PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed...

Kayleigh
February 21st, 2004, 08:14 AM
...That Ash seems to be a lot meaner to May than he was Misty? ^_^; It's usually when she comments on something; he'll turn around and give her a rude look, then make an even ruder comment back. I think it's because he misses Misty. What do you think?

Sayuri no Hoshi
February 21st, 2004, 08:21 AM
OMG! I've noticed that, too, Kayleigh! Like on this morning's episode she was sitting down and she said something about Ash's training, and he turned around and yelled at her saying that Pokemon Contests aren't so easy, either. ^_^;; Maybe it's payback for all the times Brock and Misty tormented him when he was just starting out as a trainer...history repeats itself, huh? Even BROCK, Mr. Nice Guy, lol, was rude to her. She did this dance when she tried showing off her Pokemon Contest moves and he's all like, "Well, I don't think the judges are going to appreciate you dancing all over the stage..." *hisses at Brock* Sheesh! Ash and Brock are so irritable, lol.

Greed
February 21st, 2004, 09:45 AM
OMG! Is he? I never noticed! That mean, dirty, little rat!!! How dare he be sooo rude to Haruka D<

*Dies*

Imakuni?
February 21st, 2004, 11:10 AM
I think it is becuz he has brock and max... i mean 3 guys and 1 girl... look at that fact that its also 4 people instaed of 3... think...

Pluslechu
February 21st, 2004, 11:15 AM
I'd be irritable if someone who acted as 'dumb' as May was following me around. No offence to people who like May, but she just bothers me. Even more than Misty did! @_@

Evil Togepi
February 21st, 2004, 01:35 PM
I have noticed he's been getting quite a nasty head on him recently, but I personally don't think it's to do with Misty, more with May herself mixed with his eagerness to get to the gyms and such. It's just cos she's a newbie at Pokmon Training so gets everything wrong (*Not like Ash doesn't*) but anyone can find that annoying especially when her inexperience in Pokmon Training and traveling and her genreal ditzyness makes him miss ferries to the next gym or slows them down ect.

In conclusion... Ash just has a short temper :p

Kayleigh
February 21st, 2004, 02:06 PM
Well, yeah, you do have a point. Ash isn't used to having to teach someone else how to become a good Pokemon Trainer. He always had Brock and Misty, who were both very knowledgeable(sp? >_>) about Pokemon, so he's not used to it. Plus her lack of interest in battles irritated him, and she's pretty ditzy so... Yeah. XD

Teara
February 21st, 2004, 02:16 PM
I'm glad I'm not May, I can be quite a ditz sometimes too so I would probably get yelled at for it.^_^ I have noticed that though, I also noticed that Brock seems to talk to May and reassure her alot...hmmm...could that be a sign?
*tries to look intellagent*
hmmm...^_-

Kenta-kun
February 21st, 2004, 02:18 PM
The fact that she's ditzy may just be the dub, of course. Maybe Satoshi (Ash) is just being pigheaded. Who knows?

Jeremy
February 21st, 2004, 02:28 PM
Ash yells at May cuz, May doesn't care about Pokmon that much, she doesn't like battleing , and she's an annoying brat. There I said it!

shadowblade
February 23rd, 2004, 12:22 AM
ash's acts the exact same way he did with misty. what u are noticing is the ack of counter force from the female character. normally ash makes insults and he normally takes it out on misty do to she is always on his case. and she normally counters that with her own attitude. all it is, is that ash is the only one yelling. thats the difference. May eventually may be able to counter to whst ash normally says. the thing is she takes it rather then yelling back at ash. in honest opinion i think ash is just over confident, but that may have changed when he lost in dewford. AND MAY ISN'T A BRAT !!!!!!!!

dqle
February 23rd, 2004, 09:25 AM
May, not a brat??? At least Misty didn't complain about traveling everywhere Ash went!!! (Ironic that May wants to travel but can't even walk to town from town) Yup, Misty rubbed off her attitude on Ash and Ash rubbed off his battling style on Misty, mentioned in the Whirl Cup Championships.

Snivi
February 23rd, 2004, 02:44 PM
I noticed how mean he has been being to May. She seems sad by it too but I hope she doesn't like him, like him.

yakksoho
February 23rd, 2004, 03:57 PM
I do not think that he is short with Haruka because he misses Kasumi...granted he misses his friend but I don't think she occupies his mind that much.

I think he is a little colder with Haruka becasue she is kind of ditzy and more annoying than Kasumi was, and with Kasumi he had a very strong friendship, almost a sibling relationship with her, so they were always joking with each other and such. He has not developed a strong relationship with Haruka yet becuase they've only been with each other for 2 seaons.

