PDA

View Full Version : not sure if this is the right place...

Timbjerr
March 1st, 2004, 07:27 PM
heheh...sometimes I wonder how I even got modded. If this is in the wrong place please move it.

umm...my signature says it all really. I'm leaving PC permanently. I hate to do it, but I have a real life to focus on.

So now this is PC's most overlooked mod saying "goodbye"...please no emotional tears of sadness or you'll make me cry.

Teara
March 1st, 2004, 07:30 PM
Oh, that's sad, I'm just here temporalily but it's never fun to leave friends behind, even if it is in a forum. I don't know you but I'm sure Teara does so I'll be sure to tell her your leaving. Good luck in life away from PC.

John Denver
March 1st, 2004, 07:32 PM
well this just sucks...

tmbjr, your experiencing what a LOT of veteran members are...you think just because you can't keep up with the new members that you aren't...that's not the case! Even if you can only squeeze 1 post a week, it's 1 post we appreciate...

I should take my own advice...

But if you really want to leave, all power to yas...

Dizzy
March 1st, 2004, 07:35 PM
Dude Por Que and Que Dia? WHY!!! Make sure you come back or I'll haunt you and you dont want that .... RAWR!!! See ya soon Buddy

Haruka
March 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
*snaps tommy out of it*

Don't leave the staff team... Arcanine will get upset then... :(

Kairi
March 1st, 2004, 07:42 PM
Dont you say you were overlooked, I think youre great here! Youve really been noticeable on the new database too! Like Dakota said, its no reason to leave. Still, if you feel you must, then go aheadcatch you on MSN sometime I hope?

John Denver
March 1st, 2004, 07:43 PM
and so would me and kairi and lightning be....well I know I would anyways...

I think your just intimidated by the nooB's massive post counts and you know that your post coutn was massive in OLD pc...I know the feeling exactly...

I was gonna leave PC too and all, but decided to stay, I do it in my free time, it's all good

it'd be good for you to

BOO ya!

Haruka
March 1st, 2004, 07:45 PM
DON'T Leave!

We won't have any more mods for that forum if you leave. *cries*

Phantom Angel
March 1st, 2004, 08:00 PM
Ah, another great mod leave. >_<
don't leave. =P
Okay okay okay?

Timbjerr
March 1st, 2004, 08:06 PM
let me reiterate, it is not the noobs' takeover that is my cause for leaving, it is the fact that I'm swamped with homework and other schoolwork.

something else that I was kinda too timid to say in my first post. In my off time, i had a religious experience and I want a bit of time to meditate on it. That's all the detail I'll say about that.

Latios Master
March 1st, 2004, 08:07 PM
Wow, another mod is leaving? I remember when a mod from the old PC left. His name was Marill or something. Well, see ya tmbjr!

Imakuni?
March 2nd, 2004, 04:52 PM
i can take over and be pcs most over looked mod... please?

Teara
March 2nd, 2004, 05:07 PM
Oh, Imakuni? wasn't that kind of a mean thing to say? It's like your agreeing about him being overlooked. Of course I'm sure it was just a joke but I'm just so up tight that I can't tell. I'm sorry.
But tmbjr I hope you can come back in the summer when homework is not a problem and you've full meditated your religious experiance, you seem to have made alot of friends here if you ask me.

StarLightUmbreon
March 2nd, 2004, 05:07 PM
Sorry to see you go tmbjr. Hope you come back when you have less home work and more time. Don't let the home work get to you though.

Cherrim
March 2nd, 2004, 05:08 PM
Aww... *hug* I know exactly how you feel. ;_; I've been completely overwhelmed by homework, which is the primary reason I've been so inactive. I really, really hate to see you go. :( Needless to say, you're one of my favourite members. I may not always say it, but if I were to write a list of all the members of PC I could name off the top of my head, you'd indefinitely be way up there. ._.

Well, if you've finalized this, then good luck and best of wishes to you in the future. Achieve all your goals and strive for the best. ^_^ And you'd better come back and visit every so often, even if it's just over the summer. We're all going to miss you. And to bring you back to retro... ;p

Bai,
Lightning

Imakuni?
March 2nd, 2004, 05:20 PM
i am sorry ifi my message sounded that way. i meant that i could be overlooked and then he could come back... i dont want him to leave... he was cool...
id like to be the most over looked mod since i am already the most overlooked member.

Blaine
March 2nd, 2004, 05:41 PM
I hate so terribly to see you leave, tmbjr... It's awful that so many are going... We'll miss you... Very much. I know I will... I wish you luck wherever you may find yourself, as well as prosperity in your meditations. -smiles- Religion is a blessed thing. But for now, farewell, Tommy.

