• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Escape from Jahara [PG-16]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
Thirty seven years ago, Team rocket finally tried an open-attempt at world domination. Their demands were simple. The world leaders would surrender to them, or else they would release a lethal virus upon the world. Their demands were not met, and they released the virus, however, it did not have the intended effect. Rather than kill humans, a small percentage, slightly less than one-fifteenth of all humans born turned out to seemingly be randomly fused with a pokemon. People have tried to synthesize the process before in a mature human, but so far, not even team rocket has succeeded. So far, that is...

Nine years ago, in a peninsula just off of Jhoto, a smal country called Jahara actually had a pokemorph population about equal to that of the humans. Eventually, a group got together, and began recruiting members, and soon enough, a small-scale war broke out in Jahara among pokemorphs and humans. Suprisingly, the pokemorphs lost, and as a result, were condemned as sub-human. Morphs, even those born after the incident. Most make out their dismal lives as exhibits in zoos, with state of the art security to prevent escape. This movement had the legal world in an uproar, but any changes to the policy are likely several years away...

Our characters start as pokemorphs, born to our unlucky fate, and kept in the capital city of Jahara, Ebony City. For some of the more dangerous pokemorphs, there are solitary exhibits, but in general, the main part is one gigantic exhibit containing several habitats for different pokemorph types, which is set in a pit, with pathways a safe distance above for visitors. There are several other pokemon exhibits as well, as it's a fully functioning zoo. The security is maintained with armed guards and pokemon teams on regular patrols, as well as an invisible energy shield above the pit that works similar to a barrier technique, causing anyone attimpting to jump out or in, to hit the shield, and be stopped. We must ally ourselves with others, or go solo, and somehow find a way to escape, and live to make our way to Jhoto, where we can live in freedom.

Name:
Morph:
Description/appearance:
Other: (anything else you want to add.)
Roleplaying smaple: (Typical method for me to judge your abilities, a few of you are exempted from this because I know you well enough. You know who you are.)

Kurosaki

Gender: Fe/male (I know, I need to stop having my character gender swapped, its getting old now ><)
Morph: Mankey
Description/appearance:
mankey.jpg

Other: Rin arrives at the zoo at the beginning of the RP. She was a human boy named David who was kidnapped by Rocket, and tested on while trying to think up a new way to take control of the world. After the tests, he was placed under a new identity and thrown into the zoo with the rest. He did gain the abilities of a Mankey such as great fighting skills and strength in the process however, but the easily angered side effect came with it.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Name: Cid Woodland
Morph: Kecleon
Description/appearance: Formerly a somewhat weak and skinny boy, Cid has put much of his time in captivity into improving his physical fitness along with his battle techniques and has now developed significant physical strength and endurance although he retains a rather slim and light build and isn't as strong as most of the other morphs. Cid is a bit taller than what is normal for a boy of his age and his hair has taken up standing in a kind of spikey comb, like the top of a Kecleon's head, he has also got the characteristic Kecleon's tail sticking out from his backside. Cid has the power to change the colour of his body to anything of his choice, although the default, and presumably original, scheme is light green hair, fairly pale skin, and purple eyes. For clothes he wears a pair of jeans, slightly shortened so they don't hamper the mobility of his feet, and a plain, light purple shirt.
Other: Cid's been around for a fairly long time, and because of him all guards have to carry Devon scopes with them. He was moved to solitary confinement for his numerous escape attempts.
Roleplaying sample:

"Well, well, well." came a mocking voice from a loudspeaker "Another escape attempt. Haven't you been a naughty little morph?"

Cid rose up gingerly, his head still throbbing from the blow that had rendered him unconscious a while ago.

"Wha-? Where-where am I? What happened?" he asked, trying to make some kind of picture of what had happened.

"You're in the disciplinary area." the voice replied "And what happened was that you hurt our workers in your foolish little attempt at escaping. And now...I'm afraid Pigboy here will have to discipline you."

"Pigboy?" the Kecleon morph turned around, soon noticing a huge, muscular morph, a grown man whose skin was all purple and black, with a little tail on the back and a characteristic snout, under a pair of tiny, bloodshot eyes set into the broad face, deformed from countless beatings.

