PDA

View Full Version : Ruby hack: Pokémon Zirconia

Wolfius
November 24th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Whatever the title says, this is not Pokemon Violet anymore, this is Pokemon Zirconia. It just won't let me change the thread title.

This is my first proper hack, and I'm terrible at hex. In fact, I'm retarded at it. Sprite inserting too, as well. Other than that, I can edit tilesets using Advance Map, sprite fusions and characters, and I can do mapping, but I can't create new maps and link them to others.

So here it goes.

The story.

You are a kid who has just arrived in a truck. Your mother has moved to Greenrose Hill in search of your missing brother who disappeared when you were a young kid. As soon as you get there and unpack your things, your mother sees someone that looks exactly like your brother but the channel mysteriously fizzes out. As your journey progresses, you will experience some very strange things. And will you meet your brother?

I need a team,I'd be grateful if anyone helped out. Also, I can't insert sprites, I know I'm actually doing them the right way, but my PC somehow screws it up. So I'd need helpers to insert them for me.

This hack will include:
*New Gym Leaders
*Different Maps
*If possible, entirely new story!
*Different legendary pokemon, possibly new ones!
*New hero and heroine sprites

Possibilities:
New Tilesets, New Professor, New Pokemon Recieving Scene.

Pokemon Zirconia Team
Spriters: Wolfius
Sprite Inserters:
Mappers: Wolfius
Scripting:
Hex:
Final outcome of the Hero:
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2488/violethero3om.png
Final outcome of the Heroine:
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/6372/violetheroine3ip.png

Screens of completed maps are attached

viridian doubletongue
November 24th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I like the maps, keep it up.

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~
November 24th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Looks great. Keep it up! It's gonna be a great hack from the looks of it!

MAR Heaven
November 24th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Hey if you need a spriter or a mapper just contact me ok :D

Wolfius
November 24th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Hey if you need a spriter or a mapper just contact me ok :D

Now isn't that a coincedence n_n

Any chance you could do the hero's overworld sprites?

Also

I've done some fusions, the first one is Braulask, and the second one is Ubraun. In fact, I'm not sure about having Braulaks as Ubraun's pre-evo. I'm also thinking of making him a legendary with no evolutions.

And

In my first post, you'll see that I've completed the heroine's trainer sprite n_n

Chizzy
November 24th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Wolfius, when are you going to update the Eternal Flame thread on the Hacking Geoups forum?
I've posted ther and I was wondering if i could help with the 'Group'
I'm pretty good at storylining and 'pokecreating'

Wolfius
November 24th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Wolfius, when are you going to update the Eternal Flame thread on the Hacking Geoups forum?
I've posted ther and I was wondering if i could help with the 'Group'
I'm pretty good at storylining and 'pokecreating'

Jeez! I didn't realise they had approved my thread! I only made it like ages ago. if you could help with the storyline, that means you'd be able to use hex to alter the storyline inside, right?

Chizzy
November 24th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Im...not good at hex... Im fine at making stories...

Wolfius
November 24th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Im...not good at hex... Im fine at making stories...

Umm...I'll keep that in mind, also could I see one of your poke-creations?

Nomaiya
November 24th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Can I join your Hacking Group? I posted one of those form thingys in the International Flame Productions thread. This hack looks great by the way!
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 24th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Can I join your Hacking Group? I posted one of those form thingys in the International Flame Productions thread. This hack looks great by the way!
-Nomaiya-

Thank you. Although, it's not gonna get anywhere until I edit the storyline. Otherwise the hack will never be major.

Nomaiya
November 24th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Are you going to make new starter Pokemon or use some of the others? The second pokemon pic, (Ubraun, is it?) is really cool.

Wolfius
November 24th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Are you going to make new starter Pokemon or use some of the others? The second pokemon pic, (Ubraun, is it?) is really cool.

Yep it's Ubraun. So far, the current starters are others. But I may include new starter pokemon if they look like proper gamefreak material, and not fusion obvious, or really fake looking. You wanna help out? The starters would have to be water, electric, fire. One or two of them have to not evolve. But one of the non evolvables must have a pre evo. So then, when I figure out coding for pre-evos, i'll include it in.

EDIT

Made Leafbough City, with the first gym leader. Now at this stage, could anyone cut out the event with Wally, and just let him say that the player isn't ready to fight until he gets the usual amount of badges like last time.

Thanks n_n

KoBRe LaiR
November 24th, 2005, 02:01 PM
The plot of the hack seems okay.
The sprites can easily be tell where they were fused from.
As for your maps. You had some good uses there but also terrible ones in some. More shading of grassy areas is needed, less use of the annoying little flowers, or just use them but know where to use them. The beginning town map looks somewhat bad. It doesn't catch my attention.
I give your hack a 2/5
Much can be improved.

