PDA

View Full Version : Gym Class

Dizzy
September 14th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Do you like Gym class?

I like Gym class , i have swimming soccer and Other ....

I like My gym class because its Co-ed and because its easy with swimming and soccer units

latiosspud
September 14th, 2003, 05:37 PM
It's okay I guess although it isn't co-ed.

Timbjerr
September 14th, 2003, 05:50 PM
*realizes he doesn't have a gym class currently*

heheh...yeah -.-"

maybe that's why I'm getting a little fat...

Latios Master
September 14th, 2003, 05:51 PM
I don't have gym anymore.

Q Man
September 14th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Nah, I don't like gym at all... I only had a short single-gender swimming unit in my Freshman year (thankfully the rest of Gym class is co-ed) But this year, I opted not to take the class, and instead take it my Senior year (We're only need to take 3 Gym classes in my highschool)
The thing I hate most about Gym is the physical skills testing, which includes all the things I never do... ^_^ Such as running, pull-ups, push-ups, etc. :p

22sa
September 14th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Nah, I don't like gym at all... I only had a short single-gender swimming unit in my Freshman year (thankfully the rest of Gym class is co-ed) But this year, I opted not to take the class, and instead take it my Senior year (We're only need to take 3 Gym classes in my highschool)
The thing I hate most about Gym is the physical skills testing, which includes all the things I never do... ^_^ Such as running, pull-ups, push-ups, etc. :p
Lol I can never get a good mark in PE.

I don't take it anymore, though, since it's not mandatory in Grade 11 & 12.:P

Hazuki-san
September 14th, 2003, 07:20 PM
No, I hate PE so much. Whats the point in running and excercising before sports? We'll just get even more tired

Haruka
September 14th, 2003, 07:42 PM
I don't like PE at all.. It's not useful for the freature anyways... :P.. I rather go to a class besides gym.

22sa
September 14th, 2003, 07:56 PM
PE is actually very healthy and helps your blood circulate making your overall school performance better by as much as 8%.

I don't like it because I suck at it, and some other problems. >.<;;;;;

MoonLight
September 14th, 2003, 11:08 PM
well i stopped taking gym from gr4 and up cuz of my eyes *double Vision*

Frostweaver
September 14th, 2003, 11:27 PM
I don't like PE at all.. It's not useful for the freature anyways... :P.. I rather go to a class besides gym.

my thought exactly...

only one more year of PE! Then i can boot it out of my schedule

*mumbles about stupid law that you must take PE until you're 15 years old*

Miyu-chan
September 15th, 2003, 04:40 AM
I suck at every kind of sports... ;_; And I also hate sweating. x_X;

Dizzy
September 15th, 2003, 10:36 AM
You have to make at least 2 units of Gym at my school , and since one semester of gym counts as one unit you dont have to take it in your Junior/Senior Classes. But Co-Ed makes it so much Funner ~

Tsukushi-chan
September 15th, 2003, 03:24 PM
At my school you have a choice between PE and Health (or both). It's not manditory though where I'm at though. Thank goodness.

I was never good at sports and atheltic stuff. >_< I always ended up making a fool of myself anyways. I remember teh kids always got so mad at me for 'making them loose', which I look back at now and find it very humorous. Y'know? They haven't changed. XD

I'm not a very big sports fan myself, and I hate sweating with a passion. I still wish they made people play more civil games than Dodgeball though.

Kyosuke
September 15th, 2003, 03:28 PM
I love gym, since we play so much sports and whatnot. Unfortunatly, we have to take swimming and my swimming skills are lacking so much, if anyone saw me, they would think I can't swim at all.

Cherrim
September 15th, 2003, 04:23 PM
@_@ In Canada, you have to take gym up until grade 9. I'm not taking it this year because of my advanced art classes... instead of getting two electives each year, I only get, what is it, one maybe? I take art once every semester instead of once a year. XP That means that I have to take grade 9 gym in grade 10 or something. x_X Not looking forward to that, but meh.

