PDA

View Full Version : has anyone been the target of rascism?

Tweak
February 10th, 2004, 02:32 PM
:confused: i haven't been, but my friends recently mentioned her trip to NY and some african american was swearing and telling all asians he saw to "go back to china"...errrr, and that freaked my friend out. O_O; i'm not sure if that's being racist or crazy. cause i think that guy musta been drunk/crazy.

i hope we (the new generation of people) will be better than that crazy guy. =/

Kayleigh
February 10th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I haven't yet, and I haven't met anyone who has. It's sad though that some people would treat another person like that just because of their skin color.

And also, we'll have to watch this. I don't want a flame war going on, but that won't happen unless someone makes a rude comment. So, if you have a problem with something that someone else says, don't comment back, just PM me.

Dizzy
February 10th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Racism is wrong. Actually yes, my friends have been targets, because some kids didnt like portuguese kids they used to laugh at us. And now they want to be our friends ( I wonder why ) :)

Roxas
February 10th, 2004, 02:44 PM
i hate rascism! it's wrong! yup! i've been a target.....guess what i did to them! i kicked then in the nuts! :laugh: i dont know if i shouldve done that though.....but just get me so mad that i wanna push them down the stairs

100marios
February 10th, 2004, 02:45 PM
For some really stupid reason, everyone at my school makes fun of the "white" kids, or all-american kids. People actually seemed embarrased to say they're American and try to cover it up by saying they're cuban or something! (which we do have a lot of here though) I personally, love being American. I don't care what others think!

Dizzy
February 10th, 2004, 02:51 PM
American :(...

< Isnt fully American... :) Is European-American :)!!!

Kairi
February 10th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Cant say I have been, nor have I ever discriminated against others for thatin fact Id like to be a lot of different races besides what I am .._.;

100marios
February 10th, 2004, 02:57 PM
American :(...

< Isnt fully American... :) Is European-American :)!!!
I'm not fully American either, but I'm really proud to be at least half American!

orange*berry
February 10th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Pff.. Probably when I was little. x.x() I just don't remember.
I tend to shy away from people, so who knows what they say behind my back. x.x

Greed
February 10th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Never happened to me, but I hate it when people do that.. ;-;

Its so sad, and it angers me people are soooo inmature >_<;;

*drowns*

Sayuri no Hoshi
February 10th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Well, a boy in my class had gone to Downtown Boston to see a movie with a few of his friends; and, while they were waiting outside the theater there was a group of four or five white people and two black people. The man in the ticket booth just told the white group to just go on through--not even caring whether they had tickets or not. But, when the black people stepped up he made them buy tickets and the ushers continuously asked them to see their tickets. The whites made out like bandits, huh? I'm white too, but it still bothers me. No matter what, racism isn't going to stop because there are just too many prejudice people out there.

Haruka
February 10th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Prejudism in school = illegal...

If you say something that is prejudism, they get suspended. -_-...

Dizzy
February 10th, 2004, 03:29 PM
The word is Prejudice

Thats so messed up, why would someone do that. Racism won't get you anywhere in this world. You can't tell who is Asian, who's Portuguese or Italian because everyone has different Skin tones and different ways of doing things.

Iveechan
February 10th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I've been accused of being racist because I had no black friends in fourth grade... which is silly because I actually had NO friends :/.

22sa
February 10th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Yes, I've been an victim of Racism before, it's like how Zapchu described it.

I was really young at the time it happened, at West Edmonton Mall, Galaxy Land. I liked Bumper Cars and always wanted to drive them every time I was there. WHile I was waiting in line with everyone, and they were all taller than me, this guy looked at me contemptously and made some racist comments. I don't remember them, it was something about "let's get him" "Chinese" (He said it in a very disgusted way). Heh, too bad though, he got a sour neck from being bumped before he reached me. XD

There's really only one human race, the Human Race! So I'm going to have to say Racism is ignorance...

Haruka
February 10th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Well, it's a really nasty world after September 11, 2001.. Everything have changed since the tragic event. People started to act different which is some kind of bad reason.

Well, if you are bothered by it, tell your parents.

*~Ashley~*
February 10th, 2004, 03:42 PM
being racist is stupid. everyone is different so it shouldn't matter where you come from. especially in america. america is a "melting pot" of races so everyone (except native americans) come from some other country first.

i haven't been the target of racism but my friend has. she is part puertorican and this girl (who i don't like at all) didn't like her and would make fun of her for that. it's really mean. it's just wrong.

Rifted
February 10th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I haven't been the direct target of racism (i.e., in my face), but I have suspicions that some people have been racist to me.