"Goaarr?!" the morph growled, his eyes devoid of any trace of sentinent thought as he turned towards Cid with a hungry look.

"There's your food Pigboy." the loudspeaker boomed encourageingly "Go and get it."

"Goaar!" the Grumpig morph howled, charging at the Kecleon morph who quickly leapt backwards and melded his colours with his surroundings to throw his opponent of the track. Throwing a glance upwards, Cid noticed that a small crowd of employees had gathered to witness the spectacle, like it was some kind of glorious gladiator game, laying down bets on the winner, pointing and laughing. Cid felt the anger towards these men build inside him but he couldn't do anything to them, safe as they were behind their precious barrier.

Suddenly, Cid felt a powerful constriction on his throat. Struggling to maintain his breath he noticed that Pigboy had smelled him out while he was lost in thought.

"Neck go snap!" the Grumpig morph laughed sadistically, tightening his grip.

"You...wish..." Cid rasped, landing a swift kick for his opponent's crotch which bought him the time to wriggle out of the stranglehold and sweep his opponent down to the ground with an Iron Tail attack, earning a triumphant cry from the man who had placed his bet in favour of Cid's victory.

Pigboy leapt back up on his feet with a deep growl, fists raised. The Kecleon morph took a leap backward and assumed a defensive stance. The battle raged on for what felt like hours, Cid dealing out most of the attacks thanks to his supperior speed. But Pigboy's endurance was far greater, and the Kecleon morph soon began to feel his energy draining. Just as he was about to keel over from exhaustion he felt a slight sting on the back of his head.

As the world began spinning around him Cid caught sight of the Grumpig morph collapsing as well, his thick hide punctured by numerous tranquilizer darts. The battle was over.

Last edited:

Dragon Paw

Lonely Fire Demon Dragon
Years
Name: Kasei Hoshi
Morph: Charizard
Description/appearance: Fairly average in height, standing at about 5' 6". She bears shocking pink eyes. She also has blood red hair that goes down to her mid back. She has a pair of Charizard wings, of which have pink membranes and red everything else. She has a Charizard's tail, blood red scales, with a pink flame at the tip. She has a medium build and tanned skin with a red undertone.
Other: She can be easily angered and seems to chase what she wants with a passion. Never betray her unless you want to face a violent attack.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
Name: Rain Yuki
Morph: Castform
Description/appearance: Though his appearance is usually rather normal, at times Rain may become completely intangible in a manner similar to a ghost. Due to several experiments performed on Rain's weather-based abilties, his power has become even more volatile and unstable. As such, Rain is not a part of the zoo's display, but remains surrounded by a force field in a cell underground.

Rain's appearance and abilities change with his surroundings and moods. In an effort to control his abilities, Rain often suppresses his emotions and attempts to remain amiable and docile.

Though his appearance frequently changes, he usually has moderately-lengthed silver hair and a rather light build. The colour of Rain's eyes, however, is constantly changing and may appear somewhat iridescent at times.
Other: Being that, during most of his life, Rain dwelt in in silent isolation, his ability to speak and communicate is rather limited. However, while often implementing almost animalistic instincts, he is still rather intelligent and comprehensive. Also, having lived in rather dim environment, Rain rather dislikes extremely bright light.
Roleplaying smaple: The roleplay sample is unrelated to the roleplay.

Sirens blared out in rhythm with flashing red lights as an ambulance sped along the street. The last rays of sunlight set the sky afire with gold and crimson--a fitting elegy for one whose life was fading so quickly.

"How's he doing?" the ambulance driver questioned, his gruff voice tainted by choking at the horror of the victim's condition.

"I-I don't think he'll make it," a medic stammered as he pressed an oxygen mask over the mangled face of the youth lying limply before him.

To this the driver did not respond, rather biting his lip as he lowered the vehicle's visor to block a flare of sunlight. A drop of blood tumbled from the man's bitten lip as a rasping cough reached his ears.

