PDA

View Full Version : School Chit-Chat

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

22sa
February 12th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Talk about anything related to school in this thread. :P

*~Ashley~*
February 12th, 2004, 04:56 PM
school *sigh* well at least i got that off my chest. i just found out that i have to take the AMC (american math challenge) wed. jan. 25. last year it was optional but this year my teacher is being mean and making us take it. it's pointless anyway but it was really hard last year.

man is school a pain!

Frostweaver
February 12th, 2004, 04:56 PM
*of course... all those school talk in DCC certainly indicates we need one of these again ;p *c* *

*so 22sa... what poems are you doing right now anyway?*

22sa
February 12th, 2004, 04:59 PM
*of course... all those school talk in DCC certainly indicates we need one of these again ;p *c* *

*so 22sa... what poems are you doing right now anyway?*
I've already done a poem called "Only Child". It was like 12 stanzas and we had to do all this analyzing which I basically just drifted through. :\

Now, as a group project, I'm doing "Before two Portraits of my Mother" which is really short, 4 stanzas! And these stanzs are short too! ^_^;;;

Frostweaver
February 12th, 2004, 05:09 PM
*hmm...

I love the beautiful young girl of this portrait, my mother, painted years ago when her forehead was white, and there were no shadows in the dazzling Venetian glass of her gaze. But this other likeness shows the deep trenches across her forehead's white marble. The rose poem of her youth that marriage sang is far behind. Here is my sadness. I compare these portraits, one of a joy radiant brow, the other careheavy; sunrise and the thick coming on of night. And yet how strange my ways appear, for when I look at these faded lips my heart smiles, but at the smiling girl my tears start.

This one? Hmm... looks... difficult =/ . The only version on the internet is one without line breaks (which can matter a lot) so can't really help you... but perhaps after he gets his physics done he can look into it and perhaps try his best to help?*

22sa
February 12th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Lol, you actually found it? I tried to find it at school but failed...:P

Diffcult? Man, you should've seen the other poems. The teacher picked over groups and gave us all a booklet of poems. Then we were, one member from each group to go up and draw a poem from the bag without looking. And of all the super long poems in that booklet we got a short one. ^_^;;; So I think my group's pretty lucky. And one of the members of our group is gone all of next week so we don't have to present when everyone else has too either!! XD;;

Yah, I think I understand the poem, sort of. I already analyzed and paraphrased it with a partner but it's probably not very well done. Do you know why she is sad when she looks at the younger girl in the end. I know it's her reaction but I'm still kind of unclear at how to explain it. And more importantly, what is the author suggesting :laugh:!?

Frostweaver
February 12th, 2004, 05:45 PM
*I love the beautiful young girl of this portrait, my mother, painted years ago when her forehead was white, and there were no shadows in the dazzling Venetian glass of her gaze. But this other likeness shows the deep trenches across her forehead's white marble. The rose poem of her youth that marriage sang is far behind. Here is my sadness. I compare these portraits, one of a joy radiant brow, the other careheavy; sunrise and the thick coming on of night. And yet how strange my ways appear, for when I look at these faded lips my heart smiles, but at the smiling girl my tears start.*

*hmm... i'll try to do a mini dialogue journal perhaps? It's the OSA method of analyzing... perhaps you won't get it but maybe it'll still help a slightly bit?*

*first of all, the "I" (speaker) is not known... no clue who the speaker is*

*portrait- artistical, picture, face, description, drawing, record*

*the portrait is painted years ago... this means that the mother in the drawing is very old or even died now. Also the portrait may not have colors, and perhaps decayed and deformed a bit now*

*when her forehead was white... as if either describing she's still very young, or she's feeling bad and her face is pale/white*

*shadows- whenever someone's eyes is related to being black, it usually suggests it to be evil/dark, mysterious. Whatever the mother is feeling at that time perhaps maybe clouded up*

*Venetian Glass- tells us the setting is in Venice, or that's where the portrait is drawn*

*a change in portrait, now it's the 2nd one*

*the trenches indicate that she's frowning in the picture... seems like she lived her whole life in saddness as the frowning actually brings the speaker to a feeling of the familiar*

*marble- cold register*

*white- contrast to the dark eyes, and somewhat ironic for the frowning and the saddness*

*seems like the mother's marriage is one of complete dissatisfactory. rose poem which gives you such a romantic feeling is so far behind... as in time. Perhaps she regarded marriage as happiness back then but now she frowns most likely because of her marriage.*

*rose- beautiful but "even a rose has its thorns". It's already indicated that the mother's perception of marriage is too naive and too beautiful*

*here is my saddness- first thing/detail about the speaker...*

*the portrait when the mother is young is happy (sunrise). the other portrait of her after marriage is of complete saddness (night)... yet the speaker though fully aware of the situation of the 2 portraits smiles at the sad portrait while the speaker cries for the happier portrait. Knowing this, the speaker considers him/herself to be kind of wrong or strange (saddness)*

*looking back, there is a contradiction... the speaker cries for the happy portrait, which s/he "loves" according to the beginning of the poem. *

*the happy portrait is always referred to as "girl" pretty much... girl suggests youth, and fresh in terms of time... also younger in age suggests ignorance. Perhaps this is why she's smiling and is so happy. Yet in the portrait after marriage, the "mother" (not "girl") is sad and smiles no more. Mother's register gives us a more formal, older register... as a mother she knows more than a "girl". Perhaps whatever knowledge the mother gained as a mother in comparison to a "girl" made her sad*

*perhaps (a guess) the speaker feels reliefed and is happy for his/her mother's realization of the grielf in the world. While the ignorant, naive girl in the happier portrait is living a sheltered life being mocked and fooled by the world, still thinking that the world is all great and joyful. The fact that she's such a fool maybe the reason why the speaker starts weeping- for her ignorance.*

*Possible theme/human condition: When we're young, we merely know a portion of what's there in the world. We imagine this world to be of complete happiness. Yet when time passes by and we become an adult, we start to witness the pain within this world and what great responsibility we must carry out. Then we'll come to a sudden realization that we were simply ignorant all our lives to think that this world is something to be happy for.*

*note: who's the author of it? If you know, check the poet's biography... poet's past always affect what s/he writes*

*of course the above is only my version of the interpretation... it's probably way off and is very shallow...*

22sa
February 12th, 2004, 05:53 PM
[insert hundred shocked faces here]

Well you did lots and you did it fast!!!! I would've been head on the desk after my first sentence of analysis if it weren't a partner project lol.

The speaker is the a daughter of the mother mentioned there btw. It all depends the gender of the author who's name isn't spelt in English. =/

Frostweaver
February 12th, 2004, 05:57 PM
*nah... just because the speaker is "I" that doesn't automatically mean it's the poet... possibly but not a must.*

*err... not english? Wonder if this is an translated poem then...*

*short poems are actually harder to do... the same amount of ideas are in both long and short poems. However in the more condensed poems the same amount of ideas are squished into very precise choice of diction so each word means more and is a lot deeper... it's actually harder = /*

22sa
February 12th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Yes. This is a translated poem. I guess you got a point there, I hope our group doesn't die. :laugh: Even though we already get a whole extra week!

Frostweaver
February 12th, 2004, 06:06 PM
*lol... with your intelligence you'll be just fine 22sa... Frosty did all that he can with this... hopefully he can be of some minor form of help to you? Best of luck with your analysis 22sa!*

22sa
February 12th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Thanks... I think I'll do write some things about connotations and attitude over the weekend. The analysis is at school, but I guess I can try to take it home tommorrow if I meet my project partner, a specific one because it's on his computer account, tommorrow. I don't have English tommorrow but I know where his locker is. Thanks a lot frostweaver! :P

Timbjerr
February 12th, 2004, 06:47 PM
English is definitely my least favorite subject.
I know how to analyze stories and I know grammar what more do they need to teach us?!?

anyways...my school is called Eisenhower High School. If you live in norhtern Houston, you've probably heard of its reputation as a ghetto thugland. I am one of the about 130 honors students out of 2017 total students and my strongest subjects are math science and art. My weakest subject is English and History. My GPA is about 2.7 on the four-point scale and 6.3 on the ranking scale.

what else should I tell you?