I hated gym in elementary. It just got really... annoying once I passed grade 4. o_O;

Frostweaver
September 15th, 2003, 10:51 PM
what... i suppose Ontario is only up to gr.9 gym. In alberta it's Physical Education 10 minimum if you want to graduate from high school...

Dizzy
September 16th, 2003, 10:49 AM
im so glad , i had swimming today , i only need one more unit of gym and im out son

Doctor Itsy
September 17th, 2003, 04:29 PM
I have PE, it would be fine if we didn;t have to do push ups and sit ups, I can't do those. But I can run the mile and play volleyball and stuff.

Cherrim
September 19th, 2003, 08:26 AM
what... i suppose Ontario is only up to gr.9 gym. In alberta it's Physical Education 10 minimum if you want to graduate from high school...
Well we also have to have credits from certain "groups" of courses to pass. *digs up handbook* One of the groups requires us to have "1 additional credit in Health and Physical Education or Arts or Business"

=\ So we can choose to take gym as a mandatory in grade 10 again, but I'm taking visual arts all through high school. *shrugs* XP

Dizzy
September 19th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Ours is only 1.25 credits of Gym/Health , since freshmen recive less creditsfor health gym is required , since healt is only .25 and gym is .75 or 1.00

Frostweaver
September 19th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Well we also have to have credits from certain "groups" of courses to pass. *digs up handbook* One of the groups requires us to have "1 additional credit in Health and Physical Education or Arts or Business"

=\ So we can choose to take gym as a mandatory in grade 10 again, but I'm taking visual arts all through high school. *shrugs* XP

hehe... we have it simple and easy to understand...

at least 100 credits earned within the 3 years of high school (gr.10-12), with the following requirements
-English 30
-Math 20
-(one of the 3 science) 20
-Social 30
-Secondary Language 30
-C.A.L.M 20
-PE 10

(stupid education system values the humanities too much... i hate the humanities!)

Dizzy
September 19th, 2003, 02:33 PM
See ours isnt like that , Ours is a Circle that says , History , English , Math , Foreign Language , Gym , Other Classes , And Science

Majors need 10 credits each ( 5 majors ) Gym need 1 - 5 credits , and your other classes make up the rest of your credits

Haruka
September 19th, 2003, 04:05 PM
And last year, I got a B- in PE and then my GPA went down because of that... augh... I really hate PE... It's one of the useless courses. I won't help me at all in life. I like the most useful classes like Math, Band, History, Science, English, and Social Studies. :P

Cherrim
September 19th, 2003, 04:09 PM
We get one credit per course. And I think we need 24 credits or something. x_X I dunno. But at least it's simple to understand.

Dizzy
September 19th, 2003, 05:12 PM
I hate how my system is set up , if your a freshman in gold or green house , you have to take an athletic course , if your a freshman Tan or blue house , youmust take a contemporary course , like ....... health or art for the 1st semester only , then after that your free to do what you want , this semester im raking up the credits so i can get early release next semester , i only stay till 11am and im outta school

Cherrim
September 19th, 2003, 05:51 PM
And do you get to choose which house you go in? If not, then I'd say that's unfair. =\

Dizzy
September 19th, 2003, 06:03 PM
They sort you on your grades , which school you went to before , and the secret ID number lol

people like me will get into Tan

they just go down a 5000 name list putting 1,2,3,4 near it
1-Green
2-Gold
3-Tan
4-Blue ,
I got stuck with 3
and my homeroom is 3-311

3-311 < room number
^ ^ stands for floor
stands for house

John Denver
September 20th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Juniors and Seniors don't have to take gym...thank God...woot!

BOO ya!