The victim's chest heaved in a desperate attempt to breath as spurts of crimson erupted from his mouth. Moving the oxygen mask away from the young male's lips, a medic wiped the clear plastic with a sterile cloth. "Come on . . . " he murmured, again placing the mask over the face of the injured trainer. "Please, breathe . . . "

A series of spasms shook the youth's body as his head struggled away from the oxygen mask, causing his blood-matted brown hair to be further stained by the crimson liquid flowing from his neck. However, the medic firmly resisted the trainer's attempts at escape, retaining the position of the breathing device on the male's thoroughly gashed face.

Suddenly, a single convulsion ran through the injured male as his emerald-green eyes snapped open, followed by a weak shudder. Throughout the vehicle, a single, piercing tone rang out from the electrocardiogram as the monitor displayed the words every medic fights against. Heartbeats per minute: 0.

Last edited:

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
Name: Nabiki
Morph: Shiftry
Description/appearance: See attached file.
Other: Personality: Nabiki is a scheming, and slightly greedy individual, but she isn't really mean, and she happens to suffer a weakness for guys, which typically makes her avoid good-looking men at all costs.

IC: I was relaxing in the deep forest section of the habitat, resting in a tree branch with my eyes closed. At least here, I could hide from the prying eyes of the visitors... I didn't like being stared at, and I DEFINITELY didn't like being laughed at when I collided with the shield. I mean, was it my fault I completely lost my wits at the sight of a good-looking guy? It wasn't fair! Of course, neither was anything about the life of the pokemorphs of the JAhara city Zoo...

Kurosaki

"Gah, my head... What happened...?" I questioned myself as I awoke on the edge of a forest, a mountainour region visable 0n the other side. "He's a failed experiment, we have no need for him anymore." Was running through my mind. That's right. Team Rocket had captured me, and then injected me with some weird fluid which knocked me out. I had awoken some time later, just to hear that, before being drugged once more, and now I was here? Where was here anyways?

I got up, my body barely moving (which assumingly means the drug hadn't worn off completly yet) and began to wander aimlessly into the forest slowly, before collapsing once more. I still couldn't think completly straight, so i didn't think to check to see if anything was wrong.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
I blinked, looking at the form that was stumbling it's way through the forest part of the exhibit. I jumped from the tree easily, looking at the blonde mankey pokemorph in what appeared to be a pink tank-top and small jean shorts. I poked her gently as I knelt down beside her. "Hey there hon, what's your name?" I asked, deciding that if she was near here, I'd wait to break the news of her new predicament to her later...

Kurosaki

"Huh..." I mumbled as I glanced up at the girl who oddly resembled a Shiftry. "Who... What are you?" As my head began to clear, I began to notice that my voice sounded a bit higher, but my head still couldn't understand why. After a bit longer, I found I could move my limbs again, and sat up to face her, whatever she was.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
I blinked. "Kid, I'm a pokemorph, so are you." I said, helping her to her feet, and then gently, but firmly pulled her ears, then tail. "Normal humans typically don't come with these, you'er a mankey, if I'm not mistaken." I wasn't disconserted by her lack of knowledge, since a lot of people were a bit out of it after the tranquilizers they used to transport us...

Dragon Paw

Lonely Fire Demon Dragon
Years
Staring up ahead at the mountainous region around her, Kasei sighed. She had retreated back to the inner reaches of her territory for the 'guests' were beginning to annoy her. It had taken a lot of will power not to lash out at the force field that seperated her and the obnoxious humans in a bloody rage in a half mad attempt to make the humans pay for their ignorance of her own intelligence and power.

It is as if they think I cannot think. I'll show them... One Day... she thought to herself as Kasei lashed her tail violently, showering the rocky ground behind her with loose rocks. She angerly glared behind her, of where the viewing area was. Her wings began to twitch as she brought her head back to stare at the boundary of the forest and mountains. Kasei began to wonder if she'd find anyone anytime soon if she decided to explore that expansive forest.

Standing up from her former sitting position, Kasei furled her wings tightly against her back. She began to walk towards the nearby forest, kicking up a rock or two on the way there. Soon she found herself walking under the shade of the trees. She sighed to herself as she walked through the maze of trees. She hoped nothing annoyed her in here, or the forest would run the risk of being set ablaze... Again...

