PDA

View Full Version : An accident I paid a high price for...

manectric_chief
September 14th, 2005, 04:22 PM
an expsition at school, two whole classes watching...and I happen to reveal my Pokemon obsession by accident, my USB card had some screenshots I made and some episode clips I had, but I forgot those were there, a friend starts up my laptop, and opens my USB card..the nightmare starts, at first I didn't understand why they were laughing, then I look at the proyection, and I see all the screenshots and the ep previews, then I had to scroll all the way down to the presentation, I could barely do it...don't know how I managed to get out, but I did...and you?, did something like this ever happen to you? (accidentally revealing your pokemon obsession?

Karasuma
September 14th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I changed it. Yes, it did. I make my SC's so I happen to take this laptop to school cause I putted a report in and as soon as I pressed power it showed like an intro of my sc's and everyone thought that it was a new Pokemon game that was coming out later. Then I explained that I make SC's in PC and they liked it so much that I share my eppys every time I make a new one. Guess they are all Poke-maniacs.

Sailor Chibi Lunatone
September 14th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Well, I'm pretty open about my Pokemon obsession, so nothing like that ever happened to me.

Squeegee Beckenheim
September 14th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Wow, I feel for you. That must have been a situation you wish you could reverse. Nothing like that has ever happened to me like that before. I would just use my sence of humor to come up with a witty comment to turn the attention away from the shots.

manectric_chief
September 14th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Wow, I feel for you. That must have been a situation you wish you could reverse. Nothing like that has ever happened to me like that before. I would just use my sence of humor to come up with a witty comment to turn the attention away from the shots.

true, but I panicked, I didn't know what to do, or what to say, or what I'll do tomorrow...

Squeegee Beckenheim
September 14th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I have been told before that when you reveal something you have been hiding look at someone else at what guilty pleasure they may be hiding.

Example: The quaterback in the back on the class may have a obsession with Desperate Housewives.

Sailor Chibi Lunatone
September 14th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. You must see things differently, but I believe a Pokemon obsession is nothing to hide... unless you're not a geek, but I am.

manectric_chief
September 14th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I have been told before that when you reveal something you have been hiding look at someone else at what guilty pleasure they may be hiding.

Example: The quaterback in the back on the class may have a obsession with Desperate Housewives.

I hardly know any other peoples' secrets, but this is so embarassing...I mean, a living nightmare!, even the teacher laughed!

Squeegee Beckenheim
September 14th, 2005, 04:40 PM
This is not a nightmare. Just say, "I am able to do what I wish. However remember when you embarass yourself I will not laugh at you. Why? Because I know the Golden Rule. 'Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you'."

manectric_chief
September 14th, 2005, 04:43 PM
This is not a nightmare. Just say, "I am able to do what I wish. However remember when you embarass yourself I will not laugh at you. Why? Because I know the Golden Rule. 'Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you'."
well, that works, but not always, I said, so what?, but I was red, and sweating, and people answered:, so..that!

Miyu-chan
September 14th, 2005, 04:52 PM
This should go into Pokemon Discussion... o.o;

*MOVED*

Porygon
September 14th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Mwar, if they do not "approve" of your Pokmon obsession, who cares? I mean, what can they do about it, laugh at you and tease you? Pssh. Just ignore them... mwar, if they are disrespectful to you for what you like, then they're not woth your time, just concentrate on the things that make you happy, not the things give you grief ~_^

manectric_chief
September 14th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Mwar, if they do not "approve" of your Pokmon obsession, who cares? I mean, what can they do about it, laugh at you and tease you? Pssh. Just ignore them... mwar, if they are disrespectful to you for what you like, then they're not woth your time, just concentrate on the things that make you happy, not the things give you grief ~_^

thanks for your support, but lemme tell you: I suck at ignoring others' comments, besides a great part of my life is social

Porygon
September 14th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Hmmm... mwar, I can see your point. *sigh* Well, hey, just don't let it embarass you, and ya never know, maybe now ya can start expressing your Pokmon obsession publicly now ~_^

manectric_chief
September 14th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Hmmm... mwar, I can see your point. *sigh* Well, hey, just don't let it embarass you, and ya never know, maybe now ya can start expressing your Pokmon obsession publicly now ~_^

you think?, did it work for you?, if it did, maybe I stand a chance...against all my school...

