PDA

View Full Version : Hogwarts Convention

Raichu Master
November 20th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Hogwarts Convention?

That's right, Hogwarts is hosting a convention in the summer, a few months before the new term. Here students (or soon to be students) come and learn the rules of Hogwarts, what it's like to be at Hogwarts. Basically it's a chance for the new students to make themselves at home with the hogwarts staff and students, so the don't feel quite as intimidated when they arrived at Hogwarts in the months to come.

This is a prelude to my upcoming Harry Potter RP, so that everyone can get their character profiles in, get to know the other characters, and also to see who doesn't need to be in the main RP. Basically this is part of the acceptance process, so treat this like a RP sample.

What to expect

The Hogwarts Convention takes place in Hogwarts where the students can tour the castle, meet the teachers, etc. Students and parents do not go by train, but by potkey which is mailed to their respective homes as means of a quick way to get to their destination.

Character Profile

Name:
Personality:
House: Please don't everyone pick one house or two try to spread it out. PM me to get this oked so I can make sure that characters are spread out.
Background: You may keep this breif since the whole point of the Convention is to let the other students know more about you.

:.~*Saix*~.:
November 20th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Name:Chris
Description:Has Tannish skin and wears a golden chain with a Fireball pendent on it,wears high top shoes(dunno why)and has a green afro
Personality:Wants To Be The Hero All The Time and is really lonely,he is looking for friends to hang out with and stuff,he is very brave,good at quiddich(sorta like Harry),knows lots of magic and stuff(sorta like Hermione)
House:Ravenclaw
Backround:True Blood,Father is a butler at The Leaky Cauldron in London,Mother is a traveller

Shadowfaith
November 20th, 2005, 05:42 AM
I love that this is only a prelude and that the real thing is still to come ^_^

Name: Rachel

Description: Rachel has mid length mousey coloured hair and emerald green eyes. Her skin is slightly tanned, but holds its fair share of scars from past accidents, and stand out more so against the golden skin of her body. She stands at around average height for an eleven year old girl, and has a thin and fragile frame, which makes her so vulnerable to cuts and bruises. Around her neck she wears a simple silver chain, with a dragon pendant clipped to its end, the same sort of jewellery wraps itself securely around her right wrist along with what seem to be leather bands.

Personality: Rachel is trouble waiting to happen. She is accident prone, but has grown so use to it, that it doesn’t bother her that much anymore, it doesn’t come as a surprise when she appears at school one day with a broken arm of a gash on her forehead. Being such a young and wild spirit, she doesn’t care for what the future has in store for her, and takes things as they come. She is bright in her knowledge of most subjects, but will only accomplish tasks if she feels up to them.

House: Gryffindor

Background: Rachel is a half blood, her father being a muggle and her mother being a witch. Her father insist that she be brought up in muggle surroundings until she reach the age of eleven when she would be attending Hogwarts, so the Wizarding world is somewhat new to her (though her mother did give her early lessons in spells when her father was at work). To sum it up, Rachel has lived a typical muggle life up until this moment, and is only now experiencing the full blow of the wizarding world.

Raichu Master
November 20th, 2005, 05:52 AM
BWW, you have to give more thought into your profile. I'm not going to play pety games, so you get one more chance. Something to the effect of Strider's is what I'm looking for.

SilverTail
November 20th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Name: stanlex sparrow
Description: 4 inch long brown hair, golden eyes tall for his age he was alway teased, but eventually got them back,

Personality: care free and easy going, a prankster like peeves, only alive, knows when hes taken it too far though, he will defend friends at cost of life

House: gryffendor

Background: i guess you can call him a half blood, father was a pure blood sqib(hes a squib in a pureblood family) and mum was a witch, his parents knew about the wizarding world, but he dosnt, they didnt know he had
powers untill his 10th birthday, when the magic started to appear

that good?

Chibi-chan
November 20th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Name: Bailey Higarins

Description: As a visual, she looks like Winry (http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fma20175qb.jpg) straight off. **God, I'm so lazy and horrible at writing descriptions x.x**

Personality: Bailey can be spaced out at times, but is normally she's just a calm and jaunty 'enjoying life' type of girl. She's laid back, but since she's spent most of her life around books, she's rather intelligent on the wizard world. She loves mystical beasts also. She's rather oblivious to the muggle world. She hates to get into fights and just likes keeping things at peace and predictable. She's not a good stress taker.

House:Ravenclaw

Background: Bailey is a true-blood, both of her parents are wizards. Her mother is an Auror and her father owns a wizard library. She's naive though in why some evil wizards to what they do, and her mother urges her to become and Auror like herself. She's been around wizards all her life and barely knows anything about muggles and finds all of there ways as strange.

Raichu Master
November 20th, 2005, 07:57 AM
NOTE: Ok since everyone wants to ignore me when I say
"Please don't everyone pick one house or two try to spread it out". Everyone must pm me to get my ok to be in a house since we all want to see to pick Gryffindor. So everyone who has been accepted or not, up to this point must pm me to be oked for the house they want.

Name: Andrew McCallans

Description: Andrew stands firm at an average for eleven years of age. He's lean, but not terribly skinny, since he tries to stay in shape because he plays a lot of sports and is very athletic. He can normally be seen wearing a blue muscle shirt and silver basketball shorts since he's a very talented basketball play for his age, and that's his main hobby. Andrew has shoulder length healthy well groomed brown hair that he usually pulls back into a ponytail which goes well with his bright emerald eyes.

