PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Rukario is a legendary?

Neko
October 9th, 2005, 06:57 PM
The title says it all.

Admit it, they never really did say if Rukario was legendary or not. XD

And it was once owned by a trainer. X3

So I say I don't know. *dies*

Oh, and the poll is being made by Kylie-Chan X3 It will be up soon.

Kylie-chan
October 9th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I added the poll for ya :3

Natsuki
October 9th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Honestly, I have no idea. XD If I had to choose, then I'd say no. X3 Afterall, not all uberly powerful Pokemon have to be legendary. =P When the anime or manga or whatever talks about legendary Pokemon, it really means they appear in myths and legends -not that they're supposedly the strongest Pokemon out there or anything of that sort. X3

And since it was previously owned by a trainer, that kind of makes me think that it's not a legendary Pokemon. Wow, this is more confusing than I thought. XD

~Kelsey

charizard_maa
October 9th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Its a legendary becasue for one thing...why will they base an movie on a regluar pokemon? Unown was the only one that they base a movie on that wasn't a legendary but he is to important to the story line so Rukario is going to be a legendary, and one of the coolest while looking at it.

Kurono
October 9th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I don't entirely know...because it just might be another Pokemon like Unown. Not necessarily a legendary but it is ancient...I'm not sure though..its so confusing..XD

Shining Lericon
October 9th, 2005, 08:31 PM
I think Rukario is legendary just because it is featured with Mew in Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero. I have thought Rukario was legendary ever since I heard of Rukario.

Charaxes
October 10th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Huh.

I'll give this a stab. I'd say Rukario wouldn't be. With the Trainer shtick, for one thing. The anime has been very specific in that of no Legendary will be caught by someone. So given that, no.

Also. There is a very good chance that he would be an enabler. A rare but non Legendary Pokemon that would help with the plot/spotlight Pokemon but not as powerful as the main character. The Slowking in the second movie is the best example. Although they could pull a Serebii: ATE and have a Legendary (Suicune) do the enabler role.

Although being that Mew's return is the big thing of this movie, and I'm kinda sure about the Regis are in the movie, I think Rukario will be downplayed because he'll just be glossed over by Mew and the Regis anyway.

At least by Mew.

Hinoshi-chan
October 11th, 2005, 02:49 AM
I honestly think that he will be a legendary pokemon =D
Because in the movie , i belive it is stated that he is ^^ ( kim i do not know )
and the whole movie about him in all, i dont think they wouldnt design a movie about lucario that is a common wild pokemon, and it seems weird being able to find them in the wild....real weird.

And that it is a Steel fighting type pokemon, its uncommon to se one of these about.
But im not sure still, but i will say yeah
( he would be like the mewtwo, rayquazaa...and i cant remember what it was for Gold/Silver )

Dragonite Tamer
October 11th, 2005, 08:19 AM
I think it will be a Pokemon like sharpedo which isn't really that special but screenshots of it were released long before R/S came out

Charaxes
October 11th, 2005, 09:00 AM
( he would be like the mewtwo, rayquazaa...and i cant remember what it was for Gold/Silver )

Slowking. Although for the bad boy, be more Lugia given your examples.

It's more playing on the rarity but giving them an extra use to the story and playing on the fanboy treats. Like Dragonite in the first movie, it was a fanboy treat to see it since it's so rare in the series.

Rukario would be like Absol but less useless (Absol did...what in the sixth movie?). Definitely Slowking, in that, you don't see one so easily but can be useful, whereas a counterpoint in Absol and its own mythos describes it as just being there.

Yeah, an extra rarity but don't think much of it.

Mewtwoisabeast
October 11th, 2005, 09:28 AM
i dont think he will be a legendary because like some other sets pokemon were leaked to get people exited about the set(i.e. pika blue was thought to be a new pikachu and was actually marril) usually the legendary pokemon are not known until the set comes out.

Fury of Ninetales
October 11th, 2005, 05:09 PM
i think he/she/it won't be a legendary because he just doesn't look like a legendary. Also, how many people in the anime own legendaries? the last time i checked, there aren't any besides giovanni and mewtwo. some1 correct me if i'm wrong.

Zari
October 11th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Hm...truly a difficult question, no? So, I'm going to try and make a point that would place him as a non-legendary.

1. EVERY single Pokemon movie has had at least one Legendary in it (even the third...*cough*ENTEI*cough* (o.O;; I dearly hope this is right...)

