PDA

View Full Version : Chimney Rock Discussion

Raichu Master
August 3rd, 2005, 04:33 AM
Ok I'm tired of all the OOC goin' around. Funny enough, most of it is mine, but before this there wasn't a place to put it. Well now there is. Have a problem about acceptance? Have a question as to why are we moving so fast? Or perhaps why are we moving so slow? Feel free to voice it here.

Also this is a place to discuss the rp as a whole, so if you want to comment on how Skye and I put the thing together, feel free to comment. If you want to comment on particular events upcoming, such as quidditch, balls, the tournament, since we added a junior and senior division, just feel free to comment.

If you want to just kick back and have some fun with members who have joined the rp, do so. If you want to talk to your character(s), feel free no one is going to think you're insane! XD

Skye
August 4th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Ah.....fantastic idea, RM. *kicks back in a chair* It'll be good to get everyone's imput...help us improve the RP as a whole!

Alexis: *watches from a chair on the other side of the room* So I really have to be here...?

Me: Of course you silly!! ^^

Alexis -_-;

Miyu-chan
August 4th, 2005, 12:01 PM
It's just all going... so fast. o.x;

...That's my only comment. xD But its fun so far~ <3

Raichu Master
August 4th, 2005, 12:22 PM
*bangs head off desk several times* Ok...for THE LAST TIME. I shall repeat myself...

I WILL BE THE LAST ONE ON THE TRAIN, SO IF WANT TO TAKE YOU'RE TIME LIKE ME, THEN BE MY GUEST!

Thank you...if you didn't catch the last three times I said that, it might have been because I might have snuck it in.

Sorry...but I'm just a bit frustrated...

Miyu-chan
August 4th, 2005, 12:23 PM
It's okay, n_n;;;;;;

I'll take my time... *backs away slowly* o.o;

Raichu Master
August 4th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Sorry...way too much stuff goin' on. I have yet to start on my next post for Chimney Rocks, and I have to help a few newbs...I guess this is what I get for taking off two days...^^

No matter I'm here until monday then I'm away for the week.

Sorry I snapped, I didn't mean to. It isn't you, most people have been complaining about it...from what I can tell...it's only Jake and Nat really posting right now.

Kalylia
August 4th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, I'm pretty much just on to ask that we not move too fast. I mean, well, Jake's not going to be on for a week, he's on vacation with his family. I prolly won't be on much over the week either, I'm in a play and junk so... We'd both appreciate it if things didn't progress too far...

Raichu Master
August 4th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Don't worry! ^^

I, myself, will be gone on vacation next week, I wouldn't be too worried about the rp going fast. We might be on the train by tomorrow if all goes well, but that being said, there's no doubt that the rp will pick up...

Jaybob
August 5th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Hey i'm no newb i just cant think for a story plot..
*growls*

Raichu Master
August 5th, 2005, 04:33 AM
*sigh* Squall...this is really the wrong thread to be doing this short of stuff on...

This is for Chimney Rock. Not whether someone is a noob or now. If you want to make a complaint...I wouldn't know where to do it at...but it certainly isn't on my discussion thread.

*gives one warning*

Shadowfaith
August 5th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Any complaints can be easily sorted through PM

AngelWolfie
August 6th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks for accepting me, RM and Skye!
^^; Sorry about how I acted, I just wasn't sure exactly what you wanted in a profile. Just wanted to say that ^^;

Raichu Master
August 7th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Just make sure to follow the example of the other rp post for ideas on what we're looking for and how you might improve your post.

Also make sure not to rush around too much. There are a few who are away and a few still waiting, so just take your time.

Raichu Master
August 7th, 2005, 07:12 PM
*breaks double-post rule* Oopsy...

Well just wanted to drop by and say I'm not going to be here monday through most of Wednesday. I'm trying to get along as quick as I can so no one is lagging behind. But I might be unsuccessful. So feel free to move on without me.

I REPEAT! MOVE ON WITHOUT ME!

I will catch up. Besides I have to read all the post anyway to make sure people have been good little rpers! ^^

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Well well well, guess who's back? That's right, Nathaniel Hawthorne, back from the dead! :P Nah, not really. Sorry to dissapoint ya'all. But I, at least, have returned. *yawns* And am catching up on my RPing whislt workin the kinks out of Allesandro and Rhiel. You'll meet them later.