Natsuki
September 14th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Ah, that kinda sucks. .___.;; You see, us Pokemon fans wouldn't normally be so skittish about revealing our love of Pokemon to people if so many people (in our own age groups, mostly) didn't object it. <<; So far, only my three closest friends know, and being my best friends they really couldn't care less if I like Pokemon. XD

I did however reveal my obsession once in fifth grade. ^^; Though back then most kids in my class still sort of liked it, but weren't as obsessed as I was. I was drawing a sketch of a Charmander or something at my desk, when a girl and boy in my class came up to me and pointed out how good I was at drawing. They asked if I still liked Pokemon...I said yes (I could have stopped there...XD).

But then I went on and blurted out how I watch the show, collect the cards and play the games. @___________@ They just kinda stood there and exchanged looks of confusion...then they stared at me for a while and just walked away. XD; God, was I ever embarrassed. .___________.

Well, that's basically it...I'm not as obsessed now as I was back then, so there's a lesser chance of me making a fool out of myself again nowadays. XD

~Kelsey

Chairman Kaga
September 14th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I was mocked for being a fan in the sixth grade, but by the time I was in high school I was very open about my obsession and people either didn't care or actually respected me for it...I know this is an exception to the rule, but I think we have a lot of underground fans who won't admit they like it here. My girl-who-is-a-friend-but-not-girlfriend who graduated this year is a huge fan too, probably older than all the other pokefans at school, and never got any trouble for it either...

manectric_chief
September 14th, 2005, 05:40 PM
thanks for all your support!, but as tomorrow draws nearer, I'm unsure of my fate, or my friends' fate

Chibi-chan
September 14th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Holy crap! That's horrible...;-; can you say that it was a younger sibling's or cousins or neighbors Pokemon stuff??

Anyway, I sleep with a Pikachu doll ._. He is torn, dirty and pretty beaten up by my dog. I love him though <3 He's about...5 years maybe. He's also in one of the pics on my cell phone! <3 Only a couple of my friends know that I sleep with it, but they still dont know I like Pokemon...anyways, good luck tomorrow MC!

pika57
September 14th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Ooh. That stinks. I too hide my Pokemon obssesion. I don't like people to know. it would totaly send my rep into the negatives(its already at zero) if anyone found out. Hmm maybe we should make a club.

eX.A.K.R.
September 14th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Oh, come on. There's nothing to hide in a Pokmon obsession. I really don't know why people try to hide their love for Pokmon, or why people laugh at "older" (read: 12 years old or older) Pokmon fans. If you like something, you should let others know about it. Why try so hard to hide your Pokmon obsession and make your life so difficult? Do you think that not liking Pokmon is a sign of maturity? In my opinion, openly liking or disliking something, and respecting other people's likes and dislikes, is the true sign of maturity. Liking Pokmon doesn't mean you are nave; likewise, not liking Pokmon doesn't mean you are mature. If it's all about the "coolness" factor, then it's even more pathetic. Liking something just because it is viewed as "cool" and disliking another thing because it is "uncool" doesn't make you look "cool", it only makes you look like an idiot with zero attention span. Most Pokmon fans nowadays are people who really like it, and not just people who use something that is viewed as "cool" to look "cool". Those kind of people are just wasting time and money liking something they are sure going to start hating once it's "coolness" dies out, unlike those who are truely devoted to something, whether it is "cool" or not.

manectric_chief
September 14th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Holy crap! That's horrible...;-; can you say that it was a younger sibling's or cousins or neighbors Pokemon stuff??

Anyway, I sleep with a Pikachu doll ._. He is torn, dirty and pretty beaten up by my dog. I love him though <3 He's about...5 years maybe. He's also in one of the pics on my cell phone! <3 Only a couple of my friends know that I sleep with it, but they still dont know I like Pokemon...anyways, good luck tomorrow MC!

thanks!, I'm really gonna need it

Karasuma
September 14th, 2005, 06:22 PM
I changed it. Yes, it did. I make my SC's so I happen to take this laptop to school cause I putted a report in and as soon as I pressed power it showed like an intro of my sc's and everyone thought that it was a new Pokemon game that was coming out later. Then I explained that I make SC's in PC and they liked it so much that I share my eppys every time I make a new one. Guess they are all Poke-maniacs.

