PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?

parallelzero
February 24th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Ok, so all of my friends have grown out of Pokemon. So I try to keep the fact that I still like it a secret. So whenever I have a friend over, I kick my Pokemon stuff under my bed or sumwhere. Then, someone finds out and tells everyone, and your stuck with the reputation of Pokemon geek. Yes... this topic came out of personal experiences... joy for me!

But has this or something like it ever happened to you?

orange*berry
February 24th, 2004, 05:56 PM
No! Because all my friends are Pokemon fans. I either got them interested, or they just came that way. n.n() I have nothing to hide from them, really.

Satoshi
February 24th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Ok, so all of my friends have grown out of Pokemon. So I try to keep the fact that I still like it a secret. So whenever I have a friend over, I kick my Pokemon stuff under my bed or sumwhere. Then, someone finds out and tells everyone, and your stuck with the reputation of Pokemon geek. Yes... this topic came out of personal experiences... joy for me!

Yes and No. Some of my friends love Pokemon like me and some of them don't. Every time one of my friends, that is not into Pokemon over comes over I hide all my Pokemon stuff. But I LOVE POKEMON and no one can change that!!

Voice_of_the_forest
February 24th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Doesn't matter to me. My friends respect me. None of them likes pokemon except Daniel but they never make fun of me. I mean, pokemon's not the only thing i like, just the best thing!

Pokemaster10000
February 24th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Ok, so all of my friends have grown out of Pokemon. So I try to keep the fact that I still like it a secret. So whenever I have a friend over, I kick my Pokemon stuff under my bed or sumwhere.

Um, yes. But I don't hide my things. You should be proud and have pride in pokemon. I know I do.

Voice_of_the_forest
February 24th, 2004, 07:14 PM
I do too but how old r u guys!!!!!

Pokemaster10000
February 24th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Well, look into my profile.

Scyther5
February 24th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah its happened, but luckly i turned them in fanatics too =p whew

Pluslechu
February 24th, 2004, 09:28 PM
That hasn't happened to me....But I keep the fact that I ABSOLUTLEY ADORE the show a secret at school... They just know I play Sapphire, so I'm safe. *whew* good thing a lot of cute guys at my school like those games...

Evil Togepi
February 25th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Honestly you shouldn't have to keep what you like to watch a secret, if your friends found out and tease you about it then they're not your real friends, real friends would respect the fact you watch it.

Personally I have gone through something similar at school but not with pokmon as I was lucky enough to get into that when I left school at 16, but it's terrible how people will just tease other people just cos they like something different than what they're into...everyone should just respect what other people like that's why if I ever meet someone new I try to show them I'm a complete pokemon/anime nut first off to get it over with and see their reaction....most of the time, people couldn't care less and get used to it but all the people I meet tend to be my age anyway ^_^;;

KingpiN
February 25th, 2004, 06:24 AM
yep...i mean...is a honorable thing to stand before ure friends and say: "i liike poookemonnn!"....cuz, they might still want to be your friends, but they may think u are kinda childish or something...so....i preffer to keep my pkmn likings to me:)

...i hope u understand what i just said:D

Salu2

Sayuri no Hoshi
February 25th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Most of the friends that I've made in my school's drama club love anime and manga so I have no problem talking about it with them. I don't really tell them I like Pokemon, though, lol. Although, there is this one boy I talked to that said he liked to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! a lot...that's more than good enough for me...^_^ However, the friends I've known since middle school and such would think of me as "the freak that likes all that Japanese animation stuff"; so I don't bother even mentioning anime, or better yet Pokemon, to them since I'm stuck in their clique. I know they'd probably keep up a friendship with me but it wouldn't be the same...>_< Either way, I don't really care because I have you guys at PC! Yay, lol.

