PDA

View Full Version : Favorite pokemon element/type

Nedrag Terces12
November 2nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
idk if there's a thread like this out there(if so, close this one at will) but what're your guy's favorite type of pokemon? I'd say either dragon or psychic, since they're like, the strongest types will fewer weaknesses. Also since latias and latios are dragon/psychic types(unless my sources deceive me o_O)

EDIT:woops, forgot the poll...

Sammi
November 2nd, 2005, 03:18 PM
I like Psychic Pok&#233;mon. They're pretty strong, and I love psychic powers <3
Have you seen Mewtwo Strikes Back? It's completely awesome. ^^
After that, I would probably have to say ice. The moves are really fun, and ice Pok&#233;mon are pretty awesome as well.

mewtwo in armour
November 3rd, 2005, 04:20 AM
i like fire and psychic lol cas they quite powerfull if u train them right

Cybex Mewtwo
November 3rd, 2005, 05:16 AM
Dark = Sneasel. nuff said. ^^

Steel = Registeel. Nuff said. ^^

Ghost = Misdrevous. Nuff said. ^^

Psychic = Mewtwo. He is powerful, and this was my first type favorite.

ashley03
November 3rd, 2005, 05:45 AM
my favorite types would b

dark
fire &
water

fishyfins
November 4th, 2005, 02:12 AM
grass, grass all the way, nothing can beat grass, grass is strong....wait a mo....is that a charmander you have....awww %&$&#163;^#

Eon-Rider
November 4th, 2005, 02:16 AM
My favourites are psychic and dark. Too awesome...

Sharky
November 4th, 2005, 10:01 AM
my favourite pokemon type is water because they're cool

Kotowari
November 5th, 2005, 09:45 AM
My favorite type is fire: they're almost unbeatable and so cool
Dark Pok&#233;mon are strong too.
Let's see...hm, water, electric, dragon
they all rule

pokejungle
November 5th, 2005, 10:08 PM
GRASS! You should've been able to tell from the green font ;D

Gokey Shuckle
November 5th, 2005, 11:50 PM
I love Bug and Psychic Types. Shuckles are bugs. Bugs rule. ^^

My favorite Psychic Pokemon are Jynx, Alakazam, and Ralts.

Peach
November 6th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Water and Normal type <3
Those are really cute and also strong Pok&#233;mons

The Angel of Darkness
November 6th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Fire and Psychic! I love fire and psychic Pokemon (well, basically Alakazam) are brilliant against most types of Pokemon!

Shiny Meganium
November 6th, 2005, 12:51 AM
I like grass and fire types.

Natsuki
November 6th, 2005, 10:10 AM
My favorite Pokemon element is probably Grass. :33 Although some of my more favorite Pokemon are of different types, I just like the grass type's personalities and attacks better than other types like Fire or Ice. ^o^ Plus, I've always adored the Grass type starters from the three generations. 8D

~Kelsey

dqle
November 6th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Battle-wise, I'd have to say my favorite type is Water. Most Water Pok&#233;mon can learn a very large variety of other type moves. Psychic-types, I think, are too overated...

I also like Electric-types, since they, like Normal-types, have only one weakness. Unfortunately, most Electric-types have weak Defense...

flashfox
November 6th, 2005, 04:38 PM
For me, I just seem to like Fire types and Dragon types.

*is a huge fan of dragonite and ninetales*

*is sad that ninetales isn't fire/psychic*

Simmons_2.0
November 6th, 2005, 04:54 PM
My favorite types are Water and Psychic. I like Psychic because they are so strong and water cause they are just plain cool.

Bluestar Jet
November 6th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Psychic=Gardover
Dragon=Dragonair
Steel=Rucario
Fire=Houndoom

Kylie-chan
November 9th, 2005, 01:30 AM
...<_< Stupid PC ate my post. Rather, FireFox did.

