Features:
~Multiplayer
~Takes place in Niko
~Choose what you want to be
~Pick Age and Gender
~Graphics similar to Pokemon Stadium 2
~You are able to visit other regions

-------------------------------------------------
I dont know wether this information is true but the closest info i have found yet...... Hope this enlightens people currently, on serebiiforums.com i have not been able to post this info due to login problems.But more news as i find it..... the same info is for pearl :

Features:
~Multiplayer
~Takes place in Niko
~Pick Age and Gender
-----------------------------------------------------------
hope this info helps.....also:
2006 will be a good year for fans of Nintendo's Pokemon series. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will be released simultaneously for the Nintendo DS next year in Japan, reports the latest issue of Comic Korokoro. A third game, named Pokemon Ranger, is also slated for release in 2006, although no specific details--including its platform--have been disclosed yet. Pokemon Ranger will have connections to next year's Pokemon movie, as well as the TV anime series.

Comic Korokoro disclosed some first details on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, which is currently in development by Pokemon Company and Game Freaks. The game will once again be supervised by series producer and Pokemon Company president Tsunekazu Ishihara and directed by Game Freaks' Junichi Masuda. Also handling the graphics is series art designer Ken Sugimori.

According to Masuda, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will take place in a new land, although it will feature pocket monsters from previous games. Sugimori comments that the game's developers are currently thinking about the all-new Pokemon that will appear in the two games, and they're also trying to come up with the designs of currently existing Pokemon in their evolved and pre-evolved states. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl won't have any additional monster types (currently there are 17), although there will be additional pocket monsters that are combinations of two monster types. The Pokemon from movies will be in the game as well, and they're said to make their entrances in surprising ways.

Masuda revealed that they usually work on the beginning of the game at the end of the project. He pointed out that the openings for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire for the Game Boy Advance were redone many times, and the number of selectable pocket monsters at the beginning of the game kept changing.

Both Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will have connectivity to the Pokemon series for the GBA and GameCube, and users will be able to port their pocket monsters from previous installments to the DS. Masuda also commented that he expects the games to use the DS's Wi-Fi capabilities to connect simultaneously with 16 players and that the touch-sensitive screen will be employed during gameplay. <----- gamespot.com

EmeraldSky
October 19th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Um, and where did Neoseeker get this info?

Demon_Slayer
October 19th, 2005, 03:25 PM
unfortunately , it does not say but they say the game will let you join sides of team aqua,magma,or rocket and even lets you start a store and it says the gym leaders and opponets are other players.....But i dont think that it is true... . a pokemon game(s) would less likely go like that more info as i get it or when i get it

jc_rcw
October 19th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Wow that looks awesome I hope its true, and if you pick an age, then can you grow up???,, I hope its true.

Stephen,Pokemon Master
October 19th, 2005, 03:34 PM
This is too good to be true.

Hinoshi-chan
October 19th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Nice information! that is a good thing TO know,I honeslty cant wait , this seems like it is going to be a good game
thanks

but were is the night and day system, were is it Y-T

thank you so much for this
i Cant wait for it!

Xx_whiterose_xX
October 19th, 2005, 03:40 PM
cool it would be even better if you chould choose what your person looks like well cannt wait for it to come out.

Demon_Slayer
October 19th, 2005, 04:41 PM
well you all are welcome I to, hope it is true i'll put up some more info from neoseeker soon...Glad i could make people happy....

ok here is their information....

Pearl:

Pokmon Diamond and Pearl represent the next generation of Pokmon, with all-new Pokmon. The multiplayer features allow for co-op and competitive play with friends; gym leaders and opposing trainers are actually other players! You can choose to be the world's best breeder, be a Pokmon master, join a team (such a Team Rocket, Magma or Aqua), be a gym leader, or open a shop or hotel. The real-time clock returns to affect the game world.

Diamond:

Pokmon Diamond and Pearl represent the next generation of Pokmon, with all-new Pokmon. The multiplayer features allow for co-op and competitive play with friends; gym leaders and opposing trainers are actually other players! You can choose to be the world's best breeder, be a Pokmon master, join a team (such a Team Rocket, Magma or Aqua), be a gym leader, or open a shop or hotel. The real-time clock returns to affect the game world. Information found at Neoseeker.com in the DS section

jc_rcw
October 19th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Awesome real time clock and different jobs, this is a breakthrough in gaming *gets all kinds of crazy ideas*

Demon_Slayer
October 19th, 2005, 04:50 PM
heh i too cant wait to open a gym or even start a shop imagine the possibilities......

jc_rcw
October 19th, 2005, 04:52 PM
You could do anything you want, it reminds me of Fable cuz you can even choose to be good or to work for an evil organization.

