PDA

View Full Version : Misty to Return?

Shadow0faBandit
September 27th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I couldn't find this posted anywhere so I am making a post about it. But is Misty to return to the show for good ever again? Does anyone actually know?

Matt

Karasuma
September 27th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I think she will return. In the new Pokemon Series called "Pokemon:Shadow". Ash and all of the gang even Tracy goe to the Orre region where he meets the weird dancing guy that his theme song is about Salsa.

Shadow0faBandit
September 27th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I heard about that region and everything. When exactly is this show Pokemon: Shadow to come out Mystic?

Matt

rukario42
September 27th, 2005, 01:06 PM
i read that she return when ash comes back from hoen league and he meets scott about battle frontier

Harubi
September 27th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I think Misty and Tracey will make a re-debute into Pokmon.

Crystal Clair
September 27th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I'm sure Misty will return to the series eventually. I skepticize people who think she's gone for good. Besides, Misty's amazing!

Hinoshi-chan
September 27th, 2005, 01:49 PM
She does come back

i dont know the spoiler tag ,sorry

SPOILER

when ash loses to the 8 th round, he decides to go back to kanto and mets up with brock and misty again

lol, agatha is the gym leader for giovannis gym :P
they go fight the gyms over
O_O

sorry

Harubi
September 27th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Okay, that was rather lame... Spoiling the story... i havn't seen it yet :(

pikachu592
September 27th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I think ash shoudn't like misty because she is a nasty,ugly,stupid little brat.

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 27th, 2005, 05:27 PM
This is not the thread to voice such opinion about Kasumi/Misty.

Misty isn't returning as of yet. Her Japanese OVA is currently either on long service leave or no longer on the job. She does make appearances in Hosou Shuukan (Pokmon Chronicles), where her OVA makes brief returns.

At the end of the Hoenn Convention where Ash and Brock split for Kanto temporarily, Ash splits with Brock and walks to Pallet Town. After reuniting with Misty who apparently has an Azurill (bred with Tracey's Marill), Max comes in with Professor Birch, apparently coming to meet Professor Oak in his lab. May finds her way to Pallet Town and meets up with Ash, Max and Misty at Oak's Lab. May gets herself a Squirtle. As they depart, Brock makes his way in.

The group goes to Mt. Moon, but Misty receives a call from her sisters on her PokeGear. Misty is to return to the gym and take care of it, needing to split off the group once more.

Karasuma
September 27th, 2005, 05:45 PM

Misty isn't returning as of yet. Her Japanese OVA is currently either on long service leave or no longer on the job. She does make appearances in Hosou Shuukan (Pokmon Chronicles), where her OVA makes brief returns.

At the end of the Hoenn Convention where Ash and Brock split for Kanto temporarily, Ash splits with Brock and walks to Pallet Town. After reuniting with Misty who apparently has an Azurill (bred with Tracey's Marill), Max comes in with Professor Birch, apparently coming to meet Professor Oak in his lab. May finds her way to Pallet Town and meets up with Ash, Max and Misty at Oak's Lab. May gets herself a Squirtle. As they depart, Brock makes his way in.

The group goes to Mt. Moon, but Misty receives a call from her sisters on her PokeGear. Misty is to return to the gym and take care of it, needing to split off the group once more.

No that can't be true. :( What about tracey? I want to see him with the gang. And whatever happen to richie? The last eppy I saw him was when they were fighting over lugia with team rocket in johto.

Shadow0faBandit
September 27th, 2005, 05:51 PM

Where did you get that information from?

Matt

Ryoutarou
September 27th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Where did you get that information from?

Matt
From watching the actual episodes? O_o

As far as I know, Kasumi won't ever return to be a part of the main cast. What happened at the end of Johto was her big send off, she'll only be returning in a episode or two down the line, but she won't ever be part of the main cast again.

Shadow0faBandit
September 27th, 2005, 06:23 PM
From watching the actual episodes? O_o

As far as I know, Kasumi won't ever return to be a part of the main cast. What happened at the end of Johto was her big send off, she'll only be returning in a episode or two down the line, but she won't ever be part of the main cast again.

Hm, Well she has to become a part of the main cast again. It was bad enough to cut her out for so long. I am going to wait it out and see.