Wolfius
November 24th, 2005, 02:08 PM
The plot of the hack seems okay.
The sprites can easily be tell where they were fused from.
As for your maps. You had some good uses there but also terrible ones in some. More shading of grassy areas is needed, less use of the annoying little flowers, or just use them but know where to use them. The beginning town map looks somewhat bad. It doesn't catch my attention.
I give your hack a 2/5
Much can be improved.

I'll try harder tomorrow.I was thinking of making a new tile with something background-like, like the flower which everyone walks over with. Perhaps stepping stones?

ALSO

If you all notice the little caged boxes with fences, I'll let you know that a variety of pokemon are in there :)

KoBRe LaiR
November 24th, 2005, 02:19 PM
In where?
This one:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28525&d=1132853147

Cartmic
November 25th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Hey! Cant you choose a different hack name? mines already called Pokemon Violet

Elite Charizard
November 25th, 2005, 06:12 AM
What are the towns, cities etc.?

Nomaiya
November 25th, 2005, 07:57 AM
I'd love to help! This hack looks cool so far.

Wolfius
November 25th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Hey! Cant you choose a different hack name? mines already called Pokemon Violet

Maybe I didn't notice! And fine, I'll change it:paranoid:

Ok, the one with the extremely large lab is the hometown, Greenrose Hill. Then the one with the small map with a big cave is Route 101 where you encounter Birch with the starters. The one with the halved tree bit town is called Cove Land, the one with the sea is Route 103 where you meet May, the other palce with all the fences is Route 102 and the one with the Gym is Leafbough City.

Kobre: Yeah, and the other boxes too. Thing is, they're inanimate. However if I had help from someone who could sprite overworlds, then yeah, maybe it'd be possible for them to be animated.

Nomaiya
November 25th, 2005, 09:03 AM
I made this sprite, and I don't know if it could be of any use, but you can use it. Also, can you tell me the address of the International Flame Productions website?28558

Wolfius
November 25th, 2005, 09:21 AM
I made this sprite, and I don't know if it could be of any use, but you can use it. Also, can you tell me the address of the International Flame Productions website?28558

It'd have to be bigger, and you'd have to save it in .png, not .jpeg or jpg! I'll PM you the site but no one's gonna be active yet as you're the only member.

EDIT:

I see, I thought it was an image, but it was an attachment. I won't include that, but you could do is work on a legendary pokemon for me. I'd appreciate it.

Nomaiya
November 25th, 2005, 09:51 AM
What sort of legendary Pokemon do you want? Give me a description and I'll see what I can do.

Wolfius
November 25th, 2005, 10:34 AM
What sort of legendary Pokemon do you want? Give me a description and I'll see what I can do.

Secluded, it's pose is standing on it's two feet. It should be of umm...a fire type. You may wanna include a flame if you want, but it's gotta look docile, and leader-like.

Also, I may be editing gym leaders soon, so I may rely on you guys to be gym leaders. But not yet, anyone that asks me for a place right now will not be getting one. Ask me when I'm ready.

KoBRe LaiR
November 25th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Whatever the title says, this is not Pokemon Violet anymore, this is Pokemon Zirconia. It just won't let me change the thread title.
You can't change the title but I can ;)

*changes name*

Nomaiya
November 25th, 2005, 10:45 AM
So, um, like a dragon sort of thing, or more like tyranitar or groudon?

Wolfius
November 25th, 2005, 11:07 AM
You can't change the title but I can ;)

*changes name*

n_n Awesome. Thanks ^_^

Anyhow, I'm rearranging the hometown, due to finding out how to move around the warps and signs.

Nomaiya: Not a dragon type, there's been too many dragon and flying and dog legendaries created.

Nomaiya
November 25th, 2005, 11:20 AM
I made this one, but it seems a bit plain. Any ideas, anyone?

Wolfius
November 25th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I made this one, but it seems a bit plain. Any ideas, anyone?

That's good. Maybe you could add on armour, and make his body more human like and muscly.

Nomaiya
November 25th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Wolfius
November 25th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Awesome. I'm gonna start editing the hero's dad. I may turn it into his/her brother.

Nomaiya
November 25th, 2005, 12:08 PM
I made it look like it had armor like those things out of the Nintendo DS game..(Metroid Hunters Prime, i think, or its something like that) But I'm not sure how to make it look more human like.28561

Wolfius
November 25th, 2005, 12:13 PM
I made it look like it had armor like those things out of the Nintendo DS game..(Metroid Hunters Prime, i think, or its something like that) But I'm not sure how to make it look more human like.28561

Alter the shape of the waist and hips into a more slimmer curvier human like shape. For an example, Mewtwo has a humanlike shape.