2. Trainer. Other than Mewtwo, who was created, I don't believe that any other Pokemon has had an official owner. (Mewtwo was sorta owned by Giovanni, but more as an experiment than as a Pokemon.)

3. Pokehype. O.o Come on, man. They could be intentionally leading us down a wrong path. Releasing something like that amongst all the supposed Evos/Pre-Evos? Just itching to twist our minds.

Charaxes
October 12th, 2005, 08:59 AM
1. EVERY single Pokemon movie has had at least one Legendary in it (even the third...*cough*ENTEI*cough* (o.O;; I dearly hope this is right...)

2. Trainer. Other than Mewtwo, who was created, I don't believe that any other Pokemon has had an official owner. (Mewtwo was sorta owned by Giovanni, but more as an experiment than as a Pokemon.)

1. Very true but I feel the Unown are Legendary for they have a mysterious mythos (Mew), and power (Hidden Power is quite the powerhouse). It's just by itself, nothing, many of them, you saw the effect. And the Entei in the third movie was a construct based on the Unown and Mi's feelings of regret, so that doesn't count. So that logic, the Unown are Legendary given they can do all that in the movie.

2. Exactly, Mewtwo, although I feel Mewtwo more a weapon for Giovanni to play with but an experimental weapon if that helps your theory. But I do feel that Giovanni was Mewtwo's Trainer if anything.

Although you're right on hype. Absol had this type on the 6th movie and he had a minimal role, so chances are, they could do that but they're not usually so capricious, the hyped ones usually do have a use.

When it is released anyway? That's the better question. And then the spies can go to work.

viridian doubletongue
October 12th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I don't think Giovanni was Mewtwos trainer, more of an owner, because he seemed to do nothing to help it or train it, It just faught his battles for him.

I think Rukario is a legendary just because of the way he looks. & Mew or Mewtwo weren't legendarys because Mew was suposed to be newly discovered, few people had heard of it & it wasn't really Idolised. Mewtwo is almost the same.

The Fallen
October 12th, 2005, 03:46 PM
More then likely. They wouldn't just put some random pokemon with mew. In my opinion at least.

Neko
October 12th, 2005, 03:53 PM
>.O;; Then why was the Unknown in the third movie? They aren't legendary, seeing as you can always catch more then one and..well, they just don't seem to legendaryish if ya know what I mean. lol X3

kohei
October 12th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I don't think Rukario would be a legendary.

I think it would be more like an "ancient Pokemon", which I usually categorize with the Unowns and Regi's.

~tang~
October 13th, 2005, 01:04 AM
I hope Rukario ain't legendary... just cos it'll cheapen the experience of using such a cool idea for a mon if he is... or she (??)

Dee Trier
October 13th, 2005, 01:13 AM
i haven't seen it but almost in the movie there was a 1 or more legendaries
and if he isn't why he have the big role in the movie?

And unknown are legendaries if you see fr/lg pokedex

dragon 122
October 13th, 2005, 01:47 AM
i dont know he looks a lil bit like legendary
but on the otherside he looks a lil bit like a non legendary so i dont know

viridian doubletongue
October 13th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Just because Unown wasn't a legendary doesn't mean he wasn't crucial to the story
& a good plot device. & in the movie & the game you couldn't just catch unown you had to unlock his appearance in some way. Same as the legendarys.

.::Tsunami::.
October 15th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Honestly, I have no idea. XD If I had to choose, then I'd say no. X3 Afterall, not all uberly powerful Pokemon have to be legendary. =P When the anime or manga or whatever talks about legendary Pokemon, it really means they appear in myths and legends -not that they're supposedly the strongest Pokemon out there or anything of that sort. X3

And since it was previously owned by a trainer, that kind of makes me think that it's not a legendary Pokemon. Wow, this is more confusing than I thought. XD

~KelseyI never Thought bout that and never knew so maybe now i don't think rukurio is a legendary

StarZeo
October 18th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Yes, it is. If you check on serebii.net, its pokedex category is One Off's. The legendaries you have only one chance to catch are in there.

Fury of Ninetales
October 18th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Yes, it is. If you check on serebii.net, its pokedex category is One Off's. The legendaries you have only one chance to catch are in there.i don't agree with u on ur definition of one-off. one-offs are pokemon that u only get 1 chance 2 catch, not necessarily legendaries. sudowoodo (in G/S/C or emerald), if i'm correct, is a one-off even tho it's a legendary. most one-offs are legendaries tho but a select few aren't.

pikachu592
October 18th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Yes, because he looks just like a legendary.I mean, it does.It really looks like one I like it it is soooooo cool.