Raichu Master
August 12th, 2005, 04:06 PM
*glares at the dead author* You've caused me nothing but pain and suffering!

Oh...it's just you bud...I thought I'd have to grab my torch and pitch fork there for a second! XD

Glad to have you back! ^^

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Should be back permanantly, and looking forward to being part of a memorable RP! :P

Raichu Master
August 12th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Hopefully as memorable as MaH or more so.

Don't forget to look at the maps of the grounds and so on, so we can be consistent in where everything is.

Don't want people saying that Potions is in the basement...when there isn't a basement. Or transfiguration is on the 10th floor...and there isn't a tenth floor... XD

Wolf_Goddess
August 12th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Since Quidditch is a competition, and SOMEONE has to win, when Quidditch begins, how (or who) will decide which team wins?

Raichu Master
August 12th, 2005, 05:32 PM
No one will be willing to sign up for the sport their first year. I suppose if we want to include the games as a social event sort of (like most sport events in high school), then I suppose Skye or I will do the commentary for the game, and you all can post the reactions your characters have.

~Ozy~
August 12th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Sounds good enough. By the by, would it be possible that they would have a broom racing team, as my more permanant characters aren't Quidditch players, but are rather good flyers.

Raichu Master
August 12th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Might want to talk to Skye about that idea. Best to do it over PM, though.

Sounds intreging though. I like your thinking, Jake! XD

~Ozy~
August 13th, 2005, 06:46 AM
I'll run it by her when I get the chance. Ze Nat'll be out-of-town until the 15th, by the by, so move too fast and I'll go nuts on all ya'alls. :P

Jaybob
August 13th, 2005, 07:33 AM
RM and skye am i in yet? (post too short)

Miyu-chan
August 13th, 2005, 01:30 PM
;-; I'm going to be on a camping trip tommorrow, so I'll be unable to post till Wednesday. ;-;

See ya guys. ;-;

Wolf_Goddess
August 13th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Another question (boy, do I ask a lot!). Since Mira (my character) is a werewolf, at school, where can she go for her transformation? I mean, Lupin had the Whomping Willow which protected the entrance to the Shrieking Shack, so should Mira have something like that?

Raichu Master
August 13th, 2005, 04:39 PM
;-; I'm going to be on a camping trip tommorrow, so I'll be unable to post till Wednesday. ;-;

See ya guys. ;-;

Bye bye! ^^

Man if it's not you it's Nat whose gone...I'm starting to think that you'll never be on that the same time! XD

I'll have to think about it, I'll talk with skye and then I'll get back to you on that, WG.

Squall, yes, but remember we have a 3 warning policy in affect so remember some of the tips I helped you with on your appearance and personality. For I will also be handing out warnings as well.

(All warnings are permenant unless retracted by the person who originally handed out the warning.)

Jaybob
August 14th, 2005, 03:16 AM
ok i will start now yay ^^

Raichu Master
August 17th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Just a bit of an update: I'm back! (well for today), then I'm off tomorrow, hopefully I won't be gone the whole day. One of my horses are sick and I have to run him to a vet that's about 1 1/2 hours away since the others are off call for today and tomorrow. (a coinky dink, aye?)

Also, Squall, read the post to figure out were we were. That's extremely annoying. So I gave you one warning. So be careful from now on. You only get two more chances.

I'm not going to point fingers, but when the actual RP begins and we start with classes I expect people who have been lacking to pick up the pace as far as skills go.

Thank you for your attention! ^^

Oh and welcome back Miyu-chan!

Raichu_tamer
August 20th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah... For anyone wondering, I'm still in the rp >_>... Just can't find anything for me to say =\ I wouldn't be surprised if I don't post anything 'til we get to the school =\... Hehe I'm so tempted to create another character just to keep me company on the train, LOL... Hmm... I might just consider that >_>... Ah well, yeah, I hope this becomes a successful rp!

Raichu Master
August 20th, 2005, 04:19 AM
You can always jump in with my other three characters. They're bored as well and need some company. (Rebecca, Kelly and Russ)

Batesymon
August 20th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Just to let you all know, for those of you who remember I WAS in the Roleplay but was too busy. I probably won't return. Lots of pressure and stuff on me.

Wolf_Goddess
August 20th, 2005, 06:38 PM
It appears as though the RP is...slowing down a bit. Not that many people are posting nowadays...