Not all of them were Poke-maniacs. Some jocks beated me up for this ow :dead:

Geometric-sama
September 14th, 2005, 06:36 PM
I've always been open about my obsession, so people laugh at me anyway XD. Actually, I find I'm not so obsessed as I was, now I've seen other Anime.

Psyduck
September 14th, 2005, 07:28 PM
I have had a similar thing happen to me. I think it was about 2 months ago. I was a a poker game with my friends and other people in my age range. 17-20 I would say.

I had never been big on cell phones as some people our, my parents had gotten me one 2 years + ago, one that you pay by the minutes. I had just started to use it more so I had been taking it where ever I went.

Well, when first got it, I bought a pokemon ring tone, but my current ring tone was set to the default. Well, anyway I forgot the pokemon ring tone was still in the ringtones list.

Anyway, while I am playing poker, my one friend starts looking through my phone. Suddenly, I hear him start laughing, then it hit me. Pokemon ring tone, he sees the word pokemon. He clicks it on and I had the phone and the phone closed before the ringtone was going strong. I told him it was one there from years ago, and I can't delete it. He bought that.

Secretly, I wish I could use that ring tone as my real one, but I would be too embarrised. I love pokemon, but people would make fun of a 20 year old guy in love with pokemon. Will be 21 in a few months.

Well, anyway heres some advice. I have noticed, people not obsessed with pokemon know nothing about it, if they did in the past, they have forgotten most of it. They wouldn't be able to tell the difference between zapdos and jolton.

So, just don't say anything else about it. They will forget quick, if they haven't already. Reminding them will lead to them remembering longer. Also, don't bring your latop in for a while, it will remind them, even if the stuff is off it now.

I haven't ever heard anything more about that pokemon ring tone.

Innocence
September 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Well, If i saw a 17-20 year old guy/girl who likes pokemon, I would just think: So what? I see plenty of people that age on PC! But if i didn't like pokemon/PC, It would be a different story. Mwar. Don't listen to me. I'm just a good for nothing 10 year old who no-one listens to anyway.

[Technya]
September 14th, 2005, 07:52 PM
In my USB card there is a file all dedicated to screenshots of Pokemon, I have several GB games, I have some of the movies on DVD, I sleep with a little Pikachu plush toy, I have several portfolios that have Pokemon stuff in it and not to mention that there is a small Treeko plushie on the dash of my car.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love Pokemon. Whether they make fun of me or not I care not. If they accept it, fantastic if not? Well, there's a special little place where I send them if they get out of hand.

Eon-Rider
September 14th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Lol. Nice story. No that hasn't really happened to me. No one really cares.

Kylie-chan
September 15th, 2005, 12:12 AM
I'm open about it, and the only people who give a muffin are people who also like Pokmon and come up to me to talk about it. As far as I know there aren't any of those people in my school now though. ;-; Oh, well, I really don't care what they think of me~ :x I don't consider Pokmon childish; they consider it out of their own twisted misperceptions, and most of them have no idea what Pokmon even IS - sheer prejudice, and like I give a toss about the opinions of a prejudiced, immature busybody who spends all their time nosing in other people's lives because they have no life themselves. @_@; It's up to me what I like, not them.

Cybex Mewtwo
September 15th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Meh...people who never knew about it, then found out laughed like everyone else. But it doesn't bug me. I've been laughed at for A LOT worse than little monsters that 10 year olds play with. So, let em laugh. I could care less. I <3 POKEMON and no one can stop me from enjoying it!

manectric_chief
September 15th, 2005, 05:35 AM
well, its 8:00 and the nightmare hasn't ended yet, some girls asked me for my laptop to do a homework, and instead they SOMEHOW found my largest screenshot and videos file, and showed it to the class, I'm writing in the bathroom!, anyway you and some friends suport me, for that thank you, but this mess has gotten worse, still, I absolutely refuse to delete those files, I'll live my life like this

Cybex Mewtwo
September 15th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Y'know what MC? Their all a bunch of insensitive jerks. so what if you like pokemon? I'm 2 years older, and I still wig out if I get a Charizard in a booster pack! It doesn't get to me at all. And hopefully it doesn't get to you. I've got your back.