Frostweaver
February 12th, 2004, 06:50 PM
*the point is that regardless of how much you *think* you know how to analyze stories... it's still "not enough" "expand here" "<insert other reasons of messing up here?" and so on... it's never enough to be of satisfactory -_-*

Dizzy
February 12th, 2004, 06:52 PM
I hate Biology, It's boring, Id rather have Chemistry... ;) I love any Foreign Language Class..

Luigi-San
February 12th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I was swimming in gym class today. I did 180's and 270's into the pool.

Try solving this: 4x+9=73

22sa
February 12th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Lol, I don't take Biology, and instead took Chemistry this year. But, I might want to take Biology next year... My sister is always demanding I take Biology but I have no reason to take Biology.

latiosspud
February 12th, 2004, 07:12 PM
I was swimming in gym class today. I did 180's and 270's into the pool.

Try solving this: 4x+9=73
x=4

Teara
My school is full of phyco teachers. Our science teacher hears voices in his head and yells at them out loud. Stink bombs are also a comstant problem, oh well, off to high school next year.

Dizzy
I think Biology is Stupid, We cut and Color Chromosomes all day, I want Chemistry... Or Physics.. or whichever comes first :).

Theres like 5,000 Kids at my school so theres lots of mess ups in schedules/

Frostweaver
February 12th, 2004, 07:13 PM
4x+9=73
*4x^2 = 64
x^2 = 16
x = (plus or minus) 4*

<= too lazy to do superscripts, subscripts and other symbol

Dizzy
February 12th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Pyscho Teachers lol, we have lots of those, This teacher once claimed that she died and Saw Joan of Arc being Burned at the Stake Screaming out St. Catherine.. She's now in the Funny Farm. Stink Bombs were so stupid, there were so much last year that some teachers brought Gas Masks. There's still some in High School you think that the kids would grow up instead of being Immature..

22sa
February 12th, 2004, 07:19 PM
...And Psycho teachers of the future...

I just got a subsititute teacher today in Chemistry who "Trusts no one" and brags about it to the class... Then she marked me down as absent for some reason even though I was on time and there the whole class. -_-'

Dizzy
February 12th, 2004, 07:22 PM
My Gym Teacher used to let me go walk around the core during a Class I didnt like lol. I think that lady was a history Teacher.... Joan of Arc is dead.. isnt she... and why would she scream out St. Catherine?

John Denver
February 12th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Your momma's so old, when I told her to act her age...SHE DIED!!!

HA!

Ok sorry, well any back to school, in school there are test, and in those tests are chemsitry questions...those that i hate...but i got a B+ on some of them so it's all good...

School is decent for me...yay

BOO ya!

DragonTrainer
February 13th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I just mad a 101% on an advanced algebra test ^^

latiosspud
February 13th, 2004, 03:43 PM
I just mad a 101% on an advanced algebra test ^^
You're lucky that your teacher gives you bonuses.

*~Ashley~*
February 13th, 2004, 03:47 PM
i hate geometry i wish i could be back in algerbra II. woah! i can't beleive i just said that! i failed my civics test today but at least i have winter vacation this week!

DragonTrainer
February 13th, 2004, 05:59 PM
LOl, you gotta study guys :P

Well, I never study, since I have a photographic memory :P

22sa
February 13th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Blah, I had a really really hard Chemistry test today. It's a review of all the stuff the grade 10 Chemistry stuff which I completely forogt and it was like a midterm exam on stuff I don't know... Ehh, well first two weeks in the Course. Very bad start.

DragonTrainer
February 13th, 2004, 06:11 PM
You'll get there 22sa, just study study study!!

22sa
February 13th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Hey hey, erase those three "study" words, and then we'll talk!

J/K :P

DragonTrainer
February 13th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Lol, I never study, I just see the notes for like 5 min., and it is memorized in my head no joke :P

silverfrost
February 13th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Lol, I never study, I just see the notes for like 5 min., and it is memorized in my head no joke :P

Heh, same here. Usually when I have a test, I'll just get to my class a little early, glance at my notes, and I'm all set. =P

DragonTrainer
February 13th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Yes me too

Lol, I love having a phtographic memory :P

22sa
February 13th, 2004, 06:27 PM
You have perfect notes... Cha-ching, how much for 'em? :P J/K, you guys are both pretty gifted...

DragonTrainer
February 13th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Lol, I guess I'm gifted:P

I'm in all advanced classes, and making all A's :P

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
February 13th, 2004, 06:32 PM
i hate school so incredibly this year. It feels like ****. I haven't felt so outcast ever, IN MY LIFE! I miss all my old friends, because most of them are in other teams, so I never see them. I want to thank all the kids at my school for making my life a living ****.

DragonTrainer
February 13th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Well nick, you could mak some new friends

silverfrost
February 13th, 2004, 06:35 PM
We also used to have "teams" at my school. If someone was on a different one, it meant you didn't see them at all. =/

DragonTrainer
February 13th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Well, you could see them on weekends and stuff

silverfrost
February 13th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Well, you could see them on weekends and stuff

True, but it would still be nice to actually have classes with them. It makes boring courses a little bit more interesting. =P

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
February 13th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Well nick, you could mak some new friends
I don't clique with anyone...

Timbjerr
February 13th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Lol, I never study, I just see the notes for like 5 min., and it is memorized in my head no joke :Pthat's pretty cool, but I don't even need five minutes. Notes usually stick in my head after the teacher gives us one or two examples of the material being taught.

4x+9=73 I would've easily solved that if Latiosspud and Frosty haven't beten me to it. Maybe I should check up on threads like this more often...

DragonTrainer
February 14th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Lol, I mean that tmbjr, I was just saying, I just hear it, and I learn it ^^

Frostweaver
February 14th, 2004, 04:55 PM
*wants to be gifted too =/ *

*as for studying... one hour at most? Frosty procrasinates to no end when it comes to studying and work...*

silverfrost
February 14th, 2004, 05:02 PM
*wants to be gifted too =/ *

*as for studying... one hour at most? Frosty procrasinates to no end when it comes to studying and work...*

As far as being "gifted" goes, I'm definitely not there. I just have a decent memory. =P And I procrastinate too. Ugh, it's terrible. I'm up late doing HW almost every night. =/

DragonTrainer
February 14th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Lol, at most spend 1 hour doing HW, I go through it quick =P

Frostweaver
February 14th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Lol, at most spend 1 hour doing HW, I go through it quick =P
;_;

<= had done too much homework and lost count of how long on average it takes for him to get them done...

DragonTrainer
February 14th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Lol, homework is easy, so long as you understand the material

Frostweaver
February 14th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Lol, homework is easy, so long as you understand the material
*ahem... "water is wet" dragontrainer... now let's elaborate on the "how" of the bold part... ._.;*

DragonTrainer
February 14th, 2004, 07:27 PM
So, what about the bold part frostman?

Frostweaver
February 14th, 2004, 07:31 PM
*ahem... not everyone understands the material at first glance... -_- Especially English and everything else except somewhat math...*

DragonTrainer
February 14th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Lol, I must b weird, I get pretty much anything at first glance :cross-eye

Timbjerr
February 14th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Lol, I must b weird, I get pretty much anything at first glance :cross-eyeXD just like me...kinda freaky...

hey Frosty, if you need help with homework you can always ask me...for a fee. That seems to be my only personal income (and the reason I rarely do my own homework XD)

John Denver
February 16th, 2004, 09:24 AM
knowing the material gets good grades
doing the homework gets you to know the material
doing the homework gets good grades

HEY! Transitive property, were already learning...

BOO ya!

22sa
February 16th, 2004, 01:05 PM
knowing the material gets good grades
doing the homework gets you to know the material
doing the homework gets good grades

HEY! Transitive property, were already learning...

BOO ya!
One thing: Doing the homework correctly gets gets good grades. :P

Frostweaver
February 16th, 2004, 01:22 PM
One thing: Doing the homework correctly gets gets good grades. :P
*agrees*

*problem at hand:
-wants to know the materials but fail
-ask the teachers but they're all too annoyed at Frosty constantly asking
-gets homework done... in the "wrong" fashion
-as for test... well since the above failed his studying for the test also fails
-conclusion: fail*

=/

22sa
February 16th, 2004, 01:34 PM
(Last semseter) I advised a grade 12 student who was a couple days behind to not do her homework because it'll take her too long, like 5 hours to do it correctly. :laugh: Though I think she understood already, and she wasn't willing put in that much time so she left it. *Never should fall behind in High school*

Ryoutarou
February 16th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Maan i hat it...falling behind that the reason i was out last year i'd be in 11th right now if i hadent stoped....but hey at lest i went back in on my own choice.

