PDA

View Full Version : Does any one miss the old PC?

Arcanine
February 19th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Well since im almost been a member of PC a year I though I would start this thread.

Well I miss the old PC, I miss it alot. It was the first forum I joined (I know this is PC but if you go down to it the old PC was my first forum), and it was the only forum I ever wanted to make Mod. I miss the members, the threads, I miss how the Admins was always on. I just miss the old PC it self.

So do you miss the old PC? (that is if you was a member of the old PC)

Cosmos
February 19th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I was an old PC member and I don't miss the old PC at all really considering how horrible my past was there. *still shudders from the Cas brat there*

22sa
February 19th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Yes, by all means, but there's nothing that can make us return to the good old days expect how Kairi gave us the topic of "What's the topc?" in DCC today, lol. XD;; That was good. There is one thing... I really wish The One Above^ is put back into Other Chat...

The Vince Knight
February 19th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Yes I miss the old board.
It reminds me of my old name there.
"Elitedragonite963"
I hated it so I used this name,hooray!

Cosmos
February 19th, 2004, 09:42 PM
There were some good times there. But I hated all my usernames there. I miss my old friends from the old PC *Zeke31, Kamon, Ash, many others*

22sa
February 19th, 2004, 09:45 PM
There were some good times there. But I hated all my usernames there. I miss my old friends from the old PC *Zeke31, Kamon, Ash, many others*
Too bad I wasn't around when Zeke31 was around... ;_;

Miyu-chan
February 19th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Not really, since I joined way~ later... But some of the old PC members sounded nice... I wish that I was able to meet them....

Phantom Angel
February 19th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Well, I want to see it when I wasn't here.
Hm...is it difference?

Iveechan
February 19th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Truly. Madly. Deeply.

I had an over 1000 post count, and I had fun with Scythemantis and bioseptic (well, we still talk, but we met on old PC). Plus I got more and better replies to my artwork, and now people keep getting offended by my stuff.

Yamichu
February 20th, 2004, 04:50 AM
*was never here in the times of old PC*
*wishes she was*

Well....is new PC different to old PC?
Just wonderin....

~HORN!

Purin
February 20th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Frankly speaking, some people in old PC, especially the higher ranking ones, tend to ignore me like some newbie =(
However, both old PC and new PC makes not much of a difference to me. The only difference is that I know more people here, and have msn unlike old PC times to communicate with others.

John Denver
February 20th, 2004, 08:58 AM
I do! I miss the old PC far more than I like this new one. Mainly because I was in the top 20 posters in the old one, but that's just 1 reason :D:D:D

In the old PC, almost every member wasn't new, and almost every member knew every members. Now, were practically swamped with new members every day, I'm not saying I dislike them, I'm just saying it's hard to get to know each and every one...

ah well, I can't complain

(or CAN I har har)

just some BOO ya! in your coffee

Kayleigh
February 20th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Well, just wait awhile until this one gets older, and then the new members will seem like old members.. uhh... because they will be! XD I joined only a few months ago, but most people know me here. So, wait a while and see.

And since I wasn't a member at the old PC, I can't really say that I miss it. I've heard about some of the old members though, and they seemed nice. I wish that I had been a member back then. =\

YAS1
February 20th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I miss it too. I remember all the friends I had, except for Shelz who betrayed me. I really miss all of the old members. And BTW, I first signed up as screenshot_freak31 in December and I had a whole lot of other names. The one I used often was Yamakuu.

Mac2492
February 20th, 2004, 10:39 AM
I haven't seen the old pc (It sounds nice) But I know how you feel, I used to play neopets everyday and I had apretty close friend, then I got bored and forgot to log in..... She hasn't logged on for like 70 days so I don't know if she will get my mssage :(

Haruka
February 20th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Well, I don't miss old PC that much... but I remember some funny moments... like the account getting deleted because of database crouption before the get-togeter.

Arcanine
February 20th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Well, I don't miss old PC that much... but I remember some funny moments... like the account getting deleted because of database crouption before the get-togeter.
Yes and you was like "There is no way I can go to it now, so im not going to be there". XD
And remember when Kwesi had that fun day? Where he messed up every one and changed Abby's name and gave her 10,000 posts (or something like that). That was funny, well till he made me a "Super Duper Moderator" and left me like that for the night. XD

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
February 20th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I kind of miss the old PC. But this PC seems the same to me.

