PDA

View Full Version : Dual type pokemons

Ninetales9
August 13th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Since it was confirmed that a lot of new type combos were going to be made on D&P, what are some new type combos we don't have would you think would be cool?

I think that making an electric/fighting would be really cool, with really high speed it would defenetly make a cool pokemon, post your ideas and discuss them ^_^.

Bliksem
August 13th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Dark/Psychic (I really thought Mewtwo would've been an excellent choice for it back when Dark was introduced)

Dark/Normal (4x Fighting, but Immune against Ghost and Psychic. Oh well)

Ghost/Normal (Only weak against Dark; I created a Pokemon with this type called Anomeleon. It had the Wonder Guard XD.. and a base Special Defense of 110... and a base HP of 130)

Pure Flying (Because that's what we all want)

Grass/Fire (Just to say we did. Unusual resistances, too. Weak only to Rock, I believe)

Steel/Fighting (Rukario, anyone?)

Flying/Fighting (I'd hate to be this type... weak against anything elemental... except grass and dark... but when's that ever been different?)

Steel/Fire (Uber weak against Ground, but hey, give it Levitate)

kohei
August 14th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Grass/Fire (Just to say we did. Unusual resistances, too. Weak only to Rock, I believe)Hey, I like the fire/grass type idea too! Time for a chili pepper Pokemon!

Maybe a Psychic/Flying? Eliminates the weakness to Bug, but gives a bunch more weaknesses, but hey, it's a unique type.

Shining Lericon
August 14th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Maybe a Psychic/Flying? Eliminates the weakness to Bug, but gives a bunch more weaknesses, but hey, it's a unique type.

There are already Psychic/Flying types. Natu/Xatu and Lugia, anyone?

But I hope there is a Water/Fire type that could use a "Hot Water" type of move, but those hopes are probably too much to hope for.

kohei
August 14th, 2005, 05:54 AM
There are already Psychic/Flying types. Natu/Xatu and Lugia, anyone?Oh shoot, I compleatly forgot about them. I always keep thinking Lugia is Psychic/Dragon, and I forgot the existence of Natu/Xatu -_-|||

Bliksem
August 14th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Maybe it's because Latios and Latias look too much like it! XD

kohei
August 14th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Maybe it's because Latios and Latias look too much like it! XDThats probablly it. Plus, I never used Lugia in any of the games... I only caught it for the sake of compleating my Dex.

Charizard_Fire_God
August 15th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Tch. Definetly Dragon/Fire. An' the ability Levitate. ^^ Tch, that'd cancel out that ice weakness that renders t'day's Dragons all so helpless to it... -_-

Timbjerr
August 15th, 2005, 06:02 PM
A Dark/Poison with Levitate...no weknesses at all!

I made a rough sketch of one, but it looks like the hideous lovechild of Gastly, Koffing, Chansey, and a Boo

kohei
August 15th, 2005, 11:04 PM
I think Bug types need more diversity rather than the over done Bug/Flying, so:

Bug/Dark: Cockaroach Pokemon?

Bug/Fire: Firefly?

Bug/Psychic: Some sort of cricket?

Alistair
August 16th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Maybe a Ground/Water Pokmon or a Steel/Ghost type

Bliksem
August 16th, 2005, 01:54 PM
There are tons of ground/water type Pokemon. The R/S/E Starter, Swampert, is one of them.

Fury of Ninetales
August 16th, 2005, 03:44 PM
i want a:
bug/fire starter. it would be an ant-like pokemon.
normal/ghost, maybe a tiger or something
ground/fire or steel/fire, maybe something like a mine or dynamite.

halfling2
August 16th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I made a:
Dragon/Fighting
Dark/Fighting
Ice/Fighting
Grass/Steel
Grass/Ghost
what else? I even made new types: Shadow (like in Colesseum, however you spell that) and Pure (light or pure energy, I made one that posesses other Pokemon). None have any weaknesses or strengths, but both are strong against eachother.

wishirulz
August 16th, 2005, 04:30 PM
ok
#grass/fire (perfect resistes water and fire!)
#only flying (what kind of pokemon would fly 24/7)?
#metal/dark (resistes fight and psy!)
#ground/dark (a mole!)
#metal/ice (realy didnt think before i talked this time)

kohei
August 17th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Metal/Water for a Mercury Pokemon? Maybe Poison/Water will make more sense, since it's such a pollutant.

