoughts by the story Sheena had been telling them. So it was true that this was exactly the games History. A group of peculiar people who travelled the two worlds of Sylvarant and Tethe'alla, purely to seek a way of saving their friend, and putting a stop to the battle for Mana between the two worlds, so that all could live in peace.

This is extraordinary Rei thought whilst brining a thoughtful finger to her chin So this is the new Village of Mizuho, situated in Sylvarant after they moved from Tethealla She let a chuckle escape her lips and thought of the complete irony that she had been thinking of existing in such a world before she passed out unexpectedly.

We won, and brought the two worlds back together once more. I'm sorry this description is vague, but we're short on time. Anyways, a week ago, the worlds somehow split apart once more, and the reason is unknown. My friends went to check it out, but they haven't returned yet." Sheena explained her expression one of sorrow and worry for her friends.

It was then Rei stood from her sitting position up against the wall of the hut and brushed herself off. She placed her slender fingers upon her hips and tilted herself to the side Uh huh.rightso why exactly have we been called here? And by Why have WE I literally mean why have WE been called here and not others that have also played this gamewhats so special about us?

protoman
July 31st, 2005, 04:46 PM
Is there still room for one more person?

I will wait tell someone says i can.

Kurosaki
July 31st, 2005, 06:16 PM
OOC: Sorry protoman, we're full. ^^;;

Raichu Master
July 31st, 2005, 06:59 PM
'Game?' Jeremy asked himself, he didn't comprehend the situation at all. First he was a street rat stealing back the breed he worked hard to steal, and then he tripped and found himself in a weird village that the others are calling a game? Well it wasn't a game he ever played that's for sure.

Then he remembered the name, Sheena, the last name didn't help much, but there was something particular about the first name. He could vaguely remember playing the game somewhere, but his memory, and his world had just been flipped upside down from this turn of events, there was no time to think!

Jeremy coughed loudly, making his presence known to the room. He had planned to stay hidden and hopefully be forgotten. But if this girl summoned them there, she already knew that he was here, and hiding in the corner. "What's with this we stuff, huh? Who said that any of us was going to do this willingly?" Jeremy blurted as he stepped out of the shadows that were concealling him until now.

"I'm sure I ain't the only one here who feels the same way. What about our homes? I had just...er..." Jeremy said, stopping short, not knowing how to phrase the word "stealing" without saying it. "retrieved a loaf of breed and was about to eat lunch! And quite frankly I don't see the point in rescuing a video game world. I mean if it was really that important...why can't they must publish the sequel and let every gamer on the face of the Earth beat the stupid game?" Jeremy said, rather bluntly, but not as blunt as he had hoped. Obviously he had no comprehension of what was happening, but he wanted some proof that this wasn't a bad dream. This all seemed surreal to him, and he never did anything without proper reason.

Lil' Schu
July 31st, 2005, 08:05 PM
OOC: Sorry Mitch. ;o;

BIC: Lauren stared at the ragged boy as if she had never seen him properly before. He does have a point. Although, I don't even know if he has a home, the way he dresses...Just go talk to him, silly. As if the latter had won the inside battle, Lauren almost automatically walked over to the boy.

"Do you think any of us volunteered to be here? I don't even know any of your names. Hey, I don't even know why she chose us out of the millions of people out there. But, I really don't think that we're in the game. I believe that the game has somehow become our reality. If I knew how to get out of here, trust me, I would have by now. As long as Sheena is here," -at this part of her speech, Lauren threw a death glare at her- "we have no choice but to go along with this. Life's tough that way. Sucks, doesn't it?" Having finished her little piece of dialouge, Lauren leaned against the sod wall, but remembered something; a little something nagging at the back of her brain.

You aren't going to get along with him unless you at least tell him your name! In fact, you aren't going to get along with anyone if you don't tell them your name!

She stood back up. "Hey, listen everybody. As long as we're stuck in this...place, we should at least get to know everyone's names. Sooner we get to know each other, the faster we're transported out of here. I'm Lauren." Having got this off her chest, the teenager sat back down against the wall.

Miyu-chan
July 31st, 2005, 10:00 PM
Yoshiko stared at Sheena in disbelief.

They were inside Tales of Symphonia. The Game. This explanation seemed so absurd to her, that she just started laughing softly. But still it was cool - in a freaky way. After finishing her laughing fit. She coughed a few times, choking alittle.

"I find it a bit strange also - why us?" she inquired. "Oh - and my name is Yoshiko Fuyukawa." she said, smiling shyly.

Shadowfaith
August 1st, 2005, 02:34 AM
The boy did have a point, if it was only a game, then what exactly was the point of saving it? It would only be a game when they succeeded anyway. This also meant that the Sheena they saw before them at this very minute was also apart of the game and therefore not realbut it felt real. If they were here now, then anything that happened to them would surly happen for real, thats how it usually workedif they were to die here, they would die all together.

Take a deep breath, Rei ran a hand through her hair and lowered her gaze to the ground, in deep thought she ran the events through her head only to come up with nothing. She was all up for helping them, but her chances of dying here were very highshe wasnt ready to depart from the world yet; she still had so much she wished to do.

But thenwho ever got the chance to live an adventure such as this? This was a once in a life time opportunity and she had always dreamed of living a life as exciting as this one. Raising her head again to look at the worried faces about her, she replied Look at it this waywere in a gameI dont know about you, but this has always been a dream of mineto live such an adventurous life

She looked towards the girl who had tried to make the best of the situation by asking everyones names, and smiled Im Rei She answered cheerfully Nice to meet you all She then looked back at Sheena So what are we waiting for? What do we have to do to help?

Raichu Master
August 1st, 2005, 05:42 AM
The sixteen-year-old snorted and then said, rather gruffly, "If I'm going to risk my life saving some game, at least tell me the consequences to the real world. I mean, come on, do you really expect any of us to save this world with the vigor, the heart, and the determination that any other hero saving their world would have? Quite frankly, this isn't my world, I could careless. Let them make a video game out of it or something. What's the consequence to our world, that obviously runs parallel to this one if we were so easily able to be trapped here?"

What he said was most certainly true, he could careless if this world was wiped off the face of the universe...but if it had some means to corrupt or distroy his own world, then he would have no choice but to stay and fight. "Besides, we're kids! We don't even know how to fight with a weapon! At least give us some training!" Jeremy blurted, as he unsheathed his scimitar. It felt light and completely balanced in his hand, like it truly belong there, yet he had no clue how to use it and would likely kill himself accidentally before even touching the enemy.

Jeremy took it that everyone understood that he finally gave in with the comment he made about the training and continued once more. "Just call me Jeremy."

Kurosaki
August 1st, 2005, 06:55 PM
"Actually, it was only recently that your world aligned with Sylvarant." Sheena continued, ignoring the rude behavious of the others quite easily. "If whatever is causing trouble here realizes that, it might very well attack your world as well. As for your other questions, I brought you here through the power of the Summon Spirit, Origin, and I'm pretty sure you all connected with a Summon Spirit while you were resting."

Come to think of it, I did have a weird dream of what seemed like a giant ball of Lightning. Volt, I believe.

"Also, I know you are unfamiliar with these weapons, but you have a great power dormant inside you that you each can unlock. We NEED your help. For the sake of our worlds, and yours."

Lil' Schu
August 1st, 2005, 09:05 PM
"Actually, it was only recently that your world aligned with Sylvarant. If whatever is causing trouble here realizes that, it might very well attack your world as well. As for your other questions, I brought you here through the power of the Summon Spirit, Origin, and I'm pretty sure you all connected with a Summon Spirit while you were resting." Sheena said this to the group as if it were something that happened everyday.

Huh. Imagine that. After I beat Undine, I'm here. That can't be a coincidence. The seventeen-year-old stood up and brought herself to her full height of 5'10".

"Sheena..." Lauren looked at the young chieftess. She had a sincere look on her face, one of desperation and sorrow.

"Okay. I'll help you. Just let me get the hang of this staff..." At this, the girl picked up the wooden staff and began to twirl it around as if it were a baton. The staff unsuprisingly, hit her on top of the head, as if telling her "This isn't the way I'm supposed to be used!".

"Ah, um...oops."

Mari
August 2nd, 2005, 12:44 AM
Sayuri was quiet during Sheena's speech and as the others'showed their excitement. She decided it was best to simply follow whatever anyone decides. After all, if it was possible that girl really was the summoner, Sheena Fujibayashi, not a cosplayer or something, she had nothing to worry about. Besides, she was really thrilled just being in Sylvarant. She really adored the game, and she couldn't wish for anything better to happen right now.

She did understood that she needed to be worried, though; Sheena had just stated that their world might be in grave danger. Still, she couldn't help herself. Being able to meet knew people also made her extra jolly.

"Oh, oh, I'm Sayuri!" She exclaimed in a childlike manner, waving at everyone in the room with her. "Hello!"

"and I'm pretty sure you all connected with a Summon Spirit while you were resting."

"Oh, so that girl in my dream. It really was Luna." She thought out loud, smiling. She then glanced up at Sheena and raised her hand, as if in a school, trying to get the teacher's attention. "I want to help too, if I can, Sheena-nee-chan!"

Raichu Master
August 2nd, 2005, 06:19 PM
"Well that's all fine and dandy that I have, what you call, great powers. But it's DORMANT!" Jeremy retorted, getting alittle hot under the collar at how coolly Sheena was handling this whole situation. "I'm a street rat. What are the chances that these powers will ever surface?"

After thinking for a moment, but just a moment, Jeremy foolishly continued his rant, "So you figured you'd just throw us into your world, and shove us in the face of danger without any proper training? There are a ton of karate master's and other weapons specialist in the world, why not call them!? We're JUST kids for crying out loud! So you're saying that only a handful of kids can save both worlds, and the joint armies of the world couldn't!? I find that very highly unlikely, and quite frankly this is a very poor put together plan," With that being said, Jeremy gave one last snort to signal he was done talking and went into a corner to listen and see if Sheena had thought this out better than he thought.

Miyu-chan
August 2nd, 2005, 07:33 PM
"Actually, it was only recently that your world aligned with Sylvarant." Sheena continued, "If whatever is causing trouble here realizes that, it might very well attack your world as well. As for your other questions, I brought you here through the power of the Summon Spirit, Origin, and I'm pretty sure you all connected with a Summon Spirit while you were resting."

Yoshiko clasped her hand to her mouth in shock. She did not believe that... this will happen. The summon spirt in her dream - really was Celcius? Then she looked down on the long sword, it's blade glinting slightly. As Sheena spoke once more, Yoshiko looked up, her expression unclear.

"Also, I know you are unfamiliar with these weapons, but you have a great power dormant inside you that you each can unlock. We NEED your help. For the sake of our worlds, and yours."

Yoshiko stood up, clutching the hilt in her hand. If one observed closly enough, they'll see that her knuckles were white, her face set with determination.

"I'll do it." she said softly, but with steel hard determination. As she tried to stuff the sword back into its sheath, the sword made contact with her skin, drawing a bit of blood.

"Oops." she said. If sweatdrops existed, there was a big fat one on her head right now.

Kurosaki
August 2nd, 2005, 07:44 PM
"You're annoyingly negative..." I muttered to the 'street rat' coldly as I threw a wooden bow over my shoulder, and placed a sack on my back that contained 5 arrows. "Well, whatever, I'm in, as it seems to be the only way home, correct?" I asked, directing my question at Sheena as I sat cross-legged on the ground.

"Actually, yeah. I lack the power to send you back right now, and I didn't select you, Origin did." Sheena replied. "Why he chose some of you'll I'll never know..." She then muttered to herself, glancing at the 'street rat.'

Raichu Master
August 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
OOC: Sorry Dave! If my character is going to be a problem...I can always change him into something alittle more fun loving, just thought something different needed to be added into the mix.

IC: "Well at least I'm the only realist here. I've lived off the streets long enough to know, that it takes a whole lot of cunning to make it without nothing. Basically we have nothing, and some 'Origin' chose us, and yet we don't have the means neccessary to do what needs to be accomplish," Jeremy argued in a very intellectual tone, if it was a battle of words they wanted, then Jeremy would gladly give it to them.

Jeremy let what he said hopefully sink into the others and then continued after a long drawn out sigh, "You're not answering my questions. HOW are we supposed to learn how to fight? HOW do we unlock these powers? WHY are you wasting time with this useless blabber about the past, and how some of your friends got kidnapped because they weren't powerful enough when we should be out there saving the worlds?" By this time Jeremy was red in the face and breathing uneasily.

"And I really could careless about this 'origin' you're talking about! All I care about is saving my own butt and the world that I came from. If I have to save this world in the process then so be it," Jeremy added as he threw his weapon down on the ground disdainfully, hating every part of what it was supposed to represent. "I'm done now. I've voice my opinion, and obviously no one here listens to the voice of reason, so lead the way 'oh powerful Sheena'!"

Kurosaki
August 2nd, 2005, 08:27 PM
OOC: No, it's fine, gives my character someone to dislike at first :P XD

IC: "Your Summon Spirit will help you learn to fight. Don't doubt their powers." Sheena said as she walked over to the doorway. "They will also help you unlock your powers over time. Don't try and rush it, or you could destroy your body."

"Also." I said as I stood up and headed towards the door. "How do you expect to do anything without understanding the past of this world. Go out there and fight with only the knowledge you have right now. I dare you." And with that, I exited the building, and stood outside. I needed some fresh air, and that guy really got on my nerves.

Raichu Master
August 2nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
OOC: It seems Jeremy isn't very fond of your character either. XD

IC: "Very well then, that give me more incentive to ignore you," Jeremy spat bitterly as he moved not one muscle in the direction of the door, prefering to close his eyes and contemplate on how naive everyone seemed to be.

Slowly bending down to pick up his weapon, Jeremy tried to advert his gaze from the others as he moved into the same dark corner of the room, hoping to be forgotten for the time being, so he had time to think to himself without being interupted by any outside opinions.

Miyu-chan
August 2nd, 2005, 08:52 PM
Yoshiko glanced nervously between Sheena, Jeremy, and the doorway.

Hesitating a bit, she walked over to the corner where Jeremy retreated. "Excuse me," she began, her hazel eyes clouded with worry, "Are you okay? You seem a bit... disturbed." she finished, half-expecting some kind of venomous rebuke.

She then shifted her weight onto her left foot, rubbing the scar where her sword grazed her.

Raichu Master
August 2nd, 2005, 08:59 PM
Jeremy chuckled silently to himself, 'disturbed is one way to put it...'

"I'll be fine, I just need to think," Jeremy sighed as he shifted his weight between his feet uncomfortably. Then he looked up at the girl and noticed the cut, "But you're injured. Are you going to be ok? How deep is that cut of yours?" Jeremy said as he made a move to help her, but decided against it for the moment. "You might want to get that cleaned up before it gets worse," he half stuttered, trying to ind any words that wouldn't make him sound any more crul than he already was.

Miyu-chan
August 2nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
Jeremy chuckled silently to himself, 'disturbed is one way to put it...'

"I'll be fine, I just need to think," Jeremy sighed. Yoshiko, nodding - stepped back slightly. But then, to her surprise, he looked up at her wound. "But you're injured. Are you going to be ok? How deep is that cut of yours?" Yoshiko just stood there for a moment, trying to decide on which question to answer first, but just then he stopped, finishing it with - "You might want to get that cleaned up before it gets worse,"

Yoshiko blinked in surprise, then finally breaking out in a wide smile. "Thank you, you're very kind." She rushed over to her belongings, ripping off some of the cloth, then wrapping it around snugly on her wrist.