I personally haven't liked either of his female traveling companions much at all...but both Takeshi and Kenji were really good, strong characters. Maybe that's just me, I don't know. o_O

shadowblade
February 23rd, 2004, 06:58 PM
but thats just may. it's not that she is a brat. she just gets tired easily. even though she likes to travel she doesn't like to walk. all she is, is alittle lazy. and ash isn't really mean to may. you just haven't seen a fight between main male and main female in awhile. thats why it seems one sided.

Scyther5
February 23rd, 2004, 07:32 PM
I think its because May is only a beginner at the pokemonn world and ash is like a vet. So ash feel bugged when ever she asks a basic or beginners question. .?.

dqle
February 24th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I dunno, I agree with shadowblade. Funny that Ash thinks that being so "mean" would help get himself some friends like Misty did. I don't think that Ash does think about Misty too much, but I really do think that her attitude did do something to him.

Kenta-kun
February 24th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Speaking of which, how old is Satoshi now? he must be at least 12. And how 'bout Haruka? I'm sorry, but she does NOT look 10

dqle
February 25th, 2004, 06:48 AM
It does make sense that Ash is 12, but about that short 'Pikachu and Pichu', Ash celebrates his first? aniversary with Pikachu, but he said it's already been a year the second time he was in Viridian City...

I'm so confused!!!

Yeah, May doesn't look 10 years old, but considering her height (about 4'10"; Ash is 5') and her attitude to some things does seem apropriate for a 10 year old.

Kairi
February 25th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Speaking of which, how old is Satoshi now? he must be at least 12. And how 'bout Haruka? I'm sorry, but she does NOT look 10Yeah, she is very unrealisticly proportioned for a ten year old, but then again ten year olds even with that level of maturity and being away from home so long is unrealistic.

yakksoho
February 25th, 2004, 04:17 PM
I believe currently in Advance Generation Satoshi is 12, I think I actually read that 'statistic' somewhere, maybe on pokemon.co.jp? i dont recall.... Also if you assume that the episodes follow his life closely enough that each episode represents about 2 or 3 days, this makes sense as well.

Haruka looks to me to be about 12 but I remember that the narrator says she's 10 years old in the very first episode as she's riding her bike. I think that 10 is a believable age for her.

Takeshi's what about 14? 15?

Kenta-kun
February 25th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Takeshi was probably around 14-15 when he first met Satoshi, so he could be like 16 or 17 (maybe even 18) by now

Flaming Torchic
February 25th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Ash is mean to May? I haven't really noticed that much. On the second episode of Hoenn he was nice to May when they were walking...Oh yeah, he did snap at her for complaining, but that was just cause she was whining. So maybe he just snaps at May because she complains too much.

bna_li
February 27th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Ash is mean to May? I haven't really noticed that much. On the second episode of Hoenn he was nice to May when they were walking...Oh yeah, he did snap at her for complaining, but that was just cause she was whining. So maybe he just snaps at May because she complains too much.
Neither did I... poor her...

dqle
February 27th, 2004, 06:24 PM
If u guys really havn't noticed, Ash is really touchy about everything recently! I caught the one with May first, but then I realized that he got ticked by Max and Brawley and as well as James! Comon, for at least 2 years, Ash didn't get up in TR's face, but does now?!?! Also, he's lost gym battles before as well. In Kanto, I remember Brock, Lt. Surge, and leader on Cinnabar Island (forgot his name) :(

I think this is because of a missing female companion...

Haruka
February 27th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I didn't really notice it ether...

*sighs*

dqle
February 27th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Ash is tryin' much harder to get the badges than before. I remember when he was all talk, but now, he'd do anything to get the badges. (like riding a wave without a surfboard!)

Max: You're the guy who lost in the second round in the victory tournament! Don't tell me... It's Alf!

P.S. I remember Cinnabar's Gym leader; it's Blaine

ash_misty4ever
February 27th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Well think of it this way. You just met this girl who has lied to you the whole time. You're bound to crack once in a while! GOD I HATE MAY!!!

I do think Ash misses Misty. When my best friend moved away I yelled at my other friends just to get him off my mind.

dqle
February 27th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Hmm, another May hater... Don't hate, just see that person as... a bug. If it ever bothers you, swat it!!!

Remember, it isn't just May he yelled at! Ash seemed really ticked at James, but I remember TR 'saving' his butt in at least 2 movies. (numbers 2 and 3)
(plz tell me if they do it again in other movies)

Anyways, I agree with what you said about Misty. I'm just not sure that's the reason why he's trying too much harder to win the badges, although I know that Ash always tries to impress Misty, but Misty seems to not be 'impressed' with his hard work. Gotta love friendship!

If u love Pokmon music, buy the cds!!! I did!!!
Unfortunately, '2.B.A. Master' sorta depresses me after knowing that Misty left...