Matt

dqle
September 27th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I'm getting sad now that I actually know that upcoming episode in detail now... *sob* (it already aired in Japan. problem was, and still is, I don't understand Japanese...)

As much as I'd like to see Misty to get back with Ash's group, it doesn't seem that it would come true anytime soon. She's been out for three seasons now, and she's been making guest appearences in two of them. I sure hope she isn't a permanent guest star.

And HOW did Tracey breed Marill to get an Azurill? I seriously can't think of any Pokmon that he or Misty/Kasumi have that would produce an egg with Marill. (now we know that Tracey's Marill is a female!)

Tracey better not be getting any ideas, or I'd have to go over to Pallet and beat the crap outta him! (that reminds me... does he ever go back to the Orange Islands and visit home???)

Argh! So many unanswered questions!!!

I too wonder where Ritchie is...

Shadow0faBandit
September 27th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I'm getting sad now that I actually know that upcoming episode in detail now... *sob* (it already aired in Japan. problem was, and still is, I don't understand Japanese...)

As much as I'd like to see Misty to get back with Ash's group, it doesn't seem that it would come true anytime soon. She's been out for three seasons now, and she's been making guest appearences in two of them. I sure hope she isn't a permanent guest star.

And HOW did Tracey breed Marill to get an Azurill? I seriously can't think of any Pokmon that he or Misty/Kasumi have that would produce an egg with Marill. (now we know that Tracey's Marill is a female!)

Tracey better not be getting any ideas, or I'd have to go over to Pallet and beat the crap outta him! (that reminds me... does he ever go back to the Orange Islands and visit home???)

Argh! So many unanswered questions!!!

I too wonder where Ritchie is...

You shouldn't really need to know Japanese. Usually the shows anwser any questions you have later on in the episode. I still seriously doubt Misty will always be a guest star. She has to become a main character eventually. It just kind of upsets me that they would cut her off for this long.

Matt

dqle
September 27th, 2005, 06:56 PM
But if I don't understand the language, how will I understand any of the answers??? (I already read a summary of the episode, but never knew that the Azurill came from Tracey's Marill. Is Daisy's "dream" really coming true?[according to TV.com's summary on the Housou episode involving Luvdisc])

Besides, there's plenty of other unanswered questions, like "Why does Brock become uber-gloom when anybody mention's Professor Ivy?" or "Why can't Misty say anything to Ash about you-know-what?" (and I emphisize Misty, not Kasumi!!!) I dunno if future episodes will ever explain some questions...

Like I said in the past, the producers obviously don't want to let go of Misty/Kasumi. Unfortunately, I hope that this isn't what they want to keep up. As you said, ShadowOfaBandit, she's too important for that role!

Shadow0faBandit
September 27th, 2005, 07:44 PM
But if I don't understand the language, how will I understand any of the answers??? (I already read a summary of the episode, but never knew that the Azurill came from Tracey's Marill. Is Daisy's "dream" really coming true?[according to TV.com's summary on the Housou episode involving Luvdisc])

Besides, there's plenty of other unanswered questions, like "Why does Brock become uber-gloom when anybody mention's Professor Ivy?" or "Why can't Misty say anything to Ash about you-know-what?" (and I emphisize Misty, not Kasumi!!!) I dunno if future episodes will ever explain some questions...

Like I said in the past, the producers obviously don't want to let go of Misty/Kasumi. Unfortunately, I hope that this isn't what they want to keep up. As you said, ShadowOfaBandit, she's too important for that role!

I see what you mean. I just have a nack for being able to understand it. But yes, Misty is a very important role.

Matt

precita
September 27th, 2005, 07:53 PM
She hasn't returned in Japan yet, and most likely won't until the next region. I doubt the writers will bring her back unless they can figure out what to do with her, as they're not going to bring her back so she can just stand there and hold Azurill all day.

Shadow0faBandit
September 27th, 2005, 08:24 PM
She hasn't returned in Japan yet, and most likely won't until the next region. I doubt the writers will bring her back unless they can figure out what to do with her, as they're not going to bring her back so she can just stand there and hold Azurill all day.