Demon_Slayer
October 19th, 2005, 04:59 PM
yeah......Well curtainly i am buying myself a copy I might even import it from japan, seeing i am so excited....so what if i have to translate what they are saying. It will be a good game for sure.... and if you do age that means birthdays, and all that stuff i hope they release more news like new pokemon and such because iwant to know what new pokemon there will be....

jc_rcw
October 19th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I think I might wait a little more for the English one but I don't know :P

prolific_rhapsody
October 19th, 2005, 05:42 PM
This is AWESOME! Secretly, I have always wanted a 3D portable Pokemon game, and I CAN'T WAIT!

But, heh, I can wait for it to be translated into english. That, in my opinion, would suck the fun out of playing the game. Keep us up to date!

Demon_Slayer
October 19th, 2005, 07:55 PM
oh i'll try right now i just discovered re4 again and i am playing it alot that is why i am not on as oftenbut anyways if i find more news i'll post it....

MegaFlare
October 19th, 2005, 08:01 PM
well the nnext pokemon games will be awsome but its sad there on the DS (im not geting one since it sucks... GO PSP) and i wish they would be for the GBA

Demon_Slayer
October 19th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Bad news people this "news" might end up being rumors I posted this on serebiiforums and it seems that a poster with flare in his/her name says these are rumors I, myself am very mad at the fact that neoseeker is using rumors to "enlighten" people. This is very upsetting i thought i hit the jackpot but unfortunately if this is in fact just a bunch of rumors than neoseeker ought to stop passing these rumors around. Neoseeker has false news and does not have anything truthful there except for guides, forums, and cheats.. Sorry but it isnt really my fault that neoseeker lied....Keep this thread open and when i find new "true" info on diamond and pearl i will post it here.... this is very upsetting.

Kylie-chan
October 19th, 2005, 09:30 PM
You don't know the person knows it's a rumour, but it's highly likely =/

kohei
October 20th, 2005, 02:42 AM
It sounds like a rumor to me... being Japanese, I see that the features in the rumored DP seems to appeal more to a Western audience...
I assume most Japanese kids would like a Pokemon game more like its predecessors, and nothing flashing new.

Btw, Pokemon Ranger is going to be released for DS: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/ranger.html

Demon_Slayer
October 20th, 2005, 08:41 AM
if these are in fact rumours then I am seriously sorry

Crystal Clair
October 20th, 2005, 10:47 AM
At first I believed that there would be a Niko region but when I saw the "join the evil teams" thing, I went skeptic. Seriously, you've gotta really realize that this is Nintendo and Pokemon and that the chances of something like this are pretty low and farfetched.
If it turns out to be true then this will be one weird-arse game.

Johto Boy
October 20th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Ok, when I first read then information, I thought it was fake. Mostly because ign didn't say anything about it, and second because it just didn't sound right. A Pokemon game where you get to pick your age and set up your own shop and do whatever you want to do? Doesn't sound real. However, I love the part where you can play with your friends in the same world. I hope Nintendo puts something like in the real D/P.

Samurai X
October 20th, 2005, 09:28 PM
news from neoseeker.com:
Features:
~Multiplayer
~Takes place in Niko
~Pick Age and Gender

-------------------------------------------------
I dont know wether this information is true but the closest info i have found yet...... Hope this enlightens people currently, on serebiiforums.com i have not been able to post this info due to login problems.But more news as i find it..... the same info is for pearl :

Features:
~Multiplayer
~Takes place in Niko
~Pick Age and Gender
-----------------------------------------------------------
hope this info helps.....also:
<----- gamespot.com
This first details you posted are true and confirmed by IGN.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/632/632757p1.html

I do not know about the region it takes place in but everything else has been confirmed a pretty long time ago.

I also don't know if your 2nd post is true or just rumors.

On the idea: That would be pretty cool if 15 other people are in the same world during wi-fi and you have to look for them to battle or even team battle. I hope that part turns out to be true.

RaichuMAN2000
October 21st, 2005, 04:37 AM
Hello everyone. From IGN, I have gotten a good update
1. Will arrive in Japan this NOVEMBER!!!
2. Wi-Fi compatiblity
3. Will be coming out in the U.S. in late Feb or early March 06.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the link for all the information: http://ds.ign.com/articles/632/632757p1.html

THIRTY-SIX
October 21st, 2005, 04:52 AM
err thats great news next year woohooo
aand its coming out in 06 in japan too >.>

Pokemon Pearl & Diamond would be seeing Japanese DS release in 2006 instead of 2005.