ALSO

I have completed the second version of the beginning town, Greenrose Hill. It's a very vast improvement, plus the waters will be surfable!

Nomaiya
November 25th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Wow great screenies! Does the second lorry/truck stop you from getting past? Is it just me or is it taking ages to get on to PokeCommunity? I took about 5 mins to load!

.:EDIT:.

Hm... I tried humanising it, but it looks a bit odd. I'll post the original one and the "Human" one to see what you think.2856328565

Wolfius
November 25th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Wow great screenies! Does the second lorry/truck stop you from getting past? Is it just me or is it taking ages to get on to PokeCommunity? I took about 5 mins to load!

.:EDIT:.

Hm... I tried humanising it, but it looks a bit odd. I'll post the original one and the "Human" one to see what you think.2856328565

Well, the truck stops you from getting past in the first place anyway. So I took the screenies and that's what happens if you don't set your clock, just like Ruby, Saph & Em. n_n

You may wanna try and fuse mewtwo's body with it, and edit it a whole lot so it looks different from Mewtwo's body, but it's humanlike.

KoBRe LaiR
November 25th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Nice mapping but you should try to edit the pathway with the lil rocks cause that is for something else and not paths. Try using sand or shady grass areas.

Wolfius
November 25th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Nice mapping but you should try to edit the pathway with the lil rocks cause that is for something else and not paths. Try using sand or shady grass areas.

Ohh, I see. Kobre, do you have any idea where I could find the offsets for certain tiles on UNLZ-GBA? Because then I could edit my own proper pathways and stuff.

Also

Nomaiya, I tried having a go at it, but I edited the wings (Yep, the wings were scratch) and also the legs were edited, but the arms were scratched and added on. What do you think of it, I think I may have ruined the effect.:\

ff6man
November 25th, 2005, 03:29 PM
when will the 1st beta come out

Nomaiya
November 26th, 2005, 03:04 AM
I think that looks great! I see what you mean, making it look more human like. Have you got a name for it?
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 03:59 AM
when will the 1st beta come out

No point releasing the beta until at least the beginning storyplay has been edited.

Nomaiya: I haven't got a name for it yet, any ideas?

ALSO:

We need some people to volunteer for sprite insertors. Every time I insert at least one, my computer always damages the rom permantly. Any volunteers?

EDIT:

I also made a backup and tried to insert them, but I ended up screwing the back up which made it disallow you to start a new game. So someone's definately gonna have to do it for us.

Nomaiya
November 26th, 2005, 05:21 AM
I made some trainer sprites. One of them is a recolour of Gary, so he looks more like the one on the TV instead, What do you think?
28606 Argh! They have gone all fuzzy! They look better when you click on the link though...

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 05:26 AM
I made some trainer sprites. One of them is a recolour of Gary, so he looks more like the one on the TV instead, What do you think?
28606 Argh! They have gone all fuzzy! They look better when you click on the link though...

I think they're good. I may have a use for them later...

Do you know how to edit sprites using TPL? Because I can't seem to find any info on where to find Birch's sprite and edit it on TPL.

Oh yeah, I made the sprite of the Hero's brother. And he will be replacing the ruby hero's dad. However, we STILL need help for inserting, and overworld sprite-making.

Nomaiya
November 26th, 2005, 05:31 AM
TPL? What the hell is that? MS Paint rules! LOL. No, sorry. But I might be able to find Birch's sprite...

.:EDIT:. Got them.28609

You might have to paste them onto paint so that you can see them clearly.

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 06:24 AM
TPL? What the hell is that? MS Paint rules! LOL. No, sorry. But I might be able to find Birch's sprite...

.:EDIT:. Got them.28609

You might have to paste them onto paint so that you can see them clearly.

I meant TLP, Tile Layer Pro. You can't edit Birch's sprite with MS Paint because it's uncompressed.

EDIT:
Made two more volutions for Eevee. The leaf one, Syntheon will be evolved using a Leaf Stone. The rock one, Graneon is Eevee's definate evolution at level 36. So if you look at it this way, all of Eevee's evos are nearly all the PKMN types. So this woud also mean great variety, so I could put Eevee as a starter. So far the starters are Marrill, Vulpix & Cacnea.

Tanka EX
November 26th, 2005, 08:28 AM
This looks very good, I wish I could help because I love making overworlds...but my computer is a bit weird now and it won't let me get on Paint Shop Pro. I'll post sprites of the hero's brother when I can.
EDIT: I can edit the story for you, just PM me with details of what to make each character say but, again my computer is acting up so I can't do it right now.

