PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon: Rob's Adventure

MasterMew
August 11th, 2005, 12:52 AM
This is my last hack thus far. In it you are a teenager named Rob. Same as every of my hacks, this one is going to have edited graphics, maps, tiles, events, etc. But what makes different this one from my other hacks is the main theme of the game: time travels.

There are three ages:
Present
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/MasterMew/robadv1.gif

Past
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/MasterMew/robadv2.gif

And future
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/MasterMew/robadv3.gif

Each age is very different and have a lot of unique features (Pokes, items, peoples, places...).

How to travel trought time? Well, you in the game you obtain two magical medallions than can warp you centuries to the past or to the future, but they need a lot of magical energy to do it. You will have to find the "Spiritual Stones", which are big magical stones that are hidden around the world (they are usually located in places where the peoples don't pass, like forests).
In the beginning you will have to travel trought time a lot of times to acces to different places of the world. But while you progress in the games, a lot of paths will be open, and once you are in the age that you want, you will be able to travel to every place that you want.

These are some of the main features of the hack:
-You will be able to travel through time everytime that you want
-14 main quests (23 if you count the gyms and the Pokémon League, which will be secondaries quests in this hack)
-The story will be more important that usually is in a Pokémon game (imagine a Pokémon game with a story similar to one from a 2d Zelda game)
-You will be able to catch all the Pokes availables in the game, but obviously you will have to find thought all of the ages (example: in the past are extinct pokes that can't be catched in the present or future, while in the future you will be able to catch futuristic pokes like a new version of Porygon named "Porygon 4.5")
-Items that you only can get in a certain age. Example:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/MasterMew/robadv4.gif

DarkPegasus
August 11th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Looking cool right now! Cool idea, and very cool screens!

blast
August 11th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Wow...................... cool screens. !

the O rly? owl
August 11th, 2005, 02:09 AM
THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME.

Can you remind me what are all of your hacks?
Sunshine, sunset, Rob adv, GSADV...what else?

Smarties-chan
August 11th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Wow this is great, I love the idea of time travelling.

dubrillion
August 11th, 2005, 08:46 AM
hehehehe this game looks cool. it has the same idea like prince of persia 2. you can travel from present to past to :D:D:D:D

Pikachu_King
August 11th, 2005, 09:15 AM
awesome *subscribes to thread* I hope this one gets finished it looks great.

jc_rcw
August 11th, 2005, 01:24 PM
another masterpiece from master mew,nice screens and awsome story:)

xxblueweird0
August 11th, 2005, 01:32 PM
wow the graphics are incredible! I'm really looking forward to this
hack.......hope you finish it!

Akio123
August 11th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Wow, this hack looks incrdible! This looks, so cool. Keep up the good work!^^

Kronos
August 11th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Awesome hack master mew! does this mean that you are not doing your gs one anymore?

Celesta
August 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Wow, another great hack! You are like, the best! Good luck on all your hacks!

~Celesta

Wulava
August 11th, 2005, 11:46 PM
WOW! Another hack by MasterMew. Look's pretty professional. I'll wait for this one... and all your other hacks too.

ChubraidermonCharlie
August 12th, 2005, 12:08 AM
I love this hack, keep it up Mastermew!

Omega Latios
August 12th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Really Awesome Work Mastermew! I Hope You Can Finish This Hack!

Pokemaster Jonathan
August 12th, 2005, 05:04 AM
once again another awsome hack good job i love the time travleing very original

lds
August 13th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Super!!! I just cant wait to play this game it looks Great!!

jc_rcw
August 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM
mastermew any screens?please I need to see more:P

Mechanic
August 13th, 2005, 05:06 PM
yo! nice hack *goes to look for the calendar and waiting for you to say where is going to be the first beta* (that was too long uf uf) wish you finish this hack nice screens and good luck.

But this means that you are not continuyng the gs one?

Johto Boy
August 13th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Yes, timetravel is very original. Again another good hack by Mastermew but...

yo! nice hack *goes to look for the calendar and waiting for you to say where is going to be the first beta* (that was too long uf uf) wish you finish this hack nice screens and good luck.

But this means that you are not continuyng the gs one?
Are you going to finish the GS remake? You haven't posted in there for a while and people are counting on you to finish it. If you're not going to continue it you should at least give it to another good hacker to finish the job.

Ash's Apprentice
August 15th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Hey Nice hack you got there It's cool to be able to travel through time keep up the good work

Cartmic
August 15th, 2005, 05:40 AM
nice hack, I hope you stick to the "real" laws of time travel unlike in those cheap American films like timecop.