Bliksem
August 17th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Metal/Water for a Mercury Pokemon? Maybe Poison/Water will make more sense, since it's such a pollutant.
Tentacool and Tentacruel are both Poison/Water types.

By the Pokedex entry, Rayquaza never lands. It's only on the Sky Pillar so that you can catch it.

wishirulz
August 17th, 2005, 10:59 AM
forgot hes a dragon and plus i this mercury pokemon would be more fire/metal than water/metal?

Bliksem
August 17th, 2005, 11:04 AM
No, Water/Metal would be closer to the actual metal because of its liquid-state. However, you guys have to remember that Pokemon are based of animals, so while you'd have a Mercury Pokemon, it doesn't really have a base animal. I'd see it as a Sea-Slug type of thing.

aqonix
August 17th, 2005, 01:33 PM
um voltorb, Magnemite, those arn't animals

I'd like to see Fire/Ice, Fire/Water.

I'd like to really see Water Steel if they could pull it off. like a steel fish :paranoid:

kohei
August 17th, 2005, 11:09 PM
No, Water/Metal would be closer to the actual metal because of its liquid-state. However, you guys have to remember that Pokemon are based of animals, so while you'd have a Mercury Pokemon, it doesn't really have a base animal. I'd see it as a Sea-Slug type of thing.But Muk is based on sewage... and the Regi's are just based on the materials they are made from.
Still, a sea slug will be nice :)

wishirulz
August 18th, 2005, 10:54 AM
No, Water/Metal would be closer to the actual metal because of its liquid-state. However, you guys have to remember that Pokemon are based of animals, so while you'd have a Mercury Pokemon, it doesn't really have a base animal. I'd see it as a Sea-Slug type of thing.
theres already a slug and it makes no sence already plus so many pokemon arent based on animals.

SRV
August 18th, 2005, 11:18 AM
A Dark/Poison with Levitate...no weknesses at all!

Hmm fighting? Although poison might cancel it out.. But still a pokemon has to have weaknesses.

Bliksem
August 18th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Sableye doesn't have any weaknesses.

kohei
August 19th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Sableye doesn't have any weaknesses.But to make up for it, it's base stats are low.

Murpheos
August 19th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Well, I have created so many fictional Pokemon in my day, so here's a few and their types:

Kinfernant: Bug/Fire (Fire ant) (There is also Quinfernant, but it is a Bug/Grass, akin to Parasect)
Zenix: Fire/Psychic with Levitate (Fire Phoenix)
Oniveleon: Dark/Dragon (Evil Dragon, rival and enemy of Zenix)
Artillerchu: Fire/Steel (Evolved from of Bombchu, one of the starters in my fanfic)
Glacanine: Ice/Fighting (Evolved form of Polarpy, an ice dog in my fanfic)

Dark Penguin
August 19th, 2005, 07:15 PM
how about some more fire/flying types, and best of all, what about a fire/dragon? it only makes sense, since dragons are always portrayed with fire and all that.

Volta.
August 20th, 2005, 09:42 AM
How 'bout Steel/Dragon, or Ice/Dragon? Since ice is good against dragon, and dragon is only weak agains dragon and ice, I really can't think of any weaknesses for Ice/Dragon, eh?

And All the Grass/Flying are either ugly (Hoppip comes to mind) or slow (here comes Tropius) Maybe something fast...

Not to mention Ground/Flying would be an interesting mix. Look at Gligar!

halfling2
August 20th, 2005, 10:07 AM
ok
#grass/fire (perfect resistes water and fire!)
#metal/dark (resistes fight and psy!)
#ground/dark (a mole!)
#metal/ice (realy didnt think before i talked this time)
Yeah, I'm gonna make an only flying. And dark-steel wouldn't resist fighting, it would be pathetic towards fighting coz dark and steel are weak against it. And Diglett is a mole.

Naito
August 20th, 2005, 10:14 AM
In my opinion, alot of types need more diversity, but heres only 3 types.

Bug type combos

Bug/Steel
Bug/Electric
Bug/Water
Bug/Fire
Bug/Dragon

Grass type combos

Grass/Electric
Grass/Ice
Grass/Ground
Grass/Dark
Grass/Dragon

Dragon type combos

Dragon/Bug
Dragon/Dark
Dragon/Grass
Dragon/Electric
Dragon/Steel
Dragon/Ice

halfling2
August 20th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Dark/Psychic (I really thought Mewtwo would've been an excellent choice for it back when Dark was introduced)

Flying/Fighting (I'd hate to be this type... weak against anything elemental... except grass and dark... but when's that ever been different?)