Johto Boy
October 21st, 2005, 05:22 AM
Hello everyone. From IGN, I have gotten a good update
1. Will arrive in Japan this NOVEMBER!!!
2. Wi-Fi compatiblity
3. Will be coming out in the U.S. in late Feb or early March 06.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the link for all the information: http://ds.ign.com/articles/632/632757p1.html

Ok... and where in that link did you find that info? It said nothing about when it is coming out except in 2006 in Japan. Nothing about a US realease. Yes it is wireless compatible for 16 people, but that's all. And, if you look at the date, it's July 11, 2005. I already knew that months ago.

RaichuMAN2000
October 21st, 2005, 06:52 AM
Ok... and where in that link did you find that info? It said nothing about when it is coming out except in 2006 in Japan. Nothing about a US realease. Yes it is wireless compatible for 16 people, but that's all. And, if you look at the date, it's July 11, 2005. I already knew that months ago.
Sorry. Some of that information came from another website that I can't remember. And yes, it is coming out in the US in late Feb , early March.

kohei
October 22nd, 2005, 04:08 AM
I think you muddled up the release date with Mysterious Dungeon.

RaichuMAN2000
October 22nd, 2005, 05:15 AM
No, I could swear on either IGN or some other website. I'll check. Oh, and I heard a rumer about the new starters, Aquazap, Tryleaf, and Flameos. Butlike I said, this is just a rumer I heard on IGN forums.

kohei
October 22nd, 2005, 05:24 AM
No, I could swear on either IGN or some other website. I'll check. Oh, and I heard a rumer about the new starters, Aquazap, Tryleaf, and Flameos. Butlike I said, this is just a rumer I heard on IGN forums.What O_O

Gamefreak hasn't even announced the Japanese names yet... how can the English name be revelaed already?

Come on, you know these are plain old rumors -_-

Zephyr+
October 22nd, 2005, 05:37 AM
Kohei's right, those are just rumors... Seriously, would a Pokemon REALLY be called "Aquazap?" Give me a break. But the idea of wireless compatibility with up to 16 people is amazing!

The Fallen
October 22nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
I decided to have all news on pokmon Diamond and Pearl news go in this thread. So if you've got any news on the games post it here.

Serebii
October 23rd, 2005, 06:19 AM
Sorry but the majority of the info on neoseeker (except the common sense ones) is nothing but utter lies

PoKeSaFaRi
October 23rd, 2005, 06:27 AM
I've got to agree with Serebii on that one. Neoseeker isn't one of the most trusty sources ever. Now, we should keep on the topic...

Windfang
October 24th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Hey all thanks for the info and what to avoid. Time to save up for DS.

Ash

Haunted_Angel
November 8th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I remeber reading something about diamond and pearl, and its definite that japan gets it in 2006 unfortunately i don't know the US or the UK realese date (:( as i live in the UK) like i can't wait either, it's gonna be so cool, i don't think the age thing is true, but the real time clock, like in Gold and Silver oh and ruby and sapphire, but were put out of leafgren and firered, (something about the jhoto pokemon only being native to each game so they couldn't put in a clock, i.e hoothoot can only be found in one i kow that isnt true, but other night time types are like this) back to topic, and the wifi stuff is true, i think they are m,aking the games multiplayer compatible, like you can interact with someone elses game, unfortunately i still need to finish my reasearch so just belive the wi fi thing, the clock thing is still under reasearch as well as the multiplayer/interact downloading game play stuiff will bring further info soon :)

Innocence
November 8th, 2005, 03:26 PM
This is bad. If the 3D Gaming one is true, I'm screwed. I HATE 3D Pok'emon games.

Tyler
November 26th, 2005, 09:39 AM
This is so fake and old i found that on another site way back in the begiining of the year.

Gaaradon Of The Dessert
November 26th, 2005, 10:05 AM
a mod should really close this!

Omnicron
November 29th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Niko... a whole new region to learn everything about! lol, XD, im still cut out finding anything out about Orre!

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 11:14 AM
This is bad. If the 3D Gaming one is true, I'm screwed. I HATE 3D Pok'emon games.

Join the club. Unless if it was just battling, and it didn't have annoying repetitve brain screwing music like Pokemon Collesseum in battle mode.

I mena would you guys want the gameplay to be 3D and further abolish the traditional pixelised version?