I'm sure they will find a reason for her. and I didn't expect her until the next region anyways. The Hoenn Region season is quite long though.

Matt

Swizzler121
September 27th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Richie went to the restroom and fell in :D (JK)

I think that they should bring misty back, She's such
a better character than may (personally I think may is
a little brat!) but Misty has a better background, and
is a more solid character, May can't even defend herself
without ash O_o

Also, I bet Misty will return because of this:
At the beginning of Pokemon: orange Islands, Brock starts dating a prof. and we pretty much never see him again, Thus, we think he was cut. YET as soon as they return to pallet town, What do they find in the middle of the road, but a broken-hearted Brock.

Ryoutarou
September 28th, 2005, 02:02 AM
OI was just a filler though, it had no real point aside from giving Nintendo more time to get Gold and Silver out before the anime got to that point. Kasumi leaving is part of the major plot and won't be undone.

Shadow0faBandit
September 28th, 2005, 06:01 AM
OI was just a filler though, it had no real point aside from giving Nintendo more time to get Gold and Silver out before the anime got to that point. Kasumi leaving is part of the major plot and won't be undone.

What exactly is the major plot have to do with that had to have Kasumi leave?

Matt

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 28th, 2005, 06:04 AM
The information is off various sources. Her OVA basically comes in for Pokmon yet only for working as a side-character. If she was still working full-time, we'd still have Misty on the cast.

Shadow0faBandit
September 28th, 2005, 09:15 AM
So your saying, as of right now, they don't really know if she will return as a main character?

Matt

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 28th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Iizuka Mayumi, her Japanese OVA, is currently off the set. According to some sources, she actually quit but makes a few returns as a guest star. Others say she's on leave. I can't confirm which one, but it's definitely one of them.

Shadow0faBandit
September 28th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Okay, That clears some things up. But why can't they just get someone else similar to her voice to play the part if she did quit?

Matt

Cooltrainer Lance
September 28th, 2005, 05:32 PM
I really do hope misty returns and Tracy too. That's why I enjoyed the Orange Islands. I can't wait to see the new region or whatever, I just hope that Misty and Tracy come back.

Shadow0faBandit
September 28th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah me too. The Orre Region looks tight.

Matt

Light_Azumarill
September 29th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Sorry if I sound a bit out of the loop, but since when was the next region officially Orre?? *is confused* I thought that was just a rumor....

Anyway, Misty is my favorite character from the anime, and as much as I love her and having her in the main group, I don't think she's coming back.

I think it's clear that the writers/producers want to keep Misty as a side character and nothing more. But we'll see for sure when this little filler arc is over. I mean, the reason she left (her sisters being gone) has been remidied, and she still stays at the gym. It makes me angry to admit that, and had I been talking about this a year ago I would have totally agreed that May was stupid and Misty should come back as soon as possible; but now I like May more than I used to and Misty seems fine where she is (I'm the one that's not fine).

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Oh, and I agree, I think Richie went to the bathroom and fell in as well. If you listen hard enough on a cool, winter night, you can almost hear his cries... "Come on Sparky! A little farther and we can make it out...!"

dqle
September 30th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Just to point out...

Should the gang go to Orre Region during the times of Pokmon Colloseum or XD, it doesn't make sense because technology in Orre looks riduculously advanced. Just compare the games to the show. It doesn't make sense...

That, and the Orre Region is mostly a desert without ANY wild Pokmon. (probably water too) I doubt Ash and friends are willing to head towards a region that is as hostile as that! Oh yeah, and no 'Orre League'! (sure there's a Gym, but one?! and notice the name: Pregym)

Anyways, many voice actors have been replaced in different animes and cartoons, yet their characters either have the same roll as they used to, or even gotten better ones. (although there have been cases where it's niether of the two...) That doesn't mean that Kasumi will be gone for good.

If Kasumi's VA actually did leave, why? I'm pretty sure that VAing has decent benefits considering that Pokmon is still a massive hit in Japan...

Personally, I think the majority of Japanese females sound the same, so replacement shouldn't be a problem! (just my opinion, considering I've never been to Japan and only heard a handful of Japanese females actually talking with real accents) It will be unfortunate should the producers kick out Kasumi permanently though. I'd go beserk should they decide that.

