View Full Version : best legends?(pole)

Cloud Strife
September 2nd, 2005, 6:26 AM
which is your fav legendary pokemon out of moltress, zapdos, articuno, mew2, mew, lugia, Ho-oh, celebi, suicune, Entei, Raikou, Regirock, regice, Registeel, groudon, kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi and deoxys, Latios and Latias.
i vote for latios cause its cute, cool, and strong! :classic:

September 2nd, 2005, 6:45 AM
It used to be celebi, but I guess jirachi is my favourite now.

Kid Frost
September 3rd, 2005, 10:43 AM
I pick moltres cause its my fav

Sailor Chibi Lunatone
September 3rd, 2005, 11:30 AM
I'm going to have to say Mew. Its average stats are among the best out of all Pokemon, plus it can learn any TM or HM. And it's adorable too!

September 3rd, 2005, 11:34 AM
Without doubt Kyogre! It's sure one of the best Pokemon...

September 3rd, 2005, 1:00 PM
I love my articuno, what an amazing bird :)

September 6th, 2005, 9:58 AM
Ho-oh. No doubt about it. It has an interesting legend behind it, both in anime and in games. It seems more "legendary" than the others. It seems to be very powerful, but because of its ability to see in the future, it knows that the world will not be destroyed in the fights (Pokemon movies) so it will not participate in them.

And then it also resurected Raikou, Entei and Suicune. What else of the legendaries could do that? I also love its coloring, and teh fact that it is fire type, and based on a phoenix. Plus, Sacred Fire is my favorite move. Ho-oh also looks cool and majestetic.

But I also like Lugia. Not because of its legend, (Even though he looks cool swimming under water) but just how he looks. Aeroblast is a great move too. Not that Lugia should know it, but I just like the move. I like it so much that maybe I make a sweeper Lugia someday. ^_^; Eh, I know that they arent meant to sweep, I just want to see what that turns out to be. (Get it? See, be? ^_^ )

I also like Mew. I dont like many cute pokemons, but she is just adorable. Exspecially her shiny form. Im not too into pink. Mew is also the one who supposedly created all other pokemons. Although, I dont think it created the legendaries. Mew can learn any move that is in TM, HM or reanable by move tutor, so it gives lots of options in how to use it. Too bad I dont have this little fella.

I could go on and on with the legendary beasts and birds too, but well, Im kinda tired,a nd I bet you would get bored too.

September 6th, 2005, 1:17 PM
Hes just the best, hes mega strong in the games and in the anime he is literally unstoppable. He just rocks, no Pokemon compares to him....well, except Lugia and Mew. But Mewtwo is just the ultimate Pokemon, enough said ^_^

September 6th, 2005, 2:28 PM
I'm a sucker for Mew, Celibi, and Jirachi, so that's my vote.

September 7th, 2005, 1:26 AM
Bah, tch, they messed up on all my fav legends' statusses -- tha fire types. >_<
Zapdos an' Raikou are good 'cuz they'z got Sp.Atk. an' Speed, Mew is good b/c it has a vast movepool, Mewtwo's very powerful an' fast, Lugia an' Registeel're good on defenses, Kyogre's massive bonuses for water moves pwnz0rs, tch, an' Rayquaza's got excellent offensive, an' a decent load of defenses too, tch, too bad fer its Speed an' 2x ice weakness, but meh, tch, nothing that Dragon Dance can't solve. ^^;;

September 7th, 2005, 8:07 PM
I love Celebi. It's just my favorite and I have no clue why.

September 28th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Pokemon are the best. They are so cute and lovable other than some of them which are ugly. Me like cute,lovable and powerful pokemon.whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 29th, 2005, 2:08 AM
I notice a few mistakes on the poll.

Anyways, I picked a few. Mew and Mewtwo because they are strong (00bers but still have a great movepool), Mew was because you could teach any TM/HM.

Lugia because he is my favourite anyways. It also has the most powerful Flying attack and looks cool.

Ho-oh and Celebi are quite strong and Celebi is cute.

September 29th, 2005, 5:28 AM
Ho-Oh still is the best in my opinion :):D

deoxys and celebi master
September 29th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I couldnt choose so I voted for all of them.:laugh:

September 29th, 2005, 12:17 PM

after a couple of calmminds with recover theyre unstobbable

September 29th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Lugia and Moltres.My two original favorites;Water and Fire!

October 6th, 2005, 7:29 AM
Mew, Groundon, Ho-oh, they're the only ones I'll need or want.

October 6th, 2005, 8:04 AM
I like Latias... It's just so adorable! :D

October 6th, 2005, 9:19 AM
mewtwo and lugia
mewtwo is god in terms of pokemon he has no equal(if they had more strong darks in the game he wouldent be so much of a god) he can learn all the moves he needs to.

lugia is great as well because of areoblast(why should he not have it?)
and lugia is psychic/flying he has no water attribute he can just learn some really kick *** water moves

The Angel of Darkness
October 9th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Ho-oh got my vote. Sacred Fire is such a cool attack, and it looks like a crazed phoenix! Plus it was the first legendary pokemon I saw.

Latios Master
October 11th, 2005, 8:14 PM
This is in the wrong forum.

October 11th, 2005, 8:25 PM
It doesn't goto other voting polls...it goes to Pokemon General.

The Fallen
October 11th, 2005, 8:27 PM
Yeah, he may have click too soon and sent it here accidently. I'll move it to General.

October 12th, 2005, 3:47 AM
I have voted for the Mewtwo legend.

Suicune Frost
October 12th, 2005, 2:49 PM
I say suicune raikou and entei.

October 12th, 2005, 5:32 PM
Regice, Latias, Suicune, Latios and Raikou, in order of preference.

