PDA

View Full Version : BE honest about pkmn

sgtpepper00987
September 14th, 2003, 02:04 PM
I am new to this forum, but I am a junior in high school and some may see that as pathetic that I havent been able to let Pokemon go since I got into it about five years ago. Pokemon gives me an escape from the everyday world that is so violent and quick, Pokemon lets me be a little kid again and I just love the skin I am in when I am around it...I just want to know if any of you feel the same and if you would just tell us your sincere feelings of Pokemon.

Also, of what I've seen on this forum it is quite possibly the best Pokemon/anime forum I've ever seen and I would like to try to get to know some of you so that I can keep coming back.

Timbjerr
September 14th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Hey! I'm a junior in high school too...

I really don't know what it is about pokemon that makes me like it, but I believe it may be its versatility, how people of all genders and ages can enjoy different aspects of the game. there are many different aspects to the pokemon games and every fan of the series has their personal fave (mine is the concept of pokemon battles) and everyone has their own fave pokemon as well (mine is Crobat *points to av*)

sgtpepper00987
September 14th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I love the battles and the utopian world...A perfect society that would just be the best to eist in. My fav pkmn is gyardos

Dizzy
September 14th, 2003, 04:39 PM
um like i like it cuz it helps escape popularity and all that other stuff at school ....... and im a freshman does that count??

Timbjerr
September 14th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I love the battles and the utopian world...A perfect society that would just be the best to exist in.
yeah, I love the imaginary worlds the games offer me to explore (to be honest, the geography of the new region is the first thing I study when a new pokmon game comes out)

Dizzy
September 14th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Oh yeah , I'd never tell my friends i like pokemon , they laugh me out of the school ^^.

Timbjerr
September 14th, 2003, 05:44 PM
I make pokmon references when talking to my friends, but they play it off as if I'm joking or something. They picked on me in 7th grade for knowing a lot about pokmon (i.e. I had the first 150 pokemon and their pokedex number memorized), and called me the "Pokmon Guru" every once in a while, they "lovingly" refer to me as pokemon guru...

Q Man
September 14th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Yea, I'm a Junior in high school (yea, me too :p) and I must admit, I like Pokmon, since it keeps my inner child nice and active... I've always loved cartoons, even to this day... It's just one of those things that I can't let go of at all...

Frostweaver
September 14th, 2003, 11:22 PM
now i feel so old... i'm in high school :( but at least i know a few ppl here who is even older than me :)

i really like Pokemon. Really really do. I never openly tell my friends about it, but if we suddenly move to a topic about Pokemon, then i'll defend the Pokemon side. (and in order to make it so i am only neutral for Pokemon, i defend all types of anime and tv show, be it teletubbies or beyblade...) Also it's one of the best multiplayer game around. Did i mention that it's the only multiplayer game except for DDR that doesnt' involve "killing" but only "fainting?" Plus it's also not violent, like some stupid arcade games "let's go grab a chain saw and kill people! yeah!" Some games are just mass killing or do other evil deeds like Vicecity to name a few (sorry Vicecity fans...). Just because it's not doing "bad stuff" doesn't mean it's not complicated and interesting like other games. Try to explain DV IV system to a high school student and most likely they won't understand and just say "whatever... who cares about your 'simple and childish game'. I can beat it so easily" And speaking "difficulty" of the game, Pokemon is twice more difficult than RPGs like Final Fantasy anyday...

The anime is also one of the few animes not about a bunch of evil doers coming out to destroy the world, and you "destroy" them in return in order to restore peace (like war... "we must win this war to end the wars"). It's an utopia in Pokemon where a lot of people are good, and the "evil" people will change to good later. If only i can live in a world like that... (did i mention there's like no school in Pokemon? :p )

Dizzy
September 15th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Omg , I will never ever tell my friends , Id lose everything ......... I wouldnt be able to play DDR , Or talk to my friends , be popular , i wouldnt be able to wear fashions ....... i wouldnt even be able to be in tan house ......... WAhhhhhh , oh well they'll never kno lol

Iveechan
September 15th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Ok, we get the idea you're popular, you don't have to keep reminding everybody.

I am a bit ashamed of liking it, but that's why I like to visit the forums. My favorite aspect of the the Pokemon fandom is drawing and writing about them and making up my own Pokemon/moves/land/etc. I also like the game but not as much since I still don't understand everything about it (I know about DV's but I don't know how to find out what they are). The game is very customable. You can choose your gender (in the later games) and name yourself and your rival (I wish you could do that in RS). I love giving my rival degrading names, like "The A$$" and "B*TCH". Makes the dialogue quite enjoyable. But everything about the game is customized. You choose your own starter and your own team, and you can nickname them, and since no Pokemon have the same stats and gender varies on most of them, that team is purely yours. And with personalities and contests, Pokemon has an even more "your own" feel. And the game has a ton of strategy, especially in RS where the strategy is even more intense with 2 on 2 battles and abilities.

But most importantly, I just like the Pokemon. Since there's so many, there's a lot to choose from and you're likely to have many favorites. Soemtimes it's hard to pick one favorite. And most of them look cool :D.

I'm 19... that makes me pretty old for liking it. But who says Pokemon is a kiddie fandom? Just because Pikachu and other cutesy Pokemon always get products made of them, people assume that that's all Pokemon is... cutesy critters with annoyingly high pitched voices. But these poor souls have no idea this amazing craze runs much deeper than that...

sgtpepper00987
September 15th, 2003, 12:44 PM
This makes me feel much more comfortable, I mean I would never just up and stop liking it b/c I've been so into it for such a long time, but I ws getting leary of being almost 17 and playing the game and wanting to watch the new eps....In some ways that still makes me a geek no matter how many ppl out there are like me, but I really dont care now b/c I see that you guys get into it to keep you "inner child' alive as well. Just the Idea of escaping and being in another world should appeal to everyone b/c if you stay in this world for too long then that's when your mind truly becomes warped.