Personality: Andrew as quick hands and an even quicker wit that gets him in trouble often. He's normally mild-manner and fun loving, but he has an explosive temper and gets violent when his temper rises. Since both of his parents are muggles, Andrew has absolutely no clue that he possesses magical powers, so when he gets his letter he is completely clueless. He had some hint that he may be abnormal in the muggle world since his mother and father's siblings were all wizards and witches, but he never gave it a thought that he may be magically inclined.

House: Hufflepuff

Background: Andrew was born and raise in an all muggle household. Up until his eleveth birthday he had no clue that he may even be a wizard. So it came as a great shock when he was accepted into Hogwarts and was invited to the Convention which his parents excitedly sent him off to. Fortunately he shared their excitement as he read further and was relieved to find that the there were instructions on how, what, and where to use a portkey.

Kurosaki
November 20th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Name: David Testarossa

Description: David has a hair colour which consists of a mix of red and brown, though the brown tends only to show more in the winter than any other time. As for his eyes, they're an oddity- his right eye is royal blue in colour, while the left eye is a light shade of brown. He is an inch or two taller than your average 11-year old boy, and often gets made fun of because of it, along with his eyes. David isn't exactly fat, nor is he skinny, he's at a comfortable weight in between. He generally attemps to wear his navy blue shirt and black shorts whenever he gets the opportunity, though his parents often make him wear something else. The only noted 'jewelry' he wears is the gold watch on his right wrist, that is in fact broken. Why he still wears it, is anyone's guess.

Personality: David is the kind of kid who has a strong sense of morals, he can easily identify right from wrong, and never participates in events that could get him into trouble. Aside from that, he has a tendancy to study a lot, which doesn't do justice for his dense personality, since he often forgets what he's been studying.

House: Ravenclaw

Background: David was raised in the wizarding world, yet he knows little about it compared to most kids his age. He lives with his family in a small mansion, where he is also confined and homeschooled. His family is very strict, and he's only been able to leave his home two or three times, limiting his knowledge to only what he's studied.

Raichu Master
November 20th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Good good good. Up Chibi...your link took me to the index, could you post the pic or send it to me or something. If not then I'm afraid you'll actually have to describe her.

Also note: Any future sign ups must pm me their house to be oked. David is ok though, lucky bum...got off lucky...

Still need Slytherin, and I suppose we can have a few more hufflepuff.

Here's the count thus far:

2 Gryfindor
2 Ravenclaw
1 Hufflepuff
0 Slytherin

Chibi-chan
November 20th, 2005, 08:55 AM
ick, descriptions x.x Well, the link should work now~
When will the RP start?

Mari
November 20th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Name: Hailey Fayt

Description: Tresses of yellowish russet hair falls down beside Hailey's chin and her eyes are a bright cerulean, with few wisps of crimson that are apparent only in the dark. She's a tad short for most people her age, almost always mistaken as someone younger, and has a rather dainty frame that makes her appear frail. She prefers wearing clothes that are loose and comfortable which are usually boys' clothes. She can also be found in short, knee-length overalls. And she often wears a silver dangling wristband; it has nine small stars serving as its pendant.

Personality: Nave and honest to a fault, Hailey is the best example for oblivious at its peak. She has this tendency to be loud and hyperactive; mostly everyone she knows wonders how much energy is crammed inside of her, and why it never wavers. She acts more like a child than anything else and is frequently seen asking about, say, four to five hundred questions…per day.

House: Hufflepuff

Background: Born in the muggle world, Hailey is utterly clueless in the area of wizarding and such. With both her parents deceased--her mother had died shortly after giving birth to her and her father had left the world out of depression--she was left with her older brother, who was now his caretaker.

Her brother was sent to Hogwarts when he was younger, and as Hailey was nearing eleven years of age, he decided that she should go as well. He, however, hadn't the chance to tell her of Hogwarts and how things go in the wizarding world.

Shiney
November 20th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Name: Robert Price

Description: Usually, he has short hair, with bloodshot brown eyes that have traces of green in them, and a medium tan from a vacation in hawaii. He's already tall for his age, and usually gives the imression of being much older than he is. This only applies most of the time, however.

Personality: Mostly a general good guy, but ambitious, and with a desire to prove himself the genius that he believes himself to be. He's quick to make friends, and he'll value the friendship, but that doesn't mean he won't use an advantage if one comes up, and he obeys the rules. When he has no better option...

House: Slytherin (Wheee, I'm alone! o.o; )

Background: (Brief? Very well, let me think...) He's a half blood, with a mother witch, and a father muggle, and their lifestyle rather influences his personality, as it's not too rare at all that they'll combine muggle knowhow with magic to get the best deal they can, causing him to become slightly spoiled, but not really a brat. He's just used to having the best he can have of both the muggle and wizarding worlds. He's also a Metamorphagi (God, I hope I spelled that right, if I didn't, feel free to correct me. XD) But he doesn't really have control over it yet, meaning that he only changes rarely, and when he does, he has little to no control over it.

Raichu Master
November 20th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Both of you are accepted of course! ^^

I think we have enough to start, but it's alittle late for me to type up anything acceptable so I'll wait until tomorrow to post my first IC.

If you guys want to start go ahead.