Kurosaki
August 2nd, 2005, 11:04 PM
Meanwhile, in a hidden cavern located deep in Ymir Forest...

"Perfect!" A young boy with blonde hair exclaimed as he opened a large, black, chest. "Who knew that the keys to the revival of Abyssion we're located here all along. I should've known those foolish elves would've hidden the Devil's Arms here."

"You two!" The boy shouted as he pointed his finger at two angelic beings, each of which held a blade in each hand. "Take the chest and it's contents back to Derris Kharlan! With Kratos long gone, there is nothing to defend it, and it has drawn near once more thanks to "his" power." The two 'angels' nodded, and grabbed hold of the chest, before disappearing into thin air.

"Perfect, now that Kratos and his son are out of the way, my plans should succeed this time. I WILL create a world without discrimination, just as my sister wished!"

Shadowfaith
August 3rd, 2005, 02:50 AM
Rei was to busy rolling the twin blades around in both her hands to notice what was going on around her. She pocked at the leather holster and gazed in bewilderment at the cold steel. This was awesome, her own weaponand what was weirder was the fact that she had felt like she had been using twin blades ever since she was youngbut something kept her from her true powers.

-Summon Spirits

This caught her attention and her head rose in the direction of Sheena Summon Spirits. I had a dream about one of those onceI couldnt properly make it out, but there were three of them, so it had to be Sylph She zoned out and began to mutter to herself Kinda weird really because I had just defeated Sylph on the game when had that dream

She shrugged and looked up at Sheena So are we going or what, this is getting boring and I really, really want to try these out She said with a grin as she rose the two twin blades and waved them back and forth I could be the next Lloyd! She grinned triumphantly, raising to her feet and walking to the door Anything else you wanna share with us?

Kurosaki
August 3rd, 2005, 03:02 AM
"No, nothing else. But I think you guys should get going to Triet." Sheena replied as she motioned everyone towards the exit. "I'm getting a bad feeling." She then began to lead us to the South exit, which pointed in the direction of Triet, a desert could be seen in the distance.

Before sending us on our way, she each gave us an orb with a symbol engraved in it. "These are exspheres. Lloyd had thrown most of them into the sea, but kept these nine as they were infused with Summon Spirit energy, and he thought someone, somewhere, may need them in the future. Following this, she showed us how to attatch them, and I was left staring at the purple orb attactched to my hand before departure.

OOC: Your exsphere should be a colour representing your Summon Spirit.

Lil' Schu
August 3rd, 2005, 06:23 AM
OOC: Ah, swheet, a blue ExSphere. =D And I missed alot. =\

Lauren stood up and grabbed her sapphire staff. Sheena was up by the exit to the sod room. "No, nothing else. But I think you guys should get going to Triet." Before showing each of us out the door, Sheena showed each a small orb that was called an Exsphere. She offered a small explanation on how to attach them; then Lauren went out the door, grabbing what meager belongings she had with her. After she was through the door, Lauren attached her blue Exsphere, staring at it for a while, having it glisten in the sunlight.

Maybe I should get to know some of these people. Wouldn't hurt, would it? After all, I'm going to be spending a whole bunch of time with them. Lauren walked up to a somewhat tall boy with light brown hair.

"Hey. D'you want to talk or something? It isn't going to be much fun walking to Triet on our own, after all."

Mari
August 3rd, 2005, 09:29 AM
"These are exspheres. Lloyd had thrown most of them into the sea, but kept these nine as they were infused with Summon Spirit energy, and he thought someone, somewhere, may need them in the future."

Sayuri couldn't find words to express her very ecstatic state; she would practically be bounding off the walls right now. First off, she gets to go on an adventure. She had always dreamed of that, especially a significant one where, where it would help countless of people. She was also really enthusiastic to travel with all the other people with her. She loved making friends! And she was rather curious of how exspheres worked.

Grinning widely like an idiot, she rushed to Sheena, thanking her for the green exsphere she received. She quickly attached it to herself, staring at it momentarily, and then glanced at the one's inside the room with her.

She had noticed most had their weapons. Twin blades, a staff, a bow. She thought for a while, wondering how she could help, then grinned. Sheena-nee-chan has the most perfect timing! She thought blissfully, running to where she had awoken, moments ago.

"Yaaay!" She exclaimed happily, picking up two round objects wrapped in a blanket. She had just remembered that before she was summoned to Sylvarant, her grandmother was showing her a chakram that belonged to the great great grandmother of her great great great grandmother. "Now I have a weapon, too!"

Granted, she had no idea how to fight with a chakram, but she persisted that she simply had to practice. Maybe the exsphere would help her with that.

Raichu Master
August 3rd, 2005, 11:15 AM
Jeremy shrugged the young lady's comment about him being kind away. He wasn't often told that, often he was told opposite words, so it was nice to be referred to kind. he soon found himself outside with the others also standing there with an orb in his hands, this time his was a scarlet color.

"And so...these give us our powers? I mean help us unlock our powers and to learn to fight?" Jeremy asked in an almost criticizing voice if it wasn't for the fact that he felt some strange power now dwelling in him as he attached the exosphere.

Kurosaki
August 3rd, 2005, 07:11 PM
"The exspheres give you power, but you aren't invincible. Don't forget that." Sheena warned before leaving for the village in which she came. I then spun around and stared out towards the prairie in front of us, Triet Desert barely noticible in the distance.

"Shall we start going, or what?" I asked the group anxiously. I was starting to get bored.

Miyu-chan
August 4th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Yoshiko looked down on the exsphere embedded in her skin. It was an aqua-white, the colors reminded of the toothpaste back home.

Suddenly, a wave of homesickness washed upon her, and she struggled to keep these emotions at bay. Struggling alittle, she won the battle - but the silliness of the situation bought a smile to her face.

It's such a marvel how my thoughts can wander... she thought to herself.

"Shall we start going, or what?" the boy asked the group anxiously.

"Sure!" Yoshiko said hastly, brandasing her sword.

Raichu Master
August 4th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Jeremy looked dully at his blade, which was still sheathed and resting at his hip, still unsure whether he wanted to do this or not. "As if I really have a choice," Jeremy muttered as he crossed his arms and pretended to lean on an invisible wall.

The power coarsing through him did feel wonderful, and he did feel temperarily invincible as he stood there looking out into the fields in front of him. "Do you even know how to get to were we're supposed to be going?" Jeremy asked suddenly to the boy he seemed to already make enemies with. "Or do we get a map?"

Mari
August 4th, 2005, 04:40 PM
"Shall we start going, or what?" The boy inquired in a rather anxious tone. Ennui seemed to be present across his face, as well.

"Yaaaaay!" She exclaimed, completely thrilled to begin. She grinned widely, walking alongside a girl, Yoshiko. Seeing her wield her sword, Sayuri carefully glanced at the two chakrams she grasped tightly. She needed to learn how to use it, or she might end up being a burden to the othersagain. Replacing her thoughts with more positive ones', Sayuri smiled widely at the girl, waving a hello.

She really liked her. Granted, she knew not to judge a person so quickly, but she could see kindness all over her. She also liked that she was friendly with the others. Silently, she wished that the two boys fighting a while ago could be at least act more like allies and less like foes.

If it was exactly like the game, there should be a large number of enemies about...say, everywhere. If those two continue arguing, they might not work well together. But, of course, that could simply be her vivid imagination.

Shadowfaith
August 5th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Rei was the first out of the door as Sheena began to push them towards the exit. She had been eager to start this adventure ever since she had laid eyes upon Sheenasomeone she knew through the game, but didnt know personallywhich was weird in her opinion because she had neither seen her in real life nor spoken to herbut she knew exactly what she was like.

Looking around the village, she saw that the large group that had pored from the door of the small hut had attracted much attention. She grinned sheepishly at the onlookers and turned her head over her shoulder at the rest of the group she was to be working withshe had never met them in her life.

Pushing the thought to the side, she turned her gaze upon the green stone in her palm; she had not yet attached the exsphere she had been given earlier. It was a very pale green and shone with an aura that intrigued Reithe power of the summon spirit of air.

Turning it around once in her palm she attached it without further question, this emitted a rather peculiar feeling in her veins, it neither hurt, nor was pleasantit wasstrange to put it simplya feeling she had never before felt.

Sighing, she detached her gaze from the orb and turned her attention to the speck in the distanceif she didnt know any bettershe could have sworn it was Triet desert, she never knew that the people of Mizuho had built their village so close to the Desert oasis.

Souhwhat happens when we reach the oasis, you leaving us or something? I meanwe dont even know what we have to do Rei said in a rather confused state.

Lil' Schu
August 5th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Souhwhat happens when we reach the oasis, you leaving us or something? I meanwe dont even know what we have to do, the twinswordsman said faintly over Lauren's shoulder.

'She does have a faai point. How are we supposed to know what to do? It's not like we have a synopsis option.' Lauren chuckled a bit at the thought.

Turning to the girl who'd asked the question, she simply said, "Well, I guess we just follow our instinct." Muttering so only the girl could hear her, "Like that's going to help much..."

Lauren turned back around and jogged to catch up with the rest of the group. There were quite a few people around her age, one a bit younger, and one couldn't have been older than thirteen.

"Well, I guess we're going to save the world, or die trying."

Kurosaki
August 5th, 2005, 10:02 AM
"We look for information in Triet obviously." I sighed as I swung a piece of parchment over my shoulder. It was a map I had swiped off the desk in the room we awoke in. "She wouldn't of pointed us to Triet of she didn't think we'd learn anything helpful there. Also, I agree that it's a little too quiet out here in the open." They WERE right. In the game, monsters crawled everywhere. Right now however, you'd think such beasts never roamed the land. "My name's David by the way." I said randomly, realizing I hadn't provided my name earlier.

Miyu-chan
August 5th, 2005, 01:48 PM
So - they set out on their journey. Yoshiko found herself walking next to a Sayuri, who wielded two chakrams. She smiled at Yoshiko, and Yoshiko smiled back happily.

Sayuri reminded her of Colette - the character in the game who wielded chakrams also. They both seemed happy and cheerful... also optimistic. Yoshiko then looked at her exsphere.

"Well, I guess we're going to save the world, or die trying." Lauren supplied.

"I think that we can do it." Yoshiko said optimistically, while looked at the field. Well, at least the monsters don't look like blobs and legs here... she thought wryly.

Raichu Master
August 5th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Jeremy gripped his hands into a fist so tight all 8 knuckles cracked loudly all at one time. Why hadn't he thought of that? He was the thief here, he should have been the first to notice and retrieve the map! Jeremy found that this David guy was getting on more on his nerves by the second. It felt like a monster inside of him had awaken and was growling loudly at the boy infront of him.

He huffed and then crossed his arms, "How do we know that we can trust this Sheena girl? That was a game, this apparently isn't. Besides what I can remember of the game, there are a ton of plot twist."

"Besides if this wasn't a trap, wouldn't you think that the enemy would come swarming down right about now? It's kind of obvious that we're here, and you can't possibly tell me that they don't know we're out to get them," Jeremy said, who was always the pesimist.

Mari
August 5th, 2005, 04:10 PM
"Yup, yup~! We can do it!" Sayuri exclaimed as ecstatically as ever. "Everyone here looks really really strong! We shouldn't have any problems!"

She perceived that since they had began their journey almost everyone seemed to have gathered all their negative thoughts. She sighed inwardly. She disliked seeing anyone like that. I guess it is true, that we don't know where our destination is, but still. She thought, glancing at everyone in the group. It might be wrong for us to start fearing what hasn't occurred.

Shaking her thoughts away, Sayuri listened obediently as Jeremy spoke. She pouted a little. Although what he was saying did have a possibility of happening, she was a bit dismayed that he said it out loud, to the others. She wouldn't be able to stand it if their mood would worsen!

"How do we know that we can trust this Sheena girl? That was a game, this apparently isn't. Besides what I can remember of the game, there are a ton of plot twist."

"But," She cried, desperately trying to be of help to lighten the mood. "Sheena isn't a bad guy. In the game, they even said that she was really honest. There's no way she could deceive us!"

"Besides if this wasn't a trap, wouldn't you think that the enemy would come swarming down right about now? It's kind of obvious that we're not here, and you can't possibly tell me that they don't know we're out to get them,"

"And, um, maybe the monsters just aren't in the mood to fight? Maybe they'll come swarming on us later?" Even though she knew they wouldn't listen, she just had to try. There was an explanation for everything taking place, they just needed to know what.

Kurosaki
August 6th, 2005, 08:24 AM
"They're unsure of whether we're a threat or not..." I muttered, still looking ahead. It was getting hotter the closer we got to the desert. "Though I do feel like we're being watched for somereason, but the land is flat here, and I can't see anything that could be."

"Also, you can trust Sheena, or not, it's your decision." I sighed at Jeremy. Someone needed to stop being so pessimistic...

Raichu Master
August 6th, 2005, 10:44 AM
"That's a loud of rubbish. Then the enemy is dumber than I thought," Jeremy protested as he waited for the group to move, better on the move than wait for them to come swarming down on them.

"It's stupid to rely on the game to determine what people are like. This isn't a game. The game was created by humans, who could disrupt and distort as the see fit to make it into something better. This is obviously an alternate deminsion to our own. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't trust anyone in this world," Jeremy spat not taking his gaze off David.

"Are we going to stand here and wait to be ambushed? Or are we going to get on with this thing? Best to figure out if this is like the game or the direct opposite by 'playing' along, if you will," Jeremy sighed, not wanting to take command, that was for David. At least that was what Jeremy thought, since he has been the director of this little circus thus far.

'Well I guess I should at least start by gaining a bit of trust...' Jeremy thought as he turned back to David. Forcing, and I mean really forcing, a smile on his face, however fake it looked, Jeremy could say he was making an effort, and said, "Alright, leader, you going to start leading?"

Lil' Schu
August 6th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Lauren glanced at the peppy girl with the chakrams -- Sayuri, if she remembered right. It reminded her of Colette, the Chosen of Regeneration in the game. It was almost exactly alike: The chakrams, the peppyness, the optimisticness. The only thing missing was the wings.

She shifted her attention to the two boys up front. Jeremy, the pessimistic one, and the other, who hadn't supplied his name. Jeremy was putting on a big fake smile, as if he were trying to impress the 'leader.' Lauren laughed a little at the scene. The leader is being grumpy, and Jeremy's being (or at least trying to be) happy!

Kurosaki
August 6th, 2005, 04:52 PM
"Please don't call me that." I said to Jeremy, and almost fell over laughing when I saw the "smile" on his face. I didn't want to be a leader, I hated leadership. While thinking of this, I tripped over a root sticking out of the dry ground, and fell flat on my face into the soil deprived of nutrition. "Ow, ow, ow." I muttered to myself as I sat back up from my position and placed my hand over my right eye. a few grains of sand has entered my eye, and the hurt a bit. They'd fall out eventually though...

Raichu Master
August 6th, 2005, 07:34 PM
OOC: Character's name is jeremy. XD

IC: "Fine then," Jeremy sighed as he took the map from David. "I can't lead, I've never heard of these places. I suppose we should just head to Triet, if this is a trap, then I can say I told you so. If this isn't a trap...well then, I might need to reconsider everything that I've said thus far."

