PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race - Practice Leg

Mr Cat Dog
August 29th, 2005, 11:58 AM
OK, welcome to the practice round for The Amazing Race. This gives teams an opportunity to find out how well they work with each other, to build up some teamwork and to get to know the structure of the game.

Each round will start by me posting the clues to get to each checkpoint of the leg. Depending on the leg, there may be 3-6 checkpoints to complete, depending on how I'm feeling.

To complete each checkpoint, there will be a clue, and some answer spaces where you need to put the place you are in, and some other info about the city/town. When you have done that for the first checkpoint, PM that to me, and I will mark it. If it is right, you can continue with the next checkpoint. If you're wrong, you'll have to submit again and hope that the 2nd batch of answers are correct. This process keeps on going until the teams reach the pitstop, and the last team to reach the pitstop will be eliminated.

There will be occasions where a Fast Forward or an Immunity Challenge will be included in the leg. If a team chooses to take a Fast Forward or Immunity Challenge, no other teamcan do so that leg.

If there are any confusions, please tell me in this thread. If not, let the game begin.

This leg is also not complusory. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to. Also, this leg is not an icebreaker. There will be legs that are easier, and there are legs that will be much more hard. Don't think that this will be gentle. Good luck.

The Amazing Race: Practice Leg

Checkpoint A:
You and your team-mate arrive at what is officially the busiest airport in the world (in terms of amount of international passengers). You greet your team-mate then leave the terminal which is used for the most part by this country's flagship airline network. To complete this checkpoint, name the airport, the city it is located in, the country it is located in, the terminal you've just left, and the operator that owns the airport
Airport:
City:
Terminal:
Operator:

Checkpoint B:
Upon leaving the airport, your team takes an underground train network to one of the most expensive shops in this country, if not the world. Famed for it's luxury and its snobbiness, your team arrives here to do some retail therapy before going along to the final checkpoint. To complete this checkpoint, name the underground stop you take from the airport, the train line you go on, the ending stop and the shop, as well as the city you're currently in.
Underground Start:
Underground Line:
Undeground Finish:
Shop:
City:

Checkpoint C: Pitstop
Your team leaves the shop laiden with bags of chocolate and posh clothes only to head off to one of this city's most famous landmarks. Officially the world's largest "working" palace, this home is residence to the monarch of this country. To complete this checkpoint, and reach the pitstop, name the landmark, the monarch who lives there, the year it was built, the city, and the number of workers who work there.
Landmark:
Monarch:
Year of Building:
City:
# of Workers:

---

Remember to send your answers one checkpoint at a time, or I won't mark them. This round ends at Sunday midnight Board Time, which will be US Eastern (GMT -4). When I say board time, that's what I'll be referring to. Good luck... I hope.

DarkPegasus
August 29th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Only one question... Shouldn't we be getting the checkpoints as we progres? And I need to send to 3 different PM, about the answers, or I must wait to see if I was correct?

Mr Cat Dog
August 29th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Nope. The reason being while one member of the team works on one, the other can work on thenext checkpoint. If you have developed teamwork, by doing it like this you should be able to save a fair bit of time.

You must wait to see if they're correct as well.

T3hCoM
August 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I have a question. I haven't talked with my teammate yet about the Team Name or the Relationship.

So can I still PM you with the answers, or do I have to discuss the previously mentioned stuff with my teammate first?

Just checking before I send you my PM.

Mr Cat Dog
August 29th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Worry about that later. The answers are important.

DarkPegasus
August 29th, 2005, 12:55 PM
MCD could you please clear your PM box...

T3hCoM
August 29th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Worry about that later. The answers are important.

OK, but I can't send my answers yet because your PM box is full, MCD. :S

EDIT: Poo! I got beat! >.<

Chairman Kaga
August 29th, 2005, 01:18 PM
One note: US eastern is GMT -5, not GMT -4. It's the most evil timezone on earth =p

Mr Cat Dog
August 29th, 2005, 01:18 PM
My inbox is now clear... I've had a lot of reports since coming back from holiday.

