PDA

View Full Version : What would you be without Pokemon?

WidowMaker
October 22nd, 2005, 07:54 AM
What do you think you'd be like without Pokemon? I seriously don't know what I'd be like, I know It would be bad though. Anyways, just post what you think you'd be like here.

Eon-Rider
October 22nd, 2005, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't be here at PC and I would've never become best friends with my current best friends. I also would be bored doing nothing.

PichuSecretBase
October 22nd, 2005, 08:07 AM
I would be a major nerd.. bigger then I am.

WidowMaker
October 22nd, 2005, 08:12 AM
I would be a major nerd.. bigger then I am.
Ya,know, I would probably be the same as you if it was'nt for Pokemon. I've know'n about Pokemon since I was like 4 years old. If I did'nt know about it then, I'd be a "Normal" person. <--Scares me *shivers*

Sasuke_Uchiha
October 22nd, 2005, 08:17 AM
I Will Be A Loser Or A Shame That I Dont Have A Pokemon And The Rest Have.

Bomberman
October 22nd, 2005, 08:35 AM
What would I be without Pokemon?
About $500 richer :P ;)

Chiru
October 22nd, 2005, 08:56 AM
Ya,know, I would probably be the same as you if it was'nt for Pokemon. I've know'n about Pokemon since I was like 4 years old. If I did'nt know about it then, I'd be a "Normal" person. <--Scares me *shivers*

Same for me. If it weren't for Pokemon, I wouldn't be into anime. If it weren't for anime, I wouldn't be half as weird as I am today. I can't even imagine what I would be like then o.O (*shudders at the thought of being "normal"*)

WidowMaker
October 22nd, 2005, 09:14 AM
I'm so glad I got into Pokemon, I mean, look what we would have all turned out to be. I like being a weird person, a Pokemon fan, an anime fan, and all the other stuff I am.

Recknin
October 22nd, 2005, 09:41 AM
am so not glad to bein into pokemon coz now am obsesed

Natsuki
October 22nd, 2005, 09:42 AM
Well, if I had never got into the fandom of Pokemon, or if it had never existed, I certainly wouldn't be here right now. XD I'd probably be spending a bit less time online as well. <.< That can be both a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at it. XD

Well, I certainly wouldn't be able to enjoy the wonderful Pokemon games. *loves her Pokemon Colosseum* X3 And I also wouldn't have met Jorge...or at least it would be extremely unlikely that I should have met him without my love of Pokemon. ^^;

So yeah, I guess I'd survive without Pokemon, but I am certain my life wouldn't be quite as good without it. =3

~Kelsey

Ziggy
October 22nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
well I probabley would think nintendo wasn't better than sony
- I wouldn't have as many friends
- nintendo's handhelds would be on a knife edge to stay above the psp
- I would be alot more saner (wouldn't go around shouting at the top of my voice ''I love smeargle'')
- I wouldn't really like video games (sad, but true)

Linoone
October 22nd, 2005, 09:48 AM
well, I'd act and look like a goth kinstead of just look like one O.O*faints*

Drew
October 22nd, 2005, 03:01 PM
Gah....really, I dont have a clue what I'd be like....
because Pokemon is what got me into Anime soooo....hmm....
I dunno. XD But I doubt I'd be as fun as I'am now...

.::Tsunami::.
October 22nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
yeah like cool master none of us would be here cause pokecommunity wouldn't exist!

oranda
October 22nd, 2005, 10:48 PM
Without Pokemon.. I would be less of a nerd than I already am. *blushes*

Gigabeam
October 23rd, 2005, 12:29 AM
If I would have never met Bulbasaur? How horrific. I'd probably be the same, except I'd be less green.

