PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Title for 9th Pokemon Movie Revealed

SBaby
December 8th, 2005, 06:10 PM
This just in straight from Serebii. The 9th Pokemon Movie has officially been given a name. The title of the movie is going to be Pokemon Ranger & The Prince of the Sea.

While not much information was divulged, it was revealed that Kyogre will be a featured Pokemon in the movie, much like Mew was in Movie 8. Looks like we'll be seeing more of Groudon and Kyogre in future releases. Obviously, Ash and the gang will also be in it. The movie is set for a July 2006 release in Japan to be (hopefully) released at the same time as the DS Pokemon Ranger game. No word was given on a US release yet.

So, what are your thoughts?

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~
December 8th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Hooray! Looks like Pokemon still lives with movies!

pokenightmare
December 8th, 2005, 07:32 PM
It'll be a good movie especially with Kyogre in it.

Chairman Kaga
December 8th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Kind of late to be hawking RS if you ask me.

Whatever works...RS is still the new generation until the day DP comes out, I guess.

limy85
December 8th, 2005, 09:18 PM
I hope Team Aqua is in it aswell.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 8th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Meh... Pokemon Ranger again? Haven't we had enough of the Ranger thing? Well.. this sounds interesting. Ash'll end up as the Prince of the Sea, and hopefully Misty'll come along to be the Princess. =3

*gets brick'd by May fans*

Soul-Music
December 8th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Ooh! this one is interesting... Okay, i'll wait for more news.

Ash, Prince of the Sea.... *imagines*

Oh yeah! This will be good.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 8th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I believe this might end up as a second part of the 8th movie. Ash is already dressed up as some Prince in it, so why not let the story continue into the 9th?

Ari-chan
December 9th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Sounds Incredibally interesting. I thought they ended everything about Kyogre and Groudon already.

Hehe, Ash as prince of the sea would be fun.:D

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 9th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Wait.. who said Ash IS the Prince of the Seas? It could be someone else, and we don't even know. >_<

Soul-Music
December 9th, 2005, 03:06 AM
I dunno, but I somehow sense that he might be the prince of seas just as he portrayed the wave guiding hero thingy, but that we have to wait on so we could confirm. Somehow, I wish he's the prince of seas, that would be supercool.

BrainWave
December 9th, 2005, 03:55 AM
There're better be more new 4th gen pokemons, or it would be a disappointed filler. Which reminds me, kyogre, again, could be linked to anoth 4th gen pokemon.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 9th, 2005, 06:29 AM
A pre-evolution maybe? The world's first Pre-evolution of a Legendary Pokemon? Ah, well all we can do is speculate.

darkgolden
December 9th, 2005, 07:35 AM
this movie is cool and better then pokemon Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero - Rukario!

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 9th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Um... like how do you know? You haven't seen it yet, and all we know is the title. >_< Don't judge a book by its cover, don't judge a movie by its title.

Phantom_Bugsy
December 9th, 2005, 08:29 AM
...that Ranger guy is frigging HOT.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 9th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I've just seen the screenshot. The Mantine Rocketship looks pretty awesome. The poster's quite cool too.. thats all I'll say after seeing them.

SBaby
December 9th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Ok. Just to rephrase for those of you that are critical about Kyogre returning again. Kyogre is going to be featured 'in large the same way as Mew was in Movie #8'. So, there is a very good chance that, based on this, there will be another 4th Generation Legendary Pokemon in the movie to back Kyogre up. There may even be a couple of them, depending on the outline of the movie.

Miss Reyna
December 9th, 2005, 08:16 PM
That is true. This may be a promotion for the Pokemon Ranger game but they still focusing on the future like D/P future. They want fans to be all hyped up about the D/P game like us here in the US are already are. Movie eph. I see waht happens.

Kygore is just there to give him a movie just like they kinda gave Groundon one. Equal things out.

Rai
December 9th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Another Pokemon Movie?! Wow.

Oh Well! Looks like it'll be good! Can't wait to see it ^^

Drew
December 9th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Sounds cool. I've seen all the other movies, and I'm obviously not going to miss this one! As of this moment...I have another reason to live...

CheapYugiohDeckMastr
December 9th, 2005, 10:35 PM
That would be cool. If Ash is the Prince of the sea then Misty is the only one who could be his princess. Hey we all know it has to do with water so this betters Misty's chances of being in it and coming back to travel with Ash. I can't wait.

Blaze
December 9th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Won't Happen ;P

From seeing the banner, and just a wide assumption I am going to make... I believe that Kyogre is causing a gigantic natural disater like the whole world is flooding or something of that sort, and the Pokemon Ranger with Ash and co's help is going to save the world AGAIN XD

CheapYugiohDeckMastr
December 9th, 2005, 10:54 PM
LOL, just like the 8 previous movies. I still would like Misty to be in it.

