PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Pokemon

Pages : [1] 2 3

Latios Master
September 14th, 2003, 04:38 PM
What shiny Pokemon do you have in r/s? I have none. :(

Tonu
September 14th, 2003, 07:51 PM
i have Gyarados (it was a Magikarp) and Feebas.....
....and shining Aron used ROAR !!! :'(

Frostweaver
September 14th, 2003, 11:06 PM
i haven't even seen a single shiny yet... but it doesn't matter to me too much.

It must hurt to see a shiny Pokemon run away or use pseduohaze on you...

DragonTrainer
September 15th, 2003, 04:23 PM
I have never seen a shiny in r/s.But soon I will restart my game and hope that I see one.

Soph
September 15th, 2003, 04:32 PM
iu found and caught a shiny shuppet, then evolved it. i want a shiny marill very very badly.

DragonTrainer
September 15th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Shiny shuppet is cool.I wish I had a shiny aggron.

Soph
September 15th, 2003, 05:41 PM
well im trying to get a shiny azurill by hatching tons of them and i mean toins i have over 2 boxes full of azurill's already...i hope i can get a shiny one...have to have one!

Mystic Mew
September 16th, 2003, 11:00 PM
I don`t have shiny pokemon in R/S :( But I have seen shiny Oddish in Safarii Zone.

mewtwo-EX
September 17th, 2003, 03:59 PM
I have a shiny Zigzagoon (sp? heh) I caught it in rt 102 while looking for Ralts.

SapphireDewgong
September 17th, 2003, 04:15 PM
I saw a shiny Phanpy once...it ran away. *cries*

DragonTrainer
September 17th, 2003, 04:43 PM
It must really hurt to see a shiny pokemon run away.

Red Storm
September 17th, 2003, 07:15 PM
I was fishing for feebas today and finally a shiny appeared before me...a nice greenish carvanha. It had a relaxed personality X_X but I'll still train the thing. So that brings my catching shiny total to 1.

DragonTrainer
September 18th, 2003, 03:13 PM
You are very lucky.I wold raise any shiny pokemon, just because they are shiny!

AzureFlygon
September 20th, 2003, 04:15 PM
I've spent over twenty hours searching for a shiny Trapinch in my ruby game. Talk about discouraging! I keep on trying, though :P

AzureFlygon
September 20th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Oh, yeah... my sister caught a shiny Rhyhorn in the sapphire game I gave her... :disappoin

PKMN_grl
September 23rd, 2003, 01:41 PM
Oh, yeah... my sister caught a shiny Rhyhorn in the sapphire game I gave her... :disappoin
Yeah I have a shiny Ryhorn too. My first shiny pokemon! Wow, you can find all those shiny pokemon? A shuppet, a feebas, a carvanha, a zigzagoon and other stuff, wow......

Sturm
September 24th, 2003, 01:41 AM
The only shiny pokemon that I get is...
Shiny Treeko(from an patience... blue and green color...)
Shiny Bagon(look alot like Yoshi...I name him Yoshi...=P)

AzureFlygon
September 24th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Wow, you have a shiny Sceptile?! Let me guess, it's male. That is really neat, I have a fanfic that I'm making about a shiny Grovyle, and It's really nice to know some people actually have them. AND you have a shiny Salamence, those are about the rarest pokemon in that game. You are very lucky... :dead:

Sturm
September 24th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Wow, you have a shiny Sceptile?! Let me guess, it's male. That is really neat, I have a fanfic that I'm making about a shiny Grovyle, and It's really nice to know some people actually have them. AND you have a shiny Salamence, those are about the rarest pokemon in that game. You are very lucky... :dead:You're right...all are...Male...my Bagon look like Yoshi...My Sceptile in shade of blue and green...looks odd...that's all...it's time to train Yoshi!

Haruka
September 24th, 2003, 07:03 PM
I have none, but it would be nice to have a gold swablu..

Rayquaza
September 25th, 2003, 07:59 AM
shiny RAYQUAZA here, took me a week orso to get, saving in front off him and restarting the game thousand times till I got one..:D I was so happy when I caught it..:D

AzureFlygon
September 25th, 2003, 11:44 AM
I had to restart almost a thousand times just to capture a regular rayquaza (I kept accidentally killing it) But I don't really like to have legendary shinies, because its too easy to get them if you just keep restarting. I like to find ones that are extreamly hard to get; like trapinch :shocked: (yes, I KNOW they aren't hard to find, but trying to find a shiny one definatly IS) Oh, yeah, I have a little fun fact here; all shinys are not male, though most of them are. My sister and I both have shiny females(Rhyhorn and Persian), but they seem to be easier to find in R/S than in G/S/C.

PATRIHE2001
October 8th, 2003, 11:17 AM
LET ME TELL YOU THIS I ALWAYS WANTED A SHINY POKEMON THAT I COULD CAPTURE MYSELF A NEVER HAD LUCK.
THE ONLY ONE I HAVE IS BECAUSE I HAVE POKEMON CRYSTAL AND THE SHINY GAYRADOS IS ALREADY THERE RIGHT.
BUT WHEN I START TO PLAY WITH MY RUBY SEARCHING FOR FEEBAS A CARVANHA THAT I WAS NOT EXPETING.
AS YOU CAN SEE IT WAS ONLY LUCK.

Shiny shuppet is cool.I wish I had a shiny aggron.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

AzureFlygon
October 8th, 2003, 11:43 AM
LET ME TELL YOU THIS I ALWAYS WANTED A SHINY POKEMON THAT I COULD CAPTURE MYSELF A NEVER HAD LUCK.
THE ONLY ONE I HAVE IS BECAUSE I HAVE POKEMON CRYSTAL AND THE SHINY GAYRADOS IS ALREADY THERE RIGHT.
BUT WHEN I START TO PLAY WITH MY RUBY SEARCHING FOR FEEBAS A CARVANHA THAT I WAS NOT EXPETING.
AS YOU CAN SEE IT WAS ONLY LUCK.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Does that mean you captured a shiny Carvanna? If I remember right, they're a greenish color, is that correct?

OffRoadSP
October 9th, 2003, 05:59 PM
I've just broken the 100 hours mark on my Sapphire game, and not ONE shiny Pokemon has appeared. I've been in tons of wild pokemon battles, (only just won the Heat Badge), and am constantly wandering around to just level up my pokemon. It's frustrating!!

If only I could transfer in my shiny Nidoran female (the only one I ever caught). I caught her in the park north of Goldenrod in Crystal after only playing for between 20-21 hours of logged game time.

Ah well, maybe after another 100 hours....
My worst fear is running into one in the Safari Zone. It's so stupid.... if you can't run from a shiny, why should it be able to run from you? I hate the Safari Zone in general.....the absolute WORST aspect of R/B/Y, I was SOOO happy when G/S/C didn't have it.....and even more disappointed that R/S does.

Sturm
October 10th, 2003, 01:55 AM
I FINALLY CAGHT A SHINY FEEBAS!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
after looking for 2 hours for a feebas...shiny feebas appear...*shocked*

AzureFlygon
October 10th, 2003, 12:08 PM
I've just broken the 100 hours mark on my Sapphire game, and not ONE shiny Pokemon has appeared. I've been in tons of wild pokemon battles, (only just won the Heat Badge), and am constantly wandering around to just level up my pokemon. It's frustrating!!

If only I could transfer in my shiny Nidoran female (the only one I ever caught). I caught her in the park north of Goldenrod in Crystal after only playing for between 20-21 hours of logged game time.

My worst fear is running into one in the Safari Zone. It's so stupid.... if you can't run from a shiny, why should it be able to run from you? I hate the Safari Zone in general.....the absolute WORST aspect of R/B/Y, I was SOOO happy when G/S/C didn't have it.....and even more disappointed that R/S does.

You caught a shiny Nidoran? I have one too! What'd you name yours? Mine is Lavender. Oh and Sturm, crgrats on catchin a feebas, only two hours! Man, i've been looking for a shiny trapinch for over forty hours now...

Blaziken
October 10th, 2003, 12:10 PM
I'm trying to breed a shiny Feebas! I have about 100 Feebases, and I trade them out to friends for some good Pokemon, fufufufufu!

Deranged
October 10th, 2003, 06:05 PM
I Rock Smashed on Rt111 and got my first and only Shiny...

A level 14 Geodude(f).