Smarties-chan
August 15th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Do you mean something like if you catch a pokemon in the past the same pokemon won't appeare in the future anymore?

Datriot
August 15th, 2005, 06:37 AM
you are so brilliant, your my god, this is the greatest hack I have seen, I can't wait to play it!:)

lizzyman92
August 15th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Hey MasterMew, this looks great! I'm more excited about this than ur G/S hack but if u arent going to finish it, release the unfinished product so others can finish it plz. Do u have a website cause it would be good to show off ur screenshots and ideas, etc.

Angle-san
August 15th, 2005, 08:30 PM
wow nice screen's this is going to be a good one

AcCiDeNT
August 15th, 2005, 08:43 PM
A hacker of his skills can work on more than one hack, I don't see why he started a new one, since he's got his hands full with the others, I guess he's taking a break from them, but I'm sure he's not going to just quit on them...

Davey-kun
August 16th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Wow, nice work MM, my previous hack: TIME WARP has this idea of 3 ages, (reminder that TIME WARP is still posponed) i hope you can finish this. nice work.

ssjman
August 16th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Mastermew, you are truley a Goddes, KEEP UP THE INCREDIBLE work!!

MasterMew
August 21st, 2005, 05:45 PM
Can you remind me what are all of your hacks?
Sunshine, sunset, Rob adv, GSADV...what else?
Besides them, these are the hacks that I've posted here:
Pokémon: New Journey - Golden Edition (Gold hack)
Pokémon Bluesky (Crystal hack)
Pokémon Adventure (Gold hack)
Pokémon Gold/Silver Alpha (Red hack)

You can see info and pictures from them here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30762).
And the other hack created byt me that I haven't posted in Pokémon Community are:

Pokémon New Journey: My first Pokéhack. There isn't need to post it here because Pokémon NJ Golden Edition is a enhanced version of it, with better graphics and maps, more places, extended storyline and a lot of improvements.

Pokémon New Journey 2: A enhanced version of NJ, but not so improved as NJGE.

Pokémon Gold/Silver Beta: One of my first hacks. It is a GS hack based in the beta tilesets and maps that are left in the final versions of Gold and Silver. I've suspended this hack, but someday I will continue it.

does this mean that you are not doing your gs one anymore?
No. Don't worry. As I said, if someday I decide to stop permanently the creation of GS/SM (what is very unlikely), I will announce it here. Until then, be sure that I still working on them.

mastermew any screens?please I need to see more :P
I will post a lot of more info and pics very soon

A hacker of his skills can work on more than one hack, I don't see why he started a new one, since he's got his hands full with the others, I guess he's taking a break from them, but I'm sure he's not going to just quit on them...
The reason because I've started so many hacks is that I have a lot of ideas that I want to use. In fact, I have the idea of create a hack with time travels since I've started my first Pokéhack.

Wulava
August 22nd, 2005, 12:28 AM
So, MasterMew... when will you release ALL of your hacks from your very first Pokéhack up to Rob's Adventure? Will it be next year? I hope it'll be on December this year or sooner than that.

Chimou
August 23rd, 2005, 02:15 AM

Yeah, I would say that stuff too, but those screens are quite obviously done in Paint. That or made in RMXP.

They're obviously fake.

dragon 122
August 23rd, 2005, 02:28 AM
Nintendo Games Suc* Your Hacks Rule

trainra
August 23rd, 2005, 02:46 AM
Looks great but the grass is a bit bright in present day and why is past all brown?

Pikachu_King
August 23rd, 2005, 07:14 AM

Yeah, I would say that stuff too, but those screens are quite obviously done in Paint. That or made in RMXP.

They're obviously fake.
theres a 1 in 1,000,000 chance they're fake so don't even say that. they ook nice M keep up the good work, I'd like to play this hack.

Alistair
August 23rd, 2005, 11:18 AM
This hack is one of best hacks out there. Chimou, why would someone waste there entire day making fake screenshots? It would actually take less work to actually change the graphics in the game.

MudkipGirl
August 23rd, 2005, 11:45 AM
Wow ^_^ looks amazing :p cant wait for more screens :p

Chimou
August 23rd, 2005, 01:31 PM
This hack is one of best hacks out there. Chimou, why would someone waste there entire day making fake screenshots? It would actually take less work to actually change the graphics in the game.
Ummm... No it wouldn't. Those screenshots would take mere minutes to make in Paint. Actually hacking it would take weeks. I've seen plenty of "hacks" that turned out to be fake screenshots here.

Also, there is a HUGE possibility they're fake. I've saw those custom Pokémon tilesets for RPG Maker.