Blaze
December 9th, 2005, 11:03 PM
She probably will make a cameo little appearance like Tracey usually does from Professor Oak's lab.

I really do wish she would have a larger role in the movie (especially when the emphasis is on water)

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 10th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Yeah, water is playing a huge part in this movie. I'm expecting Misty to pop up in this one, really I am. Meh.... water won't be too fun if Misty isn't in it.

THIRTY-SIX
December 10th, 2005, 03:49 AM
http://www.serebii.net/movies/kyogre/poster1.jpg
now that looks interesting =D

cannot wait to see this....
*sigh* well heres a poster or something xD

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 10th, 2005, 05:14 AM
That IS the poster. >_< It doesn't look too interesting though. Pretty bland if you ask me. It just has the main trainer guy, and the Kyogre.. with some sort of thing thrown around the whale.

SBaby
December 10th, 2005, 08:24 AM
The way the light is coming out of that, looks like he's using that morpher-thing from Power Rangers SPD that contains the bad guys (I'm such a nerd...). Either that, or some kind of oval Poke-Ball.

Blaze
December 10th, 2005, 09:20 AM
http://www.serebii.net/movies/kyogre/poster1.jpg
now that looks interesting =D

cannot wait to see this....
*sigh* well heres a poster or something xD

Please tell me you got that from somewhere other than Serebii (*pokes at Serebii's disclaimer about using that poster :\*)

Anyways, SPD XD (is a ultra PR/Sentai fan) that would be kinda cool though. Have a bad pokemon or bad trainer have to pass the judgement test ;P

I am sure this new movie is going to be alot different than the 8 previous ones.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 11th, 2005, 02:08 AM
>_< We have ways to steal things from Serebii, but it does not necessarily have to be from SPP. That poster could be from some other website.

Ozone Layer
December 11th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I just heard about the Pokemon The Movie 9th.
But, anyone know when the 8th movie gonna come to US.
It must be a long time to see the 9th Pokemon movie from here.
There one more Website about Pokemon,you can find information about Pokemon.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/ but serebii have more information.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/n05_1209_9thmovposter01.jpghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/n05_1209_9thmovposter02.jpg
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/n05_1209_9thmovscr02.jpg

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 12th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Pikachu and Wailmer, the new Pikachu's Movie? This doesn't look too interesting really. The animated Kyogre's good though.

Serebii
December 13th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Pikachu and Wailmer, the new Pikachu's Movie? This doesn't look too interesting really. The animated Kyogre's good though.
There is no Pikachu Movie. Each year they have done little posters like that aswell as the main poster even though there was no Pikachu short

http://www.serebii.net/movies/deoxys/poster2.gif http://www.serebii.net/movies/mew/poster2.jpg http://www.serebii.net/movies/kyogre/poster2.jpg

For the 7th, 8th & 9th Movies respectively

Linoone
December 13th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Its nice to see the hoenn legendaries are not forgotten, kyogre and groudon deserve more screentime, specially kyogre...*faints*

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 15th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Wow, its SerebiiJoe IN PERSON!! *shakes hand with Joe* Awesome... I see, but that doesn't mean there won't be any Pikachu shorts in this movie, does it?

Charaxes
December 15th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I'm with Chairman Kaga. Late for promoting Pokemon Ranger and yes, there is the possibility of Team Aqua because after all, they didn't really show any sign of disbanding from what we saw in the Groudon/Kyorge two parter. And besides, Kyorge needs better characterization since it was so mindless in the two parter and didn't show much of itself beyond being Archie's lackey. Feh.

So let's see...of the Hoenn Legendaries covered in the movies.

Latios/Latias

Jirachi

Rayquaza

Deoxys

Kyorge now.

Still need the Regis and Groudon really.

Can't wait, hee.

Ryoutarou
December 15th, 2005, 01:32 PM
The minimovies are done for, the 6th movie was the last time we'll ever see them. As for the Regis, movie 8 I think.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 15th, 2005, 10:50 PM
o.o;; Why? What happened to the Pikachu shorts? Why did they suddenly decide to stop them?

Um... Groudon was also featured in Movie 6, but not as a real Pokemon though. Groudon was cloned into a jellythingy Groudon. =P

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 16th, 2005, 02:58 AM
They wanted to give Movie 2 more screentime (which they didn't do good at). Movie 3 supposedly does a better job. And Movie 4 is just it. Otherwise, Pikachu shorts are still on airline flights.

Max, Joe's been here numerous times. (Some of them involved me backing him up in a silly situation, usually with a PC member at Joe's head.)

