PDA

View Full Version : singing rodents in the Quiznos ad!

Imakuni?
February 26th, 2004, 04:18 AM
what are theses THINGS!
i wanna know your opinion on this!
http://img.slate.msn.com/media/1/123125/2065969/2093775/2094751/2095935/040223_quiznos.jpg
these things were called "spondgemonkeys"
on http://slate.msn.com/id/2095868/
who knows...

Shadow
February 26th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Those things scare me....

Ryoutarou
February 26th, 2004, 08:41 AM
there supposed to be chinchila's

John Denver
February 26th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Apparently, quizno's doesn't know jack CRAP about advertising, it look like a 3 year old made it...sheesh

this belongs in other entertainment...

~MOVED ya!

Sayuri no Hoshi
February 26th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Those things frighten me, lol. Ever since I saw it for the first time, I was like..."That is the most ugliest looking thing..." Their voices sound like they're possessed...O_o;;

orange*berry
February 26th, 2004, 12:18 PM
o_o()()()()()
Makes me glad I don't watch TV. n.n()

Looks like a pair of frightning hamsters too me. x.x

Imakuni?
February 26th, 2004, 01:59 PM
i think someone killed two rats and fused them with evil furbys
CREEPY BOO YA!

Pluslechu
February 26th, 2004, 10:22 PM
I think they are freaky too....I thought something was wrong with my TV when I first saw that commercial....This looks like a mystery to be solved by Detective Pluslechu...uh...Ketchum! *adjusts hat that randomly came out of nowhere* ...uh...so yeah. ^^;;

orange*berry
February 26th, 2004, 10:36 PM
i think someone killed two rats and fused them with evil furbys
CREEPY BOO YA!

Oh my god!! They do look like Furbies!! *faints*
Anyone want to bet I'll have a nightmare about them tonite? x.x

MoonLight
February 26th, 2004, 10:43 PM
oh my not these things again XD I seen these things before cuz i was sent this
*Note very freaky*
http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

Imakuni?
February 27th, 2004, 03:49 AM
i think that is where i was that... nm
*likes to copy off Dakota
Sneaky Creepy Furby BOO YA!

Pluslechu
February 27th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Oh my gosh! the one singing is shaped just like a picture of a mouse that I saw in a Discover Magazine! (the mouse was born with some fruit fly cells and it was very oddly shaped) Eeeeew... *pushes dinner away* Wait...I already had dinner... *looks at random plate* Another mystery! *runs off*

Imakuni?
February 27th, 2004, 06:39 PM
i wonder if that is what they are serving *looks at my sub* eewy *continues to eat*
Yummy! it is a mysrtery what they serve *scarfs down sub* i wonder.... *captures flyrat thingy* feeds it to loyal pet cat. MEOOOOWW! *translation: thats good thingy*

Greed
February 27th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Oh GAWD.. I hate those little frigging rats.. >___<; Makes me wanna kill gerbils and rats @@;; And have you looked at their teeth?!?! They should really go to a frigging dentist =$

Flaming Torchic
February 27th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Wow, they have the talent of a child xD If I learnt how to do that stuff, I could make a better advertisement, even on low budget. :p

jirachi_pt
February 27th, 2004, 10:02 PM
They're awsome. You cammunicate with them through talking in an annoying high voice and telapathy. There's a whole civilazation of them living in my back yard. I've even made friends with a few. Here gerbi...*Thing comes, I give it a cardboard box to eat and it almost nips my finger as it gobbles up the last bite while singing "WE LOVE DE SUBS!"* :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oni flygon
February 27th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Those things... are just... FREAKISH mutated animals that scared the heck out of me when I saw them....

O.o

Flaming Torchic
February 27th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Those things... are just... FREAKISH mutated animals that scared the heck out of me when I saw them....

O.o

Yeah man, when I first saw it I had trouble believing that it was from an actual Quiznos commercial. o_O xD

oni flygon
February 27th, 2004, 10:41 PM
And they were suppose to make you hungry... O.O ... lol XD

bna_li
February 27th, 2004, 10:46 PM
I second that. Doesn't freak me out, but it is freaky. If whatever I just said doesn't make sense, sorry... HYPER!!!

Moonlit_Angel
February 29th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Those are some freaky little dudes ya got there. I am terrified of them, they look even worse moving! And like oni flygon said, those things are supposed to make you hungry? They make me puke! :tired: Their eyeballs are very strange indeed..... I think I'm gonna have nightmares..... :paranoid:

Pluslechu
February 29th, 2004, 08:38 PM
*pokes mutated girbil thing* Fuzzy! *finger gets bit off* owee ;_; Those things' teeth freak me out.... 'We got a pepper bARrr...'