Thanks for the response, I really like it here...If any of you could post a section about the new eps every week that would be really cool b/c I have no way of seeing them, thanks.

Rift
September 15th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Im in eighth grade and iv liked Pokemon ever since it came out! if my friends new i still liked Pokemon, they make fun of me so i lie! i kinda let go of Pokemon for a few months last year cause it wasnt "in" anymore, but hey once you like it you just cant let go i guess! :D

Sapphire
September 15th, 2003, 03:17 PM
I dont really know when PKMN came out near me, but like a couple months after the Red and Blues games came out I was watching an episode and liked it! I was like in 2 grade. Everyone at my old school knows that me and my friends like it, so were made fun of, but thats there problem! and now at my new school, i think they now I like it. ^_^ Im gonna like PKMN for my entire life!

Fire Master
September 15th, 2003, 03:58 PM
In my old school, some people liked pokemon and i did too so it was okay. I am in a new school now and knowone likes pokemon.

Yes the world of pokemon is amazing. It is long. Also learing about types and DV's and stuff takes time to learn. Finaly my mom found out it was good becasue she saw my bro reading the cards and stuff to pokemon he did not even know!

BTW, my fav pokemon is all the fire pokemon and the cute pokemon too!

Soph
September 15th, 2003, 06:26 PM
im in senior high school. im 16 years old. i get teased like heck for liking pokemon, but i can deal with that. people liked pokemon wen it was a craze and only the true fans have stuck with it. i am one, so are most people here....

Frostweaver
September 15th, 2003, 10:10 PM
on my last year in this high school... i'll so put "i actually really love Pokemon" in my yearbook entry... since it'll be close to the end of school anyway, it doesn't matter for me to tell everyone, as we'll all seperate into our own ways after gr12...

either way, may Pokemon last eternal...

Dizzy
September 16th, 2003, 11:02 AM
if i did that ................ i wouldnt be ........... theyed hate me

Pezz
September 16th, 2003, 11:18 AM
If your friends would abandon you just for liking Pokemon, Dizzy, then they're probably not true friends.

Anyway, I love Pokemon. A lot of it is for all the nostalgia it brings me. Number one though, is I just love the Pokemon world. All the varied landscapes and cities and all the Pokemon. It's fun to make up the mythology of the world and fill in the blanks about customs, etc. Fanfics are so fun to write based on Pokemon games, because there's so much that we don't know about the life of the people in the Pokeworld.

Plus, the game is fun, the anime (well, Kanto and Hoenn at least) is enjoyable, and the little critters are awesome ^_^

Dizzy
September 16th, 2003, 11:22 AM
they are my true friends , we've been friends since we were little i cant let sum silly little kids show get in the way of our friendship

The game is a different story

Greed
September 16th, 2003, 01:15 PM
they are my true friends , we've been friends since we were little i cant let sum silly little kids show get in the way of our friendship

Hmm.. well, Dizzy, you seem to care so much about ur popularity than something u like, hun. :(

At least ur not in my school, poke-fans get beat up everyday, why else would I have a black-eye or my nose be bleeding as I write this? O.o;; Owww...

Besides, I'm not a popular gurl, and yes, people who found out I liked pokemon left me, but I just told them to *bleep* off since I don't care about popularity.. : P
That's a reason, I don't like to be popular, EVERY move u make counts, and if u do a mistake, you can be a laughing stock. I'm not popular AT ALL, so NO ONE even frickin' cares what I do or if I do a mistake, I'm just dead to them..

Anyways, back on topic.. I realy think Pokemon's waaaay too childish, it almost reminds me of Barney and Teletubbies. yech.. But I only like it cus of the pokemon, I HATE every character there *except the elites and gym leaders* ^.^

Frostweaver
September 16th, 2003, 02:07 PM

i know popularity is important to you... but is it really worthy to sacrifice the real "who you are" to force yourself to be the popular "who you are"? A friend is someone who will always be with you regardless of anything. If all it takes is an anime/game to destroy this friendship, i'll just smash this right now...

i am not a popular person but i still have friends. There are even people in church that dislikes me (can't really say "hate") because i like Pokemon... but i also have true friends who doesn't mind the fact at all that i like Pokemon.

Dizzy
September 16th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Awww thank you somuch cartoon!

but frostweaver , these are the same people ive been with forever , there like my brothers and sisters , i dont like to ridiculed either , they are my true friends , weve been through everything together , when we had problems we all helped that one person , like when i got into a fight last year , i beat that kid up so bad because he said i was gay , and my friends had my back , we all punched him together , Cartoon OMG your right , I will Tell them to F*** off........ thanks for the advice u guys ^^ , its not every anime , we always watch mature anime , like sailormoon , cowboy bebop , even love hina on saturdays ................

sgtpepper00987
September 16th, 2003, 02:22 PM
This thread has turned into as close of a bash thread as it can get b/c all I read is how pokemon is a shamed secret....or just something you dont really like you just play it for the game, so we might as well drop it.

Dizzy
September 16th, 2003, 02:27 PM
no this is a good discussion , i dont see any bashment , so keep discussing .

Kairi
September 16th, 2003, 02:50 PM
A lot of people are sticking up for their beliefs in Pokmon, and I don't see anyone saying "Because you tell everybody you like Pokmon, you're a loser!" etc. It's stayed very clean.

sgtpepper00987
September 16th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Well, I guess I am reading between the lines and I am just seeing what I want to see I guess. BUt it just seems that there is an underlying hint of shame coming from some, but that may jsut be me.