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 09:19 AM
This looks very good, I wish I could help because I love making overworlds...but my computer is a bit weird now and it won't let me get on Paint Shop Pro. I'll post sprites of the hero's brother when I can.
EDIT: I can edit the story for you, just PM me with details of what to make each character say but, again my computer is acting up so I can't do it right now.

Awewsome, could you find a way to get the overworlds sprite in? Cos I could send you the .ips file and you could insert them. The story, would you be able to alter it's course, instead of just changing around the text?

Tanka EX
November 26th, 2005, 09:32 AM
You mean event editing? Nope I can just change every bit of text, by the way I found Poketext so now I can start the text editing whenever you want.
I can insert the overworlds if they're the same pallete as the originals and i can sprite other things like the bags, the truck, pokemon and in general everything but tilesets. *triamphant pose* The only thing i ask in return is a cameo as a person on one of the sevii islands. It would be cool to have an island full of everyone who helped out... gotta use that when I make a hack.

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 10:12 AM
You mean event editing? Nope I can just change every bit of text, by the way I found Poketext so now I can start the text editing whenever you want.
I can insert the overworlds if they're the same pallete as the originals and i can sprite other things like the bags, the truck, pokemon and in general everything but tilesets. *triamphant pose* The only thing i ask in return is a cameo as a person on one of the sevii islands. It would be cool to have an island full of everyone who helped out... gotta use that when I make a hack.

>_< There is no Sevii Island. This is a hack of Ruby =P. But I'll take that as a compliment :D

You can have a cameo, you could replace Steven in the plot.

Would you be able to redesign the truck the player comes in at the start? It'd have to be like, a car. If you could do that and insert it, I'd be able to change the area he's in at the beginning to a car area.

i_am_the_best
November 26th, 2005, 10:18 AM
nice work...
keep up it...

Nomaiya
November 26th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Wow. A car! That would look brilliant! But wouldnt oyu have to change the start screen too, when the hero is in the back of the truck? That would take a lot of work. I like the idea of the island. Maybe you could use that island the one with loads of trainers on it and a little house. Does anyone know what Island I mean?

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Wow. A car! That would look brilliant! But wouldnt oyu have to change the start screen too, when the hero is in the back of the truck? That would take a lot of work. I like the idea of the island. Maybe you could use that island the one with loads of trainers on it and a little house. Does anyone know what Island I mean?

Which Sevii Island is it?

Plus yeah, I'm trying to redesign the map for the back of the truck by finding the tiles. Thing is, I can't find them :(

Nomaiya
November 26th, 2005, 10:50 AM
It isnt a Sevii Island. Its an odd little island in the middle of the ocean full of rich trainers. I've been trying to find it on Emerald, but I' ve forgotten where it is. Its small, with a deserted house and loads of trainers. I think it's near that really annoying cave... The one where you have to walk through all those identical rooms, to end up in then place you started in.. man I've had a memory loss!
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 10:55 AM
It isnt a Sevii Island. Its an odd little island in the middle of the ocean full of rich trainers. I've been trying to find it on Emerald, but I' ve forgotten where it is. Its small, with a deserted house and loads of trainers. I think it's near that really annoying cave... The one where you have to walk through all those identical rooms, to end up in then place you started in.. man I've had a memory loss!
-Nomaiya-

Well, if I see it when i'm editing the maps, I'll keep it. Plus I also found a map in Ruby called Southern Island, and when you go in, there's a gem like sotne in the middle and you're meant to encounter your rival there. Coulda been a beta :S

Tanka EX
November 26th, 2005, 11:27 AM
>_< There is no Sevii Island. This is a hack of Ruby =P. But I'll take that as a compliment :D

You can have a cameo, you could replace Steven in the plot.

Would you be able to redesign the truck the player comes in at the start? It'd have to be like, a car. If you could do that and insert it, I'd be able to change the area he's in at the beginning to a car area.
Oh, I must have got it confused with another hack i'm helping on, Doh! Course its ruby! If I made it a car you'd have to jump out the boot.

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Oh, I must have got it confused with another hack i'm helping on, Doh! Course its ruby! If I made it a car you'd have to jump out the boot.

Haha! That's the main idea. Unless, if the car was facing forwards, not sideways, then he'd be coming out of the sides.

Tanka EX
November 26th, 2005, 11:48 AM
If it was reversed he'd crash through the windscreen! Anyway, what colour should it be? The truck has a very wide pallete considering it only consists of red and white, you can make a lot of things out of it. I wish I could edit tilesets because I have a funny idea for the inside of the boot, but i think that the car facing forward would look better.
Wow, I found an unused overworld sprite! It's at sprite pointer 083676E8, it's 3 times the size of a normal guy and looks like it's been inverted, it's kinda like a sumo wearing a black spandex shirt...