But is it possible that the producers are waiting for just the right moment...? I'm not happy with all the waiting!

pokeknight
September 30th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I just hope misty comes back. This is my post after 10 months and 19 days at Pc, ouch, see how i ignored pokemon once the story got degraded. I just can't believe the show is goign on being more kiddish than ever.

Miss Reyna
September 30th, 2005, 09:14 PM
The problem is what will Misty do? She comes back holding a azurill? That what she did with togipi and that was boring. To tell the truth she did the the same thing when she came back for those three epis in Kanto. She can coach Ash but is better then to be coach because he prove he can take care of his own in a battle now with out Brock and Misty yelling at him from time to time.

Was it me or did she did more in here 2 Hoenn guest eps then her 3 Kanto guest eps.

Catstar
September 30th, 2005, 11:12 PM
The Hoenn eps were a little more focused on her; that's probobly why. Anyway, I really want Misty to come back. If she will or not is different. She is my favourite character and I dearly miss her Kanto attitude. She was more fiery then, she had a chance to get that back again after Togetic left but they gave her Azurill (but Azurill's cute though I just hope it wouldn't sit in her arms the whole time). If she were to return maybe having it use attacks and maybe evolve so it doesn't need to be carried. She would have to do something to make her travel worthwhile, so she's not just a cheerleader like she was in Johto.

Wow my post almost seemed a little bashfull o_0 I mean...oh you know what I mean XD Anyway I really do want her to come back and have a purpose. She has a lot of potential which the writers miss used. I heard about Misty's VA leaving but I also heard it was a lie =/ I hope if she was on leave, she returns and if she never returns at least get a new VA that sounds as similar as possible. *waves Misty banner*

Robert0427
September 30th, 2005, 11:33 PM
I reckon it's about time they brought Misty back as it's getting a bit beyond the joke leaving her out for 3 seasons.... Brock had one season off then came back for the Johto season and made a suprise return in season 5

So why cant the animators/producers have Misty make a surprise return to the traveling party rather than a 2 part episode guest appearance it would be good if Misty makes a surprsie return just before Ash & Co head off to the Orre Region

To be honest pokemon hasnt been the same since Misty, i miss the days gone where Misty used to get out her lucky mallet and smash Ash & Brock around the head if they misbehaved

dqle
October 1st, 2005, 07:14 AM
But she used the megaton hammer only on Brock! I dunno if Ash;s thick skull could take it...

Like I said before, the producers could be planning to put her back in later, but that's up to them and has little to do with fans, unless we revolt.

Oh, and rest assured. Considering Misty's nature, I'd easily believe that Azurill is the new Togepi. She'll hold the baby Pokmon in her arms as much as posible, no doubt. Whether you like that or not, it's very likely she's gonna do just that. That doesn't mean that her attitude will stay the same, though.

And there's always the posibility of Misty to resume her quest of becoming the greatest Water Pokmon trainer. I mean, if you think Misty's useless in the Johto episodes, what about Brock? I think he's done nothing much to further his career to becoming a great Breeder.

And it's always possible to further her character one way or another, no matter how many people don't want to believe it. Pokmon sparked in Satoshi's head, therefore imagining things is the basis on the Anime, and anything could happen.

Robert0427
October 1st, 2005, 04:07 PM
That is very true dqle the producers/animators could further Misty's character abit more as she's not getting any where towards her goal of becoming the Greatest Water Pokemon Trainer because she is stuck in Ceruelan City taking care of her sister's gym

As for Brock being the only person who Misty used the megaton hammer on is very true but there were times during Kanto & Johto where she One Hit KO Ash using her fist and it worked 100% of the time

You are very right by saying that the producers might be planning a surprise return for Misty but still i think they should bring her back just before Ash&Co head off to the Orre Region

cold_katanagirl
October 1st, 2005, 05:43 PM
I highly doubt Ash and co are going to Orre. There's no reason to.

