PDA

View Full Version : Of Gods and Mortals (Rating PG-14 and higher)[Discussion]

Xhaiden
September 13th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Here is where all OOC posts can go ^^ discuss whatever here as long as it has to do with the rp

Shiney
September 17th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I have a question. Dakado really loves weapons, but I was wondering. What sort of weapons technology is in use in that time? If you don't have any definites, I had a few ideas. ;;>_> Also, what about cybernetics? And lastly, what sort of physical skills to the vampires have? XD

~Ozy~
September 17th, 2005, 01:34 PM
My main question at the moment is: when are we starting? I wanna! alderon and Lillian are rather anxious as well, and that is NOT pleasent for my mind-space.

Xhaiden
September 17th, 2005, 02:15 PM
LOL!!! ^^ Ok I am gunna post a bunch of info about the world here!

Weapons:

All weapons in this world are highly advanced, Slayers using fire based blaster rifles and various other fire based weapons because after all, this world is based on Anne Rice's. The vampires in this world are not like the stupid Dracula ones that if they get sprayed with holy water they die. No, the only way to kill a vampire in this world is to use fire, lots of fire. Also a vampire can kill another vampire. Vampires have the abilities of flight and seeing in the dark(not that they need it) Also they have ten times the strength of a human.

As for your question AD I will start soon ^^

Dactylus
September 17th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I believe I can answer the cybernetics question: yes. Seeing as how my character is laden with cybernetic implants and such.

Is it just me, or do we have a SERIOUS lack of vampire hunters? I mean, Sean seams to be the only hunter there. Oh, and Kagome, if you ever call the vampires from the book Dracula stupid again, I'll be forced to rip out your heart. Mrrrg.

And I understand vampires can only be killed by fire, but can they be hurt otherwise with simple bullets? I mean, I assume they can, but I've never seen that anime you speka of.

Xhaiden
September 17th, 2005, 03:27 PM
You wish Dac. First of all, if you have ever read Anne Rice you would understand where I am coming from. I love Dracula and Alucard and all, but Lestat is sooooo much better. It is more realistic in a sense. As for Hunters I have several characters that I will randomly use. Yes they can be wounded but it won't nessisarily kill them.

Dactylus
September 17th, 2005, 03:38 PM
...You know that Dracula is an old, nearly bald man, right? Who can summon wolves, is super strong, and has the ability to scale walls (like spiderman, woaaaah!)? You just don't GET more awesome then that. It's...not...possible!

NOT POSSIBLE, ARRRRGH!

And I've never read this manga you speak of, but how can its vampires be more realistic then the original vampire? Bwuh?

Xhaiden
September 17th, 2005, 05:51 PM
It's not a manga. It's a novel. Or a continued series rather. Interveiw with a vampire, The vampire Lestat, and Queen of the ****ed

Shiney
September 18th, 2005, 07:59 AM
I have a question. What about a imple vibro blade? (AKA a swod, knife, ect. that has an extremely high frequency vibration at the edge, allowing it to cut through a lot.) Wouln't cutting a vmapire into small pieces, or completely dismembering them be as effective as fire?

Xhaiden
September 18th, 2005, 08:49 AM
yes, but then again, if you can be quick enough for that then you must be pretty impressive.

Shiney
September 18th, 2005, 08:55 AM
yes, but then again, if you can be quick enough for that then you must be pretty impressive.

Dakado is *ALL* about his speed and agility. However, he only has human strength, and when his headpains strike, well, that pretty much makes his skills go right down the crapper, to be blunt.

Xhaiden
September 18th, 2005, 03:04 PM
It has bugun my lovvehs! Play away! *releases characters into the wilds* Go frreeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Lyst: MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Me: Not you *grabs and hogties*
Daemian: No more insomnia for you...
Me: Aww...but-
Daemian: NO!
Me: yes master....

Shiney
September 19th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Hurrah~ And here's to the (hopeful) sucess of portraying Dakado's character accurately! ^_^

~Ozy~
September 19th, 2005, 01:36 PM
\/\/007 for getting back into the sick and twisted side of my mind. I've been ignoring it of late...

