PDA

View Full Version : Has this every happened to you?

machinegun777
October 5th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Has any of you been teased for liking pokemon?

I was! :(

Wingnut
October 5th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah. My wife teases me about it all the time. My so doesn't seem to care, though (He's 3). :D

Fury of Ninetales
October 5th, 2005, 05:10 PM
i don't even let most people know that i like pokemon. a kid at my skool has a pokemon blanket that he sometimes uses in public and people make fun of him and he doesn't even like pokemon. besides my pokemon liking friends, i don't tell people that i like pokemon.

molloy
October 5th, 2005, 07:35 PM
never been teased for liking pokemon. but still i dont think i'd tell people i like it just incase :P. well i tell the people u know that like it to thats it

panghan7
October 6th, 2005, 12:29 AM
well,i sometimes being teased by my friend such as liking pokemon is too childish...but i dun care what they say n i wil still proudly tell ALL my friend that i like pokemon!!! XD

kohei
October 6th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I think they don't care. I mean, my dA is mostly filled with Pokemon art, but no one cares.

Dragonfree
October 6th, 2005, 05:13 AM
At least some people at my school know (my site is linked to in my profile on the school website and I have declared that I'm getting a Revolution if they make a Pokmon game for it) but they've never bothered me about it. (They've made a small joke about including Pokmon in the games to play especially for me at some video game thingy they were organizing, but that was just a joke and doesn't qualify for teasing in my mind.)

The Fly
October 6th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Yeah, it still happens I think...I don't really care anymore whether someone teases me or not...it's not like I'm listening. I haven't been listening to taunts since I was 12...so yeah.

Shiny Meganium
October 6th, 2005, 07:17 AM
One of my friends got teased because of it. I just shut up about it so no-one knows.

Suki
October 6th, 2005, 12:02 PM
i dont tell my friends that i l;ike it theyll think im really strange no offence but thats who they are
we used to do pokemon cards at skool but it was banned cos it was sopopular so evry1 has forgotten about it

Himawarii
October 6th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I never get teased.The kids at my school(we are middle schoolers)still like Pokemon.They say that there are worser ways of spending half an hour.Besides,they particularly love Pikachu and Jigglypuff.The kids in my school are no flamers,they just think the games are WAY betyter than the anime.And since i'm popular at my school,they respect my opinion.

machinegun777
October 7th, 2005, 03:14 AM
I never get teased.The kids at my school(we are middle schoolers)still like Pokemon.They say that there are worser ways of spending half an hour.Besides,they particularly love Pikachu and Jigglypuff.The kids in my school are no flamers,they just think the games are WAY betyter than the anime.And since i'm popular at my school,they respect my opinion.

Lucky, everybody at my school hates pokemon. Except 2 people I know and one of them said he plays pokemon when he's bored.

Eon-Rider
October 7th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Most of my friends know but they don't really care.

Rai
October 7th, 2005, 03:37 AM
My Brother teases me sometimes....but I know he is only joking....

Drifblim
October 7th, 2005, 03:48 AM
It used to be a lot, given that my Catholic town (I'm Lutheran) wanted to keep themselves on the ball in trends, moving from one to the next. Now, even in my school and when many people are aware of it, nothing is said.

In Wingnut's case, that's part of marriage, I'm afraid. If she didn't tease you, she didn't love you.

Kinzu_kiwi
October 7th, 2005, 09:04 AM
The huge letters are so overkill.
Stop drinking taco sauce, it can make you do many hard to forgive mistakes.
Well, the guy's banned now, so it doesn't matter, does it?
Anyway, I've sort of been teased for liking pokemon, although it's not original what they say. It happened a lot more back when I was younger. Just stupid stuff. I'm still into pokemon, although a bunch less than when I was younger.

Smarties-chan
October 7th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Well, most people who have observed what I'm doing should know I like pokemon. I haven't been teased for it though. I also think most don't know I'm a total pokemon fanatic.

jynx
October 8th, 2005, 03:36 AM
I was even bullied because of it! XD

But when I actually got moved up a year, and still manage to top my sciences, they said nothing afterwards! XD
Some even want to know more about Pokemon!