For example, once for a musical in high school, the dance choreographer was pairing up girls with guys for a little polka part, and of course there were more girls than guys. I was one of the three that was left behind and coincidentally we were all Filipino, or at least part Filipino. Coincidence? I think not. >.>;

22sa
February 10th, 2004, 04:11 PM
I think they fond a 1999 terrorist plan that listed many countries where they wanted to terrorize the Jewish properties in. (Like US and Canada)

Racism was actually one of the why the Japanese didn't like the Americans for a very long while in the 20th century too lol. "Racist America"...

Cherrim
February 10th, 2004, 04:33 PM
being racist is stupid. everyone is different so it shouldn't matter where you come from. especially in america. america is a "melting pot" of races so everyone (except native americans) come from some other country first.
A "melting pot" isn't a very good thing, if you ask me. @_@ It means a country encourages its immigrants to fit in and to be like everyone else. A culturally mosaic country, on the other hand, encourages immigrants to hold on to their unique cultures as well as adopt. o_O Those were definitions I had on my geography test... and they're probably the ones I got wrong (19/20 in that section ._.). Aaanyway...

I don't think I've ever been the target of racism. =\ Not that I know of, anyway. Up until now, I've usually lived in fairly multicultural areas. (Now I live in an area which is almost 100% Italian. XD) ^_^;;

Keleri
February 10th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Certain people I know at school are 'racist', but they don't mean it, so no one takes offense. I can't recall overhearing or seeing someone being genuinely racist. I think it's a bad thing, though...prejudice is wrong. =/

22sa
February 10th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Yea, sometimes people are just kidding with their friends when they say "my nig..." or something. ^_^;;

Kairi
February 10th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Often racial slurs become substitutes for words like man and dude, as 22sa said. A lot of people dont even really know what theyre saying these days. =\

Greed
February 10th, 2004, 05:13 PM
I hate it when people do that. Don't they have any shame, those creeps?!

When they do that, I get the idea that instead of having a brain, they have crap stuffed inside their skull.. Grrrrr... That stuff angers me, I just want to go in front of them and knock their frigging head off >____<;

Stupid racists.. I just wanna.. *mumble mumble*

*burns*

DragonTrainer
February 10th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Well, no one at my school is racist, nor have I been the target of racism, but racism just makes me want to do stuff that I wouldn't normally do

22sa
February 10th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Lol, I understand.

There are those that have so much faith and mega-determination in their "race", its hero-like o_O. Can't help but to admire someone like that, even though their faith is false. Haven't met a racist person IRL like that though.

Iveechan
February 10th, 2004, 05:27 PM
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=walmart

This topic made me think of this Maddox article (WARNING, strong language, so don't clikc the link if you're sensitive to curse words). It's both funny and true.

DragonTrainer
February 10th, 2004, 05:29 PM
It says Error:Website not responding to me

22sa
February 10th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Keeping trying maybe ... it's working for me. It's about a racist American against immigrants taking "their jobs" and doesn't belong, lol. And another American (anti-racist) teaching him a lesson. :D

Stinger
February 10th, 2004, 05:37 PM
There's a difference between "joking around" racism, and racism. I get called white boy all the time at school... Mexicans being the majority at my school. I really don't care because i know that they're joking around.

latiosspud
February 10th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Keeping trying maybe ... it's working for me. It's about a racist American against immigrants taking "their jobs" and doesn't belong, lol. And another American (anti-racist) teaching him a lesson. :D
Yeah, the same American telling us to get some balls. :laugh:

Tweak
February 10th, 2004, 06:45 PM
=/ i remember how the original english settlers were mean to irish and german settlers. i find that idiotic. as one of my friends said...

it took them a long time to figure out they were all white
then it took from another long time to figure out it doesn't matter if your black or white, you're all equal
then, it took them another long time to accept people from across the pacific...
then it took them another decade or so to accept women into the culture.
then after 9/11, everyone started to be mean to arabic looking people

i remember on 9/11, at my school, i heard this student told this arabic girl "it was your people who did it!" then the girl was upset and cried =(

=D as u can see...people are naturally stupid.

Timbjerr
February 10th, 2004, 07:24 PM
I go to a ghetto Black school, and I hear the "N" word so much, I don't consider it a swear anymore. As Kairi said, racial slurs have evolved into a synonym for "dude" or "pal"

I am not racist (I go to a school that is 50% black and 37% hispanic), but I have been accused of being racist. Once. Some black dudes were calling me racist because they heard me say to one of my friends (who happened to be white) that some annoying black dude was messing with me during third period. O.o

Tweak
February 10th, 2004, 08:25 PM
I go to a ghetto Black school, and I hear the "N" word so much, I don't consider it a swear anymore. As Kairi said, racial slurs have evolved into a synonym for "dude" or "pal"

