PDA

View Full Version : Riddle Me this

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Take a wild guess what this thread is for..RIGHT! FOR RIDDLES A DURR!!

Well anyways, what we're gonna do is the someone is gonna do a riddle. People will guess and guess what it is until someone finally get's it. The person who gets it can do the next riddle or choose someone else to do the next riddle

If no one get's it for a while then the riddler will just reveal the answer and make anothe riddle or choose someone else to do the next one.

I'll begin with the first riddle...

How many letters are in the alphabet?

Mystical Mewtwo
February 17th, 2004, 08:31 AM
11, i think. The trick is you count the letters of the and alphabet and thats the answer. Am i right?

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Correct! You have no idea how many people have said 26 to that one. You do next riddle.

BOO ya!

Mystical Mewtwo
February 17th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Got 1! Warning: If you like cats, do not read!

Joe picks up his local newspaper. He reads the headline:
"A cat, laying next to a fire in a log cabin, is dead on a rainy night."
Joe looks at the cause of death and immediatly figues out how. Can you, without the cause of death, figure out how?

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 01:01 PM
how the cat died? hmm

I guessing...he fell in the fire? :P:P

Kayleigh
February 17th, 2004, 01:04 PM
I love riddles, but I'm terrible at them. x_x; Uhh... It was already dead and its owner layed it there while getting ready to cook it?

Gah, I feel evil now! ._. And cats are one of my favorite animals.

Kairi
February 17th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I think Kayleighs answer was cleverer, though it doesnt seem to fit the riddle quite right. Then again. I have 0 imagination and creativity, so I dunno. ._.;

Kayleigh
February 17th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Is cleverer a word, lol? XD Well, I don't think I'm right anyways. Like I said I'm terrible at this stuff.

Kairi
February 17th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Nah, youre probably the healthiest person on PC, and that means you should be bright too! o_o; I wish hed come along with the answer, Id like to know. I think it might have to do with the fire being contained inside the cabin, like a log fire. Dunno.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cleverer (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cleverer)

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 01:32 PM
hmm...

Maybe, the steam from the rain put out the fire and it filled the cabin and the cat died from chokin

this one is hard

BOO YA!??!

Kairi
February 17th, 2004, 01:43 PM
o_o; Usually riddles play off the way we read words and put them together to form assumptions. Its good to read it adding pauses at different points, like The, laying next to a fire*stop* but it didnt help this time. ._.;;

Mystical Mewtwo
February 17th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Hint! You people need a hint! The cat is wearing a collar... can you guess?!
:) :laugh:

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 02:03 PM
It's Joe's cat!!!

Is that the answer eh?

BOO ya?

Kayleigh
February 17th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Nah, you’re probably the healthiest person on PC, and that means you should be bright too! o_o; I wish he’d come along with the answer, I’d like to know. I think it might have to do with the fire being contained inside the cabin, like a log fire. Dunno.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cleverer (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cleverer)
Well, I'm not too bright if I didn't know that cleverer was a word, lol.

And I still can't figure this out! x_x; Nyaaa! I need to ask my brother or something!

Roxas
February 17th, 2004, 02:17 PM
i know! the cat jumped in the fire place and got lit on fire! then it ran around the housem seeting everything on fire! then i fired spread to everywhere in the house. it was raining in a different country, so the fire didnt go out! :laugh: thats a funny answer...it makes me feel evil...EVIL!!! *laughs evily* :badsmile:

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 02:27 PM
I think that's possible, Kenshin... Poor Cat... =/

Kairi
February 17th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Actually, Dakotas answer about it being his cat makes sense, but how would the cause of death lead him to know it was his that died?

Mystical Mewtwo
February 17th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Ding! Times up! Ill just tell u...

The cat's collar got wet, it got hot from the fire, and shrunk! (you can guess the rest)

Someone else do 1!

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Kairi! It's your 5000th post!! HUH ZAH! HUH ZAH! HUH ZAH!!