Iveechan
February 20th, 2004, 01:40 PM
I think that part of the reason why I missed old PC was because at the time, new english info for RS was coming out and we had so many close discussions on our excitements and disappointments of the translations. It was just a lot of fun.

Kairi
February 20th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Seems everybody misses their postcounts from the old board =\ If I could Id wipe mine right now to prove I wouldnt miss it if we had to switch again, but meh.

Anyways, Arcanine I have some pics of that, here. ^_^;

http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Image2.jpg (http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Image2.jpg)

http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Proof1.jpg (http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Proof1.jpg)

He added the Burger King thing, Ive never worked there. XP

I was never involved outside of games really until we made the database switch, so Im almost in the same position as Kayleigh, except I did meet some good friends on the old one, but people like her who are good friends Ive met here, so it works for me. ^_^;

One thing I do miss is how active some members were back in the summer on the old one, like Kwesi and Lightning. Looking back on the old database kind of makes me sad I wasnt there. Seems I came around the time the RS thing was winding down too. Games isn't nearly as professional and discussed as it was then.

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Well, not really.At the old PC, I hardly posted, and nobody likes me.Here, at the new PC, I made some wonderful friends(Kayleigh,Arcanine,etc.), I post a lot :P, and have even become a Mod.

igtica
February 20th, 2004, 03:35 PM
lol since the change I'm still confused as to who's who. Like YAS1...it took me forever to realise it was Yamakuu. lol She had my first ever request. PC is my first forums as well. To be honest I connect the old and new as one. I do miss some of the members that were active on the old PC. Especially one of my best friends that I met here, we even met up, and now run a forum together. But she became less active anyways. She's bearly ever online now. The odd chance I do see her we never talk. But even if PC hadn't changed the same would have happened. Besides look at all the lovely new members that we've gained that make PC what it is now. Everyone seems to think that old PC was more connected member to member. Dakota may I ask if you even knew I was a member on the old PC? I felt very left out on old PC. I was only just starting to connect when PC changed. It's been so much easier to connect on the new one. Though I never have been a widely known member. But at least PC seems more open to everyone. Before it was like one closely knit group, and if you were new or any other outsider it was almost impossible to become a member of the group.

Do I miss old PC? well both old and new have their advantages and disadvantages, but I'm one of the minority that prefer the new one. It gives everyone a better chance to connect. Though this new open connection has caused problems with other people that we have encountered. Though I agree with the point that the lack of admin activity is a downer. lol it's a topic of mixed emotion.

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 20th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I was Masato-san and eusine606 there... It was quite old times, with lots of posters... I'd have loved to be a moderator then...

Cosmos
February 20th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Just a reminder that I was Hazuki-san on the old PC. But not many people remember now. I think I changed a lot since I was there.

Greed
February 20th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I don't really see the difference from back there O_o;;

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm an idiot =P

*Dies*

Cherrim
February 20th, 2004, 05:55 PM
I miss the PC from back in... February of last year, I suppose. That was probably when it was in its prime since that was when I was most active, I suppose. I can give a lot of specific examples as to why I don't like PC as much, but I'll save you guys the lecture. The big thing is just my activity, though. PC was so much more fun when I was in grade 8 and not swamped with homework everynight* @_@;;

*sniffle*

Shining Arcanine
February 20th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Maybe someone could write an import script so we can import all of the posts and user accounts into this board...

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Maybe someone could write an import script so we can import all of the posts and user accounts into this board...
Just leave it the way it is, lol. People can still look at it if they like but it'll be different if it's a part of New PC.

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Yea, just let it be, what happenned happenned, just let it stay that way

Kairi
February 20th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah, it wont bring back people who made it what it was who left, or remove people either. =\

John Denver
February 20th, 2004, 07:49 PM
lol since the change I'm still confused as to who's who. Like YAS1...it took me forever to realise it was Yamakuu. lol She had my first ever request. PC is my first forums as well. To be honest I connect the old and new as one. I do miss some of the members that were active on the old PC. Especially one of my best friends that I met here, we even met up, and now run a forum together. But she became less active anyways. She's bearly ever online now. The odd chance I do see her we never talk. But even if PC hadn't changed the same would have happened. Besides look at all the lovely new members that we've gained that make PC what it is now. Everyone seems to think that old PC was more connected member to member. Dakota may I ask if you even knew I was a member on the old PC? I felt very left out on old PC. I was only just starting to connect when PC changed. It's been so much easier to connect on the new one. Though I never have been a widely known member. But at least PC seems more open to everyone. Before it was like one closely knit group, and if you were new or any other outsider it was almost impossible to become a member of the group.