Shiney
September 19th, 2005, 01:41 PM
\/\/007 for getting back into the sick and twisted side of my mind. I've been ignoring it of late...

Hey, what luck, I just made a new section of my mindspace that matches that very well. Must be the laack of sleep and overdose of homework. @_@

Xhaiden
September 19th, 2005, 08:23 PM
You have been accepted Dac's friend. From now on post all applications here please. Thankyou

Alter Ego
September 20th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Gah, I've missed the start-off because of the bloody cable-hassle that those Elisa twerps put up. Haven't even posted an RP sample yet and it's already too late to start writing one. >_<

*Sigh* Would it be acceptable if I copy/pasted an RP sample from one of the other RPs that I'm in?

Shadowfaith
September 20th, 2005, 11:37 AM
*Tries to forget that Kagome ever called Vampires from Dracula's era stupid*

*Breaths*

Okay, I happen to find Holy methods of weapon's better against Vampires seeing as they are unholy demons and of course, the opposite is said to effect them. Also Silver has allways been a good way of Killing Vampires.

But because we are based in a futuristic scene, perhaps you could say Vampires have developed throuought the ages to withstand such things...you could also say religeon has been ruled out. But I still stick with the Dracula Methods...

Oh and Alucard sooooo kicks any other Vampires butt!

Wolf_Goddess
September 20th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Name: Yaela (Pronounced as YEE-lah)
Speicies: Vampire
Appearance: Deadly gorgeous. Milk-white skin and deadly pointed canines with a brilliant white smile and blood red lips. Deep red, wavy hair that. She wears a black and red leoptard with a flowing skirt attatched to it. A sword sheath hangs at her side. She wears leather boots that end where her skirt ends.
Personality: A cold-blooded killer and hater of humans. She can be called an assisan, but kills much more that to be called that. She loves bewitching mortals with her everlasting beaty, and usually slits the throat with her deadly sword, though sometimes she tourtures her victims.
Past: Unknown even to her. She killed over thousands of people, most of them unassigned for murder, innocent bystanders. She is well-known throughout the world for her bloody killings, and her "trademarked" red hair and red lips.
Other: Usually drinks the blood of corpses, but not all of it. She usually leaves them as a stain of blood on the ground until someone finds them.
Rp Sample: Her red hair fans out as the wind caresses it. She stands on a balcony, looking down at the world below her, unaware of this vampire's existence. Her red lips, bright red in contrast to her milk-white skin, twitch in what appears to be a twisted smile. She bares no teeth when she does, so it appears as though it was somewhat forced. However, if she did reveal them, they would glisten as bleach-white, whiter then her skin. The twin canines would be pointed as many vampire's are. Her outfit is a black and red leather leotard with a flowing skirt attatched to it, ending at her knees. However, you cannot see the skin there, for she wore black leather boots that ended where the skirt ended.

She sheathes her bloodied sword, letting the red ooze out of the sheath and drip down on the pavement of the balcony. This was not her own. A dead woman's body lay on the ground of the room, tisted in an uncomfortable position when she had struggled to avoid the cursed vampire's sword, however she had failed. Blood slowly cascaded down her slit throat, blodying her nightgown. Yaela was a cold-blooded killer, murdering humans for no aparant reason. It wasn't for the riches, but for her blood lust. She dips her finger in the pool of blood the dead carcass caused, and licked it carelessly, grinning at the salty and bitter taste of it. She dips her finger in the blood again and looks at it, before whiping it across the ground. Her pale green eyes flash as the lights hit them, such as a cat's would do, then disappears into the shadows, perhaps to kill someone else...

((Yes, I PMed Kagome and was accepted beforehand.))

Xhaiden
September 20th, 2005, 05:53 PM
For the circumstances beyond my control, I am handing over the control of this rp to Alter-Ego. Thankyou

~Ozy~
September 21st, 2005, 05:31 AM
Apologies, everyone, I'm dropping out of this RP. Nothing against you all, just stuff I can't control.

Dactylus
September 21st, 2005, 05:43 PM
I'd like to make a note on Wolf Godess' latest post. It makes no sense.

She holds out her sword and it stops fire. What? It doesn't make sense that she can be invulnerable to the only thing able to kill vampires. I mean, really, is there a point to the rpg if she does that? Humans can no longer stand up to her, so what are us mortal characters supposed to do?