THIRTY-SIX
November 30th, 2005, 11:20 AM
i wouldnt mind if it looked a little like ff7 but it probably wont...
but yea no repetitive battle music, but then again i never have the volume on, most of the music apart from ding ding dinmg ding ding are good =P

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 11:31 AM
i wouldnt mind if it looked a little like ff7 but it probably wont...
but yea no repetitive battle music, but then again i never have the volume on, most of the music apart from ding ding dinmg ding ding are good =P

Heh, definately. I didn't like the 3d adventure graphics in pokemon collisseum when exploring. I mean, It just didn't feel right like that.

celebi23
November 30th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I might get both

saint jimmmey
December 4th, 2005, 03:59 AM
yeah the 3d (i hope) will be just for battles as they rock in 3d but i like moving around in the 2d form.

Torchic_and_Pichu
December 4th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Does anyone know when they will be released in CANADA? Or will they be released in Canada and the U.S.A. together? Sorry for sounding spazzy or stupid, but I just want to know (since I live in Canada!!).

Mr Snrub
December 14th, 2005, 05:55 PM
i wont be able to get it i dont have a ds

vonboy
December 22nd, 2005, 06:25 PM
i think it will start appearing in canadian stores a few days after it appears in the U.S., because i think most games are shipped from the U.S. to canada.

so MAYBY febuary-marchish.

Torchic_and_Pichu
December 26th, 2005, 09:35 AM
i think it will start appearing in canadian stores a few days after it appears in the U.S., because i think most games are shipped from the U.S. to canada.

Thanx. I hope so. I just got a DS for Chsitmas!!! So I can get Diamond/Pearl when they come out!!

DarkThunder
December 26th, 2005, 09:56 AM

Normally it's 2-4 weeks I think.

Charizard_Master56
December 30th, 2005, 07:59 PM
when are we expected to get the game in the us and when does japan get it?

Ziggy
January 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I heard that you start off with any single stage common evolution, so like caterpie or something! which would be cool but I think it's just a rumour

kohei
January 9th, 2006, 02:51 AM
I heard that you start off with any single stage common evolution, so like caterpie or something! which would be cool but I think it's just a rumourBah, GameFreak would probablly not break the tradition.

...to think about it, there was a rumor that there was going to be a pre-evolution of Scyther in D/P, but I highly doubt it, since I saw this on a site run by a 7 year old...

brotlov
January 9th, 2006, 06:26 PM
when are we expected to get the game in the us and when does japan get it?
Japan get's it this year ( 2006 ) but ther's no word on the release date in America.

ouendan
January 9th, 2006, 08:15 PM
This thread should be called "Pokemon D/P Rumors and Speculation" instead. :P

Ziggy
January 12th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I think it'll be out at summer this year in both england and america like they're starting to do with games.

Zephyr+
January 12th, 2006, 11:48 AM
No, we won't be getting this game in the US any time soon. Think about it- if it were coming out by then, we'd know MORE of the new Pokemon, we'd see screen shots (however blurry), and Pokemon.com would actually admit that the games exist. We probably won't be getting the games until at least 2007, sadly.

mewtwo-EX
January 13th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I'm guessing a March 2007 release in the US. R/S was released in March, but Japan got it a year earlier in September or something. Expect the US to get it about half a year after Japan, then other regions to follow.

Eirikr
January 14th, 2006, 01:57 AM
I dont know why, but from the time its taking, I am betting a new release format, WORLD WIDE SIMUTANIOUS RELEASE!!!(gets sent to nut house)

kohei
January 14th, 2006, 02:16 AM
I dont know why, but from the time its taking, I am betting a new release format, WORLD WIDE SIMUTANIOUS RELEASE!!!(gets sent to nut house)Well it's possbile, isn't it?

DS can change the language of some names right?

So if the game is relased world-wide at the same time, there won't be much of a problem if the game is included with lots of languages. They only need to make a US release DP box and manual.

mewtwo-EX
January 14th, 2006, 08:37 PM
er...the script is written in Japanese. It is then translated to English (takes months), then into other European languages. If they went for a simultaneous launch, certain people (Japanese mainly, US also) would have to wait a lot longer than usual. On that note, the DS doesn't actually translate the text...it just chooses which text to display. Having all different languages in the same cart would take up too much time, space and resources. It would be cool tho.....heh

Ziggy
January 18th, 2006, 12:17 PM
well I think nintendo have adopted the infamous 'don't say a word till the week before release' Doctrine. it'll be out middle/late this year

ShadowKP1
January 29th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Late 2006-2007 is my guess.