O
November 21st, 2005, 01:32 AM
Name: Jordan Leung [That's my real name...]
Description: Tries to wear a white dress shirt everyday to the convention along with black trousers. His black hair however is still a mess.
Personality: Humorous, greedy, crazy. Jordan would fight for a [Insert the smallest wizard currency here]
House: Whatever house I have to be in to make it fair.
Background: Has a full chinese heritage. He is thought to be direct descendant and Confucius himself.

Neko64
November 21st, 2005, 03:45 AM
Name: Hazel
Description: Has long black hair thats almost always seen in a hair tie and Hazel eyes. Almost always wears any type of Jeans that are available to her. Stands at about 5'4". Has a golden necklace with a cat on it that she wears 24/7 and never takes off.
Personality: Friendly and outgoing most of the time, but sometimes she isn't. You don't want to tick her off because then it is very hard for Hazel to forgive you. She becomes very anxious at times and is hard waiting for things to come.
House: Gryffindor
Background: A fullblood who lives with her parents and three siblings in a large house in the mountains. No muggle would ever dare to go there, since it is so far off from there habitat. Her three siblings consist of one sister the same age as her, also going to Hogwarts with her, and two brothers. One of the brothers is a year older then Hazel and her sister, and is at his second year at Hogwarts, and the other is seven years older and just got out of Hogwarts.

Is that good?

I wanted to join before but I couldn't ^^"

~Ozy~
November 21st, 2005, 06:12 AM
<OOC>Hey, hold me a spot, mkay? I'll sign up this afternoon, when I have more time.<OOC>

Chibi-chan
November 21st, 2005, 02:46 PM
^ well, he said go ahead and start if you want too...I'm eager to start too, but I think it's kinda RP taboo to start an RP you didn't make @.@ So...start if you want to. He said you could ^^

Wolf_Goddess
November 21st, 2005, 04:28 PM
Name: Mira
Description: A rather thin-looking girl with wide, vacant blue-gray eyes. Her hair is a deep black, rather straight and dreary, and her robes usually are tattered and worn-out, as though she had fallen multiple times. A scar is on the palm of her hand, and by the looks of it seems as though a creature had bitten her.
Personality: Rather shy and not the talkative type. She usually keeps to herself in the corner, and watches others with a wary expression. Her voice is normally quiet and quivering, as though she is fearing something. She occasionally is tired, looking as though she did not get any rest.
House: Ravenclaw
Background: As some of you might have quessed, Mira is a werewolf. Her mother was killed during an attack after taking a picnic that lasted too long in the park. Her father and two siblings (brother and sister, one eighteen and the other twenty presently) had escaped, but Mira had not, being and infant and in her mother's arms at the time. Her hand was bitten, but what the werewolf really was after was her mother. He bit her throat and carried her off into the woods, never to be seen again...her corpse not found.
She suffers from changing once every month, when the moon is full. Those are the points when she become quite tired before and afterwards. Though she takes a special Elixer that keeps her mind during this state, she still has been cut off from many children her age, and has barely any socail skills.

Amy-chan
November 21st, 2005, 04:31 PM
If I'm not too late....well....um.... I would join, as my own RP has gone straight to the deepest pits of the underworld, but there's someone here..... Meh, what the hey...

Name: Cerridwen Grim

Description: A very frail girl who looks as if she's been lost in the rain for years, and it washed out the blue from her eyes and the red from her mouth and the brightness from her features. An old photograph dusted from an album, if you will, whitened away. Her hair is shoulder-length and black, and she usually lets it go wild. Her sad blue eyes are blank and distant, and give you the feeling her mind's somewhere else. She wears night-black robes and cloak, and is as pale as parchment. She looks like someone who doesn't see daylight often, and truth be told she hasn't. Around her neck, she carries a necklace with a sky-blue sapphire on it.

Personality: Well....dettached, mostly. She tends to float off into dreamland at rather inappropriate moments, and is quiet and shy. From the start, she's the victim, the bully magnet, the outcast(not really what you'd expect of a Slytherin-to-be, is it?). Why? Because she's so....different. There's an icy wall around her heart due to previous abuse and neglect, and she never lets anyone else in. She can be very clever when she focuses her thoughts on figuring something out, but it's often difficult for her to do so. She gets distracted easily, and loses herself in her own thoughts often.

House: Slytherin. *Gryffindors stare*

Background: Brief...brief....*taps foot* She grew up in a Muggle orphanage, isolated from and oblivious to the Wizarding world. Strange things tended to happen around her, though. Kids who tormented her would act strangely, or wake up and remember nothing, or just disappear.... When the owners of the orphanage started suspecting her, she left and wandered the streets of London, homeless and reduced to stealing food and loitering in alleys. She's lived that way for the past two years. That is, until that fateful day when a package came to her by owl....

*wonders if she's already too late*

Raichu Master
November 21st, 2005, 06:46 PM
Ok, I did say you all could start without me. And for those wanting to join or have posted profiles, please pm me to verify you're houses. You will not be permitted to RP without it.

So you're new name's Ozy is it, Jake? Well so be it. But I shall still leave a spot for you, there can never be enough members! ^^

IC: Andrew McCollans landed hard right outside the castle gates. Where was he? The last thing he remember was holding onto some short of object and then his world went spinning out of control. "Wow..." he mouthed inaudibly as he gazed at the huge doors that greeted any visitors as they entered the castle.