(Cool, 'cos I always had a bit of a soft spot for the 'dude :cool: )

Rayquaza
October 11th, 2003, 01:30 AM
hmm I really like shiny legendaries. Now I'm trying to get a shiny KYOGRE on my sapphire cart..but still no luck..:(

Sturm
October 11th, 2003, 08:01 AM
hmm I really like shiny legendaries. Now I'm trying to get a shiny KYOGRE on my sapphire cart..but still no luck..:(Never give up and never lose...I(try about 100 times...to catch black rayquaza...and d*mn it...I accidently KO'ed black rayquaza...I'll have to repeat until I find a new one...)
Shiny Kyogre looks like hippie...(with pink color...)

Rayquaza
October 11th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Never give up and never lose...I(try about 100 times...to catch black rayquaza...and d*mn it...I accidently KO'ed black rayquaza...I'll have to repeat until I find a new one...)
Shiny Kyogre looks like hippie...(with pink color...)

hehe yes pink KYOGRE kickass..:D and my black rayquaza took me some days before I met one and caught it..xD

OffRoadSP
October 12th, 2003, 04:26 PM
You caught a shiny Nidoran? I have one too! What'd you name yours? Mine is Lavender. Oh and Sturm, crgrats on catchin a feebas, only two hours! Man, i've been looking for a shiny trapinch for over forty hours now...

I'm not too creative with nicknames, so I just stuck with Nidoran. :cool:
Congratulation on catching yours!! And Lavender is a cool nickname for it. What moves did you teach it?

So a shiny Rayquaza is black, huh? That's gotta be a kick-butt looking Pokemon.

AzureFlygon
October 13th, 2003, 04:20 PM
I'm not too creative with nicknames, so I just stuck with Nidoran. :cool:
Congratulation on catching yours!! And Lavender is a cool nickname for it. What moves did you teach it?

So a shiny Rayquaza is black, huh? That's gotta be a kick-butt looking Pokemon.

Ah, I taught mine some of the best moves I could think of. It knows Thunderbolt, Poison Sting, Bite, and Return. I evolved it into a Nidorina, because a level 55 nidoran is pretty weak; can barely beat a level 40 rapidash...
Oh, well :P

DragonTrainer
October 14th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Flame blaziken, ae you sure that you can get a shiny from breeding?I've heard that you can't do that.Has anyone gotten a shiny from breeding?

Rayquaza
October 14th, 2003, 02:01 PM
yes you CAN get a shiny from breeding (as far as I know)

Arcanine
October 14th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Flame blaziken, ae you sure that you can get a shiny from breeding?I've heard that you can't do that.Has anyone gotten a shiny from breeding?
I think you can get a shiny Pokemon from breeding, I was reading some where about it.

Chibi_Naruto
October 15th, 2003, 05:44 AM
Well I once saw a shiny wishmur but I didn't catch it instead I killed it with my treecko ( That was a big mistake ). Afterwards I never saw a shiny pokemon on ruby or sapphire

Sturm
October 15th, 2003, 09:35 AM
I get about 2 old boring shiny feebas...well...what wrong with my cartridge and me...??? I feel confused.

OffRoadSP
October 15th, 2003, 04:15 PM

I've never herd of anyone breeding for a shiny, but I'd like to think it's possible. Because, how else would you get certain shiny pokemon like the R/B/Y starters by breeding them in G/S/C? Unless when you transfer them they have a chance to be shiny....I don't know, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Frostweaver
October 15th, 2003, 04:57 PM
that i'm not so sure as i never cared about shiny (most of the time the shiny pokemon is even uglier than the normal one... x_x). In the past you definitely can breed shiny because being shiny depends upon IV. In Ru/Sa i don't think shiny is calculated by IV anymore (but i don't know how it's calculated...)

Kairi
October 15th, 2003, 05:09 PM
that i'm not so sure as i never cared about shiny (most of the time the shiny pokemon is even uglier than the normal one... x_x). In the past you definitely can breed shiny because being shiny depends upon IV. In Ru/Sa i don't think shiny is calculated by IV anymore (but i don't know how it's calculated...)

It has it's own random value, that it shares with gender and Unown shape. ^_^

OffRoadSP
October 16th, 2003, 06:48 PM

IV? What's IV?

(Oh, and up to 115 hours, and no shiny yet....grr....)

Mewstor
October 18th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Whohoooo! I couth a shiny Baltoy today! It's green and it's my first shiny pokmon I've got in my Ruby version. Happy!

OffRoadSP
October 19th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Whohoooo! I couth a shiny Baltoy today! It's green and it's my first shiny pokmon I've got in my Ruby version. Happy!

Hey, congratulations! That's a tough capture too, because it could have self-destructed on ya.

Mewstor
October 19th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Hey, congratulations! That's a tough capture too, because it could have self-destructed on ya.

Hey, didn't really think about that. I just threw a great ball at it and it was couth right away. I guess I am lucky! Fwew!

unhappy pineapple
October 21st, 2003, 01:38 PM
Maybe I'll sound kind of silly asking this...but how DO you get a shiny Pokemon? Is it just random?

DragonTrainer
October 21st, 2003, 02:06 PM
There is no true way to get a shiny.It's pretty much random, and a matter of luck.

Missingno Baby
October 24th, 2003, 12:38 PM
I have:
Shining Pikachu (purple cheeks & red body)
Shining Groundon,SP?( Pink, orange& blue body!)SWEET!!!
Shining Oddish ( goldish yellow)
Shining Gardivoir ( yellow & red)
Shining Sceptile (purple & red)
Shining Tentacruel (Green)
Shining Swampert ( Red & pink)
Shining Torchick ( green & orange)
Shining Kyogrye ( red gold green blue)
Shining Alteria (gold)
500+ hrs
I traded for 7 of these guys

OffRoadSP
October 24th, 2003, 02:20 PM
I have:
Shining Alteria (gold)
500+ hrs

So which of them di you actually catch?
(125 hrs, still nada here....)

AzureFlygon
October 24th, 2003, 04:46 PM
I have:
Shining Alteria (gold)
500+ hrs

Uh, I think you only actually own about three of these... you only have the colors for the Oddish, Tentacruel, and Alteria correct. The shining Pika I'm not qite sure, it's colors could be interpreted like that... A Groudon is bright gold, a Gardivoir is sky blue with a red horn, a sceptile is sky blue with red seeds and yellow stripes, a Torchic has a yellow body with red wings, and a Kyogre is purple with red stripes. A swampert is light purple with yellow, but it could be interpreted as pink, so I'll give you that one. Also, you may have just got the parentheses mixed up, cause some of the colors you have a rigt for a different Pokemon, but I don't know how that could happen.

Missingno Baby
October 24th, 2003, 07:51 PM
So which of them di you actually catch?
(125 hrs, still nada here....)
Ummm.... pikachu, kyogrye,Alteria
I got 2 nu 1s 2nite!
Shining Natu ( Silver)
Zigzagoon ( purple)
(Kyogrye took me 12 hours of resetting the game to get a shining one....)
Natu...20 minutes
Zigzagoon...45 minutes

Rodney
October 25th, 2003, 04:05 AM
So, if it's all random, can you catch 2 shinies of the same species, just by walking around having a lot of luck?

DragonTrainer
October 25th, 2003, 04:58 AM
Exactly right.If you have the time, you can just walk around grass until you find a shiny.A semi-easy shiny to get is the starter, and kyogre/groudon and rayquaza.Just save before you meet them, and if the'yre not shiny, reload the game.Also, if you find the feebas spot, you can fish at that place until you eventually run into a shiny feebas.

Missingno Baby
October 25th, 2003, 08:42 AM
I got the colors messed up. Can't think of all of em'...
Caught:
Shiny Feebas
&
Shiny Regirock
7 hrs....
Last nite 1:23 -8

Dragon Man
October 25th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Wow. I am at the 120 hour mark but I've beaten the elite four many times. What levels are your pokemon at? I bet they are really strong. I once may have seen a Kecleon with a blue stripe instead of red but I did not know that that was how shiny Kecleon looked. :'(

AzureFlygon
October 25th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Wow. I am at the 120 hour mark but I've beaten the elite four many times. What levels are your pokemon at? I bet they are really strong. I once may have seen a Kecleon with a blue stripe instead of red but I did not know that that was how shiny Kecleon looked. :'(

Did you catch it? That was a shiny Kecleon! Their not purple like many people think, your lucky to have even seen one.

PokeTrainerCarol
October 25th, 2003, 06:05 PM
nope...I have never run into a shiny Pokemon except one place. Could you guess where?