*~Ashley~*
February 25th, 2004, 11:55 AM
i have a lot of friends that like anime... but not pokmon. they think it's stupid and don't even consider it anime. but in school pokmon doesn't ever come up and there are plenty of other things to talk about.

as for hiding my stuff, i don't. no one really comes over my house anymore anyways so i don't have a need to hide anything. not that i care that they see my stuff or anything. honestly i don't care whether or not my friends know that i still like pokmon. they don't only cause it never comes up.

Porygon
February 25th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I keep my liking Pokmon an absolute secret. I don't watch the show when someone might see me, I don't allow people to see me on Pokmon websites, I mean, really only my brother knows I still like Pokmon, and he hasn't even seen me watching the show anymore, just playing the ROM.

Voice_of_the_forest
February 25th, 2004, 01:08 PM
I like pokemon and i don't have to keep it a secret. My friend likes yu-gi-oh and it's mostly the girls who tease him. None of the boys. So the reason the girls don't tease me is becuase a friend that's a girl of mine also likes pokemon and she's really popular so yay! :P

yakksoho
February 25th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Well this is an interesting topic for me since I have no friends here...I have some friends in Japan and on the Internet, but ever since I started liking pocket monsters i lost all my American friends... haha maybe its NOT a coincidence?!?!?

:cheeky:

I remember long ago in high school when I would draw satoshi or something my "friends" would laugh at me and if i started singing some song (like one of the really annoying ones like natsuyasumi fanklub) they would walk away. haha theyre so lame ;D i think watching pocket monsters is definetly a sign of coolness. ;)

Ice Lugia
February 25th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Around here, the usual stereotypes have been strengthened quite a bit by some unknown force before I came. Pokemaniacs are supposed to be eight or nine. I'm thirteen, but around here, that's considered a great, big difference. I'm already an outcast, though, so it just might be that it couldn't get any worse.

Pluslechu
February 25th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Honestly you shouldn't have to keep what you like to watch a secret, if your friends found out and tease you about it then they're not your real friends, real friends would respect the fact you watch it.

Personally I have gone through something similar at school but not with pokmon as I was lucky enough to get into that when I left school at 16, but it's terrible how people will just tease other people just cos they like something different than what they're into...everyone should just respect what other people like that's why if I ever meet someone new I try to show them I'm a complete pokemon/anime nut first off to get it over with and see their reaction....most of the time, people couldn't care less and get used to it but all the people I meet tend to be my age anyway ^_^;;
I agree with you on the fact hat you shouldn't tease people because they like something. Hey I hate classical ,music, and my best friend's into it and I don't say anything bad about it to her...(Just an exsample don't mind me XD)

Pokemaster10000
February 25th, 2004, 05:11 PM
i preffer to keep my pkmn likings to me:)

...i hope u understand what i just said:D

Yeah, I understand. Just say you like pokemon but don't overshow it by wearing some kind of I like pokemon shirt on. In my school, you get jumped by wearing it.

Sankari
February 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM
My geography teacher calls pokemon pokyman...He says there are poky men, and poky women, LOL. He thinks pokemon is for little kids, but he doen't even know that I like it. I'm always called his "best and brightest student, Haley Wall." Darnnit...I just said my name...I he say my notebook (my notebook is flooding with pokemon pictures), I'd be the laughing-stock of the school. At the first day of 6th grade, I had a pokemon back pack that was really neat. The "not neat" part about it is that every time I passed an 8th or 7th grader, they'd comment and say, "Look! The ickle 6th grader still likes pokemon!" or "Ooh...Pokemon: how popular..." I didn't take the backpack off, bravely, but unfortunately, a gigantuan hole ripped in it...I would of worn it the rest of my life, but...
*snort* I still have it in the closet!
<_<
>_>
Anyways, in 5th grade, I seem to be telling an autobiography of myself, this kid litterally came up to Clappyseel and I and commented, "You still like pokemon?"
"Yes..."
"I thought that was old, and people started liking Yu-Gi-Oh, and DragonballZ and stuff."
I like neither, so don't kill me.
Phew...so, uh...don't let the people get you down! Be proud that your a fan! Everyone on this site is brave for liking pokemon still!

