PDA

View Full Version : Game vs. Anime vs. Manga

Jeremy
October 14th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Well sweeties, I had NO idea where to put this, so it seems to fit here. XD So which do you recognize Pokmon for? The games, the anime, or, the manga, sweeties? =3
For me personally, sweeties, I recognize Pokmon for their games. ^0^
Ever since I started playing them, I was HOOKED! XD They were addictive, and they were extremely fun.

Well, sweeties, how about you? =3

Alter Ego
October 14th, 2005, 01:43 PM
The games definitely. The anime has its charm but it's rapidly getting boring and repetitive and the manga I haven't had much experience with. But the games...now there's another story. I've always liked the pokmon games because of the sheer variety you get in team selection (Something which appeals to my sticklerish little mind for some reason) not to mention all of the nifty added features (Contests, battle frontier etc.) in the later generation games, the games I liked even during the period when I wasn't into anything else that concerned pokmon. Heck, it was because of the games that I even bothered to get to know pokmon more which was what lead me to the PC.

Yup, teh gamez pwn! XD

MalafeX
October 14th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I like the games thats why i like pokemon, i don't like the anime and the manga that much.

Charon
October 14th, 2005, 02:26 PM
The manga's lovely, but I can't get it where I live. So I guess I like the games

Charaxes
October 14th, 2005, 02:36 PM
In the long run, I have to say the games. They're so inventive and innovative and improved the RPG genre so much. Although their best was G/S, as that was real magic in the making, R/B/Y was brilliance and a spark of the underground and quite the prelude.

R/S/E, it's good but feels old hat. Nothing of the amazement of the past fare.

Manga: Ono's manga aside, I'd say Special because it was so mature while playing with the juvenile parameters but Viz cancelled it, so I can't say that...blast it.

The anime is a nice conversion from the games and giving more dimension to the two dimensional games but it will definitely get noticed for sheer length as one of Japan's long running animes and letting fans run their creativity.

So I'd say the games because of their well rounded ness and they always give something back and something more.

gilbertman
October 14th, 2005, 02:42 PM
is there an option of all 3? i see all 3 of them playing important rolls, but what i usually use for refences is the anime, it may not be the BEST nime out there i associate that the most with pokemon

Hinoshi-chan
October 14th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I prefer it for the games, caus the anime is just bad now, and the mangas I hardly get to read, but im not voting for any of those XD

Fls4eva
October 14th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I love the manga sooo much.. I guess the manga should pwn instead..XD The characters in the manga looks so much cuter and better then in the anime.. And they're also much stronger than they are in the game.. Their storyline and plots are also much, much better than the anime.. So in terms of everything.. I LOVE THE MANGA MORE!!!!!! Phwee.. the manga pwnz! I don't mind the game too.. Apparently I used loved the game more and went so crazy to memorize the National Pokedex in order.. Until one of the volumes of the manga actually made meh realize how interesting it is...

Natsuki
October 14th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Well, when I think of Pokemon, I think of the anime. ^^; It was the first Pokemon oriented thing I had seen, so I guess that could be why. XD Although now I only really enjoy the first season of Pokemon...after that everything is just too repetitive and it doesn't keep my attention for very long. XD

~Kelsey

Pretty Boy Sean
October 14th, 2005, 03:43 PM
The games. I stopped watching the anime about 5 or 6 years ago and never bothered to read the manga.

Utter Disaster
October 14th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Definetly the games. One of the best video games I've played.

.::Tsunami::.
October 14th, 2005, 03:48 PM
For Sure I Choose The anime THey Are The Best Man

jc_rcw
October 14th, 2005, 04:58 PM
JEREMY IS CUTE, lol the games because the just seem more real, to me.

Himawarii
October 14th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I can't decide between the games or the manga,but I chose the manga because ....tck I'm not going there,sweetie.

Neko64
October 14th, 2005, 05:50 PM
I say the manga. The Anime is just pointless (well, i'm talking about the new ones) and the games..are awsome but I seem to lose interest with them in like, less then a day, when theres something I can't get past in it. =/

Plus the Manga pwns all <3<3 Especially Ono's *dies* X3

Cookie luvs Green
October 14th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Even though I played the games first and later the anime and recently the manga, I started recognizing them more for the manga. (And sometimes the games) I love the manga 8D Gah! They made the rival so hawt and fine and *shuts up* |3;;
The plot is very interesting in the manga too ^^ Better then the anime in my opinion X3;; I also like the games, but I still like the manga a bit more x3;

The manga I'm implying here is the Pokespecial one ^^

nicoleb
October 14th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I actually like Pokemon for the Jeremy is cute. XDDD

The games, I love. All of them. (Well, the RPGs and battle games (Pokemon Stadium 1 (JP), 2, and 3.) Next is the Manga. Pokespecial. (I also like PiPiPi Adventure.)