Pikachu_King
August 23rd, 2005, 03:20 PM
Ummm... No it wouldn't. Those screenshots would take mere minutes to make in Paint. Actually hacking it would take weeks. I've seen plenty of "hacks" that turned out to be fake screenshots here.

Also, there is a HUGE possibility they're fake. I've saw those custom Pokémon tilesets for RPG Maker.
it could take me 5 minutes to do that with a map, and it would take me 5 hours to fake and actually theres a TINY possibility they're fake because MasterMew is one of the best hackers I've seen on these forums.

still: I can't wait to try it, the hover car is my favorite part of it.

MasterMan
August 23rd, 2005, 05:30 PM
Looks Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alistair
August 23rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
Chimou, if those screenshots were made in mere minutes, they would be absolutely horrible. You could either take all day using Paint or all day editing the graphics in the game, and I think that MasterMew would not waste his time in Paint. Even if you are using PhotoShop or some program like that, it still would take a long time to complete one screenshot.

On-Topic: I can't wait for this hack. *Writes down on MUST DOWNLOAD list* It is so awesome.

lizzyman92
August 23rd, 2005, 07:09 PM
WTF is he? I wanna see him more :(

Chimou
August 23rd, 2005, 11:26 PM
You two obviously no nothing about spriting. At all.

1. If sprites are used off a sheet, a fake screenshot CAN be made within minutes. It's really easy.

2. Photoshop is pretty bad with making sprites. Paint is much better.

3. It would take weeks to make those maps for real. It's more then just opening AdvanceMap and changing the map. You need to hack the tilesets, and edit them too.

Not only do you two not know anything about spriting, but you don't know anything abour ROM hacking either. Don't talk back unless you know what you're talking about. You like like a moron otherwise.

e-MeR
August 24th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Umm..well...I dunno...Chimou is right in these
1. If sprites are used off a sheet, a fake screenshot CAN be made within minutes. It's really easy.

2. Photoshop is pretty bad with making sprites. Paint is much better.(e-MeR advices Chara Maker though :D)

3. It would take weeks to make those maps for real. It's more then just opening AdvanceMap and changing the map. You need to hack the tilesets, and edit them too.

Well the screenshots maybe real too as far as I see almost everyone agrees that he is a great hacker...
And if it's real it will surely be an awasome hack!(I can say the best of ever...)
Just waiting patiently if there will be a download!

Chimou
August 24th, 2005, 01:29 AM
I'm just saying it seems too good to be true.

Dark_E
August 24th, 2005, 01:41 AM
You'll should download the beta of Pokémon Sunshine, you'll see MasterMew is capable of creating background and maps like this.

Keep up the good work MM, but don't push yourself to hard, you'll should finish a complete hack once.

Kenshin
August 30th, 2005, 02:32 PM
OMG. This looks so good, i think i'm gonna faint. The time travel is soooo cool. And the old world is awesome, along with the new world!

Wendigo
August 31st, 2005, 01:31 AM
Chimou has pointed out something that makes sense, but I'm not going to criticize him for anything. There is some questions I'll ask though; here they are:

... ... ... ... ... What version did you hack? How did it take you thusfar?

CORRECTION: How LONG did it take you TO HACK thusfar?

MasterMew
September 13th, 2005, 08:14 AM
This hack will have many new features, and the little ship from the fourth pic is one of these:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/MasterMew/robadv4.gif

It is named "Hover Car" and I will explain how it works. You can get it in the future, but it can be used in any age. It can be used to fly from a mountain or a high place. Here is a picture in which I've used the Hover Car to fly above a city, and with a arrow from the point where I started to fly:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/MasterMew/robadv5.gif

Sometimes you will reach places that are only accesibles with it. But it can be used on the same height, not higher or lower. This is one of the map from the game:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/MasterMew/raimg1.gif
If you start flying from the point "A", you will be able to take the Pokéballs from the "pillars" 1 and 3. And if you start flying from the point "B", you will be flying in a lower level, and you will be able to take de Pokébals from the second and fourth "pillars", and you will be able too reach the entrance to the cave from the third.
Do that pic looks confusing? Then see this altered picture, in which is easier differentiate the height levels of the "pillars":
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/MasterMew/raimg2.gif

If you start flying from a place VERY high, you will be able to fly trhought the sky of the country:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/MasterMew/robadv6.gif
While flying trought the sky, you can find flying Pokémon, planes and even floating cities.

So, MasterMew... when will you release ALL of your hacks from your very first

Pokéhack up to Rob's Adventure? Will it be next year? I hope it'll be on December this year or sooner than that.
I've released already some of my hacks:
New Journey
New Journey 2
G/S Beta (demo)
Sunshine (demo)

The first two hacks of that list are in spanish, but I think that I wil translate it to english soon.
Sunshine isn't available now, but I will release soon a new demo with new cities and places and a lot or improvements. I was going to release some months before, but I decided to work more in Golden Sun/Silver Moon and Rob's Adventure since the peoples are more interested in these hacks.