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 01:24 PM
lol, I think that Americain Teachers give so little homework. n_n; The one teacher that gives the most is my Algebra teacher. She's the only one that gave us hw through out the Winter Break. =_=

Ryoutarou
February 17th, 2004, 01:49 PM
You still get homework??!*** all i ever have to do is read like 20-30 pages but never have to write anything anymore.

latiosspud
February 17th, 2004, 01:50 PM
lol, I think that Americain Teachers give so little homework. n_n; The one teacher that gives the most is my Algebra teacher. She's the only one that gave us hw through out the Winter Break. =_=
Most public schools in Canada don't give a lot of homework either. There are some good public schools though where smart kids with empty pockets go.

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Oh really? Well, if a person uses his/her's smartness in the right way, (s)he can get money when they're older. =P

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I hafta agree with Dakota there...but drive is something else as well...

That's why there are so many geniouses (typo?) flippin burgers at burger king

I'm gonna steal this...BOO ya!

Dragon Man
February 17th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I live in NYC and my school gives a ton of homework. I have Algebra, History, French, Science, English and other stuff each night. I got 99.5% on my French test though. That's the only subject I get. Lol. :D

Ryoutarou
February 17th, 2004, 02:31 PM
and to think 3 years after school is over you'll forget it all....

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 02:40 PM
It depends if you want to forget or not. If you've just spent 2 days cramming for an exam, when the exam's over, you forget it all. o.o; However, if you have intrest in the subject, you may remember it for life. o.o;

DragonTrainer
February 17th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Lol, I nver study,but I always make good grades =/

Ryoutarou
February 17th, 2004, 02:45 PM
same here that's why i have almost all c's.

DragonTrainer
February 17th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Well, I have all A+'s lol

latiosspud
February 17th, 2004, 02:57 PM
I live in NYC and my school gives a ton of homework. I have Algebra, History, French, Science, English and other stuff each night. I got 99.5% on my French test though. That's the only subject I get. Lol. :D
Well according to Forbes, New York has the best public schools in United States so I'm not surprised. What do you exactly do in your French test?

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 02:59 PM
I don't have any French tests, so I don't know :P

latiosspud
February 17th, 2004, 03:02 PM
I don't have any French tests, so I don't know :P
I don't think French is mandatory in some states so I'm not surprised either. If a person was really smart than he would usually get a scholarship to a private school like my friend whose parents make less than 50000 dollars a year.

DragonTrainer
February 17th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Lol, I know I'm gonna get scholarships if I keep my grades like I am now =P

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Wow... he's quite lucky. o.o; I never knew that there was scholarships for those...

DragonTrainer
February 17th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Scholarships for what Dakota?

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 03:21 PM
If a person was really smart than he would usually get a scholarship to a private school like my friend whose parents make less than 50000 dollars a year.
For that. *points* :chinese:

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Yeeeeepp..Dakota is not a smart one today HAH!!

(sorry :D:D)

Well, if you become valedictorian (or salutitorian in some colleges) then you get a scholarship. It doesn't matter how much your family makes in that instance...course, if you parents are BUZZILIONARES then that'll be a factor to. I bet bill gate's kids could get in any college they friggin want...ha!

take that! BOO ya!

DragonTrainer
February 17th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Lol, Bill Gates could buy a college

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 03:26 PM
That's very possible... Wonder what he'll call it?
(And I never said that I was smart. :P)

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 03:27 PM
He prolly could YES!

Actually, his kids could retire when they're five so they wouldn't even need..unless they have things like GOALS!! then? PAH!!

*shuck by, shuck by*

latiosspud
February 17th, 2004, 03:51 PM
I see you guys haven't been looking at the news lately. Well first, everyone has to pass a test to get into a private college no matter how much you have. And second, Bill Gates is only giving his oldest son 10 million dollars when he dies because he wants his son to earn money the hard way by using the money he gave him.

Kairi
February 17th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I see you guys haven't been looking at the news lately. Well first, everyone has to pass a test to get into a private college no matter how much you have. And second, Bill Gates is only giving his oldest son 10 million dollars when he dies because he wants his son to earn money the hard way by using the money he gave him.Yes, $10 million and a famous name is the hard way >.>;

Teara
February 17th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Sorry to change the subject but I'm so happy! Our Constitution test is over!!!hurray!!! Party!!! Free anything for anyone!!!I think I flunked it!!! hur- ...eh?

100marios
February 17th, 2004, 05:27 PM
I can see it now!
"The Bill Gates University!"
Where bright (and also flithy rich) kids come to buy an education!
....I mean, to get an education!
Hehe....

ScArLetSkye
February 17th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I can see it now!
"The Bill Gates University!"
Where bright (and also flithy rich) kids come to buy an education!
....I mean, to get an education!
Hehe....

Lol,buy an education!Heeheeheeheeeeee! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

100marios
February 17th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Lol,buy an education!Heeheeheeheeeeee! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You like that? Then how about this!

"The Bill Gates Elementary"!
Where the future rulers of our world come to learn.......their ABC'S!
Hehe....

PM2008
February 17th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Sorry to change the subject but I'm so happy! Our Constitution test is over!!!hurray!!! Party!!! Free anything for anyone!!!I think I flunked it!!! hur- ...eh?

I can see you are in American History.
If I flunked a test I don't think that I would be happy. :cross-eye

Teara
February 17th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I can see you are in American History.
If I flunked a test I don't think that I would be happy. :cross-eye
I never said I was happy about it, I studied Alot but, at least if I did flunk it I can take it over. We cant graduate highschool without passing it...booo to school!

PM2008
February 17th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I never said I was happy about it, I studied Alot but, at least if I did flunk it I can take it over. We cant graduate highschool without passing it...booo to school!

I think that you would have forgotten by your junior year, and I don't think that you will have the same test. :\

Teara
February 17th, 2004, 06:24 PM
If I flunk it today, I retake it tomarrow. Same test. ^_-

digi-kun
February 17th, 2004, 09:09 PM
well...i completely annoyed the french and orchestra...teachers
french: im holding up the board for props for a play while the french teacher cuts it...suddenly i yell out OW!...she got mad *nods*'

orchestra: i wore black sweatpants to the concert today...what? the slip said BLACK pants...

teachers are just too serious these days

latiosspud
February 18th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Yes, $10 million and a famous name is the hard way >.>;
You need money to make money. Most people who are really rich now are rich thanks to their parents.

Ryoutarou
February 18th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I just got suspened for a whole month!! man i have never meet a kid so racist in my whole **** life.....he threw a book at me......i got him expellled then we passed each other in the office and he said "your *** got here well i'm gonna earn it" Or something like that then in front of 4 cops the princepal and like 8 teachers we beat the crap out of each other and it turns out there were 3 p.e. class watching the whole thing iin the end the police had to hold us away from each other so we wouldent beat the crap out of each other we both endded up braking loose from their grip's but then they used a stun gun on use both....they hurt like ****......fun filled day wasent it?

DragonTrainer
February 18th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Woah, a whole month?That's harsh.....

22sa
February 18th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Most public schools in Canada don't give a lot of homework either. There are some good public schools though where smart kids with empty pockets go.
My High School gives a lot of homework, not that everyone does it, but it gives a lot of homework. (I consider 2-3 hours a lot...) It's great but I'm not sure about the school's average performance.

But I went to pretty good Junior High. 40%+ percent of the students were honors, while Alberta's average was like 17% (Partly because of poor performing rural students) and most other (excluding 2) Edmontonian schools range from 18%-24%. :\ :P

Teara
February 18th, 2004, 07:25 PM
....yeah...Hurray!!!! I passed the test!!! Me so smart ^_^! 80/100 oh yeah!
*throws conffetie*
Now I can graduate highschool! I'm a genius!
*runs into wall* @_@ really I am...

Frostweaver
February 18th, 2004, 07:42 PM
My High School gives a lot of homework, not that everyone does it, but it gives a lot of homework. (I consider 2-3 hours a lot...) It's great but I'm not sure about the school's average performance.

