PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Scyther5
February 14th, 2004, 11:10 PM
So how does everyone like the game? I love the GBA hook ups
So far im at year 4 with a Selkie(bandana) and a Liltie (steel Visior). Post your progress or thoughts on the game here!

DragonTrainer
February 15th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Lol, has the game even come out yet?

JoWood
February 15th, 2004, 05:36 PM
You may as well say that. Most of games stores are all out. I'm probably goin get it from Toys R' US or KB toys. Nobody nevers buys games from toy stores. cept for lil kids.

DragonTrainer
February 15th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Yea, I just went to wal-mart, they'll have it by tuesday for me =/

100marios
February 15th, 2004, 07:33 PM
I just bought it a little while ago; that's why I wasn't here a earlier. I was playing it with my sisters and we were all Clavats. I was the headband boy, my older sister was the white cap girl, and my little sister was the long haired girl. We just started year 2 and I must say....this game is really good!
I'm having a blast playing with my sisters! The games a little confusing at first, (partly because we've never played an FF game before hehe) but it's really fun once you get used to it!

JoWood
February 15th, 2004, 08:42 PM
I just bought it a little while ago; that's why I wasn't here a earlier. I was playing it with my sisters and we were all Clavats. I was the headband boy, my older sister was the white cap girl, and my little sister was the long haired girl. We just started year 2 and I must say....this game is really good!
I'm having a blast playing with my sisters! The games a little confusing at first, (partly because we've never played an FF game before hehe) but it's really fun once you get used to it!

Never played a FF game? :dead: This shuld be a crime.

Shadow
February 15th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Yea, I just went to wal-mart, they'll have it by tuesday for me =/Don't trust Wal-Mart Electronics Associates... They don't know the difference between Mario and Halo .

I want to try out this game, but I have no money ._. And no one to play it with.

100marios
February 15th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Never played a FF game? :dead: This shuld be a crime.
Why? Hehe, I've never played a Zelda game before WW and I loved it!
And I'm starting to like this game a lot too! It's a rollicking good time with a lot of people!....I need to get a fourth gameboy hehe...

John Denver
February 16th, 2004, 07:34 AM
you've been deprived 100marios, know this now

I haven't played FFCC, but I think it looks cool, and I want to get it yes...MUST!

BOO ya!

DragonTrainer
February 16th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Yes, tommorrow I will get this game!!!!!

JoWood
February 16th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Ok, I just beat the first boss. The one by the waterfall. Is anyone past this?

If it wasn't 4 my gameboy I wouldn't have no clue where to go. I like paintin my moogle. Too bad they dont fight like on FF Tastics Advance.

DragonTrainer
February 16th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Dude, I cannot wait until I get this game, it'll be so cool!

So, how exactly do you get to play it with your gameboy?

Scyther5
February 16th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Well i just got 2 more link (gc~gba) and the Multiplayer rocks(except someone has to carry the challice). :\

100marios
February 16th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Dude, I cannot wait until I get this game, it'll be so cool!

So, how exactly do you get to play it with your gameboy?
It's pretty much the same way you would play it with the GC controller. The only reason you use gba's for multi-player is because you constantly refer to the menu to change items, skills and such. The same is so awesome! I just got a mithryl shield and a rune sword so I'm kicking butt! Hehe....
I'm the best toe-to-toe fighting character in my sister's and my group, but my older sister just got a design for a legendary weapon. She just needs one thing to finish the recipe (and a whole lotta money!) and then she'll be wielding a very powerful weapon.
I have to say that the boss battles are the best thing in multi-player mode. It's so awesome to be able to fight together! We really rely on each other a lot. My little 6-year old sister casts a lot of spells (hehe...cute!) while my older sister likes to fight and heal, and I just fight to no end hehe.(although I do end up holding the chalice a lot...I get used to it)
You shold enjoy this game DT, especially if you have a lot of friends to play with!

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 07:23 AM
I heard something about how you have to have a water bucket to determine the field...is that true??

aww

Boo hoo...

DragonTrainer
February 17th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Well, where do you get the link, and how?

kill.harp
February 18th, 2004, 07:40 AM
I heard something about how you have to have a water bucket to determine the field...is that true??

aww

Boo hoo...

Yea. It's a gravy container or something. It's holds your crystal essance or something. It's a pain because you can only stay within a radius of it, but you can make your Moogle carry it for you. If you carry it you can't attack or anything.

I'm only at Year 3, but that's because i've beaten every boss so far more times than I'd like to count. I'm a Clevat.