wishirulz
September 15th, 2005, 06:31 AM
me and my friends at lunch
pat: you still like pokemon cards or even pokemon!
phil (me): it brings money!
pat: 7 year olds, pokemon
mateo: 30 year old, pokemon! (he was on my side)
*looks down and thinks*
i only go on PC for fun it's not an obsetion it's that i have nothing to do

eX.A.K.R.
September 15th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Tell you what. Since it's already all out, just come clean about it. Reveal everything. Say that you really like Pokmon, that it's your passion. Say that it is better than liking something just because it is trendy or "cool". Point them to this forum thread. If they are still laughing and making jokes about you, just shut them out and ignore them. They are the pathetic people, not you. You gain, because you now don't have to try hard to hide a secret anymore.

Cybex Mewtwo
September 15th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Tell you what. Since it's already all out, just come clean about it. Reveal everything. Say that you really like Pokmon, that it's your passion. Say that it is better than liking something just because it is trendy or "cool". Point them to this forum thread. If they are still laughing and making jokes about you, just shut them out and ignore them. They are the pathetic people, not you. You gain, because you now don't have to try hard to hide a secret anymore.
Amen to that. That is way too true.

Charizard_Fire_God
September 15th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Continuing tha topic from where it left off: Get used ta it. Tch, I learnt ta ignore 'em tha hard way, like you probably are now, tch, but t'day I don't really care 'bout their rants.

Yar free ta like whatever ya want an' nobody has tha right ta flame ya for it. XP

manectric_chief
September 15th, 2005, 08:40 AM
here's the result of operation: be proud of Pokemon: moderate, some people acted like before, some laughed, some parodyzed me, and some got out of the way..is that good or bad?

Alter Ego
September 15th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Well, if some got out of the way it's a good thing, no? Don't worry, as long as you try to show as little shame as possible the rest will just grow bored and finding something else to laugh at.

Smarties-chan
September 15th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Wow... I think most people in my class know I like pokemon, but they don't care and if someone doesn't respect your interests you should really think over if he really deserves to be your friend true friends like their friends no matter what his/her obsessions might be everone has the right to have his/her obsessions it's none of anyone else's business I think you should be proud of being a pokemon fan instead of living in shame people should really think if pokemon really is naive or stupid I mean many people kick the ground while standing on a board with wheels aka. skateboarding to be honest is that so much ''cooler'' than pokemon?

Charizard_Fire_God
September 15th, 2005, 09:10 AM
here's the result of operation: be proud of Pokemon: moderate, some people acted like before, some laughed, some parodyzed me, and some got out of the way..is that good or bad?
Well if they can't accept ya tha way they are, then what kinda friends are they? I have VERY few friends IRL, tch, but I make sure that tha ones I hve can accept me tha way I am... tch, an' if they don't like pkmn it's their st00pid little problem, tch, not yars.

eX.A.K.R.
September 15th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Exactly how many people laughed at you and exactly how many people got out of their way or acted like before?

Those people who are acting like before may probably be laughing at you inside (or maybe not), but at least they have enough respect for you and your passion of Pokmon to not laugh directly at you for that. And as for those who are not, they may also be harbouring a secret love for Pokmon. Who knows?

manectric_chief
September 15th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Exactly how many people laughed at you and exactly how many people got out of their way or acted like before?

Those people who are acting like before may probably be laughing at you inside (or maybe not), but at least they have enough respect for you and your passion of Pokmon to not laugh directly at you for that. And as for those who are not, they may also be harbouring a secret love for Pokmon. Who knows?
maybe...I thought I saw someone log in here a few weeks ago, but I wasn't sure, well, I'm definitely not turning back to hide

The Dash
September 15th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I pay the price for bringing my laptop to school and using it for school work, its COMPLETELY Pokmon themed. Eg. Instead of theEgg Timer cursor its a spinning Pokball....

Nintendo freak
September 15th, 2005, 12:24 PM
(First of all, I don't mean to offend anyone by this. It's just how I am.)

I could really care less about people finding out that I like Pokemon. I used to keep it hidden, but now that I'm a bigger fan than ever before, I don't care what others say about it. I even used pokemon-patterned fabric for a pillow we're making in Consumer Science!