*blows trumpet*

hmm, I think you supposed to pick who does the next one MM2...eh? Who dost thou chooseth?

(I'm speaking ye old english)

*snicker snicker*

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Ok... I was wrong. That Joe was smart though. o_o;

Roxas
February 17th, 2004, 02:51 PM
XD thats so evil! *laughs evily* me gots a riddle! Mississippi is a hard word. Spell it.

:laugh: its just like dakota's riddle

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 02:56 PM
I-T spells It.
Am I right? XD

Roxas
February 17th, 2004, 03:00 PM
:laugh: yup u right, dakota! it's really funny because i was the only person in my class to get the riddle right :laugh:

Sapphire Titan
February 17th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Can i do one pleeeeaaase ?????

What letters are always in the postoffice? (easy)

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Can i do one pleeeeaaase ?????

What letters are always in the postoffice? (easy)
P-O-S-T-O-F-F-I-C-E I feel like I'm doing a spelling bee. =P

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 03:16 PM
you forgot T-H-E

Ok ok ok I gotta do one now..this is a goodin one I tell ya!

Try and get this one Dakota! MUWAHAHAHA!!!

"What animal has 4 legs and 1 arm"

c'mon, try and get...and I bet you can't...and if you get it immediately, that would just suck then...heh :)

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 03:19 PM
A happy pit bull! Mwahaha... I betcha I got this right. =)

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 03:25 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!! HOW DID you get it on your first try! you must have heard is somewhere else!!! WHHHYYYYY?!?!?!

Oh well..it's time for YOU to make a riddle then...now stump our brains MR. Never-changes-his-avatar

well HA!

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Okay then...
How many Japanese tourists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Roxas
February 17th, 2004, 03:31 PM
ooo!! i got one!!

What has four legs in the morning, 2 legs in the evening, and 3 at night!?

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 03:33 PM
A man, that riddle was what our Creative Writing Teacher asked us during class on the last day of school. =P

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 03:34 PM
I guess we can do Dakota's first...hmm

2, because they're so friggin short HAHAHAHAHASNORT!!!

whoa....*shoots milk out nose* actually I have no Idea...and Kenshin's riddle mocks my brain to...BLAST! they're too INTELLIGENT!

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Nope, you're wrong Miyu-chan.... Next? :chinese:

Roxas
February 17th, 2004, 03:38 PM
the riddle i said is the most famous riddle ever! dakota's right! the answer is man (or mankind) call it witchever one. heehee

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Can somebody get Dakota's? We must STOP his REIGN of TERROR!!

and, solve his riddle, er something....shizzah!

Rifted
February 17th, 2004, 03:44 PM
For Dakota's riddle:

Well, the numbers may vary, but it's either...
SIX: one to change the lightbulb, and five to take pictures of the event.
SIX: one to hold the lightbulb, and five to ask for directions.

I have an easy one...

Shots are fired
A man lays dead
There are many witnesses
All of them crying
But none of them are doing anything.

What's going on?

Miyu-chan
February 17th, 2004, 03:47 PM
For Rifted...I think

A man just shot himself? eh? EH? I dunno...BAM!

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Okay... SIX: one to hold the lightbulb, and five to ask for directions. That's the answer. >=D As for Rifted's...
It was a funeral, and the shots were fireworks or something... o_o;
.... *not sure*

Rifted
February 17th, 2004, 03:52 PM
For Rifted...I think

A man just shot himself? eh? EH? I dunno...BAM!

Nope...I dunno how multiple shots could have been fired...that is, unless he missed the first time. x]

was a funeral, and the shots were fireworks or something... o_o;
.... *not sure*

Close, but no cigar. =D

Kayleigh
February 17th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Wow, this must be opposite day on PC. XD Dakota's using keyboard faces and Miyu's acting silly, lol.

But anyways, I bet Rifted's riddle has something to do with a funeral. I can't figure it out though. x_x;

Kairyu
February 18th, 2004, 02:32 AM
For Rifted's riddle:
A military funeral was in progress, and rifles were fired in the air to commemorate his honor. I dunno:P.

