PDA

View Full Version : What Happens When you die?

digi-kun
February 19th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Well...basically when you die...if you die, what happens?

the only ones i can think of is heaven, "the 'H' word, reincarnation, ur just dead? or maybe "Wht? i'll never die! (insert crazy laughter here)

I believe in the heaven, h*ll theory, my religion believes in the ur just dead theory

Question: is this topic appropiate at all?

22sa
February 19th, 2004, 07:59 PM
I only believe when you die, you drift into an eternity of Heaven or H*ll.

Roxas
February 19th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Hm....I think this topic will be subjected to a lot of flaming....mods better watch out...

But as for my thoughts on death...hm....well I guess I belive in da Heaven/H*ll theory....after all it seems the most logical....with all of the stories of what God did fitting perfectly into place....but that's just me...

btw peeps try not to flame each other for different beliefs.

~HORN!

Iveechan
February 19th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I don't believe in god, you all suck.

Just kidding. Anyway, I like the idea of reincarnation/karma, but I don't strongly believe in it. We just rot and get eaten by worms. The end.

Dizzy
February 19th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Hmmm You go to Hades and then your Enslaved until you work off your sins, and then one day the gates of Tartarus Swing open and you go to heaven, The end.

Basically... You just.. Die

Hakudoushi-kun
February 19th, 2004, 08:13 PM
when you die, your heart stops pumping blood. yeah!

Mystical Mewtwo
February 19th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Tough, tough thread. But here i go:

Well, i actually belive you are born again as something else: if you were bad, you go down, and if you were good, you go up. I might grow up to be a worm cuz im so bad :badsmile:

Frostweaver
February 19th, 2004, 08:18 PM
*remember... just state your opinions and leave it at that. there's no need to criticize a belief...

As a Christian myself, I completely believe in what the bible depicts of life after death... depending on the person's belief if one can be saved through believing in Christ Jesus who died for us on the cross, and is willing to ask for the forgiveness of the sins one committed, one will either go to heaven to the dark abyss below. *

digi-kun
February 19th, 2004, 08:18 PM
when you die, your heart stops pumping blood. yeah!
well...not exactly some people can die and still have blood pumping...

Tough, tough thread. But here i go:

Well, i actually belive you are born again as something else: if you were bad, you go down, and if you were good, you go up. I might grow up to be a worm cuz im so bad
ah yes the traditional (hindu i think?) theory of death...a worm? i dont think so...

22sa
February 19th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Hmmm You go to Hades and then your Enslaved until you work off your sins, and then one day the gates of Tartarus Swing open and you go to heaven, The end.

Basically... You just.. Die
Hmmm... Never heard of that before, but I do know the people in h*ll will be passionately (not clear on why yet) burning.

Pokemaster10000
February 20th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Hmm. I don't believe in a afterlife. It just sounds highly unlogical.
But if I'm wrong...FORGIVE ME GOD. :P

decks2
February 20th, 2004, 12:14 PM
I like reincarnation but I have my own theory.

You get to choose what you want to do. I would be in a final fantasy game. They are wicked. Final Fantasy X and X-2 are the best. *X-2 advert comes on yay.*

Yeah, being in final fantasy would rock.

Kayleigh
February 20th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Okay, this thread will have to be watched. =\ No flaming because of someone's belief. I'm not even sure if this kind of thread is allowed, but since everything's going OK so far I'll keep it open. Just remember, one mean word and I'm clicking the Close option. End of discussion.

As for me, I'm a Christian so I believe that you will either go to Heaven or H~ll, depending on whether you are or are not saved and believe in God.

Iveechan
February 20th, 2004, 01:36 PM
I always have these thought of being in purgatory. The angel dudes are looking over my life record and making check marks on the good and bad things I did in my life. I'm squirming in discomfort and nervousness. They'll make note of my naughty drawings. I hope death truly is nice and peaceful.