Misty-Chan
March 4th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Well I haven't seen any of the Advanced Generation except the two eps where Misty came back (downloaded them) because I live in ... Australia ... but judging by what you people have said it does actually seem like Ash misses Misty ... I mean, they had a really good relationship, best friends of corse, and it sort of sounds like Ash had been around her too long. Sounds like he's turning into a second Misty... He was never a real edgy boy in the start but by Orange Islands he had sort of gained part of Mistys personality. Remember the Johto Ep... I can't remember what it was called but it was when they first got into Azalea town and they had the fight... cute ^^ *cough* sorry.

Ash wasn't at all edgy in the two Eps that I downloaded, so maybe that was because he had Misty back with him? Sort of like he was trying to impress Misty? *cough* Sory again... I'm a pokeshipper if you couldn't tell ^^ hee hee

ScArLetSkye
March 4th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Yes, I think Ash and Misty DID have a very nice relationship.*hint hint*And still do.;)

Misty-Chan
March 5th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Well it's very obvious that Ash and Misty had a very good relationship, they may have started out hating each others guts but they don't now do they? In Gotta Catch Ya Later they said they were best friends didnt they? Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't even seen it yet (kills herself for living in Australia) but I've heard that... and from the looks of the pics at serebii.net it looks like he was gonna miss her (and Brock of corse) alot.

dqle
March 5th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Did thy hate each other's guts? (or at least I know Misty didn't...)
I think not!

Very true that Ash really never liked traveling all alone. Besides, if he'd never met Misty, he'd probably get nowhere AT ALL! (Spearow threatening to tear you limb form limb...) Don't worry, Ash will get back with Brock (and Misty) eventually in the new season. (*sob* Misty doesn't stay long though, and those episodes are a ways off here in America. Don't send me the link! I must see it when the time has come!)

If you're impatient, just download the episodes online! If you can't you can spoil your anticipation by going to http://www.tvtome.com and type pokemon.

Kenta-kun
March 5th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Where can we download them online?

dqle
March 5th, 2004, 09:14 AM
I'd like to know. Ask some of the people, like Misty-Chan. Besides, I can't download them because I'm stuck with 56k!

Imakuni?
March 5th, 2004, 10:34 AM
MISTY ISNT GONE!!!!!!!!!! SHE HAS HER OWN SHOW IN JAPAN CALLED POKEMON HOUSOU!!!! sorry for the caps here is a link to info about the show! http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-21160/

Misty-Chan
March 5th, 2004, 02:14 PM
oh, I only know of one site that you can download things on... It's in Spanish but I can send you a direct link to the episodes (and they have pic's so you can see what ones they are) and all you have to press is ... I think it is descargas... PM me or something if you want the site

Imakuni?
March 5th, 2004, 02:27 PM
post linkyss please misty chan!

dqle
March 6th, 2004, 08:45 PM
If anyone can tell me if Misty still has Togepi in Pokmon Housou, PLEASE DO!!!

Misty-Chan
March 6th, 2004, 11:42 PM
She does at the start of Hoenn but ...

****Spoilers****
Togepi evolves into Togechick an stays at the mirage kingdom with the Togepi's.

dqle
March 7th, 2004, 09:07 AM
I KNOW THAT!!!! *sob*

it's mirage kingdom? but they're nowhere near Pacifidlog Town yet!

Can you post clips of Misty, PLEASE???

Kayleigh
March 10th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Ohh, Japan's so lucky. I'd love to see those Pokemon Housou episodes. They even have Gary in them! o_o That's not fair. I don't see why they don't air them in America.

dqle
March 10th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Well, I think that America Really should do that. It fills in the blanks left in the series!!! (like the Pichu Brothers!)

Kenta-kun
March 10th, 2004, 04:04 PM
They won't show it here. Or at least your should hope they won't, out of all the dubbing companies out there 4Kids is undoubtably the worst. Just download fansubs, if they're available.

(And it's Togetic, not Togechick.....just me bein picky >_<)

dqle
March 11th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Really? How bad are they? Did they change some of the storylines in the show? If not, they're doing a good job at it.

Kenta-kun
March 11th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Knowing them, they probably did. They're also the ones behind dubbing Yugioh & Shaman King. I've seen all of Shaman King subbed, & they ruined it...same goes with Yugioh. They are also the only dubbing company that refuses to release dvds uncut & with the option for Japanese language with English subtitles. They change names, they change storylines, & they edit the anime like there's no tomorrow. From what one of my friends (who had seen subbed Pokmon) has told me, they did the same with it. They make the anime, no matter what its age group in Japan (Yugioh is 16+), & make it for ten-year-olds. And they choose bad voice actors.

dqle
March 11th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Just stop it with Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's probably the worst anime in the world since it's been dubbed. I hate that show. Just out of curiosity, do you know what's changed between the dubbed and undubbed versions of Pokmon?

