PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon at 15?

Neo Android
October 29th, 2005, 11:37 AM
well i turned 15 on 10th september and i still like pokemon, now is this stupid or child-ish, i mean i feel stupid cause im prob the only 15 year old who still likes pokemon. what do you all think is it stupid?

Agent9
October 29th, 2005, 11:42 AM
well not really. it's sort of ok y'know. a lot of people here like pokemon and are above 15.

Bomberman
October 29th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I'm 14, been playing since I was 9 or 10.

(however, I just got over my paranoia of what people think about me playing)

Dogboy2709
October 29th, 2005, 12:16 PM
hey i'm 15 and i still like pokmon... it's weird, i used to hate it though. of course people do make fun of me by saying pokman su***! and other mean stuff. i am so mad, not only saying mean wrds but also saying pokmon wrong, but i just ignore it.

Hinoshi-chan
October 29th, 2005, 12:37 PM
¬¬ im 15, been playing since it came out, and I dont think its sad..who cares about what people say about it, I think its alright still ¬¬

Random Plushie
October 29th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Man, there are people a lot older than you who are still in love with Pokemon. ^^

It's for all ages, no matter what anyone says. Don't feel bad about it at all, 'tis nothing to be ashamed of. ^_^

Neo Android
October 29th, 2005, 12:45 PM
I see where you all are coming from, but doesnt the verbal abuse about you liking pokemon.

Get You Down Sometimes?

I know it does me.

Sammi
October 29th, 2005, 12:46 PM
It's not stupid at all. There are many people that are older than you that still like it. Just take a look around.
Don't be ashamed of being 15 and enjoying Pokémon. ^^

EDIT: haha, that's what happens when I look everywhere when I'm trying to post.

I see where you all are coming from, but doesnt the verbal abuse about you liking pokemon.

Get You Down Sometimes?

I know it does me.

Nope. They few times that I've ever been picked on it, I pretty much laughed it off. o_O
If they don't like it, oh well. That's their problem, not mine.

Alter Ego
October 29th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Why should liking pokémon at 14 be okay but liking pokémon at 15 suddenly be stupid? I take offense you know, I'm 17, and turning 18 next February (In other words legally becoming an adult) and that's certainly not going to stop me from liking pokémon. Tis' true what the people here are saying; pokémon is for all ages, and if some people can't accept that it's they who are being immature, not you. As for the flaming, after what I've been through for countless other reasons I couldn't give a rat's arse about what some narrow-minded biggot thinks about me liking pokémon. I'd rather stay true to myself than conform to people who would never respect me anyway. I know who my true friends are, and I know that they won't mock me for my interests. As for the rest...why should their opinions matter more to me than those of my friends?

Nedrag Terces12
Don't feel bad about it. I'm 15 as well and i still like pokemon. Everyone has their own interest. If it's pokemon, then it's pokemon. And if people critisize you about it then they themselves are brainless people that can't understand people's different interests. I don't think there's anything wrong about liking something(like pokemon), just as long as it isn't what commands your life. Keep that in mind and keep your head up the next time you mention pokemon to someone :P

Random Plushie

Get You Down Sometimes?

I know it does me.

I don't know what that feels like.. No one at my school ever bashes me for liking Pokemon. In fact, they admire my random doodles of Pokemon.. XD

Neo Android
October 29th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Thanks everyone you have cheered me up ^^

Agent9
October 29th, 2005, 01:51 PM
well really, if you like something you should never feel guilty about it. some people play it and don't tell their friends.

jc_rcw
October 29th, 2005, 02:16 PM
I like pokemon, I think I always will, and I hate when people make fun of me, I just don't listen to them.

Agent9
October 29th, 2005, 03:30 PM
i listen to them...i just laugh along it. people laugh at me because i like yu-gi-oh. I mean, WHO DOESN'T?

Gyarados Girl
October 29th, 2005, 03:32 PM
If it makes you feel better, I'm 25. :)

You're not childish, anyone who is rude to you due to your tastes is the childish one.

Geometric-sama
October 29th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Most of the active members here are your age or older :P. I'm 16 and there's no slowdown yet. One of the most active members is almost 30 :P

Bomberman
October 29th, 2005, 06:05 PM
some people play it and don't tell their friends.