Jeremy then felt another wave of anger hit him as David burst into laughter at Jeremy trying to not be so pesimistic, and the smile he was trying to force. Then gave a loud sigh at how clumsy David was. "Maybe I should put my sword to use right now," Jeremy muttered as he looked at the hilt of his sword. He was indeed being sarcastic, but his voice betrayed him and he sounded like he actually wanted to cut David down.

"Well let's get moving," Jeremy said as he rolled the map up and waited for David to get the sand out of his eyes.

Kurosaki
August 6th, 2005, 07:45 PM
OOC: Sorry, I RP with Shiney WAY too much, XD

IC: "Hey, wait? Does anyone hear that?" I asked the group after I caught up. Triet was fairly close now, about a 30 minute walk away, but I heard something similar to thunder coming at us from all directions. There, however, wasn't a cloud in the sky. "I'm getting a bad feeling about this, a VERY bad feeling."

Lil' Schu
August 6th, 2005, 07:57 PM
David was looking heavenward as he said, "I'm getting a bad feeling about this, a VERY bad feeling."

He has a good reason too... For there was the sound of ominous thunder coming towards the group, yet the sky was still sunny and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky.

Lauren did the thing she did best. "Ah, crap." The semi-blonde pulled out her staff as a reflex almost, ready for anything that was going to come near her.

"Well, what are you all waiting for? GET YOUR WEAPONS OUT!" Lauren smiled a bit. She was beginning to sound like Raine, however slightly so.

OOC: That was so fun to write. I love it when people yell. XD

Raichu Master
August 7th, 2005, 04:42 AM
"Actually...I think I'll wait on the weapon thing. I almost killed myself with the think the last time I looked at it. Rather wait a little longer for death," Jeremy said nonchalantly, seeming not to care for the noise. It might be danger, but Jeremy really didn't care, if they were going to fight, better sooner rather than later.

"We have two choices. Make a mad dash for Triet, make there in anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes. Or stay here and wait for whatever is coming," Jeremy said coolly. "Personally I like the running idea, it'll give us time to train, and better prepare. But if you guys want to stay and fight," Jeremy added with a shrug.

Kurosaki
August 7th, 2005, 05:18 PM
"Gah, just shut up already!" I moaned as I hung my head down, before motioning to my bow, and stringing an arrow. "Listen to how close the noise is, do you honestly think we'd have a chance of running now?" In the distance, you could now just barely make out the image of 6 or 7 large purple beasts running towards us. Egg Bears?

Raichu Master
August 7th, 2005, 05:47 PM
"You can't possibly tell me you can't run!" Jeremy asked exasperated. Reluctantly unsheathing his hair-splitting scimitar, he watched it carefully to make sure he didn't cut himself. "Well I guess we make our first stand here then," Jeremy sighed as he noticed no one seemed to agree with him.

Lil' Schu
August 8th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Gah. I overreacted. I never overreact. EVER. Lauren turned over to the two boys who had been fighting, Jeremy and David. The loner, Jermey, had wanted to run. She didn't blame him. After all, maybe not everybody wanted to probably be eaten by these large purple monsters.

Another thought struck Lauren: How were they going to know what to do? They hadn't had any practice...but hadn't Sheena said that they were going to know what to do when the time comes? She readied herself for the fight.

Miyu-chan
August 8th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Yoshiko drew out her sword as well, taking extra care not to let the sharp blade graze her skin again.

"I don't get it... why would monsters want to kill us? Or, if we win... why would they want to die?" she wondered aloud, holding her sword in front of her. "Don't they have family?" Yoshiko tensed up. Suddenly, the idea of fighting didn't appeal much to her.

Kurosaki
August 8th, 2005, 06:13 PM
"I CAN run." I muttered towards Jeremy as I aimed my bow in the direction of the approaching bears. "However, we won't live if we run at this point. Also, they want to attack us because they want to eat is, its simple as that. I then released my arrow, only to have it land 3 feet ahead of me. "Okay, we're gonna have a problem." I sighed as I almost fell over.

Mari
August 8th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Lauren, if she remembered correctly, had called out an order to wield their weapons. Sayuri immediately panicked. Already? But She softly slapped herself. She had always done so whenever a negative thought enters that little head of hers. Everyone was trying really hard, she noticed, even though most weren't as skilled with their weapons as majority expected.

"If everyone is trying hard, then I'll try to~!" She thought out loud, grasping her chakrams tightly. She had observed David attempt to shoot the rather freaky monsters with his bow, but had failed.

Hmm, I wonder if the chakram would come back to me when I throw it. She wondered; it seemed extremely random at the time, but it didn't hurt to know. Gently biting down on her lower lip, she aimed for one of the strange bear and hesitantly threw one of her chakrams.

"Yay, it hit it!"

It didn't seem to do much damage. Scratch that her attack didn't do anything. Worst of all, her chakram didn't return. "Uh-oh."

Lil' Schu
August 9th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Lauren stayed where she was, gripping her staff tightly. David had tried to shoot the purple monsters with his bow, but failed miserably; as did Sayuri. Her chakram had not come back and was now wedged into one of the purple bears.

The teenager sighed. They were going to have a hard time with this after all. Lauren was deep in thought, trying to think of something to help them, anything at all. Didn't Sheena mention something about the Exspheres...that they unlocked our dormant powers?...But how are we going to manage to unlock our dormant powers? We don't know the first thing about this!

There were too many thoughts running around in her head, too many things to do at once. Lauren couldn't help them much, all she had was a staff. Staffs are basically good for bashing stuff, not killing monsters.

Miyu-chan
August 10th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Yoshiko watched, paralyzed in fear as both David and Sayuri failed at using their weapons.

And the bears were getting closer.

"but I don't taste that good!" she shouted suddenly, grasping her sword tightly. Maybe she could do one of those long range attacks - like in the game. What was it called again? she thought, racking her brain for the desired knowledge.

Ah! I got it - "Demon Fang!" she shouted, as she attempted to swing her sword - anticipating the blue flash of light that normally came with the attack.

It never came. All that happened was that Yoshiko succeeded in dropping her sword onto the sand.

Raichu Master
August 10th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Jeremy just stood back and watched the attempts. "This may be a bad time...but I told you so..." he said with a sigh of frustration, not daring to even try and swing his sword. "Well I'm goin' to die at some point I guess...right?" Jeremy said chuckling even though he really found no humor in what he said.

"Here goes nothing..." Jeremy said, running towards the horde. At this point, he really didn't care, he didn't want to die, but what choice? If he was going to die, better get it over with quick.

Holding his breath, the horde came at him quicker than he thought possible. Luckily only one came after him, the rest thinking he was too weak for them to even consider. Then another joined. "Better get this over with before more decide to gather..." Jeremy said and said one last prayer, he never said a prayer, didn't know how, but he said one anyway.

Then it happened, his body went in motion before his thoughts could catch up. Slashing downward, at the bear, he was surprise he didn't kill himself, but actually hit the bear. But then one huge arm came down on him before he could roll out of the way, knocking him hard to the ground.

Then it lunged at him, Jeremy had just enough time to scramble out of the way at the bear before it came down hard. Jeremy, fearing for his life, stabbed his scimitar quickly into the monsters head, sending the blade right through it's brain.

Before Jeremy could have anytime to stare at what he did, he was forced to duck be it's partner and then he did something he thought he would never due, he jumped back into a backflip, and moved into a defensive position.

OOC: MEGA CORNY! But figured...had to start somewhere... XD

Lil' Schu
August 10th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Lauren stared at Jeremy. He had just killed a couple of the egg bears quite easily. And he didn't even think about it.

"Well, I guess we just kinda go with the flow, eh? Alright then..." She concentrated on casting a healing spell on Jeremy. Energy began flowing through her body.

"Here! First Aid!"

Lauren couldn't believe it. She'd done a spell, a real spell. And it actually worked (or at least she thought it did)!

The seventeen-year-old was so elated, she didn't see the monster coming behind her.

Or at least until it made itself known. With a deafening roar, the bear advanced on her. Lauren turned around to see it about one yard away from her.

Lauren paled. "Crap!"

Without realizing what she was doing, the blonde ducked and ran underneath the purple monster. This effectively confused it for a minute, and Lauren started whacking it with the monster her staff. Unforunately, this also re-caught the attention of the thing, and it swiped its abnormally sized paw at her. The girl instinctively did a sideroll to avoid being caught and brought herself into the guarding position.

Lauren looked at the others, minus Jeremy. "A little help would be nice!"

Kurosaki
August 10th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Before Jeremy could have anytime to stare at what he did, he was forced to duck be it's partner and then he did something he thought he would never due, he jumped back into a backflip, and moved into a defensive position.

OOC: MEGA CORNY! But figured...had to start somewhere... XD
OOC: A backflip MAY be overdoing it, but meh, it magically happens in the game... I swear they could be pro gymnists, XD

IC: "Okay, lets try this again!" I said to myself as a strung another arrow, only to get an uppercut from one of the Egg Bears, which sent me flying high into the air. Somehow... SOMEHOW I manged to recover, as well as launch my arrow in mid-air, the arrow embedding itself in the head of the Egg Bear that had attacked me. Of course, something had to go wrong, and it did, as I ended up landing head first in the sand below.

As I removed my head from the sand, I had a "lets not try that again" look on my face, before finding an Egg Bear approaching. From such a close range, I'd never be able to attack in time!

Raichu Master
August 10th, 2005, 06:12 PM
OOC: I'm glad I'm not the only one whose had that thought! XD

All games have a cheesy element! Maybe no more backflips for a while though...although my theif can run on walls...*looks at RP Sample*...but no backflips...*sigh*

IC: Jeremy saw the others in trouble, but couldn't do anything to help them, he had two other bears coming at him, minus one, which still had his blade lodged in his skull. He didn't have time to retrieve it now, the only thing he could do now...was run!

Finding it easier to move, thanks to a healing spell cast on him, he was still easily out ran by the two egg bears that were in hot persuit. Ducking the swing of both of the egg bears, who seemed to attack him at the same exact time. Jeremy rolled passed them and made a break for his sword.

Grabbing it and with a quick twist of his wrist, freed it from it's dead pedastal. Jeremy spun around in time to block an oncoming attack from the bear on the right, the one of the left quickly flanked Jeremy and started towards him. The bear who he blocked was now leaning on his blade, seemingly unaffected by the blade. Jeremy waited for the one who was thinking to out flank him to come nearer, then he let the weight of the bear take him to the ground. The bear soon followed, and almost landed on top of him, if his clumsy partner didn't run into him.

"Now..." a voice inside his head said as he stabbed his scimitar into the belly of the brute who tackled his partner. Falling quite dead on his partner, Jeremy scrabbled to his feet and lodged his blade in the head of the downed egg bear.

All was going perfect for Jeremy until he dashed to help the others. He quickly found himself tripping over a rather large rock and rolled into an Egg bear, which in turn, turned around and attempted to set on Jeremy, planning to crush Jeremy's little bones.

Lil' Schu
August 10th, 2005, 07:06 PM
OOC: They DO do backflips early in the game, if you know how to push X when you get knocked in the air, so I don't think it's extreme...much. XD

Oh, and btw, David made up the spell I use, so if it sounds corny, blame him, not me, m'kay? ;3

BIC: The blonde was scared; two of her companions were extremely close to death. She didn't know who to save: David, with his incoming bear, or Jeremy, with the monster planning to crush Jeremy. Lauren wasn't in any better of a position, with yet another egg bear advancing on her, getting closer every second. She decided to ignore her egg bear for now; she could easily avoid her bear, but the other two could not.

Lauren ran full speed twoards the bear and ducked to sprint underneath its legs. The teen began focusing her enegry for yet another spell, this time an offensive one. She felt the familiar surges of enegry, and then a strange new thing happened -- her sapphire on the end of her staff started glowing.

Okay, I can deal with that. Then, as if someone else were speaking for her, strange words came out of her mouth.

"Ready? Light star!" Three small balls of radiant light exploaded from the end of her staff. Two of them headed towards David, the other headed towards -- you guessed it -- Jeremy. The spheres collided with the bears, temporarily stunning them. Lauren only hoped the boys would move out of the way.

She shot a quick glance at the others, who were standing aimlessly away from the fight. Lauren rolled her eyes at them. If they weren't going to fight and get to 'know' their abilities, so help it. Their loss.

Kurosaki
August 10th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I waved over to Lauren as she saved me, and quickly moved out of the bears way, and instinctively moving so I was aligned with the Egg Bear attacking me, as well as the one attacking Jeremy. Little did I know that by this time, I had already strung another bow, aimed at the two, and a strange group of red symbols in a circle had formed underneath me. I felt like I was taking energy from the atmosphere, and it was flowing through my hands and into my arrow. I watched in amazement as my arrow went up in flames, but didn't burn me, nor did the fire eat at my arrow. "I'll give it a shot! Flaming Arrow!" I called as I launched the arrow, which pierced both foes.

Raichu Master
August 10th, 2005, 07:21 PM
OOC: Wow...we just keep getting cheesier and cheesier as the battle goes on! XD

It's been so long since I've played ToS...I don't think I can come up with anything cheesier right now...but trust me...I'll dream on it! XD

IC: Jeremy took this time to cut down the egg bear in front of him. Without missing a beat, Jeremy lunged into the next Egg bear, well actually jumped on it, and cut into the monster's back as it started thrashing about. Being bucked off, Jeremy successfully killed it, but got smashed in the ribs in mid flight by a lucky shot from a nearby bear.

"This can't get any worse," Jeremy muttered to himself as he tried to catch his breath after he got the wind knocked out of him. Jumping to his feet, just intime before a egg bear can trample him, he made a mad dash for the rest of the group.

Lil' Schu
August 10th, 2005, 07:55 PM
OOC: It only sounds corny 'cause it looks better on TV...o_o; Meh...we are the heroes, we have to be corny a little bit. XD

IC: Lauren rushed farther away from the sand. If she was going to cast a spell, she needed to have quite a bit of concentration, and being in the middle of a fight didn't count as that.

The girl also noticed that Jeremy had landed hard on his ribs. "Nothing a little healing spell can't fix," she muttered, and began focusing for a First Aid spell. It wasn't easy though, and the ruckus in the battle didn't help either. "Concentrate..." Lauren felt the comforting wave of energy run throughout her body.

"Here! First Aid!" She sincerely hoped it helped ease the pain a bit.

The seventeen-year-old blonde was jogging back into the fray when a large furry purple paw scopped her up. Lauren screamed like her life depended on it -- and it probably did.

Mari
August 11th, 2005, 09:11 AM
//ooc: Oh, oh, I have a question! Whenever you guys are going to cast a Tech attack, do you have to say something first, you know like; "Wanna charge?" then "Thunder Blade//Spark wave? X33;

Yeah, me ish just curious...or probably so hyper~ish that I can't think properly anymore. X3

//ic: "You guys are amazing! Super amazing!"

Flabbergasted at the sight of the trio who had managed to work out their weapons and such, Sayuri beamed. If they're doing there best, then I should too! Earning more self-confidence of her ability, Sayuri hastily lunged at the monster keeping hold of her other chakram. She immediately pulled it out, and was now prepared to attack. She was still a tad worried that she might fail again, but she decided that if she didn't have any skill at all, then she could deal with it later. Right now, she simply must fightand win, of course.

Just then, Lauren had screamed. A bear had caught her in its paw; and she seemed really hurt.

Panicking, she threw the chakram she had taken back and aimed for the assailant's arm. She had hoped that she threw it with enough force that it would drop Lauren at contact. But, instead, she had somehow chopped the bear's hand off. The chakram then came back to her hand, like a boomerang!