This requires correction, I think!

Wolf_Goddess
September 21st, 2005, 05:51 PM
GAH! I was rushing. My parents were badgering for me to get off the computer, so my mind was in a haze...

Alter Ego
September 22nd, 2005, 10:46 AM
Whew, finally made my first IC post. Sorry for being absent everyone, (I'm supposed to take care of this RP after all...<_<) but I've had a lot of things to do. Won't happen again thought, I'm watching it like a hawk from here on out.

Tara14241
September 23rd, 2005, 06:10 AM
Name: Tara Stevens (her name is a psudomym)
Speicies: Half Vampire, Half Human
Appearance:http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/Gregora/Avy.jpg
Personality: She is bored easily, and sees the lower vampires as lower than scum and will sometimes go after the higher vampires, to satisfy her need for a challenge. She is on her own side, neither working for the vampires, nor for the humans.
Past: She never knew her parents, but some say her father could only be Dracula himself as she is very strong. She was found on the doorstep and was used by a family of humans as a slave laborer, until she got fed up and killed the family. A while later, she was betrayed as well by a Vampire, so her own hatred are displayed equally.
Other: She has the abilities(if too powerful, just tell me; I'm using some of the same abilities as seen on Hellsing)to teleport by appearing to melt into darkness, to travel through walls, and a regenitive ability that allows her to regenerate even if all's left is a pile of gore, as well as a higher level of strength (she can lift no more than 50-100 lbs without breaking a sweat), and she can endure 3 days of non-stop sunlight, 7 days in and out of sunlight without weakening. Her weapons are a .9mm baretta, loaded with blessed silver bullets and a sword which is made of pure blessed silver and the hilt is made of an aluminum alloy.
Rp Sample:

The red moon shown behind her as she walked on. She could easily melt into darkness and teleport, but she felt like walking. The night was beautiful and she felt it was meant to be enjoyed like she was enjoying it by walking. She knew that she was hungry and there was only one way to fulfill her hunger-- by drinking human blood. She found a homeless old man and drank his blood and as she did, a gun was pressed against her temple and she kept drinking.

The hammer of the pistol hit and the report could be heard for blocks, but no one was around to hear it. The person who had fired walked away, muttering about "weak vampires" as a laugh was heard and the blood and gore that was her head reformed and she stood up.

"You thought one lousy bullet would kill me, human?" she asked with a toothy smile, revealing her enlongated incisors.

"This isn't possible!" the human shouted in terror as he walked back.

"Apparently, I beg to differ," she said, revealing a sadistic smile that was very creepy.

Screaming was heard for city blocks before dying out and all was quiet. Tara walked away, smiling as two carcasses laid on the ground.

"Not the best I've had and certainly not the worst," she stated to herself as she walked away into the night.

Dactylus
September 23rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
Alright people, heres the thing: there is no point for me to continue this rpg. Oh, and, before I begin, Gogo did give me consent to kill his character as well.

We fought Wolf, and it ended up beingwell, not even a fight, more of a massacre. Its not my place to say whether it was a fair battle or not, but I certainly believe it to be totally ridiculous in its own right. First of all, she held up her sword and halted flames, but that wont be discussed because she kindly removed that segment. Instead, her character merely hopped away from the jet of fire. Okay, thats cool, no problem.

Then, Gogo fires at her with two guns, one of which was a high velocity machine pistol, and she dodges every bullet. Now, Im no expert on vampire speeds, but that seems like nonsense, no matter how much faster then a human she is.

That seemed a bit weird and annoying, so I pulled out all the stops. I never expected her to be killed, I was sure her character could escape, I mean, it wouldnt be FAIR to place someones character in a position where they have alternatives, right? In fact, to put the odds against my favor even more, I fixed it so that the attack would completely deplete my bikes power supply, leaving me stranded after I had done it. I then proceeded to fire a cylindrical cone of fire that reached a diameter of something like ten feet before it even got to where Wolf was.

But hey, who says a diameter of ten feet fired directly parallel to the ground reaches the floor right? Certainly not the laws of physics. So she ducks and comes out unscathed. Were done for.

