PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual PC Academy Awards

Haruka
March 1st, 2004, 03:19 PM
http://jpgarden.pokemonfanuniverse.com/oscar.jpg
Yup, I have decided to start a PC Academy Award Event at PC. Members must (meaning don't complain if you don't get nominated) be nominated by the Staff Members in order to get into the contest. There will be categories for people to be nominated in. After they are nominated, then the staff members also vote for who should win an Oscar. Actually, its a trophy with a golden Swablu on it. The Results will be announced March 25th, 2004 so show your best at the Community. The Results will be posted on March 25th, 2004 and if you win, you get a golden Swablu Oscar to put in your sig, which will have your name on it.

To join, just post your application here and staff will review it.

Name:
Accomplishments(1 paragraph):

DragonTrainer
March 1st, 2004, 03:27 PM
One question:Can staff be in it?:P

Probably not, but oh well XD

Haruka
March 1st, 2004, 03:39 PM
YES... but you can't vote for yourself or nominate yourself

DragonTrainer
March 1st, 2004, 03:41 PM
Ok, lol, I doubt I'll get nominated, but I should nominate someone.....

100marios
March 1st, 2004, 03:54 PM
Well, this certainly looks interesting! (Lotr won 11 oscars! ALL RIGHT!!!)
I have to think of a person to nominate......

Haruka
March 1st, 2004, 03:57 PM
yup... the catagories haven't been made, eh?

Shadow
March 1st, 2004, 03:57 PM
This sure does seem like a more selective and award show-like Member of the Month....

Sayuri no Hoshi
March 1st, 2004, 04:01 PM
YEAH! This is one step closer to the real thing! *_* I hope I'm doing this right...by listing your performing accomplishments?! Since it is Academy Awards...lol...someone get back to me before I post and make myself look like a total moron! O_o;

Blaine
March 1st, 2004, 04:09 PM
Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... Can somebody explain what's going on? Okay, so do you send in an application to staff on your own? Or does someone have to do so for another? And acclompishments on PC or in real life? Oi... This ish confusing. >.<

100marios
March 1st, 2004, 04:17 PM
I can just see it now........My name up in lights!
*eyes shimmer*
.....just kidding hehe...

Yeah, I suppose we need some categories don't we! I should win best actor for sure!
Hehe....

Haruka
March 1st, 2004, 04:19 PM
Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... Can somebody explain what's going on? Okay, so do you send in an application to staff on your own? Or does someone have to do so for another? And acclompishments on PC or in real life? Oi... This ish confusing. >.<

You send a application for which member you want to be reviewed for nomination.

Name of person to be reviewed (not yourself):
Catagory:

Haruka
March 1st, 2004, 05:37 PM
Sorry for double posting... but heres the categories.

Best Art Work
Best Fanfic
Most Dedicated Member
Most Supportive
Best Super-Moderator
Best Moderator
Best Member
Best Sig Design
Best Avatar Design
Most Active Poster
Most Talented Artist

Blaine
March 1st, 2004, 05:38 PM
You send a application for which member you want to be reviewed for nomination.

Name of person to be reviewed (not yourself):
Catagory:
Heh, thanks, but also, again, it is accomplishments on PC, right?

Haruka
March 1st, 2004, 05:42 PM
Heh, thanks, but also, again, it is accomplishments on PC, right?
Why they should be nominated in that catagory? that whats the accomplishments mean.

Blaine
March 1st, 2004, 06:07 PM
Why they should be nominated in that catagory? that whats the accomplishments mean.
Ah, thank you! ^^ Er... One last question though, do we PM the applications to you?

John Denver
March 1st, 2004, 06:09 PM
funniest member isn't on there...neither is most intelligent and sutff...c'mon haruka...this is basically a MOTM on crack COCAINE!!!

Yep...my opinion...BOO ya!

DragonTrainer
March 1st, 2004, 06:12 PM
Yup, I think this is MOTM, just fancier and stuff :P

Haruka
March 1st, 2004, 06:16 PM
Yes, you just PM them away to me... ;)... and i'll post them in the staff forum...

ok... more catagories

Best Art Work
Best Fanfic
Most Dedicated Member
Most Supportive
Best Super-Moderator
Best Moderator
Best Member
Best Sig Design
Best Avatar Design
Most Active Poster
Most Talented Artist
Most Funniest
Most Intellegent.

Shadow
March 1st, 2004, 06:16 PM
funniest member isn't on there...neither is most intelligent and sutff...c'mon haruka...this is basically a MOTM on crack COCAINE!!!

Yep...my opinion...BOO ya!
Basically waht I said 9 posts ago... I hate being ignored....