Dizzy
September 16th, 2003, 03:13 PM
I am ashamed of liking pokemon sometimes.
Like i said the game is a different Story.
Its not like anyone worships pokemon like gods , that would be just unhealthy

Frostweaver
September 16th, 2003, 03:21 PM
A lot of people are sticking up for their beliefs in Pokmon, and I don't see anyone saying "Because you tell everybody you like Pokmon, you're a loser!" etc. It's stayed very clean.

then that means the US must be doing a lot better in terms of manner... if you dare to say that in a Canadian high school... i'll pick you up from the hospital after school then. If you didn't end up in the hospital, then you can live your life in isolation until they forget that you like Pokemon... that's how sad things are. If there's no group projection, i won't mind but right now i'll still have to rely on these "lovely" classmates of mine to get a good mark.

and Dizzy if what you described really is the case, then tell them that you like Pokemon. I'm sure they won't leave you.

Kairi
September 16th, 2003, 03:35 PM
I wear my Mew pin on my shirt all the time...maybe I said that already, but yeah. I want people to know I like it and flaunt it in public when possible. People don't dislike me for it, I'm talented etc. so they have to respect me. However, they don't mind it either.

Dizzy
September 16th, 2003, 05:33 PM
I want to tell them , but maybe i shouldnt , maybe when im a senior .....

Timbjerr
September 16th, 2003, 05:54 PM
stangely at my school, all pokfans have this aura around them that only other pokfans detect...maybe it's in the way they walk or in the way they talk, or it could be the fact that almost all of them have a Pikachu keychain hooked onto their backpack zipper...(not me, mine is a Golbat...lol ^.^)

I think that most kids at my school are indifferent towards pokmon, no one is judgemental. I even overheard two of my friends talking about the pokmon anime in the art room (if I wasn't so preoccupied with my own artwork, I would've gone over and talked with them...)

Dizzy
September 16th, 2003, 05:56 PM
its something when i draw pokemon because my friends think they are mythical beasts , unless i draw like pikachu or sumthin , i really dont wanna tell them

Frostweaver
September 16th, 2003, 11:58 PM
maybe Dizzy you can test them out kind of thing... draw a Pikachu (obvious "pokemon" figure) and see what they say. If they act positively against it, then good for you. Tell them you like Pokemon now and nothing bad will go on.

If they act negatively against it, you can always defend yourself by saying it's just a drawing nothing wrong with it kind of thing. Or say that you're drawing this for a little cousin or something... just find alternative methods to test out what they feel about Pokemon first then.

G-LANCE
September 17th, 2003, 12:04 AM
iv always luved pkmn. even though i recently joined (well not really but look at my post count, not bad eh?) iv probably liked pkmn as long as any of u. i remember my firsts, first pkmn card, first fav, blah blah blah...
anyway i think pokemon is a work of art and will probably have a legacy, like gundam and robotech. besides, "it took the world by storm", did ya hear that? STORM!

John Denver
September 17th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Everyone in my school likes pokemon, and some little 8th graders in the middle school make fun of me for liking pokemon when in my mind I KNOW they like pokemon as well...yes they do...

BOO ya!

Greed
September 17th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Awww thank you somuch cartoon!

but frostweaver , these are the same people ive been with forever , there like my brothers and sisters , i dont like to ridiculed either , they are my true friends , weve been through everything together , when we had problems we all helped that one person , like when i got into a fight last year , i beat that kid up so bad because he said i was gay , and my friends had my back , we all punched him together , Cartoon OMG your right , I will Tell them to F*** off........ thanks for the advice u guys ^^ , its not every anime , we always watch mature anime , like sailormoon , cowboy bebop , even love hina on saturdays ................
No prob, hun. ^^

I hope I didn't sound mean.. O.o;;;;

Dizzy
September 17th, 2003, 01:53 PM
actully it sounded sincere and caring , weird huh lol , i dunno , i might have to fight them to get them to realize that i can liek wut i wanna like ^^

Greed
September 17th, 2003, 01:54 PM
*hugs teh Wataru avatar aka G-LANCE's avatar* Mesa luuuvs Wataru.. =^^=

Hey! That's a gweat idea, frostweaver! Dizzy, u should really try it! Who knows? Perhaps they won't be mean about it! Good going, frostweaver! (uh oh...)

*Pats Frostweaver so heard that accidentaly sends frosty on the floor* Uhhh.. oops, my bad.. ^^;; *picks up frostweaver and tidies frosty up looking apologitecaly* Right.. Umm.. sowwy about that, frosty! I just do that whenever I'm weid.. O.o;; He he.. sowwy!

*backs away ten feet*

Anyways, frosty's right. You could just defend yourself like she said so that not all hope is lost. ^^ Good going! *gets ready to pat frostweaver but backs off* Umm.. right.. the hard-pat thing, I forgot! ^.^;;;

~*CaRtOON

Dizzy
September 17th, 2003, 01:57 PM
lol she's funny , we should make a joke thread lol !

Frostweaver
September 17th, 2003, 02:17 PM
first of all "he" not "she"... ahem...

secondly, that isn't the only way to "sound" them out. There are always alternatives that won't embarrass yourself if your friends don't like it but you can bring up the Pokemon topic safely.

Another way is to just talk about "oh did you know that they made a Pokemon game on graphing calculator?" go from there. If they just shrug it off and say whatever kind of thing, that means they don't hold much of a negative image for POkemon. If they starts insulting it, then you know it's not the safest thing to do then...

(btw do not play that game on the calculator... first of all calculator is a calculator not a gameboy, and second of all it's screwed up)

Dizzy
September 17th, 2003, 02:38 PM
silly , i was talkin about cartoon ....................

Doctor Itsy
September 17th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Omg , I will never ever tell my friends , Id lose everything ......... I wouldnt be able to play DDR , Or talk to my friends , be popular , i wouldnt be able to wear fashions ....... i wouldnt even be able to be in tan house ......... WAhhhhhh , oh well they'll never kno lol
GOSH! If I was a super moderator you would lose about half your post count, you don't have to repeat everything you say over and over again.