"Yay~!" She cheered, slightly believing that she might actually get better at fighting. She then rushed to Lauren's side, worried at her injuries. She knew that she could heal herself later on, but she was still really worried. "Are you alright?"

She cast a quickl glance at the remaining monsters; albeit she was really really happy at her progress, she managed a quiet apology to the bear that lost its arm because of her. Okay, she understood that it was their enemy and that they have ruthlessly attacked them, but still.

Kurosaki
August 11th, 2005, 09:14 AM
OOC: Yeah Mari, only if its a Spell Tech however, XD For the sake of finishing this battle, lets say there are two left... XD

Lil' Schu
August 11th, 2005, 04:55 PM
OOC: Mari, you are hilarous! The apology...classic <3

By the way...can we have secret techs later on, like Rising Falcon, Holy Judgment, and such?

IC: Lauren wiggled in the bear's grasp. It had already crushed her left arm (which, thankfully, is not her dominant arm). Fast as light, a small round chakram came around and sliced the bear's arm off, causing her to fall approximately 7 feet on the ground. It didn't matter to her, she could always heal the broken bones and such.

Sayuri dashed over to Lauren's side to check on her. "Are you alright?"

Lauren fought back the pain she felt and managed to smile a little. "Yeah. Thanks, Sayuri. You really did well back there. And you saved my life. I owe you one." She brought herself to a standing posistion and began charging a healing spell. The blonde sincerely hoped that there would be no more distractions this time.

Miyu-chan
August 11th, 2005, 07:31 PM
OOC: Err... are the bears gone now? xD;;;

Yoshiko watched by the sidelines, clutching the hilt of her sword.

"Wow..." she whispered in awe.

But inside, she felt at unease. Was she now a burdan to the group, unable to unlock her 'ablities'? I have to try anyways... she thought nervously, biting her lip. She rushed over to the remaining bear and slashed at it, in a 6-hit combo.

"one...two... three...four...five...six..." she mumbled under her breath after each slash. However, after the sixth attack, she paused to catch her breath, forgetting to assume a guarding position. The bear, seeing thus, slahed her arm open, blood gushing out from under her school uniform.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered as she limped painfully back to the sidelines. Sorry that she wasn't able to help, sorry that she hurt the bear... and to herself.

Kurosaki
August 12th, 2005, 08:28 PM
OOC: Those should be all, XD

IC: "Phew, finally, they're all gone." I moaned as I collapsed onto my back, gaining a shirt full of sand. "So, we're almost at Triet. Wanna finish our little hike and spend the night there? Mingle a little? Get to know each other? Cause it seems like a long journey ahead!" Of course, I couldn't tell them what else I saw in my dream before our arrival here, or what I had agreed to do.

Shadowfaith
August 12th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Rei yawned as she came from being a large tree and into the opening where she knew the gang to be. She had heard a whole lot of commotion coming from the direction of the camp and decided to back track on her exploration near by and find out what had been going on. Their arguing already? We havent been gone five minutes

But what she saw was no argument. Blood splattered the floor and limbs were scattered in all direction, blood poring from the open gashes and small cuts. Bears? Rei tilted her head to the side and observed the scene before her. Many Bear lay sprawled upon the ground in rather disheartening positions which made Reis stomach turn.

The gang on the other hand, was in slightly better condition, with only cuts and bruises to show for the earlier battle. Some were checking up on others where as the others quarter was quiet and uncaring of the event. Rei on the other handwas confused.

Ummwhat just happened here She asked, a quizzical look upon her face accompanied by what seemed to be a blush All I did was go and explore our surroundingsyou knowto make sure we were safe She took a look at the multiple bares and grinned sheepishly, letting out a nervous laugh Guess we werent, eh?

Her head lowered in an apologetic motion, and she muttered from between clenched teeth SorryI guessI should have been here to help or something, she shrugged I dunnowI guess my curiosity got the better of meafter all, its not usually I get to explore such a wonderful place

Granted, she felt like a fool for missing out on this first battle all because she felt the need to explore and furthermore, she felt guilt for leaving her companions to fight off danger. The battlefield was quiet in till one of the boys moaned and collapsed onto the ground below; this caused Reis head to leaver upwards and observe him.

"Phew, finally, they're all gone. So, we're almost at Triet. Wanna finish our little hike and spend the night there? Mingle a little? Get to know each other? Cause it seems like a long journey ahead!" He had so many questionshe appearedwas that nervousnesseagerness? Rei couldnt tell, but he seemed a little to up in the air about the whole ordeal, he had nearly been eaten by a bear and he acted as if nothing major had really happened.

Raichu Master
August 13th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Sheathing his scimitar, Jeremy just laughed, and not in a very nice way; taunting the downed boy for his exhaustion. "You can't be tellin' me yer tired now!"

Jeremy shut up there, when he mentioned getting to know everybody. Fear struck, Jeremy coughed to hide his sudden weakness and then said, "There's nothing to know about me."

He then walked off in the direction of Triet, with or without anyone following him. He wasn't going to let this group of people know that he was a theif, although it was quite evident from the ramshackle rags he called clothes. 'Besides. What's so important about getting to know someone?' his voice hissed in his mind as he stomped off.

Miyu-chan
August 13th, 2005, 10:33 AM
"So, we're almost at Triet. Wanna finish our little hike and spend the night there? Mingle a little? Get to know each other? Cause it seems like a long journey ahead!"

"That'll be great!" Yoshiko exclamed, enthuiastically. She finished the final touches on her wounded arm, wrapping her ribbon around it to stop the bleeding. She'll really like to get to know them better - besides, Teamwork comes from building trust, and how were they going to build trust if they don't even know each other?

"There's nothing to know about me." Jeremy said suddenly, stomping over to Triet. Yoshiko looked on, her brow furrowed. Maybe all he needs is a listening ear... she thought worringly. Without a pause, she scurried after him.

Raichu Master
August 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Jeremy turned his head as he heard someone following him. It appeared to him that the girl he had helped earlier that day was trying to catch up. Curious, but feeling a distinct warning in his mind, Jeremy stopped in his tracks and waited for the girl to catch up, looking back to see if the others had came to their senses and were moving out also.

"Yoshiko, right?" Jeremy said, it was his way of greeting, but he wasn't sure if she would catch on or not.

Miyu-chan
August 13th, 2005, 03:41 PM
"Yup, I'm Yoshiko." she replied, smiling slightly.

However, her cheerful visage soon became a worried one. "Umm... I don't know if this is my place to ask or not - but why wouldn't you want us to get to know you?"
She spoke on hurridly. "I mean, we need teamwork and trust to get through this journey alive, and I think - in my opinion, that the first step to trust is by getting to know each other..." she finished, looked up at Jeremy with slightly pleading eyes.

I really hope that we'll get to know each other - and fight together....

Raichu Master
August 13th, 2005, 03:59 PM
"You don't want to know about me, trust me," Jeremy said, chuckling a bit, amused at how straight forward Yoshiko was being. Looking into Yoshiko's pleading eyes, something broke down inside of him, did this girl really want to get to know him? If she did, she wouldn't like what she would hear.

"Fine," Jeremy said motioning for her to follow him so they could talk on without interruption or eavesdropping. "I was abandoned when I was young, forced to survive of the streets. I'm wanted for several charges, all theiving. I'm a criminal," Jeremy admitted, but something in his voice hinted that the title of "criminal" he put on himself was a false title. In the back of his mind he knew he wasn't a criminal, if he didn't depend on the stuff he stole he wouldn't be doing it at all, and would be out there catching the theives. "I steal because my life depends on it. Before I was thrown in this dimension I had just stolen a loaf of bread from a baker. I have no money, and I've spent all my life literally living on garbage and living in a cardboard box," Jeremy added, a deep resent for his livings obvious in his voice.

'Is that who I am? Am I truly who I said I was? There has to be more to me! THERE HAS TO BE!' his mind shouted at him as he ended what he was saying. Tormoil over what he just said showed heavily in his expression as he walked on.

"I guess that explains why I'm dressed like this," Jeremy said weakly, looking down at the rags he wore, a lump forming in his throat, utterly repulsed by what he had become, and now that he had time to consider what he was doing, it was all wrong. He never considered it before, since he didn't have time or the lesiure to. It was either steal or die.

Miyu-chan
August 13th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Yoshiko stood there for a few seconds, trying to comprehend all that Jeremy told her.

What's there to comprehend? He was very straight foward...

She managed to give a small smile. "Being a thief doesn't mean that it's you." she said, "it's only a small part of you." she said as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "There's more to a person - at a first glance, people may brush you off as a thief, but I believe deep down, you're a good person."

"Besides, it's not like you wanted to be a thief." she said, smiling at him.

Yoshiko sighed, "I don't know what I would've done in your situation." she said softly. "But - I think that you're a very brave person to have survived." she said, nearly whispering.

Raichu Master
August 13th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Jeremy shook his head as he turned to face her, tears brimming his eyes as he said through gritted teeth, "I'm a coward. If I was brave, I wouldn't have stoop to such a level, I would have worked hard to beat the streets, I would have worked hard to prove to myself and to others that I'm better. The truth is, I was a coward, and I still am a coward. I was afraid of what might happen if I didn't turn to stealing, I was scared that I wouldn't survive and that no one would want me. So I turned to stealing freeloading off of others hard work."

Jeremy was shocked by what he said, he never examined it like that, he always thought of himself cunning and clever for being able to steal, it never accord to him how much of a coward he really was.

"I never wanted to be a theif, never wanted to turn into what I am. I didn't have to. I took the easy way out, I didn't want to work hard, for fear that the hard work would still get me nowhere," Jeremy said more determined to get his view across. "This is my last chance I have to prove to myself that I am not who I say I am. I don't want to blow it," Jeremy said in all seriousness, his expression very grim set.

parallelzero
August 13th, 2005, 06:19 PM
"If that's the case, why have you been acting so negatively?" I asked Jeremy as I appeared behind a nearby hill of sand. I was honestly astounded that they didn't notice me sneak over there in the first place. "What's important now, is not that you're a thief, nor that you're poor, but rather that you're a good person, despite the fact that we've been going at each other's throats since we met! We've all done our share of bad deeds, but everyone works to correct them. Well, any good person would."

After saying my fill, I began to walk ahead to Triet, expecting Jeremy to yell at me for listening in. Did what I say even make sense? I hadn't really thought about what I was saying.

Raichu Master
August 13th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Jeremy, who managed to calm himself before he let himself go on a rant, just glared at David as he made his pass. Jeremy just snorted loudly and stomped off, trying not to follow the boy, but ending up right on his tail, still fuming. He didn't want everyone in the group to know, and he figured he start with the first person to ask him about it.

Which had been Yoshiko, not David. And for that, he was ungrateful that he even had the nerve to eavesdrop. Jeremy felt that it wasn't David's responsibility to make unwanted comments when he only want to confide in one person for the time being.

parallelzero
August 13th, 2005, 06:35 PM
"What, not happy?" I called over to him as I noticed him trailing behind. "I'm not going to tell anyone, geez!" I felt so trusted in this group... not. I had only been trying to make him feel better too! Why had he followed me in the first place? I was assuming that if he became mad, he'd try and avoid me, unless he had something to say. Curious of what may happen, I stopped, burning in the scorching sunlight.

Raichu Master
August 13th, 2005, 06:49 PM
"This is the only way to Triet," Jeremy said as he pointed to the city that had come into view. "Believe me, if there was anther way, I'd take it," Jeremy added sourly as he marched passed David, continuing on his way to their first destination, not knowing what to expect. He didn't trust anyone, and after the talk with Yoshiko, he wasn't sure he even trusted himself.

OOC: Sorry for the short post...can't think of anything else to say.

Miyu-chan
August 13th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Yoshiko walked behind them two - still unnerved from David's sudden appearence.

She didn't know how to respond to Jeremy's troubles, but she still thought that he was very brave. It took a certain amount of courage to pour one's thoughts and heart to a near stranger... she thought, looked at her bandaged wounds.

Still, she hoped that Jeremy still trusted her...

((OOC: Going to be gone, so wherever this RP goes, Yoshiko will follow. o.O; ))

Kurosaki
August 13th, 2005, 10:39 PM
I've only made him hate me more. I thought to myself as I continued through the sand to my destination, the taste of salt from my sweat upon my lips. As I drew closer to Triet, I found it much harder to breathe, and the sweltering heat seemed to increase more and more, until finally I collapsed into the sand. Most likely from heat stroke or dehydration. Of course, nobody probably cared, and they'd be better off if I just died here, even if they didn't know it. Maybe I was best left to be devoured by monsters...

Raichu Master
August 14th, 2005, 03:32 AM
The least expected person of the group went to the aid of David as soon as the boy thudded again the sandy ground. Going to one knee, Jeremy examined David to make sure that an arrow any other type of attack didn't hit him. "Water..." Jeremy muttered to himself, he, too, was tired, thirst, and about to faint now that he realized how hot it was getting. But living on the streets, where the temperature of the side walk could sizzle anybody's feet, he was used to extreme conditions, maybe not this extreme, but extreme enough.

Lifting David into his arms, despite his fatigue, he looked frantically around, trying to find a stray river that was close enough. At last, the only place that obviously had water, was Triet. Triet was only a 100 yards from their location, so it was very close and easy to get to. Running, or jogging, he tried to get to Triet before the boys' health could further worsen.

OOC: And Jeremy will never let David live it down! XD

Shadowfaith
August 14th, 2005, 09:12 AM
You idiot! Dont run, we dont need two of you dead now do we!? She ran just to the side of Jeremy and placed her hands on his shoulders, trying to slow him down I have water here! She announced, taking a canteen full of water from her belt There was a small river back in that forest, I filled up there knowing that the desert wasnt going to be an easy journey

Now dont be a fool and dont try to take on the role of heroIt will only mean you failing! She held the water in front of his face, hoping he would accept her offer and not try his earlier approach of trying to run to the desert Oasis. There would be plenty of time to stock up when they arrived at the Oasis.

She took deep breaths; the heat was starting to get to her as well now that she had stupidly ran after Jeremy in an attempt to slow him down as well. The Oasis didnt seem that far away, but battling against the sun was a foolish way of handling such a problem.

Please Rei pleaded, shaking the canteen in front of his face.

Raichu Master
August 14th, 2005, 09:26 AM
"You realize that Triet is within feet now? A bit late, dontcha think?" Jeremy asked, not criticizing for once, but in a teasing manner as he willingly accepted the cantina. He grinned and then threw his arms to his side, letting David fall helplessly to the ground; shrugging Jeremy sighed, "Sorry, I couldn't help myself."

Opening David's mouth, Jeremy preceeded to pour a bit of water into the dry hole of a mouth. Then with a flick of his wrist, he let some of the water splash on David's face, "Wake up you lazy bum!" Jeremy shouted, waiting for David to come to. He twisted the cap back on the cantina, not wanting to waste the whole thing, just incase his little "technique" didn't work. He was beginning to sweat more rapidly now.

"Help me get 'im, to Triet, there has to be a spring there to dump him in," Jeremy said, lifting his already soaking shirt to his face to wipe off what he could of the beads that were running down his face like he just dumped a barrel of water on his head.