I'm in the mood to post a riddle, solve it if you can.

"Two mothers and their two daughters were fishing. They managed to catch one bass, one catfish, and one perch. Since only three fish were caught, how is it possible that they each took home a fish?"

Yamichu
February 18th, 2004, 02:48 AM
After reading Kairyu's riddle many times I have some to da conclusion that my head hurts...
Maybe....one of dem got eated by da fish! lol. ok I know that's wrong...I suck at this kinda thing...
Maybe they caught a bird perch!
Ok....that's enough from me....my brain wasn't built to cope with this kinda thing...

~HORN!

John Denver
February 18th, 2004, 04:50 AM
it's the way the riddle is said, for Kairyu I mean...

There is a daughter, her mother, and her grandmother...two mothers and two daughters! Since there's only 3 people they caught 3 fish...

MY GO!

Bill bets Gary $100 that he can guess the score of the hockey game before the game starts. Gary accepts. Bill says the score will be 0-0, and he's right! How could Bill have known this?

Boooo YA!?

Rifted
February 18th, 2004, 06:58 AM
For Rifted's riddle:
A military funeral was in progress, and rifles were fired in the air to commemorate his honor. I dunno:P.

Right!

Bill bets Gary $100 that he can guess the score of the hockey game before the game starts. Gary accepts. Bill says the score will be 0-0, and he's right! How could Bill have known this?

Bill is a police officer and knows that one of the opposing teams will get busted for steroid usage before the game starts. =P

Ah well. It's a possibility. x]

*~Ashley~*
February 18th, 2004, 07:45 AM

Boooo YA!?

at the beginning of the game there is no score!

Kairyu
February 18th, 2004, 09:17 AM
it's the way the riddle is said, for Kairyu I mean...

There is a daughter, her mother, and her grandmother...two mothers and two daughters! Since there's only 3 people they caught 3 fish...

MY GO!

Boooo YA!?
Yup! Basically the mother is a daughter as well. Therefor, everyone caught a fish.

And to answer your current riddle:
Gary says he can guess the score of the game before it starts, which is always a score of zero to zero, lol. I hope I'm right :laugh: .

My favorite kind of riddles:
In a 3 way junction there is a house in which there are 2 brothers. Elder one always tell the TRUTH and the younger one alway LIE. Here a man comes from one road and wanted to go for a particular city (say city A) and he don't know which way to take out of the two. He knows that in that house there are 2 brothers who always made TRUE and FALSE statements but he doesn't know who is who. At one time there is one one brother at home. The traveller asks only one question from one of the brothers who is there at that moment and chooses the correct way for his destination. What is that question and whats the road he chooses?

The Evil One
February 18th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Is the question "What would the other brother say?"

And he'd go the correct road XD

Kairyu
February 18th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Of course he'll want to choose the correct road XD.

Technically, you're absolutly correct! He does it by asking:
If your brother is here instead of you what would he say for the question, "What is the correct way to city A" ? Then he chooses the other road whatever the brother say.

Looks like my riddles are too easy x_X... I'll post one more, but this one is probably too easy for you as well. But we'll see:

Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been,
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for its visit wait
But alas for their fate,
Tho' they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.

The Evil One
February 18th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Is it Time? If so, then I kick ***

Kairyu
February 18th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Is it Time? If so, then I kick ***
If you did indeed kicked *** then you've completely missed it becuase you are wrong! Hehe. But please, try again if you'd like to.

The Evil One
February 18th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Well, I had another answer ready, hehe.

Death!

Kairyu
February 18th, 2004, 11:25 AM
We look for Death? No, at least I wouldn't want to...
I am sorry but that is incorrect. Would you like to buy a vowel? lol.

ack we're on the next page already, hmm I'll repost my riddle again so others won't have go back to read it.

Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been,
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for its visit wait
But alas for their fate,
Tho' they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.

Its not Death, nor is it Time itself. Both are good answers and close too but keep trying..

