View Full Version : Pokemon Quest

February 14th, 2004, 1:55 PM
Since everyone else made their own RP, I guess I will as well. Now that you know the reasoning, let's roleplay...
We start in Hoenn, then progress to Johto, then Kanto. We are looking for badges, pokemon, and trainers to whip. Ehehe.

Fashion your character description after mine. You can start with any unevolved non-legendary pokemon EXCEPT:

This is to ensure that some people don't go power crazy and get the strongest pokemon in the universe.

Name: Sam
Description: Has black hair, a hat that reads: "I Am The Elite!", black jeans, and a blue T-shirt.
Starter: Ralts
Other notes: Is psychic

I hope lotsa people look and see this RPG! Ehehe...

February 14th, 2004, 3:16 PM
Name: Marina
Description: Long blue hair, White sleeveles shirt, Dark blue shorts
Starter: Swablu
Other notes: She's innocent, kind and childish

February 14th, 2004, 4:36 PM
so you like saying ui can't have like Datini or Larvitar...thats RETARTED
Name:Zera Basuri
Pokemon:Aron(or Dratini if i'm aloud)
Discription-Black hat on the side a bit,Red 3 quarter shorts,Silver Jumper around his waist and a grey t-shirt

February 14th, 2004, 4:53 PM
Well... I don't think you're power crazy. Okeday, you can have dratini!
NOTE: Anyone can still join, but I'm starting the RPG now. Just post your char data, and I'll jump you in somehow that meshes with the plotline.

I ran downstairs. Today was the day that the Pokemon Profsesor Elm gave me my pokeballs. Me and my friends, Marina, and Zera, already had our pokemon from 3 years ago, when Elm deemed us worthy of having pokemon. We were also getting our official Pokemon Trainer's license today. We would be allowed to train and battle our pokemon. Whee!

My mom caught me at the door. "Today is the day, isn't it?" She asked. I nodded my head. <Yup.> "Call your friends and check if they are going!" I rolled my eyes. <Mom, I am absolutely sure that they are coming. After all, what are the odds?> My mom nodded reluctantly. "90.8 to one." My mom loved quoting odds and chances.

I hooked up with Zera and Marina outside Elm's lab. <Let's do this.> I broudcasted my thought to them.

February 15th, 2004, 1:57 AM
"ok"*gives the thumbs up.walking down a path*

paige pelletier
February 15th, 2004, 4:15 AM
(um can i join?) :classic:
Name Paige
Gender Female
Age 11
Description long black hair (sailor moon style!) brown eyes t shirt that has the pokemon leage symbol on it jeans jaket tied to waste and a backpack and sneakers
Pokemon PikachU
Other Notes courious innocent always has to be watched has atendentcee to run around then gets lost um can levatate!

February 15th, 2004, 6:02 AM
Ok, you're in. Extend Message to 25 characters? ... Maybe that was too short.

February 15th, 2004, 6:40 AM
We were walking down the path, when I heard a rustling in the trees. I turned questioningly to my friends. <Did you hear that?> I asked. Marina nodded. <Maybe it's a pokemon. Let's ignore and shield ourself.> I placed a telekinesis shield up over ourselves. We were still not allowed to battle yet. There was a VERY loud rustling in the trees, and something fell out. Two somethings. <Argh!!> I said as my shield sagged. It hurt. I brought it to the ground. It was a person.
Well, 2 people.
I'm going to let you decide what happens next! Heh. That was Paige and Rachel.

February 15th, 2004, 7:55 AM
I'm new here but is it too late to join?

Description:Has brown hair down to sholders, A lavender sweater with a Ponyta on it, and blue jeans.
Other Notes:Is kind but annoying; gets bad feeling when something terrible will/has happened
(Is this like the game? Are there TMs and HMs? Can you enter your pokemon in contests and feed them berries?)

February 15th, 2004, 9:04 AM
Nope, not too late. I'll edit my earlier post to say that 2 people fell out of the tree. TMs and HMs: Yes Berries: Yes Contests: Yes Anything Else: Depends

February 15th, 2004, 2:45 PM
Hey Latios184, if your doing the story with you as the first person viewer, how can we write out the story too?

February 15th, 2004, 5:32 PM
Huh? You can also write as first person. As your character.

February 17th, 2004, 11:07 PM
This is my first time RPing, but it seems fun, so I'll try it.

Name: Zack Riddle
Description: Has brown hair, Navy Blue jeans, and a Yellow T-shirt.
Starter: Scyther (would it be possible to have/catch a golem as well? that's my 2nd favorite pokemon)

I hope you can fit me in somehow.

February 18th, 2004, 6:26 PM
Won't anyone else roleplay? Am I the only one posting? C'mon!

February 18th, 2004, 6:29 PM
Won't anyone else roleplay? Am I the only one posting? C'mon!
I think we need you to give the plot a bit of a jolt, okay, two people fall on top of you guys, what next?

February 19th, 2004, 8:16 AM
Can I join???