Shadowfaith
August 14th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Rei shrugged, you saw how the heat got to him, and he was only walking, running was foolish, even if it was in reaching distance She watched as Jeremy dropped the boys form to the floor, and glared at him through her bangs of brown hair, she rolled her eyes at his statement and watched as the boys mouth was tilted back so that Jeremy could pour a good deal of water into his mouth.

"Help me get 'im, to Triet, there has to be a spring there to dump him in," he stated as he whipped the sweat from his browthis only reminded the young teenager of her own trembling body and the heat that engulfed them. She swallowed hard and took a deep intake of breath before stooping low and flinging one of Davids arms over her shoulder.

Ill take one arm, you take the other. It will be easier on us all that way She announced, raising to her feet and waiting for Jeremy to take the other arm. I am not carrying him on my own, stupid heat is getting worse and worseoh and you didnt have to get all teasing on me now, did ya She huffed, glaring once again at the other I was only trying to help youmake it easier you knowanyways, lets get going

(OOC- is it me...or are my replies getting small oO;; )

Raichu Master
August 14th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Jeremy shrugged helplessly, and then turned on his heels. Starting off like he was going to leave Rei with the fainted boy, he didn't turn back until he was a good way away from them. Seeing her glare at him and say something about teasing that he didn't quite comprehend Jeremy said exasperated, "Oh come off yourself! I was just having a little fun! You know, lighten the mood a little!"

He then jogged over to them, which seemed to take more energy then it should have. He took the other arm and helped Rei drag him the extra few feet to the city where they could find (hopefully) a spring. "I hope the others are alright, we'll probably have to go back to them and see if there's anyone downed," Jeremy said as he prompted the motionless boy in the shade of one of the buildings. He then proceeded to look for any spring near by that he could dump him. "I mean I'll go back," Jeremy said not wanting to vulenteer the other for anything that he was going to do.

OOC: Yes so are mine. Just hope dave gets back soon so Jeremy doesn't end up drowning his character... XD

Shadowfaith
August 14th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Rei growled, was this person seriously trying to make himself hated by everyone he came across? What could have happened to make him hate people sowhy was he such a secretive character? Rei didnt know this, but she had never met a person like him, so unwilling to make friends.

They made it through the gates of Triet and immediately made their way with the fallen boy to the shade of a tall building. They set him down and slowly after, Rei slid down the wall to sit beside him, she looked up at Jeremy as he blabbed on about the others and declared he would go back and check on them, she shook her head No, they will be fine.I hope

She looked around in search of any sign of water and remembered back to the game, she cast her eyes upon Jeremy in a worried glance Didnt that man by the Oasis in the game say that the Oasis was protected dude to lack of water in Triet? Then do you think they will let us drop him in? She cast her eyes then upon David who lay still unconscious at her side their gonna have to... She muttered.

Sighing she ran a hand through her sweat soaked hair and grunted softly Then perhaps we can rest at the inn? Granted she had never been so tired in her life, her body was drained and the heat was most certainly getting to her.

Jeremy? Can I ask you a question? She waited for no reply but gave her question none the less Why do act the way you are waitthat sounded stupidI meanyou act that way because thats you butyknowwhy are youwhy dont you like anyone?

Nice going, Reiget yourself laughed at even moreweldone! She grumbled low and looked away in embarrassment.

(OOC- XD, yeah...don't think Dai will like that XD)

Raichu Master
August 14th, 2005, 10:36 AM
OOC: I say we throw David into the oasis and forget about him just to see what Dave has to say. XD

IC: "Someone has to stay here and help revive David and someone has to go after the others. I'm actually enjoying myself out here in the heat," Jeremy said in all seriousness, apparently ignoring her question until he had his say.

He then looked at her, seemingly to just now comprehend the question she threw at him. There was no humor in his expression, no laugh that followed her oddly put question and recovering, just a resolved and grim set expression as he said, "My trust is not easily earned, and I don't expect anybody to trust me. I prefer my privacy. Let's just say I have a darker past and present than I care to admit."

"Is there some sort of Cleric or healer in this town that will be able to restore him? How far is the Oasis? Do you think we can make it there in time?" Jeremy said, pushing his answer to her last question and the question she previous threw at him far in the back of his mind, deeming both unimportant and irrelevent to their present situation.

Lil' Schu
August 15th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Lauren healed her broken ribs with a quick healing spell and glanced at the three who were now in Triet. She could still make them out a little bit. "Way to let the rest of us catch up..." the girl muttered as she quickly walked to Triet.

It wasn't that far, about a hundred yards or so, but Lauren still was tired out by the time she reached the Desert Oasis. The hot weather had really done her in. It couldn't have been the cold town, no, it just HAD to be Triet. The blonde leaned on her staff to catch her breath. She noticed that David was still unconcious, and that the other two, Jeremy and another girl about her age, were trying to revive him...or at least, that's what Lauren thought they were doing. However, she was pretty sure she was right.

She stumbled over to the shade near the trio and sat down. "Woah...what happened to him? Heat stroke?" she said, exhausted, as she wiped the sweat from her forehead.

Mari
August 15th, 2005, 11:30 AM
After their first battle with the Egg Bears, Sayuri gave Lauren a quick hug. It was her little apology for making her fall from such a high distance. She was extremely relieved when she saw her healing herself, at least now she wouldn't have to worry.

The group had then carried on forward to Triet. With the scorching heat, Sayuri found herself at the end of the group, heavily breathing. "I never knew the desert was this hot!" She cried to herself, picking up her pace to catch up with the others.

Oh, it was quite a bother to be so short.

Don't worry, Sayu, it's only a few yards away~ it'll be fine then!

When she had reached their destination, she made her way to where Lauren and the others were. She unfortunately for her, she tripped on a small dent, which is hardly visible, on the sandy, erm, sand. She fell right next to David, who was unconscious?

"Why is David sleeping?" She inquired, poking him gently on the ribs. Granted, she knew it was partially because of the heat, but he seemed like those strong~tough guys in most games; it was bewildering to see him faint.

Lil' Schu
August 15th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Sayuri was the next person to make it to Triet. She tripped her way over to the rest of the group. "Why is David sleeping?" she asked inquisitively. Lauren turned to the small girl.

"Heat got to him, I guess. I'm gonna go see if I can find some water to splash on him, or something cold...be right back." Lauren stood up, having regained the majority of her energy, and walked to the oasis. There was a small boy standing guard. Just like in the game...

She turned to the boy. "Excuse me, sir, could I have a small bit of water to fill my canteen? I'm going to use it to revive my friend --" She halted for a second. Was David her friend? She'd just called him that, after all. Shaking it off, she continued. "-- He had heat stroke, and he's been out for a while."

The small boy looked up at her, a hard feat, considering he was about 4 feet tall and she was about 6 foot. "Sure! Just gimme your container!" he said in a squeaky voice. Lauren did as he asked; he leaned down and fillled it plum full with clean, sparkling water. "Here you go, miss!"

"Thanks!" Lauren ran over to the others. "Here -- I got some water to pour on him." She took the lid off the canteen and splashed David with some of it.

She positioned herself near Sayuri. "Hey...Sayuri, is it? I never thanked you for saving me back in the fight. You're really good with those chakrams!" Lauren also noticed that she small girl appeared a little flushed. "Here...you want a drink of water?"

Kurosaki
August 15th, 2005, 04:47 PM
The refreshingly cool water on my face finally woke me up, my eyes shooting open "Huh? What happened?" I asked as I sat up and looked around at everyone. "Heh... did something happen?" Of course, I hadn't passed out because of heat stroke or anything, despite what I thought prior. It had been something much greater. As long as nobody got a look at my back, what happened would remain a secret.

Mari
August 15th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Sayuri smiled widely at Lauren, a childlike enthusiasm twinkling in her eyes. "Thank you~! But I'm pretty sure I'm horrible." She exclaimed with the utmost bliss, giggling softly. "I' am really sorry to have caused you to fall a while back, though." She continued, now barely audible.

"Here...you want a drink of water?" Lauren said as she had offered her some water.

Sayuri blinked, a tad lightheaded from the heat, then nodded meekly. "Oh, thank you." She took a little sip on the canteen, worried that other might be more parched than her, and handed the canteen back to her. She then shifted her attention onto David, upon hearing him awake, and greeted him childishly.

"G'morning~" She giggled, concealing the anxiety she felt. There was something a bit...bizarre about David. He didn't appear to be suffering from the heat, which would make one wonder what had caused him to faint.

Sayu, you're thinking too much! She mentally scolded herself, disregarding her previous thoughts

Shadowfaith
August 16th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Rei titled her head as the boy her and Jeremy had brought to Triet woke upshe had forgotten completely of what she was about to say to Jeremy upon the arrival of the others, all thanks to her short attention span. She grimaced as the cold water ran down the sweat covered face of the younger and onto her arm; she quickly whipped it aside and turned her attention back to the boy.

Dude you ok? She asked What happened out there? You just sorta keeled overbut you didnt look as if you were struggling with heat at first There was more to this story than they boy had made out and she was eager to find out what exactly had happened to himbut she was not about to rush the story after the boy had only just woken up.

She looked up at Jeremy and nudged David You should be thanking himhes the one that caught you and everything, helped me bring you herebut anywayswe should rest at the inn or something She gave a tired yawn and got to her feet to stretch Im beet

As always, she went along as if nothing had ever happenedwellwhat was in the past was in the pastDavid hadnt died and that was all that matteredhe seemed to be fine to her. Nowanyone remember where the Inn was in the gamebecause I cant really re-call anything at the moment

Lil' Schu
August 16th, 2005, 10:31 AM
After Sayuri had taken a sip of the refreshing water, she handed the canteen back to Lauren. The older of the two thought she still looked thirsty, but shook the idea off. If Sayuri wanted more, she would have taken more. Don't worry about it!

Lauren shifted her attention to David. He wasn't red, he wasn't woozy as far as she could tell, had no signs of heat stroke at all -- unless you include being sunburnt. If it wasn't heatstroke, and David wasn't going to tell us, Lauren wasn't going to bother asking him. Although, it was hard for her not to.

Nowanyone remember where the Inn was in the gamebecause I cant really re-call anything at the moment, Rei said. Lauren looked up at the girl from her sitting position. "I think it's near the entrance to town...we should get there as soon as we can. We all probably need some rest."

Raichu Master
August 16th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Jeremy watched quietly as the others started filing over to where they were. He noticed that Rei was telling David that he should be thanking him, and the others asking David if he was ok. Jeremy just turned on his heels and started walking off, he was soaked from head to toe now, completely drenched in sweat that he desparately needed to replenish. He didn't like attention being drawn to him, and he has his own theories about what happened to David that he wasn't going to express; although he did believe the main cause to be heat stroke, since he, himself, was about to pass out.

"I'll be fine," he muttered at Rei's comment about the inn. He then preceeded to walk off in the opposite direction of the inn, and out of Triet. Despite the want for water, and to sleep, he pressed on, until he was a few yards away from the town and unsheathed his scimitar.

He wiped the swear from his brow before it had a chance to sting his eyes and proceeded to practice, swinging his sword low, as if to trip an imaginary opponent, and then went for a cross slash with the flick of his wrist. He side-stepped and then jabbed his sword right before thrusting into a horizontal slash. Next he snapped into a roll, and came up hard and fast with a vertical strike; leading into several blocking moves.

He was determined to be ready for the next fight.

Kurosaki
August 16th, 2005, 08:08 PM
"I must've just blacked out, thats all there is to it..." I replied. I had the feeling some were growing suspicious of me, so I needed to be cautious about what I said. Noticing Jeremy had disappeared, I got up and began walking in the direction that I thought the inn was in. "I'll go get us a room, how about you guys go explore the town?"

Miyu-chan
August 17th, 2005, 02:45 PM
"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?" Yoshiko asked David worringly. "Do you need any help or something?" she offered, glancing at him hopefully.

She knew that if she were in his place, she wouldn't want to be left alone...

((OOC: Uberly short post. ;-; ))

Kurosaki
August 17th, 2005, 03:01 PM
OOC: it's okay, I know you just got back and you're trying to fit yourself in, XD

IC: "Sure, why not!" I exclaimed in reply to her concern. I could possibly make friends with this girl, but how would that effect the decision I needed to make later on. I had a lot on my mind, and it was obvious from the look on my face.

OOC: Now I have a short post too >>

Raichu Master
August 17th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Jeremy fell to his knees after taking a misstep. Grunting, Jeremy got to his feet and pushed on with his practicing, half blinded by the sweat that was stinging his eyes continuously. Then his vision started to blur, and he desided to call it quits there.

"Time to get some water," Jeremy muttered, it sounded loud enough to him, but it was hardly autible if anybody was looking on, in fact it seemed more like he was flapping his lips but nothing was coming out.

Jeremy was way too weak to even sheath his sword, so he drug himself back into Triet to find some sort of shade to try and cool off before continuing, although he was completely dehydrated.

Settling on a spot that was farther away from the others so that they couldn't see him, but he could see them, he sat down with his back against the building trying to catch his breath and his senses.

Lil' Schu
August 18th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Everybody was starting to disperse now that David was okay: some people finding water, some booking rooms at the inn, others just relaxing.

Lauren decided to take a head count to make sure they were all there. Yes, to her satisfaction, all of them were there...except for Jeremy. She thought that he seemed to be a loner, not willing to talk to anyone else. In fact, the only person that he really seemed to warm up to was Yoshiko. If he doesn't want to talk, I won't make him. He'll warm up to me sometime.

The blonde decided to examine Triet to see if they could purchase some food and whatnot. There were a few vendors here and there, but none with food. Lauren went over to the nearest tree and leaned against it.

Shadowfaith
August 18th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Rei frowned I would much rather just get to the Inn and fall asleep, but She shrugged If you insist

With that, she took off into the small town of Triet to see if she could find anything useful for the journey ahead. She vaguely remembered Triet, but it was enough to go on. She knew the location of the Oasis and the entrance, s she could easily find her way to the Inn when it got dark.

The only problem was that she had no money to buy anything if she would come across anythingexploring would have to do at the moment in till she got some money in her pocketwhich would take a while if all they were going to do was travelwhich raised another interesting questionhow were they going to pay for the stay at the Inn?

She grinnedwell, it wasnt her problemit was Davids seeing as he had offered to go and check them into the Inn at the entrance to the city. Food was another problem, they had no money for that eitherthe way things were going, she may as well steel for a living.

She picked up an interesting symbol off of one of the stalls and examined it carefully before placing it back in its original place. It was weird to see all these weapons and charms available for the taking, back at home it would have been considered illegalbut grantedthey needed to protect themselves in such an environment, back at home, they had Police to take care of everythingbut at this precise momentthey were sort of acting like the Policesorting out the problems.

She sighed and looked towards the backing sun, it was beginning to falland in Reis opinion, it was the sooner the bettershe was seriously beginning to roast with this unusually hot weatherhow could anyone stand to live in such a place was beyond her knowledge.

Miyu-chan
August 18th, 2005, 01:30 PM
"Sure, why not!" David replied.

Yoshiko let out a sigh of relief, brushing away her bangs. "Great!" she said happily. "Let's go to the Inn!" she exclamed, grabbing David's arm. Though after a moment of after thought, she paused, turning back to look at him apologeticly.

"I'm sorry, are you still okay?" she asked worridgly.

Raichu Master
August 18th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Jeremy opened the lid to the cantine, that Rei had provided for him to help David. Drinking what was left, Jeremy wiped his mouth and got to his feet. "Best to leave them alone," Jeremy muttered to himself as he walked away from the group, yet again. He found a nice quiet alleyway, shady and cool, and he would be well hidden from anybody searching for him.