Steel/Fire (Uber weak against Ground, but hey, give it Levitate)
Look no further than my sig for the Steel/Fire. I'm going to make the other two also. I do beleive I already made a Dark/Psychic.....

Bliksem
August 20th, 2005, 10:50 AM
How 'bout Steel/Dragon, or Ice/Dragon? Since ice is good against dragon, and dragon is only weak agains dragon and ice, I really can't think of any weaknesses for Ice/Dragon, eh?

And All the Grass/Flying are either ugly (Hoppip comes to mind) or slow (here comes Tropius) Maybe something fast...

Not to mention Ground/Flying would be an interesting mix. Look at Gligar!
Weakness: Dragon, Rock, Fighting, Steel
Resists: Grass, Water, Electric

MasterMan
August 20th, 2005, 11:19 AM
which pokemon? srry i didint read.....

Innocence
August 20th, 2005, 07:58 PM
I reckon a Poison/Steel element would be cool, With Toxic, Metal Claw, Iron defence, And Umm...Another poison attack.(Not too familiar with poison)
Also if they make three type pokemon, Dark/Psychic/Ghost. PWNs all!

Volta.
August 20th, 2005, 09:25 PM
As halfling2 has stated, he has once made up his own types...

So I was thinking of a Diamond Type..? Say the souped up steel type?, Like I was thinking Skarmoy [(Steel/Flying) an awesome combination btw] could evolve into something Diamond/Flying.

Diamond has similar strengths/weaknesses to steel but Diamond is good against steel.

.::Tsunami::.
August 20th, 2005, 09:28 PM
what about some ghost and bug?

kohei
August 20th, 2005, 11:41 PM
what about some ghost and bug?Shedinja is a Ghost/Bug if I'm not mistaken.
But we can still use more of this dual-type though. Like a dead, flattened cockaroch Pokemon which is Ghost/Bug.

Volta.
August 21st, 2005, 05:19 PM
...Like a dead, flattened cockaroch Pokemon which is Ghost/Bug.

lol, that's ... an interesting idea...
btw, would it be Bug/Ghost, or Ghost/Bug? I found out it actually makes a difference :shocked:

AbareMax
August 21st, 2005, 06:54 PM
It's already been confirmed that there is no new types. @_@

AbareMax

kohei
August 21st, 2005, 11:21 PM
It's already been confirmed that there is no new types. @_@

AbareMaxTrue, true, but we are discussing about new dual types here, not about compleatly new types.

RoMeRz
August 23rd, 2005, 08:16 AM
I would like to see something along the lines of pure elemental. Like grass/fire/ice/water/electric kinda of idea - all in the one.

SRV
August 23rd, 2005, 09:16 AM
I really can't think of any weaknesses for Ice/Dragon, eh?

Well, it would still be weak against Dragon. Ice probably wouldn't cancel out the Dragon weakness. I'm only saying this because Kingdra, is Water/Dragon, and is weak against Dragon. Too many Dragons in this paragraph.:P

August 23rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
there would'nt be a weakness woudln't there?

Bliksem
August 23rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Weakness: Dragon, Rock, Fighting, Steel
Resists: Grass, Water, Electric
*sighs* Ice/Dragon has the weaknesses and resistances that I listed. Ice resists NOTHING physical and neither does Dragon. Ice does THREE things to aid Dragon: Remove the weakness to Ice (and Water does a better job at that), help it pwn all other dragons, and all manner of random Hidden Powers.

Thomas
August 23rd, 2005, 04:55 PM
The ones I want the most:

Dark/Psychic
Dark/Electric
Rock/Electric
Ice/Fire
Dark/Ice
Dragon/Dark
Dragon/Ground
Ground/Fire

Stuff that isn't ususally put together...

wishirulz
August 23rd, 2005, 05:40 PM
Well, I have created so many fictional Pokemon in my day, so here's a few and their types:

Kinfernant: Bug/Fire (Fire ant) (There is also Quinfernant, but it is a Bug/Grass, akin to Parasect)
Zenix: Fire/Psychic with Levitate (Fire Phoenix)
Oniveleon: Dark/Dragon (Evil Dragon, rival and enemy of Zenix)
Artillerchu: Fire/Steel (Evolved from of Bombchu, one of the starters in my fanfic)
Glacanine: Ice/Fighting (Evolved form of Polarpy, an ice dog in my fanfic)

WOW ok way to imaginitive, whats the animal or thing based on these things? but kinfernant look normal i guess

EDIT: how about a steel/ghost a knight ghost!! or bug/dark like a cockroach!

