PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that Pokemon has Magic.

brotlov
November 2nd, 2005, 12:15 AM
Well my mum says that it does but i strongly oppose to that, so i think no!

kohei
November 2nd, 2005, 01:25 AM
I think the powers Pokemon posses are not magical powers, but powers the Pokemon are born with.

It just looks like magical powers to us humans, since we cannot do what Pokemon can do, hence grouping it in the "magical powers" category.

THIRTY-SIX
November 2nd, 2005, 01:33 AM
pokemon are magical beings thats why they are always being researched

Squeegee Beckenheim
November 2nd, 2005, 03:33 AM
Pokemon are not like spellcasting witches and wizards which is magic. However, Pokemon are magical just like when Mars is in its peak in the sky. They are magical little beings. Make believe little beings.

Kylie-chan
November 2nd, 2005, 10:41 PM
This is evidently regarding Pokémon in general. Thus it's being +MOVED+ to Pokémon General. D:

Supreme Edgeboy Max
November 2nd, 2005, 10:49 PM
Meh, Pokemon is not magical to me. I believe they are physical creatures in their world of existence.
Well, thats it. Even Ghastly and those "gas" Pokemon, they're physical because they have an animal-like form.

Kaiyori
November 4th, 2005, 02:16 AM
maybe but not really nothing magical bout them but i don't disrespect you in anyway

Eon-Rider
November 4th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Some... like Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam +obvious+

Light_Azumarill
November 4th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I believe they are quite magical in some respects (as stated, psychic pokemon, a Starmie using Thunderbolt, I mean, WTF?). And I don't see anything wrong with them being magic either. Magical pokemon = not real = fake = make-believe = it can never happen. People need to open their eyes to see what the difference is between real and unreal or surreal. I mean really now. -_-

Samurai X
November 4th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I don't think they have magical powers but just powers, like a superhero has super powers.

Edit: I think Jirachi might have magical powers.

SleepyGomamon
November 4th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Anything that can't be explained by science can be labelled 'magical'. In the pokemon universe, I'm sure researchers probably have at least some explanation for pokemon related things that we don't. (After all, we can't exactly examine an Abra's brain to see what lets it teleport, but scientists in the pokemon world can.)

Miss Reyna
November 4th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Some pokemon must use some sort of magic like Jirachi and Celibii. They seem to have tjat magical arua atound them.

Some just have strange ways where we think they are magical but Abra and the others psychic are just psychics like humans are.

scolari
November 4th, 2005, 11:10 PM
have u ever thought pokemon dont exist ... so no powers its a video game sorry to ruin the fun

Sammi
November 5th, 2005, 05:46 AM
But it's still fun to discuss =P

I don't think they are. All of their powers don't seem magical to me at all. It all seems explainable to me.

Light_Azumarill
November 5th, 2005, 07:14 AM
But... come on! How can a Geodude use say Rock Throw in a gym with no rocks around? The rocks have to come from somehwere... Or how about Hyper Beam? How can you honestly explain how a pokemon can generate that much energy and power from seemingly nowhere? Also the endless stream of water that pours out of a Mudkip; how? Mudkip's teeny and the amount of water coming out of it is WAY more than its body size. It ain't sucking up that much water from the air around it or anything. Or how about how a Gengar using Shadow Ball? Shadow Ball's explainable?! Come on... I just don't think so.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
November 5th, 2005, 08:50 AM
That's 'cause the Pokemon have physical adaptions to create their attacks. How do you know a Pokemon ain't throwing rocks from its body, or how do you know there's no organs in a Pokemon's mouth for Hyper Beam? Same goes for Mudkip.. well, when you teach it another attack that does not use the organ (eg. replacing Water Gun with uh.... Mud Slap), the organ goes to "sleep" until its waken up again probably.

Natsuki
November 5th, 2005, 08:53 AM
I don't think they necessarily have magic powers or anything. ^^; They each have their own set of techniques and attacks to defend themselves - much like any living creature does. But I can't really think of any Pokemon that uses pure magic to attack and whatnot. X3

To use magic is to convert ones thought into reality, as one way to define it. So I guess Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam come to mind there. But they're more "psychics" than anything else. XD

~Kelsey

Trikip
November 5th, 2005, 02:36 PM
This is interesting. A magic type Pokemon would be very neat.