Battle Tower
The game must hate me, that was soooo frustrating...pretty purple Lanturn and I couldn't catch it...:(
The only shinies I have are the Red Gyarados in both Gold and Crystal versions, and I have a shiny Tentacool in Gold...^_^

*Shining*Wynaut*
October 26th, 2003, 07:34 AM
where???? coz I want one too, even though I have 1 shiny pokmon

October 26th, 2003, 07:46 AM
I have 2 shiny Pokemon in Sapphire

Voltorb (Blue)
Numel (Red, shiny evolved = Black)

Mewstor
November 3rd, 2003, 12:16 PM
Whaaaa!!! I'm so happy! Got a shiny Rayquaza today! Took me about 18-20 hours resetting the game trying again and again and again... and today it happened. Named it Kuroi Kaze (anyone who can understand easy japanese will know what it means ;) It looks so cool! Happy happy!

bna_li
November 3rd, 2003, 04:49 PM
How in the heck does one get a shiny?

teemu
November 4th, 2003, 12:49 AM
i have shiny linoone it was zigzagoon but i evolved it...
i want shiny latios or shiny swablu

Arcanine
November 4th, 2003, 05:43 AM
How in the heck does one get a shiny?
Well there is two ways to get a shiny, you can trade with some one that has one or you can run into one in the wild. Them is the only two ways to get a shiny pokemon.

Kairi
November 4th, 2003, 07:02 AM
In reality, any Pokmon you hatch, catch, or otherwise obtain may be alternate color. It's random based on it's gender value. Alternate color Pokmon may be either gender however.

teemu
November 7th, 2003, 03:37 AM
I have shiny linoone...it's browne

Stinger
November 8th, 2003, 02:31 PM
I have a shiney Wobby. Yay me. Wobbuffet has got to be one of the beat pokemon evah

Altaria_Lover
November 9th, 2003, 09:36 AM
shiny RAYQUAZA here, took me a week orso to get, saving in front off him and restarting the game thousand times till I got one..:D I was so happy when I caught it..:D

How do you get a shiny Rayquaza? Is it real???

Mewstor
November 10th, 2003, 01:42 AM
How do you get a shiny Rayquaza? Is it real???

It took me a LONG while to get. Just save infront of rayquaza before you start fighting it. When it appears and is the usual green color, juts hit A,B,start and select the same time and the game will restart. Then try again. Keep doing this until you meet a black shiny rayquaza. ;)
But I have to say that you really have to have some guts to get it. It took me about 250 restartings and nearly 20 hours before it was shiny. I really recomend capturing it in a master ball (like I did). If it faints you'll have to start all over again. :\

Malc
November 12th, 2003, 05:33 PM
can u get a shiny sandshrew?

Jeremy
November 12th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Let me establish this,it's possible to have any kind of shiney Pokmon! All Pokmon have a shiney palette stored in the ROM, thus making it possible to have shiney Pokmon. But the chances are very slim... Oh let's just say 1/3658! LOL *pets his shiney PIKACHU!*

Malc
November 12th, 2003, 06:11 PM
at the battle tower some1 had a roselia that had purple leavs would this be a shiny?

AzureFlygon
November 13th, 2003, 11:50 AM
at the battle tower some1 had a roselia that had purple leavs would this be a shiny?

Purple... let's see... yeah, if it had black petals on its other arm. Too bad it was the battle tower.

Sleek
November 13th, 2003, 12:24 PM
well, with my luck as high as it is, i probably saw some and didnt even know it. i do recall accidentally running from a shiny seedot when lookin for a ralts. yep. my luck stinks. and what is BTW?

Malc
November 13th, 2003, 01:56 PM
BTW=By the way.
i cought latios and its gray and blue is this shiny or is it gray anyway? i thought it was white

Wynaut
November 13th, 2003, 01:58 PM
BTW=By the way.
i cought latios and its gray and blue is this shiny or is it gray anyway? i thought it was white

o_0 Latios is blue and greyish, Latias is the red one o_0

Mikoudi
November 13th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Shiny Dodou which is now a lvl50 Dodrio

Spyke
November 14th, 2003, 09:11 AM
you are all lucky....the only shinies i have are

Exploud
Blaziken
Swampert
Metagaross
Rayquazza
and sceptile

im so unlucky

Umbreon
November 14th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Hey guys this is Umbreon logging on :laugh: I just wanted to ask a simple question(or hard??) WHERE do you guy find all of those shiny pokemon??! are they around the Safari zone? or somewhere else?? thanks alot! :)

Kairi
November 14th, 2003, 05:29 PM
They can be found anywhere. Any Pokmon you encounter may be alternate color. It's all luck I'm afraid.

Sleek
November 14th, 2003, 05:37 PM
what color is shiny zigzagoon? can anyone paste a picture?

Malc
November 14th, 2003, 05:55 PM
http://www.pokemonfanuniverse.com/pokedex/index.php?dexNo=263

go there

Umbreon
November 14th, 2003, 09:44 PM
oooh ok thanks Kairi for telling me ^^.It sounds really hard to find them ^^;;

AzureFlygon
November 16th, 2003, 08:56 AM
oooh ok thanks Kairi for telling me ^^.It sounds really hard to find them ^^;;

I've spent over seventy five hours now looking :tired: Belive me, it IS hard to find them.

I JUST WANT MY SHINY TRAPINCH!!!!!

Wynaut
November 16th, 2003, 02:51 PM
I have a shiny Latias and a shiny zigzagoon :P

BugaBog
November 16th, 2003, 05:14 PM
I have a:
Shiny Swablu
Shiny Seviper
Shiny Marshtomp (ME LUV HIM!)
and a Shiny Flygon

Sleek
November 17th, 2003, 03:39 AM
if u breed two non shinys, can u hatch a shiny?

Soph
November 17th, 2003, 04:20 AM
how in the world did you all get so many? i want shiny marill more than anything i must have encountered thousands trying to find one but i STILL havent!

Wynaut
November 17th, 2003, 01:46 PM
how in the world did you all get so many? i want shiny marill more than anything i must have encountered thousands trying to find one but i STILL havent!

I was lucky on zigzagoon, I just got home from the elite 4 when i realized i didn't have fly with me so I walked to oldale and on the way was the zigzagoon shiny :) Then the latias, i saved and i kept trying till it was shiny... hard work

E. Master
November 18th, 2003, 02:18 PM
I have...
2 shiny marills
3 shiny azumarrills
1 shiny arurill
and a lot more.
I traded for 2 of the azumrills I collect any shiny form of marill and feebas and other shiny pokemon.

E. Master
November 18th, 2003, 02:20 PM
can you get shinys through e-cards?

Frostweaver
November 18th, 2003, 04:32 PM
please don't double post... you can edit your old post and ask the question.

currently there are no gurantee shiny pokemon given through E-cards. In fact there are no pokemon given through E-cards at the moment, only items, berries and new opponents.

i forgot the percentage of meeting a shiny pokemon now... but isn't it something close to 1/400 (0.25% roughly) or something? i'll go see if i can find the number again...

Mightyena37
November 20th, 2003, 09:39 PM
please don't double post... you can edit your old post and ask the question.

currently there are no gurantee shiny pokemon given through E-cards. In fact there are no pokemon given through E-cards at the moment, only items, berries and new opponents.

i forgot the percentage of meeting a shiny pokemon now... but isn't it something close to 1/400 (0.25% roughly) or something? i'll go see if i can find the number again...

Um, try one in 6125 if I remember exactly, but it's approximately 1/6000 in either case. I have over 150 hours in Ruby now and have still not encountered a single shiny Pokemon. Yet in 130 hours of playing Silver, I caught 5 (including the shiny Gyarados you get in every game). So whoever was saying the chances are better in R/S than in G/S/C I think is prolly a bit mistaken... At any rate, 1/400 is DEFINITELY not it, because I'd battled easily upwards of a few thousand Pokemon in my game and never encountered a Shiny yet.

However, none of this information on shiny Pokemon has been validated ANYWHERE to me so far. I just see people posting numbers, whatever probability they may think it is. I also see some people trying to make elaborate comments about it being tied to the randomness of gender, stats, IV (a mystical, magical, unproven number in itself), etc. But no one can quantify this or prove it's validity because none of them can cite clear and believable sources for their information. I believe the 1/6125 estimate because it sounds about right and about reasonable, not because anyone's proven it to me or has seemed like a more or less credible source.

I would still like to know the chances of seeing Mirage Island and the chances of getting a Shiny, and GameShark codes for both. ;) Of course, if it were easy to get Shiny Pokemon, they wouldn't be so special. So who knows... It's just a source of much frustration for many of us, and I assume it always will be.