And that would make a me a sad little kid.

ryan
October 23rd, 2005, 01:02 AM
Pokemon doesn't really affect me that much... I's probably be better looking because I've sacraficed many nights playing... And like somebody said earlier, I'd be a whole lot richer... Let's see... Blue+Yellow+Gold+Silver+Ruby+Stadium+Colloseum+FireRed+Emerald+a bunch of trading cards when they were new+shirt+a few posters+gengar pin on my backpack+scyther toy+players guides+DS (I wouldn't have bought one without the promise of Diamond/Pearl) = a lot of $$$$
But I don't regret it!

Ibuberu
October 23rd, 2005, 01:05 AM
I would have never found out about the world's cutest and bestest pokemon!!

Feebas!!*huggles Feebas*

*shudder*I can't imagine what life'll be like....Maybe I'd stop spending so much time infront of the comp.

kohei
October 23rd, 2005, 03:43 AM
I would have stopped being obsessed with Gardevoir/Mawile/Misdrevous, and stopped looking at threads dedicated to them threads in Japanese forums.

This also means I might have not gone back to the world of drawing, since it was Gardevoir fanart which brought me out from a big artists block.

Also, it means I wouldn't have met great artists like Iyau-san and PEARL-san.

~tang~
October 23rd, 2005, 04:28 AM
I would be very bored right now... and probably would have been very bored for about... umm.. a long time o.O

Smarties-chan
October 23rd, 2005, 05:13 AM
If pokemon wouldn't exist I would be richer, but I'd also be bored and suck at English. The pokemon games are the reason I know enough english to join enligsh forums. And I would probaly never have met someone who truly understands me, I wouldn't have met some of my best friends either. It's a good thing pokemon exists though.

PichuSecretBase
October 23rd, 2005, 05:24 AM
I probably wouldn't have gotten so deep into web developing! :O I'd still be out there at Angelfire making personal profile websites!

Little Paul
October 23rd, 2005, 05:39 AM
I would probably be making freeweb site's still, like the old days X3, I'd probably not be on the computer at all and be playing outside right now..

Dragon-Chan
October 23rd, 2005, 07:20 AM
I'd be a hollow, empty shell of quietness, Dragons and boredom.

viridian doubletongue
October 23rd, 2005, 08:24 AM
I'd be on a website called Dragonball community, wondering how I got there, & with an empty favourites list.

Charaxes
October 23rd, 2005, 10:22 AM
Why not.

I'm not sure if I've gotten as much as you guys currently but I must say, back in 01, when I had a personal crisis, the TCG and my League got me through some dark times and I did meet some wonderful people, (including one of my best offline friends, and twice my age) and I wouldn't trade those times for anything. A pity they've moved on or I don't see them anymore but at least I got the time capsule in my mind for them.

But I've also got wiser as I learned the darkness of the fandom period (with the TCG players in Origins 03) and that has helped me deal with the often idiotic, self serving, parochial fanboys out there (and not just Pokemon's) and fine tune my cynicism. I was sadder there but wiser.

So yeah, I can say I would be much poorer without Pokemon showing my intellectual and creative side with the cards and that spilled out into my wonderful decks. It was a nice prelude to the intellectual weirdo I am now.

If we're talking money...oh God...

machinegun777
October 23rd, 2005, 10:32 AM
Yah, if I didn't know about Pokemon, I wouldn't be here infront of the monitor now... I would probobaly be outside or somthin'. Pokemon is one of the reasons why I stare at the monitor. Surfing the Web,

Dysnomia
October 23rd, 2005, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't be such an awesome dorky person XD

And I probably would be really, really bored.

METALX
October 23rd, 2005, 12:28 PM
I Don't Know I Guess I Would Be Board, Never Get Thier Cool Video Games For My Systems Like:gc And Gba And Wouldn't Be Posting On This Pole.

misty-slave09
October 23rd, 2005, 01:01 PM
without pokemon my life would be pretty dull imean i was a pokemon fan since the beginning and i have all the games and the show is one of my favorites so without pokemon i'd be nowhere

CookieMonsuta
October 25th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Ies vould ve noting... ajajajajajaj!!

