PDA

View Full Version : Banned :(

Dragon_Tamer
February 15th, 2004, 09:58 AM
I got banned from one of my other favorite sites.this would be ok but i didnt do anything. :disappoin :'( :(

silverfrost
February 15th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Well what did they say their reason for banning you was? =/

Phoenix Boy
February 15th, 2004, 10:01 AM
You must have upset someone or SPAMed without noticing

Shining Arcanine
February 15th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Well what did they say their reason for banning you was? =/

They don't need a reason to ban someone. It is their message board.

orange*berry
February 15th, 2004, 10:05 AM
You must have upset someone or SPAMed without noticing

Happened to me at SNF. x.x
Some forums are just evil, and you need to stay away from them. n.n()

Haruka
February 15th, 2004, 10:07 AM
it's competition.... but don't worry... hmmmmm..

^_^

silverfrost
February 15th, 2004, 10:07 AM

Heh, this is true. Although I think they should maybe give a warning before banning. That way it gives someone a chance to stop disobeying the rules (which they shouldn't have in the first place =P).

DragonTrainer
February 15th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Yea, some places are mean

But we wouldn't ban you, unless you were bad....

Arcanine
February 15th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Very true, if thay dont like what you say in a topic like if one of the Admins said Pokemon sucks and you stand up for Pokemon thay mite not like that and ban you if thay wanted to (im talking about a board that is not about Pokemon).

aki
February 15th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Very true, if thay dont like what you say in a topic like if one of the Admins said Pokemon sucks and you stand up for Pokemon thay mite not like that and ban you if thay wanted to (im talking about a board that is not about Pokemon).

Banning for reasons like that doesn't make you a good Administrator. Just because someone disagrees with you're opinion, you can't just ban them.

Rajin
February 15th, 2004, 12:44 PM
I agree with aki. Difference in opinions is not a reason to ban someone. Just think about the goverment. It's uncontitutional to put someone in jail because they say something the President disagrees with. (Just an example.)

DragonTrainer
February 15th, 2004, 01:34 PM
True, but some boards just are crazy and doo what they feel like doing

Frostweaver
February 15th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I agree with aki. Difference in opinions is not a reason to ban someone. Just think about the goverment. It's uncontitutional to put someone in jail because they say something the President disagrees with. (Just an example.)
*however for a message board it's different... when you sign up, you have just agreed to submit to whatever and however things run at the board in their own way. Some boards like PC are nice and is reasonable, but that is not "necessary"*

silverfrost
February 15th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Well, it depends on how they act if they do disagree. If they can state their opinion maturely and with good reasoning behind it, then it shouldn't offend anyone.

Dragon_Tamer
February 15th, 2004, 05:17 PM
The good thing is your aloud to write to a mod an tell them why you should be un banned...and it worked! :D

Phantom Angel
February 15th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Hm...I think t happen to me at SPPF.
Dunno, but I can't login. =/

Haruka
February 15th, 2004, 05:33 PM
My username at SPP is Breda

I hardly use it anymore. >_<

Arcanine
February 15th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Banning for reasons like that doesn't make you a good Administrator. Just because someone disagrees with you're opinion, you can't just ban them.
Well the Admins made a board (dont matter how small it is) so thay can do what ever thay want. Thay can ban a member for nothing, the members wont like it but the Admins made it so thay can do what ever thay like (even if its not right at all).

Porygon
February 16th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Of course. It's freedom of speech or expression or something.

Ryoutarou
February 16th, 2004, 02:22 PM
ya but if they pay for it you really cant say anything, but allot of fourm's out there are really fair toonzone...serebii,etc

aki
February 16th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Well the Admins made a board (dont matter how small it is) so thay can do what ever thay want. Thay can ban a member for nothing, the members wont like it but the Admins made it so thay can do what ever thay like (even if its not right at all).

Well of course its their forum, but it just makes them look bad as a person. It shows they are selfish, only want to think what they want to and everyone else should agree. *Shrugs* But whatever. o_o

22sa
February 16th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Well of course its their forum, but it just makes them look bad as a person. It shows they are selfish, only want to think what they want to and everyone else should agree. *Shrugs* But whatever. o_o
Yeah, if the and was unreasonable, or even close to unreasonable, some negative opnions about the Admin will arise. Especially if it's better for the forum that the banned person is unbanned and free to post. :P

Greed
February 17th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Well, most forums ban people because they flamed, cursed, etc.

But some forums are buttholes and just ban people for no good reason, examples, cus they're racists, think they are so high and mighty, competition, etc. Those forums suck, avoid them and find forums that are nice and fair. Like PC ^^

I never got banned actually, either because I didn't post often or sumthing =P

*Dies*

Serebii
February 17th, 2004, 03:30 PM
An example is recently on Serebii...we were having a major spam problem so what we did was just banned people for a week for an offense starting Saturday and sent an e-mail informing them of why they were banned

Now SPAM is more or less gone...we made examples

Sorry if you were part of it but you did break the rules...just dont do it again ok?

If you cant actually log in then that is because you havent re-registered since we were forced to reset about a month ago

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 03:37 PM
maybe there was some retarded glitch in the forum and it spewed you out...hmm, or an admin is being an idiot like the others said perhaps...ya never know

or DO you? Hmmmm...

BOO ya!

Arcanine
February 18th, 2004, 12:40 PM
An example is recently on Serebii...we were having a major spam problem so what we did was just banned people for a week for an offense starting Saturday and sent an e-mail informing them of why they were banned

Now SPAM is more or less gone...we made examples

Sorry if you were part of it but you did break the rules...just dont do it again ok?

If you cant actually log in then that is because you havent re-registered since we were forced to reset about a month ago
Well Serebii with all the rules, spam rules and banning rules on SPPF dont you think that will just encourage spamers to come and spam up SPPF?
Its rare that PC gets any big spamers, maybe its over not all the rules (PC has rules but we dont say how many colors you can have in your sig or you cant have all caps). You could say SPPF is bigger but I have seen a lot of times there is more on PC then SPPF, so I dont know how far you could go with that. To me if a forum has a lot of rules its just asking some spamers to come and spam (thay are out looking for some fun and thay dont care if thay get banned, well thay are looking to get banned).

Serebii
February 18th, 2004, 01:11 PM
I dont wanna start a site war here

But from what I have seen of Pokecommunity...the only times you do get more people on is with loads of guests, who...no offense, are undoubtebly Search Bots whereas SPP has a almost always above 20 Member count...sometimes A LOT higher

Kairi
February 18th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Yesterday we had about 40~50 members online, though SPP is sometimes better saturated during non-peak hours. =\ Personally, Id be afraid of L_X too much to really post though.

Serebii
February 18th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Dont worry, LX wont do anything unless you break the rules

SPP usually has like 50-70 Members Peak, 20-50 non peak

And the same with guests usually

DragonTrainer
February 18th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Maybe we don't get all the members you guys do, but that's since we aren't a well known site like Serebii.net.Just give us time, we will get there soon enough