Scyther5
February 18th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Well, where do you get the link, and how?
Its the Gamecube to Gba link cable, its avlible at Walmart Target and most gamestores. There used to play mutiplayer and access your Radar. To play the mutiplayer version you need to have at least two GC to Gba cables and two GBA's. The GBA acts as a controller for the first player, second, third and forth so if you want for players all your friends need GBA's and a GC to GBA cable.

Kinda Confusing, hope this helps!

100marios
February 18th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Yea. It's a gravy container or something. It's holds your crystal essance or something. It's a pain because you can only stay within a radius of it, but you can make your Moogle carry it for you. If you carry it you can't attack or anything.

I'm only at Year 3, but that's because i've beaten every boss so far more times than I'd like to count. I'm a Clevat.
I like the Clavats. The Yukes are kinda different hehe.....
Besides, I like to get in there and fight! Not cast spells!
.....water bucket hehe....it's actually the crystal chalice!
.....never thought I'd know for about an FF game then you Dakota hehe....

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Ack, I'm stuck, how can you advance in years?

100marios
February 20th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Ack, I'm stuck, how can you advance in years?
Ah! A person in need of help!
*cracks knuckles*
Ok!
You know how each time you beat a level and a boss, there's a tree at the end that fills up your chalice? Well, once you beat 3 levels like that, the chalice will fill completely to the top with myrrh. After you do that, you've collected all the myrrh you needed. Each year requires 3 dungeons to complete, and once you do that there is a cutscene about your adventures that year. (the stories from your journal) After that, you're back in your hometown, ready to set off for your next year!

JoWood
February 20th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Single player is way too easy. I think they double on attack so u can beat bosses and stuff faster. But thats the fun of it all.

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Lol, now i need cash for mythril armor :P

JoWood
February 21st, 2004, 10:07 AM
it cost WAY too much. I'll have to sell all my gold just to buy one piece of it. I just started my 2nd year...

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 10:15 AM
I just got mythril armor, it took a while to get the money though

Yet another question by me-On the strategy giude, it says on the maps there are 3 cycles on each level, but I don't kow how to advance in the cycles.How can I got to cycles 2&3 on each level?

JoWood
February 23rd, 2004, 12:28 PM

Yet another question by me-On the strategy giude, it says on the maps there are 3 cycles on each level, but I don't kow how to advance in the cycles.How can I got to cycles 2&3 on each level?

What cycles? I just lost twice to the Golbin boss. I'm on the verge of getting a strategy guide.

DragonTrainer
February 23rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
Well, on the strategy guides, it has a chart that has cycles 1, 2 and 3 on it, and tells you what's in them.I just don't know how to get to cycles 2&3

Scyther5
February 23rd, 2004, 06:04 PM
Well im almost finshed im on year 6(one drop), and i finaly figured out how to cast holy...lol

DragonTrainer
February 24th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Doesn't holy require Life+Fire/Blizzard/Thunder?

JoWood
February 24th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Doesn't holy require Life+Fire/Blizzard/Thunder?
Yeah thats easy. BTW Scyther did u use strategy guides?

DragonTrainer
February 24th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Well, strategy guides make life so much easier ^_^

Scyther5
February 24th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Yeah thats easy. BTW Scyther did u use strategy guides?
Yeah sometimes , :surprised why?

DragonTrainer
February 26th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Just wondering, they make life easier :P

Teara
February 26th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I just rented it yesterday. It's awsome ^_^!!!!!! I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing but it's still fun ^_-

DragonTrainer
February 27th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Yea, I took me like a week to figure it out, but it rocks!

I recommend you buy it

PokemonMaster-Chris
March 2nd, 2004, 01:58 PM
I am on year 10. I got this game when it came out. I play it with 3 people and I choose a Liltly as well as my brother and my friend.

Shadow
March 2nd, 2004, 02:09 PM
I rented it Saturday. It's really fun! I like the part were you need no MP for spells. XD

If I had two more GC-GBA Link Cables (and a permanent Crystal Chronicles disc) I could have 3 people play.

DragonTrainer
March 2nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
Yea, FFCC is awesome, I recommend it to all RPG players

Teara
March 2nd, 2004, 03:50 PM
I tried playing it with Teara when she rented it. I couldn't keep up with everything though, but then again I don't like killing things, even on a game. Narturally Teara had a blast running around and killing things while I tried to stop her.

100marios
March 2nd, 2004, 04:12 PM
I tried playing it with Teara when she rented it. I couldn't keep up with everything though, but then again I don't like killing things, even on a game. Narturally Teara had a blast running around and killing things while I tried to stop her.
Good ol' Teara! Hehe.....
I'm practically the tank compared to my sisters. I do all the action things since I have the most life, strength, and defense. Unfortunately for my older sister, she tried to get a lot of everything and thus, isn't as good as me when it comes to power, and isn't as good as my sister when it comes to magic. I've been in that situation before, so I decided not to do it.