The doors soon swang wide to permit entry to the interior. Only then did Andrew remember to look around at all the hundreds of others who had appeared in the same fashion that he had only a short time ago. "So this is Hogwarts!" he mused loudly, being drowned out by the others screams and shouts of joy. A sudden shyness came over him as he stepped into the huge entrance hall that greeted them all warmly. Here he was, in a muscle shirt, and basketball shorts, a typical muggle, when everyone else was in robes, or even school robes for those who have come here in previous years.

He's breath caught in his lungs as he was ushered into the great hall. It was beautiful, and he found it even harder to breath as he looked up at the ceiling. WHERE WAS THE CEILING? Andrew suddenly felt the urge to crawl on his stomache and curl up into fetal position. Was the sky falling or was it just his imagination!

Wolf_Goddess
November 22nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
((Hmm, since I PMed you the house for it to be verified...I can make to assumption I am accepted...if not, I shall delete this post.))

"Well, here your are," her father said drearily. Ever since those eleven years after his wife's death, he was never the same. Mira flinches as he lets go of her scarred hand, and imediatly places in her pocket, so no one could guess what she was.

However, instead of his usual dullness in his eyes, they looked thoughtful. He was remembering his wonderful years as a Hogwarts student...he was in Slytherin. So were her brother and sister, and hopefully Mira. But she wasn't like them...more quiet and to herself, and quite booksmart. She did not have a cold, cruel demeanor as her family had.

She looks down at her feet after her father leaves her, without giving her a kiss...anything. She felt strange standing around in her tattered robes, and her eyes dart from wall to wall, ceiling to ground as she walked, unaware of mostly everything. Dark circles were noticable under her eyes, and her skin was dreadfully pale, in contrast to her deep black hair.

Something in her body quivers suddenly, and her head jerks up; she falters back, for she nearly bumped into a boy in muggle clothing, looking up towards the ceiling. Her nerves told her to run, but they froze up in utter shock.

Kay11190
November 23rd, 2005, 10:05 AM
Togepi Luver wishes for me to tell you all that she has to withdraw from this RP since her brother restricted acces to this site along with severl others.

Shadowfaith
November 23rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
Rachel sat at one of the tables in the middle of the great hall, she had been there early due to her mother and father having to go to work, and she had been the first one there that morning. Here she was dressed in a pair of casual jeans and a black shirt, surrounded by a great hall and its many glorious paintings, she felt out of place there, but then again, she had no real classy clothes to have worn anyways.

Soon, another arrived screaming at the top of his lings at the sight he saw before him, Rachel smiled before turning her gaze back to looking at the paintings and of course the wonderful sky above her, she found it amazing that the ceiling was actually a hologram of sorts, never in her life had she seen such a thing.

They were all beginning to arrive now, and Rachels back hunched as she stared down at her feet. She never really did well around huge groups of people, but then again, she had never been around so many people at once, she tended to stay away from other kids, she much preferred her own adventures, but this didnt mean she was totally deprived of friends back at home.

She fidgeted for a while until she decided that she seemed stupid looking at her feet when there was so much for her eyes to gaze upon. She raised her head once again and took to looking at all the other would be students. Thankfully most of them looked casual, well as casual as she was anyways. She smiled at some of them, some of them even returned her smile, but still no one sat near her.

She sighed and rested her head upon the table atop her arms, why did she think this school was not going to accept her so easily?

Kurosaki
November 23rd, 2005, 12:49 PM
What were they thinking? Telling me this whole excursion was for my benefit, and then running off to tour the school for themselves! My parents ticked me off so much sometimes. "But wow, this place is huge!" I said aloud as I entered what appeared to be the great hall, and almost fell backwards as I got a look at the ceiling.

"So does this room have no roof?" I inquired aloud. Two girls apparently overheard my question, and giggled as they walked past me. "Apparently not..." What overwhelmed me the most, however, was the amount of people present in one place. I had only left my house a few times my ENTIRE life, so I had yet to actual see gatherings such as this first hand. I didn't even have people I could really call friends, unless you count the house elf that worked for my family; the house elf in which I was against keeping.

I began to walk around the great hall, examining everything around me, and watching the kids have fun. There were lots of girls my age too, which I found interesting. I honestly had never met a girl my age before! "Ow!"

Somehow, I had managed to trip over someones chair leg while I wasn't paying attention, landing flat on my face. Laughter echoed around me, and I got up, my face now a bright red shade. "I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I said to the one whose chair I had tripped over, that of a girl wearing a black shirt and a pair of jeans.

Shadowfaith
November 23rd, 2005, 01:05 PM
All of a sudden, Rachel found herself hurled forward as someone collided with her chair. She slipped from the chair into a kneeling position on the floor, and only just caught herself before her chin collided with the great oak table. Her heart was beating rapidly and her eyes were wide in shock and horror.

Laughter echoed around her and she turned with angry eyes towards the person who had foolishly enough tripped over the leg of her chair. The boy was tall, taller than any other boy she had seen that was around her age. A sort of mixed brown/red hair andwere they two different coloured eyes? Rachel raised an eyebrow at the oddly coloured eyes, and her expression lightened upon realizing that the boy had in fact reddened.

She sighed and stood up, holding out her hand to help the over height boy up. She replied in a mumble No worries, werent your faultI mean this place is kinda distracting, I knowI mean its all weird and really really cool, isnt it? she knew she rambled on, but she couldnt help it around new people especially in such an atmosphere as this.

My names Rachel, whats yours, clumsy?