Anyway, still convinced Misty isn't going to return. Woot woot.

mistywishmaker
October 2nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
^=___=;;

I wouldn't "woot woot" about Misty not returning... =T

I don't think the writers are planning for Misty to return anytime soon, but I still believe she'll return. Call me crazy, but when she really does return there will be a lot of "Wh00ting". ;)

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 3rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
I really don't see how Orre comes into perspective. Orre is pretty much part of Genius Sonority's licensing for GameCube Pokmon games where the producers of the anime focus more on parts of the Game Boy Games.

dqle
October 3rd, 2005, 05:14 PM
According to rumors (that I've heard) on the next Pokmon season, it's gonna be called Pokmon: "Shadow". That tells me that something shadow-y is gonna be involved. Shadow Pokmon, perhaps? And the only place that Shadow Pokmon exist is Orre.

But still, I seriously don't see why Ash and friends would go there in the first place! (maybe they could go before the times of Colloseum...)

Genius Sonority may have helped developed the Gamecube games, but that doesn't mean that the producers won't intergrate it in the show. If it's Pokmon, it could as well end up on the show.

Just wondering, but does Genius Sonority actually develop the game and storyline completely?

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 3rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Ignoring the Pokmon graphics, they actually did everything else basing off GameFreak.

But... Pokmon Shadow? "Pocket Monsters Ranger" has been a rumour more going around lately.

Karasuma
October 3rd, 2005, 05:59 PM
According to rumors (that I've heard) on the next Pokmon season, it's gonna be called Pokmon: "Shadow". That tells me that something shadow-y is gonna be involved. Shadow Pokmon, perhaps? And the only place that Shadow Pokmon exist is Orre.

But still, I seriously don't see why Ash and friends would go there in the first place! (maybe they could go before the times of Colloseum...)

Genius Sonority may have helped developed the Gamecube games, but that doesn't mean that the producers won't intergrate it in the show. If it's Pokmon, it could as well end up on the show.

Just wondering, but does Genius Sonority actually develop the game and storyline completely?

Yes thats the same rumor I've heard as well. But heres a thaught. Havent you wonder if this is Ash's final region? I mean this could be it for Ash Ketchum and his adventures.Think about it. The OVA have done their voice for more than 6 or 8 years on Pokemon. They may be complaining and may want to quit. I would like someone to find some info about the OVA.

Then they start a new Pokemon anime called Pokemon:Shadow and Wes(The hero in Pokemon Colisseum) and Rui are the new characters. So we may have to say goodbye to the old gang.

As for Richie I hope he shows up in the battle frontier and fights ash one more time. Richie was cool.

And as for tracie....well he has to got to go to the battle frontier as well. I really want to see him again. Is it really hard to put the entire gang all at once? They should all go to the new regions together not separate.

And lets not forget misty. Does anyone know if she says to Ash finally if she loves him? And they probably end up kissing and Misty flyes all the way to Cerulian City crying. No I dont want it to end that way.

Say whatever happen to Snap? You know...Snap, the guy who loved to take Pictures and took one of articuno back in Johto.

dqle
October 5th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Havent you wonder if this is Ash's final region? I mean this could be it for Ash Ketchum and his adventures.Think about it. The OVA have done their voice for more than 6 or 8 years on Pokemon. They may be complaining and may want to quit. I would like someone to find some info about the OVA.
If they wanted to stop Ash's/Satoshi's adventures, I'm pretty sure they would have done it long ago! Because Ash's Japanese counterpart is named after the creator of Pokmon, I don't really see a way they'd kick him out. And the only voice actor that I've heard was 'tired' of acting was the VA for Kasumi. I don't know the details, but I do know that she left the set. Whether it's for a time or forever, I don't know.

And lets not forget misty. Does anyone know if she says to Ash finally if she loves him? And they probably end up kissing and Misty flyes all the way to Cerulian City crying. No I dont want it to end that way.

The likelyhood that Ash actually sees why Misty kept traveling with him all that time is really slim to none. Again, he's so thick-skulled that he doesn't know love if it was right in front of his nose! Also, there's many that don't believe that it will happen. Proof is in the Japanese episodes, where, according to sources, Kasumi lost interest in Satoshi a LONG time ago.

Personally, although I support AAML, I don't want that to happen anytime soon. Reason being that it could end the series all together...

Say whatever happen to Snap? You know...Snap, the guy who loved to take Pictures and took one of articuno back in Johto.
Actually, the second time Snap showed up in the show, they changed his name to Todd to relate to the game Pokmon Snap, where Todd is the main character's default name.