Hinoshi-chan
October 8th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I have only once been teased
Everyone in the family likes pokemon ( well nearly )
so, and if anyone said anything like " ha, you like poke'mon " i wouldnt complain at all, its my life, not theres, if they dont like pokemon, dont worry @__@

Charaxes
October 8th, 2005, 09:00 AM
My junior year of high school in 98-99, when it was starting out, so yeah, I got teased (I was raising Starmie one day when one of the school gigglos asked me what game I was playing and hesitantly I said Pokemon. You can guess his reaction) . Of course at this point, I was the loner and began not to care about anyone's thoughts of me.

My following year, I was muted about it but I still made my stance on it known. No hassles thankfully.

After that I became more blazen and openly loved it. My most recent clash of the bashing was a few years ago. There was a chain of Yu-Gi-Oh tours, which my friends all played at (I went to a few as a lark). There was a clique of goth players who wanted me to join them but I wouldn't, so they mocked Pokemon because they knew how openly I was about it (I had my card box full of Pokemon stickers and my black shirts. I particularly remember the taunts as the Lugia three parter was dubbed at the time). But being there before, I let my cards do the talking, and I crushed them.

Of course, I quit the tours after making second place (would have won if I had a better hand) but the mocking still has happened to me. Of course I dress in all black and speak in prose, which makes them think...

"Do you really want to go there?"

Yeah, if I had more passion, I'd fight them more (This from the guy who was ready to go into a fistfight because someone insulted the G-Force Gatchaman dub). Oh well.

Snivi
October 8th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Yeah I have been teased by some members of my family. Mostly just my sister's husband but he is just a jerk anyway. He won't even let his kids watch Pokemon. Most of my family is used to it and used to me and my obsessions for that matter. For example my sister was not surprised by how much I like it. XD

Espy Psyche
October 8th, 2005, 09:22 AM
My friend's girlfriend makes fun of me and him for it. Many others too. It isn't very popular anymore...
I was bullied in middle school anyway, but this then added fuel to an already raging fire. It was popular for a while, then we were banned and it all went downhill from there.

Master Kwesi Nkromah
October 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I've been teased by:
1. my girlfriend of 2 years constantly
2. my oldest brother
3. 2 of my 5 sisters but they played the game for a time
4. my Aunt and 2 of her 3 daughters
5. my Little brother (whos now 19.. or 20) but for a time he played the game too
6. a few friends at in high school who also played but grew out of it
7. a few friends in College who dont understand why I played
8. a few co-workers
Lol and with all that I'm still going strong.

Thomas
October 8th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I am pretty sure every older fan has been. I have, but now I keep my fandom to myself.

Charaxes
October 8th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Anyone notice that most of the teasing comes from family members?

It took my mother three-four years to approve of me going to League. Geez.

If I were cynical, I could make a comment on "how the ones that give the most pain are the ones who we love" but that's too gothy/angsty for me and that's not my shtick.

Personally, I'd rather not think about it. My head will explode.

Master Kwesi Nkromah
October 8th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I don't really see it that way. My family did tease me allot but i think it was because they loved me and I love them, that they felt it was ok. They and I both knew that I was playing with kiddy games and it was kinda funny. They weren't trying to hurt my feelings or anything.

deoxys and celebi master
October 8th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Yeah, my brother teases me about it ALL THE TIME!

jc_rcw
October 8th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah most of the people but i don't really care about what they say.

Charaxes
October 8th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Master Kwesi, I didn't mean it like that, it's just a funny observation. That most of the teasing is from family members. Just was being...conspiratory. I have those moments. Shifty eyes.

Mostly, it was just a double take observation. My humor is a cruel mistress. It wants what it wants when it wants it.

So it's like the heart? Shifty eyes.