Jeremy sat down on a box that was at the back corner of the deep corridor. With a deep sigh of regret, Jeremy threw his thoughts inward, trying to figure out who he wanted to be, what he had become, and how he was going to change.

Kurosaki
August 18th, 2005, 04:57 PM
My face turned red as she grabbed my arm, and I hoped she didn't notice that. "I'm fine, lets go!" I couldn't help but show some concern for her as well, as she, along with the others had also been in this heat all day. "Don't worry about me, but how are you feeling? We've been out in this sun all day, and we would have made it here sooner had I not collapsed."

Miyu-chan
August 18th, 2005, 05:04 PM
"Oh!" Yoshiko exclaimed happily. "I'm so glad that you're okay." she replied, smiling at him.

"As for me..." she paused, putting her finger on her chin, thinking. "I guess that the heat is pretty soothing... it's so pretty when the surroundings waver around the heat, though it is a bit hot, hehe." she chuckled sheepishly. "and it's cooler here, so it's all good." she added, trying to assure David.

"Oh! We're almost at the inn!" she exclamed as the inn came into sight. Yoshiko grabbed David's hand again and rushed to the entrance.

Raichu Master
August 18th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Jeremy sidestepped Yoshiko and David, and walked swiftly into the Inn. After a heart to heart conversation with...well...himself, Jeremy finally found the answers he had been searching for, but it was not quite time to put them in play yet.

"I need a room for the night," Jeremy grumbled as he flipped a few coins that he pick pocketed onto the counter. With a nod the clerk took the coins and wrote down the number of his room. "Thanks..." Jeremy grumbled as he snatched the paper, and sat down on a nearby stole, thanking whatever god was listening that it was nice and cool in here.

Kurosaki
August 18th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Yoshiko was very... energetic. That much I knew for sure. "Okay, okay I'm coming!" The inn looked MUCH bigger in real life then it did in the game. Then again, everything in the game was chibified. "So how are we going to do this? Two to a room? And I suppose one room between two people of the opposite genders wouldn't be a good idea." Who was I kidding? I wouldn't find a roomy anyways!

Raichu Master
August 18th, 2005, 05:50 PM
"I already paid for a room," Jeremy said darkly, from a concealed corner of the lobby as he listened to David blab.

"I agree with you. Opposite genders is a bad idea," Jeremy added, his dull eyes widened for only a moment, surprised that he was actually agreeing with David, then they went back to their narrowed, dull gaze. "I still don't have a roomie...and I doubt I'll get one. You're welcome to buddy up with me for the night," Jeremy said nonchalantly, seemingly looking at something of interest at the ceiling. "Your call. I'd prefer to sleep alone, but if you're that desparate," Jeremy said, not thinking it was time to open up to anybody...quite yet...

Miyu-chan
August 18th, 2005, 05:55 PM
"Errr..." Yoshiko glanced nervously between the two.

Actually, she thought that they could be pretty good allies - or maybe ever friends in the future. But for now...

"Anyways, that'll be perfect!" she exclamed, clapping her hands together in delight. "Yup, since you two are pretty much the only guys in our group. That's just great!"

OOC: Yeah... I think there's only 2 guys... or am I wrong? o.O;

Kurosaki
August 18th, 2005, 05:59 PM
"I wouldn't mind sleeping under the stars actually," I commented as my answer to Jeremy, instead of directly saying no. "If always wanted to do that, and I can save money that way, so I guess I'll just crash outside the inn if thats okay." Of course, sleeping in the sand probably wouldn't be fun, but meh.

Raichu Master
August 18th, 2005, 06:01 PM
OOC: Oddly enough...this is the first RP I've been in where the girls out number the guys... XD

IC: Jeremy snorted angerly, he was trying to be nice. "Well just make sure you don't have a scimitar through your ribs when you wake up!" Jeremy snapped, and then stood up, squaring his shoulders and sizing David up for the first time, ready for a fight.

OOC: Down Jeremy down! XD

Miyu-chan
August 18th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Yoshiko glanced on, clearly horrified.

"Err..." she started. "Maybe you two can have seperate rooms - and then we girls can cram alittle."

"Just... calm down..." she said, a hint of pleading in her tone, her eyes watering.

Kurosaki
August 18th, 2005, 06:13 PM
"If I had a scimitar through my ribs chances are I wouldn't wake up." I muttered, as I began to walk towards the exit. "And don't worry about it, I don't mind sleeping outside, and I don't want you girls feel crammed." I calld back to Yoshiko.

OOC: Well if you wanna be the only guy RM I can gender flip David. :P

Raichu Master
August 18th, 2005, 06:18 PM
"You can have my room," Jeremy growled at Yoshiko as he whipped out his scimitar and stocked off after David, leaving Yoshiko with his room number.

"What!" Jeremy yelled after David as he exited the Inn right after David. "Afraid to fight like the would-be hero you should be? Or are you just a freakin' loser whose living a lie, someone like me!" Jeremy continued, his voice quivering with a hint of disdain towards himself and the raging anger that was dwelled up in him. Jeremy spun his scimitar with the flick of his wrist as a warning and continued after David.

OOC: *closes eyes* This isn't going to be good...

Kurosaki
August 18th, 2005, 06:26 PM
"A 'would-be hero' as you call it, wouldn't fight his own comrades, nor am I going to. I have no intention, nor do I want to fight. Also, don't try to get me to fight by making fun of me like you are, I'm no that weak, but I can't be too sure about you." After saying my full, I continued to walk away from the building even farther.

Raichu Master
August 18th, 2005, 06:32 PM
"I'm the freakin' loser whose living a lie!" Jeremy said, his tears streaming down his face, he couldn't hold it in any longer. "I was calling you as weak as me!" Jeremy said before he through his scimitar, tip first, into the ground and stocked off in the opposite direction of David, and away from the inn.

Jeremy wiped the tears that stung his eyes when he made it to Triet's Northern edge. Laying down, propped up beside the back of a building, Jeremy slowly sniffled himself to sleep, not knowing what to do now.

Kurosaki
August 18th, 2005, 06:39 PM
OOC: What is this? "Tales of Symphonia: The Drama?" XD

IC: As he left the area, I didn't feel a drop of sympathy for him. He had it coming, if he hadn't attacked me like that, I wouldn't have defended myself. I knew the whole time, however, that if I was to fight him, I would've been screwed, since a bow isn't effective at all at close range. I needed time to think though, about what I was going to do, so I re-entered the inn, and went up to the roof, where I could think in peace.

Shadowfaith
August 19th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Awesome Rei yelled as she came across a small charm bracelet than enhanced her strength. For the past half hour she had been roaming through the desert city trying these abnormal things out before placing them back on the shelf. She just couldnt believe the things they were selling in this worldshe had never seen such interesting objects.

She rounded a corner and almost collided with a small dog, its head tilted to the side as it glanced at her and Rei could not help but stood down low and run her hand through its glossy (though sandy) fur.

It pressed into her palm and she could have sworn she heard it whimper as she pulled away to walk on. She chuckled lightly and walked onwards toward the opposite end of the city. She was surprised to see it follow her.

She glanced over her shoulder and found the dog had not left her side, its tongue was now dangling out of its mouth as it padded along behind herits tail, she noted was also wagging back and forth in excitement.

She grinned and stooped down once again to scratch it behind the ears. Guess your not going to be leaving me alone anytime soon are you?

It barked happily and bounded up to lick at her face; she giggled and pushed it off gently. Well you might as well come and keep my company She announced, she didnt expect the dog to answer her or even understand her, but it seemed content on following her none the less.

Upon reaching the far end of the city, the sound of weeping caught her attention and her curiosity got the better of her as she wound around the corner of a near by building. She was surprised to say the least, there with his back against the building was Jeremy, crying into the sleeve of his ragged shirt.

Rei looked around at first to check if there had been any signs of an attack, but there was none. She slowly approached, the dog not far behind her and came to a stop in front of the weeping teen Hey Jeremy, whats wrongyoure the last person I would expect to be crying she muttered, unsure of what exactly to say What happened?

Raichu Master
August 19th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Jeremy dried his eyes, and made a feeble attempt to look like he had never was crying, but sniffles broke the semi-even expression. "Disgusted at who I've become," Jeremy said, after a moment over trying to calm himself. "I thought since I was with a group of supposedly 'good people' that it might rub off on me. I was wrong. I pick pocketed a man as he walked by me, knowing that I'd need money for a room at the Inn. I stole a loaf of bread another street rat in Triet, so I could eat without starving. I got into a fight with David, no surpise there, but it showed me how disgusting a person I really am," Jeremy added flatly, he was shocked by how straight forward he was being with Rei. He had promised himself that he would keep his problems his problems and not burden anybody.

Jeremy got to his feet, too lightheaded from his sobbing, and leaned against the building wall for support. He gave a helpless chuckle, it all seemed ironic to him. Here he was, the street rat, regretting to be a street rat, and opening up to someone he barely knew, and that's the last thing anyone with common sense would do.

Shadowfaith
August 19th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Rei sighed at the story she had been tolda street rat? She had guessed this before of course, the teens sense of dress was a clean give away to what he was. But why was it his fault of what he was? This is how he made a living was it not? He had to live someway.

But granted, his personality could change somewhat to what it was nowall the group had shown him was understanding and sympathy and he had practically thrown it back in their faces.

Her eyes followed Jeremy has he pushed himself to his feet and lent against the building once again, his form was hunched and he lookedbroken. Rei ran a hand through her hair and aloud a breath to pass by her lips, up to this moment, she hadnt been sure of what to say to the pouting teen.

You cant change who you are, Jeremy. You can act it, but you cant change it just like that, it takes timeand we havewhat... She made a scene of counting her fingers known you for about a day at the mostgive us a chance and we will give you a chance She grinned I think thats a fair trade, dont you?

She patted him on the shoulder and gave him a genuine smile As for this thief stuffyou never know when it can come in handy on this trip, you have your uses, Jeremy and Im sure that you dont WANT to be who you areof course you dontyou wouldnt have tried to change otherwise! You have to make a living, dontchia...not exactly gonna live long if you dont eat

She turned her gaze towards the ground where the dog was not rubbing his fuzzy cheek on her clothed leg, she smiled Look at what I foundhe wont leave me alonenot that Im complaining or anythingMom wasnt exactly keen on letting me have a dogaint he cute?

Lil' Schu
August 19th, 2005, 08:56 AM
The seventeen-year-old shook the sand off herself and headed to the inn. Lauren noticed that Rei and Jeremy were in a corner outside the inn and that they seemed to be talking quietly. She shook off the feeling of being left out and headed to the inn. David was sitting outside, deep in his own thoughts.

She pushed open the creaky door and let herself bask in the cold, refreshing air. The only person she could see in there was Yoshiko. Lauren willed herslef to walk over to her, not knowing what was going on, or knowing if she wanted to know. The curious side of the blonde got the best of her though, and she asked Yoshiko, "Um...D'you happen to know what's going on here? Something doesn't seem right..."

Even out loud, it sounded stupid.

Raichu Master
August 19th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Jeremy couldn't help but chuckle as he nodded slowly. "I suppose your right," Jeremy muttered half heartedly. The truth was...he did choose to live like he had, he was lazy, and didn't want to work to live, he wanted the easy way out. That was until...he met this group of people, and his whole perspective did a 180 all of a sudden.

Jeremy then smiled at her comment, not a forced or sarcastic smile, but for the first time, genuine. He decided, if he was going to change, he couldn't just sit around waiting for it to happen, that's how he became a street rat, waiting for his life to suddenly become better. He would have to try, work to better himself, like everyone else. "The finest pup, I ever seen," Jeremy smiled, "Which isn't saying much, since the only dogs I ever see are street dogs, who eat out of garbage cans. Feisty little things. Got into a dog fight with acouple of them over a few slices of pizza, stupid huh?"

Kurosaki
August 19th, 2005, 10:22 AM
I was still atop the roof, partially admiring the sunset in the distance, partially thinking to myself. It had been a long day, and I didn't want to repeat the mistakes I had made. I was thinking of leaving them, as I would soon become a brden to them, which was something I now didn't want. What I really wanted, was someone to talk to.

Lil' Schu
August 19th, 2005, 10:42 AM
For once in her life, Lauren was too impatient to find out an answer. She was going to take matters into her own hands, and the only way she was going to do that was going to talk to David or Jeremy. Seeing as Jeremy had Rei, Lauren went outside to talk to David. She climbed up to the roof.

"Hey. You alright?" She knew he wasn't, but it seemed like a good opener.

Miyu-chan
August 19th, 2005, 10:54 AM
((OOC: You didn't wait for me... ;-; ))

IC: Yoshiko stared dumbly at Lauren, trying to catch ahold of her brimming tears. She just stared at her retreating backside for a few seconds, for Lauren was getting nothing from her. Feeling guilty for not replying to her question, Yoshiko followed her - to see that she went to David's side.

"Hey, you alright?" the blonde asked. Yoshiko smiled, in dispite of herself. Underneath her impatentness, she was a kind person after all.

Yoshiko nodded behind her. "Yeah, I was so worried... I was afraid..." she trailed off, not wanting to say - or even think the rest of the sentence.

Shadowfaith
August 19th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Was that a smile she had gotten out of him? Rei couldnt help but give a wide knowing grin when the smile crossed his features. Ahah! Finally a smile, I knew I could get one out of you yet! She yelled triumphantly, crossing her arms in proud smugness of the moment. She loved winning, but she also loved helping others.

She knelt down to ruffle the dogs neat fur and giggled as it balanced on her knee and took a sweeping lick at her nose. She cast her amber gaze up at Jeremy and nodded to the dog Finest Pup, huh? WellI think its safe to say this is not your typical street dogit probably belongs to someone, I meanits not exactly scruffy

She could see no dog collar and the dog wasnt exactly near any place in particular when she had found it. She shrugged May as well take it with me if no one claims it from me before we leave tomorrow

Got into a dog fight with a couple of them over a few slices of pizza, stupid huh?" Jeremy had said, letting a small laugh escape his lips, Rei giggled and nodded yeahpretty stupidbut then its survival of the fittest when youre out on the streets, eh? She stood up and ran a hand through her hair Wanna head back to the Innits getting pretty late and we wanna be at our fittest tomorrow when we cross that desert again

They had to cross that blasted thing againshe sighed Actually, I think Ill sleep outside with the dogmake sure it doesnt get itself into troubledont think the Inn would accept a dog insidedo you?

Raichu Master
August 19th, 2005, 11:25 AM
"I think..." but before Jeremy could finish his sentence, Rei pressed on as she said she'd sleep outside with the dog.

"I don't think that the inn would allow dogs in their rooms, or even in their building," Jeremy agreed. With a sigh, Jeremy just sat back down on the sandy floor and looked over to Rei. "The desert is really comfortable at night, even though it's chilly for some. Living on the streets, you have to get used to steep changes in temperature. I'll be sleeping outside. I caused enough contraversy tonight. Best to start anew in the morning."

Jeremy then proceeded to lay on his back, putting his hands between the back of his head and the ground. "I always liked the stars...even though that light pollution stuff drowns out most of it where I come from, their still a pretty sight. Out here, no light pollution, and splendidly clear night...who could ask for more?" Jeremy said as much to himself as to anyone else. There is indeed more compassion in this boy than meets the eye.