100marios
February 20th, 2004, 01:47 PM
I'm Mormon Christian so I believe in an afterlife!

I learned that there are 3 kingdoms: (and in this order..)

1.The Celestial kingdom: Where those who have kept Heavenly Father's commandments (most of the time! Nobody's perfect!) and try to live a good life go.

2.The Terestial kingdom: Where those who have made a good amount of sins go, and keep the commandments every so often....

and....
3. the Telestial kingdom: Where the liers, murders, thieves, and a lot of those kind of people go...

There is actually 1 more place called the "Outer Darkness", but that is where the VERY bad people go. The mass murderers and people who do things that are completely against the commandments without a care. VERY awful things....this is where Satan is.....

Well.....that's what I think!

Blaine
February 20th, 2004, 03:49 PM
I... I think in general that life is simply a dream and when we "die" we'll all be in a much better place. But in basic terms, I believe in the theories stated in the Bible as well as in Dante's Inferno.

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I believe in Heaven H*ll, I have been borught up that way, and I strongly believe in it, period

*~Ashley~*
February 20th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I... I think in general that life is simply a dream and when we "die" we'll all be in a much better place. But in basic terms, I believe in the theories stated in the Bible as well as in Dante's Inferno.
i agree with that. i also believe in existentialism as shown in Sartre's No Exit where you are punished for what you believe you did wrong in life.

Mac2492
February 20th, 2004, 04:18 PM
I'm not really sure, My mom is Christian, my dad is Evolutionist, and I go to a Christian school (My dad's family is bigger) I believe in heaven but my dad doesn't :P

Miyu-chan
February 20th, 2004, 04:41 PM
I don't really know.... I've thought of this question alot, but afraid to bring it up, fearing that my momther will go into tears and all... My family is Christian also, so I believe that there's Heaven and He*l. But I also kinda believe in reincarnation... (I'm strange, ain't I?) Well, none of us really know, but the people who do know, aren't there to tell us...

Greed
February 20th, 2004, 06:25 PM
I think good people go to heaven. I think bad people go to h*ll.. I did so many bad things in this life, and if I deserve h*ll, then I'll go.. Meh, I can't decide.

Maybe this is all a really fudged up nightmare.. Whatever it is, I hope I wake up, I don't wanna keep running in this nightmare...

100marios
February 20th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I believe there is a HE double hockey-sticks too, but that is the "outer darkness"......
......I believe I've been a good boy hehe....

PM2008
February 21st, 2004, 09:10 AM
I don't belive in heaven or h*l*. I have two beliefs 1.)you go off into some kind of other dimension that is not heaven like a parallel universe 2.) You reincarnate into another thing but somewhere else not in Earth. :confused:

Muffin Man
February 21st, 2004, 01:00 PM
I dont know what to believe, there are so many possibilities-that i cant choose :\ meh...i'll just try to lead a good life and see what will come out of it... :laugh: i'm just gunna try to enjoy it while i'm here ;)

Pokemaster10000
February 21st, 2004, 01:50 PM
Wait. It is pretty obvious what happens when you die.
1.You get placed in a coffin.
2.Your relatives cry half to death.
3.The undertaker buries you.
That's what happens. :P

Yamichu
February 21st, 2004, 01:54 PM
Wait. It is pretty obvious what happens when you die.
1.You get placed in a coffin.
2.Your relatives cry half to death.
3.The undertaker buries you.
That's what happens. :P

Lol.
Yeah that's pretty obvious but for some reason I think he meant what happened after you die. :P

~HORN!

digi-kun
February 21st, 2004, 02:24 PM
Lol.
Yeah that's pretty obvious but for some reason I think he meant what happened after you die. :P

my math teacher warned me of what happens when u assume...

well...actually u aren't always buried...i assume you know that...u could be burned, drowned, etc...tossed into a volcano?