Miyu-chan
August 20th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks RM! n_n

I'll post later, hopefully, before the day ends. o.o;

Wolf_Goddess
August 20th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I just don't want the RP to go -gasp- locked because of it being over a month!

Raichu_tamer
August 21st, 2005, 02:45 PM
You can always jump in with my other three characters. They're bored as well and need some company. (Rebecca, Kelly and Russ)

I think I'll do that ^.^ Hopefully Miyu won't mind >_>...

Raichu Master
September 3rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Well the train is about to stop at Chimney Rocks. I'm working on a post as I speak. If no one replies then I'll double post *slaps wrist in advance* Bad RM! XD

Raichu_tamer
September 3rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
SPEAKING OF WHICH --- I didn't wana DP But I wanted to mention how many 'OOC's' you've made... even after you've pointed out many times that you have this particular thread for ooc's... >_>... Well I posted so now you don't have to DP :P

Miyu-chan
September 3rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Eep. I like forgot about Rping.

;-; *get trampled by pretty ponies*

...*will post more?* xD;;;;;;

Raichu Master
September 4th, 2005, 09:07 AM
SPEAKING OF WHICH --- I didn't wana DP But I wanted to mention how many 'OOC's' you've made... even after you've pointed out many times that you have this particular thread for ooc's... >_>... Well I posted so now you don't have to DP :P

That's because I'm owner of the RP, and I can bend the rules for my own purposes. XD

Don't worry about it Miyu, I also forgot about this RP. But when I remembered it, it's too good to let die. Not everyday you stumble on some good rps.

Raichu Master
September 4th, 2005, 01:28 PM
For the maps of the school grounds, and the school interior, check out my first post on the first page, I posted the maps for Chimney Rock.

Raichu Master
September 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Not enough description in the personality, and I really don't like when people cheat on their description by posting a pic. Your RP sample could also be alot better. Over all your profile needs some major fixer-uppers. Take some more time into your profile, and add alot more description into your rp sample. Look at some of the ones on the first page for ideas of what I'm looking for.

Since Skye is no longer here to act as second judge. Everyone is at my misery. MWAHAHAHAHA! (and that isn't a good thing...)

Raichu_tamer
September 4th, 2005, 04:27 PM
*nod* If only more people were like you, though! I think a lot of the enteries for rps are way too leanient, resulting in some messed-up rps... I'm almost positive this one will be successful =)

Raichu Master
September 4th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'm currently trying for that, Strider has tighten the rules of the RP a bit, a lot more lasidasical than I would like. I'd actually like it where rps would have to go through a mod, be approved and then have a mod approve each profile when it was posted on the thread.

Then get three warnings for bad posting (anything under a few paragraphs at least) that would give people three "short" post to use sparingly.

I'm a strict person when it comes to following rules.

Oh, and here are the maps and stuff again:

Ground Map: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Raichu123/untitled.bmp

Dorm: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Raichu123/Dorm.bmp

Main Floor: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Raichu123/MainFloor.jpg

Floor 2: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Raichu123/Floor2.jpg

Floor 3: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Raichu123/Floor3.jpg

Floor 4: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Raichu123/Floor4.jpg

Please note that due to the lack of space needed to make them decent when Photobucket tags them, nothing is drawn to scale. You might notice that some of the lettering is scratchy, I'll improve it and put a notice up when I can get Photobucket to cooperate with me. The ground map turned out to be the worst so here are the labels:

Building closest to the entrance (left side) is the Grounds Keeper's quarters. The 5 squares to the right of it are the dorms. The center block is Clawgirth, the upper right block is Viperfang, the upper left is Oakenfern, the bottom left is Chipperscrat, the bottom right is Beckenhoof. The large rectangle standing vertical next to the group of squares is the main school building. The rather large rectangle in the far upper right hand corner is the Quidditch Pitch, where flying instruction will also be held. The block in the bottom left hand corner is where Care of Magical Creatures is located, and the last rectangle, angled on it's side and right below the school building is the Greenhouse where Herbology is located.

Raichu Master
September 4th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Ok, listen. Look at the profiles on the first page to see what I'm looking for. You're RP Sample needs work. It's all one continuous paragraph. There is really something called paragraphs.

DarkFenris
September 4th, 2005, 05:16 PM
grrr is this to your likng?