Again, its not my place to say if the fight was fair or not, but there just wasnt any alternative. Myself and Gogo couldnt run away; shed catch us easily and Zen had no power or gas. We couldnt fight; two mortals fighting a vampire would be a most one-sided battle, and, of course, guns didnt affect her and her pseudo-physics. So the only way to resolve this with a scrap of pride left was to use Zens self destruct mechanism. So yeah, were dead.

I dont really care if she finds some way to escape from this too, this rpg turned out to be, at least for my character, a total bomb since I was immediately placed into a circumstance where I had no chance of winning or even fleeing. Additionally, I only have time for one rpg, what with prep school, so instead of continuing this one, I left for a different one, and left with a bang.

So, sorry if this caused any trouble, and thanks for letting me have fun in your rpg (for like the first three posts).

((My apologies if I sound at all whiny or something.))

Alter Ego
September 23rd, 2005, 11:48 PM
*Sigh* You know, this is just a lovely thing to wake up to guys...-_-

Wolf Godess, Dactylus made a good point, wether it sounds whiny or not, you can't dodge every attack, that's godmodding, plain and simple. Remember, Kagome said that no-one could be perfect, not even a vampire. And no, being undead doesn't count as a flaw, the others will have to be actually capable of harming your character as well, if you don't want her toasted then just have her escape. How much fun do you think it will be for others if you keep that up? Heck, how would you like it if someone did that to you? I have a good mind to post up a certain piece of writing you made a while back (You know what I'm talking about)...I really expected you to know better Wolf Godess. <_<

Meh, so there's no persuading you to continue with this RP, is there, Dactylus? Under normal circumstances I'd ask Wolf Godess to edit (Again). *Sigh* Can't even say that I blame you for leaving. Sorry for this mess. I should have been paying closer attention to the RP.

And Tara, your character is waaaay too powerfull even to be a full vampire, not to mention that she's only a halfling. The increased strength is fine with me, and it has been decided that only fire can kill vampires so I can tolerate regeneration, but it will have to take some time (No jumping right back up after being chopped into a gory pile, m'kay?), at least enough for others to escape or burn your corpse. As for being resistant to sunlight, that is completely irrelevant since the sun has dissapeared (As explained in the environment description of the RP). I'm afraid you will have to discard teleportation, walking through walls, and melding with the shadows. Vampires get nightvision, so you can have that instead (Meager compensation, I know, but it's hard enough to keep vampires from being godmoddy as it is). Also, I don't quite understand your char's hatred for lower vampires since she herself is a half-breed, the lowest of the low in vamp society.

Anyway, make those changes and you're accepted.

Shadowfaith
September 24th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah sorry about being inactive and all, but for the past three days I have had School and work one after the other.

Thursday I had school and came home and straight to work.

Friday was the same, and today I have work from 10 till 7 so I won't have much chance in till tomorrow or later tonight.

So if anyone can help me by giving me a way to make my characters known once again, then that would be most appreicated.

Untill then, see ya!

Wolf_Goddess
September 24th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Merf.

Sorry if I cause twoubles for everyone. I'm not used to full-on-full fighting.

Dactylus, I am sorry for doing this to you. You can stay, I shall leave. Besides, you were there before me, and I see no reason for you to leave.

At least you're not sending me hate mail as someone else does (and continues to and hates every character I create in every RP I happen to be in with her), so go ahead and enjoy this RP, I'll be leaving.

At least you handled the situation with grace, and not go bursting out in flames (pardon the pun) as I did when someone powerplayed one of my characters. (If she reads this, I'll probably recieve more hate mail <_<). So, I am sorry. You can continuing RPing, I don't want to RP in a place that makes me feel inferior anyway. My writing can never match your's, so you deserve to stay.

And I won't.

Sorry once again, and I won't post anymore in the thread. I don't want to be known by any of you as an annoying little girl who wants her character to be ultra-strong, I just didn't want Yaela to die, for then I won't have any character to RP.

Don't go blaming yourself, either, Alter Ego. It isn't your fault, anyway. Don't feel down because of the actions I caused.

Good Bye everyone, I enjoyed RPing with you for a short amount of time.