Jarman
August 25th, 2005, 03:05 PM

Dark/Psychic
Dark/Electric
Rock/Electric
Ice/Fire
Dark/Ice
Dragon/Dark
Dragon/Ground
Ground/Fire

Dragon/Ground has been done (Vibrava and Flygon), and Dark/Ice (Sneasel and Manyula).

Faint09
August 25th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Wow. It's surprising how many people said a dual type that had already been done...

I'm actually hoping for a Ice/Fire. Some kind of elemental creature. >>; Maybe more Rock dual types. That goes for Fighting, too.

kohei
August 25th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Ice/Ghost or Water/Ghost hasn't been done yet, right?

Jarman
August 26th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Ice/Ghost or Water/Ghost hasn't been done yet, right?

No, they have not been done yet.

wishirulz
August 26th, 2005, 11:24 AM
water/ghost and ice/ghost are realy unlikly!

kohei
August 26th, 2005, 11:02 PM
water/ghost and ice/ghost are realy unlikly!Oh really? There is always the Japanese mythological creature known as the "Yuki-onna" (Snow Woman) who is a ghost of a deceased woman who lives on top of cold mountains. GameFreak could work this idea into a new humanoid Pokemon.

And as for water/ghost, there are always pirates! :D (Again, humanoid).

Volta.
August 26th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Dragon/Ground has been done (Vibrava and Flygon) another cool idea for a ground/dragon would be like a giant rock-like snake thing with most of its body underground (think diglett, folks) and has vines and stuff. It could have moves like vine whip and twister and sandstorm and earthquake

August 26th, 2005, 11:33 PM
what about ice and psychic?

kohei
August 26th, 2005, 11:47 PM
what about ice and psychic?I think Jynx was Ice/Psychic.

wishirulz
August 27th, 2005, 07:46 AM
ya ice/psy is jynx and smoochum, ok a pirate seems stupid but what about a snowbeast dark/ice or a cockroach dark/bug!!!!

Volta.
August 27th, 2005, 09:24 AM

Dark/Psychic
Dark/Electric
Rock/Electric
Ice/Fire
Dark/Ice
Dragon/Dark
Dragon/Ground
Ground/Fire

Dark/Ice: Sneasel
Ground/Fire: Numel>Camerupt

Fox♠
August 27th, 2005, 09:42 AM
they'll be something like dragon/water(gyrados) and dragon/fire
IMO that is

wishirulz
August 27th, 2005, 02:09 PM
kingdras water/dragon and fire/dragons should of bein charizard

SRV
August 27th, 2005, 04:42 PM
they'll be something like dragon/water(gyrados) and dragon/fire
IMO that is

Gyarados was Water/Flying, not Dragon/Water. It might look like a Dragon type, but it isn't. And yes Charizard would've been a good example for a Dragon/Fire, which would get rid of one of Dragon's weaknesses, ice. :)

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
August 27th, 2005, 07:26 PM
-Dragon/Rock would probably increase Ice damage.
-Rock/Electric would be impossible (like a Geodude with Thunder. It can't conduct electricity).
-Ice/Fire would probably either freeze or melt itself.
-Rock/Dragon? Give Onix a baby form that's a little less rocky. Let it evolve on friendship and have some of it's moves Dragon-type.
-I can see an Ice/Ghost. I'm thinking...something like a frozen Haunter.
-Dark/Dragon is like having a normal black dragon, giving it long fangs and claws, and having Bit, Crunch, and Faint Attack in it's moveset. That would be awsome.

Smarties-chan
August 28th, 2005, 07:29 AM
-Dragon/Rock would probably increase Ice damage.
What do you mean by that? I hope you know that rock isn't weak against ice. Ontopic
A bug/dragon
electric/dragon
grass/dragon
pure flying
Steel/fire
Psychic/Ghost
Ice/ghost
Rock/flying
and last but not least a psychic/fighting pokemon.