February 20th, 2004, 3:19 PM
Sure, you can join. Ok, now I know why people limit the # of people. How are we supposed to jump them all in? Heh. Eheh. 2 more people are allowed to join.

February 20th, 2004, 7:59 PM
umm can I
Starter: Pikachu Nicknamed Sparky
Discriptions:Red spicky hair,Black polo shirt,army pants,black vest

February 23rd, 2004, 12:58 PM
We walked into the lab for the end of the path. <Ummm.... Professor Elm? We're here to get our license/pokemon?> There were a couple of other trainers here(Lance, Kewina, Zack) to get their licenses, too.
Please, someone.... Post.......

February 23rd, 2004, 1:18 PM
Oak finished my liscense, and handed it to me "Thanks" I said, and he replied "No problem at all, I enjoy seeing new trainers starting off on their adventures."

I put my liscense in my wallet and walked outside the door, and looked around. It was a good day, nice and sunny, there was a word for it, I thought. "Boring".

Just then, as though my wish for excitment had been granted, I heard a scream. I rushed in the direction of the sound, and I heard the door to the lab open behind me as people ran out of the lab and followed.

(I'd post more, but I need to know, is it allowed for me to catch a golem? it is my 2nd favorite pokemon, if not, then I'll just defeat it, probably with the help of you guys)

February 23rd, 2004, 5:02 PM
Sure. Stupid 25 character rule...

February 23rd, 2004, 5:12 PM
Rachel: **Is laying on the floor where she fell out of the tree, waiting for her part.**

February 23rd, 2004, 6:06 PM

I rushed towards the scream, to find that someone had tripped over a huge rock, that was now shaking as though it were alive. Then, as it rose out of the ground, I saw it WAS alive, it was a pokemon!

I aimed the sensor on my pokedex towards it, and pressed the info button.

"Golem, the Megaton pokemon" It said in a hollow, mechanical voice "Its rock-like body is so durable, even high-powered dynamite blasts fail to scratch its rugged hide."

"This will be a great first battle" I thought, and threw out my pokebal containing scyther
"Okay scyther, here we go, our first officlial battle! Slash it!" I said, and scyther rushed forward, and whiped his right scyther at extraordinary speed, a devastating blow... or it would have been, if golem showed any signs of being hit other than glaring at scyther.

"Ookay, scyther fly up out of range... NOW!" I shouted, and scyther flew up just in time as two thundershocks from oposite directions hit it. I looked and saw the other trainers attacking it, then golem roared, and started rolling at them! Well, I wouldn't let them interfere with MY battle, I'd have to end this quickly.

"Scyther, use Siesmic(sp?) Toss!" and scyther flew next to golem, only a few feet from making pancakes out of he trainers, he latched onto golem with his scythes, and had no effect but lots of sparks. "Let your right scythe go!" I shouted, and when he did, golem went skidding left, right into a tree, but it couldn't stop it's momentum was so high. "Keep it going scyther, and keep ramming it into... stuff" (all the other people nearby did the anime style facefall at this) I said, and scyther began speeding it up, and it kept toppling trees easily, then I had another idea.

"Send it towards the ravine!" I shouted, and began running in that direction while scyther turned golem around. I got close enough too see what happened as it did, I saw scyther fly up away from it, as it began to skid on the loose wet sand, and jump inches into the air as it hit large rocks, and then it crashed into the shallow river, maddly spinning sideways now, but still had enough momentum to send it crashing into a tree on the other side, but didn't topple it, when I looked at its face, it was unconscious, it worked!

I heard the others coming, and knew I had no time to waste, I got one the spare poke balls I had been given with my liscense, and tossed it at golem, it dissapeared in a flash of light, and the poke ball began to rock, once... twice... three times.... *click* "YEAHOOO! IT WORKED!" I yelled, just as the others came close enough to see what had happened.

February 23rd, 2004, 6:10 PM
Rachel: **Has fallen asleep under the tree**

February 23rd, 2004, 7:18 PM
Rachel: **Has fallen asleep under the tree**
I think we've moved past that part, unless I am mistaken, you are with the others as you followed that golem, and just saw me capture it.

February 23rd, 2004, 8:13 PM
am i now picking my starter? if yes i want treecko

February 23rd, 2004, 8:25 PM
am i now picking my starter? if yes i want treecko

Umm, look at some of the previous posts, yes I beleive you go back and get your pokemon, but I kinda expected someone to be suprised that a rookie trainer caught a golem and soandso, but yes, go ahead.

February 24th, 2004, 1:20 PM
Nice new avatar, deoxys. Wow. That's a preeety long post. The only person I know that posts any longer than that is Kenta147. Not at this board.
Everyone had gotten to the battle scene just in time to see the end. There was a low murmur. Professor Birch emerged from the "audience". "Wow." he said. "NEVER. in ALL of my years as a pokemon professor have I seen a capture so.... Spectacular. You should be proud."

There was scattered applause from the six person crowd. I stared. Cool, I thought to myself. I bet I could do that someday.