Flaming Torchic
March 2nd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Well, I never really knew you well Tommy, but it is a shame that you are going to leave permanently. =\ I hope that you return in the summer, and I might talk to you on MSN sometime, later dude. *waves* =(

Arcanine
March 2nd, 2004, 05:46 PM
Oh Tommy I so hope you will come back to PC one day. You are such a great member and great Moderator. You will be missed a lot. The one thing I hate the most is saying good bye to one friends and Tommy you are one of my best friends and I so so so so much hate to see you leave. Come back and see us some day Tommy. Bye

DragonTrainer
March 2nd, 2004, 05:49 PM
See ya tmbjr, sucks that you're leaving

It's this kind of stuff that gets me upset.I'm a new member here, and some people kinda feel bad about me not being a vet and stuff, and sorta makes me feel bad to be a mod here....Like Dakota said "I think your just intimidated by the nooB's massive post counts and you know that your post coutn was massive in OLD pc...I know the feeling exactly..."....

Shining Arcanine
March 2nd, 2004, 05:50 PM

People who ask lessen their chances of becoming staff.

John Denver
March 2nd, 2004, 06:36 PM
Your the prime example DT...you are a nooB (that not meaning an insult, simply saying that your new) and you have the biggest post count here...I can assure you that EVERY VETERAN HERE is intimidated at least a lil by you at some point if they care about their reputation here...

I was real intimidated when 22sa was a nooB and got 4000 posts in a few days....that was insane...

maybe I can't accept the life that's BOO ya!

DragonTrainer
March 2nd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Yup, I knew I was the main example of said statement..... ._.

Arcanine
March 2nd, 2004, 07:41 PM
Your the prime example DT...you are a nooB (that not meaning an insult, simply saying that your new) and you have the biggest post count here...I can assure you that EVERY VETERAN HERE is intimidated at least a lil by you at some point if they care about their reputation here...

I was real intimidated when 22sa was a nooB and got 4000 posts in a few days....that was insane...

maybe I can't accept the life that's BOO ya! Well Dakota that just means they are on PC more and is posting more. I mean I am the second oldest (oldest as in I joined before all you) member on the top 10 posters. I have a high post count but I don't think you can all me a nooB but I have a high post count.

Haruka
March 2nd, 2004, 07:49 PM
I'm a old dedicated member. not a n00b... =P

*agrees with andy*

bna_li
March 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
See you, TMBJR. Be cool, and always the irresistable man. So long.

Miyu-chan
March 2nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
What? You're leaving? ;-;... ;o; T-T... T_T Well, You were a wonderful mod, and a wonderful member. Shame I didn't get to know you better. =P Bye!

Kairi
March 2nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
A religious experience huh? Far be it from us to rob you of it but...we're selfish. ;p We'll have a welcome back party for you, when you return! Which'll be soon...I hope? ._.

baby*j
March 3rd, 2004, 07:30 AM
"Overlooked" ...

This kinda sounds like a feel-sorry-for-me post ... one of the many I've seen
since I've registered - and I BARELY visit here! Kinda pathetic, but, yeah, good
luck.

Also, newbies should be encouraged, not accused.

Kayleigh
March 3rd, 2004, 07:45 AM
Aww, tmbjr, I hate to see you go. T_T I know you tried hard as a mod, so you shouldn't feel guilty about that. But it would be great if you could come back one day. I hope your real life stuff gets sorted out soon.

Also, newbies should be encouraged, not accused.
That's true in a way, but I'm probably just saying that because I'm new. ._. If people are nice to the newer people, then they'll want to stay and could later become one of your best friends. It's better to have a lot of nice new people than a lot of mean new people, because face it, as long as this forum is going and has the Register option, lots of people are going to join. So there's no need to accuse them of anything. =\

Arcanine
March 3rd, 2004, 08:52 AM
There is nothing wrong with new members. Maybe the older members of PC made PC what it is today but all of them old members was a new member at one time, all of them had to make there first post like every other new member on PC.

John Denver
March 3rd, 2004, 01:14 PM
I think it's because older members want to be noticed, because they made PC what it is. Then new members come in and become popular almost instantly and the older members are lost and forgotten...that's lots of the vets fears I guess...

hmm...I welcome new members...well i try :)

BOO ya!

Hikaru's Twin
March 3rd, 2004, 01:26 PM
It's sad to see you go, Tommy, but i do hope you'll return sometime......

Kairi
March 3rd, 2004, 02:03 PM
I think it's because older members want to be noticed, because they made PC what it is. Then new members come in and become popular almost instantly and the older members are lost and forgotten...that's lots of the vets fears I guess...

hmm...I welcome new members...well i try :)

BOO ya!
...and what about new members who fear the "old vets" with higher post counts? Surely there's that side of it too, when in reality fear on either side is irrational. Uncomfortableness however may be more logical. It might be hard for either to feel like they fit in anymore, or in the case of new members, to begin with. Really post counts don't faze me, and if I had the power I wouldn't mind resetting it to prove it. I'm much more concerned about the friendships I have and the enjoyment of posting than when I joined or what I am. Sure there's something to be said for many of the older members who did a lot to make PC fun, but they were humans and plain members too. It's not having a big post count that lets you make PC into something enjoyable, I doubt any of the people in the "old friends" thread who were once here cared about their post count back then. I felt out of place with my small post count and being modded so fast compared to you and Arcanine too. I felt like the baby mod all the way until this database.

sdp
March 3rd, 2004, 04:01 PM
People here are so whiny because they aren't the center of attention...