Frostweaver
September 17th, 2003, 04:37 PM
no not you... it's the "she" inside cartoon's post that i'm referring to...

either way, i still think that they'll accept you dizzy even if you like Pokemon and they don't

ash_misty4ever
September 17th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Dizzy, if popularity is so important to u let it go because in the end u lose it all! when ur an adult u dont be cool be being popular. now i wear pokemon shirts everyday because i have pver 50 sirts... heck im wearing my pokemon ruby shirt right now!!(got it for my b-day at target) i know alot of people who love pokemon as much as i do but a little more less cause i am the ultimate pokemon trainer!!! :classic: ok anyway i am glad alot of u show that u like Pokemon and if ur TRUE friends dont like it maybe they just arent the TRUE type.

dang alls u are in high school and im in the 6th grade!!!
*dreams* hey wanna battle 3 on 3? *looks up at high schooler* AHHHHH a giant!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Greed
September 18th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Great thinking dude! ^^ *once again I do teh Pat of Doom, which once again, send frosty down* Whoops... O.O;;;;;;; SOWWY AGAIN! @.@ Someone ought to do that to me so that I can learn how poor frosty feels.. :(

*Hint: I'm now nicknaming Frostweaver frosty! Yay! If this offends u, frosty-boi, please tell me. *.*

(police pikachu arrive and take away CaRtOON, in the kickin' and screamin' thing.)

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!!!!

Dizzy
September 18th, 2003, 11:31 AM
GOSH! If I was a super moderator you would lose about half your post count, you don't have to repeat everything you say over and over again.

ugh ur so mean , how come ur the only who is so mean to me? i didnt do anything to you so f*** off cause your annoying the Hhell outta me

Miyu-chan
September 19th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Stop it Dizzy and Docter Itsy. :/ I don't want to see this turn ugly. T.T

Ahem....
I first saw the pokemon dub, and I liked it. I never really played the games until recently. (I'm playing silver and sapphire) I love the games. *_* But I don't really research them, or something... x_x; I love the kawaii little pokemon, I used to have a Polywhirl (sp?) keychain on my bookbag. XD

I can't really say that I love pokemon, I just like it. n_n But the games are addicting. *_*

G-LANCE
September 19th, 2003, 04:42 AM
ve..ry s..o
ve..ry addic...tive
AAAAAHHHHH
*eats ruby cartridge*

jynx
September 19th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I want to play Pokemon in school.
But everytime I play, my schoolmates just teased at me!! :dead:

sgtpepper00987
September 19th, 2003, 11:38 AM
It's things like that that just enforce the unfairness of the world, we all should be able to indulge our interests without criticism, but I guess as long as we can relate here than it is better than being alone.

Dizzy
September 19th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Id never ever do that , they might laugh me out , and i dnt want to be looked down upon , just because i like a little kids show ............

Fire Master
September 19th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Do you guys know how hard it is to pretend to be ignorant about pokemn? they said soemthing like pikachu is a grass type and i was almost like "no it is electric" But it turned out more like no it is stupide. My best friend thinks i hate pokemon....and i am invitng her tomorow to come over! *takes out huge poster of pokemon from room*

Dizzy
September 19th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Thats the same way I am !!!! Woah how cool is that , *burns pokemon posters * * flushes action figures down the toilet *

Greed
September 19th, 2003, 02:13 PM
ugh ur so mean , how come ur the only who is so mean to me? i didnt do anything to you so f*** off cause your annoying the Hhell outta me
YAY! *Applauds but when CaRtOON turns her head, she sees Miyu-Chan shaking her head, then stops clapping* He he he... ^^;;;

Yeah, see, Dizzy? That's exactly the way everyone should use when they get ticked off! I use it, and it works! ^^;

*Miyu-Chan gives CaRtOON a "Don't-Encourage-This" look* He he he... ^^;;; I'll just shut up now..

*Sees Lance avatar again, then grabs it and dances away*

Dizzy
September 19th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Cartoon's ill , she's in my Friendship Circle ^^ , !!!!! THAnX 4 the ADVICE CARTOON ^^

22sa
September 19th, 2003, 10:13 PM
I am new to this forum, but I am a junior in high school and some may see that as pathetic that I havent been able to let Pokemon go since I got into it about five years ago. Pokemon gives me an escape from the everyday world that is so violent and quick, Pokemon lets me be a little kid again and I just love the skin I am in when I am around it...I just want to know if any of you feel the same and if you would just tell us your sincere feelings of Pokemon.

Also, of what I've seen on this forum it is quite possibly the best Pokemon/anime forum I've ever seen and I would like to try to get to know some of you so that I can keep coming back.
Ah.

I've been able quit Pokemon for various length of time in Junior High. Since I strangely stopped watching TV and was totally away from Pokemon in Grade 9/10 I know very little. Than May 27th or something I got kind of desperate and went online to search for Pokemon and ya... I started reading about Pokemon and it's news for a short while.

I probably know just this one person that likes Pokemon at my school, it doesn't matter though since I haven't been able to fit Pokemon in my schedule and it seems to not be showing on TV here in Canda anymore:/.

Frostweaver
September 19th, 2003, 10:46 PM
um... YTV, 5:00 for weekdays... Pokemon will be on (last time i checked which is 3 weeks ago ^_^;; )

jynx
September 20th, 2003, 12:45 AM
Thats the same way I am !!!! Woah how cool is that , *burns pokemon posters * * flushes action figures down the toilet *
Oh....
Well, i only invite my Pokemon friends to my house!
Others? "I'm sorry, my parents are busy today."