Name: Raoul fox

Nickname (Optional):

Physical Description:
Raoul is 62 and of average build. He has black messy hair that is all over the place and has a piece of long hair that goes over his right eye. He wears a black singlet type shirt that doesnt have sleeves and baggy black pants that go down to his ankles. He wears black sandshoes.

If that isnt good enough here is a pic. Take the sword away and imagine the pants shorter for no risk of tripping when hes running.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/acey/images/fanart/elizabethk_ash.jpg

Personality: Raoul is a loner, staying away from most people. He likes to distract himself with school work and hobbies like reading and writing a journal. He keeps to himself and if any one talks to him he usually says something harsh. He is an only child and his parents are muggles. He gets treated very badly by his parents and he spends most of his time away from the house. He does not know he is a wizard but he has suspicions about the magical world.

House: Viperfang

Pet (Optional, and not limited to a cat, owl, rat, or toad, but be semi-realistic): owl
RP Sample:

This is an edited post from a different roleplay. Just so you know.

Out side the volcano in the helicopter.

In the helicopter a small rattling sound is heard. A few seconds later a large medical cupboard burst open and a mass of red hair is flung out and gasping sounds are heard. The red blob is hair and it belongs to a young lady in black clothes and a black cloak. She climbs out muttering to her self. Never again am I doing it this way. Next time Ill kill the body guard.

The secret agent climbs out of the cupboard and stands up. She brushes dust off her cloak and puts her red hair into the hood of her black cloak. She bends over and pulls to bags out of the cupboard, one rattling every so slightly. She closes the cupboard and locks it with the key that is in the keyhole. What a pity. Such a good few board games and shelves I had to throw in the ocean. Well, such is the life of the secret agent.

The agent picks her bags and up pushes them through an open window. They drop and make hardly any sound when they land. She then jumps up and squeezes through the window her self. She re-adjusts her hair again and picks her bags up, she then walk to a door in the side of the volcano which is looming over the helicopter. The red head then takes a lock pick set from her pocket and picks the lock on the door. The lock pick set is then quickly put into one of the bags and put under clothes.

She opens the door and picks her bags up. She takes two steps inside and looks around. She hears noises coming from two doors. Voices from one far away and shouts from another, also far away. The secret agent takes another step forward and a light brown blur comes out of the room with people talking and races down the hall and leaps onto her chest.

The secret agent screams. AHHH! HELP! IM BEING ATTACKED BY A WILD ANIMAL! GET IT OFF ME! the agent gets knocked off her feet and lays down on her back, her bags at her sides, putting a fake look of absolute terror on her face.

Wolf_Goddess
September 4th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Gah, I'm trying to find a way to fit into this RP. So, I'll just wait for the sorting (if there is one...) for me to reply.

Raichu Master
September 4th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Drop the pic and actually describe him. Here is an example of the depth of description I'm looking for:

Physical Description: Slightly short for her age, Elie stands at four feet nine with a somewhat athletic frame. Her russet hair flows down to her waist, almost always unruly. It is accompanied by bangs; long ones on the sides, and shorter ones on the front. Her eyes are emerald green in color with specks of silver, though only visible to those who examine it carefully.

She favors dressing in muggle clothing rather than school uniforms, which she whines that it's 'too stuffy'. Her clothes usually consist of anything loose or boyish-like; a big shirt and baggy pants or shorts, or perhaps anything she borrows from he big brother. She never wears anything feminine. She also has two little fangs that are evident whenever she smiles, talk, or simply open her mouth.

That was an exert from Marina99's profile. Pic's annoy me.

I like your personality section, it's fine. Good description of what goes on in his head.

You're RP Sample has improved, very choppy, and alot of grammatical errors. If you were younger, I might have let you passed with that, because some skills can only develop as you grow older.

WG: Russ, Rebecca, and Kelly are kind of lonely. I meant for RT to have Noah chat with them, but he joined Rae and Matt. So your character can kind of "bump into those three (Russ, Rebecca, and Kelly) like as in, your character was thrown in the same carriage. And yes there are sortings.

Wolf_Goddess
September 5th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Oh, OK then, I will! Yay, sortings! I wonder if there'll be a song...

Raichu Master
September 5th, 2005, 01:18 PM
No song sorry. Skye and I haven't gotten to the sorting yet, and she's currently away. College tying her down I would guess. So I'm winging it. XD

Wolf_Goddess
September 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Hmmnnn...It seems as though this RP is dying...*sad sob*