Dizzy
September 20th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Some times our Credit System makes us give away credits , Yes haruka , i also like some of the more intellegent courses , you dont have to apply to them athletically

Haruka
September 20th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Well, Band is sposed to improve your Math skills. Notes have value... like in math.. :P

I also get Paino Lessons. It makes my Computer Skills go up.. because.. I dunno. :P

Dizzy
September 20th, 2003, 07:44 AM
It makes your computer .... well typing skills when you press the keys ..... thats what i learned from the instrumental teachers ....

How many Keys does a Piano Have? 88 right?

Um Gym isnt supposed to be fun , its supposed to make you fit as well as teach you different things

Doctor Itsy
September 20th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Well, Band is sposed to improve your Math skills. Notes have value... like in math.. :P

I also get Paino Lessons. It makes my Computer Skills go up.. because.. I dunno. :P
=/ I am 1st chair trumpet and I still get Cs in math, I don't really think you have to apply mathematical value to the notes, I mean everyone can count to 4, 2, 1...or .5(I think its .5 for 8th notes)

I think PE is important because team spirit and social cooperation, and everyone helps each other out, probably because everyone is terrified at the teacher XD

I don't see the point in exercising though, why can't we just play sports...

Dizzy
September 20th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Im not very good at math either .

My gym teachers are scary, escpecially the Volleyball one , he almost trampled my cousin , and she broke her ankle , that volleyball teacher is bad , he should get sued

jynx
September 20th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Urgh!!
PE is my worst subject ever!!

Frostweaver
September 20th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Urgh!!
PE is my worst subject ever!!

agree... the next thing must be deadly English... -_-

math and physics (math related science...) are kind of easy to me... it's just formulas. You're either right or wrong. In the humanities subject there's always this grey area, where the teacher can easily give you a mark lower/hihger than what you deserve because of the teacher's biased opinions. Not to mention, if you agree with the teachers in the humanities your chances of getting a higher mark will skyrocket sometimes... in math/physics, it's either right or wrong. Even if the teacher hates you s/he can't do a darn thing to you :)

22sa
September 20th, 2003, 04:54 PM
agree... the next thing must be deadly English... -_-

math and physics (math related science...) are kind of easy to me... it's just formulas. You're either right or wrong. In the humanities subject there's always this grey area, where the teacher can easily give you a mark lower/hihger than what you deserve because of the teacher's biased opinions. Not to mention, if you agree with the teachers in the humanities your chances of getting a higher mark will skyrocket sometimes... in math/physics, it's either right or wrong. Even if the teacher hates you s/he can't do a darn thing to you :)
Haha that's true, we always had to take relatively hard written tests after most units in PE.:P

Miyu-chan
September 21st, 2003, 02:50 AM
PE is also one of my worst subjects... T.T Next to it is Math. T.T I love English though. n_n;;;

Dizzy
September 21st, 2003, 09:17 AM
I love Portuguese I and Spanish I

Gym is OK , but not my favorite subject.

DragonTrainer
September 21st, 2003, 10:20 AM
Athletics is one of my best subjects.I'm also awesome at science and math.

Dizzy
September 21st, 2003, 10:30 AM
luckily im gifted at both , but they deprive me of the credits i earned ....... If i dont have enough credits to be a sophomore , or if i have top much credits , for sure im not taking gym next year.

DragonTrainer
September 21st, 2003, 10:37 AM
I think gym is great because you can get in very good shape.

Frostweaver
September 21st, 2003, 11:21 AM
I think gym is great because you can get in very good shape.

maybe that's why i don't like gym... not to mention it's useless. It's not like if you get poor marks in gym you won't get a career... if you fail in say English, then practice this phrase... "Do you want fries with that sir/ma'am?"

Dizzy
September 21st, 2003, 11:27 AM
You need to pass gym though . How can you fail gym , unless you cant play sports or your a computer junkie.

I dont think its possible to fail english and even if people do they wont have to practice do you want fries with that.

My Aunt came from india , and she couldnt speak english very well , but now at my hospital she's a very good doctor and everyone loves her , that proves that even if you fail english you dont have to work at any fast food joint.