Pokemaster10000
February 21st, 2004, 02:28 PM
my math teacher warned me of what happens when u assume...

well...actually u aren't always buried...i assume you know that...u could be burned, drowned, etc...tossed into a volcano?

Does that mean that you're going to get cremated when you die? :P

Lol.

~HORN!

*reads the title* It says what happens WHEN you die.

digi-kun
February 21st, 2004, 08:02 PM
Does that mean that you're going to get cremated when you die? :P
as a matter of fact, yes, i'd rather burn than rot in the earth...then i plan to spread my ashes around the area :P

*reads the title* It says what happens WHEN you die.
best u just lay off...just cause i was so literal doesn't mean u have to be...

Pokemaster10000
February 21st, 2004, 08:18 PM
best u just lay off...just cause i was so literal doesn't mean u have to be...

Alright, I'll give a valid answer. It quite simple, you go to heaven or "ahem".
Wait didn't I say I didn't believe that? Oh, well. Probaly I do. :P

decks2
February 22nd, 2004, 11:25 AM
I think being put in a final fantasy game, (ANYONE WITH YUNA IN IT SUITS ME. SHE ROCKS!) should be what happens when you die.

bna_li
February 22nd, 2004, 11:31 AM
Christian. But I'm having second thoughts about heaven and h*ll. It would be scary. I mean terrifying. What if IM NOT A CHRISTIAN?

decks2
February 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
I know, you don't know what religion is the true religion and you get scared. So I made my own. A Utopian (Word based on utopia.) You believe in this, this will be what happens when you die:

You can wish for everything you want but you can't come back to earth unfortuantely unless somehow that is possible than I will include it.
In other words you can wish you will be in a video game like final fantasy x or x-2 with Yuna in it. Bliss!. Or to be transported to the floating island of Man♥♥♥♥ where everyone enjoys a life of hot s...stuff and wine drinking. Whatever you want. I AM A UTOPIAN.

EDIT: Or maybe I am christian, muslim maybe, islam, jewish, buddism. I dunno. I'm scared and confused. :confused:

KM2010
February 22nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
I only believe that when you die you drift of to heaven or go to h*ll!! :dead:

Pokemaster10000
February 22nd, 2004, 07:21 PM
Where's heaven or "you know what" anyway. Is it in a different dimension or something?

22sa
February 22nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
Christian. But I'm having second thoughts about heaven and h*ll. It would be scary. I mean terrifying. What if IM NOT A CHRISTIAN?
Then you are not saved. You'll be suprised how many people choose not to be saved by the way of Christ.

DragonTrainer
February 22nd, 2004, 09:01 PM
Yup, more and more people stop believing in every generation

Miyu-chan
February 22nd, 2004, 09:35 PM
Well, I asked my mom this question, and she thinks that God saves you, regard-less of beliving in Christ or not. =/ I think that if you're good, you go to Heaven.

100marios
February 22nd, 2004, 09:42 PM
*talks in Mufasa voice*
When we die, our bodies become the grass......
Just kidding hehe.....

That's what I think too Miyu-chan! I believe that even people who weren't with the right religion in their mortal life but lived a christ-like one anyway will still go to heaven. They won't immediately go to the highest glory possibe, but they will have the chance to if they get baptised and switch.

digi-kun
February 22nd, 2004, 10:23 PM
*stupid rumor i made up about heaven/h*ll*
evry october, the dimentional balance of heaven/h*ll gets messed up and they reverse
AKA :h*ll = up and heaven = down
some people actually believed it (the really gullible ones)

~*Silent Tattsu*~
February 23rd, 2004, 12:39 AM
Well i'm not a cristian but i'm not against it or anything.

I am interested & i kinda belive in when you die , you are born again as a different creature and so you die , and then are born again as a animal. I really like that idea and i belive in it. Either that or i belive in that when you die you leave your body as if your spirit. There have been alot of near death encounters when people see themselves from above their body ect. as if leaving it. Some scientist are very interested in that.