John Denver
March 1st, 2004, 06:21 PM
What...what makes...what makes..what makes what what what makes WHU PA! love the exceeeption!

Your not being ignored shadow, I read your post, I just added to it..

and what is Most Funniest Haruka? More better? Bestest Memberer?

BOO ya!

ash_misty4ever
March 1st, 2004, 08:50 PM
Hmm.......I was just thinking about this..but only with Pokemon! Anyway do you make a post of who to nominate or PM someone?

LanceLite
March 2nd, 2004, 01:16 AM
I'm sending my application thingy to u Haruka!

EDIT: Looks like I can't... I gotta ask someone else to be nominated... ;_;

John Denver
March 2nd, 2004, 04:36 AM
it's all good people...and when do you plan on having this thing haruka?

it's a 9 oz container of BOO ya!

Haruka
March 2nd, 2004, 02:51 PM
No, you just send the form why a certin member should be nominated.

DragonTrainer
March 2nd, 2004, 03:13 PM
Seriously, what is the real difference between this and MOTM?=/

Dizzy
March 2nd, 2004, 03:16 PM
Hmm This one is where you cant get in without the Staff members.. and its harder because not all staff members are willing to put in votes for all members. And You need a Paragraph of Accomplishments and other things Member of the Month Doesnt have. But Pretty much its based on the Same Idea as Member of the Month... Staff Edition lol.

100marios
March 2nd, 2004, 03:17 PM
I was thinking that this could be made different because this only comes around once per year. That's the way the actual Acadamy Awards work, so it makes plenty of sense!

Haruka
March 2nd, 2004, 03:19 PM
Actally, NO! It's very different.

The results will not be known intil March 25th which is different. Also, you can't just nominate everyone. Also, you get a prize out of this event, the MOTM, you don't.

I see more differences...

Dizzy
March 2nd, 2004, 03:32 PM
Actually its...

Actually, NO! It's very different.

The results will not be known until March 25th which makes it different. Also, you can't nominate just anyone. Another thing is, you get a prize out of this event, but the MOTM, you don't.

I see more differences...

You made it so of course you see the differences. Give people a chance to see it. This also might discourage other members because they may see it as Favoritism. Otherwise, :) Great.

Teara
March 2nd, 2004, 04:00 PM
So PC has voting too? That sounds very fun, I hope I'm around when the events start.

John Denver
March 2nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
I think this is no different...it's just more confiding...and haruka wants votes...

FEEELIN ya!

100marios
March 2nd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Maybe this could be our MOTY thing! Sure MOTM is great, but what about overall? You'll have to think out your votes more carefully........
but, that's just my suggestion. It's Haruka's idea after all! I sorta like it!

Haruka
March 2nd, 2004, 04:20 PM
Actally, no.

It's NOT a popularity contest. *sighs*

John Denver
March 2nd, 2004, 06:39 PM
Ever since Haruka...I judge you by that thread...ever since...

I choose to BOO ya!

Pokemaster10000
March 3rd, 2004, 07:10 PM
Hmm I'm an active poster. But I doubt I will get the out nominated by DT so....*backs out*

HIM
March 3rd, 2004, 07:12 PM
Nominate Me! HIM will win! Yes I will.

Pokemaster10000
March 3rd, 2004, 07:15 PM
Nominate Me! HIM will win! Yes I will.

What catagory do you think you'll get nominated in? :P

Sorye HK
March 3rd, 2004, 10:54 PM
I think Coolboyman will get elected as most dedicated since
he carries on with the hacks he's made and completes them,
and doesn't close his projects, even if they don't get much attention.

sdp
March 4th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Name:Luiz Mauricio
I first joined PC when the Pokemonelite 2000 forums created this with other pokemon sites. When i first got here all i saw was whining on how they had to start their account again and had 0 posts again. Then i come a week later to see people with over 5 000 posts. Everytime i come i am alienated by the topics and how immature some people are even though i know it is a pokemon forum with mostly kids that don't know better. My accomplishment has been i have done my best to correct all this users and help them be better in many things like grammar/be strong/no whining/think for themselves. I am just trying to prepare them for other forums after they are over pokemon and decide to go to lets say a Cradle of Filth forum, thanks to me they won't get chewed so badly the first few months ;) Another accomplishment has probably been that i am easily recognized/hated by a few posters because of my sometimes apathetic attitude to stupidity with very very few posts.