Maybe I will release demos of GS/SM or Rob's Adventure in some months. MAYBE.

those screens are quite obviously done in Paint. That or
made in RMXP.

They're obviously fake.
You can think that if you want. But can you prove it?

Thanks for you support, Pikachu_King, Geno and Dark_E, but don't discuss more with Chimou. If she thinks that these pictures are fake, good, she can think whatever she wants, and obviously nobody can make her think the contrary (well, unless I release playable version of the hack).

... ... ... ... ... What version did you hack? How did it take you thusfar?

CORRECTION: How LONG did it take you TO HACK thusfar?
I have created many cities and places from the game and edited the tilesets, but I assume that I have edited the 9% since I have a ton of things to change yet.

Smarties-chan
September 13th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Wow this is.... amazing you're one no wait the best hacker in all of pc great job mastermew.

The Dash
September 13th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Chimou...You do know that it is entirely possible to do this? Havent you heard of programs like TLP. The space ship could replace the surfing for one example.

And if this hack dosent get finished ILL DRIVE TO YOUR HOUSE AND SHOOT YOU MM!

DarkPegasus
September 13th, 2005, 11:38 AM
WoW MasterMew the screens look like profy pwnage. But I also think that they are fake because:
a) You are always showing the same side of the ship
b) The ship is at the same position in every screen O.o

But then again I might be wrong.

jc_rcw
September 13th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah its true but it might only be a coincidence.Master mew your a master at hacking I can't even think how you were able to make the ship fly, its Awesome.

AcCiDeNT
September 14th, 2005, 04:40 PM
If these screens are real, you won't be one of the best hackers in PC, you will be the BEST, can't wait until it's done or whatever... I wanna see this o.O

Charon
September 15th, 2005, 09:09 AM
WoW MasterMew the screens look like profy pwnage. But I also think that they are fake because:
a) You are always showing the same side of the ship
b) The ship is at the same position in every screen O.o

But then again I might be wrong.
um....in pokemon games, you're always in the center of the screen. so....

OverTheBelow
September 15th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Hahahaha.

Anyway this hack looks godly, Problem is, I don't know how to use them :dead: :( :surprised

DarkPegasus
September 15th, 2005, 11:21 AM
um....in pokemon games, you're always in the center of the screen. so....

Hm... you have a good point there... Clever thinking! *Man I am so stupid* XD

Locke Yggdrasill
September 15th, 2005, 11:42 AM
(this quote from one of dark_E's tread has been bothering me for some time due to it's grammar, but i feel it is necessary: Dude... this is one of the best hacks I've seen?

XD
How do you make the ability to time travel? due to the fact that I haven't played ANY of your hacks, but I've played one of Dark_E's hacks, I still go with my opinion of him as the best hacker at PC. But, I'll play Pokemon sunshine. what is it a hack of, and where can I get the IPS?

Charon
September 15th, 2005, 11:44 AM
no worries, DP. Everyone makes mistakes!

Sheepnut
September 16th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Charon what do you mean by in the middle... The character is in the middle... But explain to me how this flying thing even works. Seems impossible... If you pull it off youd be a PC legend.

jc_rcw
September 17th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I think it works by doing some intensive hex edition(I don't know how to hack) and it might be de bike event that was changed.

Sheepnut
September 17th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah thats what i assumed...

DarkPegasus
September 17th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Hm or surfing... cuz there are different layers of surfing(for instance dive and surf, waterfall and so on).

jc_rcw
September 18th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Yeah that might be too.Anyways this hack is going to be great.

Charon
September 18th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Someone needs to amke a MasterMew fan club. He is seriously skilled, we need to show our appreciation!

jc_rcw
September 18th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah but he's almost never online.

Locke Yggdrasill
September 18th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah, you brought up a good point. Probably a hex alteration of surfing.
But what about time travel? There's no HM that could be altered for time travel. and no item, either. this will be amazing if he pulls this off.

sycco
September 18th, 2005, 04:49 PM
i dont really care if there is or isnt rime travel it still looks amazing and i cant wait to play but i guess that he could make it like 3 different reigons like hoen and kanto oh well can't wait to play it *starts crying with amprihention*

Locke Yggdrasill
September 18th, 2005, 05:46 PM
-_- Why am I so retarded today?
that is a good point, sycco. One stone could be like an altered badge abiliiy, and the other stone could be an altered HM.