Samurai X
October 18th, 2005, 05:00 PM
I don't think he's a legendary because a trainer owned him before but he does look pretty cool and he's very strong and rare.

pikachu592
October 20th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I think so 'cause I know so I got to see my friend play it,but I don't know maby it was bonzly.

devilicious
October 20th, 2005, 01:43 PM
For me it is...
Meh, every Pokmon that gets a movie is either Legendary or uberzorz.

And if Rukario isn't legendary, it's a "one catch" at Diamond/Pearl.

Lie Ren
October 21st, 2005, 06:19 AM
Personality... I dont think he is....
Why?
Just because.

Luminous_Reaver
October 21st, 2005, 07:29 AM
OMFG! He could be like... a starter evolution!

Eon-Rider
October 21st, 2005, 07:37 AM
I don't know! *dies*

I haven't up to date with Pokemon lately.

Shadowburn
October 21st, 2005, 05:06 PM
he Is Definitely A Legendary.he Is The Wave Guiding Hero!

PichuSecretBase
October 22nd, 2005, 04:13 AM
They made a movie around Rukario. Of course he's a legendary.

METALX
October 23rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
I Think So Because In The Movie It Looks So Strong That Maybe It Has To Be A Legendary But If There Is Any Chance Diamond And Pearl Come Out Then You Will Know If It Is Or Not.

Infusco
October 24th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Its a legendary becasue for one thing...why will they base an movie on a regluar pokemon? Unown was the only one that they base a movie on that wasn't a legendary but he is to important to the story line so Rukario is going to be a legendary, and one of the coolest while looking at it.

Well, Unown was important to the movie too, you know. The whole movie was based on it afterall and Unown was the one who made the illusions in the first place. I'd say Unown is no less or more legendary than Rukario, so I voted for 'no'.

And heck, he has been owned by a trainer once, so he is NOT legendary.

Torchic_and_Pichu
November 16th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I think Rukario will be a Legendary Pokemon.

Charizard_Fire_God
November 17th, 2005, 05:14 AM
I believe so... I can't really tell ta which group of legendaries it belongs ta(trio(Arti,Zap,Mol), grand legendary(Mewtwo), unobtainable legendary(Mew)), tch, but I'm kinda thinkin' it's more of an unobtainable than a grand. o.o

RedGyarados
December 1st, 2005, 07:31 PM
Of course he is

Tsugaru
December 1st, 2005, 07:54 PM
um i dont think so....i mean he could be or he is just a rare pokemon that cant be found easly and one of a kind

Pete
December 3rd, 2005, 02:14 AM
I really don't know. What I do think is even if Rukario isn't legendary, it's one of a kind. No-other Rukarios in the world.

Lord Jacek
December 3rd, 2005, 06:49 AM
I'd think he's a legendary and I'd hope so too.

WidowMaker
December 4th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Hmm.. I think Rukario is a legendary. Why else would they be making a movie about him? All of the Pokemon movies involve legendarys, so yeah. I think he is a legendary.

Latias_Dream_Rider
December 4th, 2005, 05:39 PM
That's kinda a duh..........(no offense) like Fire Torchic said,he was having his own movie.
my friend, Trevor has PKMN XD and when ever you run into Rakario, he is super duper strong, and on this site called...............crud...i forgot..........anyway, it will tell you his moves,and all.
But he may seem a bit on the short side, but he is strong.
He will be on pearl & diomond i beleive,too.

Neko
December 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Um..No.

Sorry, but its not really a 'duh' as you say it is.

Actually, I didn't even know Rukario was in XD o__O

But, back on topic, here are some reasons that Rukario might NOT be legendary.

1) he was once owned by a trainer
2) not all Pokemon movies have to be based around all legendaries (like the third Pokemon movie with the unknown)
3) What if the movie was really supposed to be based on Myuu again and not Rukario?

So, yeah.