Sayuri no Hoshi
February 23rd, 2004, 01:39 PM
Well i'm not a cristian but i'm not against it or anything.

I am interested & i kinda belive in when you die , you are born again as a different creature and so you die , and then are born again as a animal. I really like that idea and i belive in it. Either that or i belive in that when you die you leave your body as if your spirit. There have been alot of near death encounters when people see themselves from above their body ect. as if leaving it. Some scientist are very interested in that.
I feel the same way about death (it's a bit morbid, but ohwell). There has been so many cases of out-of-body experiences that I've seen people say on television. So, I believe in the theory of Heaven and H*ll. Some people see orbs that were taken for spirits and lights before they die; even Jesus or Satan appears to see them and things like that. I'm Roman Catholic so nobody has to be influenced by my theory at all, I'm just stating my point of view. It's very interesting, but it just gets so creepy to me if I talk about it for too long so I'm gonna stop now, lol...

Kenta-kun
February 23rd, 2004, 04:11 PM
Where's heaven or "you know what" anyway. Is it in a different dimension or something?

Kinda. They're very abstract places. H*ll isn't "fire & damnation", either. Basically, Satan is an angel who was once the right hand man of God, but thought he was better, so he went out to create his own "Heaven". Heaven is eternal happiness, for all of man. H*ll would probably lean more towards pleasing each individual inhabitant, because Satan would want as many followers as possible. But, all of that's obsolete; h*ll is a place lacking of God, and without God, what's the point in living (or w/e)? The whole firey pit thing comes from what will happen to Satan and all his followers after the return of Christ.

Anyways, as a short answer, Heaven is wher God resides, & H*ll is where Satan is. It could very well be in another dimension.

Yup, more and more people stop believing in every generation

I think this is sad, really. All you have to do is believe that Christ was the Son of God, and that He really is coming back. But so many people choose not to believe

latiosspud
February 25th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Kinda. They're very abstract places. H*ll isn't "fire & damnation", either. Basically, Satan is an angel who was once the right hand man of God, but thought he was better, so he went out to create his own "Heaven". Heaven is eternal happiness, for all of man. H*ll would probably lean more towards pleasing each individual inhabitant, because Satan would want as many followers as possible. But, all of that's obsolete; h*ll is a place lacking of God, and without God, what's the point in living (or w/e)? The whole firey pit thing comes from what will happen to Satan and all his followers after the return of Christ.

Anyways, as a short answer, Heaven is wher God resides, & H*ll is where Satan is. It could very well be in another dimension.

I think this is sad, really. All you have to do is believe that Christ was the Son of God, and that He really is coming back. But so many people choose not to believe
That's like telling me to believe that my computer is gay which it isn't.

Kenta-kun
February 25th, 2004, 04:26 PM
That's like telling me to believe that my computer is gay which it isn't.

yeah...see...it's not. How is this like me telling u your computer's gay? I'm not telling u to believe anything. I'm stating what's written in the Bible. It's your choice to believe it or not

Pokemaster10000
February 25th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Dohh, stop the fuss. I'll experiment. *suicide*
Hey, how coming I'm falling. Oh no, could it be?
Nooo. *tries flapping his arms and flies* And they say humans can't fly. :P
But how am I suppose to get back to my body.

Mac2492
February 26th, 2004, 11:38 AM
If you're not a Christian, your Christian friends will tell you, "God will forgive you for your actions, just have faith in Him and fear him." Really! It says that in my school!

22sa
February 26th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Well, I asked my mom this question, and she thinks that God saves you, regard-less of beliving in Christ or not. =/ I think that if you're good, you go to Heaven.
Mmmhmm lol I don't quite understand what your mother said. ^^' As Christians, to be saved one must believe and accept that Christ had paid the price for man's sins on the cross, and secondly be baptized. You know you are baptized if you really don't like to sin. No Christian is completely holy of course and they can't.