Latios Master
February 25th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Some people at my school know that I like Pokemon, and I don't care. None of my friends act like they like Pokemon (except for one who doesn't go to my school), but when I start playing Ruby or Sapphire on my GBASP, they want to play it badly. :P

Sankari
February 25th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I started liking pokemon because everyone else liked it. I'm not like that anymore. I'm a freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thinker. Whahoo!

Pluslechu
February 25th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Yaaay free thinkers! ^_^ :P I'm in seventh grade now but when I was in 5th grade people would tease me about liking pokemon, like one time, some kid in my class said 'Hey Lindsey! Are you a pokemon master???" I just looked away, but he started telling his friends that I said yes and....ooh I didn't do anything about it, but it's always made me sooo mad... I mean, he was the most pokemon obsessed boy in class back in 3rd grade. Gosh, how could someone be sooo fickle?! Rar! *bites evil kid's head off* I switched schools because of stuff like that...recently I saw him in the bus line, and kicked him in the shins for being such a jerk a couple years ago ^_^ I didn't tell him why though, so I feel fine about it ^_^ It was nothing compared to all the times he tortured me before.... He and his friends took turns stepping on my head just because I liked pokemon!!! ._.;;

Cassie-chan
February 25th, 2004, 08:27 PM
no one comes over to my house. I'm Not very popular eather. The best thing I know students call me is "the smart kid" But No one knows I like pokemon but my family anjd my bro. likes it to, so I'm happy. :D :D :D :D :D

Vai Fox
February 26th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Bleh..I don't care what anyone else thinks.My whole household knows about Pokemon,my mom knows just a few of them like Pikachu and Charmander.She even sells Pokemon videos on ebay,so I know my family doesn't care if I still like it.But I guess if I still went to school (i'm now homeschooled,nyah),people would probably tease me,but their opinions couldn't do anything to me.In truth,I never had anything at school really Pokemon-ish,but in elementary,people knew I drew pokemon all the time.So..hehe,in short..WHO CARES what others think!It's what you think that matters to you. :D

Flaming Torchic
February 26th, 2004, 09:05 AM

Truthfully, I couldn't care less what people thought, its not like I go around my school screaming "I love pokemon!" But if they found out I wouldn't care, cause I don't care what people think. Here is an example:

Kid: Oh my gosh! You like pokemon!?!

FT: Yeah, so?

Kid: ...*chuckles*

Yeah, pretty much that is how I would handle it, cause the more embarrassed you are, the more they will laugh.

Pokemaster10000
February 26th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Yeah, that's how I would react also only a little different.

Kid:*gasps* You still like pokemon.
PM1000: Yeah, and what about it....
Kid: *shakes head then chuckles*
PM1000: *gives kid a defiant stare*
Kid: *starts running away*

BE PROUND OF WHAT YOU LIKE. ;)

Porygon
February 26th, 2004, 12:38 PM
It was nothing compared to all the times he tortured me before.... He and his friends took turns stepping on my head just because I liked pokemon!!! ._.;;
I'd probably get tortured for liking Pokmon the fact that I'm an imposing 6'4" doesn't mean anything when people know I'm weak

I guess people like us are just martyrs for the cause.

Kayleigh
February 26th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Anyone who would waste their time bothering someone about what they like is just immature. Who gives a care about what they think?! They're just ordinary people that are no better than you. =\ And most likely they have or secretly do still like Pokemon, or maybe even some weird show like BoohBah! (Okay, I'm going too far.) But the point is, be proud of the things that you like. Even if someone insults you, just ignore them. Trust me, I'm sure that they'll forget about it someday, and if they don't, they seriously need to get a life.

I wear my Pokemon shirts all the time, and if any of my friends or relatives come over, my Pokemon things won't be going anywhere. We like something to please ourselves, not anyone else.