(Once again, I don't mean to offend anyone by this. It's just how I am.)

serpenter
September 15th, 2005, 12:39 PM
this couldent happen to me, cus most ppl know i liek pokemon,
if you like summat you like it, an dont let know one tell ya otherwise

MagnuM
September 15th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I guess it's a little too late for prevention but... you put your presentation with your Poke collection :surprised

My suggestion to you is to just laugh it off because there is no sense denying it at this point. A "how did THAT get there" probably won't work... but, I don't know how long USB keys/cards have been out; you could just say that you have a lot of really old stuff on there and you don't like it as much as you used to (even if it's not true). If people still have a problem with it, just say "who cares". It's not like you are less of a person because of it. You'll truely know who your friends are at this point I'd say. But the key is not to act embarrassed even if you are embarrased as hell... take it lightly and... laugh!

EVERYONE has their own guilty pleasures and if someone claims that they don't, they are probably lying :P. Ya just hope that stuff doesn't leak out. Just keep thinking that... it could have been worse. It could have been some other collection...

If you're thinking that it's easy for me to say, take this. I'm 19 now, but when I was in grade 9, I wore a Pokemon shirt to school once. And not just any Pokemon shirt... it was blue and orange and stuck out like you wouldn't believe! I dunno what I was on that morning that made me grab that shirt, I just usually wore it at home back then. But realizing it was too late once I got there, I knew I was in for a tough day. So whenever I'd hear "Haha, you like Pokemon" I would sarcastically reply "YA! That's right! POKEMON YEA!" and then laugh like an idiot like I was making a big joke. Normally I would have just froze and went as red as a tomato. I could have easily had my jacket on all day or switched to my gym shirt for the rest of the day, but that would have shown that I was hiding something and showing embarassment, so I toughed it out the whole day. Needless to say I never wore that shirt in public again. Things died down after about a week and things were back to normal again. That was Junior High for me, maybe High School would be a lot less forgiving. Yup, I'm surprised with how much crap I put up with through grade school, kids can be so cruel! But we all have faced it and we all survived it!

So whenever I have to do a presentation in college with my laptop, I go through everything making sure there can be no slip ups! Wallpaper changes, zipping, encryption, hidden files, I lock everything down, do what I have to do, and return everything to normal again.

Anyways, good luck to ya man! Tell us how everything goes!

Charizard_Fire_God
September 16th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Pokmon T-shirt, eh? Tch, I wore one in tha 10th grade. Oo;

Indeed, we all have our own pleasures... tch, an' mine for examle are very well archived in a 3d party underused format with an encryption and an extension change in some user-forsaken folder, tch, so I guess I'm safe. ^^;;

Tha main thing is ta not let 'em see ya bleed, tch, or else they'll pick on ya. Just be honest an' don't hold back. Sure, yar popularity may decrease, tch, but it ain't worth bein' popular through morons like them anyways. XP

FireEmporer
September 16th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Why does it really matter if people People know? I woulda went "Yeah! I like pokemon! AND I SLEEP WITH A TEDDY BEAR TOO! (Really, I don't.)" You gotta laugh with them, that way, they can't laugh at you.

WhereAmI
September 16th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I am probally the same age as you, so I can imagine what you mean. I hide my obsession from my family even. Plus I don't have the pokemon files on the flash card readily seen like that.

charizard_maa
September 16th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I hide my ossenion at school. The only time people can see me invole in pokemon is at away games and trips for school. I be playing my pokemon games and some people can see if they look over my sholder. They asked and I said "Yes, I am a pokefan and a proud one."

Not many know that I a pokefan I well that ok with me. IF people make fun of me because of that then. Like I said, "Bad fame is better then no fame."

viridian doubletongue
September 17th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Something like that happened to me once. I draw alot & do art on my computer so one day I decided to make my own TCG similar to the Pokemon one cos thats where I got my inspiration for it. I made a set of 10 test cards & brought them in into school to show to my friends, but one of my least liked people got hold of them & started shoving them in front of everyones faces thinking the were pokemon, & shouting it out to the class. Even when he found they weren't everyone still made fun of me.

One Idea for the future might be to if you have windows XP create separate users with different setting, one for things like Pokemon & one for other things. Then you could put a password on the pokemon user so no-one could access it.