SRV
August 28th, 2005, 09:20 AM
I believe Meditite and Medicham are Psychic/Fighting..

wishirulz
August 28th, 2005, 12:29 PM
ya your right but how can flying be rock ya real smart a 5000 tons rock monster fly!

Kitsune_girl
August 28th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I would want to see a Water/fire type. Mabey it would be a sea dragon or a fire bellyed newt.

Ransit
August 28th, 2005, 01:33 PM
poison/ground, that would be interesting:)

wishirulz
August 28th, 2005, 01:54 PM
omg nidoking and nidoqueen are poison/ground!!!

Volta.
August 28th, 2005, 04:37 PM
-Rock/Electric would be impossible

electric/rock isn't impossible. I've seen opposing combinations like Grass/Water (Lotad), Flying/Ground (Gligar), Grass/Flying (Tropius. I don't want to mention Hoppip 'cause they're butt-ugly). So yeah, pretty much any type combo is possible

kohei
August 28th, 2005, 11:18 PM
-Rock/Electric would be impossible (like a Geodude with Thunder. It can't conduct electricity).Maybe an evolved form of Nosepass? It does learn one elctric move, so there is a tiny chance.

Bliksem
August 29th, 2005, 04:41 AM
-Rock/Electric would be impossible (like a Geodude with Thunder. It can't conduct electricity).
EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it. But yes, Nosepass can learn pure electric attacks. So can Rhydon and Nidoking (both being ground, and the former being of the same typing as Geodude). Heck, Tyranitar learns the same moves as Rhydon, and look at Aggron.

Rock/flying
Aerodactyl, baby!

Smarties-chan
August 29th, 2005, 05:22 AM
I believe Meditite and Medicham are Psychic/Fighting..
Yeah you're right forgot about those two :D but, it's my dream to one day see a bug/dragon type pokemon. Oh yeah aerodactly two ^^ ehee I didn't think much before I wrote ^^
But a Fire/Ghost would be nice.

Bliksem
August 29th, 2005, 07:27 AM
There will *probably* not be a lot of dual-element ghosts. To be a ghost is to be dead, and I don't think the Pokemon World needs more types of dead Pokemon.

Volta.
August 29th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Hey, Shedinja pwns all other ghosts in terms of coolness. Hands down.

SRV
August 30th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I always thought of Gengar to be the best Ghost type. Too bad it's part Poison...

Volta.
August 30th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Too bad it's part Poison...

That's just weird. I always thought it was pure ghost.

Ice demon
August 30th, 2005, 07:14 PM
i know its been mentioned already but...
Ice/dragon.
That would be hott.
I got stats already for it [boredom]
hp-90
Att-70
Def-70
Sp-120
SpAtt-110
SpDef-90

Lol...yea it puts it a bit above arcanine's highest none legendary stat total, but it can still work.
Ice/dragon with levitate has :
weaknesses - rock,fightning,steel,dragon
resistances - 4x water,4x grass,electric
immunities - ground
...i presume it would take neutral from ice and fire.Thats pretty hot.Couple it with nice Sp and SpAtt, and it will dominate.
Ice needs a day in the sun.

SRV
August 30th, 2005, 07:47 PM
weaknesses - rock,fightning,steel,dragon

Ice/Dragon would be very cool, but how is it weak against Rock, Fighting and Steel..?

kohei
August 30th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Ice/Dragon would be very cool, but how is it weak against Rock, Fighting and Steel..?Isn't Ice weak to Rock, Fighting and Steel?

SRV
August 30th, 2005, 08:08 PM
If it is I didn't know. All I knew was it was weak to Fire.

Ice demon
August 30th, 2005, 08:47 PM
ice is weak to rock,fighting and steel.
As stupid as those weaknesses are..

Ok evidently arcanine doesn't have the highest base stat total of all the non-legendaries...But excluding the 5 base 600's it has the highest...LOL.

wishirulz
September 1st, 2005, 02:34 PM
arcanine does have realy hight but dont forget dragonite and salamence, baby!

Jarman
September 2nd, 2005, 01:02 PM
ice is weak to rock,fighting and steel.
As stupid as those weaknesses are..

Ok evidently arcanine doesn't have the highest base stat total of all the non-legendaries...But excluding the 5 base 600's it has the highest...LOL.