Arcanine
March 3rd, 2004, 05:13 PM
I am not even gonig to start with you sdp. And I hope no one makes a reply to your post too.

Flaming Torchic
March 3rd, 2004, 05:26 PM

If you feel that people are so whiny here, then leave. How can you be so disrespectful? Saying such an insulting thing in a thread announcing that one of the senior moderators here is leaving permanently. I advise you to watch what you say if you like it here, because you may end up being banned one day.

sdp
March 3rd, 2004, 05:30 PM
Actually it is the main reason that i barely ever post here even though i've been registered since it began. My morbid fascination with pokemon is what keeps me here from time to time. Sorry if i find extremely annoying that in this forum everyone begs for attention in every thread instead of making read-worthy posts. And if posting my opinion on what is wrong with the forum is going to get me banned so be it.

Imakuni?
March 3rd, 2004, 05:39 PM
i thought tmjbr was cool *starts a mourning thread*

Flaming Torchic
March 3rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
Actually it is the main reason that i barely ever post here even though i've been registered since it began. My morbid fascination with pokemon is what keeps me here from time to time. Sorry if i find extremely annoying that in this forum everyone begs for attention in every thread instead of making read-worthy posts. And if posting my opinion on what is wrong with the forum is going to get me banned so be it.

This isn't a thread for tmbjr to "Beg for attention", this is just a thread for him to announce that he is leaving, since he is a moderator it is only proper if he makes it clear that he won't be here so people don't get extremely concerned or anything. And no, you won't get banned for your thoughts on here, but there are many other forums out there if you have something against this forum, you also will not be respected or liked here much if you offend the members here, obviously.

If you intend to reply to what I said, please PM me, I don't want this to turn into an argument in this thread, if you have to say something else to me, PM me.

bna_li
March 3rd, 2004, 05:48 PM
Dont think the word should be morbid. You know, SDP, I found you highly amusing. Now I think that you are still amusing, but in a bad sense.

Haruka
March 3rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
Yes, it's a offendable offence, sdp as FT said... This is NOT for attention...

Disrespect a member one more time and you might get yourself banned.

Teara
March 3rd, 2004, 06:40 PM
Whaaat! your leaving?! That's too bad;.;
And that was sooooo rude! I'm not going to flame but why would you want to join a forum if you arn't going to be friendly? Oh well, I guess I just don't understand>,<
Good luck tmbjr! hope ta see ya soon^_-
~the real Teara l83

sdp
March 3rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Yes, it's a offendable offence, sdp as FT said... This is NOT for attention...

Disrespect a member one more time and you might get yourself banned.

Read my post, i didn't disrespect any personal user.

Haruka
March 3rd, 2004, 07:09 PM
It sound like it, so if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it.

Scyther5
March 3rd, 2004, 07:14 PM
Well peace out TMBJR , i didnt know you but some your posts made me laugh and you seemed like a cool guy. Hope you come back soon!

bna_li
March 3rd, 2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Haruka
It sound like it, so if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it.That remark doesnt sound like someone who encourages "construtive critism"....

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 5th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Well actually I find it makes sense. If sdp says anything that is offensive, his first post in this thread is offensive to everyone. She should say nothing I reckon.

Imakuni?
March 5th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp

that was just mean!

John Denver
March 5th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Read my post, i didn't disrespect any personal user.

your right, you didn't :)

You insulted the entire community, which is worse...and I agree with you that a LOT of people here desire attention, and dare I say a few perhaps are whiny...but saying that everyone here is jumpy and immature. Why is it that every post I see from you is an attack on someone else...a simple "see ya tmbjr" woulda been better...

shining sha BOO ya! really now...

igtica
March 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
It's sad when anyone leaves for any reason. But when such a dedicated member and moderator leaves it creates a giant hole that can never be re-filled. Take care Tmbjr. I hope that you do come back to us in the summer, so that this goodbye won't be one of another good member forever lost.

Pokemaster10000
March 5th, 2004, 03:25 PM
*sniff*
It's always really sad to see someone important to leave. :'(

Timbjerr
March 6th, 2004, 08:32 PM
**** it!

why did sdp have to come in and spoil my thread?!?
I agree with you that a lot of people here are whiney for attention, but I wasn't one of them (as forum staff, I never had to whine to get attention, I just had to be on the "forum leaders" list and I would get PM's from people I didn't even know). I am angry at any remark like that towards any member, but when it is against a forum staff member, I am outraged, and if it was against me, I am angered to an extreme degree.

I will linger around PC until I see the day you banned.

BTW, please close this thread and forget everything it said.

DragonTrainer
March 6th, 2004, 08:40 PM
OK, and believe me, sdp will soon be out of here.....

*CLOSED*