But I went to pretty good Junior High. 40%+ percent of the students were honors, while Alberta's average was like 17% (Partly because of poor performing rural students) and most other (excluding 2) Edmontonian schools range from 18%-24%. :\ :P
*you mean Crestwood (<=Frosty's junior high) and Grandview? ;p *c* *

*hmm... Ainlay gives out that much homework? =/ Guess the common propaganda is way off...*

John Denver
February 18th, 2004, 08:02 PM
My school is in the country, in Hickville, Hicksylvania...

I just learned a while ago our school is in the bottom five percent of the state...heh, kinda make me proud...HOLLA!!

oh yeah, and BOO ya!

22sa
February 18th, 2004, 08:13 PM
*you mean Crestwood (<=Frosty's junior high) and Grandview? ;p *c* *

*hmm... Ainlay gives out that much homework? =/ Guess the common propaganda is way off...*
Yes, yes. :P

Usually there willl always be homework but just not everyone does it.

Ryoutarou
February 19th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Woah, a whole month?That's harsh.....

Not really it's one of thoese zero tolrence school's

100marios
February 19th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Yay! I had early release today so I got out at 12:00!
Hooray!
Hehe.

*~Ashley~*
February 19th, 2004, 10:34 AM
yeah...well i've been home all day. all week to be precise. i'm bored outta my mind now. i almost wish february vacation was over. ALMOST!

Ryoutarou
February 19th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I wish i hade something to do since i got suspended i was able to pick up a extra shift at the auto shop i work at but 7-10!!?!? no one comes in at that time it's just basically clen up now at lest i''m getting paid to do almost nothing.

Deiji
February 19th, 2004, 11:12 AM
I want t get paid. I need a job. Oh, anyway right now I am at school . COOL EEHHHH!? GTG bell is about to ring ! *Runs to class*

100marios
February 19th, 2004, 11:20 AM
I want t get paid. I need a job. Oh, anyway right now I am at school . COOL EEHHHH!? GTG bell is about to ring ! *Runs to class*
I could never get on the computers at my school.
I forgot the password they gave me to log on hehe....
*looks at the clock*
Cool! I still wouldn't of been out of school yet! At least, not until 9 minutes!

*~Ashley~*
February 19th, 2004, 11:23 AM
I could never get on the computers at my school.
I forgot the password they gave me to log on hehe....
*looks at the clock*
Cool! I still wouldn't of been out of school yet! At least, not until 9 minutes!
at school we're not allowed to use the internet for our own reasons. only for school work. which reminds me that i have to read for english. i'll do that later, i do have til mon.
if i had school today i would be out already. but i wouldn't be as bored as i am now.

100marios
February 19th, 2004, 11:41 AM
at school we're not allowed to use the internet for our own reasons. only for school work. which reminds me that i have to read for english. i'll do that later, i do have til mon.
if i had school today i would be out already. but i wouldn't be as bored as i am now.
Neither are we hehe.....
I know how you feel though. Even though I don't like school very much, you feel like you deserve to be home and rest after it's over. The house can get rather boring if you stay home all day....

*~Ashley~*
February 19th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Neither are we hehe.....
I know how you feel though. Even though I don't like school very much, you feel like you deserve to be home and rest after it's over. The house can get rather boring if you stay home all day....
yeah, i don't like school much either. when i'm there i can't wait to get home. i was counting down the days til this break, but now that it's here i'm starting to wish it was over already. a week is a long time to be stuck at home. even though i went to NY this weekend (actually that was boring too!) and at least i got out of the house to go to my dance class on tuesday. but for now i have nothing to do so i shall sit at home and just be bored.

Ryoutarou
February 19th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I think school's okay i just dont like the fact that in two years i'm out in the real world.

Deiji
February 19th, 2004, 02:15 PM

I at frist didn't think I would be able to sign on the message board. The computers are resstricted to most places like e-mails and things like that. I need to start coming into the poke community during lunch more. North Dakota dosn't get spring break. *Sigh* *Looks out side sees 7 foot snow drifts* I guess I can see why...

DragonTrainer
February 19th, 2004, 02:37 PM
No spring break!?I couldn't survive :P

Frostweaver
February 19th, 2004, 03:07 PM
No spring break!?I couldn't survive :P
*lol... I don't even have a summer ^_^;; And I thought that DragonTrainer will be one of those who'll survive without holidays as he doesn't really need to study anyway. Plus I thought he liked school?*

Miyu-chan
February 19th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Wow...you don't have a summer break? n_n; Now's our winter break, and I just finished my book review. n_n; I did it much longer than the limit. Not bad for somone who hasn't went to a English school in 5 years. =P

DragonTrainer
February 19th, 2004, 05:10 PM
*lol... I don't even have a summer ^_^;; And I thought that DragonTrainer will be one of those who'll survive without holidays as he doesn't really need to study anyway. Plus I thought he liked school?*
No, I do not need to study, and I do like school, just sometimes it gets boring :P.Besides, I like to just hang out sometimes XD

22sa
February 19th, 2004, 07:29 PM
I take summer school and usually I'll have to leave the country for the other have of summer too. =/

Dizzy
February 19th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Here, Towards the Last Quarter of the year, Study School's are open, for the big tests and what not. Me and my friends usually stay there, it's from three to seven, for Four nights a week.

22sa
February 19th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Heh, I never get a decent study palce. =/

DragonTrainer
February 19th, 2004, 07:38 PM
I take summer school and usually I'll have to leave the country for the other have of summer too. =/
So you'll hardly be on this summer?That sucks.... :disappoin

22sa
February 19th, 2004, 07:48 PM
So you'll hardly be on this summer?That sucks.... :disappoin
[Sun starts burning me] No, I'll be on still unless something really bad happens. Summer school takes up less time each weekday than normal school does.

Heh, maybe I'll even get a job since I'm already 16............

John Denver
February 20th, 2004, 09:02 AM
I'm postin in duh school aGAIN!!

*feels soooo good*

Well, sorta...I have to keep watching over my shoulder for teachers..

wait! BOO ya! ya! ya!

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Well, I keep on making very high grades in advanced algebra, yay for me!!

Dizzy
February 20th, 2004, 03:16 PM
I hate Algebra, I was going to take Algebra II but now I'm in Geometry I.. Geometry is so fun :)

I think I want to take Algebra II in my Sophomore Year... or maybe in my Junior Year because I have all the time in the world for this.

*~Ashley~*
February 20th, 2004, 03:20 PM
I hate Algebra, I was going to take Algebra II but now I'm in Geometry I.. Geometry is so fun :)

I think I want to take Algebra II in my Sophomore Year... or maybe in my Junior Year because I have all the time in the world for this.
i'm just the opposite of you. i hate geometry. it's so boring. i liked algebra. i didn't like my teacher but algebra II was ok. i have geometry this year as a sophomore and i get so bored in class. who cares about proofs and stuff like that. solving equations last year interested me more.

Dizzy
February 20th, 2004, 03:24 PM
So are you taking Algebra III or Geometry II next? My teacher tried to make Algebra fun but I didnt like it.

*~Ashley~*
February 20th, 2004, 03:28 PM
So are you taking Algebra III or Geometry II next? My teacher tried to make Algebra fun but I didnt like it.
next year i take pre-calculus. yeah. i'm in honors this year but next year i'm not sure if i want to drop down or not. AP pre-calc seems a little bit scary!

Miyu-chan
February 20th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I'm taking Algebra one, because the teachers don't know my math level. ;-;

digi-kun
February 20th, 2004, 04:55 PM
im taking algebra 1 as well...my math teacher, for some reason, ALWAYS gives out at least 2 xtra credit points here's the list:
2 points-correcting someone
2 points-answering a question correctly
3 points-correcting the teacher
3 points-exclusive problems
5 points-exclusive problems
15-50-problem of the half-month

Miyu-chan
February 20th, 2004, 05:07 PM
lol, it must be easy to get alot credits then. n_n;
My teacher is always giving our work, work, and even more work... She keeps us busy the whole peroid... o.o; But that's what I like about her. =P

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Well, I get tons of work, but it's quite easy to finish it all

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Well, I get tons of work, but it's quite easy to finish it all
Hmmm... that must mean it's really not enough!! J/K

I was going to take Calculas this semster (Feb-June) but I decided to drop it for Psychology class, the bad thing is I have a spare now since Calculas is twice the credits of Psychology... I wanted to save spares for grade 12.