Timbjerr
September 20th, 2003, 05:25 AM
LOL...the other day, I was bored in class and I sketched a Crobat on the back of my paper. One of my classmates looked at me drawing it, and I think I scared him into thinking I was gothic or somethin' He said, "a four-winged bat? I never knew you were into all that gothic [stuff]" (replace "stuff" with another S word)

jynx
September 20th, 2003, 07:07 AM
LOL...the other day, I was bored in class and I sketched a Crobat on the back of my paper. One of my classmates looked at me drawing it, and I think I scared him into thinking I was gothic or somethin' He said, "a four-winged bat? I never knew you were into all that gothic [stuff]" (replace "stuff" with another S word)
XDDD
my primary textbooks are filled with Pokemon drawings!
Especially Mandarin one, errr..Mandarin lessons are the most boring ever!! :dead:

Dizzy
September 20th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Oh....
Well, i only invite my Pokemon friends to my house!
Others? "I'm sorry, my parents are busy today."

cool , pokemon the show is for kiddies ......... and what do you mean by pokemon friends????? lol

jynx
September 20th, 2003, 08:33 AM
cool , pokemon the show is for kiddies ......... and what do you mean by pokemon friends????? lol
I mean those ppl I know who likes Pokemon.

Dizzy
September 20th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Oh , Well I can see why. My friends and I share one Common Thing , The mall , were constantly at the mall . But sometimes we occasionally walk into toy stores and Electronic Boutiques ........... Sometimes ill look at Pokemon and they'll think im buying them for my nephew...

Kayleigh
September 20th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Okay, I'm new so that's why my post is late on this thread. ^_^'

Pokmon's been my favorite show for like five years now, and I'm still not ashamed to admit that in front of anybody! ;) No offense intended, but I think that anyone who is too embarrassed to admit that they like a certain show is not a true fan. Luckily I have a nice brother that's really close to my age and he likes Pokmon almost (lol) as much as I do!
My best friend isn't exactly crazy about it, but she still likes to watch it, play the games, etc.
I don't mean to sound like anyone who won't admit Pokmon's their favorite show is a trader, because some freaks would beat them up if they did. O_o Just around friends though, a person should feel comfortable enough to say things like that.

Oh, and btw, I'm in Junior High too! ^_^ When I first joined this site I was thinking that there'd probably be a lot of younger kids, but it's actually turned out to have more of my age! *claps*

Stephanie_
September 20th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Oh I'm in junior high to an 8th grader to be exact....
Anyway I have a comment to your post Kayleigh...
I know people shouldn't be afraid to admitt that stuff expecally if they love that anime or thing a lot like with you and pokemon haha! It's right I think that and I fully go to your desicion but sometimes people wonder about how there friends will react, its all a matter people should get over they should be able to go on a cliff and say I love pokemon or something...
I've loved pokemon since 5 years and I'd always be watching it! I'm the only one out of my friends who like anime...so it does get embarrassing saying things like that...but some of my friends know and some dont I like it how it is but if they ask I would tell ^_^ So people should say the truth...

Timbjerr
September 20th, 2003, 06:20 PM
I agree with Kayleigh. I may not be totally open with my obsession with pokmon, but the few people in my circle of friends all know and at times call me the "pokmon guru" for it...

22sa
September 20th, 2003, 07:34 PM
um... YTV, 5:00 for weekdays... Pokemon will be on (last time i checked which is 3 weeks ago ^_^;; )
Okay, got it, but it's not on this week. Maybe it'll be on next week. >.> Thanx.

Greed
September 21st, 2003, 12:28 PM
I know I'm so Ill. ^^;;
My friends don't mind me liking Pokemon, they think it's cute, actually. O.o;; Besides, they also think Pokemon is cool cus it's kiddish. ^^

Hakudoushi-kun
September 21st, 2003, 07:11 PM
i did a project on pkmn last year in grade 8, and everyone in my class liked it. i guess most people thought i was funny, so they liked what i had created. no one gets beat up or anything for liking pkmn at my school(there are some verbal comments, but not much). <_<

Miyu-chan
September 22nd, 2003, 03:13 AM
Do people actully get beaten up for liking Pokemon? =_= Such a strange world... I don't tell my friends that I like pokemon, but they're even worse then me, cause they see Hamtaro. -_-" I like Hamtaro too, they're so kawaii! XD

Kayleigh
September 22nd, 2003, 08:40 AM
Yeah, Hamtaro is so adorable! ^_^ Alot of people still like Pokmon here (Or atleast they don't make bad comments about it) but since Yu-gi-oh came out, it's lost some of its popularity. I'm still a #1 fan though! Pokmon's just such a cute and cool show, and I love how they made it for both boys and girls.

Dizzy
September 22nd, 2003, 11:19 AM
At my school , the pokemon kids and Yugioh Kids get beat up , i know its wrong , They think of yu gi oh as a more evolved version of pokemon though , just because they use monsters with jaws and crap like that ....

Kayleigh
September 22nd, 2003, 04:39 PM
At my school , the pokemon kids and Yugioh Kids get beat up , i know its wrong , They think of yu gi oh as a more evolved version of pokemon though , just because they use monsters with jaws and crap like that ....
Really?! That's dumb... I don't ever watch Yu-gi-oh, but I keep hearing how much 'cooler' it is than Pokmon. :tired: I disagree.
Not like Pokmon is any better of a show, it's just that I don't see why people are always comparing it to Yu-gi-oh! Sure, they both have monsters/creatures on them, but besides that the shows are completely different. I think it's only because both are such profitable buisnesses so they're kind of rivaling each other now. *sighs*

Dizzy
September 22nd, 2003, 04:43 PM
I hate Yugioh actually , its just a bunch of cards .......

Kayleigh
September 22nd, 2003, 04:48 PM
I know... I've never really understood how the card playing part could be interesting. o_o

Stephanie_
September 22nd, 2003, 05:01 PM
At my school all the people that like anime hang out I talk to a lot of those people even though some of my friends don't like them I don't see whats wrong with them I'm just real good hearted is what people say to me...I actually had a comment that I have a golden heart o_O well he people that hang out in that group get teased except for me....I don't see why so what if they like anime it rocks!