Benpokemaster
October 25th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Well,I would be a reck.Pokemon is what brought me freinds like you.I have spent 8 years of my life with these majestic creatures.They are the things i see in the morning on my poster,and Mudkip is the plush I secretly sleep by.I am a loyal fan.I will never even think about giving up my Pokemon.

DR.MUNCHLAX
October 28th, 2005, 08:55 AM
If there wasn't pokemon my whole life would be different.
For example I wouldn't be into other anime because Pokemon is what got me hooked onto anime. I would be the shy kid who would stay away as far as possible from other people. So without Pokemon my life would be meaningless.

Cybex Mewtwo
October 28th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Without pokemon I'd be several thousand dollars richer. XD!

The Angel of Darkness
October 28th, 2005, 11:37 PM
I'd probably be a couple of hundred pounds richer, but I'd also would have had over 1000 hours free time! Thats very bad, I have enough free time as it is!

Hwoarang
October 29th, 2005, 02:55 AM
well i wouldn't be here for starters and i would'nt really have any friends cause all of myne like pokemon and that's how we got together

Charizard_Fire_God
October 29th, 2005, 10:47 PM
A very good question.

Well pkmn has changed ALOT in many aspects of my life, tch, so I'd probably be 50% different from what I am today. I'd be less funny, less in-touch with mom, less... "imaginative" in some areas, tch, and therefor less open-minded. I'd probably lack tha moral relativism I have today, my cable internet along with any an' all internet-related activities, and last but not least -- less happy.

Bah, overall I'm glad pkmn came to my life. Lol, I shudder just thinking about what I'd be like without it. ^^;;;;;;;;;

Sammi
October 30th, 2005, 05:50 AM
well, obviously, I wouldn't be here.
In fact, I don't think I'd be a forum addict without Pok&#233;mon. All of the forums I join are Pok&#233;mon forums. ^^; I might not have been addicted to the Internet at all, but that's a big maybe.
I wouldn't have a Gameboy, therefore I wouldn't have ever played Zelda, so I bet I wouldn't like that either. (The first Zelda game I played was Oracle of Seasons for the GBC).
I wouldn't have written my fanfiction at all, and I don't think I would've have tried to write fanfiction without Pok&#233;mon. I wouldn't have written so much (I wrote something original though, so I guess that would be what I mainly write). But overall, my writing world would've changed.

What would I be? Not a forum addict. xD

If I remember anything else, I'll edit ._.;

Supreme Edgeboy Max
November 1st, 2005, 10:25 PM
Meh, I'd probably be a normal insignificant little boy then. I'd also probably have not joined ~them~ and something.

I don't care, but I know I won't have been me if I didn't find Pokemon. I'd be playing outside, I'd have real friends, and ... I'd be normal. ^_^

RedGyarados
November 10th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I would be someone who likes to study for school (Yeah,right)

Alpham-A-Epsilons
February 21st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Better and Cooler and possibly more popular

poke-hater 182
February 21st, 2006, 10:03 PM
I would be watching you fall asleep typing and die at midnight on "some"
crappy pokemon forums!!ha~!!:chinese:

poke-hater 182
February 21st, 2006, 10:05 PM
I would be someone who likes to study for school (Yeah,right)
I bet you do, nerd!!

o o, i now wat yo men

[MikeGTS]
February 22nd, 2006, 03:40 AM
Now i ask you guys a question, what if Pokemon REALLY existed! What would your life be? I mean, imagine your day-after-day there! Tell me! As for me, if it wasn't for pokemon, i would have nothing to do everyday, (aside from Need for Speed series, but thats other thing), and if pokemon existed, i would be a researcher, trying to unveil the vast and uncountable mysteries of Pokemon

EDIT: Oh, and btw, HAIL THE GUY WHO INVENTED POKEMON, HAIL HAIL HAIL!!!!!

Drummershuff
February 22nd, 2006, 03:47 AM
Don't revive threads that are more than a Month old.

*Reported*