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I would have gone with Calculus, unless you plan to be a psychologist =/

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 07:33 PM
lol, no, I haven't planned for anything save taking the right courses for going into Engineering in University.

BTW, I also dropped it because it would've been the period every morning, and I'd probably just sleep through the first class, especially if it's Math. ;_;

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 07:40 PM
It would help you better in the long run 22sa

Teara
February 20th, 2004, 07:51 PM
EEEEEE! I got my report card today!
it...wasn't good... In my science class, out of 20 people, 16 have F's! I got away with a C- but still...Out of 131 people in our group (it's a weird system at our school) 113 are on the D's and F's list. The teachers yell at us for it but with that many people failing, it make you wonder about the teachers skills.
BYT sorry to change the subject, please go ahead and continue your conversation ^_^

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 08:09 PM
DT, I'll be taking it next year for sure. ;) I don't think it's the teacher's fault, unless she miss informs you guys about up coming tests. Otherwise, it's still the individual student's responsibility for his/her own grades.

Teara
February 20th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Our teachers never explain anything, that's why people always have to come to school even if your sick, if u miss a day your only chance of fuguring out whats going on is if you talk to your friends. Plus nobody likes any of the teachers because thay all put us down and tell us to shut up and that were stupid, they also swear at us sometimes.

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Our teachers never explain anything, that's why people always have to come to school even if your sick, if u miss a day your only chance of fuguring out whats going on is if you talk to your friends. Plus nobody likes any of the teachers because thay all put us down and tell us to shut up and that were stupid, they also swear at us sometimes.
=/ Talk about major teacher corruption... Doesn't any of you ever talk to the principle about the class situation? By the sounds of it, I would. It'd totally suck to stick around in with such a blatant teaching style.

Teara
February 20th, 2004, 08:29 PM
=/ Talk about major teacher corruption... Doesn't any of you ever talk to the principle about the class situation? By the sounds of it, I would. It'd totally suck to stick around in with such a blatant teaching style.
Alot of us have, but all they do is sit in the classrooms for a while, that of course dosn't help since the teachers just act differant when there around. But I have a plan, I'm going to write down everyhthing the science teacher (he's the worst) says that is down putting and hand it into the principal. Since I'm the student council pres. maybe he'll listen to me.

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 08:36 PM
I can't believe the principal can fooled like that. =/ You might want to get some signatures from the other students of your science class too. Good lucky serving justice. XD =P

Teara
February 20th, 2004, 08:45 PM
the principals arn't beeing fooled, the're just being evil.
*light bulb comes on*
I know! I'll get the entire student co. and we'll barge into the front office and demand that Mr. ell- I mean that teacher be...um...fierd? no, that would be too mean, he's getting married soon.
*sigh*
I guess I'll take your advice and get signatures to get him to lay off. 0_0

JoWood
February 20th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Do your grades count more towards 7th and 8th grades or 9th and up? I wanna know cause I'm not tryin so hard right now(7th grade).

BTW, here in D.C. you gotta goto skool for four years in middle school and two years of high school. Lolz

ScArLetSkye
February 20th, 2004, 08:50 PM
UUUUUUUUUggggg...test next Thursday....:/

Teara
February 20th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Do your grades count more towards 7th and 8th grades or 9th and up? I wanna know cause I'm not tryin so hard right now(7th grade).

BTW, here in D.C. you gotta goto skool for four years in middle school and two years of high school. Lolz
They all count really. In the future, if someone is looking over your grades from the past and sees that your grades were down for quite a while they will probably have ther doubts about u.
Lucky you! This is my last year before I'm off to highschool, than I will have four years there before I can go to college...if I don't get killed by my science teacher first... :sleeping:

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 08:59 PM
the principals arn't beeing fooled, the're just being evil.
*light bulb comes on*
I know! I'll get the entire student co. and we'll barge into the front office and demand that Mr. ell- I mean that teacher be...um...fierd? no, that would be too mean, he's getting married soon.
*sigh*
I guess I'll take your advice and get signatures to get him to lay off. 0_0
So that's it. =/ He has a deal with your science teacher, eh? x_x;

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 09:18 PM
So, who made a deal with what?:P

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 09:45 PM
So, who made a deal with what?:P
I don't know. It just seems Teara's Pincipal and Science Teacher are working together. =/ I'm suprised the parents haven't got together and sued such a school board....

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Well, the tachers keep many secrets rom us :paranoid:

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 10:03 PM
All I know is the your teacher can do a lot more things to you then you think he/she can/would... u.u;;

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Yes, I think my teacher has X-Ray vision :P

John Denver
February 21st, 2004, 05:42 AM
if my teacher had X-Ray vision, I know I would never be able to get on the computer...

HA! iiiiittt's BOO ya!

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 06:48 AM
If my teacher had X-Ray vision, he would look through people's clothes :P:P

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 08:00 AM
I dont even go anywhere near a site that has the work pokemon on it in my school.....it's normal to use the net in I.tech class we get to use it for 30min of whatever we wanna do at the end of the day but if I ever got caught it'd be the end of me.

Catriona
February 21st, 2004, 08:22 AM
I don't wanna know what my teachers would be looking at if they had X-ray vision...

Nobody cares what I use the net for at my school. =\\

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 08:25 AM
it's like that at most school's....

Catriona
February 21st, 2004, 08:31 AM
Yeah, well, that's a good thing then. =ll; At my school all the others use the internet for games like the ones at orisinal.com and... other crap.

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 08:41 AM
At my weird little school we arn't alowed to use the inernet without special permission from the teachers, and they never let us use it for anything other than report research. We arn't allowed to use the scanners or printers either, we hve to copy everything we need in our notebooks...it's not a fun place to be.-_-

Catriona
February 21st, 2004, 08:47 AM
Eww, that sucks, Teara... The person in charge of computers at my school patrols the rooms and corridors with computers in though, and you're screwed if you print off anything unrelated to school... Most don't get caught though. =d

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 08:54 AM
After someone gets done using a computor one of the librareans checks what they've been doing, so if u do something wrong, yer gona get caught. hehe, I can't use the internet at school though, I lost my internet useage card (told ya it's a weird school) and I don't feel like renewing it...okay, actually I just forget alot...same differance!

PM2008
February 21st, 2004, 08:55 AM
At my weird little school we arn't alowed to use the inernet without special permission from the teachers, and they never let us use it for anything other than report research. We arn't allowed to use the scanners or printers either, we hve to copy everything we need in our notebooks...it's not a fun place to be.-_-

In my school I guess that we have much more freedom than yours, you can get on the computer whenever you want and you can print all you want. :)
And to get on the internet all you say is I'm getting on the internet and that is it. I feel sorry for you Teara. :disappoin

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 08:57 AM
It's not like that at my high school we get to do almost anything we want since we can just go there and sign up to use 'em during whenever we have break or freetime from class or lunch.....still the only thing we cant do is bring c.d.'s

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 09:08 AM
Hmmm...maybe it's just because of what grade I'm in. Did it seem like teachers are harsher in middle schools to anyone else? When I lived in Arizona, one of my friends went to middle school while I was still in elementry, he said it was really strict there.
If that's the case than I guess I'm in luck! this is my last year before high school...yeah?

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 09:16 AM
Middle school was one of the easyer school's i've had to go to alothugh i went to 4 that might be why but i alway's thoguht those teachers were easy...then again so are high school one's.

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 09:18 AM
Yea, middle school is pretty easy =/

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 09:41 AM
I hated it so munch.!!!****

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 09:45 AM
Well, you must have had some bad experiences there to hate it so bad

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 09:52 AM
Well there was that whole i got jumped by the whole class in 7th grade thing...then again i had to lern to fight after that so now noone mess's with me.

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 09:53 AM
*-* book...report...monday...
I forgot about it! I haven't even chosen a book yet...eee.
Anywho, I don't like middle school either. It's like being the middle child, not small and cute anymore, but not big and important either.

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 09:55 AM
Middle school is ok, i have a lot of friends, so that makes it easier.High school's gonna rock though!

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 09:57 AM
Eh...high school's not all it's cracked up to be...

JoWood
February 21st, 2004, 09:59 AM
Well there was that whole i got jumped by the whole class in 7th grade thing...then again i had to lern to fight after that so now noone mess's with me.