Suicune Frost
October 13th, 2005, 7:54 AM
Regice, Latias, Suicune, Latios and Raikou, in order of preference.
i think thats some good decisions too.

October 13th, 2005, 7:58 AM
Celebi. One being a plant and there aren't any plant legends. That and I based an OC from Celebi and that makes it extra special to me. That and being so elusive, makes the dream have a picnancy. And the fourth movie did a wonderful job. I guess to compensate for the blunder of the GS Ball.

Second, Groudon, the eyeliner Pokemon! Besides being so gothy, he has Magma's symbolism attached to it and it's a nice symbolism.

So the one member who had a lengthy paragraph about Ho-oh. I agree as such but...the fact the legend hasn't achieved closure, means A) the importance isn't a factor much, since the other more prominent ones simply took over and B) means it will be a bookend to the end of the series, if we get there.

Special mention to anime Mewtwo for the attempt at thought and application with his connection to the Rockets.

Those are my choices.

Alter Ego
October 13th, 2005, 8:09 AM
It was a close call but I will have to say Celebi. First of all it's a grass type, which is my favourite and not only because of Cradily, secondly, it can learn Leech Seed (Which is one of my favourite moves), and thirdly, using Celebi properly requires a bit more strategy than just packing it with a basic set of special attacks and sweeping everything in sight (As with Mewtwo). The one that came a close second is Mew, it's adorable, it has an extremely flexible movepool, it isn't as overpowered stat-wise as other legends and I just loved Mew's carefree attitude in the first movie. Did I mention Mew is cute? ^^

October 13th, 2005, 8:32 AM
You're right Alter. Celebi, you got to plan ahead of time and the stats are strong enough to mean that can take some abuse before it falls.

One Legendary I enjoy on game mechanics is Lugia. Lugia's special defense and defense are through the roof. One of the big facets of the game is taking enough hits to hopefully strike back. Lugia has that in spades. Pity the anime could have done a better job, I see Lugia as a God of Destruction and symbol of death and end of the world while Ho-Oh is more resurrection and life if anything.

And Mew is cute to you, Alter? You're such a nerd. Oh wait, I am too, shifty eyes.

Alter Ego
October 13th, 2005, 9:00 AM
Yup, 100% pure finnish nerd right here. So sue me...XP

And yeah, Lugia is hands down one of the strongest and toughest legendaries, it's the only one that doesn't fall for a single attack from my CB Medicham in NetBattle (Although it's mostly because Lugia's faster. I can still Fake Out it for about 32% of it's HP and retreat though ^^). And yes, the ability to take punishment is the key to battling really and I tend to lean towards such pokmon. Meh three favourites (Cradily, Shuckle, and Snorlax) are all like that, they can sponge like there's no tommorow and annoy the ugly out of my opponents. And Celebi is really capable of taking some punishment; a simple Substitute/Leech Seed/Calm Mind/Psychic set makes it a very formidable opponent. Not to mention that it can also Baton Pass and enjoys the ever so annoying 'Natural Cure' trait. And yeah, Lugia does seem more like a destroyer (It could have been used to make up a kind of Shiva/Vishnu relation with Ho-oh. One destroys and the other builds up), although the pokdex also reffers to it as the 'guardian of the seas' which comes with protective 'good guy' connotations. Anyhow, I dare say that Celebi and Lugia are the only legendaries that actually give me trouble in battle Kyogre and Mewtwo I knock out with a single hit from my Cradily. (I love Mirror Coat I do ^^), my Misdreavus takes care of Deoxys just as easily, but Lugia and Celebi? Pfft...not likely.

October 13th, 2005, 9:36 AM
Mine is Zapdos as Electric pokemon rule !!!!

October 13th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Duplicate Thread. Duplicate Thread.

October 13th, 2005, 1:24 PM
To extend that theory with Ho-oh/Lugia, with the "Shiva/Vishnu" schism, I see Celebi/Mew the same way.

Celebi seems more of the healer and being of the plant type, has more "Mother Earth" connotation. Whereas Mew is more...it's not intentionally destructive but look at what happened to Miyamato and the avalanche: destruction happens by happenstance and Mew being a child, doesn't see the impact of its actions and motions with the immense power it has (the powerhouse, combined with the anime's characterization, should gel this theory nicely). Although with the 8th movie, be curious if Mew grew up any but I sincerely doubt it.

Although you're right about the Guardian of the Seas' shtick with Lugia, however lately with Gale of Darkness and the recent anime (the Lugia three parter), I think this line of thinking is changing. Finally.

(I could sue you but I don't need anything Finnish. Smirks.)

October 13th, 2005, 3:16 PM
I personally like Lugia, but the best one is either mewtwo or mew

Shining Lericon
October 13th, 2005, 4:19 PM
I like Kyogre the best, because I like Water Pokemon, and it's access to Thunder in the games.

October 14th, 2005, 5:59 AM
all of'em they are all pretty cool so that's what i vote

October 14th, 2005, 3:12 PM
I like Lugia and Jirachi.. They just pwn so much...

October 15th, 2005, 4:41 AM
Yeah Jirachi Pwns Heaps I love Him He's Adoreble

Suicune Frost
October 18th, 2005, 4:01 PM
Yeah Jirachi Pwns Heaps I love Him He's Adoreble
Jirachi is a respectable pokemon with its cutness,abilities and so on.

Samurai X
October 18th, 2005, 4:29 PM
Well, I didn't get to vote on the poll but I like Mew the best.

Suicune Frost
October 18th, 2005, 4:47 PM
Well, I didn't get to vote on the poll but I like Mew the best.
Mew is one of my favs also. She can open a can of whoop at anytime!