PDA

View Full Version : Musical Instruments

PM2008
February 17th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I was getting very bored of the threads so I'm making a new one.

Do you play a musical instrument, or want to play one? :knockedou
What instruments do you own?

Pokemaster10000
February 17th, 2004, 08:08 PM
I own a recorder.. *yawn* That's about all.

digi-kun
February 17th, 2004, 08:44 PM
violin...but the orchestra teacher...lets just say i get blamed for just about evrything

Pokemaster10000
February 18th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Oh yeah, I played a clarinet once. But you had too blow on it really hard in order to play it so I gave up on it.

Rifted
February 18th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Piano! Or, as my friends like to say, a "keyboard." >)

I'd give to learn something else as well, though. :]

*~Ashley~*
February 18th, 2004, 07:31 AM
i played the flute for 5 long years (4th-8th grade) then i quit. i wasn't good at it probably cuz i never practiced. i kinda sorta regret quitting now because everyone that is in band this year really seems to like it.

Pokemaster10000
February 18th, 2004, 08:25 AM
i played the flute for 5 long years (4th-8th grade) then i quit. i wasn't good at it probably cuz i never practiced. i kinda sorta regret quitting now because everyone that is in band this year really seems to like it.

Well I regreted quiting clarinet. Turns out I played the best at it out of all instruments.

*~Ashley~*
February 18th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Well I regreted quiting clarinet. Turns out I played the best at it out of all instruments.

i never tried any instrument other than the flute really. my sister plays the clarinet now. my mom hates band and wants her to quit. aren't parents supposed to be supportive and encourage their kids to continue with things and not quit? anyways, my sister was going to quit after about 3 months (she just started in Sept) but i convinced her to keep playing because i know i regret quitting and i don't want her to do the same.

Pokemaster10000
February 18th, 2004, 08:35 AM
I didn't give up on my recorder though. *takes out recorder and begins play it* *squeak!* Yow... O.o I better start practicing.

orange*berry
February 18th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Five years of percussion (Grr... rock drums. x.x()) and electric guitar.
I sing too, but that's not important. x.x
*Wanders off*

Cherrim
February 18th, 2004, 02:06 PM
I used to play trumpet, but I couldn't find lessons when I moved. ;_; So now I don't play any instruments. o.o

Igglybuddy
February 18th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I've been playing the clarinet for almost five years now. Evil thing...you think it's easy when you start playing it, then you get into High School and see the music... O_O

Oh well...I'm pretty good at it, 'specially considering the fact I never practice...LOL

PM2008
February 18th, 2004, 08:06 PM
I used to play trumpet, but I couldn't find lessons when I moved. ;_; So now I don't play any instruments. o.o

I also play the trumpet this is my 3rd year.
I can also play the piano, and I wish to be able to play the violin. :laugh:

This thread would have been much more sucessful if I wold have put the poll, but I had to press enter. :disappoin

22sa
February 18th, 2004, 09:00 PM
I have a guitar but I don't don't practice it much. =/ Just.. Stop playing it ever since I stopped taking lessons, and one of the strings has a dent in it, which, I'm not about willing to go fix it up.

Junichi
February 18th, 2004, 09:58 PM
I own a piano and a guitar. I like playing the guitar.

Pokemaster10000
February 19th, 2004, 12:56 PM
I've been playing the clarinet for almost five years now. Evil thing...you think it's easy when you start playing it, then you get into High School and see the music... O_O

Oh well...I'm pretty good at it, 'specially considering the fact I never practice...LOL

Cool. Another clarinet player. You lose your breath easily right?

Kayleigh
February 19th, 2004, 01:14 PM
I own a keyboard, and I can play the piano sort of well. ^_^; I'd love to learn how to play an electric guitar, drums, or violin, though.

Teara
February 19th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I used to play guitar really well...but my instructor was really bad and I eventually quit. It's too bad I did, I could play just about any christmas song, alot of old songs like Smoke on the Water, and the jaws theme. Now I'm trying to reteach myself.

22sa
February 19th, 2004, 09:51 PM
But doesn't it hurt your fingers to play guitar? x_x; Blah, gotta go back to it someday.

bna_li
February 19th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Piano. But I wanna learn the guitar. Kinda hurts, yeah.

Sakara
February 19th, 2004, 10:12 PM
I've Been playing trumpet for about 4 years now ^^

Blaine
February 20th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Wahoo! I love these types of threads. We had like a truckload of them at the old PC. Well, for starters, I've played the cello, recorder, guitar, tenor sax., piano, and uh.... I think that's it for now, lol. I own a sunburst Fender, a "keyboard" (I play by ear ^^), and a Jupiter tenor saxophone. I love it! I love playing a musical instrument! n.n

100marios
February 20th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I just play the Tenor Saxophone! I know how to play the keyboard a little bit too....
But I'm much better with the Tenor Saxophone!
Hehe...

Blaine
February 20th, 2004, 01:42 PM
I just play the Tenor Saxophone! I know how to play the keyboard a little bit too....
But I'm much better with the Tenor Saxophone!
Hehe...
I love it! Although, my neckstrap clashes with the dress I have to wear when we perform, lol. How long have you been playing?

Miyu-chan
February 20th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I have a flute and a recorder and I could play both, and I can also play the piano (But we don't have a piano...) I also have a harmonica and an ocrina (sp?) But I don't know how to play them. =P

PM2008
February 21st, 2004, 09:28 AM
Wahoo! I love these types of threads. We had like a truckload of them at the old PC. Well, for starters, I've played the cello, recorder, guitar, tenor sax., piano, and uh.... I think that's it for now, lol. I own a sunburst Fender, a "keyboard" (I play by ear ^^), and a Jupiter tenor saxophone. I love it! I love playing a musical instrument! n.n

Thanks for the comment, but what do you mean by "these types of threads" :laugh:

But doesn't it hurt your fingers to play guitar? x_x; Blah, gotta go back to it someday.

It might at the beginning but you develop calisis on your fingers after a while. :cross-eye

Blaine
February 21st, 2004, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the comment, but what do you mean by "these types of threads" :laugh:

It might at the beginning but you develop calisis on your fingers after a while. :cross-eye
Lol, I meant music/instrument oriented threads. n.n

Second, no, it doesn't. I have calussed hands so it doesn't hurt me to play with steel strings. ^^

KM2010
February 22nd, 2004, 04:08 PM
I play clarinet this is my first year playing it. :);)