Soph
November 20th, 2003, 09:41 PM
could some one give me tips on getting a shiny marill? im Dying to get a shiny marill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pogiforce-14
November 21st, 2003, 09:08 AM
I ran into my shiny looking for feebas. It was a tentacool. at first i thought my game had a glitch when sparkles came form him, cause at first I saw no difference. NOw I evolved him and I named him Shadow. Wanna know why? His red glubules on his head are black! That is so cool! :D also in response to what Mightyena37 said, in my crystal version I have a Pink Butterfree, a green eared Cleffa I got from the daycare lady, and my red gyarados. I was running into them all over th place!

AzureFlygon
November 22nd, 2003, 10:42 AM
I ran into my shiny looking for feebas. It was a tentacool. at first i thought my game had a glitch when sparkles came form him, cause at first I saw no difference. NOw I evolved him and I named him Shadow. Wanna know why? His red glubules on his head are black! That is so cool! :D also in response to what Mightyena37 said, in my crystal version I have a Pink Butterfree, a green eared Cleffa I got from the daycare lady, and my red gyarados. I was running into them all over th place!

I have a shiny tentacruel too! But he's in my gold game... It does seem that you find more shiny pokemon in the crystal game than in every other version, because I have seven that I found naturally in that one.

Oh, just for the record, having a Gameshark to get shinies DOES take the fun out of having them. I only use mine to get unobtainables now.

Still looking for my shiny trapinch...

Dragonair
November 26th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Okay Something Cool Just Happend! I Got My Starter It Was Shiny Then I Went To Buy Pokeballs On My Way Back I Encontered A Shiny Pocheyenna! I cought It And Now I Have Two Shinys

AzureFlygon
November 27th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Okay Something Cool Just Happend! I Got My Starter It Was Shiny Then I Went To Buy Pokeballs On My Way Back I Encontered A Shiny Pocheyenna! I cought It And Now I Have Two Shinys

Oh, wow! What was your starter?

Latios
November 27th, 2003, 01:32 PM
I have been playing ruby for almost 100 hours now, and i still havn't encountered a shiny pokemon :(

Dragonair
November 27th, 2003, 01:53 PM
I Forgot To Add That I Have A Shiny Trapnich In Shappire
And Yes In Ruby My Starter Is Shiny

DragonTrainer
November 27th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Wow, that is some serious luck

I ahve been playing the pokemon games for endless hours, and I've never encounterd a shiny, besides gyarados

Dragonair
November 27th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Wow, that is some serious luck

I ahve been playing the pokemon games for endless hours, and I've never encounterd a shiny, besides gyaradosIts All Pure Luck My Only Advise For People Looking For Shinys Is Always Have A Good Supply Of Pokeballs So You Wont Miss Any Chances This Happend To My Friend He Encountered A Shiny Bagon But He Didn't Have Any Pokeballs I Felt Sorry For Him So I Recently Gave Him My Shiny Trapnich.........

AzureFlygon
November 28th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Its All Pure Luck My Only Advise For People Looking For Shinys Is Always Have A Good Supply Of Pokeballs So You Wont Miss Any Chances This Happend To My Friend He Encountered A Shiny Bagon But He Didn't Have Any Pokeballs I Felt Sorry For Him So I Recently Gave Him My Shiny Trapnich.........

SHINY TRAPINCH!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!

I want one...
:disappoin
I guess I'll just keep looking....

I find the best ball to capture shinys with are nest balls and, if you play G/S/C, Level balls. Works almost every time ;)

mxman
November 28th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Were exactly do u find shiny pokemon? Do u just run into them?

Pokemaniac777
November 28th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Yeah, finding a shiny pokemon is completely a matter of luck.On my Ruby cartridge, I only have two: a Pelliper that I caught as a wingull, and a Camerupt that I caught as a Numel in my Sapphire Cartridge and traded over. In my Crystal cartridge, I have some shiny Hoothoot and Noctowl that I duplicated in my silver game, a female nidoran, and a shiny raticate.

Lantsit15
November 28th, 2003, 08:45 PM
ruby version

my shinies are:

1.Lugia (instead of purple it's red)
2.Black rayqueza
3.orange and greyish hooh
4.blue mew
5.green mewtwo
6.light blue latios
7. yellow latias
8.orange groudon
9.purple kyogre

got trade from a friend I don't know how he got it. :)

can anyone tell me the game is gonna be broken if you always restart it?

I want a shiny Blaziken so badly!!!!

Metal Jirachi
November 29th, 2003, 12:28 PM
I have zillions of Ar codes heres one to see shiny pokemon buy once you turn the code off itll be back to normal make pokemon shiny in battle :9C9A6FEF 898BA04C B9D6A4E9 F3B94D86. hope this helps :cool:

Mewstor
November 29th, 2003, 03:36 PM
ruby version

my shinies are:

1.Lugia (instead of purple it's red)
2.Black rayqueza
3.orange and greyish hooh
4.blue mew
5.green mewtwo
6.light blue latios
7. yellow latias
8.orange groudon
9.purple kyogre

got trade from a friend I don't know how he got it. :)

can anyone tell me the game is gonna be broken if you always restart it?

I want a shiny Blaziken so badly!!!!

While trying to get my shiny Rayquaza I must have restarted my game atleast over 200 times... more. It's still working fine. I don't thing your game can be broken that easily. And if your worried about the power button fallign of or something just push start/select/A/B at the same time to restart your game easily.

Lantsit15
November 29th, 2003, 06:29 PM
thanks, My friend also told me that. He got the shinies from a game site and he downloaded it from his computer to his gameshark.

Lantsit15
November 29th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Do those AR codes Work on gameshark advance version 2?

Entei244
November 29th, 2003, 06:35 PM
do u mean shiny pokemon? put if u r talking about the new games i do not know must

Entei244
November 29th, 2003, 06:37 PM
or the game shark advance sorry :dead:

Dragonair
November 29th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Well Me I Would Never Cheat To Get A Shiny It Takes The Fun Out Of Having One Well Thats What I Think

Entei244
November 29th, 2003, 07:08 PM
well what have u gotten? :bandit:

Dragonair
November 29th, 2003, 07:09 PM
well what have u gotten? :bandit:You Want Me To List My Shinys???

Entei244
November 29th, 2003, 07:10 PM
well yes but dont make it long just the best ones

Dragonair
November 29th, 2003, 07:13 PM
well yes but dont make it long just the best onesOkay I Only Have Two Now Pocheyanna,Torchic

Entei244
November 29th, 2003, 07:16 PM
kool, but i do not have a good idea because i do not he a gameboy advance yet but ill find out one way or another :classic:

Entei244
November 29th, 2003, 07:25 PM
ok here's a question how do u find a shiny pokemon just like that right out of the air with out a gameshark and also a colored pokemon?!!!

Frostweaver
November 30th, 2003, 12:09 AM
ok#here's a question how do u find a shiny pokemon just like that right out of the air with out a gameshark and also a colored pokemon?!!!

colored pokemon = shiny Pokemon...

The pokemon are just alternate color so technically it's just a colored Pokemon... but the traditions from GSC, of how the pokemon will flash in a shiny light first before battle, has been carried over to RS and we call it "shiny pokemon" because of the "shiny glow that exist no more."

By Lady Luck's wish, we get a shiny Pokemon... it's all down to luck. If you just captured a shiny Pokemon one day and if you're 18+, go buy a lottery ticket immediately.

Metal Jirachi
November 30th, 2003, 06:18 AM

I got a shiny electrike,plusle,girafarig,swblu,latios,seviper,marill,whismur,wurmple,latios,and a shiny magikarp

Dark Suicune
November 30th, 2003, 11:49 AM
I found a shiny Wurmple two weeks ago. He was a pretty purple color. When I saw him, I immediently threw an Ultra Ball and captured him. It was scary though because me Game Boy's battery died a few minutes later!

E. Master
November 30th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I just found a shiny trapinch when I got my shiny regirock two for one!! *faints*
And my SP was at red battery how long does an SP's red battery run for?

Nutman
December 3rd, 2003, 08:43 PM
In my s & c i have found: shiny Gyrados(spelling?),shiny golbat,shiny igglybuff,& there was sumthing else... :paranoid:

flygonruler1
December 4th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Just to let anyone know I have never sharked my whole life!

let me find the list.....
lets see
NON BRED(caght in wild):
traminch(now Flygon)
bagon(now salamence)
ziggzagoon
(this I kept restarting for) latias
and i think(I traded it) a groudon
Bred:
6 trampinch(all flygon now)
2 Bagon(all salamence)
torchic(now blazikin)

I Have ALOT of time on my hands

E. Master
December 6th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Six shiny trapinches, all flygons!

AzureFlygon
December 6th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Six shiny trapinches, all flygons!