DragonTrainer, right, our generation is more corrupt then the last.

NaVeR
February 26th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Hey Everyone, for those who don't know (or don't remember/know me) I rejoined Pc!

To keep this on topic, in calvin and hobbes, hobbes thinks that you go to pittsburg...*people give stink eye*@_-
HEY IT'S A VALID THEORY!

Kenta-kun
February 27th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Mmmhmm lol I don't quite understand what your mother said. ^^' As Christians, to be saved one must believe and accept that Christ had paid the price for man's sins on the cross, and secondly be baptized. You know you are baptized if you really don't like to sin. No Christian is completely holy of course and they can't.

DragonTrainer, right, our generation is more corrupt then the last.

You don't have to be baptized (at least, I don't think so). You just have to believe that Christ was the Son of God, believe that he died for us, & believe that he rose. Not at all hard, really

22sa
February 27th, 2004, 09:57 AM
You don't have to be baptized (at least, I don't think so). You just have to believe that Christ was the Son of God, believe that he died for us, & believe that he rose. Not at all hard, really
I'm pretty sure you have to be baptized, it is commanded. The point of Baptism is to be "reborn" as a children of Christ. One doesn't have to be physically reborn (although it's commanded) but he/she has to be spiritually reborn by seriously repenting for his/her sins and asking the Holy Ghost to come in.

Neko Keeshi
February 27th, 2004, 10:39 AM
reincarnation here... I just hope I'm not back as some nasty dog or something like that :(

ryan
May 10th, 2004, 03:45 PM
i'm a christian, but i don't exactly beleive that you have to beleive in jesus to go to heaven. i think that basicly anybody who isn't a really bad person and has some faith in god goes to heaven. the criminal crucified next to jesus got to go to heaven, and he only knew jesus for 6 hours on the cross. and this was one bad man (he was being crucified for a reason) but, just because he asked jesus to remember him, jesus gave him the kingdom of god. that shows that if you have a little bit of faith, that you're pretty much all set. at least, i hope so... even though i do want to become a pastor... so i have more than a little faith, but i like the idea of everybody i know going to heaven.

Chairman Kaga
May 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM
I know this topic is sort of old and was revived against the rules, but I'm going to reply anyway to the post above mine...

Isn't the point of being a Christian the fact that you believe in Jesus and that he was the Son of God? Saying that you can be a Christian but not believe in Jesus to go to heaven is contradictory. The man on the cross next to Jesus accepted that Jesus was the Son of God, and since Jesus knew in that man's heart that he truly believed, he said to him "Today you will be with me in paradise." Yes, the man was a sinner for whatever he did to be deserving of crucifiction, but aren't we all sinners? Even the most vile criminal has it within them to see the truth. It matters not how long you've known Jesus, the point is if you've pledged your life to Him through baptism and continue to live a Christian life from then on, it matters not how long you live after that...salvation is salvation, it's not time-activated.

I suppose you all can guess by now that I'm a Christian, and believe in the Biblical heaven and hll. I believe that one can only get there by following the process of salvation in the Bible. I don't add any extra rules like some of you do (which I don't understand, because the laws in the Bible are non-negotiable)...I just take things as they are...

I just wanted to get my say in before this topic gets closed :P

ryan
May 11th, 2004, 07:18 PM
the bible is a good resource, but it does contradict itself in some places, and i don't like the idea that everybody who isn't christian is dammed. that idea isn't really christian, we beleive in grace as christians don't we? and if you beleive in god then, that should be enough. god loves us, and wants us to go to heaven, so i beleive that he isn't too strict. but, just in case... it's best to repent and try to live your life as the bible requires, so i work at that.