---

Ooh, as I was saying. XP Ky Ky likes Water Pokmon! <3 She is very partial to Pokmon such as Azumarill and Squirtle. 8D But Ky Ky's favourite ish Milotic. :3 She also likes Flying Pokmon. Call me crazy, but wouldn't you like to be a bird, flying so elegantly in the wind? ...XP So, Ky Ky likes Flying Pokmon, too! ^_~ Also, she likes Ice Pokmon, because... well... I have no reason. <<;

Jude Mathis
November 9th, 2005, 06:02 AM
I like fire Pokemon the best, because fire is awesome, and alot of my favorite pokemon happen to be fire types.

Shirt_Guy_Dom
November 9th, 2005, 08:36 AM
I like water, fire, and electric types.

devilicious
November 9th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Bug/Insect. A Type that very few like, a Type long underated. Until Ninjask came out, and suddenly everyone started using Heracrosses, Armaldos, Scizors... But I think Insect Pokmon are the most intersting of all.

After Bug, I'd say Flying. Same reason from above, anyway.

Torchic_and_Pichu
November 12th, 2005, 07:38 AM
All types. But, my favourites are Thunder (Electric), Fire, Dark, Psychic, and Water.

jc_rcw
November 12th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Well my favorite type is water, and they're really good in battles XD

Charaxes
November 12th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I agree with Deviru, but I say Dark types as top tier. One being a counter to the ubiquitous whining of the Psychic overtypes in R/B/Y and a Pokemon type besides Poison to be used by the Rockets as all but one would be used by them in the course of the serieses.

Which is why I loathe anime episodes where the Darks whomp the Rockets. Just annoys.

charizard_maa
November 12th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Fire, Ghost, and Poison.

Fire becasue my favorite pokemon is that type.

Ghost becasue they are like so cool and everybody else are into Psychics and Darks. They may have like some of the screw up stats in the world but they a cool type.

Poison because they could be the storgest tyep there is. Slow death. Fast Death by Toxic. Stay alive long to watch them faint. Some like Nidoqueen and Nidoking are good. Its a shame they are consider the weakest.

MistMermaid
November 13th, 2005, 02:04 AM
i like fire types yhey r cool

Icelilly
November 13th, 2005, 06:05 AM
I like pretty much all the types except for Dark and Poison. But the Nidorans are the only poison type I like.

Alter Ego
November 13th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Favourite type...hmm, that's a tough one. I usually tend to prefer certain pokmon rather than certain types, I'm afraid I can provide you with no less than three favourites;

Ghost; Immune to both Fighting and Normal attacks and only two weaknesses, plus a lot of them are really strong and they learn sneaky moves like Will-O-Wisp, Spite, and Pain Split which I love to torment my opponents with. ^^ Besides, they're really cute, particularly Haunter and Banette (It's kind of ironic actually, I used to think Banette was scary XD).

Bug; A hugely underestimated type. A lot of them have a great deal of potential, take Shuckle for instance, enough defenses to make a grown sweeper cry in frustration. Another thing I like about Bug types is that most of them (Heracross and Scizor being perhaps two exceptions) require a good, working strategy in battle. Shuckle is of course my all time favourite of these, but I've recently begun liking Yanma and Forretress too.

Dark: I loved this type ever since I spotted that irresistable immunity to psychic attacks during my first playthrough in Silver. As we all know, psychic types, particularly Mewtwo Alakazam, held an unquestionably dominant position in the R/B/Y games. It was just too much fun when I fought against Arty and his oh-so-powerfull level 78 Alakazam in a link battle and it turned out that it couldn't do anything to my little Houndour. XD Besides, there are a lot of cool pokmon in this type, like Houndoom, Umbreon, and Absol.