Oh and Becky, don't think about it as killing things, think about it as putting them out of their misery hehe.....

Teara
March 2nd, 2004, 04:19 PM
Good ol' Teara! Hehe.....
I'm practically the tank compared to my sisters. I do all the action things since I have the most life, strength, and defense. Unfortunately for my older sister, she tried to get a lot of everything and thus, isn't as good as me when it comes to power, and isn't as good as my sister when it comes to magic. I've been in that situation before, so I decided not to do it.

Oh and Becky, don't think about it as killing things, think about it as putting them out of their misery hehe.....
Putting them out of their misery? But some of them are cute, like the little things that pop out of the ground and look a little like raccons. I don't think I'm cut out for this game...I guess I'll stick to games like Pokemon where nothing dies. But the graphics were really good...when things wern't dyeing.

100marios
March 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Putting them out of their misery? But some of them are cute, like the little things that pop out of the ground and look a little like raccons. I don't think I'm cut out for this game...I guess I'll stick to games like Pokemon where nothing dies. But the graphics were really good...when things wern't dyeing.
But they're evil! I can imagine it....

Becky: Aww, they're so cute!
Teara: Becky! They're hurting you! Kill it!
*Teara kills it*
Hehe....

Please don't mind me saying this, but it kinda suprises me how you can like LotR, and not like something like this. I'm kinda confused hehe....

How about......making them faint! Just like in pokemon!

Teara
March 2nd, 2004, 04:55 PM
But they're evil! I can imagine it....

Becky: Aww, they're so cute!
Teara: Becky! They're hurting you! Kill it!
*Teara kills it*
Hehe....

Please don't mind me saying this, but it kinda suprises me how you can like LotR, and not like something like this. I'm kinda confused hehe....

How about......making them faint! Just like in pokemon!
That sounds about right. But I like LotR because they killed evil nasty things, and I'm not the one killing them. And really I'm not sure if that counts since I cried alot in those movies. Maybe if they did something like a spell that just froze them while you leave, instead of killing them. Than I would like the game alot better I'm sure.

100marios
March 2nd, 2004, 05:03 PM
That sounds about right. But I like LotR because they killed evil nasty things, and I'm not the one killing them. And really I'm not sure if that counts since I cried alot in those movies. Maybe if they did something like a spell that just froze them while you leave, instead of killing them. Than I would like the game alot better I'm sure.
Well, somethings in that game can get pretty evil and nasty too! I've bet you've only scratched the surface of the game! I actually cried at the end of all the LotR movies too! (I watched the Return of the King on sunday for the third time and I still cried!) There's nothing really graphic in FF:CC though, so you shouldn't be too shaken up. Even my sisters, the animal lovers, are playing the game and enjoying it. It's just a game anyway! Hehe...

Teara
March 2nd, 2004, 05:23 PM
Well, somethings in that game can get pretty evil and nasty too! I've bet you've only scratched the surface of the game! I actually cried at the end of all the LotR movies too! (I watched the Return of the King on sunday for the third time and I still cried!) There's nothing really graphic in FF:CC though, so you shouldn't be too shaken up. Even my sisters, the animal lovers, are playing the game and enjoying it. It's just a game anyway! Hehe...
I'm not really shaken up, I just don't see anything fun about watching little things curl up and sizzle away after you whack them with a racket. And I've played the LotR game in two player mode with Teara too, I just followed her while she beat the patooties out of everything around. Oh dear, I'm starting to sound really strange.

ChaosblaZe master of fire
March 15th, 2004, 02:35 PM

what do u mean by cycles??

DragonTrainer
March 15th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Never mind.Well, you see,every 2 years after you get a drop of myrrh(sp?) at a certain spot, the myrrh will grow back, and you can go back to the same level to pick up a drop of myrrh, but only every two years.There are 3 cycles:in the 1st cycle, it is just the regular first time you go there.In the second time you go and get your second myrrh, the monsters get stronger, and the level boss become stronger.Same with the 3rd cycle, except he gets new attacks and things like that.Of course, you can get more than 3 drops at the same spot, just the boss or the monsters don't change any after the 3rd cycle.Hope that made sense ._.

~DragonTrainer

ChaosblaZe master of fire
March 15th, 2004, 03:22 PM
o ya crab knows thundaga at the third cycle and at every 2 years there a chance the artifacts will change u talking bout those cycles o okay

thing tat annoyed me the most was the ogre kiong the third boss in year 1 he freaks me out and the final boss in the game sounds creepy...