Kenta-kun
May 11th, 2004, 07:27 PM
The fact is, the Bible canot be taken literally. What it is is a mixture of God's word & the customs of that day (which is why you can'y say homosexuality is wrong). It is a flexible book; indeed, it has been changed much to fit today's customs. Let's say, hypothetically, that homosexuality becomes generally accepted in the future, & the bible is then printed to exclude the anti-homosexual themes. That wouldn't change the religion, we'de still be Christians as the PRINCIPLES remain the same (just as an iquiry, you're Catholic, aren't you?).
And sorry to tell ya rsgh5, but all non-christians ARE going to ****. All you have to do is believe that Jesus was the Son of God. If you believe in God already, is that really so hard (unless you're Jewish, in which case your religion doesn't believe the Messiah has come yet).

And just so you guys can't flame me, I meant nothing offensive when i mentioned Judaiism & Catholicism in this post

Timbjerr
May 11th, 2004, 07:28 PM
As a confirmed Roman Catholic, I've been taught that there is Heaven, ****, and Purgatory

If you were totally free of sin when you die, yu go to Heaven, a place of eternal happiness.
If you lived an un-Christian life and were full of sin, you went to ****, a place of eternal torture.
If you were genuinely good and had a few sins here or there when you die, you go to Purgatory, a place of torture comprable to ****'s, but only enough to "pay off your debts" so to speak.

Not to impose my faith onto y'all, but as a Catholic I believe in the Sacriment of Reconciliation. I can talk to a priest about my sins and he will tell me what I can do to erase them completely and regain God's mercy.

Kenta-kun
May 11th, 2004, 07:46 PM
I don't mean to impose on u by saying this, but didn't Christ dying erase all sins anyways? What the Bible says is that you have to genuinly believe in God, & believe that Christ was his son, to go to Heaven. It doesn't matter how many sins you commited, because Jesus erased that. Priests do not have the power to erase sins, they aren't God. Purgatory is against the Bible altogether; it's a Jewish thing, so far as I know (I remember asking my Roman Catholic grandpa about it, & he said it was Jewish...he knows a lot about eligion, he's really into it). By the way, i'm Anglican

ryan
May 11th, 2004, 07:48 PM
i'm not catholic. i'm lutheran (protestant), and i don't know how you can say that jews are dammed, they're pretty much the same as us, and most of them are raised jewish, and how can that yield eternal suffering? it just doesn't make sense, i beleive in jesus, i love jesus, but i think we need to understand that other people not don't understand our views, and.... really it's the same god, and our god is a merciful god.

Kenta-kun
May 11th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Indeed He is. And for all we know, they could be right. But how can you reach Heaven with sins? It is nearly impossible not to sin, which was the reason for Christ. But the thing is, not believing in Christ is like not believing in God. Jesus WAS God, in a human form. Denying that is like denying God Himself

ryan
May 11th, 2004, 07:59 PM
yes, that's true, i beleive in god, and jesus. jesus died to forgive us our sins, and i think that eveybody should beleive in jesus, but i still can't immagine jews, who have been taught to live as they are by their parents (and the bible says "honor thy father and mother") going to h***. it's just so wrong, i admit that i don't know for sure, i've never been to heaven, and neither has anybody else. they might be dammed, but i really don't think so.

jscn12
May 11th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I agree rsgh12, the jews are just following what they have been taught their entire life. Plus with the forgiving God we have there is no way someobdy would be denied access to heaven just becuase they believe something that they have been taught was true. How are you so sure what your saying is true anyway?

AZSupraT
May 11th, 2004, 08:27 PM
What Happens When you die?

Easy, you lay there and decompose/rot.

Duke R
May 11th, 2004, 08:29 PM
QUESTION: What happens when you die?
ANSWER: You die.

Nothing happens, you die, and die, but I heard that psychography is proved, so I trust in it. *don't wants to talk about religion, I think that everyone knows what happened last time*
-
But if you join Insanity Club!!! you can say lalala!

crazydwarf12
May 11th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Agreed with Rsgh5 and jscn12, thats what comes from hanging out together to much... I think that as long as you believe in god you are going to heaven. That's why it's called a gift. You don't have to do much for it... like all those sirial killers who repent at the last minute on death row. I think there going to heaven... even though most people might not think they deserve it.