Pokemaster10000
February 26th, 2004, 02:11 PM
We like something to please ourselves, not anyone else.

Wow, couldn't have said that better myself. :P

parallelzero
February 26th, 2004, 02:50 PM
well really, the main reason is i sorta have, an arch enemy as u may, who bugs me enough all ready, not like the snikering and stuff like that. the real deal, he calls me names i dare not mention and hits me for some unkown reason. this may make me sound like a wimp, even though im 2wice his size. he finds it enjoyable when i stand up to him. and him finding out i like pokemon is just another thing he can bug me about. (thankgoodness when i go to high school next year, hes goin to a different school!)

Pokemaster10000
February 26th, 2004, 02:59 PM
well really, the main reason is i sorta have, an arch enemy as u may, who bugs me enough all ready, not like the snikering and stuff like that. the real deal, he calls me names i dare not mention and hits me for some unkown reason. this may make me sound like a wimp, even though im 2wice his size. he finds it enjoyable when i stand up to him. and him finding out i like pokemon is just another thing he can bug me about.

Well, show that kid not to mess with you. I mean your twice his size right? :P

parallelzero
February 26th, 2004, 03:04 PM
id show him, but id rather not get in trouble... thats me a goodie two shoes!

Greed
February 26th, 2004, 03:38 PM
I don't care what people think.

My friends know I like Pokemon *just a little bit now* People tease me about it and I tell em to stick their foot in their mouth and suck on it O_o;;

That's a weird threat, huh? ^_^;;

*dies*

im1337
February 26th, 2004, 09:00 PM
i dont realy care that my friends know i like pokemon still i always joke about it and stuff just my mum that i am embarased about knowing i like it still =P

Phantom Angel
February 27th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Well, it doesn't matter.
I like Pokemon.
Pokemon hater? who care. =P
Unless they gimme some money or car...heheh XP

Moonlit_Angel
February 28th, 2004, 10:09 PM
I hide it at school. Of course, they would consider me a geek if they knew. Even if I played the games, they'd still laugh at me. Sensitive people. :tired:
I have a friend who used to like Pokemon, but she said it was getting boring. Of course, she usually does that, but gets into it again. She knows I like it, and doesn't make fun of me. She's a true friend. She excepts it. Gah, this reminds me. I haven't talked to my friend in over 3 months! What happened!? I think something musta happened to their phone..... or I dunno. :\
Y'know, Pokemon isn't for little kids. It's not a fad like Yu-Gi-Oh, or something like that. The Cartoon was made for a young audience, but the Trading Cards and Games and such are made for older people. You can't "Grow Out Of It." But still, I hide all evidence that I like Pokemon from the public. No signs. Really, I don't like to be pointed fingers at. I HATE that! :confused:

sdp
March 2nd, 2004, 04:02 PM
I remember i used to be ashamed of liking pokemon when i was in 7th and 8th grade, but once i got into high school i don't really give a **** what anyone thinks. I'm 18 now, actually most girls think it's "cute" so that's a plus, other people just think it's weird but it's not jr high anymore i don't get teased, and if i did i could probably find something A LOT worse than "he like spokemon lsolsololololo loliez!!111"

Don't be afraid.

Teara
March 2nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
Someone found out that I liked Pokemon a couple years ago and I was teased about it a little but mostly by the popular people that use others as ways to get attention. Teara stepd in and gave them a speech similar to Kayleigh's, since everyone always follows her they left me alone and I even managed to get a couple of them to like it themselves.

Imakuni?
March 3rd, 2004, 04:10 AM
only 3 kids in mah school knows...
here is m y situation
I?: What u gonna do about it?
Kid: *walks away*
I?: *runs and beats up kid*
Teacher: *gasp* what happened here?
I?: *looks innocent* I dont know I was just getting my books
Teacher: Better get the janitor to clean up this ketchup and crepe paper...
I?: yeah... ketchup and crepe paper...
**IMAKUNI? RUNS OFF**

Sankari
March 3rd, 2004, 11:34 AM
This is what happens to me...
kid: You like pokmon?
me: Yeah...
kid: In 6th grade?
me: yeah...
kid: snicker...