Ice is also weak to Fire. But the Dragon in it would cancel out the weakness, and I believe it also cancels out the Fighting weakness.

Smarties-chan
September 3rd, 2005, 02:19 AM
Dragons don't resist fighting.

wishirulz
September 3rd, 2005, 03:10 PM
flying do not dragon and 50% of dragon are flying so think ok (jarman).

Ice demon
September 3rd, 2005, 04:49 PM
arcanine does have realy hight but dont forget dragonite and salamence, baby

yea and u also forgot metagross and tyranitar....
OK but he has a total base stat of 555 which is the second highest too the base 600's [excluding legendaries] - Ttar,draggy,sala,meta

i thought it out pretty well....dragon/ice would have the above mentioned weaknesses.If nintendo/game freak decides too be moronic and include ice and fire weaknesses, then thats something that i can't do anything abt.

wishirulz
September 4th, 2005, 03:47 PM
wait lets try dark/bug now the hight points and the low point

Ice demon
September 4th, 2005, 05:46 PM
lol.
Ok well we gotta break it up first -
dark weaknesses - bug,fighting
dark resistances - psychic[immune] and ghost

bug weaknesses - rock,fire,flying
bug resistances - grass,fighting and ground

combining the 2
bug/dark weaknesses - rock,fire,flying
bug/dark resistances - psychic[immune],ghost,ground and grass

Now fighting is up in the air, as dark is weAk and bug resists...
My personal opinion is that it WILL be weak to fighting

It has some very nice resistances, especially ground.

Christian001
September 4th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I agree totally and completely lol

wishirulz
September 5th, 2005, 08:58 AM
please this will help please note the weiknesses and resistances of all the types cause i fallow the card types etc... maybe we could make a perfect type

kohei
September 6th, 2005, 03:23 AM
maybe we could make a perfect typeI think it has been done. Sableye has no weaknesses at all.
Altough it's base stats are low.

Volta.
September 6th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I know. Sableye is okay. but like it was mentioned countless times be4, it has sucky stats. Although its immunity to psychic and normal has saved me many a time in Battle Tower.

kohei
September 11th, 2005, 02:49 AM
OK, I have a idea. Since Flying has been dual-typed so much, why not just create a Flying dual type with all other existing types?

From my little knowledge, the only Flying dual-type not existing yet is Fighting/Flying, Ghost/Flying and Poison/Flying... right?

Ice demon
September 11th, 2005, 06:03 PM
lol..This is soo stupid..Whatever its fun.

ghost/flying
hmm immune to ground,fighting and normal, weak too rock,ice,electric,ghost,dark....resists - grass,bug.

Meh these weaknesses suck,i mean ice and electric weaknesses are pretty bad..Gengar does the same thing except with a weak to psychic[but a without a rock,ice and electric weakness].And i'm sure that this poke will be no gengar.Considering that it will automatically loses focus punch,STABed sludge bomb,elemental punches and most likely thunderbolt.

wishirulz
September 11th, 2005, 06:13 PM
actualy pison/flying is the zubat family XD

kohei
September 12th, 2005, 02:38 AM
actualy pison/flying is the zubat family XDOh yeah! So now, I only need to cover... what? Ghost/Flying, Fighting/Flying?

Like Ice demon said, yeah, no Ghost/Flying is Gengar... but it could just simply mean Gengar is too overpowered at the current state. Plus, it's hard to imagine what a Ghost/Flying will look like.

As for Fighting/Flying, it's like... meh, but it could work. At least it's not hard to imagine what it'll look like.

Volta.
September 13th, 2005, 08:54 PM
What Ghost/Flying could look like: This big raven-like thing with huge flowing wing and tail feathers

What Fighting/Flying could look like (well it sort of flies): This fighting dude with strong legs so he could jump really, really high?

----:pokeball:R----

How 'bout this dragon-like thing with wings and no legs but it has huge punching arms and a long tail. It could use all the punch moves like Megapunch, Machpunch, Dynamic Punch, Focus Punch... And some elemental punches i.e. ThunderPunch, ShadowPunch, etc.

But these are just suggestions...
(and darn good ones at that!)

coff
September 16th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I wanna see Steel/Dragon.