The whole class!!!? :dead:

Well, I hope I can just survive in High School. Four years of Lies, Drugs, Peer-pressure. All that stuff. I dunno if I'm ready 4 it. :dead:

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 10:02 AM
it's not all that bad...you get a food dish some play time with the mster's it's allright.

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 10:29 AM
I'll be happy to go to high school^^ I don't think I'll have any problems, I have alot of friends in high school and I don't get messed with at my current school either. The only people that bug me are all the pervs that bother me *cough*.

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 10:31 AM
I use to get that problem to...wich is strange considering i'm a guy and i had a lot of guy's hitting on me

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 10:38 AM
I use to get that problem to...wich is strange considering i'm a guy and i had a lot of guy's hitting on me
Really...thats um... interesting...@_@ I hate my fifth hour class, I have to sit by a dude that is not only a perv but has also asked me out 5 times...in less than 2 months. He just gave me a braclet on Friday, when he asked me out for the 5th time, I'll probably give it back though.

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2004, 10:44 AM
If i were u i'd go with him.

Well i got to go for the rest of the weekend see everyone on monday.!

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 10:59 AM
c'ya! but...he smells funny(stinky)...and he's weird(annoying)...oh, well. Besides I just broke up w/ my old b/f and I want to stay single for a while. :(

22sa
February 21st, 2004, 05:17 PM
If my teacher had X-Ray vision, he would look through people's clothes :P:P
That's what Edmontonians teachers here would do. 3 Teachers were fired last year because of being pervs, and one of them was my old landlord who kept calling girls to bend over (So he can look down their shirts) in his Social Studies classroom.

*~Ashley~*
February 21st, 2004, 05:25 PM
That's what Edmontonians teachers here would do. 3 Teachers were fired last year because of being pervs, and one of them was my old landlord who kept calling girls to bend over (So he can look down their shirts) in his Social Studies classroom.
i heard one of the 7th grade social studies teachers at my middle school was like that too. i didn't have him though. he would make girls bend over to tie their shoes so he could look down their shirts and lets guys put their foot on their chairs to tie theirs. i'm glad i didn't have him. i also heard he won the lottery or something. weird.

John Denver
February 21st, 2004, 05:28 PM
I had a teacher once, who was SOOOOO GAY!! It wasn't the fact that he was gay that bothered everybody, it's that he would tell eveyrone he was straight...

Then he was fired...ya know why? He had GAY PORNO in his desk...gross gross stuff...

BEEEEW ya!

Cherrim
February 21st, 2004, 05:35 PM
._.;; Your teacher kept pornography on his desk? That's... bad. o.o; I'd have no problem with his orientation, but seeing stuff like that in a classroom environment.. Agh.. >_> It's bad enough to see it anywhere else.

I don't have any teachers like that, thankfully. ^_^;; I had this weird one last year, though. He told us about his "first time". o.o;; He was our religion/geography teacher. I'm so glad I don't go to that school anymore. *shudder*

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 05:37 PM
...eww...eww?...EEEWWWW! That's a little too much info -_0
I got a teacher fired once because he always came really close to girls when he spoke so he could look down their shirts. He looked like a rat too.

John Denver
February 21st, 2004, 05:37 PM
whoa, that's like sitting in your grannies lap and she goes...

"Well sonny, let me tell you about the time I lost my virginity."

Gross! We don't want to KNOOOOW!! HAH!!

ahhh iiit's BOO ya!

Cherrim
February 21st, 2004, 05:53 PM
._.;; It was terrible, believe me. He didn't go into DETAIL, but it was still very disturbing. "I was 21, in college, and one night a few friends and I decided to go to a party at another dorm....." @_@;; Um... hello? We were in grade 8 and we didn't plan on being scarred for life so soon!

He still teaches there, too. o.o

Kairi
February 21st, 2004, 05:58 PM
When he goes into detail about the act and such, thats when scarring occurs. X.x; Wow, I have so little to add to this thread, so uhhyeah bye. o.o

Frostweaver
February 21st, 2004, 06:01 PM
*lol... wonder why Kairi? ;p *c* *

*heh... Edmonton schools hire "professional sex-talk speakers" to health class and explain these kind of stuff... Frosty thinks that they try to make the kids feel like they're actually alike or something by using slang terms as well (to fit in so the kids will listen, he guesses). They answer the strangest questions that no one "normal" really needs to know, such as length of... yeah... o.o;*

Kairi
February 21st, 2004, 06:06 PM
I get that question answered in my inbox everyday, but Im getting off topic and really dont belong in this one *runs* Although some kids might think they have to be subconscious about it due to all the media and spam? =\ *runs faster*

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 06:11 PM
Our health teacher is really young so he has no problem talking about it...sometimes he talks a little TOO much though. The pathetic part is all the girls spend their health class sitting and drooling at the sight of him...I don't see the appeal of an older man...unless...it's officer Woolery...
*drool*
*drool*

Cherrim
February 21st, 2004, 06:11 PM
@_@ Yeah, my school hires people like that, too. For religion last semester, we had very biased people come into talk to us about stem & cell research and then the same people came in to talk about abortion. Now, my school is Roman Catholic, and any opposing opinions anyone had were immedietly shot down. It was so annoying, although the one on abortion really WAS useful since I learned a lot. o.o;;

22sa
February 21st, 2004, 06:27 PM
Our health teacher is really young so he has no problem talking about it...sometimes he talks a little TOO much though. The pathetic part is all the girls spend their health class sitting and drooling at the sight of him...I don't see the appeal of an older man...unless...it's officer Woolery...
*drool*
*drool*
Meh, girls just don't care about age like guys I guess.

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 06:31 PM
Meh, girls just don't care about age like guys I guess.
I'm not really atracted to him, I just think he's really good looking. Hehehe, we went job showdowing for carreer ed once and I went to the police station, ;)

Frostweaver
February 21st, 2004, 06:35 PM
*job shadowing is quite useless... when you go job shadowing at the church that you always attend every friday night and sunday morning... it's quite meaningless as you know that place so well already that there's no need for job shadowing. -_-; *

22sa
February 21st, 2004, 06:47 PM
lol, I went several places for job shadowing - My Kung Fu teacher - for photography and one of his class - & my Kung Fu teacher's teacher teaching (lol) the farmers' kids to the west of Edmonton lol XD

Dizzy
February 21st, 2004, 09:48 PM
You take Kung Fu too 22sa? I love Kung Fu! I go on Saturdays now, My Uncle is an instructor so it makes it even more fun.

22sa
February 21st, 2004, 09:56 PM
You take Kung Fu too 22sa? I love Kung Fu! I go on Saturdays now, My Uncle is an instructor so it makes it even more fun.
I use to take Kung Fu two years ago. By now I've forgotten the huge portion of what was taught, because, I don't practice. But ya, it was quite the class.

Kairi
February 22nd, 2004, 11:26 AM
Thats good! You can defend yourself when youre out in the real world socializing like DT! ;p

Teara
February 22nd, 2004, 11:56 AM
hehe, I defend myself with sticks...My uncle instructs Karate, but he lives up in...umm...either Michegen or Illinois. I'd like to take Kung fu (hehe, I love that word) but I can't until June(my b-day) because right now I'm 13 and they only give classes to people ages 9-12 & 14-18...this town is weird...-_-

*~Ashley~*
February 22nd, 2004, 03:03 PM
oh no! today's my last day of vacation. i have to go back to school tomorrow which means i have to wake up early tomorrow! and it's monday so i have all my classes. oh man i don't want feb. vacation to be over already. :(

22sa
February 22nd, 2004, 03:35 PM
Thats good! You can defend yourself when youre out in the real world socializing like DT! ;p
You mean me? Defend myself from what? BTW, I meant it when I said I forgot my Kung Fu.

DragonTrainer
February 22nd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Karate eh?Yea, I never knew karate, but I have pepper spray!(Actually, no i don't ._.)

22sa
February 22nd, 2004, 04:39 PM
Hey is pepper spray legal or only cops can carry it arround?