:)

Pokemaster10000
March 4th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Name:Luiz Mauricio
I first joined PC when the Pokemonelite 2000 forums created this with other pokemon sites. When i first got here all i saw was whining on how they had to start their account again and had 0 posts again. Then i come a week later to see people with over 5 000 posts. Everytime i come i am alienated by the topics and how immature some people are even though i know it is a pokemon forum with mostly kids that don't know better. My accomplishment has been i have done my best to correct all this users and help them be better in many things like grammar/be strong/no whining/think for themselves. I am just trying to prepare them for other forums after they are over pokemon and decide to go to lets say a Cradle of Filth forum, thanks to me they won't get chewed so badly the first few months ;) Another accomplishment has probably been that i am easily recognized/hated by a few posters because of my sometimes apathetic attitude to stupidity with very very few posts.

:)

You're nominating yourself. If you are...you can't. Sorry.

John Denver
March 4th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Nominate me! for...something I dunno...:)

(hmm, time for dinner)

quote message in BOO ya!

Pokemaster10000
March 4th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Hmm, if there was a best trademark catagory, I think you would win. :P

Sayuri no Hoshi
March 4th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Oh, sweet friend of mine, Jordan! Will you nominate me!! Pwetty pwease? You won't be a dork anymore if you nominate me! You'll be my bestest friend! ^_____^ Do it or die. O_o; Heh...just kidding!

Haruka
March 4th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Wait wait wait!

Send the reviews to me by email. Please DO NOT post it here..

the email is [email protected]

and no, you can't nominate yourself.

sdp
March 4th, 2004, 05:29 PM
:o
I read the thread wrong, i feel so stupid...

John Denver
March 5th, 2004, 05:19 AM
it's all good sdp you MORON!
eveyrone makes mistakes you IDIOT!
no need to fret cause your RETARDED!

hehe, I feel so mean, I'm just kidding...or AM i...hmmm

soft spoken with a broken BOO ya!

igtica
March 5th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Hakura have you had many nominations yet...just out of interest. Your having so many difficulties with this event, it seems like such a shame...I guess at least it's an original idea. I mean is there anything else on PC exactly like this. No is the anwser (otherwise it would be closed). So I hope it works well.

Haruka
March 5th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Yes, I can handle it... >_>...

We will have 5 per catagory max.

Yami_Charizard
March 7th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Yami_Charizard
Pallet Town, New York
12 1/2 yrs. old
I have successfully joined PC and made lots of friends. I have made two websites and in the process of making a 3rd message board. I am a mod on kyogroudon forums and a forums on ufi forums. I am signed up to many forums and is given plenty of respect. I plan to become a great member in PC!

LanceLite
March 8th, 2004, 03:42 AM
You can't nominate yourself.....

If u could, by know you should have heard my speech about dedication 2 Pokemon.

The Evil One
March 8th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Name:Kyle Walker
I like bread...I am Scottish. My Birthday was yesterday, and I make avys and banners.

Also I make Fanfics, like the one here - http://www.geocities.com/mage_wars/index.html

Plus...I rule :P

Pokemaster10000
March 8th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Name:Kyle Walker
I like bread...I am Scottish. My Birthday was yesterday, and I make avys and banners.

Also I make Fanfics, like the one here - http://www.geocities.com/mage_wars/index.html

Plus...I rule :P

*sigh* Sorry, I think I've said this before but you can't nominate yourself. You can nominate any PC members except yourself. You can nominate me though. :P j/k

Haruka
March 8th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Don't post your nominations here... Just email or PM to me.... >_>...

They will be voted when I pick a pool of members.

The Evil One
March 10th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Ooh...sorry, I'll PM you.

Geometric-sama
March 11th, 2004, 06:52 PM
It did say application for nomination, didn't it? This is my application, it's obviously not a nomination because a) I'm not a staff member and b) you can't nominate yourself.

Name: Jedi_Amara
Accomplishments(1 paragraph): Well, let's see. I skipped 3 years of school and still manage to be at the top of the year. I write a lot of short stories and some of them have won prizes. I also win a lot of prizes for my music (piano and violin). Also, I have Australia's biggest Digimon website, and I do a lot of graphics work.

Haruka
March 11th, 2004, 07:11 PM
It did say application for nomination, didn't it? This is my application, it's obviously not a nomination because a) I'm not a staff member and b) you can't nominate yourself.

Name: Jedi_Amara
Accomplishments(1 paragraph): Well, let's see. I skipped 3 years of school and still manage to be at the top of the year. I write a lot of short stories and some of them have won prizes. I also win a lot of prizes for my music (piano and violin). Also, I have Australia's biggest Digimon website, and I do a lot of graphics work.
Sorry, but you can't nominate yourself, but you may nominate a another member.

Geometric-sama
March 12th, 2004, 07:58 PM
I *did* say that was my application. Not a nomination. Oh well XD.