PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Bashing

The Fly
September 6th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I didn't see anything like this, so here we go!

It's pretty obvious that Pokemon has its share of being insulted...whether it's the name, situation, or whatever, what is your take on this?

Renagadez
September 6th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Well I dont like pokebashers,becuase they try to make themselves feel better by making fun of somthing they dont know much about.they are just imature becuase they arent too openminded to many things.

serpenter
September 6th, 2005, 08:57 AM
well, i say, burn in hell, pokemon bashers!

Cybex Mewtwo
September 8th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Eh...they don't bug me at all. Besides, they're wasting their energy on bashing...

Yami_Zidane
September 8th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Let them do it if it makes them feel good, we all know that they do it because they have nothing better to do. In my experience just ignore them and they eventually get bored of it and dissapear

Loyal Arcanine
September 8th, 2005, 07:25 AM
I get annoyed, but I can deal with it.

Cloud Strife
September 8th, 2005, 07:59 AM
ppl in my school are pokemon bashers. But, most ppl in my school are smaller than me(I'm about 5.8ft) plus I'm gonna be a black belt in karate soon so i would kill them if they insulted me! Or pokemon!

Alter Ego
September 8th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Well, although I do believe that bashers need to die in a corner somewhere, I don't really have the energy to stirr up a fuss about them. They're not worth the effort it would take to bash them back.

Timbjerr
September 8th, 2005, 10:25 AM
On GameFAQS, there are a lot of them. They're annoying, but I usually win them out in a debate.

Chairman Kaga
September 8th, 2005, 11:53 AM
They're ignorant and therefore not worth my time. I just delight in knowing that most of them will be doing menial labor all their lives =p

Mr Cat Dog
September 8th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I think it's crap, but I don't bash... am I going to hell?

jynx
September 9th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Carole Boston Weatherford needs to die!!!

devilicious
September 9th, 2005, 08:59 AM
TEI R SUXZORZ!1!!1oneshift!two11eleven

LOOOOLOLOLOL 1337 NOOB DI3

Yeah, that's my opinion

Kay11190
September 9th, 2005, 09:04 AM
I don't like pokemon bashers at all but you really can't change thier minds so I tend to leave them alone rather than get ointo an arguement.

Minako
September 9th, 2005, 09:22 AM
I'm indifferent to it, really. I've only seen a few Pokmon bashers in real life, and a few sites on the internet. Though some bring up valid points [and even some I agree with], most of them are just doing it because it was a popular fad and they thought it was stupid... or something. o_O; I've even seen one site use Toshiro Ono's drawing style as a point against Pokmon, from the way he draws female chests in his manga. +snickers+

All in all, bashers are out for attention, and if someone decides to get into a debate with me, I'm all for it-- but for the most part, if you ignore them, they won't have a point in bashing anymore. :0

jynx
September 10th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I'm indifferent to it, really. I've only seen a few Pokmon bashers in real life, and a few sites on the internet. Though some bring up valid points [and even some I agree with], most of them are just doing it because it was a popular fad and they thought it was stupid... or something. o_O; I've even seen one site use Toshiro Ono's drawing style as a point against Pokmon, from the way he draws female chests in his manga. +snickers+

That's not really official Pokemon, besides, it is awful in a way...

Eon-Rider
September 10th, 2005, 07:57 AM
I don't really mind it... It isn't annoying or anything...

jynx
September 10th, 2005, 08:03 AM
I don't really mind it... It isn't annoying or anything...
Do you mean bashers or the drawings?

Charizard_Fire_God
September 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
They annoy me, but meh, tch, I always annoy 'em back for taintin' tha name of pkmn! Muahahaha! >3

kohei
September 11th, 2005, 03:19 AM
I don't mind. Plus, there arn't much Pkmn bashers I know.
They just don't care about Pokemon.

Greta
September 11th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Well I dont like pokebashers,becuase they try to make themselves feel better by making fun of somthing they dont know much about.they are just imature becuase they arent too openminded to many things.
^definitely agreed with everything you said.

I don't mind them at all now. What they do is just a waste of time.

Chiru
September 11th, 2005, 08:02 AM
I admit I've actually laughed at some of the websites with the animations of exploding pokemon *hides*. At my school if you like Pokemon you're automatically put into the "l00z3r" category, so I've already been shunned for it and I don't care. It really annoys me when people judge the games based on the show though >>.

Bayleef
September 11th, 2005, 08:25 AM
I say let them do what they want. You are free to express your opinion over any topic you want, and bashing fits into the category of expressing your opinion (Though mindless bashing is only the bare minimum). I only mind it when Pokemon bashers start insulting the people who enjoy it. =/

Natsuki
September 11th, 2005, 09:32 AM
I find Pokemon bashers to be quite annoying. People who bash Pokemon are arrogant, immature little pricks who should at least know a speck of something about the thing they are bashing. ^o^ Hence the reason that most if not all bashers are n00bs in my eyes. XD

They really don't know anything about Pokemon at all. And as to why they feel the need to make fun of people who enjoy it is beyond me. People say Pokemon is childish. I can assume they get that from the anime, which was originally directed at a younger audience in the first place, so of course it's going to seem a little childish. Whereas the games were directed at both young and older audiences, though the games take more configuration and strategizing than some games might.

All in all, bashers aren't worth my time or effort to try and correct their views on Pokemon. So there. XP

~Kelsey

Porygon
September 11th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Mwar, they're all bakas and they're not worth my time and energy. If they don't like Pokmon it's their own misguided problem...

jynx
September 11th, 2005, 11:15 AM
I don't mind. Plus, there arn't much Pkmn bashers I know.
They just don't care about Pokemon.
But Carole Boston Weatherford had great impact to Pokemon! o_O|||

Akio123
September 11th, 2005, 12:23 PM
See i don't like them, because it seems like they have nothing better to do, but bash pokemon. (Atlest the ones I have met atleast.)

Datriot
September 13th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I don't get annoyed, who cares, if that is what they think then so be it.

SonicThrust
September 13th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I usually laugh at them because most of the people at my school that bash Pokemon used to like it and would probably still play the games, but they are trying to act cool for their friends.