PDA

View Full Version : Should Misty come back or should May stay?

Kayleigh
February 21st, 2004, 02:13 PM
Well, I've heard a lot of different opinions on this one, so I figured I'd make a poll. ^_^; Do you think Misty should come back for good, or should May stay?

(Sorry, I can't remember if a thread like this has been made recently. All of the old ones don't seem to be active. o.o)

Sayuri no Hoshi
February 21st, 2004, 06:32 PM
I think May should stay and Misty to also stay when she comes back. I'd just like to see what would happen, lol. ^_~ It'd be good for May, because she'd actually have a girl with her on their journey and not feel like such an outcast with the three boys. I know I would...>_< Hopefully with May's fashion sense and non-stop shopping, she can find Misty some decent clothing to wear, lol. Sorry, I mean Misty would always shop, but you'd never see the clothes she bought or her wearing of them...something that bothered me...O_o

100marios
February 21st, 2004, 06:38 PM
I think May should stay and Misty to also stay when she comes back. I'd just like to see what would happen, lol. ^_~ It'd be good for May, because she'd actually have a girl with her on their journey and not feel like such an outcast with the three boys. I know I would...>_< Hopefully with May's fashion sense and non-stop shopping, she can find Misty some decent clothing to wear, lol. Sorry, I mean Misty would always shop, but you'd never see the clothes she bought or her wearing of them...something that bothered me...O_o
I agree! I can't imagine myself traveling around with 3 girls and no boys. That would feel a tad bit awkward hehe.....
2 are better then 1 anyway! I'd like to see them both back in the group!

Mattokun
February 21st, 2004, 06:41 PM
Misty was awesome yes but i love May as well. Misty should come back and the five of them should travel together. It's hard to pick between the two girls cause they're both cool and both are cute too^^

Timbjerr
February 21st, 2004, 06:46 PM
I hate Misty!

*dodges arrows shot by pokshippers*

I've never liked her mean, b*tchy attitude towards Ash...at least May treats Ash much better than Misty did...

Mattokun
February 21st, 2004, 06:57 PM
I hate Misty!

I've never liked her mean, b*tchy attitude towards Ash...at least May treats Ash much better than Misty did...

True Misty was mean to Ash sometimes but (at least in my opinion) it's cause she liked him. May may treat Ash nicer but still, Misty had her high points as well.

100marios
February 21st, 2004, 07:33 PM
I hate Misty!

*gasps*
.....TMBJR!! I expected better from you!! Especially since your a mod now!
For shame!!
Hehe....

Pokemaster10000
February 21st, 2004, 09:52 PM
I hate Misty!

*Shakes his head*
What Mattokun said. The only reason Misty treats Ash mean is because she likes him. Have you heard of the saying "PAIN IS LOVE". Well, thats what think it means.

Latios Master
February 21st, 2004, 10:32 PM
I want both Misty and May to stay. It would be cool to see how they treat each other. I could see them hating eaching other, but being good friends too. Who knows...

Kayleigh
February 22nd, 2004, 11:35 AM
I hate Misty!

Fully censor out curse words, if you're going to say them. You should know that, being a moderator. o.o *poke*

Anyways, I want them both to stay. They're so different, it would make it interesting. With Misty's short temper and May's ditzyness, there would probably be a lot of funny parts during their travels. Plus having an extra girl wouldn't hurt. ^_^;

ScArLetSkye
February 22nd, 2004, 12:32 PM
Yes, I agree with Kayleigh.

Both girls should stay.Uh huh, there definitly would be funny parts with the two of them.:P

And having another girl around would be nice for May.:)

And well, the reason why Misty was a little...touchy with Ash was probally, most likely 'cause she likes him.;)

Mattokun
February 22nd, 2004, 12:36 PM
Yes, I agree with Kayleigh.

Both girls should stay.Uh huh, there definitly would be funny parts with the two of them.:P

And having another girl around would be nice for May.:)

And well, the reason why Misty was a little...touchy with Ash was probally, most likely 'cause she likes him.;)

Yep, my thoughts exactly

Unown_
February 22nd, 2004, 12:40 PM
Bringing back Misty is ok imo. Under one condition: if she stops the earpulling-thing.
The group would have 5 travelers, which some ppl find a little too large. I believe this was one of the reason why the writers made Misty leave. But I think that 5 ppl in a group is just fine.

Kayleigh
February 22nd, 2004, 01:54 PM
I guess it just doesn't seem like Pokemon without Misty... She was my first favorite character on there, she was always on the merchandise with Ash and Brock, and they were just the three main characters. =\ I've gotten so used to her being on the show that it's strange not seeing her on. May is also a great character, but I do wish that they would bring Misty back for good.