Kairi
February 22nd, 2004, 04:43 PM
I dont know about kids in school, but its legal to carry it on the streets anyways. =\

PM2008
February 22nd, 2004, 04:45 PM
oh no! today's my last day of vacation. i have to go back to school tomorrow which means i have to wake up early tomorrow! and it's monday so i have all my classes. oh man i don't want feb. vacation to be over already. :(

Where do you live? :surprised

Teara
February 22nd, 2004, 04:48 PM
It must be leagal, I get a catalog that sells it...than again they also sell tasers, granades, crossbows, and anything else that can be considerd dangerous.
*suddenly remembers it's Sunday*
EEEEE! I have a book report due tomarrow! I haven't even chosen a book...
*gulp*

*~Ashley~*
February 22nd, 2004, 04:52 PM
Where do you live? :surprised
i live in connecticut... why?

Cassie-chan
February 24th, 2004, 03:58 PM
A girl in my passed a note to her friend. That friend gave the note to the teacher because it said that the girl was going to kill the teacher. The girl is on her way to coart now.

Miyu-chan
February 24th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Whoa... what grade is she in? o.o;

Dizzy
February 24th, 2004, 07:12 PM
There was a false bombing at my school, the kids are in Jail now. It was on CNN for like... a year lol.

*~Ashley~*
February 25th, 2004, 11:37 AM
i remember back in 8th grade i think it was this girl made up a hit list. i wasn't on it...thank God... but some of my friends were. she made it cause this guy she liked was going out with someone else. that's a stupid reason to make up a hit list. when the principal finally found out i'm not sure if she was expelled or just suspended. we thought she was being sent to a catholic school or something by her parents. but then at the end of the year she came back to our school. why? i have no idea. nobody really likes her anyways.

On a lighter note... i only had 1 real class today! why do you ask? well i had english 1st thing and we played jeopardy for bonus points...my team lost :( . oh well we still got 1/2 point. then the next 2 periods i had to take the AMC (American Math Competition). it was HARD. i think i did worse than last year. then i had gym followed by study hall. last thing i had treble choir but we had to watch the teaser for the play. and since i had chorus during that play we saw the teaser twice. it was a pretty boring day... but it was hilarious to see all the guys in the play with heavy, and i mean HEAVY make-up on! it was so funny!

Teara
February 25th, 2004, 11:43 AM
I wasn't in school yesterday, or today. Too sick :( At least I don't have to give my book report (wich I really should do since it was due monday)^_^
We get threats on our school sometimes. But we get about a million fire drills a month. I know who does it too^_- It's fun in warm weather but when it's cold outside it's not a very cute prank :p

Cassie-chan
February 25th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Whoa... what grade is she in? o.o;

She is in my 5th grate class. She was back at school today, too. Scary Scary...

Cherrim
February 25th, 2004, 03:43 PM
._. Apparently my school had a lot of bomb threats last year... I'm glad I wasn't there for it. Although it sounded a little fun because it happened during the winter so everyone went to the mall right near my school. XD

I've run into a crisis at school. Since I'm in this special art program where we take 2 art classes every year, I don't get any electives next year because Art takes up both of them. (We have 6 mandatory courses and 2 that we get to pick in grade 10.) I really want to take both French AND computer science next year. I'm hoping to do History this July and Career Studies/Civics next July. Therefore, I've just killed any chance of having a good summer for the next two years of my life. -_-;; But, I'll have less of a workload over the year, I'm hoping. ;_; But I don't WANT to go to school in July. *sighs*

Flaming Torchic
February 25th, 2004, 03:54 PM
._. Apparently my school had a lot of bomb threats last year... I'm glad I wasn't there for it. Although it sounded a little fun because it happened during the winter so everyone went to the mall right near my school. XD

I've run into a crisis at school. Since I'm in this special art program where we take 2 art classes every year, I don't get any electives next year because Art takes up both of them. (We have 6 mandatory courses and 2 that we get to pick in grade 10.) I really want to take both French AND computer science next year. I'm hoping to do History this July and Career Studies/Civics next July. Therefore, I've just killed any chance of having a good summer for the next two years of my life. -_-;; But, I'll have less of a workload over the year, I'm hoping. ;_; But I don't WANT to go to school in July. *sighs*

Same here, I am advised to go and make up for the course I failed due to just pure lack of effort, but there is no way in heck that I am gonna spend 3 WEEKS of MY summer doing this, I'm just gonna make it up next year.

Well, right now although I failed a class in semester 1, semester 2 is working out pretty good, in my science class we have some elements assignment due on monday, but its all cool. And in math we have a bit of algebra, which is one of the most easiest formulas in math that I have ever had the pleasure to learn, so I'm cool. =)

digi-kun
February 25th, 2004, 05:01 PM
today in school i...lol
i learned how to make those fancy swirly CD designs with ur cd player

Latios Master
February 25th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I actually got homework today, lol. Yesterday I didn't get homework. It was great. I was hoping for no homework, since I had to play for pep band at our varsity boy's basketball game. We won too, against our biggest rival school. The score was 70-52. Our team is like the 2nd best in our state. :) The homework I got was math. How boring...

Teara
February 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Math is evil, it's my worst subject-__- Next year I'm going to take photography if I can actually remember to turn in my sign up sheet in time. Not like I did this past year, I ended up getting a bunch of classes I didn't want ;(

Flaming Torchic
February 25th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Math is evil, it's my worst subject-__- Next year I'm going to take photography if I can actually remember to turn in my sign up sheet in time. Not like I did this past year, I ended up getting a bunch of classes I didn't want ;(

Yeah, Math is always my worst subject, it always takes the most brain power to complete, I sometimes get confused by it @_@ Although, alot of people have trouble with Math...

Teara
February 25th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Yeah, Math is always my worst subject, it always takes the most brain power to complete, I sometimes get confused by it @_@ Although, alot of people have trouble with Math...
Math is the worst subject of nearly everyone I know. Than again, it dosn't help that our math teacher looks, smell, talks, and acts like a rat/ mole. It dosn't really seem to matter if I try hard or not in that class he hates me so I can't get an A in that class...darn Mr. Mole... :badsmile:

*~Ashley~*
February 25th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Math is the worst subject of nearly everyone I know. Than again, it dosn't help that our math teacher looks, smell, talks, and acts like a rat/ mole. It dosn't really seem to matter if I try hard or not in that class he hates me so I can't get an A in that class...darn Mr. Mole... :badsmile:
i'm actually good in math. i have always been. i don't really like it especially geometry but for some unknown reason i am good at math.

a lot of math teachers are weird and weird looking. my algebra II teacher last year looked like mr. bean and it was a female teacher. that's scary! my 8th grade teacher was really nice though. he used to moo, yes like a cow and it was hilarious. he was the best math teacher i've ever had. my 7th grade teacher was going to put me down a level in math cause of my grade but then later in june she called my house and told my mom that the only reason my grade was lower was cause i didn't do all my homework. so she let me stay at the higher level.

digi-kun
February 25th, 2004, 07:00 PM
i good at math, suck at language arts

John Denver
February 25th, 2004, 07:21 PM
HAH! I'm geting all A's! SHIZZAH!!

I'm so happy I could eat my arms off...wait...that wouldn't help any...hmm

*eats one arm off*

BOO ya!

Teara
February 25th, 2004, 07:36 PM
HAH! I'm geting all A's! SHIZZAH!!

I'm so happy I could eat my arms off...wait...that wouldn't help any...hmm

*eats one arm off*

BOO ya!
watches Dakota eat his arm*
...@_@...okaaaaay than...have fun with that.
*walks away cautiosly*
:P
I usually get all A's & a couple of B's sometimes but this quarter I got a C because of a certain corrupt science teacher-_-

Miyu-chan
February 25th, 2004, 07:47 PM
I'll probually get mostly As... cept in French... >.>; I can tell I'm doing horribaly. >"<

*~Ashley~*
February 26th, 2004, 11:40 AM
I almost always get a's and b's. the only exceptions were last year for science in ICP. i hated that class. it was sooooo hard. really i almost failed but pulled off a c by the end of the year. and this year in civics/world history i had a c because i get d's on almost all the pop quizzes. i've never gotten a 100 on one yet.

Pokemaster10000
February 26th, 2004, 11:53 AM

Math is the easiest. I mostly get 100% and the wierdest thing is that I never study. O.o

*~Ashley~*
February 26th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Math is the easiest. I mostly get 100% and the wierdest thing is that I never study. O.o
math has always come easy for me too. but how exactly do you study for math. i mean really. there's not much to study except the equations needed and possibly vocab. but then again i don't really study for anything... i know it's a bad habit but i just can't study for things.