Linoone
October 8th, 2005, 04:39 PM
well, some of them I usuallly use phrases like: "if you agree milord, if you don't you can look somewhere else", my brother knows but hasn't said anything, good or bad*faints*

O
October 8th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Play it, Don't live it. I play the games. Everyone does. I bring up my DS in class and play Pokmon. Heck, they want to battle me. Pokmon is a well respected game in my school. So yea. I don't get teased about it. Pokmon is a pretty good game. You only get teased when you decorate you room with Pokmon Stickers, or you go like "PIka Pika" in class... Play it. Don't live it.

Cherrim
October 8th, 2005, 05:57 PM
People try to tease me at school. I'll be on PC and they'll say, "You like Pokmon?" I'll just nod and say yes, and then they leave me alone because they know that's really the only reaction they'll get from me. It's fun~ That and most of the time, if they aren't with their friends, they'll admit they like(d) it too.

No one else really makes fun of me. My friends mostly still like it and if they don't, they could care less if I like it. o_o;; I grew up with it--I liked it at a young age when it first came out, so my parents are used to it too. My brother? He brags at school that I'm an admin at a big Pokmon forum so...he doesn't tease, evidently. XD;

TRIFORCE89
October 9th, 2005, 06:30 AM
People try to tease me at school. I'll be on PC and they'll say, "You like Pokmon?" I'll just nod and say yes, and then they leave me alone because they know that's really the only reaction they'll get from me. It's fun~ That and most of the time, if they aren't with their friends, they'll admit they like(d) it too.

No one else really makes fun of me. My friends mostly still like it and if they don't, they could care less if I like it. o_o;; I grew up with it--I liked it at a young age when it first came out, so my parents are used to it too. My brother? He brags at school that I'm an admin at a big Pokmon forum so...he doesn't tease, evidently. XD;
Well that *must* get him some nice rep points. "My sister runs a Pokemon forum!"

Yeah...at school, this is why I'm either not on, or I try to use Avant Browser and disable images. I have no backbone, you're better at this than I am.

Shiny Meganium
October 9th, 2005, 08:05 AM
In my school no one ever dares mention it. People would laugh.

Recknin
October 9th, 2005, 08:18 AM
to tell the truth i haven't even
watched 1 episode from pokemon
i love the games, and everybody
in my school hates the anime
but like the games

Sylphiel
October 9th, 2005, 08:27 AM
I haven't ever been truly teased for it yet, thankfully. I think the most I've gotten is some odd looks or some comments from some of my family members, but that's about it.

It's probably because I don't exactly go around showing that I like pokemon. The only people I've purposely revealed that to are people who've shown that they like pokemon as well (and I even managed to befriend someone in high school because of allowing him to play my copy of Pokemon Blue. Too bad I lost contact with him, though). If anybody else has found out that I like it, then either they don't care, or they just keep their comments to themselves, usually.

Himawarii
October 9th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I haven't ever been truly teased for it yet, thankfully. I think the most I've gotten is some odd looks or some comments from some of my family members, but that's about it.

It's probably because I don't exactly go around showing that I like pokemon. The only people I've purposely revealed that to are people who've shown that they like pokemon as well (and I even managed to befriend someone in high school because of allowing him to play my copy of Pokemon Blue. Too bad I lost contact with him, though). If anybody else has found out that I like it, then either they don't care, or they just keep their comments to themselves, usually.

That's too bad you lost contact with him.Usually people who say they don't like Pokemon probably liked Pokemon when they were younger.But I guess Pokemno has been so made fun of back in Detroit,where i used to live,is because of the gang trends,which is in reality if you open up yoiur mind wider,not cool.Here in Canton,it's those crazy kindergardeners that don't like it and instead 6th - 12th graders are obsessed with it.that's reaally switched.

I also remeber in 2nd grade when we used to have little givaway for the holidays.the staff decided that Pokemon was so popular,they decided to post a ramdom silhoette of a Pokemon up on the audorium.The first guesser to get the answer right won $20.00!I won the one where they posted up Clefable,which was very stumping for other people.So I guess back then,iot really 'payed'to be a Pokemon fan.

SBaby
October 9th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Here's an interesting tidbit. If someone teases you about liking Pokemon or any Anime for that matter, there's at least a 70 percent chance that they like the same show too.