Kurosaki

"But... I was human." I argued, my body now fully functional once more. I yanked my tail to see if it was real, but I yanked it so hard it hurt severly, causing me to wince. "Rocket..." I muttered as I glanced down at the ground, and found myself staring at a female body, chest and all. "W-wait! This isn't right at all!"

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
I blinked, then laughed. "So, they finally managed to synthesize making pokemorphs? That may be a good sign, or a bad one." I said, making sure she was steady on her feet before letting go. "Listen hon, nothing is right about this, we're every bit as good, if not better than normal humans, and look where we are." I said, gesturing around us. "But we deal with it as best as we can. Tell me hon, what did you say your name was?" I asked, trying to distract her. If she didn't think about the situation she was in, being treated like an intelligent animal, she'd probably adjust easier when the time came...

Kurosaki

I looked at the girl, and then down at myself, over and over, while trying to think up a name. I couldn't possibly let her know I used to be a guy, but on the other hand it could be hard to hide the fact. "I'm... I'm Rin, Rin Ryourga." I finally sighed, before clenching my fists. Rocket would pay for this, even if I have to give up my life to do it. "Where are we anyways?"

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
"Welcome," I said in a mock-voice "To Jahara National zoo, Main Pokemorph Exhibit." I said with a flourish. "you'll be well-fed, clothed, but other than that, you're an animal as far as anyone is concerned, there was a war or something a while back, most people don't think we understand language, even though we use it, so our knowledge of history and current events isn't exactly kept in good condition." I said, shrugging.

Dragon Paw

Lonely Fire Demon Dragon
Years
Having been listening in on two Pokemorph's conversation, Kasei finally walked into sight of them, branches cracking under her weight, as if to announce her prescence. She stared at the two of them, giving each a once over. Finally having imprinted the appearance of these two morphs, she drew in a sharp intake of air.

"I wish the humans would revere us for being the sentient and strong beings we are." said kasei, the edge in her voice fairly apparant. Turning to the Mankey morph, she added, "Sorry to tell you this, but you're stuck in here and will perpetually be thought of as subhuman. It's not a pretty existance, but maybe another morph will proove useful..." said Kasei, thinking of her many failed escape plans. Maybe if they worked together, they could accomplish something one alone could not.

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
Years
Name: Nira
Morph: Houndoom
Description/appearance: Around 5'7" with long black hair and red eyes. Her teeth are on the slight sharper side, and she has Houndoom ears protruding from her head, and a long whip-like tail sprouting from behind.
Other: Kept solitary do her fearce personality, and for her multiple times of escape.
Roleplaying smaple: "You're too dangerous to wander around the streets, girly," a guard once told her through the bars of her cage. She had growled an made a foolish attempt to claw at him with her long nails. She had rattled the cage.
Now that ferocious girl was merilly entertainment for the guests. Fools, she always thought as she attempted to spray them with fire, but the electric collar around her neck shocked her everytime she had attempted. Her exibit was smaller than most, and had less stuff in it.
She growls, clawing at the walls of her confinement as some laugh at her foolish appearance.

Kurosaki

"A zoo? You mean we're trapped here?" I asked as I took a step back in shock. "I've never heard of a place like this on the outside! Wait, you had a comment when I mentioned Rocket, does what you said mean you've been that way since birth? I've heard of morphs in school, but I've never seen proof of their existence. But of course, now I'm this."

I glanced over at the Charizard morph. "Useful...?"

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
I nodded. "All morphs are like this from birth, but it looks like you're the exception, hon." I said, patting her shoulder consolingly as I glanced worridly at the charizard. I didn't like flying pokemon, or fire type, not at all. Of course, I was weak to fighting too, but they didn't put me on edge...

Kurosaki

"Don't touch me." I mumbled as I brushed her off and moved away. I had a lot on my mind right now. That would include why the hell I'm part Mankey, let alone female, and that stupid Shiftry wasn't helping! Then again, unless I find some way out of here, i can't change any of this, so I guess I'd have to figure out how to act... like a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back