I can't even find ONE!!! And that's the only kind I want!!

latios tamer
December 7th, 2003, 12:02 PM
who cares about shineis , hav'nt even seen a feebas yet ( weep .................
.............................. cry) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Amras_Calaelen
December 7th, 2003, 01:37 PM
As you can read in my Signature: I got a shiny shuppet while searching for Chimecho

I am always on the search for shinnies. On thing that I never looked into though: You are talking about shiny non-cathables...they keep shiny after evolution?

PATRIHE2001
December 8th, 2003, 10:18 PM
who cares about shineis , hav'nt even seen a feebas yet ( weep .................
.............................. cry) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
THAT IS HOW YOU WILL ENCOUNTER YOUR FIRST SHINY.
LOOKING FOR FEEBAS IS HOW I FOUND MY FIRST SHINY.
SO KEEP IT UP I ROOTING FOR YOU,

Frostweaver
December 8th, 2003, 10:27 PM
As you can read in my Signature: I got a shiny shuppet while searching for Chimecho

I am always on the search for shinnies. On thing that I never looked into though: You are talking about shiny non-cathables...they keep shiny after evolution?

yes... they remain 'shiny' when they evolve (would be kind of dumb if they are shiny then after evolution they became non-shiny).

Amras_Calaelen
December 9th, 2003, 10:15 AM
Hehehe, treu, got a point there, but I guess I can expect anything from the games these days. Alot of games have been giving me setbacks on alot of unsuspected points...Well, time to evolve it into a Bannete then :D

celebi2k2
December 9th, 2003, 03:33 PM
I caught a shiny medicham when i was training in victory road. My brother has a shiny regi-ice. 1st time too he didn't save in front of until he got a shiny. Caught it with the master ball. Now he is having so much trouble trying to catch latios

E. Master
December 10th, 2003, 02:39 PM
I have got my thumbs up for your brother I hade trouble fiding latios but I got a shiny one.

Amras_Calaelen
December 12th, 2003, 01:29 AM
I wonder if there is anyone on the world who has more than 25 shinys (legal ones)

If the odds are indeed around 1/6125 then they would battle ALOT

I saw someone had a shiny Swablu :| Altaria shiny :shock: w00t /me faints

So far only Shuppet :D Still searching on though...and I didn't know that Latios and Latias could be shiny, if only I had known some time ago...maybe start over again with my game :| autch :D

E. Master
December 12th, 2003, 01:57 PM
My brother found a shiny magicarp on ruby while he was fishing for feebas.

MasterLegendTrainer700
December 12th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Any way to raise your odds of catching a shiny?

E. Master
December 13th, 2003, 04:53 AM
I am not sure, but mabey you could breed two shiny pokemon.

Josh
December 13th, 2003, 11:16 AM
I've only caught two shiny PoKeMoN and they were both Zigzagoon and I caught them within a 24 hour time period on Route 101.

The first one that I caught had a Rash nature and I evolved it into a Shiny Linoone and the seconed Shiny Zigzagoon has a Lax nature.

I want to catch a Shiny Poochyena really bad and I plan on hatching it.

Here's what it'll look like if you haven't seen one.

http://pokefor.mygcs.de/meowth346/sprites/rs_pokemon_shiny/286.png

MasterLegendTrainer700
December 13th, 2003, 03:56 PM
I've only caught two shiny PoKeMoN and they were both Zigzagoon and I caught them within a 24 hour time period on Route 101.

The first one that I caught had a Rash nature and I evolved it into a Shiny Linoone and the seconed Shiny Zigzagoon has a Lax nature.

I want to catch a Shiny Poochyena really bad and I plan on hatching it.

Here's what it'll look like if you haven't seen one.

http://pokefor.mygcs.de/meowth346/sprites/rs_pokemon_shiny/286.png

What does Shiny Zigzagoon look like? I play in differing shades of light.

Larry Koopa
December 13th, 2003, 08:26 PM
I have two shiney's and they are:
Wailord (pink on top and white on bottom)
Gorybess (a wierd kind of yellow)

Time to go look for a shiney Rayquaza.

Dragonair
December 13th, 2003, 08:27 PM
What does Shiny Zigzagoon look like? I play in differing shades of light.Just Saw A Shiny Islumise I Almost Craped My Pants When I Encountered It It Was At Half Heath Then My Dustox Got A Critical And Knocked It Out Now I Want To Kill My Dustox It Looked So Cool To Gold Hair Man It Looked Cool Iam So Pissed

Larry Koopa
December 14th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Just Saw A Shiny Islumise I Almost Craped My Pants When I Encountered It It Was At Half Heath Then My Dustox Got A Critical And Knocked It Out Now I Want To Kill My Dustox It Looked So Cool To Gold Hair Man It Looked Cool Iam So Pissed

That must have sucked. If that was my Dustox, this is what it would look like :dead:

Ice demon
December 16th, 2003, 05:47 AM
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]
I have tried 600 times or so to get a shiny torchic and i still haven't found one :'( .I eventually gave up my quest and took a female with the highest stats i could find.However i am planning to go after a shiny feebas :\

Sapphire Titan
December 16th, 2003, 06:07 PM
I CAUGHT A SHINY NINCADA!!!! *feels special* I caught the orange littl;e bigger early in the game, right near that first cave near Rustboro.

Malc
December 16th, 2003, 06:26 PM
well i was looking for Bagon for ages then when i used White flute(lure pokemon) a golbat appeared then a bagon it might just be coincidence But it might help with shinys

Frostweaver
December 16th, 2003, 10:28 PM
well i was looking for Bagon for ages then when i used White flute(lure pokemon) a golbat appeared then a bagon it might just be coincidence But it might help with shinys
It doesn't help finding a shiny at all... Wild Pokemon are set at a set ratio... regardless of you using white flute, sweet scent or just walking, "this pokemon" will appear with a x% of chances in "this area". Shiny works the same way... by just applying the shiny encounter rate on top of it.

Arore
December 17th, 2003, 06:01 AM
My primary focus of the game at Fallabor Town was to catch a shiny Zangoose...and I gave up a half an hour later, lol. It is all a matter of luck and it is very frustrating, but I am no patient person.

Ice demon
December 17th, 2003, 08:00 PM

Yes u can totally get shinys from breeding
i got 2 :) ,yes 2 , shiny cleffas from breeding in GSC.However i don't know for R/S. :\

E. Master
December 18th, 2003, 08:50 AM
:P I sharked a shiny eevee into my Ruby, and now it is a JOLTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :surprised :( :sleeping:

Kairi
December 18th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Please dont SPAM, your message added little to the topic.

E. Master
December 18th, 2003, 11:54 AM
My cousen got a shiny rayquaza on his firs try! And see my avatar that is my shiny ho-oh on Sappire.

IceKitten
December 19th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Meh, a shiny Wingull thats a Pelipper, and a Lunatone, also a shiny Zigzagoon ran away from me :/

gotta get a shiny Ditto!!!!!!!!!! :X

wiseman
December 19th, 2003, 07:18 PM
hmm I really like shiny legendaries. Now I'm trying to get a shiny KYOGRE on my sapphire cart..but still no luck..:(

I know whatch mean. My first try, i found it in under thirty minutes and accidentally killed the sucker. Ive been searching for weeks try to find it on my new file. . .sigh.

Sleek
December 20th, 2003, 06:38 AM
i want a shiny poochyena. they are so cool. all the other shinies should jump into a cave of rabid zubats who aren't shiny...

~j/k j/k~

E. Master
December 20th, 2003, 08:36 AM
I wan't a shiny magickarp! My stupid little brother won't trade me it! Mabey I waill steel it, yah that's a good plan *shoots a dart in brother's neck a steels his game*

IceKitten
December 20th, 2003, 11:12 AM
LOL!!! just get 2 shiny Gyarados' and make em breed:laugh:

Latios Master
December 20th, 2003, 06:20 PM
BOO YA!!! I finally caught a shiny Pokemon in Ruby after 300 hours of playing on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a shiny Oddish Lv. 13 (I think). I caught it last month, like on Nov. 29th. (Suprisingly one day after I was last on here.)