Rifted
March 1st, 2004, 07:07 AM
When I first saw the commerical, I would have thought that it was extremely funny, if I hadn't seen the "moon song" already long before. Now, I thought the moon song was funny. =P

All my friends at school are all over it as being the funniest thing that hit the earth.

Oh yeah, does anybody remember those singing kittens on VH1? Those were made by the same guy (Joel Veitch of RatherGood.com). And yes, they're just as weird. xD

Imakuni?
March 1st, 2004, 03:30 PM
Omg! i saw those kittens! does anyone know where i can download that!? i liked it soo much i started singing that song for no reason at all! Hey Ho Lets Go!

John Denver
March 2nd, 2004, 09:00 AM
why did quizno's do that anyway, it's soo annoying....I don't care about the offer if the stupid comerical is so awful...it's almost as bad as the Stupdi SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE commercials...

clean is better than BOO ya!

Rated R Superstar
March 2nd, 2004, 02:44 PM
Ahem. My name is Smitly and i will be filling in for LatiosMaster due to his....er...illness called Quiznos Meets FreakyRats. Here is a statement he said. "T...They scare me.....I HATE THE MOON!!!....AND I"M NEVER EATING AT QUIZNOS AGAIN!!!! NEVER!!!!!" Please,if you know some one or have it your self,please call the Animal Police near you with their warrent.* warrent:Two freaky rat things that scare the mess out of people,if you see these two freaks,never go to Quiznos again and call the Animal police."*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
But they are kind of funny,really when they sing and how they look! XD,i'm still never going to Quizno's again thou.

Imakuni?
March 2nd, 2004, 06:12 PM
lol they were kind of disturbing. i liked it tho. dont diss da dirigirbles/hamster/chinchillas...
=3

Cassie-chan
March 11th, 2004, 10:42 PM
I know what they are! something i don't want near my sandwich! *walks off, feeling proud that i figered it out*

Rifted
March 11th, 2004, 11:24 PM
lol they were kind of disturbing. i liked it tho. dont diss da dirigirbles/hamster/chinchillas...
=3

Dirigibles are airships. o.o

Still, I've got the "WE LIKE THE MOOON!" song stuck in my head. I think I'll memorize it by the end of the month. x]

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm kinda upset that they mispelled "spongmonkey" in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly. They're spongmonkeys, not spongemonkeys! xD

Timbjerr
March 18th, 2004, 08:36 AM
ok...I'm the one who gave that link to rathergood.com to yamichu

I had seen the Moon song like months before Quiznos used it. One of my friends, stereotyping me as a pokfan, sent it to me saying that the one singing resembles a Pikachu. I showed it to my brother who got the idea to show them to everyone we know. He scared the crap out of a lot of people that way. When I was doing homework in the den one day and I heard the song come on, I thought my brother was playing it on my dad's laptop again, but when the commercial was over, I was like, "wait a minute, they did a different song, and I think it was coming from the TV!" Nowadays, whenever someone brings up the spongemonkeys and I'm near a computer, I immediately pull up Rathergood.com and show them the original song.

Kairi
March 18th, 2004, 02:01 PM
It's quite amazing Quizno's made a gamble on internet culture for their ad, I think. ^_^;

YAS1
March 19th, 2004, 06:36 PM
ahem................................................

Kairi
March 19th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Oh, this is barely over a month old. It doesn't have to be right on the mark though, and I don't think we needed a new topic on it. =\

Pluslechu
March 29th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Old topic, yeee!!! ^_^;; I liked those odd lil' rat things. Peh. I never solved the mystery of what they were...I just found out that girlgenius doesn't want them near her sandwich...and are apperently monkeys made of sponge XD (I put XD on my posts alot, don't I? =/)

Cassie-chan
March 29th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Old topic, yeee!!! ^_^;; I liked those odd lil' rat things. Peh. I never solved the mystery of what they were...I just found out that girlgenius doesn't want them near her sandwich...and are apperently monkeys made of sponge XD (I put XD on my posts alot, don't I? =/)
Well, when I saw them, they scared the heck out of me! I had bad dreams about them...

jirachi_trainer
March 29th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Well, when I saw them, they scared the heck out of me! I had bad dreams about them...
there not that scary... creepy, funny, but not scary.

Moonlit_Angel
March 30th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Actually, they are. They creep the heck outta me! Still do! Who wants to see a rodent with huge, deformed blue eyes string it out on a banjo, while bouncing up and down in an awkward way? I sure don't. His eyes are the most disturbing..... :confused:

bna_li
March 30th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Hooo, they're are mice meat... reminds me of the Sylvester Stallone show... where he gets frozen, and he eats the barbequed mice meat...:D

ash_misty4ever
April 11th, 2004, 05:49 PM
SPONGEMONKIES!!!! OMG I am in love with them!!!:paranoid: Howcome no one else loves them??? I think they're hilarious.