Hakudoushi-kun
September 22nd, 2003, 06:44 PM
yugioh's pretty cool. almost all animes have a great storyline. i don't compare any to another. each one is great in different ways

Miyu-chan
September 23rd, 2003, 02:22 PM
Yuugioh is great. *_*

And...back to Pokemon. XD I have this habit of bring my GBC with Pkmn Silver to school, and yesterday, it got discovered by my friend. I was like..."Eheheh... *sweatdrop*" And my friend said, "Can I borrow it?" And then my classmates strated going on about how less Pokemon I have in my Pokedex. x_x; I was surprised.

Kairi
September 23rd, 2003, 02:31 PM
Lol, that's why my game paks have completed Pokdexes. Kids came up to me and quizzed me on Pokdex data, and I shocked them. XD

Frostweaver
September 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
i was always considered as a terrible player. 22 pokemon in pokedex with 200 hour record, only 1 trainer star too. They just go like "ahaha this guy probably lose so many times that it'll take him at least a whole year to get another trainer star."

but as long as i know what i'm doing, i don't really care...

Timbjerr
September 23rd, 2003, 02:44 PM
Actually, I'm beginning to think that a lot of kids at my school like pokmon, but almost all of them keep it a secret...today, I was talkling to two of my friends that were discussing the pokmon anime and I was like O.o "I didn't know you two were into pokmon!"
And I just now recalled that during the testing at the end of last year, someone brought a GBC with Pokmon Silver with it to play with after the test, and I remember he asked em to beat the elite 4 for him, and he was surprised that I could beat them so easily (to be honest, I was also surprised, with the attacks his pokmon had -_-)

Hakudoushi-kun
September 23rd, 2003, 07:00 PM
yes, they hide their true feelings. isn't that sad. tsk tsk

Stephanie_
September 23rd, 2003, 07:19 PM
It is sad very sad why would you want to keep a part of you hidden?

22sa
September 24th, 2003, 05:24 AM
You know, no one at my school would really dislike you for liking Pokemon if you can keep cool... >_>;;

jynx
September 24th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Lol, that's why my game paks have completed Pokdexes. Kids came up to me and quizzed me on Pokdex data, and I shocked them. XD
XDDD
I used to be a Cantonese-English-Japanese Pokemon dictionary to my friends.
They kept asking me, "Dictionary, What's XXX(what ever) Japanese name?"

Hakudoushi-kun
September 24th, 2003, 06:16 PM
must've been bother some. people who base their info from dubs are always asking what happens next, and so on.

Timbjerr
September 24th, 2003, 06:32 PM
must've been bother some. people who base their info from dubs are always asking what happens next, and so on.
most of the RL pokfans I know are 10 y/o like that, I think they thought I worked at 4kids or something when I told them everything that happens to Ash in Hoenn...

Frostweaver
September 24th, 2003, 07:52 PM
most of the RL pokfans I know are 10 y/o like that, I think they thought I worked at 4kids or something when I told them everything that happens to Ash in Hoenn...

i wish i can do that to foolish ppl like that... if you're knowledgable about a certain thing, then you'll be mistaken to be an official member about it...

Miyu-chan
September 25th, 2003, 03:36 AM
XD You know, I saw on TV, that in Japan, there's a Pokemon Contest, that kids and their parents join. x_x; They were cool. They were like quizzing them on their cries and their length, and the TV show... My mom was like "they're insane" x_x;;

jynx
September 25th, 2003, 03:49 AM
XD You know, I saw on TV, that in Japan, there's a Pokemon Contest, that kids and their parents join. x_x; They were cool. They were like quizzing them on their cries and their length, and the TV show... My mom was like "they're insane" x_x;;
They did that in Hong Kong 3years ago too.....I wish they had continued.

ash_misty4ever
September 27th, 2003, 03:38 PM
OKAY! i am getting soo mad! Popularity this blah blah blah Ok now i think this thing should be deleted because its pointless to talk about flushing pokemon action figs down the toilet because your friends wont like u?!!

Dizzy
September 27th, 2003, 05:11 PM
um first of all , thats flame , and i can report you for that , and yes , im entitled to if i feel so leave me the helll alone. Who do you think you are anyways? Im a member just like you so you need to cool it. OK?

Kairi
September 27th, 2003, 05:17 PM
You have to realize some people are ashamed, that's what this topic is for. For stories about both sides. Don't get so caught up in your side that you can't even see the other.

Dizzy, don't censor bypass please.

Dizzy
September 27th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Sorry Kairi ( can i say Heck instead? )

Im sorry if i flamed him back , please dont ban me !
Im your number one fan !

Kairi
September 27th, 2003, 05:28 PM
No one would ban you over such a small thing. You're a valuable member, everyone makes mistakes.

Yes, heck is fine.

Hakudoushi-kun
September 28th, 2003, 07:25 PM
there are people here that get offended by words like that (ok by me though^-^
) so ya, like kairi said, there are alternatives. sorry dizzy if i'm bagging on you

Keitaro
October 2nd, 2003, 08:28 AM
I'm replying to the start of the topic btw...
I'm 20 and I still am into Pokmon (even though I'm more into anim itself) I consider Pokmon the reason I'm even in anim so I will never give up on it. It's lil thing I like to call freedom, people out there cost their lives for it so we shouldn't let it goto waste just because another one of us doesn't like it, all my buddies know I like Pokmon and they don't care they still know me as me lol. (Yes us canadians have some freedom too, we just don't like to boast about it as much as americans lol).