February 24th, 2004, 1:44 PM
**Is rendered speechless, staring at the guy who caught the Golem**

February 24th, 2004, 1:49 PM
I was a bit shocked about how well that worked, but I didn't let it show, I bowed at the auplause, and said "Thanks." Then I looked aorund, decided, and said "There isn't much reason for me to hang around here, now that I have my first liscense and two pokemon, so I'm gonna stop at the pokemart, and then be on my way." Then I started walking towards the direction of town

February 27th, 2004, 1:38 PM
<Let's follow him.> I whispered to the others. <Maybe he can teach us a thing or two. Professor said he had natural talent.> Everybody already having gotten their pokemon/licenses, nodded. <Yeah! The quest to be the best!> I said.

"Hey, wait up!" Called Zera as we neared him. "Yes? What is it?" <What's your name?> "I am Zack. Zack Riddle. And yours?" I went over, introducing every one of the people, and those who I didn't know introduced themselves. "Anyways... We were wondering if we could, um, travel with you?" Asked Paige. "Sure. Just... Keep the sound level at a maximum of a dull roar." I grinned. I liked this guy.

"So, how did you do it again?" asked Paige for the... Not sure of the number. She'd asked a lot. Zack seemed annoyed, for good reason. "I told you, I don't really know. Please, talk to Sam for a while." <Hunh?> My head snapped up. Zack laughed. "I was only kidding." Zera yelled from somewhere up the path, "Hey guys! I think I found a Pokemon!" My face brightened. I hated missing battles. I watched them whenever I got a chance. On TV, outdoors... Anywhere, anytime was the perfect time for a battle.

I took out my trusty... Bag of Popcorn! *Creepy music in background* I don't really know how to talk through a battle, so here goes nothing:

A Zigzagoon popped its head up from the grass. "Buyoh!" It said. I assumed that was its battle cry. "I choose Ralts!!" I yelled. Ralts appeared in a flash of light. There was a pause, in which Zigzagoon was sizing up Ralts and Ralts was sizing up Zigzagoon. "Gaahh!" Zigzagoon made the first move, sprinting towards Ralts like a runner on the 50-yard dash. Ralts dodged. "Ralts, use Confusion!!" I called. Ralts moved its head, obviously confused. I smacked myself in the forehead. "Tackle it!" Ralts nodded and started slithering nimbly towards the now running away Zigzagoon. Then both started going down a hill. "Raaalts!" Ralts tripped on a stick, then started rolling. We were running to keep up, but it was too late. Ralts and Zigzagoon disappeared at the other side of the hill. There was a loud CRASH! and we got there to see what happened. Ralts was looking ready to barf and Zigzagoon was out of it. "Yay!" I cheered.

February 27th, 2004, 2:42 PM
(actually, that is amazing for a first time writing a battle scene.)

looked over at Sam cheering, and then to the unconscious Zigzagoon.

Then I looked at the now dancing Sam.

Then I looked at Zigzagoon again.

"Now would probably be a good time to use a pokeball, before it recovers." I said.

March 2nd, 2004, 5:57 PM

*Stares at Zigzagoon*

*Throws pokeball*

*Pokeball Wiggles*

*Sam dies of suspense*

*This could take a while*

*I hate asterisks*

*Pokeball captures zigzagoon*

*Sam yells, <Wee!> Picks up pokeball, and laughs maniacally*

C'mon people, post post post!!!

Raichu Master
March 3rd, 2004, 4:34 AM
Can I join? Is it too late?

Name: Johann
Pokemon: Machop (Oh my god! I'm not starting with Pikachu! The world is going to end! If you have no clue what I'm talking about all the rps I'm in here I start with Pikachu.)
Description: (I'm getting tired of posting this) Faded blue jeans, black muscle shirt, latest And 1 shoe, and sometimes wears a cowboy hat and black shades.

March 3rd, 2004, 10:13 AM
Can I join? Is it too late?

Description: (I'm getting tired of posting this) Faded blue jeans, black muscle shirt, latest And 1 shoe, and sometimes wears a cowboy hat and black shades.

OOC Copy and paste is your friend :P

March 5th, 2004, 7:00 PM
I agree. Yes, you can join, but PLEASE don't join if you won't post(like half of the people here).

March 6th, 2004, 8:32 PM
how do i post am i inside or out side?

March 7th, 2004, 11:22 AM
You're outside with us. You have your starter.

March 11th, 2004, 1:01 PM
You're outside with us. You have your starter.

October 2nd, 2004, 5:22 PM
name:cody/(nickname is ray-ray)
pokemon:pikachu/nickname is sparky (man sparky the pikachu u got me i always call my pikachu sparky on da games lol)(hope i could do dat!?)
description:has a white tee shirt with a green vest overtop of it,camo pants that can zip off,with a sidewords hat that says pokemon!!,extremely blonde hair with green dye over it,white skin,blue eyes.

October 2nd, 2004, 5:26 PM
hey u guys can u intoduce me to da town and all dat to get me started??