Haruka
September 21st, 2003, 11:33 AM
You going to have to apply your grammar skills when you write, speak, talk, etc. Noone wants to get embrassed because they use improper grammar..

If you have too many grammar errors, type or write this:
"Do you want fries with that sir/ma'am?"

Dizzy
September 21st, 2003, 11:37 AM
I dont talk with Improper Grammer , People where Im from use the weirdest Words , we talk like English People with an American Accent.

Yes but my aunt is a doctor , sometimes i cant understand her so i have to tell her to speak spanish or portuguese , she does fine though even if she speaks broken english

Frostweaver
September 21st, 2003, 12:11 PM
first of all Dizzy, thanks for your compliment to me ^_^

i assume that your aunt immigrated to Canada right? well that means she must have gotton her doctor degree elsewhere where the main language isn't english. In NA if you want to be a doctor (or most of other jobs), you need a strong mark in english or else you can't even apply for that course in university or college...

also i think there's some misunderstanding about "do you want fries with that sir/ma'am..." cause you guys are using that quote in weird places...

22sa
September 21st, 2003, 12:40 PM
You need to pass gym though . How can you fail gym , unless you cant play sports or your a computer junkie.

I dont think its possible to fail english and even if people do they wont have to practice do you want fries with that.

My Aunt came from india , and she couldnt speak english very well , but now at my hospital she's a very good doctor and everyone loves her , that proves that even if you fail english you dont have to work at any fast food joint.
To tell you the truth I failed English before, like last year! Mainly because I was quite a p00r student and otherwise simply not qualified for such a class. O_O

latiosspud
September 21st, 2003, 12:41 PM
To tell you the truth I failed English before, like last year! Mainly because I was quite a p00r student and otherwise simply not qualified for such a class. O_O
Is that why you went to summer school?

22sa
September 21st, 2003, 12:43 PM
Is that why you went to summer school?
I went to summer school to take Math. I decided I need as many spare periods as possible for Grade 12:).

latiosspud
September 21st, 2003, 12:46 PM
I went to summer school to take Math. I decided I need as many spare periods as possible for Grade 12:).
Edmonton has grade 12? Quebec doesn't have grade 12 & 13 it has something else that you take for two years although it's mainly the same thing.

Frostweaver
September 21st, 2003, 12:46 PM
i personally went to summer school in order to get ahead... you'll be bailed out if you're not ahead (so you're be alive in the competition... the cruel fact in society... only the strong ones live in competitions).

As long as you "pass" gym it's good enough... after one more year of suffering from gym i'm booting it right out of the window to fit in more academic stuff that'll be helpful in the future.

Edit: Edmonton has gr.12 but not 13. Though we don't have gr.13, we have an extra year in university...

22sa
September 21st, 2003, 12:52 PM
Yea, I got a head in Math, I'll be finished Math 31 by the end of Grade 11 thanks to summer school.:):D:P

Dizzy
September 22nd, 2003, 11:39 AM
Some credits arent even full credits , there like .75 or .25, then there are some that are 1.25 or 1.75 ..... or there the Full year course that gives you 2.00 credits

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
September 22nd, 2003, 03:07 PM
I love gym class, but this semester I have health.

Rift
September 22nd, 2003, 03:13 PM
I have a class called Health & fitness this semester and we made "health" smoothies, and my groups was...BROWN!!! O_o i got all As in my PE class! we had a thing where one day we had to run for 34 minutes non stop (this wasnt graded) and the second you walked you were out adn had to sit down! 8 people did the whole run, and i was one of them! ^_^

Dizzy
September 22nd, 2003, 03:36 PM
My Pyschical Education Class made up run for the whole period , which is 83 minutes , 1 hour and 23 minutes .... well one hour and 13 minutes to get dressed and crap.

Next Semester I have Either Health Or Job.