Shiney
November 23rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
My parents came here, but they had left almost immidiately. They wanted to meet some old friends, they said. Likely, they just wanted a trip down memory lane, but I didn't mind. Looking around, I noticed that I seemed to be catching some stared, and checked my reflection in the screen on my Ipod. At least that still worked here. I looked normal enough, maybe it was just the dead look in my eyes. I sighed, and continued on my path, noticing the boy trip over a chair that it seemed impossible for anyone to hit unless they wanrted to. I stayed out of the way, but close. Listening into conversations wasn't exactly polite, but I didn't know these people yet, so manners didn't matter much as far as I was concerned.

SilverTail
November 23rd, 2005, 02:01 PM
(i have a question, was i accepted into this rp? im not sure i was)

Kurosaki
November 23rd, 2005, 02:12 PM
"No, my name is not Clumsy." I said in reply to her question, thinking that's what she was implying my name to be. I glanced around the room, looking at all of the people who were watching us. Some giggling, and some just staring. When they all realized it was over, they all began to go back to whatever it was they were doing prior.

"David." I muttered bluntly, "My name is David Testarossa." I winced when I gave my last name, as it was one some would never forget, and not in a positive fashion, either." My grandparents were villains, plain and simple. They had even served Voldemort at some point or another. The full story to this had been kept from me my whole life, and that's basically all I knew. "So..." I really couldn't think of anything to say.

Chibi-chan
November 23rd, 2005, 02:36 PM
"Bailey, I'm sure you'll have a great time at Hogwarts~" Mom said, "Just make sure that you do good in D.A.D.A, Potions, you know, all the things to be-"

"Become an Auror," I finished, straighting my robes. I was rather irritated that Mom wouldn't shuttup about me being an Auror for the entire year. Hogwarts was right around the corner, and so was my escape from my mother's shadow. Well, I wouldn't let her interrupt my happy mood! Today was going to be great~

As I entered the hall, it seemed more crowded than I thought it'd be! So many people my age! I was a bit nervous, yet excited at the same time. Making friends would be a blast!...if I didn't start suddering in a conversation. Mom was busy talking to old friends I guess as I did a futher inspection of the kids here. Some of thier outfits....they were so...different? That was the word. They were probably muggles...I'd read about them somewhere in Dad's library. Non-magic folks, eh? This would be interesting!

"Wow! That must be a spectacular Invisibatrum spell!" I mused aloud. Maybe I would learn how to do that one day...

My thoughts then were averted to a boy about the same age as me (with pretty cool eyes) bump into a chair which a girl was sitting in. I tried not to giggle; I had to act dignified myself. What if I met these people again? I edged over into their conversation. Well, I wouldn't call it eavesdropping, I was pretty close to them anyway...

Shiney
November 23rd, 2005, 05:30 PM
I paused, listening, taking in all the information I could. David Somethingorother, and he really WAS clumsy. And the girl was rachel, hmmm... Not much I could use, so I stayed calm, and continued to listen as another person approached, not realising that my hair had turned a vibrant, almost glowing shade of pale pink.

Amy-chan
November 23rd, 2005, 09:49 PM
OOC:(i have a question, was i accepted into this rp? im not sure i was)
Same here.... *sweatdrop*

Raichu Master
November 25th, 2005, 08:02 PM
OOC: Please note when I said "you all could start without me". That was kind of a subtile hint. Hope that answers any questions about whether anybody was accepted to this RP. May I remind you, you have to show me good rping skills because this is not the official RP, it's just a RP used instead of the rp sample.

IC: Andrew sat at a table, not knowing which was which; hoping that he might actually know someone here. What on earth made him think that? He had no clue, but he had a hunch there was someone he knew, and knew pretty well at that.

As he kept searching the huge room for a familiar face, Andrew could see a few kids already mixing and mingling. How easy it all came to them! His envy struck him as odd, he may have been shy at times, but he never was jealous of anybody; and this sudden emotion had him on his toes.

A tall glass of pumpkin juice appeared in front of him as his fingers tapped nervously, feeling an odd sense of shyness come over him. "What is this?" Andrew asked himself as he sniffed the potion curiously. The adventurous side of him grabbed a hold of him as he took a huge gulp of the liquid. "This is pretty good!" Andrew exclaimed as he took another big gulp of the juice.

SilverTail
November 25th, 2005, 08:29 PM
i arrived late to the convention

"oh great, i missed anything that might have happened" i said dissapointed

i walked into teh entrance hall and walked around

i walked over to the desk where they were taking names, but noone was there, i might as well explore the first floor

Amy-chan
November 25th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Distractedly, a new girl shuffled in through the front doors of Hogwarts, looking as though she had drifted in by mistake. Her robes were patched and dirty, her long black hair messy and wild. As she walked with her neck craned up at the ceiling, she bumped into several annoyed fellow students, but didn't really notice herself. She was lost in thought, wondering about her past, her present.... and her future.

She entered the Great Hall, still looking up at the ceiling, which now mirrored the starry sky outside. She could see a few people around her; a boy whose hair was turning a vivid pink, a student who had tripped over another student's chair, a boy who was swigging pumpkin juice at a table. But she wasn't really aware of any of them. Almost boredly, she went and sat at a table far away from the others, separate and isolated from everyone else.