The most solid reason there is that he was once owned by a trianer. Also, it doesn't really matter how strong the Pokemon is o___O

Crazy Frogitist
December 4th, 2005, 09:58 PM
well yes its da star of the new movie (dont know wots called) im pretty sure its a legendary

nick-xx
December 7th, 2005, 02:21 AM
I never hear this pokemon before!

golden_gorebyss
December 9th, 2005, 08:36 AM
will sum1 plz talk 2 me
im new 2 da site

SBaby
December 24th, 2005, 12:11 PM
well yes its da star of the new movie (dont know wots called) im pretty sure its a legendary

Now, keep in mind how powerful MewTwo was. And he's not Legendary. He's genetic. And he was the star of the first movie. As far as Rukario goes, we probably won't really know until a game with him in it comes out (I've learned you can't count on the dub to be correct).

mew2_v1
December 28th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Well Rukario saves that crystal cave thingy, i think he is the legend

Torchic_and_Pichu
December 30th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Now, keep in mind how powerful MewTwo was. And he's not Legendary. He's genetic.
Um. Actually Mewtwo IS a legendarie.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
December 30th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Yeah, its probably a legendary Pokemon.

DarkThunder
December 30th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Um. Actually Mewtwo IS a legendarie.
For those of you who don't know which Pokemon are legendary...

Arcticuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew
Unown
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

Rukario I think it is a Legendary but I'm not putting it on this list for those of you who don't think it is a Legendary.

Tvan
December 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Well if you think about the pokemon on that list, Rukario seems pretty weak sauce. He's a cool pokemon, just not one that I would hope to be legendary.

Light_Azumarill
December 31st, 2005, 06:36 AM
Hm... I thought I posted here already... oh well!

The category of Legendary Pokemon is not such an easy thing to define. Other than them not being owned by a trainer (though we have seen one of them used in battle during the Battle Frontier), there's not much to define them.

They are supposed to be extremely powerful, but so can a Charizard if you train it enough. I don't think that power should be a criteria.

I think of legendary pokemon as pokemon that:

1. Revolve around a legend or legends. Uh, that should be a no-brainer.

2. Are hardly ever glimpsed by human eyes. Unless in extreme situations, or by trainers that are very VERY good.

3. Have some sort of connection to the planet. Mew, Ho-oh, Deoxys, etc, all have some connection to the way the planet works. Whether it be the origins of said planet, an element of the planet, the weather, etc. And I don't mean like the meek connection that all pokemon have, I mean something important, like a Snorunt can't just randomly start a huge blizzard that encompasses a mountain, and the planet won't start dying without it. It has to be a big connection.

So, um, Rukario is a pokemon that is owned by Aaron, but it's never said if he's rare or not. For all we know he could be quite common around the area, but is the only one that's been trained up a bit. Also, Rukario's role seems to be very similar to what Ash's roles usually are in the movies. He's there to save the Tree of Origin/Beginning and pretty much has the same role as Aaron and Ash. To me, that's not a legendary pokemon; that's a legendary hero. So, in conclusion, according to me, Rukario is not a legendary pokemon.

Though he is very cool and I did enjoy the movie. ^^;

Dragonfree
December 31st, 2005, 08:57 AM
A legendary is any Pokmon that is one-of-a-kind or not there at all in the games. Pretty simple definition.

Now, seeing as I haven't even seen the movie and Diamond and Pearl aren't out... =/ I wouldn't know if it's legendary, really.

Intuition
December 31st, 2005, 09:37 AM
I think it s a legendary, looking at the way it is introduced to us. It's first appearance is in a movie and it's the main Pokmon in the movie, tht's why I think it's a legendary.

www.avid.com
December 31st, 2005, 06:21 PM
I don't think so since it was not very significant in the movie.

P.S.The following piece of information maynot very relate to the topic.
But I don't know where to put it up but I want to tell it to you.

The producer apparently copied the idea from the renowned,classical horror masterpiece <TheShining> to create one of scenes of the ending which shown up twice. At the ending,there was a scene in which a painting hang on the wall changed with the newly-dead,focal pokemon(Rukario) of the movie appeared next to its owner(Aaron). The ending of <TheShining>:Before the credit came up,the family's father (a writer) who died in the winter "returned" in the family-picture-like century old photograph on the wall in the hotel where he went crazy and was stirred to murder by the ghost there. This scene became the icon of the movie because of its forgetfulness and special.

Black Ice
December 31st, 2005, 09:29 PM
I don't know if it's legendary, but you can't imagine Rukario pop out as a Wild Pokemon from some grassy area. The question shouldn't be if it's legendary, it should be if it's uber.

Dragonite Tamer
January 5th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I'm still pretty sure that Rukario isn't a legendary. It just doesn't seem strong enough.