Esupio
September 17th, 2005, 06:02 AM
and I still wig out if I get a Charizard in a booster pack!
same here XD
just tell them "If you ask me why I like pokemon I'll ask you (insert whatever he/she likes here)"

that usually works

Psyduck
September 17th, 2005, 08:37 PM
You should of folllowed my advice and kept the laptop out of the class for a while. Anyway, like other people have said, its too late to deny any of it. If you have the guts, you could play the crazy pokefanitic. Yell, to everyone you love pokemon. Seem very essentric. They will think you are just crazy. When they make fun, laugh and act crazy. They will get over it, thinking you are funny, almost class clownish. This only works if you are brave enough to follow threw. I doubt I would be brave enough. But as you described your situation, I visualized myself in your class and standing up to support you and saying I like pokemon too. Strength in numbers. Maybe, there is another hidden pokemon fanitic in your class, they just need more support before coming out of the closet.

I have thought about declaring my pokemon obsession to some people, but then I change my mind. I have given some people hits, so that if they figure it out, I will have to admit to it. One such clue was the number 54. I told someone that the number was significent in my life, a secret. Has anyone given hints?

jynx
September 18th, 2005, 04:46 AM
I never did hide my obsession successfully...

*sighs*

Kurono
September 18th, 2005, 05:01 AM
XD Yeah earlier this week, we had our computer class right...and it was getting boring...so I went to PC(PokeCommunity Duh..XD) and then the cheap old computer froze on me...so I couldn't close it....not very long from that the teacher came along...and of course I was told to reveal the reason as to why I was at a Pokemon site...of course I had to tell him...and then...well....things happened....and I just sat there...head facing the ground...quietly laughing at myself..xD

jynx
September 18th, 2005, 05:07 AM
XD Yeah earlier this week, we had our computer class right...and it was getting boring...so I went to PC(PokeCommunity Duh..XD) and then the cheap old computer froze on me...so I couldn't close it....not very long from that the teacher came along...and of course I was told to reveal the reason as to why I was at a Pokemon site...of course I had to tell him...and then...well....things happened....and I just sat there...head facing the ground...quietly laughing at myself..xD
Most school computers are cheap... :D

If I were you I'd say that I clicked something wrong.

viridian doubletongue
September 18th, 2005, 06:35 AM
You could of turned off the monitor.

manectric_chief
September 18th, 2005, 06:14 PM
sorry for my absence, traveling...anyway, the plan's not going so good, but I'm looking forward to my sucess, I'm not going back to hiding or embarassment

Cybex Mewtwo
September 19th, 2005, 06:15 AM
There you go. show no fear! I pray for your succsess.

Rhykasho
September 19th, 2005, 08:43 AM
sorry for my absence, traveling...anyway, the plan's not going so good, but I'm looking forward to my sucess, I'm not going back to hiding or embarassment

That be the way to do it :D
I remember when I told everyone in my IT class that I liked pokemon, they laughed at me and did all the usual rubbish, though people allready laughed at me alot cause of the way I act during school hours (random of course......wait, I always act like that :\), at the end of the day, they are the ones who should get a life (or in my case me O.o)
Anyway, good luck-ness ;)

Caroline
September 21st, 2005, 10:33 PM
Hmm... well, I'm not really open about it. I don't really talk about it much.
But then again, in real life at times I can be quite quiet so my class mates haven't had the chance to find out about my Pokemon obsession.
Though my class mates do know that I am a huge fan of May/Haruka because they can at times see my MSN avatar which at times can be of May.
When asked about it I said, "I like the way she looks... and the pictures that I found of her look rather nice so I decide to use them. It's not like I like Pokemon..."
I really don't want to admit it... but at times to the people who I am really close to I will say, "Yes, I'm still a Pokemon fan but nowadays it's not one of my favourite anime."

But yes, some of the stories I have read in this topic seem rather embarrassing. I'm sorry to hear that some of you had to go through such ordeals like those.

Hinoshi-chan
September 21st, 2005, 11:49 PM
Dont worry if they laugh at you, its what you like. Not them!
I have a plushie treeko , torchic, mudkip, charmander, eevee, mew , marill (( that talks )) and Everyone knows i uggle em, so dont worry, its youre life, not theres ((any way, bet ya they like pokemon too, or in the past ))