I hate that, but it doesn't bother me much. I actually feel proud.

jirachi_pt
March 3rd, 2004, 01:02 PM
exactly. I know, and all of my friends know, I'm a Pokemon/Anime geek, and I'm proud ov it! :D XD LOL
And ocassionally I still ware Pokemon t-shirts 2 school and when i'm really bored I draw Pokemon. ^_^

Imakuni?
March 3rd, 2004, 01:44 PM
well here is a true
I?: What u gonna do about it?
Kid: Arent you that idiot who walks throught the halls singing japanese songs about
pokemon?
I?:Yea, so wat bite me you stupid loozer i have betterm things to do than to talk to u
Kid: *walks away*
I?: *runs and beats up kid*
Teacher: *gasp* what happened here?
I?: *looks innocent* I dont know I was just getting my books
Teacher: Ketchup and Crepe Paper!? Ketchup and Crepe Paper Day isnt for like a week yet!
I?: yeah... ketchup and crepe paper... i wuz um... helping setup...
**IMAKUNI? RUNS OFF**

POKEMATT
March 3rd, 2004, 02:03 PM
how old are you? are you the oldest in your family?:\

Hex Maniac
March 3rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
This one time I was at the computer in my school and I wrote that I like pokemon. My friend decided to take a peek and she read it OUT LOUD for everyone to hear. That was pretty embarassing, being that mostly everyone else in my school hates pokemon (hiss!). Except it's cool because alot of the guys in my school play the pokemon games and then I have something to talk to them about! :D

Imakuni?
March 3rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
im between 10 and 20 somewhere...
i am an only chind... lol
i HATE POKEMON HATERS
those idiots should bite me.

Pluslechu
March 6th, 2004, 03:00 AM
i HATE POKEMON HATERS
those idiots should bite me.

Couldn't have said it better myself ^_^

bna_li
March 6th, 2004, 03:01 AM
I'm dont have any pokemon stuff to hide...:D

silverfrost
March 6th, 2004, 09:55 AM
exactly. I know, and all of my friends know, I'm a Pokemon/Anime geek, and I'm proud ov it! :D XD LOL
And ocassionally I still ware Pokemon t-shirts 2 school and when i'm really bored I draw Pokemon. ^_^

Heh, I admire your bravery. Most of my friends also know that I'm into pokemon/anime also, though. When they first found out, they didn't believe it... They think I'm too old for it or something? Bah, whatever... no one's too old for Pokemon. =P

Imakuni?
March 6th, 2004, 10:31 AM
i know and plusulechu i am glad you agree. BITE ME POKEMON HATERS!!!!

Porygon
March 8th, 2004, 11:22 AM
IMO, if they hate something as good as Pokmon, they can wallow in their own mistakes, as long as they don't bug me about it.

dqle
March 9th, 2004, 06:53 AM
True that!
I just simply love Pokmon! I openly express myself as a Pokmaniac! So what if I'm a little old, I just can't wait to have free time to start drawing comics! I've got plenty of good Ideas already!

Snivi
March 9th, 2004, 11:22 AM
No because frankly I like what I like and if someone has a problem they can kiss my katucas!!!!!

Dark_Absol
March 9th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Really, this happened. A lot of friends make this... but the other lot are pkmn fans! Like me! And remember: Kill the mudkips!

Sankari
March 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM
What the--?! Kill the Mudkips!?
Okay, now we're getting off subject...

Imakuni?
March 9th, 2004, 06:34 PM
what? kill the mudkips!? mudkip rules... BACK ON TOPIC ...