~*Silent Tattsu*~
February 22nd, 2004, 03:04 PM
I guess it just doesn't seem like Pokemon without Misty... She was my first favorite character on there, she was always on the merchandise with Ash and Brock, and they were just the three main characters. =\ I've gotten so used to her being on the show that it's strange not seeing her on. May is also a great character, but I do wish that they would bring Misty back for good.

*Nods* Exactly the same here Kayleigh.... ;_; When i see a pic of Ash , Brock , Max & May it just looks so...well wrong and not Pokemon... Ash , Misty & Brocko are the people that spring to mind when i hear the words "Pokemon Anime" I am a huge Misty fan & to me without her its just not Pokemon :/ *...Cries...* *Ahem* Misty has been there every day with Ash & Brock for so long its imbedded in my memory for Pokemon. It is all of that , that makes me loath the writers of Pokemon & May & Max.

Well i think Misty should come back for good and Max & May
should stay in Hoen. I am a huge Misty fan & a huge Pokeshipper and when i heard Misty was officially leaving i almost cried , honest ^^;;;

I don't partically like Max & May , Max is cute , but too young for the group i think. I have hated May ever since i first saw her and i won't say why because then it will be Character bashing
^^;;; I don't know really... i guess when i saw May i flared up because i could'nt help think she's like a replacement for Misty. I mean just like that ?!
Misty never to be seen again and the writers thought the viewers would'nt care ? I just can't belive that really....

I got some wise words from someone who was a Misty fan and new alot about the Anime who noted that May , who is the female character
in Ruby & Sapphire turned up in the anime to boost marketing ect. They brang her into the anime because the place was Hoen , R/S had just been released , and May was the female main character in it. That i belive is what makes me think that once Ash is finished in Hoen , May & Max will leave.

So yes i hope that May & Max leave at the end of AG , Misty comes back for good & Pokeshipping will become a reality ! ^o^

*~Ashley~*
February 22nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
i would much rather have misty back than may. i don't like may. she's really annoying and kinda reminds me of the way my sister acts. she's always whining about something. i liked misty. like kayleigh said they were a group of 3 main characters and now it's just weird without her.

orange*berry
February 22nd, 2004, 07:58 PM
I hate Misty!

Blunt!

I say... bring back good ol' Kasumi. Haruka's a Pokeshipping distraction. =P TeeHee. But! She is cute. She has a winey, yet cheerful dispostion. n.n()

Evil Togepi
February 23rd, 2004, 03:24 AM
I will admit I prefer May to Misty but it would be nice to have both of them :)

James Hawking
February 24th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Blunt!

I say... bring back good ol' Kasumi. Haruka's a Pokeshipping distraction. =P TeeHee. But! She is cute. She has a winey, yet cheerful dispostion. n.n()

Agreed. Misty should come back, so that AAML should come back, and we can finally see Pokmon the way it should be!
Also, I agree with ~*Silent Tattsu*~, in the fact that Max and May should leave, to make room. Four people's a lot already, and five would be too much.
A nightmare for AAML would be for Max and May to stay on for the next five (or is it four? Never stopped to check :P) seasons...

Chiyo
February 29th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Well, it is stupid to take Pokemon only to contests. BUT! It is also crazy to
take a bad mood all the time.....BUT!! Misty is sometimes nice while May's cute. So I take both..

Misty-Chan
March 5th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Welllllllll ... quite a tough little thing isn't this poll? Well I voted brink back Misty cos she's always been my favourite character, she gave the show so much more... OMG i cant think of the word... ummmmm... character!!! lol OMG i said that 7 words before and I couldn't think of it... how sad ^^... Don't get me wrong, May's cool, well she was in the two eps that Misty came back in anyway and in Japanese... but I don't know what she's like in English yet (once again... I live in Australia...).

I think it would be cool to have MIsty and May they might have this rivalry but to me it looked like they could become good friends. It would be really cool to have the group as Ash, Misty, May and Max! :) but then they wouldn't do that would they? ok, well take out Max and Brock, bring back Misty and have a new guy. I don't know what you guys thing but Brock has always really annoyed me.

And we can't take away the ear pulling, thats part of what makes Misty Misty!!!

dqle
March 5th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Max pulls Brock's ear too!!!