Nomaiya
November 26th, 2005, 12:00 PM
What can I do to help? This is gonna be the best hack ever! Good luck with thecar, Tanka EX.
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 12:07 PM
If it was reversed he'd crash through the windscreen! Anyway, what colour should it be? The truck has a very wide pallete considering it only consists of red and white, you can make a lot of things out of it. I wish I could edit tilesets because I have a funny idea for the inside of the boot, but i think that the car facing forward would look better.
Wow, I found an unused overworld sprite! It's at sprite pointer 083676E8, it's 3 times the size of a normal guy and looks like it's been inverted, it's kinda like a sumo wearing a black spandex shirt...

I see the sprite. Hah, that's wierd. Actually, spandex...that's the guy from the Johot land who teaches that school in Violet City, right?!

And due, whatever colour you want n_n

Tanka EX
November 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM
I decided to make it a sporty white car and i'm making it so he/she comes out the boot, kay? I reckon it'd make for some crazy diologue. I'll post when it's done!!!

Player: *cough* There's so much dust in there..
Mom: Sorry dear, did the carpet fall on you again? I really need to buy a people carrier.

Also what are you talking about with the guy in violet city?!? Do you know where the inside of the truck is on elitemap so I can make it look like a car boot?

Wolfius
November 26th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I decided to make it a sporty white car and i'm making it so he/she comes out the boot, kay? I reckon it'd make for some crazy diologue. I'll post when it's done!!!

Player: *cough* There's so much dust in there..
Mom: Sorry dear, did the carpet fall on you again? I really need to buy a people carrier.

Also what are you talking about with the guy in violet city?!? Do you know where the inside of the truck is on elitemap so I can make it look like a car boot?

It should be on Bank 2 or something. But if you use Advance Map, it shows the header and it's more easier to find.

Tanka EX
November 26th, 2005, 02:14 PM
It aint on bank 2, that's Odale Town, but I found it on Bank 25 Level 40 by doing a bit of manipulating. Anyway I did the best I could with the hero's overworld, the pallette wouldn't let me do sky blue hair but I think it's okay. Look at his itty-bitty coat. *Squee*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Chaos_Destruction/71cd17ee.png
It's a white mini! I thought a little guy would fit better seeing as the character is meant to be ten, that always creeped me out that they were as tall as the adults.

Nomaiya
November 27th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Wow thats brilliant! The hero looks great too! Have you got any ideas for the gym leaders?
Have you seen all of the spam on the roleplays section? I'm very sorry this is offtopic but what is up with those people!?
-A very angry Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 27th, 2005, 04:36 AM
It aint on bank 2, that's Odale Town, but I found it on Bank 25 Level 40 by doing a bit of manipulating. Anyway I did the best I could with the hero's overworld, the pallette wouldn't let me do sky blue hair but I think it's okay. Look at his itty-bitty coat. *Squee*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Chaos_Destruction/71cd17ee.png
It's a white mini! I thought a little guy would fit better seeing as the character is meant to be ten, that always creeped me out that they were as tall as the adults.

Eek, I can't see it >.<. My browser must be playing up on me.

Nomaiya: I've seen the spam. Only n00bs would wanna spam up PC.

Nomaiya
November 29th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Hey, Wolfius, what's new with the hack? Are there any sprites you want me to attempt?
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 29th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Hey, Wolfius, what's new with the hack? Are there any sprites you want me to attempt?
-Nomaiya-

Yes, I want you to try and do 3 hooded people. They'll be for the Elite 4.But only 3. It's gotta look evil and dark. I want you to spend time on them.

Tanka:...Thing is, the hero's a teenager. I mean, the characters in ruby and saph weren't 10...

Sorry man, if you don't mind, could you try and resprite it? It's still good.

Nomaiya
November 29th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Hooded people? Sounds cool! I'll get started straight away!
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 29th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Hooded people? Sounds cool! I'll get started straight away!
-Nomaiya-

Aye and give them variety. All male. (Am not anti-female, jsut want to give an evil effect)

Maybe one could have a long hoodie, but you should shaddow their eyes and a bit of their nsoes but let people see the rest (bottom nose, mouth, chin). It'd give an shadowy evil effect.

We still need people to insert the sprites for us.

EDIT

I've done the sprites for Professor Trent and the hero's brother. Now, we need someone that's good at tiles to insert the Professor. We also still need them to insert the overworld sprites. And also, we need someone to insert normal game sprites.

I also recoloured and edited some buildings. My reason for the gym is so that I could expand it and shorten it. With the previous gym tiles, I could only have one selected size.

Also there is the green Poketier which is the Pokecenter and Pokemart combined together. However, that'll only appear in a limited few places.