I was once teased for watching Sailor Moon by someone that I'm now friends with. How did we become friends? I caught him watching Sailor Moon. Try as he might, he couldn't get the TV turned off in time to avoid my eye (and I heard the dialogue too so it wouldn't have mattered).

My point, if you catch them doing the same thing they make fun of you for doing, they'll stop picking on you and possibly become friends with you.

Shining Lericon
October 9th, 2005, 12:29 PM
I normally don't tell others that I like Pokemon, but I made the mistake of telling some of my high school friends about the fact that I like Pokemon, and they teased me about it. After that happened, I will never tell that I like Pokemon at school again.

Cherrim
October 9th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Well that *must* get him some nice rep points. "My sister runs a Pokemon forum!"

Yeah...at school, this is why I'm either not on, or I try to use Avant Browser and disable images. I have no backbone, you're better at this than I am.
:O Disable sigs/avatars and switch to the default vB theme--I did that at the beginning of last year so no one would see I was at a Pokmon forum and it worked~

Cybex Mewtwo
October 11th, 2005, 10:07 AM
I never have. Cause all who know like it as well. XD!

machinegun777
October 11th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Here's an interesting tidbit. If someone teases you about liking Pokemon or any Anime for that matter, there's at least a 70 percent chance that they like the same show too.

I was once teased for watching Sailor Moon by someone that I'm now friends with. How did we become friends? I caught him watching Sailor Moon. Try as he might, he couldn't get the TV turned off in time to avoid my eye (and I heard the dialogue too so it wouldn't have mattered).

My point, if you catch them doing the same thing they make fun of you for doing, they'll stop picking on you and possibly become friends with you.

Hey, that's not a bad idea!

.::Tsunami::.
October 15th, 2005, 04:49 AM
no not from me normally the bully at school but all my friends at school like pokemon

Greta
October 15th, 2005, 05:51 AM
A couple of times...oO;. Im always being teased by my mother...she keeps telling me that these stuff is for babies, but I dont care because she doesnt really even know what pokemon are XD.
Ive also been teased by a couple of my classmates, when they found out that Im actually watching the show once in a while! But I dont seem to care for that either.
Pokemon hasnt got an age limit or something, and it has always been fun! ^^

Fury of Ninetales
October 15th, 2005, 05:57 AM
same here, greta. my mom teases me about it. She says that i'm going into the "Dark World" whenever i play or associate with anything relating 2 pokemon. just because my best friend plays pokemon my mom says that he's "in the Dark World" 2. can't she just let me have fun playing the game and watching the anime? :\

October 16th, 2005, 07:42 PM
She's your mum anyway people stop teasing me now it's good

~tang~
October 16th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I haven't actually watched the anime in about 5 years! I leave for school to early to catch it, but I've loved the games ever since I found out about them... which was about the time they came out I think o.O

I don't try to keep it quite... I just don't tell people. But my best friend likes it too, so we play it together (woah that sounds weird at my age :\) but, uh...yeah

October 17th, 2005, 02:02 AM
She's your mum anyway people stop teasing me now it's good
Also What I meant by that is she's mum that she tease's you like that well my mum just says alright do your thing

Recknin
October 17th, 2005, 08:27 AM
ma big bro teases me sometimes coz hes a *anti pokemon*type of person

QT Plusle
October 20th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Me and my sis are the reason my little brother likes pokemon!

yer...I've been bullied about it. But then once I saw the same bully walking around the supermarket with a pikachu hat on. she totally freaked when she saw me and never bullied me again. But then there is my friends. I have some really nice friends, who, when they see our massive collection of pokemon figures say: "these are nice!" picking one up. But some friends...(*shiver*)....me and my sis have to hide all our pokemon stuff when they come round our house! :(

Recknin
October 21st, 2005, 01:52 PM
but if i say i like the anime in ma school *which i dont*i still would'nt get teased sinse ma bro is one of the toughest guy in ma school

PichuSecretBase
October 21st, 2005, 02:00 PM
Heres the key. Dont tell anyone! :D Plus, I dont really like it anymore. Im just oddly drawn to PC because Ive been a member here since 2002.