PDA

View Full Version : Food in Pokémon

Kenta-kun
February 24th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Not sure where this belongs. Anyways, I've been thinking...what do they use for meat in the Pokémon world? I don't wanna think that they eat Miltanks (beef), Grumpigs (bacon/pork), Combusken (chicken), or any of the other various Pokémon, but there never has been any real evidence of any "normal" creatures in the Pokémon world...& they DO eat meat, I know people have mentioned hamburgers before in the anime. And I believe I remember a comment about a Magikarp being inedible was made as well.

(And yes, I am aware that i will probably be flamed just for mentioning this >_<)

parallelzero
February 24th, 2004, 05:57 PM
it has run through my mind a couple of times. I dont think fried Pokemon would taste any good. Who knows... they could be eating tofu burgers

orange*berry
February 24th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Seems a little grusome, doesn't it? Biting into your best friend... x.x *Imagines Satoshi eating Pikachuu meat*

It's probably not leagal, but people do it anyway. x.x Just a thought.

parallelzero
February 24th, 2004, 06:03 PM
what about slowpoketails off gold and silver... people ate those.... gross

Voice_of_the_forest
February 24th, 2004, 06:08 PM
They did? O right! That's why I had to battle team rocket at the slowpoke well. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Barbaric!

orange*berry
February 24th, 2004, 06:10 PM
They did? O right! That's why I had to battle team rocket at the slowpoke well. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Barbaric!

Can't really imagine a tail would taste very good, but apparently it must be a delecacy for what they want for one of those things. n.n()()

Voice_of_the_forest
February 24th, 2004, 06:14 PM
why do you always ut n.n at the end?????

orange*berry
February 24th, 2004, 06:16 PM
why do you always ut n.n at the end?????

One of my many habits. x.x It's a curse I'm afraid...

Voice_of_the_forest
February 24th, 2004, 06:21 PM
lol i hate the Pikachu movies at the beginning of movies (this is random) Well, i don't hate it, but i hate watching it with my brother. He copies what Pikachu says! So pikachu uses Thundershock and he'slike "PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's soooooooooo annoying!!!!!

parallelzero
February 24th, 2004, 06:23 PM
try to stay on topic! ;) its kinda the idea

Imakuni?
February 24th, 2004, 06:37 PM
um this is very wrong i find it disturbing... i wish this was closed

Voice_of_the_forest
February 24th, 2004, 06:47 PM
how is this disturbing????

Yamichu
February 24th, 2004, 06:48 PM
There's hardly a need for this to be closed.
Pokemon aren't real.

But anyway I guess they'd eat pokemon since there isn't any normal animals like chicken and stuff.

~HORN!

Voice_of_the_forest
February 24th, 2004, 06:51 PM
yamichu is igh. If this was actually real, that's a different story.
*what does it mean to be paried up with someone???

Yamichu
February 24th, 2004, 06:59 PM
yamichu is igh. If this was actually real, that's a different story.
*what does it mean to be paried up with someone???

Go here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1611&page=1)

And read the 1st page...it explains it all....and thanks for agreeing with me...it would be a different story if we where talking about REAL people eating REAL animals.

~HORN!

Voice_of_the_forest
February 24th, 2004, 07:01 PM
o i c. thanks for the link

Kenta-kun
February 24th, 2004, 07:27 PM
If they did eat them, it would only be selected species, probably. We don't eat everything

Voice_of_the_forest
February 24th, 2004, 07:28 PM
we don't??????? jk lol Anyways, how do u make a new tread?

Pluslechu
February 24th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Pokemon escargot.......*imagines someone eating magcargo* Owee! Wouldn't it hurt to eat certain types *_*
.....Anyway there is a farfetch'd pokedex entry that says it's served with it's leek....... And on the real animal thing, I was a bit confused when I saw the episode where Ash first arrived at the Cerulean Gym, and angelfish and other various real fish speicies were swimming by... "Fish swimming?"-Ash (Well duuh do ya think fish walk ya nincompoop? @_@ Sry, randomness...)

Kenta-kun
February 24th, 2004, 09:34 PM
ya, it probably would. But that's why they wouldn't eat those types. They'd probably only eat the equivalent Pokémon of what we eat. Not more than they had to.

jynx
February 25th, 2004, 12:16 AM
I saw some chicken legs in the St Anne episode...
there weren't any chicken Pokemon at that time...
maybe they import meat from other countries :p

Kenta-kun
February 25th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Ya, imported from hoenn, lol...can u imagine? KFC= Kentucky Fried Combusken :p

jynx
February 25th, 2004, 10:54 AM
XDDDDDDD
Dashes striaght into KFC

orange*berry
February 25th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Ya, imported from hoenn, lol...can u imagine? KFC= Kentucky Fried Combusken :p

Those would be some big chicken legs. x.x You'de have to have trainers to make them evolve too. XD

Ice Lugia
February 25th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Er... maybe this is just me. However, the way I see it, Pokemon are not eaten. I have seen no example of this anywhere, except for perhaps as part of odd Pokemon parodies b people who just have too much time. Instead, it appears, and is said, that there is "normal" food in Pokemon. I remember seeing chicken. Brock often cooks stew, and I'm assuming no Pokemon were slaughtered in the making. After all, this is supposed to be kids' television, and killing what you train seems to go against that.

Kayleigh
February 25th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Voice of the forest, try to stay on topic please.