Which was me, more or less, till I found this site :)

charizard_maa
October 29th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I 17 and I still like pokemon. I just keep it secert to my friends at school and only a few know I like pokemon or none at all but if somebody catches me and aske me if I do like pokemon. I say, "yes. it cool."

They then make fun of me and say "Do try to watch the show everyday like a little kid." In an attempt to make fun of me.

I say back jokely, "No, I record them becasue I too busy with Band and Student Council that I unable to watch the show everyday"

I don't care they make fun of me because it will just pass and be forgotten.

SleepyGomamon
October 29th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Pokemon, particularly the games and card game, really have no age limits. I liked the games back when they just came out, and now that I'm older, I can appreciate them on a deeper level (like more careful strategy, manipulation of hidden stats ect.), really, in those respects, pokemon can be very complex.
Even the anime, while it's may seem childish, is energetic, cheery, and in general enjoyable. What's particularly wrong with liking that?

Charizard_Fire_God
October 29th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Bah, I'm 18 an' I still like Pokémon. Nah, tch, Pokémon ain't neither stupid nor child-ish. It's an intelligent an' good anime an' more mature than ya'll ever think. ^_-

Get over tha complex. Tch, it ain't worth forcefully ripping something ya like outta yarself just because others think it's stupid. XP

Neo Android
October 30th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Well i dont feel so bad now that i know there a people my age and older who like pokemon as well ^^.

Dragonfree
October 30th, 2005, 06:54 AM
I'm 15 and have absolutely no intentions to stop liking it at any point of my life.

My boyfriend is 19 and he likes it, and I know several Pokémon fans in their twenties.

jynx
October 30th, 2005, 08:16 AM
well i turned 15 on 10th september and i still like pokemon, now is this stupid or child-ish, i mean i feel stupid cause im prob the only 15 year old who still likes pokemon. what do you all think is it stupid?
The surveys running in $erebii.net actually comes to a result of the average age of Pokemon players is 17.xxx

Whilst being average 16 in Hong kong Pokemon Alliance, Modal being 14 followed closely by 18.

University students playing Pokemon are becoming more and more common in Hong Kong.
Hong kong's next Pokemon tournament will take place in "City University".

You really shouldn't be worrying about your age.
If you like it, just play it.
Don't stop playing because you feel embarassed.

Tsugaru
October 30th, 2005, 08:54 AM
on the site in my sig*pokecorner* there is a 32 year who adores it and she works and makes the games and we have all seen photos to prove she is awesome! so trust me 15 aint wrong^^

Chiru
October 30th, 2005, 09:28 AM
If it makes you feel better, I'm 25. :)

You're not childish, anyone who is rude to you due to your tastes is the childish one.

True, very true ^^.

I'll be 14 in about two weeks and I've liked Pokemon since it came out. I don't scream that I like it from the tops of buildings or anything, but if the topic comes up I'll admit that I like it. Yes, sometimes people make fun of me for it, but they're the immature ones.

Chibi-chan
October 30th, 2005, 09:38 AM
*blink* I still like Pokemon. I highly doubt I'll ever forget one of the first 150. It was like something programmed into my head when it was popular. Some think it's stupid only because little kids play it also. Hmph. Well, Pokemon still rulz for meh ^-^

eX.A.K.R.
October 30th, 2005, 09:56 AM
I'm 18 and I'm still liking Pokémon, and with the exception of a few years in between (when Digimon completely took over me), I have not stopped liking it since the age of 11. I'm not afraid to tell people that I like Pokémon; I wear my Pokémon t-shirt out, and everybody can clearly see it with their own eyes; once, after I brought a Pokémon publication, I went to the library to read some international newspapers. I placed the carrier with that publication inside on the table in the reading longue, in such a way that people could see it's contents. I didn't really care what other people might think of me; it's their own opinion. They can even mock at or laugh at me; I simply don't care about the contorted opinions of such people and just brush it off.

I once saw a group of teenagers (around my age) playing the Pokémon card game, and they were opening discussing strategies and such. In Japan, a survey revealed that 35.7% of Pokémon fans (in Japan, at least) were from the 13 to 15 age group, and 2.1% of them were aged 20 or above (fans aged 16 to 19 made up 9.6%) (I got these figures from that Pokémon publication I was talking about earlier, an offical publication). All these (plus the fact that there are quite a lot of members aged between 13 to 19 here, including myself) prove that Pokémon is not something childish or stupid; I see it as something that has mass appeal across ages, from children to adults. It's people who only can see the children group of the auidence, or just see only the surface of things, that think that Pokémon is childish and stupid.