Overall, I tend to prefer the types that learn lots of moves for counter attacking or whittling away the opponent's strength rather than just straight out physical mashing (Fighting types I despise, *Spitts*), Grass (Leech Seed and lots of powders ^^), Water (Mirror Coats galore), and Steel (I looove that poison immunity, and that bunch of resistances rules too) are also types that I prefer. Nowadays, I tend to avoid using Fighting types (As I said, I despise them) and the same usually goes for Psychics, mostly because I'm sick of every second legendary pokmon I run into being either fully or partly Psychic. <_< Come on, where's the Bug/Dragon legendary people? XD

[Technya]
November 13th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Mine are the following...
Dark
Steel
Dragon
Ice
Electric
Poison
Ghost
Fire

Charizard_Fire_God
November 13th, 2005, 10:08 AM
In order:
Dragon
Dark
Fire

Eh... tch, I SOOOO Wish pkmn could have 3 types...

sonicty28
November 13th, 2005, 11:09 PM
colorless for ditto!!! he can be any of them

Salamence1992
November 21st, 2005, 02:58 PM
ok I'd say Dragon. They're cool, are strong and, well... yeah.

Nedrag Terces12
November 21st, 2005, 03:58 PM
if a pokemon is dragon, shouldn't it automatically also be either fire or ice or lightning and such? i mean, when you say "dragon" you usually think of fire and flying, unless otherwise specified. like when i look at dragonite, it looks like a flying/dragon/thunder to me. dragonair looks like a dragon/ice or water.

nick-xx
November 23rd, 2005, 05:19 AM
I like the psychic, ghost and the dragon, and the new types dark, ...

Psychopathic Canine
November 23rd, 2005, 12:47 PM
The Shadow of Doom overwhelmes those who underestimate the power of the dark type!

Chiru
November 23rd, 2005, 01:05 PM
My overall favorite type is Dark (*huggles Sneasel*), followed by Ice and Water.

Ash&pikachuarethebest
November 25th, 2005, 04:13 AM
hi i am max and i was looking for a good topic to join and i thought this was the best one yet, my best type is dark and dragon and legendary pokemon

RedGyarados
December 1st, 2005, 07:27 PM
fire of course

mew2_v1
December 10th, 2005, 10:14 AM
my fave pokemon type is Dark and Psychic

Jude Mathis
December 10th, 2005, 10:28 AM
uuum... this is kinda hard, but I think I like Fire types the best, alot of my favorite Pokemon are Fire.... not too fond of it in real life...but Fire Pokemon pwn.

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~
December 10th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I have quite the ideal for Dark Pokemon, especially Umbreon and Houndoom. They're cool, they're good-looking, and they even have unstoppable moves that can defeat Psychic and Ghost. I'd have to say, it makes a difference when Dark was added as a new Type.

Dragonite Tamer
December 11th, 2005, 01:38 AM
It's got to be fire or dragon for me.

Rhykasho
December 11th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Dark type for the win baby, I luv them soo much ^^
2nd place goes to de_Dragons and trailing behind in 3rd is Water

Iveechan
December 12th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Overall, I tend to prefer the types that learn lots of moves for counter attacking or whittling away the opponent's strength rather than just straight out physical mashing (Fighting types I despise, *Spitts*), Grass (Leech Seed and lots of powders ^^), Water (Mirror Coats galore), and Steel (I looove that poison immunity, and that bunch of resistances rules too) are also types that I prefer. Nowadays, I tend to avoid using Fighting types (As I said, I despise them) and the same usually goes for Psychics, mostly because I'm sick of every second legendary pokmon I run into being either fully or partly Psychic. <_< Come on, where's the Bug/Dragon legendary people? XD

Fighting Pokemon require a strategy too. They don't just "mash" -_-;. I really hate people who despise Fighting Pokemon for stupid reasons.

Well, my favorite types are Fighting, Grass, and Fire. I'm also partial to Poison and Dark. Dark types I like not as much because they're associated with Umbreon, one of the most over-rated Pokemon ever. I like the darkies like Cacturne, Shiftry, and Sableye. More for looks than battle prowess. Of course, my favorite Pokemon of all is Hitmonchan.

Intuition
December 12th, 2005, 10:56 AM
My favorite types are dark and fire:)

Recknin
December 12th, 2005, 01:07 PM
dark:because of umbreon
steel:steelix*some nasty atacks)
thats it