Latios Master
May 11th, 2004, 08:47 PM
I'm a Christian (Luthern to be exact) and I believe in God, Jesus, and all that stuff, so I believe that when we die we either go to heaven or h*ll. Also, on Judgement Day, the last day of our Earth, God will judge us. I really hope that I make it to heaven. I'm in a good Christian family, I was baptized, and I try to be good, so I hope I make it.

Btw, I wonder if our pets will be with us. On TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network), they were talking about a book one day that talked about pets. I wished I had a copy. :P

22sa
May 11th, 2004, 08:54 PM
I feel the same way about death (it's a bit morbid, but ohwell). There has been so many cases of out-of-body experiences that I've seen people say on television. So, I believe in the theory of Heaven and H*ll. Some people see orbs that were taken for spirits and lights before they die; even Jesus or Satan appears to see them and things like that. I'm Roman Catholic so nobody has to be influenced by my theory at all, I'm just stating my point of view. It's very interesting, but it just gets so creepy to me if I talk about it for too long so I'm gonna stop now, lol...^_^ That's cool, I'm slowly working my way from Baptistism to Roman Catholicism. http://www.pix8.net/files/tongue3.gif

ryan
May 11th, 2004, 08:55 PM
lutheran power. and i beleive that pets will probably go to heaven, if young children do (because they still have innocense) then pets probably do too.

22sa
May 11th, 2004, 09:00 PM
yes, that's true, i beleive in god, and jesus. jesus died to forgive us our sins, and i think that eveybody should beleive in jesus, but i still can't immagine jews, who have been taught to live as they are by their parents (and the bible says "honor thy father and mother") going to h***. it's just so wrong, i admit that i don't know for sure, i've never been to heaven, and neither has anybody else. they might be dammed, but i really don't think so.It depends. Everyone will be judged by God and has to face this question: "What did you do with my Son, Jesus Christ?" And this determines where you will spend eternity. http://www.pix8.net/files/tongue3.gif

Timbjerr
May 12th, 2004, 01:15 PM
I don't mean to impose on u by saying this, but didn't Christ dying erase all sins anyways? What the Bible says is that you have to genuinly believe in God, & believe that Christ was his son, to go to Heaven. It doesn't matter how many sins you commited, because Jesus erased that. Priests do not have the power to erase sins, they aren't God. Purgatory is against the Bible altogether; it's a Jewish thing, so far as I know (I remember asking my Roman Catholic grandpa about it, & he said it was Jewish...he knows a lot about eligion, he's really into it). By the way, i'm AnglicanTechnically, Jesus didn't erase all sin by dying, he just kinda opened up heaven for humans by dying.

I never said priests could erase your sins. In Reconciliation, you are asking the priest what you can do to reconcile yourself with God (it is usually a certain prayer you must do), so it is God forgiving you o your sin, not the priest.
we are taught that our God is a loving and grateful God, but you will only be accepted into Heaven by recognizing that you did wrong and opting to forgive yourself. If you fail to recognize your wrongdoings throughout your whole life, you will spend eternity in ****

Hmm...I do distinctly remember my CCE teachers pressing hard on the subject of Purgatory issue. They said that with the reforms of Vatican II in the 1960's, the theory of Purgatory became widely accepted by leaders of the Catholic Church.

Chairman Kaga
May 12th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Just to touch up on a few things here, I'm conflicted about the fate of the Jews. I know before Jesus came, they were God's chosen people, but after Jesus came, I believe that Christians became God's chosen people because he had now given them the complete list of rules for living a Godly life, and had them, not the Jews, go out and attempt to spread the word of God...I don't like to talk about anyone going to hll, so I won't go any further. I'm not the judge, God is.