Pokemaster10000
February 26th, 2004, 12:15 PM
math has always come easy for me too. but how exactly do you study for math. i mean really. there's not much to study except the equations needed and possibly vocab. but then again i don't really study for anything... i know it's a bad habit but i just can't study for things.
*gasps* me too. I never study for anything especially when I know everything my math teacher is teaching. I'm just bad in science.

*~Ashley~*
February 26th, 2004, 12:30 PM
*gasps* me too. I never study for anything especially when I know everything my math teacher is teaching. I'm just bad in science.
science eh? yeah well you see i'm sometimes good at science. it all depends on what type. last year i took ICP (intro to chemistry and physics). BIG MISTAKE. it was the hardest class i had ever taken. i got a D on the midterm... with a 10pt curve. i got a 61... meaning w/ the 10 pts i just barely passed. This year, however, is the easiest thing ever. bio. it's basically a combo of my last 3 years of science.

everything i learned in 8th grade i learned well cause my teacher was boring and repeated everything at least 100 times. he would stare out the back window, which scared me because i sat in the back. i think he hated me. i would sit in his class and do my other homework but still ace all his tests. then in my yearbook he wrote, "to a future scientist." i looked at him all weird and he was like, "what you don't want to be a scientist?" no i don't want to be a scientist! then he listed off tons of other jobs for me. he scared me. science teachers are weird... another thing he did weird was he had this CD of science songs. ugh. the worst songs i had ever heard. i remember one was called M times V just a little momentum... yeah it was a song someone had sung about mass times velocity. that scarred me for life.

Pokemaster10000
February 26th, 2004, 01:16 PM
he scared me. science teachers are weird... another thing he did weird was he had this CD of science songs. ugh. the worst songs i had ever heard. i remember one was called M times V just a little momentum... yeah it was a song someone had sung about mass times velocity. that scarred me for life.

lol, that reminded me of my math teacher singing a song about the sun. :P
It okay but I felt pretty wierd singing that.

*~Ashley~*
February 26th, 2004, 03:27 PM
well a song about the sun is nowhere near as bad as a song about momentum. and it was one of those songs that gets stuck in your head easily...

the teacher i hated the most i had last year though. Mr. Scanlon. I HATED HIM. and i am not exaggerating when i say that. he was my spanish teacher. in 7th and 8th grade i was in the top 2 in my class. i'm really good at languages cause my grandmother speaks italian and i took italian for 3 years prior to starting spanish. well anyway i got stuck in his class. he was the worst teacher ever. i honestly don't think he even knew spanish. he had this book for law enforcers to learn spanish... so it had useless phrases. i can honestly say i forgot more spanish than i learned. i learned more from Dora the Explorer than from him. yeah. he would pass out tons of packets... our midterm was made up of 2 giant packets (complete with crosswords and word searches). once on my friends report card he wrote that she needed to stay after school with him... and she got an A. later we asked him why and he said that he thought it was fun for her and "miss campos" (that was his nickname for me, and i hated it cuz it's not my name) to stay after school with him. now that grossed us out and we went to guidance about that one. once he even threatened us... kinda. he was in a bad mood and he said, "don't bother me, i've got a lighter (or it might've been a pocket knife) in my pocket" we did get him fired though! but unfortunantly he had to finish out the school year with us. another thing he did that really ticked me off was this. i get this really bad cough thing every year. i don't know why i just do. so i kept coughing in his class. then he tried to get me to have these nasty cough drops that he kept in his pocket. i told him i had my own. then later during class he kept bothering me and putting on this puppy dog pout face to make me feel sorry for him. then i lost it. i'm normally a really shy and quiet student but i just lost it and basically i yelled at him to leave me alone. it was really funny. but one good thing about him was he was gullible. on my progress reports he would put comments. if i didn't like the comment or grade for that matter that he put (once he said i needed to participate in class when i was the only one who would) i would ask him to change it... and he would.

sorry bout the long post. his name came up in school and i just wanted to get that off my chest. i know you guys didn't really want to hear about that but if i could write that much about him... and there's more... then i really must've disliked him.

Pokemaster10000
February 26th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I have a crazy Italian teacher. :P

22sa
February 26th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Almost everyone here has straight As. ;-; Funny, I'm one of the few that's almost done with High School yet my marks haven't matured to that level yet.

Pokemaster10000
February 27th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I guess I'm borned with an advanced brain. :P

DragonTrainer
February 27th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Yea, I think you were "borned" with it too :P

Pokemaster10000
February 29th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Yea, I think you were "borned" with it too :P

I think I'm smarter than my parents. :P

DragonTrainer
February 29th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Lol, I'm th genius of the whole family :P

22sa
February 29th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Nah, I just happened to develop slower then the rest of you. :P ;-;

DragonTrainer
February 29th, 2004, 06:04 PM
It's ok 22sa, we know that you're slow :P XD

Latios Master
March 1st, 2004, 04:28 PM
I didn't get any homework again today. :P I had a test in Biology class today though, and in Biology class tomarrow we have to disect(sp?) a fish. A Perch. I don't like disecting...

*~Ashley~*
March 1st, 2004, 04:31 PM
I didn't get any homework again today. :P I had a test in Biology class today though, and in Biology class tomarrow we have to disect(sp?) a fish. A Perch. I don't like disecting...
you have to? we get a choice whether or not we want to. in one of the other classes they disect a pig. that's disgusting. the only thing i ever have or will disect was worms in 4th grade. but that was fun!

Latios Master
March 1st, 2004, 04:35 PM
you have to? we get a choice whether or not we want to. in one of the other classes they disect a pig. that's disgusting. the only thing i ever have or will disect was worms in 4th grade. but that was fun! Yes, we have too... I think it's part of our grade. We have to disect a pig at the end of the year...

*~Ashley~*
March 1st, 2004, 04:48 PM
Yes, we have too... I think it's part of our grade. We have to disect a pig at the end of the year...
you shouldn't have to if you don't want to. they shouldn't force you to do something you think is wrong or in this case maybe disgusting. my bio teacher said for extra credit we can go after school to disect a frog. i like frogs, so i'll pass on that one.

Pokemaster10000
March 1st, 2004, 04:54 PM
you shouldn't have to if you don't want to. they shouldn't force you to do something you think is wrong or in this case maybe disgusting. my bio teacher said for extra credit we can go after school to disect a frog. i like frogs, so i'll pass on that one.

Disecting?! Me no like killing. I won't even hurt a fly.
*sees a fly*....*swat*
It's just diguting to me.

Latios Master
March 1st, 2004, 04:58 PM
I wished it was a choice, but unfortunately it's not. We've had to disect other things too, like a grasshopper where we had to take it apart and put different pieces of it on different parts of a picture of a grasshopper.

Miyu-chan
March 1st, 2004, 05:06 PM
My cousin said something about having to do the frog thingy in JHS, but his friend, who was an animal lover, pleaded not to do it, so the teacher made him take all the chocolate chips out of a chocolate chip cookie. n_n; I think I don't have biology though....

Pokemaster10000
March 1st, 2004, 06:37 PM
My cousin said something about having to do the frog thingy in JHS, but his friend, who was an animal lover, pleaded not to do it, so the teacher made him take all the chocolate chips out of a chocolate chip cookie. n_n; I think I don't have biology though....

lol, Pulling chocolate chips? that's really going to help your cousin's friend learn about the animal body. :P

John Denver
March 1st, 2004, 06:56 PM
I woulda eaten the stupid cookie and say that's how the circle of life works. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the cookies eat the grass....

Lion King...the only movie I've ever cried at :) heh

BOO ya!

Teara
March 1st, 2004, 06:58 PM
I am terrebly afraid of haveing to cut opean a frog, I hate hurting animals, even dead ones. Teara was at the highschool one day while they were doing that and walked in on them...she got sick...I don't think I was supposed to say that.

Latios Master
March 1st, 2004, 07:05 PM
In my 7th grade Science class, we had to get in groups of 3 and disect a frog. We had to find certain frog parts, and my group messed up with cutting and stuff. We couldn't find a thing. Before that we disected a worm, and before that we disected a bean to get ready for the worm. Now in 10th grade, we disect a lot more.