DoomKitty
October 30th, 2005, 10:58 AM
heyyyy i'm 18 and i like pokemon tuu XD liked it ever since i was 10, yup ^-^ lots of people say i'm immature for my age but i don't care! besides, i thought 15 was a normal age for playing pokemon? oO;

Sharky
October 30th, 2005, 12:58 PM
there's nothing wrong with liking pokemon, im 15 as well and i like pokemon and if anyone teases you for liking it then ignore them cos they are being childish (pokemon is cool)

Supreme Edgeboy Max
October 31st, 2005, 01:04 AM
Meh, I'm 14 and I love Pokemon. When I'll be 15 I'll still love Pokemon.

Even when I'm old and wrinkly I won't have time for it, but I'LL LOVE POKEMON!

=P There's nothing bad about it. Laugh all the idiots away who say Pokemon is for kids.

Cybex Mewtwo
October 31st, 2005, 05:24 AM
Well, I've been with pokemon since the start, and now I'm 19 years of age. ^^ I will always be a pokemon fan now ad forever. ^^

Samurai X
October 31st, 2005, 07:51 PM
Hey I take direct offense to that xd

No but really, Pokemon is for everybody not just for little kids, me and my friend still play it and when someone says something about it I just say something back or ignore them.

Karasuma
October 31st, 2005, 08:11 PM
Don't get mad, get glad. My Gramps plays Pokemon, and he's like 70. 0_0
Of course I do help him, sometime^^;

Psyduck
October 31st, 2005, 08:27 PM
I am one of the older people here at 20, 21 in about 2 weeks who still loves pokemon.

coachwhipneoship
November 1st, 2005, 07:00 AM
*cough* I'm 18.....I still love Pokmon...and I probably always will. ^~

DR.MUNCHLAX
November 1st, 2005, 08:44 AM
I have been playing Pokemon since it came out and will continue to play it. I will be turning seventeen in sixteen days and I have never had a thought that Pokemon was childish, everyone has there own intrest, some people respect what others like and so do not its just the way people are but don't ever give up something you like because other people look down upon you. Hope this helps you.

DR.MUNCHLAX

CyBeastSaber
November 1st, 2005, 01:03 PM
Pokemon Freak here since whenever. I know almost everything about pokemon. ALMOST!. Like types and move types and other small stuff. Pokemon Lover!!!!! I ain't denying it too.

Sniff sniff. What I really miss is head-to-head battles on the gameboy. Sniff. No one plays me because they think I'm too powerful. Class of '07!!!!!!!!!!! Go go go. (Sorry for the spam.) :P

Yuna-chan
November 1st, 2005, 02:00 PM
Im almost 16 and I still like pokemon, im not extremely crazy about it like I was when I was 10, but still I'll play the games in public, if anyone says anything I just tell em to go straight to hell.

Enix-Zae
November 1st, 2005, 03:31 PM
I'm 17, and turning 18 next February

gah, copycat....

anyway, i still like pokemon and have ever since pokemon blue came out. I was 10 at the time i think...

but anyway, some parts of it are childish, but the core elements are what i like about the games.

Memory
November 1st, 2005, 04:09 PM
hey i am fifteen, and i have pokefriends who are 21. we all love pokemon! its not childish! its just different people have a taste for different things.

Neo Android
November 12th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Ya i know what you all mean its great that there are so many people older than me, who still like pokemon, but i had a problem yesterday i was about to buy a pokemon product
(it was emerald and a chronicle episodes) but i went to pay for it, but i got some very rude and ingornat glances at me, and i even got asked how old are you, and you still like Pokemon at 15? and i said its none of ur business but it is kinda upsetting for that to happen in the middle of a shop.

Crystal Clair
November 12th, 2005, 04:41 PM
If it makes you feel even better, there's this kid in my math class who wore a Pokemon shirt and revealed his obsession to the whole class. We're kinda friends now.
Honestly, I dont care if I'm almost 16 and still obsessed in a "kiddy" anime, as long as I have fun.