This place was so....different. There were many things here that she had never seen before, things that the others didn't even realize were out of the ordinary. The aroma of food drifted to her nostrils, something she would usually have to steal to obtain but now was free to take. The sounds of laughter and talk reached her ears, as if the others had not a care in the world, so unlike her own solemn attitude. And the children's parents... She couldn't help but notice that the other students all seemed to have come in here with someone. She could tell that, like always, she was going to be the outcast of this group.

Staring icily at the others, she was a tad bit envious. They were somewhat normal, at least. They had parents, they had probably had less than dysfunctional lives, and now they would have friends. How was it that some people could have everything while others had nothing? It wasn't right, it wasn't fair. But that was how it was. With a sigh, she laid her head on the table, closing her eyes to shut herself out from her strange new surroundings.

Mari
November 25th, 2005, 11:50 PM
"Uwaaa~ there's lots and lots of people here! Oh, look, look, brother!" With mouth wide open, and eyes fixed at the ceiling, Hailey tilted her heads backward, for a clearer view of the roof that wasn't really a roof. She had just entered the really really big castle, and already she felt giddy.

Caleb, her older brother, affectionately ruffled the younger girl's hair as he tried to stifle his laughter. It had always marveled him how easily fascinated she gets with such simple things. Granted, Hogwarts isn't what you call simple, but still. "Hailey-Baby," Caleb said, chuckling at her sudden twitchiness, "this is Hogwarts. This is where you'll learn about everything you need to know about the magic stuff you love so much."

Hailey pouted, disregarding what he said for a moment. "Don't call me Hailey-Baby! I'm not five anymore!"

"True, but you act like one. In fact, you sort of look like one too." He smirked.

She squeezed his waist tightly, and gave him another pout before continuing. "Anyway! Really? I can learn all your magic whatchimathignies here?" Seeing her brother nod, a wide grin spread across her face. "Okay, okay, come on then!"

"Sorry, shorty. I have some business to attend to; you're on your own."

"Only reason I'm short is because you used your magic thingies on my milk!" She cried out, a bit too loud, yet again straying off of the subject.

"Yes, yes. Now, go on there. You'll want to make as much friends as possible, l'right?" With that, he kissed her forehead and abruptly left with a few teacher-looking people or something like that. Hailey waved absently before glancing at all the students once again. All of them were acquainting with one another, all talking happily; oh, the thought of gaining friends only thrilled her!

As she strolled around, she noted that majority of them were in robes, few wore casual clothing as she had. She was wearing her short overalls, and her hair was adorned with those star clips her brother had given to her for luckit made her look like a seven-year-old, no doubt; or perhaps, simply a very short ten-year-old, which was truthful, really.

For that brief second, she felt a tad coy, but quickly regained her confidence. Everyone seemed nice, so it shouldn't be hard to find someone to talk to. As she spotted a lone girl, sitting alone on table far away from, she thought her assumption was slightly false. The girl stood out amidst the boisterous crowd, and mind you, it didn't seem she minded, but no one liked being alone, right?

Beaming widely, she waved at the isolated girl and made her way towards her. On her way, however, a boy caught her eye and she got a bit sidetracked. He looked content with his drink, whatever it was, although he did seem a bit lonely, like the other girl. Since she was trying to make friends, Hailey walked up to him and poked him lightly. Perhaps if they could be friends then they could be the other girl's friend!

"Hiya~! I was wond" Her eyes widened when she got a more apparent view of the boy and gasped. He looked familiar, with those clothes of his; basketball shorts, a muscle shirt. Upon realization, she lifted her hand and pointed at him. "YOU?!"

Shadowfaith
November 26th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Rachel smirked as the boy gave his name, declaring that it was not clumsy and that his real name was David…something, she never caught it, seemed a bit weird and confusing to her and it was just to much trouble to remember. She cast her Sapphire eyes upon him and watched as he squirmed a little, unable to get anything out, he mumbled a “So…” and that was about it, it seemed it was up to her to start off a conversation.

She sighed and crossed her arms over her chest, “So, where do you come from, are you muggle, half breed, full wizard or something? I’m a half myself, mom was a Witch and dad was a muggle, kinda cool because I get a taste of what it’s like to be a muggle and Witch at the same time!”

So, she was a tad excited about the whole ordeal, it wasn’t against the law to be over excited, but she knew that the boy had yet to recover from the embarrassment of tripping over her chair. She sighed and uncrossed her arms, shifting her weight onto her right leg “Look, forget about that little scene, it was just an accident right? Everyone makes fools of themselves now and again. You need to be more like me! I don’t care what I do, I just enjoy it no matter how embarrassing or dangerous things are.”

In fact, she was quite ready to start her time here at Hogwarts, it only meant more adventures for her and even more trouble for her to get into, she wasn’t planning on being an easy student and was defiantly going to make a few enemies here, student or teacher, she was ready for anything!

November 26th, 2005, 05:42 AM
*Is Sleepwalking Right into Other People and Wakes Up*DONT EAT ME!!!!!Oops i was sleepwalking my name is Chris And Im In Ravenclaw!
OOC:Mwahahaha I Have ze Most Followers(I Was Te First To Be In Ravenclaw)

Kurosaki
November 26th, 2005, 06:53 AM
"Well you haven't been locked in your house for most of your life, now have you?" I said in rebel to her 'I don't care' statement. "And I'm pure wizard." I had been secretly hiding a wound on my arm the whole time, by sticking my hand down my pocket far enough that it was hidden. It was my assumption that it had occured when I tripped.