Dizzy
October 2nd, 2003, 06:50 PM
I put all my pokemon stuff in a box and shoved it in a corner in my attic , but dont get me wrong i love pokemon just as much as the next guy , i just think its more for kids

Hakudoushi-kun
October 2nd, 2003, 06:55 PM
i keep all my pkmn stuff in an old backpack(mostly TCG cards). i sometimes look over them and get surprised at what i actually have.

baby*j
October 3rd, 2003, 07:09 PM
I'm a sophmore in HS (one of the worst in NYC thank you very much :dead: )

And I like Pokemon, yeah I admit it. I wouldn't ever admit it publicly though ... :nervous:

Dizzy
October 3rd, 2003, 09:03 PM
Woah im like the same way , except imma freshman .....

DragonTrainer
October 4th, 2003, 05:29 AM
Yeah I'm like that too.I love pokemon, though it would ruin my life if my friends knew about it.

Kayleigh
October 4th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Most of you are so worried about what other people think. My mom gave me a discussion about this last night, lol. -_-; If your 'friends' wouldn't like you anymore just because you liked Pokmon, (Or anything else) then they're not true friends. That plainly means that they're not worth keeping either. Simple as that.

Stephanie_
October 4th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Those are very wise words...like umm thats the bad thing these days people judge you on how you like things

Cherrim
October 4th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Indeed. If your friends ditch you because you like certain things, then you should think about the friends you choose. Out of all the friends I've ever had, the ones I've been closest to are the ones who like anime. The ones who like anime still sort of like Pokemon, so I'm safe.

Anyway, I like Pokemon, yes, but not as much as before. I can't stand watching the anime. It's not mature enough for me. >_< I'm getting into darker things such as Ayashi no Ceres and stuff. Pokemon is too happy-happy joy-joy. x_X Proof? Whenever I defend Pokemon at school or something, people always use the anime as an example of why I shouldn't like it. I don't really defend the anime, but I defend the games since they're still really good. I don't really defend the cards, either. XD

And yes, you heard me right. I defend Pokemon at school. And yes, I am in high school. No offense to anyone on this board, but I think it's stupid to say you don't like something just to fit in. I won't shout out "I LIKE POKEMON!" but I'm certainly not going to hide it. If someone has a problem with my interests, that's their issue, not mine. I don't care what they think. Sure, being made fun of isn't very nice, but heck, if you don't let it get to you (or pretend it doesn't get to you), they'll just give up most of the time. I got most of the guys in my grade 8 class temporarily back into Pokemon just by talking about RuSa. ^_^ A few of them actually went out and bought it. You never know. Maybe you'll even make a few friends if you talk about Pokemon every so often. But hiding? Nope. That's not the way to go through it. x_x;;

Dizzy
October 4th, 2003, 07:56 PM
OMG Lightning , your my hero , ! While i dont like the cards or the anime , i do like the game , i think the anime is babyish , but if were talking about "mature" anime , Cowboy bebop , Inuyasha , and of course , The others ^^ , then i would defend it , Id never defend anything other then the pokemon games , .

TeNk
October 4th, 2003, 08:09 PM
To people who has friend who would beat them up for liking pokemon: **** yo, Your friends take things way too seriously. Why would they take pokemon that serious as in to beat you up for being such a loser? I thought at first it was a load of bs but then I reliazed you guys weren't kidding... So here's a word of advice. Tell them you like pokemon and if They make fun of you or object or whatever, tell them to shut theur mouths and get revenge on them by asking them I saw you screwing your mom, was it good. Confirming the fact that their whole family is full of incested people. I hope it works out for you guys :P. And Dizzy: Stop bsing we know you aren't popular. :laugh:

In case you think I'm forreal, I'm just playin.

And people, please keep telling all these great tales of your life. They are making me crack up :). i can't believe you would actually go far enough to do that kind of sh!t as in to stop from kids making fun of you. If they threaten to beat you up, just say insulting things like "I saw you guys sticking stuff up each others asses while licking holes". If anyone needs help on saying insulting things, come to my site: http://tenk4.tripod.com. Your source to make kids go home crying to their mommies. x)

Dizzy
October 4th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Now Hold Up , Who do you think you are talking to Dizzy like that ? You must be new. Calm Down Buddy , i think your a little active , keep bad talkin me and ill report u , dizzy dont play , cuz im T-block 4 sho.

TeNk
October 5th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Now Hold Up , Who do you think you are talking to Dizzy like that ? You must be new. Calm Down Buddy , i think your a little active , keep bad talkin me and ill report u , dizzy dont play , cuz im T-block 4 sho.

Uhhh, right... Bad talking you? I did not say one single thing that was bad about you. Did you see? [ ( ""Incase you think I'm forreal, I'm just playin"" ) ] Go ahead and report. If I get banned for just doing that, then this must be one incredible forum. Besides I saw your posts degrading other people, hypocrite.

22sa
October 5th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Uhhh, right... Bad talking you? I did not say one single thing that was bad about you. Did you see? [ ( ""Incase you think I'm forreal, I'm just playin"" ) ] Go ahead and report. If I get banned for just doing that, then this must be one incredible forum. Besides I saw your posts degrading other people, hypocrite.
He's probably referring to the fact you said he was "bsing," but yah Dizzy, I only see one line that could've somehow been offensive to you. If TeNk gets banned for that... well that'd be just sad. Maybe a mod will come edit the post, maybe.

latiosspud
October 5th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Look dizzy you have to learn to take it in.

Dizzy
October 5th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Like a slap in the face lol? how can he say that , he doesnt even know me , so how can he say that?

By the way if i was B-sing , then i wouldnt have gave that speech

DragonTrainer
October 5th, 2003, 12:54 PM
OK this is totally getting out of hand.Let's not start a flame war here.Woah, I just felt like a mod.LOL.

Dizzy
October 5th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Lol , anyways lets get back on topic.