Natsuki
November 12th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Nah, I turned 16 on Monday and I still enjoy Pokemon. ^__________^ Pokemon just seems to be one of those things that almost anyone can enjoy for a long time. X3 I'm not as nuts about it as I used to be, but I still like to talk about it. ^o^ So no, I don't think it's stupid, it's perfectly normal. I mean, the average age for people on this forum who still like Pokemon appears to be about 15 anyways. XD

~Kelsey

Icelilly
November 12th, 2005, 05:20 PM
No way. You're not stupid. My friend is 15 and she still likes Pokemon. Me, I'm 14 and I still love Pokemon.

Synchronize
November 12th, 2005, 05:37 PM
15 and 16 year olds dominate the game. We're just good like that ;)
13 and 14 year olds come right behind us, but tend to be a bit less mature on NetBattle

Bomberman
November 12th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Ya i know what you all mean its great that there are so many people older than me, who still like pokemon, but i had a problem yesterday i was about to buy a pokemon product
(it was emerald and a chronicle episodes) but i went to pay for it, but i got some very rude and ingornat glances at me, and i even got asked how old are you, and you still like Pokemon at 15? and i said its none of ur business but it is kinda upsetting for that to happen in the middle of a shop.
Dude that really sucks. If it happened to me I'd be like, ..... Well I can't think of anything right now but it'd be a straight-out awesome comeback :D
When I was buying Leaf Green the guy was just like.... "uh, yeah, OK..." but that's the worst I've ever gotten.

jasonresno
November 13th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I'm 16 and I still play around with pokemon stuff. The games mostly. if the show is on I'll watch it.

Fury of Ninetales
November 13th, 2005, 06:02 PM
evrybody has basically said what i'm gonna say but because pokemon to some adults is dubbed a "childish" game because some pokemon look very 'cute' and 'cuddly' such as pikachu and others while they never saw pokemon like groudon and houndoom. These adults tell their kids that they think pokemon is childish and those kids make fun of teenage pokemon lovers like u and i. being teased because of liking pokemon is from adults who misunderstand what pokemon is truly like.

sonicty28
November 13th, 2005, 11:10 PM
heh im 21 and still like pokemon, so does my girlfriend. I have played it ever since it came out.

Bagheera
November 15th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Ive liked pokemon since I was 6, and I'm 14 now. I don't feel bad about it, but only my close friends know of my obsession, and they mostly all like pokemon too, so I don't get hassled. But I don't think it's wierd.

EvilDunsparce
November 16th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Don't fuss over it, a couple years back a teacher of mine had a gameboy color with pokemon crystal in it!

Gaaradon Of The Dessert
November 16th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Ive liked pokemon since i was in 2nd grade im in 8th grade now, but i kind of stop liking it for a while then i got back in to it.

Keitaro
November 17th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Isn't this like the ‘same’ topic from like 2-3 years ago? because honestly over the past while I always find people asking am I too old to do this and that? I seriously do remember this topic being brought up when PC first opened, and I can remember posting on like 2-3 other ones over the years. You'd think people would take a hint in this verbal generation that no one should be concerned about age unless it's something that should actually be taken into consideration especially if you think you’re too old because you’re never too old to watch programming on television and if you think that way well you’re only limiting your freedom.

If it makes everyone feel better, 'old people' created Pokemon so what's so wrong about viewing their work at a certain age unless you’re too young? It's not like triple x or something that actually matters with age but again being honest I find it comical to listen to people say something like this then get pages and pages of responses.

Drifblim
November 17th, 2005, 06:29 AM
And you have people at ages above nineteen that are enthusiasts, too. I'm seventeen, and I've had to endure criticism for being a Pokmon enthusiast, but I myself am happy that there are people that also have that problem and are willing to open up about it and sometimes even are lauded for liking it!

There is no problem with being 15 and liking it. I'm 17.

RaikouRider243
November 18th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I'm going on 18 and I've been playing Pokmon ever since Red Version came out in the US. I like it for what it is, not some fad.

Some person yells out "Pokmon SUCKS ***!!!" at me, and I tell them "Who the **** cares?!"

Super_Lawliet
November 18th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I'm going on 18 and I've been playing Pokmon ever since Red Version came out in the US. I like it for what it is, not some fad.

Some person yells out "Pokmon SUCKS ***!!!" at me, and I tell them "Who the **** cares?!"