OOC: Sorry, I'm not finished, I need to go to work. x.x

Wolf_Goddess
November 26th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Looking around, Mira backed away from another person and appeared to flee. She was not used to 'socializing,' and preferred to be alone...away from the others. Her eyes were wild, yet they still appeared drowzy from the circles that failed to fade from under her eyes.

Groaning, and still tired from last night, she sits down. At least the person next to her with her head on the table appeared to be in no mood to chat, and she was thankful. Once school started, it would probably be like this every day...fleeing from others. And suddenly she examines the bite-mark on her hand, causing her mind to remember something. Did my father tell the staff about my...condition?

Amy-chan
November 26th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Cerridwen looked up halfheartedly for a split second to see a girl with black hair and sunken eyes sit down next to her, and someone in the distance wave for a moment before joining a boy halfway. Who was this girl that had waved so brightly at her? Did she know her? Was she, perhaps, one of the cops's daughters, maybe undercover or in disguise? But surely they wouldn't follow her here? She laughed internally as it slowly sunk into her tired brain what a foolish notion this was. Glad that the girl who had sat down nearby didn't seem to want to start a conversation, she laid her head back down on the table, hoping not to be disturbed.

SilverTail
November 26th, 2005, 10:04 AM
i walked into the great hall, and the name didnt lie!

it was a huge room with four long tables and a table at the far end for the teachers

i walked along, not knowing where to go, as this was my first time at hogwarts and i was an only child

i saw there were plates and goblets on the tables, some empty, some full, and some halfway, they were at every table

i sat down in a far corner, i didnt really know who to make friends with or not, i sat a few seats away from a girl who looked like she was trying to sleep

the second i sat down, a few slices of pizza appeared, that was weird

"well, atleast im away from home" i mutterd, eating the pizza

Amy-chan
November 26th, 2005, 10:26 AM
"Pizza," murmured Cerridwen, still half-asleep. Slowly, as though not sure to believe it or not, she looked up. It was all she could do to resist reaching out and taking a slice from the boy's plate. She hadn't eaten in a very long time. "Home?" she asked, sleepily, subconsciously. "Nowhere is home." Closing her eyes again to prevent herself from becoming even hungrier, she rested her head once more against the cool surface of the long table.

SilverTail
November 26th, 2005, 10:35 AM
"if your hungry take some" i said, i had an uncanny ability to know these things, like i could read their mind almost

i held out a slice to her

"i know how you feel, here i am, trapped in the middle of nowhere, i left to go out on a journy of sorts, and i get a letter out of the blue about this" i said "i had been traveling for weeks, living off the earth, and all that, this is the first actuall meal ive had in a long time"

i put the slice on her plate, just incase she didnt want it now, but i knew she did

i took my goble and poured some pumpkin juice into hers

"now pumpkin juice, that im farmiliar with" i said jokingly

Amy-chan
November 26th, 2005, 10:55 AM
"Th-thanks," stuttered the girl gratefully, looking with wide eyes at the slice of pizza on her plate. She wanted to believe it was just an act of kindness, but she didn't, probably because she wasn't used to such things. Why was this boy being nice to her? Was it a trap? He must want something from her, there was no other reason.... She knew this was just her suspicious nature kicking in, but still decided not to let down her guard just yet. "What's your name?" she asked, raising the goblet to her lips.

SilverTail
November 26th, 2005, 11:00 AM
"its stanlex and dont be afraid, i wont hurt you" i said "remember, i was living in the wild for teh last year, stupid powers and all"

it was true, i dont even know why i had said this, mainly because everytime i had gotten mad, or happy, something around me burst into flames, i was a freak, so i left my home, adn now, from spending so much time with nature, my powes have developed even more, making it so i can read minds almost

Wolf_Goddess
November 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM
The girl beside her had spoken, but it was directed towards some sort of food. "Pizza?" she says quietly to herself. Suprisingly, she has never heard of it. Being a pureblood, they never ate muggle food, their family being respected amongst the wizarding world. Of course, not one knew of her existance; why would any respectable family mention a werewolf?

Her eyes look at the two chatting, but does nothing. Now, however, her head was on the table. She did not get any sleep at all, and she was worn to the bone. A new cut had snaked its way across her belly, perhaps she cut it on a fence that night...it was hard to tell. Her mind was numb during that point, and she had forgotten to take the potion. No wonder her father left in such a hurry.

SilverTail
November 26th, 2005, 12:12 PM
i saw a girl down teh table go ridgid, i had seen that kind of behavior

'could she be, nah, no way' i thought 'shes no wherewolf'

i went back to eating my pizza, completely un aware of my surroundings

Raichu Master
November 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM
"Yes," Andrew asked as he turned around when he was poked. His eyes grew wide as he saw who was behind him. At the same time she shouted, Andrew shouted equally loud, "Hailey!"

"I didn't know you were a witch," Andrew said when he couldn't yell any longer. "I thought bother of your parents were...uh...unmagical, you know, like mine. Or is there something you've been hiding from me?" Andrew asked as he made room for Hailey to sit beside him, finally glad to find a familiar face. "I kind of don't fit in," Andrew muttered as he looked at himself and around at the others who were dressed in robes. "They dress funny here."

Amy-chan
November 26th, 2005, 08:49 PM
"Legilimency?" said Cerridwen suddenly, looking up at the boy. She wasn't sure what she meant; she had never even heard the word before. But nonetheless, she said it, staring at him with mild curiousity.

