PDA

View Full Version : First paint art thingy.

Fox♠
November 8th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I always used paint to sprite, but then it struck me, why not draw with it aswell?

well here's my first piece.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/matt-crowe/Novsofar5.png

Esupio
November 8th, 2005, 12:08 PM
oh god this is hard :P

w00t w00t:

EDIT by FG: *link removed - please don't advertise your own art in other people's threads.* :)

--FG

Hinoshi-chan
November 8th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Hey Vaati, thats Preety cool! I like the style!

what are you using, a mouse or a graphics table? As I Fellow person who does the same kind of art, I wouldnt mind knowing

how long did it take you, and congratulations, its nifty ^^

Signomi
November 8th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Neheh, seen it already Matt. But that is some nice piece of work =3 Looks good, love the detail you did on the trees...your neck bothers me however XD But still, good work none of the less =3

EDIT: Blaze, that was spam, advertising that on his thread >>

Esupio
November 8th, 2005, 12:11 PM
:P

I can signomi there be no rule :P *shot* (matt:reloads)

matt knows what i think

Signomi
November 8th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Don't advertise your picture on his thread. Make your own if you want to show something. I consider that rude.

Anyway, Matt, you ought to do another one =3

EDIT: Blaze I think it's considered as 'Common sense' and 'Manners' to actually NOT advertise your work in his thread. That is still rude, you ought to know better.

Fox♠
November 8th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Blaze that was rather foolish of you.
Seto Girl, I used a good ol mouse, it took me around..hmm, I'm not sure to be honest, thank you for the comment though.
Signomi: Of course I'll do more, thank you for your comment and for sticking up for me ^^.

Esupio
November 8th, 2005, 12:24 PM
technically it wasn't advertizing I was ranting about my crap :P

Fox♠
November 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Technically you're spamming up my thread, please refrain from doing so, or I'll have to report you.

Signomi
November 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM
You posted your own picture in his thread, that's automatically considered 'Advertising'.

Anyways, I hope to see more work from you Matt =3 I really like this picture and the detail you added to it.

Esupio
November 8th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I thought the thread was something like Post your first paint drawing

Freenaturearts
November 8th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Anyway vaat ^^ Very good distinction in the texture and for paint that is very cool, I like the anotomy of the far off human and the trees really give it the look of a nice winters day or a place with large tree trunks. The mountains in the very back are well detailed with roads and is almost like a 3rd demention in a 2D drawing , like layoring ^^ Nice job and for a first drawing that was way to cool =D Mine was one tenth that good XD

DarkPegasus
November 8th, 2005, 12:38 PM
I like it! WoW it's soooooo cool! And I also like the mountains.

Esupio
November 8th, 2005, 12:40 PM
I'll give you an explanation for the mis understanding:

I have an asperge's syndrome, I usually mis-read things so, I mis understood the title to mean, Post your first paint thing here, with me being dyspraxic I make mistakes like this is common but I've never told many people on the internet about this meh

Signomi
November 8th, 2005, 12:43 PM
-rolls eyes- Blaze. Quit it. Let the matter go. No one asked you to explain yourself.

Silly me >.>; I never noticed the mountains in the background. Lol. Very nicely shaped, heh, I couldn't be able to do it any better ^.~ Nice work.

Freenaturearts
November 8th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Blaze =D I think we understand, everybody makes that Mistake ^^,even I did three times when I joined Maybe sometime it would be best to post one of those though o.o sounds inspiring.

And yeah Signomi =D It's kinda tucked away and for some reason I pointed it out XD I dunno I like nature lol
Hey I just noticed something o.o if you look closly at the clouds they kinda look like pony heads =D Very neat looking!

Fox♠
November 8th, 2005, 12:52 PM
So they do =P
Well, I'm like, now working on another one.
Thank you all for the comments.

Frostfur
November 8th, 2005, 01:00 PM
very very nice vaati. i like. the mountains are well shaped. i will like to see more!

Fox♠
November 8th, 2005, 01:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/matt-crowe/summer1.png

This is what I got so far for my next piece.

Signomi
November 8th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Wow oo; That looks good so far. The detail looks very nice already. I still like the look of the mountains behind XD Good work so far.

Esupio
November 8th, 2005, 01:07 PM
the church pwnz XD vaati's hair and head doesn't look right though

Fox♠
November 8th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Mind telling me how to improve it, if it's because he looks childish it's because it's meanta be before the way he looks now.

Esupio
November 8th, 2005, 01:12 PM
he looks feminime for some reason and he's mouning for the death of his parents or a friend I guess cause thats what the picture gives the idea of.

the eyes don't look right just two thin make them look wider but with the same exppression you might be on to something

Fox♠
November 8th, 2005, 01:14 PM
KK, but Vaati is a feminine character in apperance =P And I myself like the apperance of the eyes, it shows he's confused.

DarkPegasus
November 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM
The castle looks rushed... But the rest pwnzs!

Fox♠
November 8th, 2005, 01:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/matt-crowe/summer2.png

ZOMG update'd

and thank you for your thoughts.

(Still not done though)

Freenaturearts
November 8th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I love the drasticness of it ^^also reminds me of a old game I useta play on nintendo for some reason o.o but the face is nicely detailed again and the clouds all look like different things, I see the cross in the backround which could simulait this being a church scene =D nice job Vaat. I Really like the style ^^ so impacting. Your also very good with far away detail o.o would be cool to see you in a oekaki after a little more practice =D,not many can do great detail in the backing of their objects.

Fox♠
November 8th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks FNA, I still have quite a way to go with it though, it's sorta sposed to be in a desolent Graveyard near a small village with a castle/church not too far away, sorta like the setting or eel marsh manor in "the woman in black" if you've ever read/seen it.

DarkPegasus
November 8th, 2005, 01:28 PM
For some weird reason looks waaaay better! Can't wait to see more!

Overlord IX
November 8th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Hmmmm,not bad. The sketchyness makes it look ok. Quite original I must say. Good job!

Fox♠
November 9th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Thank you all, an update, I fixed the sun and added some things.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/matt-crowe/summer3.png

Valdorath
January 5th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Maybe some colors, that would pwn(sry bout your forum my friend was being an idiot when he came over to my house, no hard feelings)

Forest Grovyle
January 6th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Valdorath, you are not allowed to post in threads that have had over a month since their last post. I shall have to lock this thread now.

*locks*

--FG