TeNk
October 5th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Sorry, not trying to start a flame here... I just wanted to clear up the fact i was just kidding when I said dizzy was bsing.

And back to the subject...

My friends wouldn't care a bit if I said I liked pokemon. I mean, they all use to like pokemon too when we were in 4th grade. I'm pretty sure 3/4 of the kids population in America had liked pokemon at 3rd/4th grade. The people who would beat you up/tease for liking pokemon are the nerds. Most of them have nothing better to say to you which makes them a loser.

Timbjerr
October 5th, 2003, 02:43 PM
I didn't like pokmon in 3rd/4th grade because it came out in America when I was in 6th grade! :P

nerds are the ones that beat you up for liking pokmon?!?

among my group of friends at school, a nerd is defined as someone who watches and keeps up with anime shows and/or plays video games based off of anime shows (I guess that's why they classify me as a nerd :/)

TeNk
October 5th, 2003, 03:12 PM
First of all if they even try to beat me up, I'd kick their @$$. What I'm classifying as a nerd is sort of like a wannabe. Some punks like to act tough and stuff and you could point them out in a group. They would boast about how anime watchers are pansies. Liking anime doesn't classify you as a nerd unless you watch anime ALL day long. However, that's just me. Trust me though, if people make fun of you for liking anime, they are assured to be losers with nothing else to do but make fun of anime fans. You can easily identify these scums out of a group.

Hakudoushi-kun
October 5th, 2003, 07:28 PM
I didn't like pokmon in 3rd/4th grade because it came out in America when I was in 6th grade! :P

nerds are the ones that beat you up for liking pokmon?!?

among my group of friends at school, a nerd is defined as someone who watches and keeps up with anime shows and/or plays video games based off of anime shows (I guess that's why they classify me as a nerd :/)

i classify nerds as yummy little pieces of candy. XDDD

oni flygon
October 5th, 2003, 07:43 PM
First of all, If anyone who thinks teenagers who like Pokemon are nerds, geeks, dorks etc etc, they are the ones who are nerds.

I know a guy once who saw my folder with the 14 cover of Pokemon special and said:

"Poe kay Moen? You're (sniff) a dork!"

And HE was a dork! He had his buttons buttoned up to his neck and his pants are up above his waist. (ugh snott's always coming out his nose)

so I said:

"Shut Up dork or I'll sick my houndoom on you!" XD XD

Timbjerr
October 6th, 2003, 01:31 PM
First of all, If anyone who thinks teenagers who like Pokemon are nerds, geeks, dorks etc etc, they are the ones who are nerds.

I know a guy once who saw my folder with the 14 cover of Pokemon special and said:

"Poe kay Moen? You're (sniff) a dork!"

And HE was a dork! He had his buttons buttoned up to his neck and his pants are up above his waist. (ugh snott's always coming out his nose)

so I said:

"Shut Up dork or I'll sic my houndoom on you!" XD XDLMAO!!!

there is one boy at my school like that that my friends mess with all the time...ever since middle school...they are seriously the only people at my school that I have power over...

there is a club at my school called "Anime Club". I went in there to see what it was like one day (cause I was interested in joining), and it was as if all the schools nerds/dorks/geeks were concentrated into this one classroom playing yu-gi-oh and M:TG with eachother...and I was like O.O ...so there are people lower than me...

22sa
October 7th, 2003, 04:31 PM
lol, I thought TeNk was a girl, sorry^^

Dizzy
October 7th, 2003, 04:32 PM

That is By far ... The gayest thing ive ever heard . How many kids looked at you funny?

TeNk
October 9th, 2003, 06:24 PM

That is By far ... The gayest thing ive ever heard . How many kids looked at you funny?

Hey dizzy, I thought there was no flaming? My bad.

Back on to the subject...

Wow, omg... Do I sound that much like a girl? Hmm.. Maybe I'll put some bad grammar in my posts like most people do.

Porygon
October 10th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Well, I'm 16 and still like Pokmon, while everybody around me hates it and laughes at people who like it still it's not easy

Kairi
October 10th, 2003, 11:33 AM
No using gay as a slur, Dizzy. There are plenty of other words you may use.

Blaziken
October 10th, 2003, 11:42 AM
I like Pokemon quite a bit, I'm 16 years old, but I like Egypt more.

Dizzy
October 10th, 2003, 11:45 AM
* that is by far the Corniest thing ive ever heard? * can i say that instead?

Kairi
October 10th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Certainly, that doesn't offend anyone. ^_^

Hakudoushi-kun
October 10th, 2003, 07:01 PM
don't you hate it when people say pokeyman?

TeNk
October 11th, 2003, 11:27 AM
don't you hate it when people say pokeyman?

Where the **** did that come from, images? -.-;;;. Anyways why can't any of say ***** or gay? It's not like 5 year olds are searching this forum.....

Dizzy
October 11th, 2003, 12:08 PM
The reason Why is because we have people under the age of 12, Im not going to name any but they like having the censors on .

Even though I want the Censors on , Its good for those Kiddies.

Frostweaver
October 11th, 2003, 01:12 PM
whoa... old topic revived...

even if there are no younger ppl surfing this community here, we shouldn't swear still... it's just rude. There are other ways to express yourself. Plus the censor really helps against SPAMMERS

EDIT: thanks for the correction Kairi... that was rather... fatal

Kairi
October 11th, 2003, 01:16 PM
You mean shouldn't of course? ^_^;

It has it's place and time, and neither is here posting on our boards.

22sa
October 11th, 2003, 02:40 PM
whoa... old topic revived...

even if there are no younger ppl surfing this community here, we shouldn't swear still... it's just rude. There are other ways to express yourself. Plus the censor really helps against SPAMMERS

EDIT: thanks for the correction Kairi... that was rather... fatal
Fatal! Yummy! :) I want a cup of fatalistic!

J/K