What did she mean? She was confused by her own behavior. What the heck was 'legilimency' anyway? And why was she still trying to talk to him in the first place? Puzzled, she put her head back on the table, wishing she could just vanish into it.

Kayota
November 29th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Name: Nixon Shanen
Description: Nixon has the look of a Death Eater-in-the-making. Evil, in other words. His eyes are icy blue, and his hair, which reaches to the bottoms of his ears, is pale blond. His skin is a light tan. His eyes have an evil glint to them.
Personality: Nixon rather prefers solitude. He likes to read about the Dark Arts and thinks DADA is stupid. He is a supporter of Voldemort, always x-ing out "you-know-who" in the Daily Prophet and instead putting "the Dark Lord".
House: Slytherin
Background: Nixon was born in Redding California, and moved to London at the age of 10. He's an Animagi, a snake, to be exact...

Dunno if this is too late, I just wanted to try out my newest HP char...

Wolf_Goddess
November 29th, 2005, 05:18 PM
She raised her head, looking at the boy with vacant eyes. She had felt his stare on her body, and it was rather unpleasant. Tucking her hand with the bite mark on it under her hand, she opens her mouth to speak. Her voice was quiet, however it was expected of one with her character.

"Why were you looking at me?" she murmurs, looking down.

O
November 30th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Jordan arrived late. He wore a white button up shirt and a blue tie along with black dress pants and matching leather shoes. Looking smart was part of his daily routine in these occasions. He looked around. A few late students also came in. Jordan walked in, looking around. He wasn't surprised at all. Being a muggle himself, Jordan enjoyed Basketball, and just by looking at one boy in a muscle shirt and basketball shorts, he knew he was not alone. A few tall boys stood, crowding around girls. They looked like ballers to him. Jordan smiled. He brushed his hair into a more casual look and walked towards the table. It was crazy. Juices that were neon green and pink. Juices with 3 layers without somehow contaminating each other. Curious, Jordan took one of the 3 layered juices up, surprised to see that each layer was a different juice. Jordan set the empty glass on the table and looked around for teachers. He sighted one and approached her.

"Excuse me miss." Jordan began softly.

"What is it dear?" THe professor replied. She was a rather old woman, but a kind look was on her face.

"Is there a Basketball court around here?" Jordan asked, stubbornly.

"Great Wizards born Muggles..." The woman muttered. "The sport here is called Quidditch, but if you do want to play your 'Basketball' the closest thing we have here is throwing quaffles into the hoops." Before Jordan could interrupt, the woman continued. "It would be played on broomsticks but seeing as you're still new and you had no flying lessons, then standing and throwing the Quaffle in is it for you. If you're good, you might be the Chaser."

Jordan nodded, and went outside to the fields.

((OOC - When is this? Is this an Alternate Universe (one with no Harry Potter, after Harry Potter or before?))

November 30th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Ummm hello am I missing something here Zeek then took out his wand and should some sparks wich he hope attracted the other people

O
December 2nd, 2005, 02:58 AM
((OOC - Black Winter Wolf, you need some work on your overall grammar and spelling. Assuming that the 'Ummm hello am I missing something here' was a question and it is speech, you should have speech marks around them and end with a question mark. Go and read some of the Role Playing Help threads for more help.))

The fields were big. Naturally, Jordan went to the nearest one and took off his shoes and then muttered a small chant, which turned his dress shoes into sports shoes.

"I love magic." Jordan said to himself. He put the sports shoes on and stood for a few seconds. After a bit of thought, Jordan muttered the chant to his shirt and pants, turning them into a white T-shirt with a design of his favorite 'Muggle' Basketball Team, the Houston Rockets and black basketball pants with the same 'R' logo.

Some wizard-born and wizard-raised people sighted Jordan, and much chat went on about it being an unknown Quidditch team.

A few cages of balls were in the corner. Some normal red ones: Quaffles, and another one with the same, but with a sign labelled 'Quidditch'* on it. Curious as he was, Jordan took one of the Quidditch Quaffles. He threw it lightly to get a feel of it, but to much surprise, the Quaffle went further than he thought.

((* - Assuming that the Quaffles used in Quidditch matches are somehow designed so that they'd stay up in the air.))

Amy-chan
December 2nd, 2005, 03:17 PM
OOC: Sorry guys, but I have to leave this RP. I just can't keep up with it, and now that my own RP's back all my efforts must be focused on fixing it up. Really sorry. :(

O
December 3rd, 2005, 04:39 PM
((OOC - Aw man. It was nice role-playing with you.))

Wolf_Goddess
December 4th, 2005, 03:10 PM
((Pardon for the OOC, but I was wondering why no one has posted an in-character post for two days. Call me annoying, but I was just wondering...>.<))

Raichu Master
December 5th, 2005, 06:41 PM
((Pardon for the OOC, but I was wondering why no one has posted an in-character post for two days. Call me annoying, but I was just wondering...>.<))

Rp's dead. Either that or everyone is busy. *shrug* I'm one of the busy people right now. :/

O
December 27th, 2005, 06:30 PM
That and I have nothing to post about IC.

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555
December 29th, 2005, 10:01 AM
OOC: Ooo... Three pages already? *sweatdrop* I was really hoping to join this one... Maybe you could squeeze me in? Pwease?

O
December 30th, 2005, 06:30 PM
((OOC - It's kind of dead, so if you join you might be able to revive it because I have nothing to post about.))