Shadowfaith
August 19th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Rei titled her head, this boy was really something, and he had multiple personalities and could apparently be a very genuine guy if he felt like it. Rei smiled down at him as he had now lowered himself to the floor and was lying on his back looking up at the stars. He was now muttering things about liking the stars, but not being able to see them from where he came from. She gave him an understanding smile this time and she to took to looking at the stars.

I know what you meanI think there is something about themalmost something magical. She giggled Sounds weird huh? But its what I have always thought. She too lowered herself onto the surprisingly comfy sand and found that the dog mimicked her movements and sprawled itself across her legs. She grinnedit was like the dog was her counterpart or something.

She snorted a laugh and lastly lowered her head so that she way lying beside Jeremy in the exact same position. Me and my dad use to look at the stars before he died, it was one of the many things that we would always do, but even when he died I still looked at the stars, every nightwhere I lived there was hardly no pollution, we lived in the countryyou could always see the starsas long as there werent any clouds or anythingyknow

She sighed and looked at Jeremy, who still had his eyes focussed on the stars above. She smiled and she fell silent after that. This was a strange night, here she was in a foreign landterribly foreign and furthermoreshe was in some sort of desert with some of the most interesting people she had met in her life. She couldnt help the grin that spread across her slightly tanned features.

Raichu Master
August 19th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Jeremy chuckled at the pup's antics and listened carefully, more carefully than Rei might have known, to every word she spoke. There was definitely something about this girl that made him feel comfortable.

There was much more to Jeremy than met the eye, at first glance, one might think him a hoodlum, but once he opened up to someone, he revealed what he had crammed into his brain for his whole life.

"Most definitely something magical about them," Jeremy agreed as he examined them a bit further. "If I didn't know better...I'd say that it was the exact same sky..." Jeremy recognized several constalliations that he had known from going into libraries and spending time studying star maps. Stargazing was the only hobby he could truthfully say he had. "Seems weird don't it? Or maybe it doesn't if you think about it. This world is tied in directly with our world. So it would only make sense that this world is earth and that the rest of the heavens, no matter what name they give them, are the same as well," Jeremy said.

He loved philosophy too, and was a bit embarrassed by his often riddling and random questions about life. Although he couldn't read, so he couldn't read philosophies, he came up with his own, using the common sense obtained by living where he did.

"I never really knew my parents..." Jeremy said, this time in a soft voice, intended for only him to hear, but Rei was close enough to him that she could probably easily hear him. Rei mentioning her father, sent him searching for any recollection of his own heritage. "...they both died when I was an infant..." Jeremy continued, trying to keep his thoughts in his head, but they found their way out of his mouth.

Kurosaki
August 19th, 2005, 07:22 PM
"Yeah, I'm fine... Somewhat." I replied to the two girls as the came up behind me. I had to admit, they startled me quite a bit. I hadn't even heard them coming! "But, you were afraid of what, Yoshiko?" I asked her, curious. Could she have possibly caught onto me? However, I needed to be sure.

OOC: I'm pretty sure that's not what Yoshiko meant, but my character tends to be cautious, XD

Miyu-chan
August 20th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Yoshiko blinked in surprise.

"Well..." she started, "I was afraid that you two were going to hurt each other." she finished, her normally cheery composure fading.

We really don't need any more damage... But, they all seem so strong and capable - as for me, I can't even wield my sword correctly...

Then she stared down on her shoes, twiddling her fingers.

Lil' Schu
August 20th, 2005, 05:16 PM
OOC: I'm sorry Miyu! ;o; I just wanted to have a convo...hehe. Sorry again!

IC: Yoshiko popped up next to Lauren and David on the roof. "Yeah, I was so worried... I was afraid..." Her worried tone startled the blonde a little bit. She knew that Yoshiko was the one to worry about people, but Lauren hadn't expected her to...well, follow her up to David. The seventeen-year-old shook off the strange feeling she just got. Sheesh, Lauren. Just get to know her.

"Yeah, I'm fine...Somewhat." David replied to the two girls' inquiries. The blonde girl had a feeling he wasn't telling them everything, but decided not to press the matter for now. Daivd suddenly asked, "But, you were afraid of what, Yoshiko?"

The brown-haired girl blinked in surprise. The other girl tell she wasn't expecting David to ask her to finish her statement earlier. "Well..." Yoshiko halted for a moment, then continued, "I was afraid that you two were going to hurt each other." She concluded, some of the normal happiness seeping out of her voice; or at least, that's what Lauren thought.

The blonde stole a glance at Yoshiko, then David. The first one mentioned was staring at the thatched roof, intertwining her fingers. Lauren couldn't tell what the other was thinking.

It was a beautiful night, Lauren realized, and she laid back on the roof and stared at the stars.

Then she saw it. A bit of David's shirt was tucked out, and she could see a little bit of a jewel on his back.

The blonde edged over to him a tad, hoping that he wouldn't get the wrong impression, or Yoshiko for that matter. Muttering so only David could hear her, Lauren asked him, "David. What's the jewel on your back? Don't tell me you don't want to talk about it, either."

Kurosaki
August 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
"It's nothing, you're seeing things." I muttered as I began to head for the stairs that headed down off the roof, my hands in my pockets. Things weren't looking good now, and I just needed to get away from it all. How was I so careless!?

Lil' Schu
August 20th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Lauren raced after David, emotions boiling up inside her. Argh! He can't just say there's nothing there! She caught up with him at the end of the stairs and pinned him to the nearest wall by the neck. She was probably choking him a little bit, but as long as he didn't start gasping, the girl was not going to loosen up.

"Listen, David. Don't you dare say nothing is there. I saw it, and I know I'm not hallucinating." Lauren's voice was dangerously low now, and anyone who knew her well would have bolted by now. "You are not going to bottle this up. You are not alone here. None of us are." She tightened her grip a little bit. "We're here too, and we aren't going to let you leave. Or, for that matter, not tell us what that thing is on your back." She thought it sounded a bit rude but didn't care right now. It was not just his problem.

"Oh, and I'm not letting you go until you tell me what it is and where you got it," Lauren added as a bit of an afterthought.

OOC: Mood swings abound!~ XD

Miyu-chan
August 20th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Yoshiko stared curiously at them two, and looked on - perplexed when David started to go downstairs, and even more confused when Lauren rushed after him.

Should I go follow them? she wondered to herself, twirling a strand of her hair. I shouldn't, but... I should... Maybe it was what I said? she thought suddenly, worried. Oh no... I don't know if I offended them or something... I should go apologize. she thought, her expression determined.

As she neared them two, she suddenly heard Lauren say, "Oh, and I'm not letting you go until you tell me what it is and where you got it,"

Curious, and a bit embrassed, Yoshiko hid behind a nearby flowerpot. So, it's not me? she waited behind the huge flower, curious what David had to say - and hoping that they didn't see her.

Kurosaki
August 20th, 2005, 09:45 PM
"So I guess you'll be holding me here until I choke and die." I commented, checking out my now very bad predicament. "You didn't see anything, I swear it to you. Perhaps the heat of the desert is getting to you?" Well, what would you say?

Shadowfaith
August 21st, 2005, 03:38 AM
Rei nodded as much as she could in such an awkward position and repeated Yeahmagicalhmmwe got here through a link from our world, right? Then is to say that it is not the same sky? Heh, I dont knowmy head hurts too much thinking about it She chuckled and rubbed the sleep from her eye as her mouth opened wide into a yawn.

"I never really knew my parents..." Jeremy said, almost too quietly for even her to hear it over her yawn"...they both died when I was an infant..." At that, Rei immediately shut her mouth in sympathy to him, at least she had known her parents, heck, she still had her mother to take care of her, and her father had died not that long agobut not to know your parents from the very start? Something told Rei at that moment, that she was luckier than she once thought.

Im sorry about that, she said, lowering her eyes to the dog resting on her legs, for some reason, she thought it entirely her fault for bringing up the subject of parentsshe never meant for it to go past a harmless topic of discussion. She sighed, Well you know if you ever need a place to stay when we get back, my mother wont mind, we have a spare bedroom and all

Raichu Master
August 21st, 2005, 06:27 AM
"I have a feeling when we get back we'll return to were we where before this started, and not a second passed," Jeremy sighed. "I don't have money, or a job to support myself in your mother's care. It's not fair to ask her to take care of me when I'm old enough to work. And no one would take a street rat to work for them," Jeremy said softly, declining her offer as politely as possible.

Lil' Schu
August 21st, 2005, 08:43 AM
"So I guess you'll be holding me here until I choke and die," David commented, unfazed by Lauren's approach. "You didn't see anything, I swear it to you. Perhaps the heat of the desert is getting to you?" She glared him directly in the eye. If he was going to be this way about it, she could deal with it.

"Yeah, and I'm your second cousin. If there's nothing there, then why don't we just take off your shirt to see your back?" The blonde let that statement linger in the air. "I suppose you wouldn't mind, seeing as there isn't anything there."

Wherever Jemery was, Lauren sincerely hoped he wasn't going through the same thing David was.

Kurosaki
August 21st, 2005, 04:18 PM
"Please do so if it would put your mind at ease, but you'll find nothing, like I said." It was true, however, as the time from when I left the roof to when she had found me, had supplied me the time to remove the object and place it where she couldn't find it.

Miyu-chan
August 21st, 2005, 04:50 PM
Yoshiko's curiousity was driven even higher. So was her worry.

Did David get hurt somehow? Does Lauren know something that we don't? Are they keeping secrets?

She leaned foward to get a better look, however her clumsiness...
caused her to knock the flowerpot to the floor, the delicate cermanic broke like a fragile plant - but the noise it caused - were like 1000 alarm bells ringing at once.

"Oops..." she muttered. Lauren and David were sure to notice her by now.

Lil' Schu
August 21st, 2005, 06:38 PM
"Please do so if it would put your mind at ease, but you'll find nothing, like I said." David said certainly, as if Lauren were merely cheap entertainment.

The elder girl was just about to reply when -- Crash! -- a large ceremic flowerpot tumbled over in the darkness. Lauren's head automatically turned to the loud sound, and could spot a person in the darkness. 'Only one person should know we're here...'

"Yoshiko?" Lauren asked, hoping that her instinct was correct. This was not the time to be embarrassed. "Uh, if it is you, could you...come here for a sec?"

'What have I got myself into? Way to go, Lauren!'

Miyu-chan
August 21st, 2005, 06:56 PM
Yoshiko went over to Lauren obediantly, wearing a downcast face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt your conversation." she apologized, bowing slightly. I'm sorry to the plant as well... I hope that it's still okay... I hope that we don't have to pay for it - or pay much... I wonder if we have any gald from fighting that monster -

Just when her thoughts were beginning to wander, Yoshiko pulled herself together again. "So, Lauren... what's wrong with David?" she asked quietly so that David wouldn't hear.

Lil' Schu
August 21st, 2005, 07:31 PM
Yoshiko walked over to Lauren, looking saddened. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt your conversation."

"It's alright, Yoshiko...Going to wrap it up in a little bit, anyway. No problem." The blone was a little relieved that someone was beside her, knowing now that David couldn't do anything.

"So, Lauren... what's wrong with David?" the brown-haired girl asked, almost inaudibly. The addressee stole a glance at Yoshiko.

"I'll tell you later," Lauren half-mouthed, half-whispered. Then, so David could hear her, she said, "Do you mind turning around then, David?" If she had to admit how she was feeling that instant, the blonde would have to say "anxious."

'What if I was wrong? If it's not there?...No. I saw it there. It's going to be there. ...If it's not, then my pride is officially ruined.' The war inside Lauren's head was bubbling up inside, ready to explode if any of those things happened.

Kurosaki
August 21st, 2005, 07:51 PM
"Fine then." I gave as a reply and turned around. I just wanted this little chain of events to be over and done with, since it was getting tiresome. If you haven't realized bu now, my mood swings a LOT, but only when around strangers.

Lil' Schu
August 21st, 2005, 08:12 PM
OOC: Wow. Even though my character hates yours, David, they still have a whole bunch in common XD

IC: "Fine then," David spat out, obviously not hiding his feelings for Lauren. He spun around.

"Fine!" The blonde was feeling almost no emotion for the archer currently. Quite frankly, he could be eaten by something tonight, and she probably wouldn't care.

Lauren pulled up David's shirt, expecting to find a small fragment of the shiny object she'd seen before, and saw -- nothing. Nothing, unless you include the pigment of his skin and a small dot in the lower part of his back. "Crud!"

The defeated teen released her deathgrip on David. She had been so sure she'd seen something, so positive. And, if there was one thing Lauren knew, is that she had not been seeing things. 'Oooh, I'll get you for this, David!'

"If anyone needs me I'll be on the roof," the blonde said shortly, then turned on her heel to retreat. Halfways to the steps, she halted and said over her shoulder, "David. This doesn't mean I believe you. I still think you have it."

Lauren sprinted the rest of the way upstairs and plopped down on the woven roof. She exhaled a long sigh.

"What have I done? I just ruined a possible friendship, and now Yoshiko probably thinks I'm insane. Urgh...where's my 'friends' now?"

The girl put her hands on her knees. "I need something to squish..."

Miyu-chan
August 21st, 2005, 08:43 PM
"Lauren, wait!" Yoshiko called after the enraged girl.

As she ran up towards the roof - again, she glanced apologetically back at David. He seems strange... I wonder what he's worried about... Or what he's thinking... What did Lauren see anyways?

"I need something to squish..." she heard the Blonde say.

Yoshiko halted in her tracks. Did she mean her? "Emm..." she said, searching in her pockets. "I have a hankercheif, if you need to squish it." she offered Lauren.

Lil' Schu
August 22nd, 2005, 07:19 AM
"I have a hankercheif, if you need to squish it." Yoshiko had indeed followed Lauren to the inn's roof, not that she minded. What the blonde needed now was someone to talk to, and Yoshiko would work. Something squishable wouldn't hurt, either.

"Thanks," she said as she took the cloth. Lauren leaned back to partly look Yoshiko in the eye, partly to see the stars. She began wringing and folding the hankerchief to prevent herself from doing some she might regret.

"So...I suppose you want to know why I made a fool out of myself back there?"

Miyu-chan
August 22nd, 2005, 05:15 PM
"You weren't a fool!" Yoshiko exclaimed, shaking her head vigourously. "You were merely driven by your curiousity." she added. "I'd probablly do the same thing if I were you."

She paused, turning back to grin sheepishly. "Which is why I hid behind the flowerpot."

"But I do want to know what you were questioning David about." she finished. blushing slightly - seeing how much she trailed from the original topic.

Raichu Master
August 23rd, 2005, 03:44 AM
OOC: Just a recap of what I put, because I forgot what I put. :3

IC:"I have a feeling when we get back we'll return to were we where before this started, and not a second passed," Jeremy sighed. "I don't have money, or a job to support myself in your mother's care. It's not fair to ask her to take care of me when I'm old enough to work. And no one would take a street rat to work for them," Jeremy said softly, declining her offer as politely as possible.

OOC: Ok and here is what will make it not a repeat and not spam. (Do I really have to do this girl crap? You all know I'm a guy...right?) :3

IC: Hearing what sounded like arguing, or just really loud talking coming close to them. Jeremy, out of curiousity, and tried to figure out what was being said, but the words weren't as loud as he once thought and were too muffled to distingish what was being said.