Kenta-kun
March 11th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I only know of name changes for sure. Many other things have been changed, but I can't think exactly what off the top of my head (mostly script stuff). Besides most of the pokemon, many of the characters got name changes as well. Gary, Ash, Misty, Tracy, Brock, Oak, May (& many more) are all examples. Ash is Satoshi, Misty is Kasumi, Brock is Takeshi, May is Haruka, & the others I can't remember

Flaming Torchic
March 11th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Just stop it with Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's probably the worst anime in the world since it's been dubbed. I hate that show. Just out of curiosity, do you know what's changed between the dubbed and undubbed versions of Pokmon?

Oh please, personally I think people are too dang nitpicky when it comes to the Yugioh dubs..."Oh no! The anime is totally messed up! They took out such a little thing as that guy not knocking out Mokuba with a jab! Or that camera guy zooming in on Tea's...nvm >.>" my point is to stop whining about it, they are little significant things being taken out -_-;

Anyways, I think that Ash is starting to get a tad nicer to May. Even though he never really was mean to her if you ask me...>.>

dqle
March 12th, 2004, 06:42 AM
I dunno, Ash is being a jerk to just about everything recently as said in previous threads. He does seem to finally calm down in the last episode, though.

I respect your coments about YGO, but that anime seems to have a corny storyline so far! Wow, save the world by playing cards! The animation is nice, but I'm getting tired of people tryin to save the world! At least Ash doesn't do it as a full time job! Nearly ALL anime is about good prevailing over evil as the basis. The only ones that don't do that are Pokmon and Hamtaro. (in America)

Pluslechu
March 12th, 2004, 06:57 AM
That was a quick change in the subject... >.> O well. Carry on! ^_^

Kenta-kun
March 12th, 2004, 07:02 AM
But you can't judge anime by what's shown in America. Most of the time, we aren't being nitpicky. 4Kids does mess up the shows it does. If at least in respect to the original creator of the show, they should at least release it uncut with the option for Jaspanese language with english subititles. Instead of releasing the show for the age group it's meant for, they change it as much as possible to make it for little kids.

About the whole good & evil/Yugioh thing, Yugioh's not that corny in japanese. I've seen sum subbed eps. And why not base an anime on good & evil? Most of the time, there's no predetermined evil. The "bad guys" think what they're doing is right, a lot like Adolf Hitler in ww2. Evil is all relative. There aren't many animes out there where evil knows it's evil.

And Hamtaro is one of THE most annoying anime series I've ever seen. Mostly because everything's always ok at the end of each episode. That's not real life, ppl....things rarely (if ever) turn out alright for anyone at the end of a day. Shows like that really get to me. It's also too cutesy

dqle
March 12th, 2004, 09:22 AM
True that Hamtaro is sorta too cutesy, a little too much even for my three year old cousin.

Reason Pokmon is in my list of things to do is that it's very unique compared to all the anime's out there. I do like the idea of the undubbed Japanese version with english subtitles. Although if we change it right now, our views of the show may change because of the uncut versions. But then again, 4Kids has changed the series completely? so it may be for the best...

About the evil thing, it's not really the 'evil' I'm talking about, although I do like your comments on it. I'm really just saying that 'good guys saving the world' is really an ancient concept, and quite frankly, it's getting really boring. I know that 'evil' can seem like 'good' to some but not for others. What I'm tryin to say is that one side thinking that what there doing is good, but the other is trying to stop them because the other side believes it is going to 'destroy' the world. It's BORING.

I'd like to know any changes between the Japanese and English versions...

Mandy-Chan
August 29th, 2004, 03:09 PM
My,my this thread has certainly gotten away from it's original subject,oh well, I really think they should show the Hosou~did I spell that right~here in america,
now back to the subject- Well I didn't really notice that he's been short tempered with May,but now that you mention it, If I think about it...Yeah he has, I think that Misty's 'tude' rubbed off on Ash(like at the end of Pokemon Jirachi Wish Maker
Ash-What was Dianne wish?
May-I can't say my lips are sealed
Ash-That'll be a first
or somthing along those line)that's sorta cocky comeback is somthing that Misty would say:),though I also think that it could also be that he misses Misty, mabey a little of both.

kirby00
August 29th, 2004, 04:14 PM
i love may, she is totally new and ihtink now she uses that to annoy ash and even as an excuse, any girl 9or person) who can pull that off flawlessly deserves a lot of credit, and I cant wait for may to jsut bust out on ash in 1 episode. (and maybe have max on mays side both ganging up on ash

Sayuri no Hoshi
August 29th, 2004, 05:49 PM
No reviving threads over a month old, please! Although it's been said many times, many ways...make a new thread for you...XD

*locked*