Arore
December 21st, 2003, 10:47 AM
Ehhh...I know I am outnumbered by shiny collectors, but what is the point of playing th egame for 300 hours just to get a Pokemon of equal power as its counterpart with a different color? I know it's kind of like a hobby, but I just don't see the sport in it. *sees glares of death from shiny Pokemon lovers and slowly backs away* Of course, that is just my opinion. :nervous:

Clair
December 22nd, 2003, 04:22 AM
I don`t have shiny pokemon in R/S, because I don`t play anymore. But I have seen shiny Oddish in Safarii Zone.
I think, shiny pokemon in R/S aren`t so rare like in S/G/C, because many people have shiny pokemon in game.

DragonTrainer
December 22nd, 2003, 07:02 AM
Welcome to PC Clair :)

I gave up on getting a shiny mudkip.After a week of serching, I gave up, so I just continued with the game

Dragonair
December 23rd, 2003, 12:53 PM
Last Night I Caught A Shiny Spinda It Looks Diffrent Ill Give It That Much Black Spots Instead Of Red Its Okay But I Would Rather Have A Shiny Skarmory

Oh Ya Its Yellow Coloring Is A Little Darker Too

wraithghost89
December 23rd, 2003, 05:01 PM
i dont have one either, but someone said to get a shiny natu, use an acro bike and if you found a natu, run away! then hop on the acro bike on the same place and youll find shiny natu, but id be an idiot to believe that, but does it work? i never tried it...also, what is the point of getting shiny monsters? their stats are not as good as the real one, as i found out by comparing red gyarados and blue gyarados! my little brother has purple mudkip, yellow torchic, and blue treecko but he wont trade any to me! oh well, it doesnt matter, they are all male anyways, heehee, and i dont need shiny pokemon, it wastes my time, even seeing my friends having a blue mew (grrr) and red lugia (argh) and regice (it makes almost no difference, just more darker) and i find it weird... yellow charmander becomes yellow charmeleon and it becomes a black charizard! same for dragonite, it is purple at dratini and dragonair and truns black at dragonite! im surrounded by many shiny collectors and i never saw one! i dont care, they dont have a strong *** mewtwo (its green if it is shiny!) in their sapphire/ruby lol!

AzureFlygon
December 24th, 2003, 09:56 AM
I finally found my shiny Trapinch!!! I'm so happy :D It took me almost a hundred hours, but I got one ;)

OffRoadSP
December 24th, 2003, 01:59 PM
ok#here's a question how do u find a shiny pokemon just like that right out of the air with out a gameshark and also a colored pokemon?!!!

colored pokemon = shiny Pokemon...

The pokemon are just alternate color so technically it's just a colored Pokemon... but the traditions from GSC, of how the pokemon will flash in a shiny light first before battle, has been carried over to RS and we call it "shiny pokemon" because of the "shiny glow that exist no more."

By Lady Luck's wish, we get a shiny Pokemon... it's all down to luck. If you just captured a shiny Pokemon one day and if you're 18+, go buy a lottery ticket immediately.

Wait a sec...in R/S, do you mean they don't "shine" when they appear, and that they're just a different color? Or do they still sparkle when they appear?

Also a question that was asked earlier by someone else but I didn't see an answer for: I know any random Pokemon can be alternately colored, but is a hatched Pokemon also carry th same chance to be shiny?

teemu
December 25th, 2003, 01:41 AM
e.master how you got shiny azurill(did you breed two marrils)

Flaming Torchic
December 25th, 2003, 04:09 AM
In my Ruby game, I have a Shiny Luvdisc, there is no real colour change except that it is light orange instead of pink, and in my roms I had a shiny Beautifly, and also Had a wild Golbat, that's all though :p

Pluse_Strike
December 26th, 2003, 12:40 AM
hey check out this site for pics of shinies ^ ^
http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=40481404

Pluse_Strike
December 26th, 2003, 12:47 AM
isnt it cool? you can see all the pics of them ^^

Ice demon
December 26th, 2003, 07:06 PM
if u find a shiny latios/latias and damage it would it still be shiny when u next see it :\ :\ :\ :\
????????????????????????????

IceKitten
December 28th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Blue Mew rox XDXDXDXDXD:O

Frostweaver
December 28th, 2003, 10:52 PM
if u find a shiny latios/latias and damage it would it still be shiny when u next see it :\ :\ :\ :\
????????????????????????????
yes it will... whatever you do to Latios/Latias last time, its effect will stay the same next time you see it (such as being affected by status, in red hp, or shiny)

Please don't double post Pluse_strike... simply use the edit button to include a message in your last post.

Ice demon
December 29th, 2003, 06:54 PM
yes it will... whatever you do to Latios/Latias last time, its effect will stay the same next time you see it (such as being affected by status, in red hp, or shiny)

Please don't double post Pluse_strike... simply use the edit button to include a message in your last post.

YESSSSSSS.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
i had found a shiny latias but i ran....but now i will still be able to get one....

K-3.1416
December 31st, 2003, 04:01 PM
I found a Shiny Corphish while i was fishing on route 102. I haven't trained it but i'm thinking in use it in my party :P

sh3rry
December 31st, 2003, 07:40 PM
In my Ruby game I have a shiny Rayquaza (16 tries), shiny Groudon (74 tries), shiny Seviper (luck), shiny Absol (luck) and shiny Zigzagoon (luck). I was very happy when I caught shiny Rayquaza, he's my favorite Pokemon ^o^.
Once I was training my Pikachu (Route 104), when he finally reached the level 9 I went to the PokeCenter in Petalburg and guess what? The little rat got the PokeRus... I was like... O.O!!! I still have this Pikachu with a little black dot near his level, I never evolved him ^-^.

Edit: Changed Sapphire to Ruby, I have both versions but the shinies are in the Ruby.

Amy-chan
January 1st, 2004, 08:05 AM
Black dot? All my Pokemon that won ribbons have that black dot. Did this Pikachu win a ribbon?

sh3rry
January 1st, 2004, 01:08 PM
Hmmm, yes (cute contest), but he had the black dot before the contest O_o.

IceKitten
January 1st, 2004, 01:27 PM
Just 16 tries = shiny Rayquaza, and a Pokmon with Pokerus.

U r indeed, gifted.

sh3rry
January 1st, 2004, 02:05 PM
Nah, it's just luck ^-^, in my Gold version I only have a shiny Spinarak ._.

E. Master
January 3rd, 2004, 05:28 PM
I stole my stupid little magickarp wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cool:

teemu
January 12th, 2004, 12:33 AM
I got only Shiny Gyarados in my ruby...I had 2 but i trade my Shiny Linoone to my friend (he gave me Latias)

Absol chic
January 12th, 2004, 03:47 AM
i've only ever had 2 shiny pokemon, the red gyarodos from G/S and a metapod-but i kept it anyway, i didn't know what was wrong with it when i first got it :)

Malc
January 12th, 2004, 03:02 PM
will i get a shiny beldum if i save it in front of the pokeball in stevens house and keep selecting the pokeball and restarting ?

Latios Master
January 12th, 2004, 06:23 PM
will i get a shiny beldum if i save it in front of the pokeball in stevens house and keep selecting the pokeball and restarting ?
Yes, but the chance is very small. It could take forever. I did that once, but I gave up after getting board. I'm doing that with an invisible Kecleon right now! ^_^ I'm sure that it'll never show up as a shiny though. Of course, anything can happen.

Shiny Breeder
January 13th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Hey everyone i am the Shiny breeder I have gotten every shiny pokemon that is able to breed on my Gold game except for Caterpie and his forms. I also just aquired a shiny Trapinch on my Sapphire game and have started to breed him.

Furikuri Otaku
January 14th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Should i wait till rayquaza is shiny or should i just catch it?15 hours and ive tried to make it shiny atleast 250 times. Any ideas?

OffRoadSP
January 15th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Do shiny Pokemon still "shine" when they appear in R/S, or are they just a different color? I was always looking for the shine, so I hope I didn't miss any!

Yamichu
January 16th, 2004, 09:12 PM
They didn't shine for me and I don't think they shine for anyone. I remember someone at the pojo board saying they caught a Lunatone whith a blue eye and didn't know it was different until he saw the pokedex.
horn

AzureFlygon
January 17th, 2004, 04:54 PM
They didn't shine for me and I don't think they shine for anyone. I remember someone at the pojo board saying they caught a Lunatone whith a blue eye and didn't know it was different until he saw the pokedex.
horn

They do shine, but it's really had to see because they muted the colors. The stars are brownish and swirl in a quick DNA pattern that's almost impossable to see if you're not paying attention. Discouraging, really...