*~Ashley~*
February 18th, 2004, 11:29 AM
wait is it the future? that's all i could come up with

Kairyu
February 18th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Future eh? Hmm... I'll give you that one, the exact answer I was looking for was "tomorrow." NOW, lets move on to a hard riddle.. mwuhahaha...

A pirate ship captures a treasure of 1000 golden coins. The treasure has to be split among the 5 pirates: A, B, C, D, and E in order of rank. The pirates have the following important characteristics:
Infinitely smart.
Bloodthirsty.
Greedy.
Democratic.
Starting with the lowest ranking pirate (E), each pirate in inverse rank order can make a proposal how to split up the treasure. This proposal can either be accepted or the pirate is thrown overboard. A proposal is accepted if and only if a majority of the pirates agrees on it.

What proposal should pirate E make?

Solve this (without cheating!) within 10 minutes of reading this and I'll.. I'll say you're definitely smarter than me ; _ ;. Good luck!

The Evil One
February 18th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Err...Fight to the death?

Kairyu
February 18th, 2004, 12:32 PM
I'm sure that method could also work but no. That'll land you better chances in shark infested waters anyway, lol. On top of that the answer is rather complicated when explained, which I have a feeling I may be doing that in a few posts if no one can figure this out.

John Denver
February 18th, 2004, 07:45 PM
everyone get's 200 pieces...nice and simple :D

gimme a BOO ya!

Kairyu
February 18th, 2004, 07:49 PM
everyone get's 200 pieces...nice and simple :D

gimme a BOO ya!
Sorry, 'fraid its not THAT simple. I'll let this go till tomorrow (my time. Which is roughly 13 hours from now as I post this.)
Oh come on, there's gotta be someone here smart enough answer this, isn't there?

Sapphire Titan
February 19th, 2004, 09:49 AM
So...where is he?? I must know!!!

The Evil One
February 19th, 2004, 10:19 AM
I KNOW THE ANSWER!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

However, I don't know if I'm allowed to tell...bah.

Kairyu
February 19th, 2004, 03:15 PM
So...where is he?? I must know!!!
Oops, sorry everyone. I got out of school a bit later than expected and then I went off to get a haircut, lol.

I guess that one was much too difficult, here's the answer: (get ready:P)

Pirate E should propose to give two coins to pirate A (or B), one coin to pirate C, and the remaining 997 coins to himself. Why?

The idea behind the solution for this puzzle is that a pirate will accept a proposal only if he knows that in case he would not accept the proposal, he would get less of the treasure.

If pirate A is the only one left, he would get all the golden coins. If pirates A and B are the only ones left, pirate B would die for sure, since pirate A is bloodthirsty and will reject all proposals of pirate B (since he will get all coins anyway).

If pirates A, B, and C are the only ones left, C needs the agreement of one of the other two. Pirate B will agree with every proposal since, as we have seen, he would die if he didn't. So pirate C, since he is greedy, should propose to keep everything for himself.

If four pirates are left, pirate D needs to make two other pirates agree with his proposal. So he proposes to give one coin to pirate A, one coin to pirate B, and the rest to himself. Pirates A and B will accept the proposal, since they are greedy, and if they didn't accept, they would get less in the three-pirate scenario.

But as we know, there are five pirates. If pirate E gives both pirate A (or B) and pirate C one coin more than in the previous case, they are willing to accept the proposal. Then a majority (three out of five) of the pirates will support the proposal, and pirate E can keep the rest of the treasure for himself.

Therefore, pirate E should propose to give two coins to pirate A (or B), one coin to pirate C, and the remaining 997 coins to himself.

And now you know. Ok, I'm tired of posting riddles, I wanna answer some! Anyone?

Sapphire Titan
February 20th, 2004, 12:21 PM
@ , =

....I lost y ou at "Why"...but you don't have to explain again.....

John Denver
February 20th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I got a riddle...

As I climb my moutain, I get hotter by stage...
I cannot escape my crystal cage...
What am I?

eh? eh? boo? ya?