Chiru
November 5th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I consider Pokemon to be more of a science fiction-ish thing than actual magic. The legendaries may have some form of supernatural power, but I wouldn't nessacarily consider it "magic". And psychic pokemon have psychic powers.

Light_Azumarill
November 5th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I suppose we need a proper definition of magic then. And who's to say that using Hyperbeam is from a specialized organ and not a conversion of thought? It's something that has never been properly discussed in the games/anime/manga. At least not to my knowledge. So all we can really do is speculate about possible explanations; and magic is one that seems just as likely as any other. I agree, there are some pokemon that could probably use their bodies to make their attacks. You have to admit though, some of the pokemon attacks just wouldn't be physically possible. XD

Jeremy
November 5th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Sweeties, the answer is so simple! =3 Let me prove it in this simple equation! =3

386 + 4x/-78 X 34^64 + 63[54(544/543)]^2 + 22/7 X 8.5337804795o7429834470753 + -64837935743073497539 35643694365965 697497430739478^470234804370438u359643u4494(59364974987327497
978404385074038320740757058735[85035734287955785597549704(76587
965753^455 + 6535)86985] + 68940840/6424234 X 85308953-853 = Magic!

Plain and simple! X3

XD

Anyway, certain Pokmon (expcially Lengdaries) posess supernatural powers. Others are just techniques Pokmon already born with.
Pikachu, for example, is born wth an abilitiy to use it's bio-electricity as an attack...and uhh...I lost my point, sweeties. XD

Supreme Edgeboy Max
November 6th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Heh, they say it releases electric energy from its cheek-pouches in a lot of places. Well, that's one proof that its an ORGAN being used to use Electric attacks. =P

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
November 6th, 2005, 01:23 AM
yer it must be a reaction in the body... yer... anywawy pokemon hgets peoplem hyped up like when ever a theme tune form the pokemon episodes are on the gameboy i get all excited and stuff.

Light_Azumarill
November 6th, 2005, 06:31 AM
It's okay, you don't have to put 'organ' in all caps you know... I already agreed that the organ thing was completely possible. I merely said that on some pokemon magic was just as plausible. XD But I certainly agree about the cheek thing with Pikachu; I believe they mentioned something about it in the breeding center episode with Suzie. Yeah, when Ash was massaging Pikachu.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
November 6th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Yup!

Well, then there's the known fact about humans. A person can sing if they're vocal cord is adapted well enough for it. People who don't sing, or people who've stopped singing, usually would find singing tough. That's 'cause their vocal cords and all un-adapts.

Now compare that to a Pokemon.
Human becomes a Mudkip, and vocal cord becomes the organish thingy that produces water. Once taught a different move, the organ un-adapts to using Water Gun for a while, until it is taught again.

METALX
November 13th, 2005, 11:36 AM
well i would say no because i dont really care if they are magical or not but i just like the game, still i say no because i think they are unique beings but not in a certain magical way.

Abskull
November 13th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Hmm... that's a good question. I don't really know the answer though. Maybe. Pokemon are a different sort of speicies than animals. So I would say yes and no. Because they electracute their own kind... what animal can do that? But it's almost like an evolution to normal animals.

Nedrag Terces12
November 13th, 2005, 01:42 PM
hmm, i doubt so, it's really like the pokemon's talent to do whatever they do. I mean it's not magic that some person is naturally better at playing soccer than another-it's their natural born ability

jc_rcw
November 13th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Well pokemons do use magic in a kind of weird way since they make the attack come out of nowhere.

sonicty28
November 13th, 2005, 11:12 PM
depends on how you define magic. Magic in the sense of RPG magic are usually things like fier and water attacks meaning yes. But pokemon naturally have these abilities so I am not sure.

Charizard_Fire_God
November 17th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Indeed, when it comes ta ghost-types, it is explanable. Tch, but when it comes ta Psychic powers, those are purely paranormal. So I guess it all comes down ta one thing -- wether or not you consider tha paranormal as being magical. Personally, I think it is.

Harthos
November 17th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I've always thought of it as more a sci-fi thing, than a fantasy thing; kinda like X-men I guess; for them, unlike most superheroes, etc, there's a scientific explaination for them.