The trees are definately gonna be replacing the other trees.

Brother's Sprites
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/6246/brothersprites9yr.png

Poketier
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/5669/combination3yi.png

New Tree
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/3043/newtree2ls.png

Professor Trent's Pose & Sprites
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/7991/professortrent0lq.png

I am also going to include Hiro & Kamon as gym leaders. That's right, the hero and rival from Gold & Silver. Then I'll include Ash & Gary. Future verison of course. That way, there's a little bit of each past. And then maybe I'll have Brendan & May somewhere.

EDIT

Only four [IMG] tags are allowed, so when someone posts, i'll post the other four in a seperate post.

Tanka EX
November 29th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Aye and give them variety. All male. (Am not anti-female, jsut want to give an evil effect)

Maybe one could have a long hoodie, but you should shaddow their eyes and a bit of their nsoes but let people see the rest (bottom nose, mouth, chin). It'd give an shadowy evil effect.

We still need people to insert the sprites for us.

EDIT

I've done the sprites for Professor Trent and the hero's brother. Now, we need someone that's good at tiles to insert the Professor. We also still need them to insert the overworld sprites. And also, we need someone to insert normal game sprites.

I also recoloured and edited some buildings. My reason for the gym is so that I could expand it and shorten it. With the previous gym tiles, I could only have one selected size.

Also there is the green Poketier which is the Pokecenter and Pokemart combined together. However, that'll only appear in a limited few places.

The trees are definately gonna be replacing the other trees.

Brother's Sprites
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/6246/brothersprites9yr.png

Poketier
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/5669/combination3yi.png

New Tree
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/3043/newtree2ls.png

Professor Trent's Pose & Sprites
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/7991/professortrent0lq.png

I am also going to include Hiro & Kamon as gym leaders. That's right, the hero and rival from Gold & Silver. Then I'll include Ash & Gary. Future verison of course. That way, there's a little bit of each past. And then maybe I'll have Brendan & May somewhere.

EDIT

Only four [IMG] tags are allowed, so when someone posts, i'll post the other four in a seperate post.
Okay mon, hero teen, hooded dudes... fine with me. *sprints to desktop and jumps up to paint icon*
Hey, my avatar has a hood (hmmmm...).

Wolfius
November 29th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Okay mon, hero teen, hooded dudes... fine with me. *sprints to desktop and jumps up to paint icon*
Hey, my avatar has a hood (hmmmm...).

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Mmm hood...indeed... <_< >_> n_n

Anyhow, the next four pictures n_n

New Signpost
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/3157/newsignpost0hv.png

Edited Pokemart
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/1629/newpokemart7qd.png

Edited Pokecenter
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/1550/newpokecenter3uw.png

Edited Gym
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/2621/gymredesigned4jg.png

Now working on Hiro and Kamon's sprites

Nomaiya
November 30th, 2005, 08:15 AM
I made a hooded sprite, but he's half human, half robot. I don't know if he looks evil or just spastic! It isnt finished, but I'm gonna post it just so you don't think I've forgotten. Those buildings are great!28713
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 09:04 AM
I made a hooded sprite, but he's half human, half robot. I don't know if he looks evil or just spastic! It isnt finished, but I'm gonna post it just so you don't think I've forgotten. Those buildings are great!28713
-Nomaiya-

That's awesome, you may wanna shade the metallic bits, so it looks more 3D.

I've done Hiro's sprites, Kamon's sprite, the hero's back picture, and Ash's sprites. Note that they're all in the future, so they've aged.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/1848/ash4rf.png

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/4328/hiro8dl.png

http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/7716/kamon4da.png

http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/3206/sback0zk.png

The time has come for the sprites to be inserted. I don't know if we can go any further until these sprites are inserted...

Nomaiya
November 30th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Can I have a go at making Gary's sprite? I'll try to make him look older. I'm glad you like the hooded sprite. Are the Elite 4 all going to be evil then?
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Can I have a go at making Gary's sprite? I'll try to make him look older. I'm glad you like the hooded sprite. Are the Elite 4 all going to be evil then?
-Nomaiya-

Have a go at Gary's then.

Not all of the Elite Four. In fact, only 3 of them. The Elite Four will be renamed to The Crusaders in the game.

Aid
November 30th, 2005, 10:26 AM
This hack looks Awesome, I love the Elite 4 sprites. Keep it up! :)

Chizzy
November 30th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Im loving the look of this at the moment!!! I think i know someone good a tscripting as well so ill get back to you about that... Maybe contact the maker of Pokemon Dark Future?

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Im loving the look of this at the moment!!! I think i know someone good a tscripting as well so ill get back to you about that... Maybe contact the maker of Pokemon Dark Future?