Sheepnut
September 19th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Maybe there could by little warp holes and you go in them and time travel!!! Ok that was lame...

shadowmastermarcus
September 19th, 2005, 03:04 AM
my guess is that he put all 3 regions in the game, and then made them all have the same layout and stuff

AquaLeaderMatt
September 19th, 2005, 11:22 AM
he, does anyone know where any finnished hacks are? because when i hear about all these amazing new hacks coming out they take ages to come out i was just wondering if there was any finnished hacks out there..... thanks

Dogboy2709
September 28th, 2005, 03:27 PM
nobody forget about this did they? i can't wait for this to come out. i wonder what hapend to MasterMew he hasn't been oline since sept. 18 2005 at least i think. anyhow while he's offline he is problary working on the hacks. of course he does have a life. and to hitme2k5 look in the finish product/demo achive

Tanka EX
October 29th, 2005, 04:18 PM
This looks absolutely BRILLIANT MasterMew! I wish I could help on this but all i'm good at is overworld and scratch spriting and you probably don't need any help as you're doing such a good job.

I wish I had a real Hover Car...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Chaos_Destruction/car.png

Sanctuary
December 28th, 2005, 04:32 AM
This looks so cool... I would love to ride around in a lil spaceship!! I urge MasterMew to keep going with this...

smithy.boy
December 28th, 2005, 05:06 AM
your tilesets and ideas are realy sweet!
keep up the good work.

amnesiahacker
December 28th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Nice to see someone using all resources available to hack rather than just map changes and sprite "edits". I cannot wait until the release of this amazing hack. If you need any help or technical information PM me.

Mag_Farmer
December 28th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Actually, the hover craft would be really easy to do. All that you'd have to do is edit the 'surf' option so you could 'surf' on everything. Now, the layering would be fairly complicated unless you made it so that you couldn't go over buildings, otherwise you would hover through building on the ground. ^-^ It's very possible and very clever (I haven't seen that idea yet, heh) and the time travel idea is very cool. I think I'll enjoy this once it comes out.

amnesiahacker
December 28th, 2005, 11:57 AM
That is pretty obvious as the surf tiles are 4x3 and normal walking sprites are 2x3. Time travel is a great idea!

DarkFear
December 28th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Yes. Very nice spaceship. Keep up the good work!

kamikazee
January 3rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Is mastermew still working on this hack? I was really looking forward to playing it.

smithy.boy
January 4th, 2006, 03:07 AM
it really good, i personaly think hes edited the bikes? (you know when you can go on them and ride across those rails in safari park) hes probably used the same idea.

amnesiahacker
January 4th, 2006, 08:34 AM
He could have edited the bikes but then you could use the car anywhere... whats the point?

DarkGreg
January 4th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Cool hack and cool screenies

Silon
January 5th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Omgomgomg! You're my hero! <3<3 Remind me never to die in the future. *hovers around PC*

DarkGreg
January 6th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I like the time travel idea great work

Saq
January 6th, 2006, 05:38 PM
oooooh, please please please tell me you have a hack released? I really want to play this one alot, even if the hack has barely nothing to do in it. I want to give it a go :).. Goodluck with your hack ;)

Hiidoran
January 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Awww.....I came up with an idea EXACTLY LIKE THAT! Oh well, you got to it first MasterMew you have my full support, i guess i'll come up with something else...
ON A DIFFERENT NOTE: oh and don't you guys think it's suspicious that everytime questions start to arise that Mastermew disappears from his hacks and does not return???

lugiale
January 9th, 2006, 01:31 PM
wooooow, enchants your hackrom to me, because beams almost impossible things.Good luck.

abed
January 13th, 2006, 05:37 AM
very cooooooooooooool hack i love it

Kaeru_ike
January 13th, 2006, 05:42 AM
This is fantastic! Looks freaking awesome! Must download it when its finished!

manson_30
January 13th, 2006, 06:27 AM
*trys to go to the future with teh stone thingys * *dammit not working :@ *
gurrr gues ill have to waight *subscribes to it and wights not blinking refresing every 20 seconds*

abed
January 19th, 2006, 03:45 PM
do u have an idea when the game will be finished

adam93
January 21st, 2006, 03:15 AM
how i get it???????????????????????????? dont under stand how i get it^^

Dark Spectrum
January 22nd, 2006, 07:01 AM
Hack looks awsome!!!!!! I must play it when it is finished.

kamikazee
January 22nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
i don't think mastermew is coming back anytime soon...

Dark Spectrum
January 23rd, 2006, 05:12 AM
Yeah... this is what always happens, the questions start coming, etc. and he disappears like this. It gets so annoying!