Also adding on to the 5 new pokemon I found out at serebii that there is a new pokemon coming out for the 9th movie and it might be appearing in D/P. Although we don't know if it will be in D/P, but it's something new.

mewtwo-EX
January 29th, 2006, 04:15 PM
hmm...why is it that most people get the "first" game stated in a series. (eg, most people bought Red, Gold, Ruby and Fire Red.) It seems strange to me. Maybe it's because the first one almost always sounds cooler. Gold vs Silver, Diamond vs Pearl. Red vs Blue....lol, oh Halo. Personally, I think I'll get Pearl just so there are a ton of people who want the pokemon native to my version. I eventually end up getting both tho...heh.

As far as release date, I'll move my guess back to a November release in the US, although I'm still guessing it'll actually be March. Hoping for more info at E3. May can't come soon enough. Going to be the best E3 Ever!

spike6958
January 29th, 2006, 04:44 PM
that's not true i got them in this order Yellow,Red, Blue, Silver, Crystal, Gold, Ruby,Saphire, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Emerald,

On Topic:
Ive Been Told By A Friend Of mine Who Works For Nintendo that The Game Is been Releaced this year in the USA/UK around Christmas and around Summer in Japan but he also said the dates may Change at any time depending on development rate unfortantly he woun't tell me anything elce

mewtwo-EX
January 29th, 2006, 07:17 PM
An XMas release would be awsome...good for Nintendo as well, as they can take advantage of the holiday rush. Maybe a simultaneous release with the Revolution. Anyway, I expect a solid release date, along with video and screenshots to be made available at E3. It's going to be a hot news week.

My E3 Wishlist

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (if it isn't released before)
Nintendo Revolution: Controller fully revealed, game demos on floor, specs and Release Date!
Pokemon Ranger: Demo available
Pokemon D/P: Officially anounced, with release date and screenshots

*begins to drool*

And then that other news from Microsoft and Sony...peh.

Ketay
February 1st, 2006, 05:22 PM
I'm going to be tempted to import this game... Then again in Pokemon you don't really need to read much... And I could read enough to get by anyway. I don't think I can wait all the way until Christmas. x_x

But I agree, they really need to release some screenshots at E3... And I pray they don't just look like GBA sprites (like the first DS Harvest Moon did... At least the New one looks awesome ^^).

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
February 2nd, 2006, 08:09 AM
If the game has three reigons, pokemon colleseum graphics and pokemon connectivity with fire red/ leaf green and loads of cool new pokemon then that would be the best...

Ziggy
February 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
not colluseum but more like stadium, and I think it was confirmed that you can go back to the other continents wasn't it? The DS has the power to hack that! and it has been 100% confirmed that you can connect to FR/LG, R/S/E ON THE SAME CONSOLE but no gamecube connect which is a kick in the teeth.

Despain
February 2nd, 2006, 12:01 PM
Online play?

Sweet, that'll be awesome.

Roffle
February 3rd, 2006, 03:40 PM
LOL the mod deleted my post. I will now say it again -

Ziggy, stop lying with this "I heard about such and such". Do not put false hopes into people.

Anyway:

I don't think we'll hear much more on this actual game until E3 uno.

ShadowTails
February 4th, 2006, 02:18 PM
IGN says its comming out December 31 2006

Its on the list of the top 50 DS games, its not even out yet >.>

aragornbird
February 4th, 2006, 06:42 PM
♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Awww, December? And not even before Christmas. Hopefully that date is tentative, but I guess it will still be in the winter months of 2006.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Roffle
February 5th, 2006, 12:44 AM
We wont be seeing an english release this year otherwise the release date for the Japanese one wouldve been announced already and the countdown until March/April would be in effect. Settle down, find another game because it seems kinda sad getting all upset about a game not coming out this year in english. =/////////////////////

aragornbird
February 5th, 2006, 08:55 AM
♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Upset? Not me. Slight disillusioned, but not upset. =/////////////////////

Also, I’m going to get Diamond, since it just sounds cooler. Although if Pearl has better Pokemon, I might switch to that.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Micans
February 9th, 2006, 12:27 PM
IGN says its comming out December 31 2006

Its on the list of the top 50 DS games, its not even out yet >.>

What IGN says =/= the truth. Unless Nintendo says December 31, it's fake. All Nintendo has said is 2006 for Japan, nothing specific and nothing for outside of Japan.

And Rukario's English name is officialy Lucario.