PDA

View Full Version : Need an Opinion

daKING115
March 2nd, 2004, 08:37 PM
As many of you know, a company over in Singapore known as Chuang Yi comics translated Japanese mangas into English. I stumbled upon teh site and was overjoyed to find translated versions of Pokemon Adventures that Viz had not done (meaning they continued it past the Yellow Saga).

I felt the sudden urge to purchase, but then I held back. And I wondered...was it worth it? I know that sometimes the english translations can be a bit sketchy.

So I wanna know...are these Mangas worth buying? Are they well translated (do the words flow together right and is the storyline easy to find out)?

As you can see I'm a very cautious buyer. I usually don't buy something until I'm sure its worth being bought.

So if you have purchased mangas from this company...is it worth it?

NaVeR
March 2nd, 2004, 11:12 PM
not worth it....

my manga scans and translations will be on ps.tk soon so just be patient if you want to save money

Purin
March 5th, 2004, 03:03 AM
As many of you know, a company over in Singapore known as Chuang Yi comics translated Japanese mangas into English. I stumbled upon teh site and was overjoyed to find translated versions of Pokemon Adventures that Viz had not done (meaning they continued it past the Yellow Saga).

I felt the sudden urge to purchase, but then I held back. And I wondered...was it worth it? I know that sometimes the english translations can be a bit sketchy.

So I wanna know...are these Mangas worth buying? Are they well translated (do the words flow together right and is the storyline easy to find out)?

As you can see I'm a very cautious buyer. I usually don't buy something until I'm sure its worth being bought.

So if you have purchased mangas from this company...is it worth it?

You cannot purchase it if you are staying anywhere outside of Singapore, unless you come to the country to get it/get a friend from Singapore to buy and send it over.
However, the translations from 1-7 and book 10 onwards are generally all right. Book 8-9 were kind of badly edited, but the storyline flows all right.

Imakuni?
March 5th, 2004, 03:21 AM
NaVeR-> did u mean pokespecial.tk and when?

NaVeR
March 5th, 2004, 04:23 AM
NaVeR-> did u mean pokespecial.tk and when?

yes, as in purin's site, i hope to get some done over the weekend

daKING115
March 5th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Are you sure you can't purchase? I was at chuang yi and signed the guestbook, asking about the online purchasing system (which is down), and i mentioned I was plannin on buying, and my post said I was form teh US, and the guy who answer my question didn't seem to say anythin about that. Unless he thought I was comin over...or sumthing...

Well, Purin, is this where you got your comics from? I noticed on pokespecial.tk that u had the english versions of the gold/silver mangas. Did you get yours from Singapore?

Purin
May 3rd, 2004, 04:22 AM
I live in Singapore. That's how me and my friends get them ^_^