Do I miss old PC? well both old and new have their advantages and disadvantages, but I'm one of the minority that prefer the new one. It gives everyone a better chance to connect. Though this new open connection has caused problems with other people that we have encountered. Though I agree with the point that the lack of admin activity is a downer. lol it's a topic of mixed emotion.

Hmm, well in all honesty, I knew of you but I didn't really know you personally...shame of that...

Oh man, old PC was my paradise forum...I think the only thing that would make this forum better than old PC is....:

More active admins (gigantic hacking COUGH)
Not so many controversial things (everyones always doin the gay and religion thing)
everyone knowing everyone! (I swear, on old PC all my friends were good friends)

Ahhh, good times

I'd like two helpings of BOO ya!

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 07:55 PM
That's how the Romance thread back then [PE2K era] actually had people willing to talk in it, like not be dominated by new members joining the lists there.

Kairi
February 20th, 2004, 08:09 PM
That's how the Romance thread back then [PE2K era] actually had people willing to talk in it, like not be dominated by new members joining the lists there.The lists thing should be done away with, I think. Just pair people who like each other, like Soph and Arcanine, Kenshin and Yamichu, Kayleigh and *hidden*, Sayuri and *hidden* Scott and Ally, etc. =\

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 08:13 PM
The lists thing should be done away with, I think. Just pair people who like each other, like Soph and Arcanine, Kenshin and Yamichu, Kayleigh and *hidden*, Sayuri and *hidden* Scott and Ally, etc. =\
I wonder how that would go. ^^;; At least such a move would clean up that list.

Kairi
February 20th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Yeah, that way Soph and Arcanine might have competition for best couple if the pairings are meaningful. =P

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah, that way Soph and Arcanine might have competition for best couple if the pairings are meaningful. =P
Heh, plus they're not around much anymore. I think I'll vote for fake couples [like Kenshin11212 and Ally] next month. :P

Arcanine
February 20th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Heh, plus they're not around much anymore. I think I'll vote for fake couples [like Kenshin11212 and Ally] next month. :P
Not around? Not around? Im around PC all day. Ha you cant say not around. XD

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 20th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Back in those days people also feared of threads that had over 1000 posts needed to be closed. Meh, take a chill pill some of you old-skool mods (the ones who always thought that - most opf whom rarely come here any more). Well that's what I would be saying. New database, old fears GONE.

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Yes, the best thing about new PC, no more database errors

Arcanine
February 20th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Back in those days people also feared of threads that had over 1000 posts needed to be closed. Meh, take a chill pill some of you old-skool mods (the ones who always thought that - most opf whom rarely come here any more). Well that's what I would be saying. New database, old fears GONE.
Well see if a thread got over a 1,000 posts then the DB mite delete it. And if it did then a lot of members would have been mad over it and new threads would have been started saying they want there posts back. So it was safe just to lock it when 1K posts came around.

22sa
February 20th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Not around? Not around? Im around PC all day. Ha you cant say not around. XD
I can and will think you two are not around. =P J/K
Yes, the best thing about new PC, no more database errors
They still exist, just less frequently, the important thing is no more lost threads. ^_^;;

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 20th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Of course, the chances of it happening depend on what happens to the database. Right now it's not likely at all. I guess that when we set a condition on a certain thread then the community would not set a DELETED tag.

oni flygon
February 20th, 2004, 09:48 PM
I've missed the old PC alot... the old members that didn't re-register...they were fun once... ^^

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 09:51 PM
I'll bet you miss Miki-Chan Oni....

oni flygon
February 20th, 2004, 09:52 PM
lol XD Everyone still remembers that... XD

I miss a lot of memebrs... Dewgongstears, Kage Diamond, Miki-chan... lots... *(and even dark tyranitar XD)

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Yes, whatver happenned to Dark Tyranitar, the original DT :P?