Drummershuff
January 20th, 2006, 01:03 AM
If they didn't say he was a legendary he NOT! Its simple. (isn't it) Like they say to catch the three ledandary bird pokemon and that, they haven't said he was a ledgadary.

-Matt

Latias Tamer
January 20th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Of course he is...he appeared with mew in the AB intro. i think he is...

Kaishen
January 20th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I have read movie synopsises on Serebii.net, and i have to say that yes it is. I mean, would it be featured with mew if it wasnt?

Johto Boy
January 21st, 2006, 03:33 PM
Hmm, I think it's a legendary. IMO, it's the worst looking legendary yet. Come-on Nintendo, I know you can do better...

~BlackHeartedWolf~
January 21st, 2006, 06:39 PM
^ I personally think Rukario looks kinda cool...*Gets slapped*

Anyways, I'm not completely sure if Rukario is a legendary or not. For me, the decision has nothing to do with the fact that he once belonged to a trainer. The fact that a legendary pokemon was used in a frontier battle dispels assumptions that legendaries can't be caught, or at least tamed. To me, Rukario doesn't look much like a legendary at all, and even though he has Hadou powers and is very agile and skilled, he just....doesn't have that...."legendary" feel that other legendaries possess. Plus, I'm not sure if he is the only Rukario in existance, although it seems to be that way. But hey, you never know, there could always be other Rukario around.

So, overall, I'm not completely sure if he is a legendary or not.

MegaLightBlaze
January 21st, 2006, 07:10 PM
I am unsure, and all your posted oppion's bring up good points. But the card that I bring is this...
He's in a legend...

SBaby
January 21st, 2006, 08:16 PM
I am unsure, and all your posted oppion's bring up good points. But the card that I bring is this...
He's in a legend...

Ash is in a legend. Guess that makes him a legendary Pokemon too? (Pokemon The Movie 2000)

I think Rukario is Legendary, but I'm just waiting for the movie to know for sure. I'm pretty sure that there wouldn't be all this hype over him/her if he/she wasn't.

Neko
January 22nd, 2006, 04:27 AM
Wait, weren't Unknown in some sort of a legend too? -0-;; (Pokemon The Movie 2000) and they aren't legendary.

What I'm thinking is that he's not legenday, but he's a one-shot Pokemon instead (y'know the Pokemon you can only get one shot at catching them like Suudowoodo)

QFred
January 22nd, 2006, 08:12 AM
I believe that Lucario/Rukario is a Legendary because the movie sorta focus on the fact the it/he wasn't owned by Aaron, but was more like a long friendship that made Lucario stay with Aaron.

Also, the movie focus almost totally on the fact that Lucario, with the help of Ash, will save Mew and the Tree of Origin.

This is my theory, so...

MegaLightBlaze
January 22nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
The unknown weren't in a legend, or even that movie.
But yeah, if he isn't a legendary, he's a one-shot. But I think he's a legendary. He awsomness rates right around the Mewtwo/Deoxies level.

~BlackHeartedWolf~
January 22nd, 2006, 10:09 AM
I believe that Lucario/Rukario is a Legendary because the movie sorta focus on the fact the it/he wasn't owned by Aaron, but was more like a long friendship that made Lucario stay with Aaron.

The way Rukario addresses Aaron seems to suggest that he was owned by Aaron. He called Aaron, "Aaron-sama" or "Master Aaron." Now, if you had a freindship with someone and wanted to stay with them, you wouldn't address them as "Master," wouldn't you? No, you would just refer to them by their first name, which, in Japanese would have a suffix of either "-chan," or "-kun." (Correct me if I'm wrong that). If you call someone "Master" you are basically implying that they own you, and you are a kind of servant to them. Rukario never once called Aaron by just his first name, he always used, "Aaron-sama." Which implies that he in fact belonged to Aaron and didn't just "stay" with him because he built a freindship with him. That's just my opinion though ^^;;;

MegaLightBlaze
January 23rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
Either way, Nintendo could be trying to change the legendary patern. They are the kings of innovation, so maybe they want to get out of their own same style in the case of the Legendary. Ya never know!

Neko
January 23rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MegaLightBlaze
The unknown weren't in a legend, or even that movie.

Sorry I made a mistake XD I meant to say Pokemon the third movie. Also, I always thought they were in a legend >.> Guess I was wrong. I don't know actually, because I haven't watched it in a while anyways...

ultimate_pikachu
January 26th, 2006, 04:22 PM
i think that it kinda looks like a raichu