• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Don Bluth film?

What is your favourite Don Bluth animated feature?

• Total voters
Years
Wow, tough choice.

I think of the lot, my favorite is "All Dogs Go to Heaven". The 30's landscape was unique for the get rich quick scheme characterization of Charlie initially but the real treat was the introduction and usage of Anne Marie as one of superego but not overboard (not to mention her adorability is strong but not enough to turn off), in short, real ego and through her, we actually see a tale of redemption, both literally with Charlie's death and figuratively with his characterization.

And the sheer brutality (Carface ready to kill his main henchman for his failures and King Gator's...consumption of Carface) was unsurpassed in such fare before. Including Carface's harsh treatment of Anne Marie and the empathy rushes your blood as the indignation rages on and gratification as Carface got exactly what he deserved.

And did I mention Anne Marie's design is one of the best I've seen in years?

Yeah, so that's my favorite.

But special mentions with Rock-a-Doodle for their take on the Las Vegas culture and psychedelic imageny and making quite the impression in my youth and Titan AE for showing absurdity with sci fi soap opera as well as being the end of the road for Bluth.

I rather miss Bluth now, given Disney's decline in quality throughout the end of the decade and now, we need him more than ever. Sighs.

Back