John Denver
March 16th, 2004, 04:45 AM
o ya crab knows thundaga at the third cycle and at every 2 years there a chance the artifacts will change u talking bout those cycles o okay

thing tat annoyed me the most was the ogre kiong the third boss in year 1 he freaks me out and the final boss in the game sounds creepy...

I swear I have no idea what you just said...

"Dem there scools dun lern me no good o yes okay"

BOO ya!

Kairi
March 16th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I think he means in each cycle the four sets of artifacts the bosses drop changes, which is true. They also start dropping high-end reagents for making the best equipment. The crab for instance drops something needed for the best Clavat weapon.

100marios
March 16th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I think he means in each cycle the four sets of artifacts the bosses drop changes, which is true. They also start dropping high-end reagents for making the best equipment. The crab for instance drops something needed for the best Clavat weapon.
Oh! The ancient potion? I need that thing!
....has anyone gotten to the final boss? I fought him alone with out my sister's help, (hehe) and I did fairly good. The part where he starts shooting at you like crazy is where it got me. I really want to get the legendary weapon (Excalibur) before I beat the game though!
Right now I have the Defender, saintly shield and armor, and a flame bagde.....

Kairi
March 16th, 2004, 01:48 PM
The Excalibur is inferior to the Dark Weapon, Ragnorok. I have it, it's quite nice. ^_^; Very very difficult to make though. You need the scroll from cycle three Lich at Rebena Te Ra, the Cursed Crook from the Goblin Mage at Goblin Wall, and the Ancient Sword from the crab in the River Belle Path. Took about six or seven years to make. o.x;

100marios
March 16th, 2004, 02:18 PM
The Excalibur is inferior to the Dark Weapon, Ragnorok. I have it, it's quite nice. ^_^; Very very difficult to make though. You need the scroll from cycle three Lich at Rebena Te Ra, the Cursed Crook from the Goblin Mage at Goblin Wall, and the Ancient Sword from the crab in the River Belle Path. Took about six or seven years to make. o.x;
Really? That's odd.....what's the use of calling it the legendary weapon if it's not the best?
....you wouldn't happen to have the player's guide would you? Hehe....
Hmm, well since my sister has Excalibur, I'm gonna show her a thing or two and get the Dark weapon....or try at least!
You're a clavat? Which did you choose? I'm the headband kid.

John Denver
March 16th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Don't you guys think square enix did a "coulda been better" job with FFCC..I mean they made ff10, couldn't they have made FFCC a lil more better...

that's my opinion, you know it's good when I use words like "more better"

BOO ya!

Kairi
March 16th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Squarenix didn't really make it, their "Game Developers Studio" did. It's no X, but it's a nice diversion nonetheless. And I'm the basic female Clavat. ^_^; Named Rikku! Notice how Selkies are just like the Al Bhed? nomadic race, live in the desert, have their own language...

zelloss
March 16th, 2004, 09:22 PM

I recommend downloading some of the orginal FF games then ^^

Though the first few are in japanese you can find them translated off the net!

zelloss
March 16th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I have a question about this game.. I have read that due to the use of the GBA's there a frame rate drop when too much stuff is going on at the same time. Is this true?
And if so can you really tell that much?

Kairi
March 17th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Please use edit next time so you don't double post. ^_^;
And I've only played with two people, but haven't noticed a framerate drop.

Lucifer
March 19th, 2004, 03:15 AM
I'm only playing single player, but the game's still ace. It's not an epic tale like those seen in the numbered FFs, but it's a fantastic addition to the series nonetheless.

I'm also liking the FFIX-ish atmosphere to the game.

cyber_killer
March 19th, 2004, 04:11 AM
I'm Probably Gonna Get This Game, But Is It Worth It If You Don't Have A GBA+Link Cable?

Lucifer
March 19th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Definitely. The single player game is perfectly playable, and you miss out on absolutely nothing.

I dunno in what regions they did this (maybe all?), but I got a GBA/GC link cable with the game anyway, although it's useless on its own because you need two.

cyber_killer
March 21st, 2004, 02:18 AM
has Anyone Here PLayed PSO I&II? If So, Could You Tell Me If FF: CC Is Like It? Because PSO Bored The **** Outa Me!

PsychicGuy
November 10th, 2004, 09:27 PM
What's I & II?
-International Iguana... somthing else that starts with "I".

Brittany
November 10th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Please don't revive old threads

Arcanine
November 11th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Yes what Brittany said in the post above mine.
*Closed*