I am not racist (I go to a school that is 50% black and 37% hispanic), but I have been accused of being racist. Once. Some black dudes were calling me racist because they heard me say to one of my friends (who happened to be white) that some annoying black dude was messing with me during third period. O.o

ehheh...if u ever saw a photo of my high school u'd think u were in asia. 70%or more asians (mostly chinese, koreans, japanese, asian indians, mideasterns) . lesee...and during the four years i was there we had 3.5 african americans (one of 'em was half white) and i've only seen a handful of hispanics...=/ they hang out in a group together and they are quite shy. and i guess the rest of the 20% is european? although sometimes in class...it goes up to 100% asian. its....quite odd. in my city it is almost 50% asian. :laugh: its...so weird!!! @_@ i've lived in the USA my ENTIRE life and so far i've only made 1 close caucasian/european friend. and he keeps on complaining how he's the minority. :laugh:

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
February 11th, 2004, 10:17 AM
In first grade some kid called me the "N" word. I was kind of scared back then, but I wish I was back in first grade again because I should have done something about it [even if that would have gotten me in trouble]. But really no. Nobody is openly prejudiced towards me, like in my face.

DragonTrainer
February 11th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Dude, if anyone called me by some racist name, I would have to do something myself to take care of it

22sa
February 11th, 2004, 03:40 PM
=/ i remember how the original english settlers were mean to irish and german settlers. i find that idiotic. as one of my friends said...

it took them a long time to figure out they were all white
then it took from another long time to figure out it doesn't matter if your black or white, you're all equal
then, it took them another long time to accept people from across the pacific...
then it took them another decade or so to accept women into the culture.
then after 9/11, everyone started to be mean to arabic looking people

i remember on 9/11, at my school, i heard this student told this arabic girl "it was your people who did it!" then the girl was upset and cried =(

=D as u can see...people are naturally stupid.
I guess people needed a reason to hate, it's evitable.

Dizzy
February 11th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Today was really bad, Some Kid screamed "*****" really loud and my friend Xuan Mai got really sad and started to cry. I felt really bad, but if I ever find this kid...

DragonTrainer
February 11th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Racism is wrong, but some people just don't get the message.It doesn't matter what color you are.White,black,brown,purple,polka dot, whatever.It doesn't matter what you look like, just who you are

That sounded so cliched

22sa
February 11th, 2004, 06:51 PM
The point is you can't change the color of your skin, you can change your opinions but not the color of your skin. ;)

latiosspud
February 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM
The point is you can't change the color of your skin, you can change your opinions but not the color of your skin. ;)
What about Michael Jackson?

DragonTrainer
February 11th, 2004, 06:56 PM
MIchael Jackson was just plain strange

22sa
February 11th, 2004, 06:58 PM
What about Michael Jackson?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hehe, I was thinking about the Nazi's racist policies how one would ever be better off in the Soviet Union since one can change their opinions about Stalin, but not their skin color, unless they were white. Mr. Jackson, lol.

DragonTrainer
February 11th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Lol, that guy was lucky he didn't get a major skin disease

22sa
February 11th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Heh, so many things you can do now if you have you money to...

DragonTrainer
February 11th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Yea, money is everything to people nowadays.....

22sa
February 11th, 2004, 07:10 PM
"The knights slew for love, and we slay for money!" lol :P

DragonTrainer
February 11th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Lol, were'd you get that from?

22sa
February 11th, 2004, 07:16 PM
It's one of my Jr. High friend's MSN screename. :P Not exactly like I said it, but close.

Kairi
February 11th, 2004, 07:18 PM
You talk to IRL people on MSN? O.o; They on PC 22sa? =P

22sa
February 11th, 2004, 07:21 PM
You talk to IRL people on MSN? O.o; They on PC 22sa? =P
Lol, everyone's real, including frostweaver. :P The person I just mentioned doesn't sign in much.

Kairi
February 11th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Of course frosty is real! I could brag on him for hours, but anyway.

I mean people you KNOW IRL. =P

22sa
February 11th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Not much, buy yes I have too. :P

100marios
February 11th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Ah ha! IRL means "in real life"! I was wondering what it meant for a long time hehe. I'm still sorta new to all these "internet acronyms".

Tweak
February 11th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Racism is wrong, but some people just don't get the message.It doesn't matter what color you are.White,black,brown,purple,polka dot, whatever.It doesn't matter what you look like, just who you are

That sounded so cliched

:P polka dotted people now??? now we have spotted people? hahahaha. >D then all the non-spotted people will make fun of 'em. then the people with different colored spots make fun of the people with dull colored spots.

...okay i'm just imagining. xD

100marios
February 11th, 2004, 07:56 PM
That reminds me of some Dr.Seuss story........I'm not gonna start hehe.