Oakley
January 19th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Last night I had a dream about shiny pokemon in my game. I really would love to catch one shiny pokemon. I have seen only shiny Oddish in Safarii Zone =/

AzureFlygon
January 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Last night I had a dream about shiny pokemon in my game. I really would love to catch one shiny pokemon. I have seen only shiny Oddish in Safarii Zone =/

Wow, I had a dream about shiny Pokemon about a year ago, and the next day I found the same one in my game! I think you may just have a chance! :D

teemu
January 20th, 2004, 01:39 AM
i got now shiny jirachi and not shiny deoxys...

ShiningKamikaze!!!
January 20th, 2004, 09:16 PM
ive been trying 2 catch a black rayquaza 4 a week, so should i keep trying?

KAMIKAZE!!! (Just my trademark :cool: )

Yamichu
January 20th, 2004, 09:33 PM
ShiningKamikaze- No you shouldn't. It's probalby pretty piontless to keep trying for more than 3 days so I recomend you just catch one with the right nature I got my Pink Kyogre in the first DAY! Man I was lucky! :D :D :D

'C ya
~HORN!

T-Wolf
January 21st, 2004, 12:20 PM
Yesterday, when i reached 102 hours of playing Ruby, I ran into and successfully captured my first shiny pokemon. I caught a Barboach. Instead of its head an fins being blue, it was gold. He was at level 28 and i was fishing using a super rod at route 114. About 23 minutes later, he evolved in a Whiscash. His colour is just darker than a normal Whiscash.

I want a shiny chikorita....but that means i have to wait for FR/LG

teemu
January 22nd, 2004, 07:26 AM
t-wolf you don't have to wait, use gameshark

T-Wolf
January 22nd, 2004, 10:09 AM
Nah, i wanna play this game legit. Like a true pokemon trainer.

ShiningKamikaze!!!
January 22nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
ShiningKamikaze- No you shouldn't. It's probalby pretty piontless to keep trying for more than 3 days so I recomend you just catch one with the right nature I got my Pink Kyogre in the first DAY! Man I was lucky! :D :D :D

'C ya
~HORN!

I tried 1 last time, and by sum miracle, I saw it! I caught it wit a ultar ball. Now, for my netx crazy stunt, I shall try 4 the shiny Beldum!!! MUHUHAHAHA!!! (We all no im screwed, right?)

PEEZE OWT!!!
~KAMIKAZE!!!

Pokemon Master 05
January 25th, 2004, 02:01 AM
I have a shiny Regice which is the only shiny i have right now

bna_li
January 26th, 2004, 02:58 AM
After more than 200+ hours of playing, I still dont have a shiny. Is there something wrong with my game?

PATRIHE2001
January 26th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Wow, I had a dream about shiny Pokemon about a year ago, and the next day I found the same one in my game! I think you may just have a chance! :D

HELO JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOUR DREAM SCARES ME.
I MEAN HOW OFFTEN YOU HAVE THIS DEJAVU DREAMS????? :paranoid:

silverfrost
January 26th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Only shiny pokemon I've ever caught were two level 3 Zigzagoon on the same day. x_x For once, I'd really like to catch a cool shiny.

AzureFlygon
January 27th, 2004, 10:14 AM
HELO JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOUR DREAM SCARES ME.
I MEAN HOW OFFTEN YOU HAVE THIS DEJAVU DREAMS????? :paranoid:

I don't have them too often, but the last shiny I found I knew it would be a shiny before it even showed up on the screen. And I actually knew, too, I didn't just want it to be one. It was creepy. No, I didn't have a gameshark in, if that's what your thinking ;)

Vai Fox
January 27th, 2004, 11:57 AM
The only shiney on my Sapphire is my shiney electrike,Rakurai.
'Twas on my way to the berry master's house and BAM! the first thing that attacked me,I nearly fell over. ^^;
I dun wanna evolve him though...I like the blue on them. x(;
Heh...what I really want and I'd trade for -anything- is a shiney torchic..I'd love to train it and add it to my Blaziken horde. -cackles evilly.-
My sister has a shiney wingull and a shiney loudred o_O not very interesting.

teemu
February 4th, 2004, 02:17 AM
i got these shinys:
31 Wobbuffet
8 Mew
1 Gyarados
1 Heracross
7 Crobat
11 Chansey
2 Blissey

Dragonair
February 8th, 2004, 08:32 PM
I Just Caught A Shiny Zangoose By Mistake I Was Going To Get Bagon when Bam Shiny Zangoose I Started Shaking Like Mad But Then I Caught It And It Was Like Someone Threw Ice Water Over Me Then I Was Spechless For Like 5 Mins(Wanted A Shiny Zangoose Scince I Bought The Game) Saved My Game Then Ran Around My House For 1 Hour Screaming I GOT HIM BOYAA!!!

Eternal Night
February 9th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Well I onlt have one. It is a Dustox now but it was a Wurmple when i got it. I'm hopeing to get a shiny poochyena and another Wurmple so i can have a shiny Beautifly. Other than that i don't care if i get any other shinys.

teemu
February 10th, 2004, 01:57 AM
week ago i got shining Spinda when i was training my torkoal

Lady Umbreon
February 11th, 2004, 08:30 AM
I have 192 hours and I spent all day yesterday looking for a shiny anything... I didn't find one.
Instead, I got the PokeRus 0_o;
Ah, well... Knew it was going to happen eventually...

But I wish I had known you could catch a shiny Rayquaza or Kyogre before I caught it! Darn. And I really get bored chasing Latias around, so I'll probably never get a shiny legendary... the first time I saw it was RIGHT after I beat the League. I was like, :confused: !! And I haven't seen it since. Well, maybe once or twice.
Maybe I'll go to the Southern Island and find Latios. Oh, wait, I don't have an E-Reader! AAARGH!
(Currently looking for a shiny Pikachu... :sleeping: Good luck.)

Also I had a dream that I caught a shiny Bellsprout last night... it was blue. Kind of wierd... :shocked: Could that mean something!?

AzureFlygon
February 11th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I have 192 hours and I spent all day yesterday looking for a shiny anything... I didn't find one.
Instead, I got the PokeRus 0_o;
Ah, well... Knew it was going to happen eventually...

But I wish I had known you could catch a shiny Rayquaza or Kyogre before I caught it! Darn. And I really get bored chasing Latias around, so I'll probably never get a shiny legendary... the first time I saw it was RIGHT after I beat the League. I was like, :confused: !! And I haven't seen it since. Well, maybe once or twice.
Maybe I'll go to the Southern Island and find Latios. Oh, wait, I don't have an E-Reader! AAARGH!
(Currently looking for a shiny Pikachu... :sleeping: Good luck.)

Also I had a dream that I caught a shiny Bellsprout last night... it was blue. Kind of wierd... :shocked: Could that mean something!?

Yeah, when I have those dreams I always catch a shiny the next day! And it's almost always the same species. Oh, and I think shiny bellsprout have blue "lips", so your dream was accurate, too!

Lady Umbreon
February 12th, 2004, 08:30 AM
I was in the Safari Zone for 6 hours looking for a shiny Pikachu! And then I decided to catch a couple (since they're relatively rare, y'know...). It wasn't until I left and I checked my box that I realized that I had caught 20 of them ^_^;
Now I have a whole box stuffed full of Pikachu, and not one is shiny either :( ...

Oh, yeah, and can you get a shiny from hatching if you restart and keep hatching it over and over again?

bna_li
February 12th, 2004, 08:40 AM
I think so... isnt that sorta like how you catch a shiny rare one?

Shiney
February 12th, 2004, 10:46 AM
I have played through ruby at least seven times by now, and I NEVER encountereed ONE shiney! I wish there was a gameshark code that could actually make pokemon you encounter shiney, instead of just switching shiney and nonshiney graphics, I really want a shiney electrode! :(

Eternal Night
February 12th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Wlel i restarted mt Sapphire game(aigan). I have restarted my games more times than i can count. I finaly fo a new shiny. It was a Poocheyna. Yea i got one i wanted. Thiygh after a fews day for looking i gaveup on the Wurmple and went with that game. Shinys can be a big pain to get.

MiNuN*
February 13th, 2004, 01:43 AM
I got the real Pokemon Ruby on GBA game. And I only got a Beautifly shiny [in the PC] , Tailow shiny [in the PC] and Mightyena shiny [party in training] I know MAY not supposed to have a Mightyena but who cares X_X

Eternal Night
February 13th, 2004, 01:48 AM
I got the real Pokemon Ruby on GBA game. And I only got a Beautifly shiny [in the PC] , Tailow shiny [in the PC] and Mightyena shiny [party in training] I know MAY not supposed to have a Mightyena but who cares X_X
are you playing your Ruby as May??
I got another shiny. It was on my Sapphire. Though it was Shroomish(sp). *sigh now i finda shiny

SlaveZero
February 14th, 2004, 06:25 PM
I never met a shiny pokemon on R/S and in crystal I have 6 of them.