Anyway, I think that the producers of Pokmon are intentionally only letting three characters in Ash's group, including Ash. (More on May and Max below) They're trying to set an environment similar to a typical RPG world. For instance, in the popular Final Fantasy series, you can only battle with a certain amout of characters (usually 3) They're trying to set the show based heavily on the game itself and quite frankly, it's getting annoying.

Because of endless hours in @*$! (school), I believe that the only reason there's four people in Ash's group is because May's and Max's character supplement each other. Without Max, May couldn't know where to begin and she has absolutely no knowledge about Pokmon. Without May, Max couldn't have gone with Ash in the first place and he really can't do anything on his own. (curse english!)

I'd love the producers to change their mind on the 'RPG setting' and get with reality. I'd also like Misty to stay with the group again, but at the same time, I don't! First, I'd like to see how things turn out without Misty. Second, if Misty got back with the group, there'd be a significant chance that she would actually reveal her feelings to Ash! If that were to happen... Pokmon would end as we know it!!!!!! The fact is, if Ash knew, he'd be sidetracked and probably not become a Pokmon Master(Champion), thus ending the series entirely!!!! That musn't happen! Life would stop making sense! (although, it still doen't make any sense to me)

Please don't hate me for this reply!

P.S. Why's Plusle sorta cut in half?!?!
Oh yeah, please send me some pics of Misty in her new outfit, Misty-Chan! I've been looking EVERYWHERE for them!!! I am planning to draw comics when I have the time.

Cosmo
March 6th, 2004, 06:55 PM
I perfer both of them. Both Haruka and Kasumi are cool.

ash_misty4ever
March 7th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Hehehe you know me! Whenever there's pokeshipping I'll be there! I think Max and May should be out because of the purpose of them staying with Ash. May lied to Ash in the beginning of the series and she just tags along, acting like she knows how to battle, and how to win contests. I would really like to see Ash and Misty alone in a series.

I voted Misty only!!

Flaming Torchic
March 7th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I don't really see Mays purpose in the show, the only reason I actually care if May is in it is so I can see Torchic =3 I vote both, because I would miss seeing Torchic and it would be cool to see Misty back. :)

dqle
March 8th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Um, I'd think that May and Max would have to stay a bit longer 'cause of stupid producers! Also, Ash has his hand at trying out teaching those 2 just like Brock and Misty (definately!) taught Ash. (Brock still tries to help Ash... Idiotic girl Chaser!) I chose both to be in the group, but that's not gonna happen. (as I explained earlier, Stupid RPG element!)

T3hCoM
March 8th, 2004, 12:53 PM
May should stay, of course!

Misty WAS getting kinda boring.

And because of Pokemon Contests, May has a more important role on the show.

Cassie-chan
March 8th, 2004, 01:48 PM
I haven't seen the new shows, but I would like Misty back.

dqle
March 9th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Sorry, can't agree with May! She's too much of a girl!(shopping, dresses, complaining, food, etc.) At least Misty is sorta a tomboy, which I think is much more interesting.

For all you lucky people who have Kids WB, watch pokmon this Saturday 3/13! More details on why ou should in thread 'Misty's Back?!?!?'

mermaidmisty
June 30th, 2006, 02:14 AM
I have 9 reasons why Misty should stay :

1: She likes Ash
2: Half of the world misses her !
3: Ending wont be possible w/out her
4: Rare Pokemon !!! mostly about water pokemon
5: Omigod Ash you let her go ?!
6: Omigod Ash .. I thought you liked her ?!
7: Lauh at the mallet/ paper fan she whaps at Brock OR Ash
8: So she'll marry Ash and be Mrs. Ash Ketchum
9: SHE ROOLS !!! you can figure that one out..

Phantom_Bugsy
June 30th, 2006, 02:55 AM
I have 9 reasons why Misty should stay :

1: She likes Ash
2: Half of the world misses her !
3: Ending wont be possible w/out her
4: Rare Pokemon !!! mostly about water pokemon
5: Omigod Ash you let her go ?!
6: Omigod Ash .. I thought you liked her ?!
7: Lauh at the mallet/ paper fan she whaps at Brock OR Ash
8: So she'll marry Ash and be Mrs. Ash Ketchum
9: SHE ROOLS !!! you can figure that one out..

I also have nine reasons for Misty to stay gone.

See previous post. -____-;

miyo
June 30th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Hot topic eh? Many speculations over May/Misty.. As much as I wanted both to stay, I know it's almost impossible to have both of them stay.. it'll be hard to focus on so many characters every episode.. so I voted for Misty :P

Sammi
June 30th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Don't post in threads more than a month old... let alone 2 years.

*closed*