The Anime (JAPANESE VERSION, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOT THE DUB!!!) is okay. The first series was amazing. The specials and movies are all great, as well. I think that the writers were stoned when they wrote the Johto Arc. The Hoenn is... Okay.

I do find, however, that the Anime goes far too slowly. While the Manga goes way too fast. The only thing that goes at the right pace is the games, really.

Datriot
October 15th, 2005, 12:16 AM
The games, I actually got into the games after I watched the Anime.(after about the first 10 eps I bought Pokemon Red straight away) The anime is alright, the pokemon manga, never read that, the games have the most lasting value and fun in my opinion.

Eon-Rider
October 15th, 2005, 12:21 AM
The game. I've only been interested in the game. The TV show was OK and I never read and pokemon manga.

kohei
October 15th, 2005, 01:06 AM
The game, even though I like the manga more.

This is 'cuz I usually read the manga through like only 5 times, but for the game, I can play it for a loong time.

_Huggle_Bunny_
October 15th, 2005, 01:19 AM
The games are the best.....

anime is ok...

Manga----probly sux....never seeen them....

THIRTY-SIX
October 15th, 2005, 01:32 AM
i know pokemon for the anime/ cartoon seeing as us version doesnt seem to be an anime, then games. didnt know there was a manga before O.o but there obviously had to be, but i voted jeremy is cute <3 (i know your a guy XD)

October 15th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Yeah Poke-Munna anime is the way to go i'm glad you like anime

Fury of Ninetales
October 15th, 2005, 05:54 AM
i hafta say that i recognize pkmn as a game cuz i heard about the games first. i've watched the anime almost since it came out. i didn't find out about the manga until this year. in japan, people could recognize pkmn 4 the manga or anime but in the US, the games make pokemon popular.

Charaxes
October 15th, 2005, 09:57 AM
I do find, however, that the Anime goes far too slowly. While the Manga goes way too fast. The only thing that goes at the right pace is the games, really.

That's an excellent point. The anime takes forever to make its point and even if it makes the canon conversion, they cram it so much just to get it out of the way for more fillers. It's quite annoying.

I think the dub is just fine although some edits, I question the sanity of man for them.

And the manga's, Ono really breezed by and Special takes more time but it builds up to its burden rather fast and then it ends. It's interesting, but a little annoying.

The game no doubt is timeless because you control the timing, rather than someone's poor pacing about it and it seems reasonable, although the hints to unrevel the mysteries are a little vague (like the directions to the cave where you need the Wailord and Relicanth to unlock the Regis) and you need more a game guide for it than you figure it out for yourself.

Beyond that, the games' pacing is just another reason why it will be Tajiri and Sugamori's true legacy for the world.

Jordan
October 15th, 2005, 10:22 AM
The games of course.
OT: I can't belive some voted for " Jeremy is cute " XD.

Charaxes
October 15th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Of course it would help me with the poll if I knew who this Jeremy is, wouldn't it?

Yep. Dies.

October 15th, 2005, 05:41 PM
But I Still Like The Anime It's Heaps Cool

~tang~
October 16th, 2005, 09:31 PM
The anime was always repetitive... I could only hear "looks like team rocket's blasting off again!" so many times, before I killed something.

Never read the manga.

TEH GAMES OWN!!!!!

Kenta-kun
October 16th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Games, hands-down. It's pretty much the reason I LIKE Pokmon. Although I will admit that Colosseum was a bit of a disappointment.

Ibuberu
October 17th, 2005, 01:15 AM
I'd say Manga.
The storyline and plot is fairly better than the Anime,which always repeats in the following manner.
Ash challenges Gym Leader-Wins
-Loses,rematches and gets badge.

You can always see the outcome.

Peh..but its my prospective,so I'll go with whatever floats on the boats of the rest of you.

October 17th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Ok Why Would I choose Jeremy Is Cute Cause Jeremys A Boy Dudes i actully Used to think he was a girl

Recknin
October 17th, 2005, 08:43 AM
the manga is ok but the games r the reason i joined this forrum

eliteblue17
October 17th, 2005, 10:12 AM
how do you get a scizor i have a level 68 scyther

Kenta-kun
October 17th, 2005, 10:27 AM
how do you get a scizor i have a level 68 scyther

Give your Scyther a Metal Coat to hold, and then trade it. It'll evolve after the trade is complete.

Rhykasho
October 17th, 2005, 10:31 AM
I like the games more then the other the manga and anime :\
Im really not keen on the anime now o.o

saint jimmmey
October 17th, 2005, 10:33 AM
the games started it and the games will finish it.
the games are the best handhelled games EVER!!
although most people recognise pokemon for the anime we've all got to remember that the games started it off!