Ignores: Poison
Not very effective: Normal, Water, Elec, Grass, Fly, Psy, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dark, Steel
No change: Fire, Ice, Dragon
It's super effective: Fight, Ground

They need more Elec combos. As it is there are only 3 combos: Water, Steel, Flying
I expect to see alot of Electric combos and atleast 1 or 2 new Ghosts.

I'd also like a Dark/Psychic. Just Dont fight any bugs.

Water/Steel would be a good one too. Base it on a hammer head (yes I stole the idea from the fakes on serebii.net)

GARGLE!
September 16th, 2005, 02:23 PM
If nintendo/game freak decides too be moronic and include ice and fire weaknesses,

Now fighting is up in the air, as dark is weAk and bug resists...
My personal opinion is that it WILL be weak to fighting

RRRRGGGGGHHHH!!! :15: Did the glitchy weak/resist messages in Red/Blue/Yellow confuse people THAT much?? (speaking of those: No, Nidoking is NOT resistant to Grass, and he never was.)

If one of a Pokmon's types resists something and the other type is weak to it, they ALWAYS cancel each other out and result in that Pokmon taking NORMAL DAMAGE from that type.

Volta.
September 16th, 2005, 07:46 PM
If one of a Pokmon's types resists something and the other type is weak to it, they ALWAYS cancel each other out and result in that Pokmon taking NORMAL DAMAGE from that type.

ummmmm, is that bad?

GARGLE!
September 16th, 2005, 07:59 PM

ummmmm, is that bad?

No... I was saying it because apparently some people didn't seem to understand that that was how it worked. (someone wondering whether a Bug/Dark type would be weak to Fighting or not...)

KneeFay
September 18th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Steel/Ice Type would be nice, it would have like the best defence ever, but ofcourse, to downplay it, it would have to have sucky attack, but nice moves anyway!

Ice demon
September 19th, 2005, 03:01 PM
No... I was saying it because apparently some people didn't seem to understand that that was how it worked. (someone wondering whether a Bug/Dark type would be weak to Fighting or not...)

That was me.
and its a valid question because it doesn't always work that way..
Example is that articuno is weak too ice but pure ice types are resistant too ice.If it worked that way, articuno would take neutral from ice

lol
steel/ice
that would have a 4x fire and 4x fighting weakness.Granted its not the worst in the world but 2 4x weakness suck too much to ignore.

Hence dragon/ice!

Volta.
September 20th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Was Dragon/Steel already mentioned?

kohei
September 21st, 2005, 03:02 AM
I have a feeling that Kacleon will evolve to a Normal/Dragon type for some reason...
It's probablly the tiny wing-like things on its back.

bootylicious
October 4th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I have a feeling that Kacleon will evolve to a Normal/Dragon type for some reason...
It's probablly the tiny wing-like things on its back.
And why would that be? I don't think he'll evolve at all, anyways, a would love to see a fire/psychic, I always thought that they should've given that combination to ninetales, it fits its description doesn't it?

Shiny Meganium
October 4th, 2005, 09:51 AM
I don't know how it would work, but a Fire/Grass type would be good. It would probably have very high sp.atk and sp.def

kohei
October 5th, 2005, 05:34 AM
And why would that be? I don't think he'll evolve at all, anyways, a would love to see a fire/psychic, I always thought that they should've given that combination to ninetales, it fits its description doesn't it?>>It's probablly the tiny wing-like things on its back.
If you use Kacleon, you can see tiny wing like things sticking out of it's back.

Smarties-chan
October 5th, 2005, 05:58 AM
That was me.
and its a valid question because it doesn't always work that way..
Example is that articuno is weak too ice but pure ice types are resistant too ice.If it worked that way, articuno would take neutral from ice

Well my source says articuno isn't weak against ice. Wich version are we talking about? Because in red and blue the weakness system thingy worked exactly like that.
Well anyway back on topic, I was just thinking it would be great to see a Ice/Fighting type pokemon.

Ice demon
October 6th, 2005, 06:59 PM
yea the system did change.I was thinking back to rby days..
Was too lazy to change it tho.

ice/fightning.

sounds cool...But that would for sure have high Att stat, totally making its ice typing useless.We'll see.I just really really really want a useful ice type.Closest we've come was regice which is way to ugly.

Pete
October 6th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Dark/Dragon with Levitate-gets whupped by any steel type. But its cool.
Steel/Ice-Fire will murder this.
Ghost/Steel-Really cool.