I doubt very strongly that Dark_E will have time to help us out. Especially as he's probably busy with his Dark Future project.

Nomaiya
November 30th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I made 3 different sprites for Gary, so you could decide which one is better. I'll get started on shading the hooded dude now. Anyway, tada!28717
Argh they've gone all fuzzy again! You'll have to click on them to see them better.
-Nomaiya-

Chizzy
November 30th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Personally i like the middle one, as the one on the right looks weird and KUNGFUEY???(is that a word?) and the other is looking the other way!?@#=*??!

Sorry to be critical!!!

anyway wolfius, what do you think to my created pokemon?

sorry
I double posted!!!

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 11:46 AM

**** I double posted!!!

Don't double post again.

I couldn't open it. You save dit as a .wps file. That's for Microsoft Word Processor. The bets you can do is make some new ones and save them using Paint, NOT Word...

Chizzy
November 30th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Wolfius, i have them saved in paint!

Ill send them to you later, because im a bit busy with coursework

Nomaiya
November 30th, 2005, 11:52 AM

sorry
I double posted!!!

Um, what sprites are they? And the first Gary sprite is supposed to be looking the other way. The base sprite is looking that way too. But yeah, I prefer the middle one. Oh, and I did some shading on the hooded dude.

.:EDIT:. Oh, sorry. I take it you e-mailed them to Wolfius? I thought you had posted them somewhere. ^-^

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Um, what sprites are they? And the first Gary sprite is supposed to be looking the other way. The base sprite is looking that way too. But yeah, I prefer the middle one. Oh, and I did some shading on the hooded dude.

I don't know...the robotic leg doesn't look right for some reason.

Nomaiya
November 30th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Hm... yeah, I see what you mean. I need to go practice my spriting some more...
.:EDIT:. What do I need to do to improve it? I know it don't look right, but I can't seem to make it look better.

-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Hm... yeah, I see what you mean. I need to go practice my spriting some more...
-Nomaiya-

Your spriting's good..it's jsut the leg..it's complicated. I'll try and fix it.

Nomaiya
November 30th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Ok, thanks! Do you think we should start posting on the International Flame Productions forum? That way we could see what had been done, and what needs doing.
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Ok, thanks! Do you think we should start posting on the International Flame Productions forum? That way we could see what had been done, and what needs doing.
-Nomaiya-

Yeah, you got a point...

IF YOU WANT TO HELP OUT WITH THIS PROJECT, PM ME AND I'LL PM YOU THE ADDRESS OF THE FORUM WE'LL USE TO WORK IN.

FROM NOW ON, THIS THREAD WILL ONLY BE FOR BETAS AND DISCUSSION.

in fact, I'm gonna release what's been done so far. And also, when you make the character it'll look like it's freezing when it says Ok, let's go, but jsut keep tapping the A button.

jellybelly
November 30th, 2005, 12:31 PM
what version to patch=?

Wolfius
November 30th, 2005, 12:31 PM
what version to patch=?

Pokemon Ruby, english.

Tanka EX
December 1st, 2005, 02:49 PM
Hi i'm back, and i'm currently working on the hood crew. Black or brown cloaks? Anyway we really really really need someone to insert sprites.

Wolfius
December 2nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Hi i'm back, and i'm currently working on the hood crew. Black or brown cloaks? Anyway we really really really need someone to insert sprites.

Black. Plus we really need to test out the game. If anyone wants to insert sprites for us, add me on MSN. I'll send you the Zirconia rom. We really need to test out the sprites.

Tanka EX
December 2nd, 2005, 11:38 AM
Black. Plus we really need to test out the game. If anyone wants to insert sprites for us, add me on MSN. I'll send you the Zirconia rom. We really need to test out the sprites.
REALLY REALLY need to test out the sprites... I can only insert sprites if they're the same pallette as the originals, but I don't think any of these are.
I made a sprite of me now I'm working on the First 'Elite Four', I'm calling him Lament cos it sounds very evil..

Nomaiya
December 2nd, 2005, 11:54 AM
Sounds cool Tanka EX! I was worried this thread had died out... but everyone is back! *does happy dance* what can I do to help?
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
December 2nd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Sounds cool Tanka EX! I was worried this thread had died out... but everyone is back! *does happy dance* what can I do to help?
-Nomaiya-

Ask around for professional inserters. >.<

Tanka EX
December 2nd, 2005, 02:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Chaos_Destruction/sacbab.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Chaos_Destruction/dhshg.png
Yay! Did them! (Guy is called Banq)

EDIT:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Chaos_Destruction/zdgjfgj.png
Could be some sort of grunt...

scarecrow
December 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Hi Im New Can Someone Teach Me How To Make A Cool Trainer Card Like Yours

Nomaiya
December 3rd, 2005, 03:32 AM
Wow amazing sprites! Very evil. And Scarecrow, if you want to get a trainer card go to the trainer card section in the Art Gallery.
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
December 3rd, 2005, 04:18 AM
Wow amazing sprites! Very evil. And Scarecrow, if you want to get a trainer card go to the trainer card section in the Art Gallery.
-Nomaiya-

You can have a cameo in the game as well as me if you want. Perhaps...gym leader? Dunno if there are any spaces.