Oh, and the Pokmon Ranger sounds like the GBA and DS games that will be released in Japan later.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
October 5th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Meh, OF COURSE! NO WAY IS THAT WOMAN TO GO AWAY AND KEEP MISTY AWAY!

I'll stop watching the anime the day Misty is permanently taken off the show.

precita
October 5th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Meh, OF COURSE! NO WAY IS THAT WOMAN TO GO AWAY AND KEEP MISTY AWAY!

I'll stop watching the anime the day Misty is permanently taken off the show.

You should have stopped watching at the end of Johto then, since Misty already is permanantly off the show.

The reason Misty won't come back is because there's no reason for her to come back. She has nothing to contribute to the anime anymore. What's she to do? Stand there holding Azurill and say a couple of lines each episode? There's just no point, and that's why the writers won't bring her back.

Misty has been gone for over 130+ episodes now, and there are no signs that she wants to do anything other than to tend her Gym.

Pokemon Advance has been critically acclaimed by fans, as the majority of people who aren't Misty fanboys think the show is better than ever.

I can't wait till the D/P cast is revealed and people see that Misty still isn't part of the series, maybe then they can shut up about it and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

dqle
October 7th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Man, there's so much debate to decide if Misty's character is fully developed or not. People say she's done. Others, like me, see more potential since all characters can never be 'complete'.

If Misty's character is 'complete', then Ash should have been out of the picture soon after her. I personally think that Ash's character hasn't changed all that much since his adventures in Kanto. Of course, I'm not implying that Ash should be gone, and it's just my opinion.

And there's no need to be bashing Misty fans. For cryin' out loud, they're not gonna stop as long as the show exists, and you all know it.

Rukario_911
October 7th, 2005, 05:54 PM
hi mystic trunks im sorry

Karasuma
October 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM
What if Ash really says its goodbyes on battle frontier.

They may want to show Wes and Rui now. Wes seems cool.

jc_rcw
October 7th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Well I really love misty but I don't think she's coming back anytime soon.

Karasuma
October 7th, 2005, 06:08 PM
hi mystic trunks im sorry

Dude for the last time dont spam or I'm telling a mod!

Anyway, I really want Kasumi and Satoshi kiss and make up a=on the last eppy. They gotta do it. Thats the last piece they must put to end the adventures of Ashyboy. Anyone know whats the new region? Is it hoenn? :\

jc_rcw
October 7th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Dude for the last time dont spam or I'm telling a mod!

Anyway, I really want Kasumi and Satoshi kiss and make up a=on the last eppy. They gotta do it. Thats the last piece they must put to end the adventures of Ashyboy. Anyone know whats the new region? Is it hoenn? :\

The region where the battle frontier is at is Kanto, and I want ash and misty to get together too.

CheapYugiohDeckMastr
October 12th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Misty has to come back. I really think she is going to make a surprise return during the Battle Factory filler in Kanto. They are in Kanto after all. I don't know how far along they are in it now since I'm not form Japan and havn't watched them online either, but I have been saying from the get go that she will come back in the middle of the season or at the end of it and she will travel with Ash and co again. As for Tracey I don't really know what's going to happen with him. Then again I haven't given much thought to his character since I don't like him for obvious reasons. As for Ash and Misty getting together I think it will happen somewhere down the line in the Diamond/Pear Season and if they finally have a kiss it probably won't be until he becomes a Pokemon Master.

SBaby
October 12th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I have a few theories as to the whole Misty thing. And I haven't read any articles regarding the Japanese version of Pokemon, but they're usually tight-lipped about these things anyway, so it probably doesn't make too much of a difference.

1: The occasional reunions with her hint at the fact that Japan hasn't forgotten about her. They could hint at the possibility of her returning in the future.

2: Pokemon changes its cast from time to time, so they might just be waiting to write off Brock, Max and May as well and add new people into the fray, or recall other characters.

3: My most dreaded theory: Misty has become a minor character in the series. If this is the case, one of two things will happen. She'll either become a rival later on, or she'll become Ash's main love interest.

I hope it's not #3, even though I'd like to see Ash and Misty get hitched.