Latios Master
February 20th, 2004, 09:58 PM
I miss the old PC a lot. It was a great place. Now, it's so hard to tell one member from another. I still don't have as many posts as I did back then, and I only reached a little past 400. Even though I didn't have as many posts as the top posters, I kinda felt like I did, since I was on just as much as they were. As the new PC came, I was as high as the 14 top poster for a little while, but then me being on went back and forth from sometimes being on a lot, and then being gone a lot. I'm hoping to be on more than ever now. I'm hoping to get many more chapters in my fanfic done, and maybe have sequels, and I still need to post my art from the old PC. I've been a member here for almost a year now, and I've made many friends. Hopefully PC will be around for many years to come, and I'll be an active and proud member for every one of those years.

oni flygon
February 20th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Yes, whatver happenned to Dark Tyranitar, the original DT :P?

Yep, the original DT until you came and stole his nickname :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Lol, I never truly knew that i took your nickname XD

oni flygon
February 20th, 2004, 10:07 PM
That doesn't matter... especially when not all of you guys know my full origin...well..some XD

DragonTrainer
February 20th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Lol, I fear I do no know your full origin

Purin
February 20th, 2004, 10:12 PM
My refuge at old PC used to be the fanart section. Now that there are just too many Pokemon for me to draw (gosh 386 of them, some not to my liking), I gave up =P
These days I am drawing Yellow, Blue and Crystal =D

oni flygon
February 20th, 2004, 10:12 PM
ok, lol name my first two usernames. Only one of them, I used here in PC XD

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 12:37 AM
Um, I have no clue whatsoever :P

Iveechan
February 21st, 2004, 01:47 AM
I said this before, but under my old PC name Hitmonarch, people kept thinking I was a dude. The reason I chose that username back when I joined in January of last year was because I was making a Hitmonarch site. I haven't updated in almost a year :/. I still remember the first picture I ever posted... it was a running 'arch. That was my first post also.

John Denver
February 21st, 2004, 05:28 AM
My old username on the old PC was Dakota, just so ya know

Purin
February 21st, 2004, 05:30 AM
ok, lol name my first two usernames. Only one of them, I used here in PC XD
dark_tyranitar as one of them? I have no idea about the both of them actually, since I was away from old PC for quite a long time back then.

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 06:53 AM
Well, my old name was Dragonmaster123, but I never posted on old PC =/

Arcanine
February 21st, 2004, 08:08 AM
My old username on the old PC was Dakota, just so ya know
By any chance did you have the same Avatar too? XD
Well my old user name was Arcanine. XD

Catriona
February 21st, 2004, 08:15 AM
Umm... Sure, I miss the old PC. I really don't like this new(ish) style of posts anyway... =//

I don't post much here and didn't there, but I lurk. I'm watching you. >=D

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 09:39 AM
Eek, Catriona is watching!

I wonder what she sees :P

oni flygon
February 21st, 2004, 09:55 AM
My first two usernames were dark tyranitar and dark houndoom... ^^

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 09:58 AM
The only one I knew was dark tyanitar, I never knew about dark houndoom

oni flygon
February 21st, 2004, 10:07 AM
It was in galaxy far away in a planet called n00bland... :P

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 10:10 AM
Ah n00bland, I was there one day, it was very dumb :P

oni flygon
February 21st, 2004, 10:15 AM
you do know what I'm talking about... do you?

DragonTrainer
February 21st, 2004, 10:27 AM
No, I have to admit, i do not :P

oni flygon
February 21st, 2004, 01:24 PM
well, It's a place where there are lots of manga n00bs and the members don't learn their lessons... ^^ that's why I migrated from it... (It's so stict!)

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 02:08 PM
I wasn't around in the old PC. Was it pretty much the same as this?

22sa
February 21st, 2004, 07:05 PM
There were lots of different times at PC so no, it was pretty different. =P

MoonLight
February 21st, 2004, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=Kairi]Seems everybody misses their postcounts from the old board =\ If I could Id wipe mine right now to prove I wouldnt miss it if we had to switch again, but meh.