In total there are 8 gym leaders, right? So far, we've got there (Not in order)

1. Brother (Yet to have a name)
2. Hiro
3. Kamon
4. Ash
5. Gary
6. Wolf
7. Nomaiya
8. (Either someone like Professor Oak or perhaps an aged version of Brendan)

Ok, Nomaiya, you should work on your sprites. And tell me if you want to change your name in the game to something.

I'll be working on mine (They're gonna look exactly how I look in r.l)

Elite Four.

1. Banq
2. Roberto (The grunt)
3. Pierre (Nomaiya's sprite)
4. Tanka (Tanka.EX)

Tanka EX
December 3rd, 2005, 08:34 AM
I can make up backstories for the elites if you want, gives them something to talk about before the battle. I'll PM them later.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Chaos_Destruction/gjdkghk.png That's me in real life, boring eh?

Wolfius
December 6th, 2005, 08:28 AM
I can make up backstories for the elites if you want, gives them something to talk about before the battle. I'll PM them later.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Chaos_Destruction/gjdkghk.png That's me in real life, boring eh?

Meh, s'ok hehe

Go ahead and make back stories if you want. here's my sprites, and yes, that's how I look in in real life, and no, I'm not a girl.

Tanka EX
December 6th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Meh, complete approved its

They go and the history ends of IT it reverse fact, you want. here my sprites, i, , in proportion of internal I truily in the face of living, e not, 4 I no little girl will be.

- Hah, this its masts BabelFished will be!....I mean, this is your post through Babelfish!

I'm working on editing the text for some parts and I'm still ready to do any sprites you want. I hope this thread hasn't died, but it seems no-one else is here nowadays. I'm studying sprite inserting so I'll hopefully be able to get the sprites in soon...

Wolfius
December 7th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Meh, complete approved its

They go and the history ends of IT it reverse fact, you want. here my sprites, i, , in proportion of internal I truily in the face of living, e not, 4 I no little girl will be.

- Hah, this its masts BabelFished will be!....I mean, this is your post through Babelfish!

I'm working on editing the text for some parts and I'm still ready to do any sprites you want. I hope this thread hasn't died, but it seems no-one else is here nowadays. I'm studying sprite inserting so I'll hopefully be able to get the sprites in soon...

Awesome, I hope you find the solution :D

This thread can't die. I won't let it. I'm too stubborn n_n

Nomaiya
December 7th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Sorry guys, but I'm not going to be able to help any more with this hack. I am getting so much homework and I feel bad about not being able to come on here. Thanks for letting me be a part of Pokemon Zirconia, and it was great working with such amazing people. I may see you around PC, but I will not be here much. Thanks again,
-Nomaiya-

Wolfius
December 7th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm not going to be able to help any more with this hack. I am getting so much homework and I feel bad about not being able to come on here. Thanks for letting me be a part of Pokemon Zirconia, and it was great working with such amazing people. I may see you around PC, but I will not be here much. Thanks again,
-Nomaiya-

S'ok, at least you helped out...

Tanka EX
December 10th, 2005, 12:50 PM
-Nomaiya-
Thanks for the work you did, we'll still mention you in the credits! This hack shall never die!!01!!/?! Zirconia Forever!!!
*runs off side of internet browser and impales herself on the Recycle Bin icon*
Seriously, we'll miss you.:(
:7: <-- in memory of your avatar :(

Wolfius
December 10th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the work you did, we'll still mention you in the credits! This hack shall never die!!01!!/?! Zirconia Forever!!!
*runs off side of internet browser and impales herself on the Recycle Bin icon*
Seriously, we'll miss you.:(
:7: <-- in memory of your avatar :(

What does it take just to get a few simple sprite insertors around here?!

Tanka EX
December 11th, 2005, 08:59 AM
I have positively no idea how to insert sprites now, I've done everything right, swapped pallettes, resized sprites and everything yet it turns out like this-http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Chaos_Destruction/PokemonRubyUPatchClock1.png- every time. Boo!

Latias_fan
December 26th, 2005, 09:15 AM
If you need another spriter pm me and I'll show you some examples.