Anyways, I've seen real animals on the Pokemon anime. O_o There were fish swimming in the episode where the S.S. Anne sunk. There was shrimp on Ash's plate when he was eating once during an episode when they were at the Indigo League. And, on the Ghost of Maiden's Peak episode, Ghastly made a mongoose appear. (I think that's what it was.) So my belief is that there are real animals in the Pokémon world, we just never really see them. But I bet that's where they get their meat.

And yakksoho, they do change the names sometimes. I've heard them call rice balls 'sandwiches' and 'donuts'. x_x;

Ice Lugia
February 25th, 2004, 03:29 PM
I just had an odd thought pop into my head. It came from an anthropomorphic RP community I watch. Since the characters were animals, eating them would be improper since it would be canniballsim. The creator of the RP community got an idea that the only "meat" available would be protein, derived from insects and plants, shaped into meat. While I doubt this is what is actually in Pokemon, there's nothing to say it couldn't work.

shep
February 25th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Why can there be normal animals in the pokemon world? Im pretty sure ive seen a regular bird or some other animal in the series...
Besides, whats so gruesome about eating a fictional character thats not about eating real animals?

Ice Lugia
February 25th, 2004, 03:41 PM
There's nothing saying that normal animals can't exist. We just want to think of everything else that could possibly happen. For one thing, do Pokeballs catch normal animals?

yakksoho
February 25th, 2004, 04:25 PM
And yakksoho, they do change the names sometimes. I've heard them call rice balls 'sandwiches' and 'donuts'. x_x;

"Sandwiches" is hilarious! I guess dounuts makes sense for anmochi and maybe onigiri but its a stretch :D wow I wonder why they change the names of that, doesn't anybody but me eat omusubi in America?

Sankari
February 25th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I have no idea what that is, but I used to think that people ate pokemon. That episode where they were in that Seaking contest, Ash said "cat fish", which I immediatly yelled, "There's no such thing as cat fish! Argh!"
I did notice in some episodes they had fish that weren't pokemon in the episodes. I guess the creators just forget! It's easy to forget! Just like in Spongebob! They accidently put an ocean under the ocean! In Hamtaro at the end, when that girl, Laura (or whatever her name is) thinks as she's writing in her journal, Hamtaro replies! The worlds not making any sense anymore! And why am I watching Hamtaro!?
*looks down in her pie and breaks into song*
Oh, look!
Oh, my!
Hamtaro's in my pie!

And you know what else!?
I'm going nuts!!!!!!!!!!!! This is way too confusing!!!

Pluslechu
February 25th, 2004, 08:31 PM
I think I lost my mind a loooong time ago. *pats SPon on the back* youre not alone ._.;;
FLYING COOKIES! ...........

Moonlit_Angel
February 27th, 2004, 09:38 PM
I think they do eat Pokemon. Heck, we eat animals. They would eat Pokemon. It doesn't seem nasty to me. Does it seem nasty when you take a bite outta fried chicken or a hamburger? No, I didn't think so. So why not?Mwahahahaha, fried Combusken, anyone?
I also think that other Pokemon prey upon each other. Like..... an Umbreon eats a Rattata. Or a Pidgeot eats a Magikarp. It even says on various Poke'dex entries. I believe that Pokemon is paralell to our own world.

Kayleigh
March 3rd, 2004, 11:08 AM
Yes, I believe so too. Remember on the episode when Ash caught Pidgeotto? When he sent out Caterpie, it immediately started chasing it, trying to eat it. Misty also gave him a lecture on how 'birds eat bugs'. So I think that Pokemon do prey on each other, and humans most likely eat them too? o.o *imagines fried Pikachu*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sankari
March 3rd, 2004, 11:27 AM
Moonlit Angel's right. And pluslechu...

CREAM PUFFS!

Oh, yes, and vibrava eat magikarp!

CREAM PUFFS!

dqle
March 4th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Uggg... you guys are wierd. Eating creatures that can actually understand human speech is really disturbing. Killing is also out of the question in this chidren's show!

I remember that there were small worms in that Caterpie episode (the Pidgiotto swooped down and ate a worm (or a line) before being attacked by Ash's Caterpie)
Also, there were fish swimming in the ocean during the episode where the St. Anne (it's S.S. Anne you fool!) was at the bottom of the sea.

P.S. I've never noticed Brock putting any type of meat in his food. All I see is rice or some kind of cream sauce with lots of veggies.

Kenta-kun
March 4th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Yeah, well, Takeshi's a bit odd, isn't he? And besides, he's a breeder...he's probably one of those nuts who's completely against meat. Like in our world, there must be vegetarians in the Pokémon world. Also, like someone else said, there are probably Pokémon who are bred to be slaughtered.

PS. Don't put a PS on your post. If you're gonna say something, say it in the main post :P

ScArLetSkye
March 4th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Me going NUTS!This is confusing....*sniff*Pokémon.....bred....to be slaughtered.:(

dqle
March 5th, 2004, 09:25 AM
OMG WHERE THE **** DID YOU GET THAT CONCEPT?!?!?

That's just completely wrong. I'm sorry. Even if there were pokémon derived from their wild counterparts, it's just not right!

*eats some tofu*

Kenta-kun
March 5th, 2004, 03:29 PM
It's not really that wrong. I find it impossible to believe an entire civilization to be purely vegetarian. And, seeing as how the only confirmed normal animals in the Pokémon universe are small insects & fish, we must assume they eat the pokemon