Anyways, Arcanine I have some pics of that, here. ^_^;

http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Image2.jpg (http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Image2.jpg)

http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Proof1.jpg (http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Proof1.jpg)

He added the Burger King thing, Ive never worked there. XP

Ahh The Good old Days at PC :) , I rem that day hehe, that's alot of posts he gave ya 29455 posts, wow lol ^_^ That day was funny he changed my name to MoonLove Goddess , and others ppls names were changed also XD

Kairi
February 22nd, 2004, 11:25 AM
Lol, yup. Kwesi actually wasnt feeling too good that day, and he asked if he could toy around with my account. I failed to convince him to keep my posts that way though. x_x; I was also either admin or smod, because I could see the special forums n stuff.

PM2008
February 22nd, 2004, 04:55 PM
I wasn't around in the old PC.

Me neither it sounds like poeple enjoyed it much more than the new PC. ;)

DragonTrainer
February 22nd, 2004, 05:56 PM
I enjoy new PC way more than old PC :P

oni flygon
February 22nd, 2004, 05:57 PM
The old PC was fun...but not the old Get Together.... it was very very horrible...everything...sssssssssslllllllllloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww

orange*berry
February 22nd, 2004, 06:20 PM
Hum! Maybe... Y'know, I hardly miss the old, old, old PC, though. x.x
We've lost a lot of good members, but we've gained them at the same time.

22sa
February 22nd, 2004, 07:02 PM
Hum! Maybe... Y'know, I hardly miss the old, old, old PC, though. x.x
We've lost a lot of good members, but we've gained them at the same time.
Yup. Cycle of Life, Wheel of Fortune. :P

DragonTrainer
February 22nd, 2004, 08:50 PM
Yes, um, wheel of cycking life :P

100marios
February 22nd, 2004, 08:53 PM
Cycle of life? Pfft!
Circle of life is more like it!
*begins to sing the song*
....that was sorta random hehe....
I was in the old PC too!.....except it was like days before it closed and I posted only around twice hehe...

DragonTrainer
February 22nd, 2004, 09:02 PM
Yea, me too, I had few, few posts, but not now!:P

100marios
February 22nd, 2004, 09:29 PM
Yea, me too, I had few, few posts, but not now!:P
Not now indeed! You're the top poster!! You have more than 3 times as many as me! That's a whole lotta posts! Hehe....

Kairi
February 23rd, 2004, 03:16 PM
I only had a thousand on the old one, and it seemed difficult to even do that back then. =\

Haruka
February 23rd, 2004, 03:23 PM
I had over 5000 posts on all my usernames... X_X

DragonTrainer
February 23rd, 2004, 05:46 PM
I have about 5.8 K with all my names combined I think

Haruka
February 23rd, 2004, 05:58 PM
=P
yup... alot of post but I will make 8,000 if it's combined. XD

Kairi
February 23rd, 2004, 06:09 PM
I have about 5.8 K with all my names combined I thinkLol, only 200 posts? You were a quiet thing. ;p

Arcanine
February 23rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Well with both of my user names on the old PC and this PC I have made 6,550+ (it's 6,556 but when I make this post it will be 6,557). And remember I had a lot of posts deleted when we had all them DB errors (a lot of members did lose a lot of post at that time).

Haruka
February 23rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
Well, thats alot, andy but, I got more!

8,000 Posts all togeter.

Arcanine
February 23rd, 2004, 07:04 PM
Well, thats alot, andy but, I got more!

8,000 Posts all togeter.
But then again you was on the top 5 list of members that changed there user name the most.

Miyu-chan
February 23rd, 2004, 07:11 PM
lol, I never changed my username. =P

Haruka
February 23rd, 2004, 07:11 PM
Yup, I would be on the top 10 if I didn't change names...

Latios Master
February 23rd, 2004, 07:17 PM
I've never changed my username. I've always had the same one. Or close to it. At the old PC, I ended with 403 posts. I wish it was more. :P

22sa
February 26th, 2004, 10:47 PM
10600 posts on the two PCs here, if you count the deleted ones. I don't change my name either, I use to change my name a lot to run and hide or whatever three years ago in onlne games but I would never do that again.

Kairi
February 27th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Heh, online games I had wanted to switch from Haruka-chan for a while at the old one, hence the avatar. ^_^; I havent considered changing this name at all though, maybe because I remember all of this PC and so little of the past one. Good memories with this one and whatnot.