Muffin Man
March 11th, 2004, 09:41 AM
I dont really talk about pokemon with other friends, because just about everyone over here hates it. (Apart from a few 5 year olds, who dont know a thing about it, but like it anyway)
I dont mind people seeing me play the game, because the games are still ever so slightly popular around here. One of my friends is totally anti-pokemon, but once he saw i had pokemon sapphire version before it was to be sold in the UK (I get the american import from thatz entertainment) he insisted on playing it. He is probably the only friend that knows I still like pokemon...
If only pokemon was as popular as it used to be...

Kayleigh
March 11th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Here's what my situation would be:

Kid: You still like Pokemon?
Kayleigh: Yes.
Kid: But you're like, 15!
Kayleigh: What about it? *glares and taps foot on the floor expectantly*
Kid: I.. well, that's cool. *runs off*

Hah, I can just look at little boys angrily and they'll become nervous. It works with my brother, my cousin, and all of their friends. XD

Kairi
March 11th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I've always been proud to tote my Pokmon love with me. I used to put Pokmon stickers and keychains on my GBC to show I liked it, and bought all the Pokmon Game Boy units. I of course have a lot of clothing too, but most is too small for me now. ^_^;

Ice Master
March 11th, 2004, 03:39 PM
My Friends Like Pokemon But When People Are Mad At Me They Have To Make Fun Of Me (It Does Not Bother Me Just MAkes Me Mad I Dont Cry Just Try To Kill Them)

Cherrim
March 11th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I'm a Pokemon fan and proud of it. ;p In new situations, such as, well, starting high school, I'm always a little cautious of what I reveal about myself. However, within the first few days, I was proudly drawing Pokemon and general anime stuff in my classes. ^_^;; It's actually a pretty interesting way to meet new friends because, if you both like Pokemon, you've got something in common right off the bat. :3 Lol, I've even gotten about 3 different people back into Pokemon. X3

Besides, even when people bother me about liking Pokemon, I just say something along the lines of, "yeah, so?" It always catches them off guard because they think I'll get agitated or something. o.o;; They basically leave after that. XP

Kairi
March 11th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Didn't you meet someone from TPM that way? From drawing? ^_^;; I could have sworn there was a girl who you talked to who said she went to TPM...Hmm. ._.;

Imakuni?
March 11th, 2004, 06:08 PM
i got one of my friends into it and on a long school trip he was OBSESSED XD i have that affect onppl

TeamRocket
March 27th, 2004, 05:28 AM
You know, I couldn't care less about what my friends think about it, because it is my lifestyle and I choose that path. Even if they do make fun of it, i am not ashamed. Besides - i can blackmail half of my friends *g*

TeamRocket
March 30th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Plus if they diss pokemon in my face i will tell them to kiss my Iowa Caucass

Imakuni?
March 30th, 2004, 12:15 PM
i almost beat up a kid for talkin bad bout pokemon!

IceKitten
March 30th, 2004, 12:36 PM
*me playing the LG ROM*

Kid: Is that pokmon?
Me: Yea
Kid: Haha *shouts* he still likes Pokmon!*
Me *lying*: Nah, just the RPG part of it
Kid: What's RPG?

XD

Sankari
May 22nd, 2004, 11:17 AM
People step on your head just because you like pokemon!? I'd hate to be where you're from, Pluslechu. At least I still have ClappySeel...why in the world do people hate pokemon when they never even get into it? The show is sort of retarted, the movies are awesome, the cards are collectables...well, probably the best thing about pokemon is the spirit of it. I just like writing stories, drawing pictures, and writing poems of them. The games are good too.

pokey a.k.a espeon
May 22nd, 2004, 11:58 AM
Kids at my school know I like pokemon cause I say loud and proud.In fact I got alot of them to admitt they like pokemon. :P

Arcanine
May 22nd, 2004, 12:19 PM
This thread is almost two months old, please don't bring up threads that is over a month old.
*Closed*