And about the Bible changing to suit the fancies of modern society, it simply doesn't happen. Even if something is considered uncool by society (example given by another member: disagreeing with homosexuality, or even stuff like stealing, idol worship, adultery, etc...) the people who hold the great responsibility of passing the Word of God from generation to generation aren't going to omit passages...a law in the Bible is to neither add nor detract from it, and the people who control publications of the Bible are quite likely Christians, and as Christians they're going to copy everything word for word. It's popular in the world to hate others, is it not, but we haven't deleted any verses about love and sharing and kindness, have we? It's popular to commit crimes and to not care about it, but we haven't erased Thou Shall Not Steal or Thou Shall Not Kill have we (although obviously some have tried...) It just doesn't work like that. The Bible doesn't change to suit society...when have Christians ever tried to fit into society anyway? We're hated by society...

ryan
May 12th, 2004, 03:18 PM
i think i agree with you... i sincerely hope that jews are going to heaven, but i may be blinded to some truth because i had a jewish friend who was killed by a train... and i cannot immagin a guy as nice as him anywhere but heaven.

Kenta-kun
May 12th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I hope you guys are right, I have Jewish friends too, & they're really nice. I would never want to see them in He ll (aha! got past you censor! He ll ain't a swearword!); and for all we know, we could be completely wrong in what we believe.
On a semi-related note, can anyone here who's seen The Passion tell me why some say it's anti-Jewish?

ryan
May 12th, 2004, 07:28 PM
because some people like finding problems with everything, and enjoy the feeling when they get their undies all up in a bunch over nothing... idiots... it's not anti-jewish at all.

Timbjerr
May 13th, 2004, 02:40 AM
I don't think I have any Jewish friends, but from my bible studies, I'm sure that the same that I stated above applies to Jews too...except, the probably don' have a reconciliation...

aaaaaa
May 13th, 2004, 03:05 AM
If I'd started from the top and worked my way down, I'd have no reason to live forever.

Shinin
May 13th, 2004, 03:29 AM
when u die u are just dead...
reincarnation is real, just very rare. there was something on Unsolved Mysteries about some women that saw stuff that happened in the past to other people...

I want to be either reincarnated or become a ghost.

Hakudoushi-kun
May 13th, 2004, 05:40 PM
why are we talking about death anyway? shoudn't you rather live your life, and worry about it when you really are dying? <just an opinion

ryan
May 13th, 2004, 05:43 PM
we worry about it now because we beleive that what we do now affects what happens then. cause and effect.

Hakudoushi-kun
May 13th, 2004, 05:49 PM
but if you keep thinking about it, it'll drive you nuts, won't it?

ryan
May 13th, 2004, 05:56 PM
i'm still plenty sane. well, at least i think so. no, it's just a matter of religion. you just accept a concept and try to live by it. it's really not that hard.

Keleri
May 14th, 2004, 05:20 PM
The thing about the Passion of the Christ was that it really didn't portray some Hebrews in a favourable light. I mean, what with all the howling mobs and silent onlookers and everything...the Romans were definitely the worst, but still... There was also a worry that it might've stirred up the bigots (i.e. "OMGz JEWZ KILLDE JESUZ!! LETS GO BEAT ^ SUM J00Z!!!11one")...

Kenta-kun
May 14th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Do movies about Nazi Germany portray Germans in a favourable light? No. That's how Jewish leaders were back then. that;s not saying they're that way now. The Romans were ppl who LOVED bloody entertainment; looks ta the colosseums. The Jewish leaders hated Jesus with a passion. To put it simply, they wanted him dead. And that was the way they were portrayed. You gotta remember, history gives evidence that jesus was a real man who was really crucified & who really claimed to be the son of God (whether he was or not is the debate)

ryan
May 14th, 2004, 07:44 PM
i was just watching shindler's list for the second time in school. it's a really good movie. if you haven't seen it, it's really really good. schindler's such a cool guy. *so cool* except for his affairs. but good movie, see it now