Shadowfaith
August 23rd, 2005, 03:54 AM
(OOC- Your a guy?! Really!? XD)

Rei sighed I guess your right, she muttered, clearly disappointed with the outcome that would surly follow in this mission. Who was to say that they would forget all about this adventure after it had been completedwhich obviously meant any friendships she would possibly have made towards the end would go to waste. It saddened her to no end.

We will just forget, she announced, it seemed almost to be a growl of frustration, but was said to lightly to have much of an impact. You couldalways stay hereif you got the choiceyou knowafter this, you will be a hero to these peopleyou wouldnt have to work She tried her hardest to cheer him up, but for some reason she felt her attempts werent having much of an effect.

There was the sound of arguing coming from somewhere out of view of her eyes, but she didnt doubt that it would probably be the rest of the gang squabbling over something or another. She sighedarguing wasnt a good sign of a good journeythey needed to at least be at speaking terms if they wished to get through this.

Raichu Master
August 23rd, 2005, 04:06 AM
OOC: ...funny...real funny... (er I mean)...you're so funny stride! *giggle* :3

IC: Jeremy laughed, not mocking, but she completely misunderstood how he felt. Jeremy sighed heavily, trying to regain control of himself and said, "I have a feeling no one will be forgetting anybody or this adventure. People would think us crazy if we tried to tell them. Besides, who knows. I might deside to get a job, work, save money, and try to find you guys."

"Anyway, I've come to expect the worse out of everything, probably because of where I live. I'm ready to handle it," Jeremy said firmly, this was directed to Rei, and also to himself.

Lil' Schu
August 23rd, 2005, 05:05 PM
"You weren't a fool! You were merely driven by your curiousity," Yoshiko blurt out. She looked indignant at Lauren's attitude. "I'd probably do the same thing if I were you," the girl added.

Yoshiko took a small break, then said, "Which is why I hid behind the flowerpot." She was grinning guiltily.

"But I do want to know what you were questioning David about." she finished, turning red. The blonde had hoped that Yoshiko wouldn't mention this topic, but it was unavoidable. Lauren sighed.

"Well...I'll just say the whole thing, I guess. Remember when we were up on the roof for the first time, you, me, and David?" I layed on my back -- much like this -- and, well...David's shirt was up a little bit, showing some of his back. And, I...I saw...this jewel. I mean, I think that's what it was. Asked him what it was, and he freaked, as you saw. So...I followed him, and I think you know the rest. I look at his back, and it's not there."

Lauren paused to take a breath. It sounded so...silly now that it was in words. "I mean, I know I didn't imagine it, I never imagine things." She put her hands on her head. The blonde saw something that almost made her jump. Her sea-blue ExSphere was still equipped, glowing in the midnight air.

Could it be?...But...How?...

Lauren looked at Yoshiko with her light purple eyes. "I...I think what I saw was an Exsphere. That's the only thing I can think of."

Now she REALLY thinks I'm crazy...

Miyu-chan
August 24th, 2005, 08:03 PM
"An exsphere?" Yoshiko replied, a confused expression on her face.

Meanwhile, a faucet of questions opened up in her mind. Didn't David already have an exsphere attached? Why would he want two exspheres? Why would he hide it? Could an exsphere get detached that easily?

"Why would he hide it from us?" she said aloud, puzzling over the fact. "But - could one detach an exsphere that easily? I thought that they'll turn into monsters or something..." she finished, trailing off.

Kurosaki
August 26th, 2005, 08:33 AM
OOC: Sorry guys, been busy! XX

IC: "It wasn't any of her business to begin with..." I sighed to myself, trying to make myself feel like I made the best decision as I retrieved the object from a hole in the wall, and placed it on my back again before going to my room. If she had seen it, it could complicate things greatly.

Lil' Schu
August 28th, 2005, 02:46 PM
OOC: Same here, David. x_x;

IC: Yoshiko looked puzzled. "An exsphere? Why would he hide it from us? But - could one detach an exsphere that easily? I thought that they'll turn into monsters or something..." Her voice trailed off. Yoshiko has a point. Why would David hide it from us? We're not going to hurt him...at least, I hope we aren't.

"I don't know why he'd keep it a secret. And, I think...that if you have something attached to the ExSphere, you can take it off without turning into a monster." Lauren stood up and streched. She was both mentally and pyshically exhausted, and desired sleep for her aching body.

"Yoshiko...it's just a theory. I could be wrong about the whole deal. But, please don't tell anyone. I don't want people thinking the wrong things about David." The blonde paused. Lauren knew she was right. "I'm going to keep an eye on him though. He acted really strange when I said I saw that on his back."

She started towards the staircase. "I think I'm going to go to bed. Pretty sure I'm going to need some sleep. You can find me in my room if you want to talk about it." The blonde went sleepily down the stairs, leaving Yoshiko with an earful of questions and thoughts.

Miyu-chan
August 28th, 2005, 02:50 PM
(OOC: I'm not the only one's who busy? xD)

Yoshiko nodded, still confused. "Good night Lauren," she called after her retreating back.

Meanwhile she walked towards her own room, worried and confused. She flopped on her bed and set her sword on the side. Before she feel asleap she vowed to keep an eye out for David... they were compainions after all.

They still had a long way to go...

(OOC: Can I just go to sleep in here? xD; )

Lil' Schu
August 28th, 2005, 03:10 PM
OOC: No, Miyu, you're not. Yay for uber busy schedules~! XD

IC: Lauren trudged through the sand to the Triet inn. She tugged on the door, but could not make it budge. "You're kidding me...It's locked? Wonderful!" Looking for another way inside to the comfyness of her bed, Lauren seached the perimeter of the building. The fruits of her search were just one open window.

The blonde sighed. "Think of the end result, Lauren. Just think of the end result." With this in mind, Lauren squeezed through the window, topping in on her side. "Ow!"

Remembering that Yoshiko still had to get into her room, Lauren unlocked the front door, hoping that the innkeepers wouldn't mind. The blonde then made her way to the room she rented out for the night. Fumbling in her pockets for the key, she unlocked the wooden door and made her way to the bed. Lauren threw herself on the mattress and fell asleep immediately.

Mari
August 28th, 2005, 04:06 PM
"Lauren, wait! I" Sayuri called, sighing as Lauren went inside her room.

When the group had disbanded, hours ago, to wander and such, she aimlessly roamed around Triet. It was a small town and all, but she still managed to get lost. With her poor sense of direction, she even found herself in desert again. She was lucky there were no monsters at the time. And, when she had found her way back in the inn, no one was there. No David, no Jeremy. No anyone. She was stuck inside the inn, since she was afraid to get lost again, with no idea where she was to sleep.

She waited in the lobby, but she somehow fell asleep in a corner, behind a plant. No one could've spotted her there, and, no one did. Sighing once more, she tiptoed to the room Lauren went into and knocked gently.

"Um, Lauren?" She called meekly.

Realizing what she was doing, she stopped knocking and scolded herself for being inconsiderate to her wellbeing. She had just rested, and she was sure Lauren was very weary from traveling through the desert.

With no other place to sleep, Sayuri plopped on the floor and leaned against the door of her room. It's your fault anyway. You should've asked where you were supposed to sleep! She embraced her knees and laid her head on top. "This'll do, I guess." She muttered softly to herself before closing her eyes. G'night, everyone.

Shadowfaith
August 29th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Rei sat up on the floor, but did not disturb the sleeping pup that was still resting its large body on her legs. She smiled and gave a hearty Thats the spirit! her eyes gleamed with a sort of childish glee. Yeahmake sure you come to find me first, OK! You have to promiseI like in the United Kingdom, Wales as a matter of factwellit actually depends where you live to begin with, yknow...hmmmaybe I could come and find youwhere do you come from?

She knew she was rambling, but she couldnt help it, she was known to have over hyperactive momentsshe blamed the heaps of chocolate she ate every dayit was like a regular thing for her to have at least two bars of chocolate a day. But its not like she caredpeople normally liked her for her upbeat personality and determination.

She ran a hand through her hair and blushed slightly, red rushing to her cheeks Sorry about thatI tend to get a bit carried away at times She sighed and lay back down again, her face still the flame red colour it was moments ago, her eyes were cast on the sky again, she was determined not to look at Jeremy in fear of seeing asomewhat disgusted look.

Nice one, Rei! Way to gomehperhaps it will cheer him up you never know this voice inside her head only caused her blush to run deepershe would have disappeared if given the chance, but she had no such luckperhaps a gaping black hole would consume her or somethingYeahdream on.

Raichu Master
August 29th, 2005, 01:57 PM
"I lived in the streets of New York City, not that far away if you think about it! Just separated by an ocean," Jeremy said, his voice unusually light and friendly.

Jeremy recoiled for a moment, was this really him talking? It couldn't have been! His voice was way too light and joyful to ever be what he sounded like. Rei was actually interested in him, were the others interested as well? Was he too blind to see it? Was he too consumed in self-pity to see that the others, or at least some of the others were the least bit interested in what he had to say?

"No, no, no!" Jeremy said quickly as he returned to the world around him and out of his own thoughts just in time to hear Rei regret that she was blabbing. "It's perfectly fine! I never really had anybody take any sort of interest about me until I came here! To tell the truth I always wanted to travel, especially to the United kingdom! It's been my dream for some time now to be an Astronomer, and the UK have a lot of amazing telescopes."

Jeremy also blushed slightly, he wasn't used to be this conversational with anybody except himself. "What have you always wanted to be?"

Lil' Schu
September 3rd, 2005, 11:39 AM
The blonde woke up from her dreamless sleep. She wasn't going to get much sleep tonight, and she knew it. Lauren was outside of her comfort zone, with people she didn't know, and to top it off, she probably just severed whatever tiny friendships she had made thus far. Yup, I've been a complete moron today. Maybe I can do better tomorrow...

Lauren got up from her bed and went to the vanity set on the dresser. From what she could make out in the darkness, she looked positvely horrible. Her hair was a complete mess, her body was sweating, causing her clothes to stick to herself, but she didn't look tired. Taking out her ponytail, she flipped her head down and ran through her blonde hair with her fingers; after she was done, braided it back. Yes, it looks better. Well, it's a start.

Refreshed, the teenager went out of her room and into the dark hallway. There was a small lump near the door. Peering down at it, Lauren noticed it was Sayuri, sleeping sitting up. "Poor girl..." Lauren said softly. Hoping she wouldn't wake the young girl up, the blonde scooped Sayuri into her arms. She was amazed how light the girl was. Even still, Lauren had a difficult time getting into her room again. Laying Sayuri on her bed, she leaned against wall and rested her eyes.

I just need a little more rest...

Kurosaki
September 3rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
When the moon had reached its highest point in the sky, I quietly left my room and made my way to the roof once more, only to gaze at the stars of this world, if only for a short while.

A short while later, something caught my eye far in the distance, in the direction of the Triet Ruins. A bright red light approached the town, anything in it's path being burnt to a crisp. The loud and terrifying roars of some sort of creature now echoed throughout the night, as a warning to the town not to disturb it. It drew nearer and nearer still. Was this the end?

Raichu Master
September 4th, 2005, 01:40 PM
"Did you hear that?" Jeremy said, cutting off Rei before she could answer his last question. "What was that?" he asked again as he looked back up to the sky, the stares were now fading, something bright was interfering with their steady gleam. They were on the back of the building, so Jeremy couldn't tell what the source was.

"Hold on," Jeremy said as he jumped to his feet. Racing around the corner of the building, Jeremy took off around the corner. "WHAT!?" Jeremy yelled as he slowly back away, appearing from the corner he dashed around. "What's happening!?" Jeremy exclaimed. This can't be the end, they just started! But somehow, Jeremy's pesimestic mind told him otherwise, telling him he would die without even accomplishing anything.

"What are we going to do..." Jeremy mouthed, his legs said run, run as fast as he could, but his mind said stand his ground, be brave. But which to listen to?

Lil' Schu
September 4th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Lauren awoke abruptly to the sound of loud barks coming from outside. "No, it's not time to get up...I want to go back to bed..." Groggily, she dragged herself from the floor and went downstairs. It was deserted, but the blonde felt a strange mood looming in the air. She slowly walked outside.

There wasn't anything stragne about thetown of Triet. I heard something though...maybe one of the others knows... The only people that were still wake were Jeremy, Rei, and David, for sure. Lauren made her way behind the inn, and what was in the distance stupifyed her. What looked like a huge fire was steadily coming towards the town, emitting huge roars as it went.

Panicked, Lauren forgot her sleepiness and ran to the first people she saw -- Rei and Jeremy. "What the heck is that?!" she exclaimed. "Actually, scratch that. How are we going to stop it?!"

Shadowfaith
September 5th, 2005, 11:31 AM
I dunnoI would like to be she was cut off as Jeremy raised a hand to silence her. He then listened out to the roars that echoed through out the night; causing dogs to bark and cats to scatter from their hiding places. Rei jumped involuntarily and her eyes widened to the size of dinner platesnever had she heard anything so terrifying, not even the noises that one would hear in the middle of the night scared her as much as this.

Jeremy sprang to his feet and ran off in the direction the roars seemed to be coming from, telling her to wait a sec when he went to check on things further on. Rei snorted and got to her feet faster than the blink of an eye. She took the two twin blades from her belt and made off after Jeremy towards the direction of the roar.

She found him not long after backing away from some unknown force and around a buildings edge. Rei came to his side, twin blades at the ready and took a quick look around the corner of the building. From afar she could see a red light making its way hastily towards the desert city. Rei grit her teeth and pulled her head back from around the corner.

Jeremy looked to be in great worry, his hair was a mess and his eyes had widened dramatically. Rei gave him a small smile and patted him on the shoulder reassuringly. We can do thisJust thinkwe were pulled here for some reasonthat reason could only be to defeat whatever it is that is comingwere more than capable, Jeremy!

By the wayI always wanted to be an artistdrawings the only thing Im good athey maybe after this I could draw you She grinned Cmonwe need to find the otherswe can take this thing down together...this is your chance Jeremy, show um that you can help! Show um that you care!

Raichu Master
September 5th, 2005, 02:44 PM
"There's a giant something or other coming at us and all you can think about is drawing me?" Jeremy said half exasperated, half amused. Then Lauren came up to them and asked the same questions that Jeremy had been asking. "We don't know. We better get to the others, as Rei said. I'm bettin' my life that David is still pouting on the roof," Jeremy added, he couldn't help himself from the rude remark about David.

He took one hurried step forward, and stopped a minute, seriously contemplating whether they should meet up with David or David should meet up with them. He shook that foolish thought out of his head. There was no time to think of such things, Rei was right, this was his time. His time to show is worth and value to the group of would-be heroes.

"Do you have any clue as to how we can fend this thing off?" he said, asking both Lauren and Rei, hoping that one them had a solution or plan they were formulating. "Or are we just running around like chickens with their heads cut off?"

Lil' Schu
September 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
"We don't know. We better get to the others, as Rei said. I'm bettin' my life that David is still pouting on the roof," Jeremy replied to the blonde's inquiry. 'Huh...he's probably right, you know.' "Do you have any clue as to how we can fend this thing off? Or are we just running around like chickens with their heads cut off?"

Lauren turned to Jeremy. She said dryly, "Despite how fun running crazily around town sounds, we should probably kill this..." Turning to the giant flameball, she noticed it was getting closer each second, sending a omen to the small oasis. "Alrighty...here's my two cents." Lauren took a deep breath. "We go fight it. Now. By the time we find everybody, it may be here already. Despite the fact that we'll probably only delay its arrival..." The blonde left her sentence hanging.