DarkThunder
December 16th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Kyogre finally gets a movie.I wonder if theres going to be a 10th movie.Well I'm actually not sure if there is because almost all the legendaries have been in a movie.I'll list all of the legendaries and what movie they've been in.
Articuno-2nd
Zapdos-2nd
Moltres-2nd
Mew-1st,8th
Mewtwo-1st
Unown(not legendary)-3rd
Riakou-none
Entei-3rd
Suicune-4th
Lugia-2nd
Ho-oh-none
Celebi-4th
Regice-8th
Regirock-8th
Registeel-8th
Latias-5th
Latios-5th
Kyogre-9th(Unlike Groudon this one is probably real.)
Groudon-6th(It was so weird I'm not even sure it was a pokemon.)
Rayquaza-7th
Jirachi-6th
Deoxys-7th
Appearently only Riakou and Ho-oh have never been featured in a movie but why would they have 2nd generation pokemon in a movie made between the 3rd and 4th generation?

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 16th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Actually, Raikou DID get a special episode with Crystal and Gold. Its just Ho-oh's who's left out, but its got its own couple of episodes too, not mentioning the first one ever where Ash sees it.

Airline flights? O_o Like um.. in that Pokemon print airplane? Meh..
*stuffles laugh* XD ... But it was nice seeing Joe here Mr. Winstrate, I was just surprised to see him here that's all.

Charaxes
December 17th, 2005, 07:21 AM
To answer about the Groudon in movie 6, no, it was a construct, or if you really want semantics, a distorted clone of it maybe, either way, doesn't count as the real deal.

Pity about the shorts but at least they ended it with a bang in Gotta Dance.

As for Ho-oh, well, the anime has made it clear that its return would be the Second Coming almost, given all the hype for its mysticism and the mounmental event to come. It's possible that when the series, it might focus on Ho-Oh or at least make it the final movie.

Chairman Kaga
December 17th, 2005, 07:45 AM
As for Ho-oh, well, the anime has made it clear that its return would be the Second Coming almost, given all the hype for its mysticism and the mounmental event to come. It's possible that when the series, it might focus on Ho-Oh or at least make it the final movie.

It makes sense, as among the movies they make sure to include every legendary at least once and Ho-oh has been conspicuously absent as the flavor of the month. It would most likely be a symbolic passing of the torch, the heralding of a new trainer of destiny, so I can see them using this as a way to end it all.

And NO, kiddies, the last episode will not be a revelation of AAML. I firmly believe that.

Charaxes
December 17th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I did forget, like Groudon in movie 6, the Entei in the 3rd movie was more of a construct by the Unown, feeding and playing with Molly's mind. So yeah, it's a construct as they used Professor Hale as a base.

Funny as Entei didn't debut until the end of the fifth season on the show. Raikou had a cameo in season four and of course the Crystal special and Suicune at least had both venues. I bet the other two would like Suicune's agent. ;)

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 17th, 2005, 09:14 AM
NO AAML? AWWH!! *brick'd* Yeah well, maybe it really WILL end like that. Who knows? But Ho-oh's movie being the final makes good sense.

SBaby
December 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Anyways, SPD XD (is a ultra PR/Sentai fan) that would be kinda cool though. Have a bad pokemon or bad trainer have to pass the judgement test ;P

And coincidentally, the name is Pokemon Ranger...

Seriously though, I think the Ranger is going to be more like a Ranger from D&D.

And you can't steal pics from Serebii's site, because you can't copy and paste them. Serebii disabled that function on the site.

Serebii
December 20th, 2005, 01:26 AM
And coincidentally, the name is Pokemon Ranger...

Seriously though, I think the Ranger is going to be more like a Ranger from D&D.

And you can't steal pics from Serebii's site, because you can't copy and paste them. Serebii disabled that function on the site.
There are many ways of getting around it

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 20th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Joe's right.. for one thing, a certain popular browser can do it. =3 I won't say anymore in case he kills me.

Anyway, can you tell me Joe, what's your opinion about all the new movies being based on Pokemon Ranger? Does this mean that the Pokemon Ranger game will be as good as it sounds, or as good as Nintendo is making it sound?

Charaxes
December 20th, 2005, 12:18 PM
There are many ways of getting around it

Uh, then enable the right click and save some headaches? Heh. Headdesk.

Anyway. I can't say anything on the Pokemon Rangers yet but it's getting obvious Nintendo is making this the next generation and at least showing more of the hero side since we've been going villain mad with the Rockets and later Aqua/Magma. Since the Global Police are a non entity, got to do the hero side another way, while playing on the ubiquitious environmental theme. Whee.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 21st, 2005, 02:29 AM
You're probably right DarkWeezing. But this just proves that the "police" in Pokemon are simply NO good at anything. >_< There should be a more vicious Pokemon game, where we get to go after murderers, shoot people (FPS) and control our Pokemon at the same time.

Ya'll get the idea, and ya'll get that I like to dream. =P