Happy Dude
August 29th, 2005, 01:22 PM
what does it mean by operator MCD

does this round count

Spectrum
August 29th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Question.

Since this round is unobligatory, am I right in assuming that nobody would be kicked off?

Chairman Kaga
August 29th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I have A, B, and C done now.......I hope they're correct x_x;

Mr Cat Dog
August 29th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Ty - You would be correct.

Mr Cat Dog
August 30th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Kaga - Eastern is GMT -4 now thanks to daylight savings time.

DarkPegasus
August 30th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Your PM box is still full... I can't send you my answers...

And is the operator a man or a company?

Mr Cat Dog
August 30th, 2005, 06:51 AM
I've cleared it again, so you should definitely be able to. If not, I'll have a word with Claire or Steve, since I can receive at least 100 more.

As for the answers, I'm not telling you! Like I said before in The Mole. You can get the answers in any way you like, as long as you don't ask me.

DarkPegasus
August 30th, 2005, 10:18 AM
No, I didn't get the question the operator that owns the airport? Operators run the airport...

Mr Cat Dog
August 30th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Well if you expect me to help you or clarify any of the questions, you've got another thing coming. That question IS worded correctly, and have two sources to back it up. Good luck in answering them :D

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
August 30th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Airport: Heathrow
City: London
Terminal: Gate4
Operator: Eastgate

Chairman Kaga
August 30th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Kaga - Eastern is GMT -4 now thanks to daylight savings time.

Sorry, I forgot about that...I didn't know if the rest of the world did it or not x_x;

Innocence
August 30th, 2005, 09:57 PM
I think i might have to drop out :(. we'll see.

Mr Cat Dog
August 30th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Why do you say that? If it's about your partner, then there's really no need to give up so easily.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
August 31st, 2005, 02:28 AM
Did i get my answers right???

Mr Cat Dog
August 31st, 2005, 03:05 AM
I'm not telling. You have to PM them to me. You may have told everyone the correct answers in doing so, but you may have not.

Miyu-chan
September 2nd, 2005, 04:21 PM
So, does one team member send the answers, or do we send them indivdually? o.o;

Kira
September 3rd, 2005, 12:38 AM
OMFG, I'm stuck on the operator >.<

Mr Cat Dog
September 3rd, 2005, 01:11 AM
So, does one team member send the answers, or do we send them indivdually? o.o;You can alternate for each checkpoint, or have one person do it for the rest, it makes no difference.

Also, I'm going to stop this round on Sunday, so I can prepare... I don't think anyone will get to the checkpoint, which is a shame.

DarkPegasus
September 3rd, 2005, 01:19 AM
That's because you are not tellin' even if I got the right airport... And you give very specific tasks... Why don't give something like in which country is the bigest mall? And not ask which line to use to get there? O.o

Mr Cat Dog
September 3rd, 2005, 01:21 AM
That's because you are not tellin' even if I got the right airport... And you give very specific tasks... Why don't give something like in which country is the bigest mall? And not ask which line to use to get there? O.oBecause I'm a tough son of a bitch, and your whining will not get you anywhere.

Happy Dude
September 3rd, 2005, 04:01 AM
You shouldn't censor bypass MCD.

This leg was too hard you didn't explain well enough

DarkPegasus
September 3rd, 2005, 04:36 AM
^ agreed... I don't understand the operator part O.o... And you won't explain.

T3hCoM
September 3rd, 2005, 10:52 AM
I already passed Checkpoint A some days ago (I'm NOT telling what does MCD refers to "operator" either :P ), and I think that's the farthest I will get.

I've searched, but I haven't found ANYTHING about Checkpoint B. It's too fricking hard! -_-

DarkPegasus
September 3rd, 2005, 11:04 AM
I know the station for section B so maybe we can work something out XD

Spectrum
September 3rd, 2005, 04:52 PM
You shouldn't censor bypass MCD.
You shouldn't tell others what to [not] do, especially when there's people assigned to perform that task. o_O

If it's too hard, then you shouldn't be playing. O_o

Happy Dude
September 3rd, 2005, 08:59 PM
I was merly telling him not to censor bypass i thought a S-mod would of known better.