I second you on that RaikouRider. I'm 17 now, and have loved Pokemon since it first came out. lol life is funny

Smarties-chan
November 19th, 2005, 12:44 AM
I have been a pokemon fan since I was 7 and I don't think my obsession will go away in three years, I actualy don't think my obsession will ever fade away.

Dee Trier
November 19th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Well i'm 17 and i still like pokemon. Some of friend also like pokemon. My sister always laugh me because of that but i'm ignore her

Yupp
November 19th, 2005, 06:11 AM
There is no age restriction to Pokemon. Its just that modern teenagers tend to associate Pokemon to children and they think it is childish. That is called peer pressure and you should not submit to it! We all have our own views and some people may like Pokemon until their old, and some may hate it even at the age of 6.

y2kash
November 19th, 2005, 05:23 PM
i'm 17 and i play during school...in fact, it's becoming a trend around school now to have ROMs going on our computers...It's a good game

MewMagicianChi
November 19th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I still play it.
I sold Ruby and Sapphire after I played them a bazillion times.
Now I'm waiting for the new Gameboy ones to come out.:D

BTW: How do you type this ( ) on your key bord? I just copyed and pasted that, but I want to know how you type it with out copying it.

pokejungle
November 19th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I'm 16...and I'm the president of a pokemon forum ;D

Verbal abuse...no one knows I like pokemon o.o I don't have strong enough self esteem for that~ XD

Squeegee Beckenheim
November 20th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Verbal abuse...no one knows I like pokemon o.o I don't have strong enough self esteem for that~ XD
That is basically me in a nutshell. None of the people I come in contact IRL on a daily basis know I like Pokemon, except for family of course. I don't have strong enough self esteem for that either, but remember it is none of their business.

Team-Aqua-Admin
November 20th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I'm 14 and I absolutly love Pokemon! Though, I'm one of the very few in my school who still like it......^_^

guitarist24
November 20th, 2005, 11:02 PM
im 15 and don't like pokemon. in my opinion i'd see others my age playing pokemon games and consider them childish, but thats just my opinion. if you get insulted for doing so, just ignore it. if someone insulted me for playing guitar in rock band, i sure as hell wouldn't stop.
pete

Neo Android
November 21st, 2005, 09:44 AM
I see well it seems like im the only person in my school who likes it, but i dont care now. I mean my cousin who is 19, i have started getting him back into pokemon, and he has one of the strongest teams on emerald, gosh he is so hard to beat XD, but he said to me about a week, he forgot ow much fun it was.

And thanks for all your comments they mean alot ^^

- Lone Eevee

Silon
November 22nd, 2005, 07:49 PM
Note to all people worried about being 'childish'.

Pokemon, aswell as many other childhood TV shows/games, will all stay in our lives forever. This is because we grew up with them, and learned from them. Our childhood being formed around fun and crazy shows/games. I just say that it's my childhood, and in which shouldn't be taken away or forgotten about. So to my final remarks, I hope none of you have negative thoughts about ones childish behaviour. x)

-- Silon --

Kaneda Morspeed
November 22nd, 2005, 07:53 PM
I am 17, and I still like Pokemon. I don't hide it either. I just tell everyone that I enjoy the more complex non-kiddie side of it. The hard-core Gamer part of it... :p

pokejungle
November 22nd, 2005, 08:04 PM
That is basically me in a nutshell. None of the people I come in contact IRL on a daily basis know I like Pokemon, except for family of course. I don't have strong enough self esteem for that either, but remember it is none of their business.
My family knows too~

Except my sister teases me XD But I really don't care about that >P

nick-xx
November 23rd, 2005, 02:18 AM
Its not a child-ish nor stupid. Because this is a japanese manga (like more childshis) but the characters has a mental very adult and pratically all the jpa. manga has a moral note!!!

Eirikr
November 23rd, 2005, 06:12 PM
Iam 17 and let it go from obssession to anger, but reilized who the bleep do these people think they are persicuting people because of what they like, pokemon got me through a few hard times(No that IS pathetic)

Super Typhlosion
November 26th, 2005, 02:24 AM
I'll never forget the day in 1998 when i caught mewtwo on blue... Oh how pokemon will never die age means nothing how dare you think that, Pokemon for life (>0_o)>

Edit: It was with an ultra ball aswell. \m/!