Dragonair
February 14th, 2004, 09:08 PM
I Have a Shiny Spinda Too.........Still Looking For A Shiny Pikachu(Started A Week Ago) Then Ill Make It A Raichu

Cassie-chan
February 15th, 2004, 01:28 PM
most shinys are ugly, But I still want one.
Once in my cystiyl game, I found a shiny paris. I didn't have any pokeballs. :'(

Deoxys55
February 15th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Hello peoples!
I have a shiny sandshrew and I almost cought a shiny Linune but I made it faint by accident... -_-

SlaveZero
February 15th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I just can't find a shiny Pokemon in r/s?Is it really that hard?And on Crystal they appear very often (well they did to me)

Lady Umbreon
February 17th, 2004, 08:32 AM
I spent all weekend trying to get a shiny Lugia on Crystal and it still hasn't appeared... Well, maybe after another 20 hours... @.@;

Has anybody ever seen a shiny Jigglypuff? I've really been wanting one lately for some reason... :P

stewie&rupert
February 17th, 2004, 02:14 PM
i have a red onix which is different from the original shiney.
about 30+ red garodos
i got 3 shiney celebis and forgot to post it.
pink sneasel
silver flamed rapidash

as much as i love my red celebis i want a blue mew really badly

SuperCody2004
February 17th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Ive been playing for 102 hours no shiny.I probably have some of the strongest pkmn
there is I dont even get rewarded.

SuperCody2004
February 17th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Should i wait till rayquaza is shiny or should i just catch it?15 hours and ive tried to make it shiny atleast 250 times. Any ideas?

No you should catch it normal.Dont waste your time on something thats just a different color.There are many other mysteries in the game.Ive beatin the
game 99%.Just waiting for Jerachi.Lookout Jerachi Cody is COMING! :laugh: :laugh:

SuperCody2004
February 17th, 2004, 09:15 PM
does anyone know a specific are to catch a shiny.Besides the fish pkmn.

Lady Umbreon
February 18th, 2004, 09:15 AM
There's no specific area you can find a shiny in. You can find them anywhere if you look REALLY hard, and if you have the patience. (Unfortunately for me I have none)

demonstrife
February 18th, 2004, 11:59 AM
How do you get a shiny, precious little shiny azurill, or even a regular azurill?

SlaveZero
February 18th, 2004, 04:42 PM
There's no specific area you can find a shiny in. You can find them anywhere if you look REALLY hard, and if you have the patience. (Unfortunately for me I have none)

Strange....and I find it simple to find a shiny Pokemon.I said I have 6 of them but now I have 8.I don't get it...

DarkCharizardOfTheNight
February 18th, 2004, 09:13 PM
we need a shiny code for the GS SP....

Lady Umbreon
February 19th, 2004, 08:54 AM
I remember Kairi saying that the chances of getting a shiny depends on your IV...

...what's an IV?? Mine must really stink. :\

stewie&rupert
March 10th, 2004, 07:53 PM
just now i found a shiney cacnea as i was looking for the elusive shiny trapinch. shiny cacnea looks brown like a real cactes in the desert.im gonna evolve it into a brown cacturn.

Neko Keeshi
March 12th, 2004, 12:08 PM
The only shiney I ever got was the gyradose(sp?) from G/S. I'v never found another one.

Kairi
March 12th, 2004, 01:00 PM
I remember Kairi saying that the chances of getting a shiny depends on your IV...

...what's an IV?? Mine must really stink. :\
That only applies to GSC, not R/S. If you want to see what IVs are though, check the stickyed Advanced Trainer's guide in the R/S section. ^_^;

Muffin Man
March 15th, 2004, 11:15 AM
I got a shiny pink crobat, Its the only shiny I have on RS though...

//mew\\
March 15th, 2004, 12:00 PM
i caught shiny rayqazza.....he`s so black! :)

IceKitten
March 15th, 2004, 12:10 PM
I Just Caught A Shiny Zangoose By Mistake I Was Going To Get Bagon when Bam Shiny Zangoose I Started Shaking Like Mad But Then I Caught It And It Was Like Someone Threw Ice Water Over Me Then I Was Spechless For Like 5 Mins(Wanted A Shiny Zangoose Scince I Bought The Game) Saved My Game Then Ran Around My House For 1 Hour Screaming I GOT HIM BOYAA!!!
Bagon isn't found in the same place as Zangoose ;x

kInGdRa_rUlEs
March 15th, 2004, 12:15 PM
i caught a shiny magikarp while looking for gyarados in sootopolis city. And then i evolved it and got a shiny gyarados.

Chairman Kaga
March 15th, 2004, 01:16 PM
In 100+ hours I'm sure I've encountered thousands of pokemon, which means that I should have at least seen 1 shiny (if I've seen 6000 or more...I think those are the approxamate odds) I want to have at least one besides the shining zigzagoon I'll download to my Sapphire next month when I can finally make it to EB...

SwampertLover
March 16th, 2004, 11:02 PM
I FINALLY CAGHT A SHINY FEEBAS!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
after looking for 2 hours for a feebas...shiny feebas appear...*shocked*
Cool!
I got mine REALLY quick though, i found one in 17 mins.
I am so lucky

The Pokemaster
March 19th, 2004, 07:01 AM
it doesnt matter to me, shiny or none shiny, it is a pokemons skills and stats that make it great, i have no shiny pokemon (the charizard in my signature was the only sprite i could find at the time, he isnt actually shiny) but they are very powerful compared to most shiny pokemon ive seen my friends use, and can beat them easily, if i bump into a shiny then sure thing ill catch it, but i very much doubt id use it.

Ytnim
March 19th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I caught a shiny Hariyama in Victory Road but I dont use it cause it is weaker in most stats from a normal Hariyama except it is slightly (I mean Like 1 or 2 more) stronger in Special Defence and Attack and it's ability is Thick fat.

Latios Master
March 20th, 2004, 09:52 AM
I'm still not sure if I should train my shiny Oddish, the only shiny Pokemon that I've caught in a Pokemon game. :\ It's already been almost 4 months since I caught it. I want to evolve it, but I want all it's forms as being shiny, but the duplication code isn't in r/s. Should I raise it? And with what form and attacks?

Btw, right now I'm searching for a 2nd shiny Pokemon with no luck, of course...

I have the worst luck with shiny Pokemon, but great luck with Pokerus. o_O

MidnightScott
March 20th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I caught a shiny Hariyama in Victory Road but I dont use it cause it is weaker in most stats from a normal Hariyama except it is slightly (I mean Like 1 or 2 more) stronger in Special Defence and Attack and it's ability is Thick fat.

I encountered one before in Victory Road too, but I don't see what's so special about it. I have all the codes to Catch Any Pokmon in R/S for GameShark SP. I don't have any shiny codes though. I have the pics for all the shinys on a Word Document. I like Shiny's & all but they don't look as good as the Shiny's in G/S/C versions.

-Scott-

Xilion_Sword90
March 20th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Man, the only shiney i have is my golden Latias....

Genji__Fujiwara444
March 21st, 2004, 11:22 AM
Well, in my FIRST PKM Sapphire file, I had a Shiny Aron, and Claydoll. On my current file I just have a shiny Golbat.

coco
March 22nd, 2004, 02:02 PM
in sapphire I caught an orange Poochyena while training on route 103

OffRoadSP
March 23rd, 2004, 06:44 AM
FINALLY!!!

After 236 hours of logged game time, I've finally encountered and captured a shiny pokemon!

I was just surfing through Route 124 when I noticed my Staryu only needed about 200XP to go up a level. So I just tossed in my Super Rod to fish up a battle, and lo and behold, a light blue Wailmer made its shiny appearance!! I used Staryu's Swift attack to weaken it about halfway, used up two regular pokeballs with no success, then lobbed a Net Ball, which successfully caught the level 35 Wailmer. Wailmer has decent stats and they have excellent HP, so I'm going to train it to be my main Pokemon in tournament battle. Just in time for Pokemon Colosseum, too!!

I am SO thrilled I finally caught one!

MegaLightBlaze
March 23rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
Took me forever to get my first Shiny. (Zubat thats now a Golbat.) Get'm Shadow Bat(He's R/S)

shining_light
March 23rd, 2004, 07:51 AM
i have a shiny spinda...the uglyest shiny in the world!!!!!!