PDA

View Full Version : Riders of the Apocalypse

RentCavalier
December 10th, 2005, 07:27 PM
(I did some editing. Please, if anyone is interested join!)

The last human date recorded was 2799. This date marked the third year of World War III. Human technology had reached its zenith, fantasies were realities, the humans had reached to the stars and more.

In this world, artificial AI had become so advanced, the only difference between machines, robots and androids and humans was what they were made out of. An android had served a term as President of The United Republic of America.

The world had paid the price of such radical technological achievement. Geographically, the world was splitting apart. California had already been blasted free of the mainland North America, and had formed its own nation, the Republic of California. The rest of the Western North American continant had suffered a wide-spread desertification, and with all the aquifers dried up, the Desert, as it was now called, was a place where no human could survive.

However, this future world was at war with each other, a terrible war that ravaged whole nations. It looked grim for everyone, but in the year 2799, on the eve of the New Year, history was annhilated.

Every record of human activity stopped at that point...and so, it seemed, did almost every human. Nobody knows what happened, but humanity was practically annhilated, and the small groups left have officially declared themselves "endangered."

In the wake of the humans' disappearence, were left Androids, Robots and other machines. Now, an unclear number of years later, they rule the planet, with minds as complicated as their creators, and with bodies more dangerous. An organized chaos grips the world, and these machines now rule over what the humans left behind.

(Your character)
You are an Android, highly advanced. You are a member of one of the factions listed below (with the exception of the Children of Justice). You end up either deciding to help or destroy what is left of humanity.

The Eyes of the Mind, Leader: AL-45T3R (Alaster)
A mysterious group of mostly androids that are based in the Desert. They salvage ancient rubble and wreckage, on a constant search for something called "Eden."

The Children of Justice, leader: C0-R0-N4 (Corona)
A group of radical Androids that control the Eastern North American and the South American continents. Their leader, Corona, is a power-hungry being who seeks to annhilate whats left of humanity and let the machines have total control of the planet.

The Guardians of Neptune, Leader: UN-D1-NE (Undine)
They control the vast underwater cities left behind in the destroyed continant of Europe.They care little for the conflicts on the surface, and like the Eyes of the Mind, are constantly salvaging for something, deep beneath the waves.

The Imperial Rulers of the East, leader: SE-1R-YU (Seiryu)
Similar to the Children of Justice, they seek power as well, and also wish for the destruction of humanity. However, unlike the mindlessly destructive Children, they have no quarrel with their fellow Android nations, and are more diplomatic in their approach. They are lead by a mysterious creature called the Dragon Emperor Seiryu, whom nobody has seen.

Character creation works like this (i'll use my guy as an example)

Name
Body/Armor type: (Example: Heavy armored, male form, Hybrid, Female Form, etc.)
Weapon(s) (Be creative, you ARE robots.)
Description
History

and you'll need an RP Sample.

Ok, thats all! A few ground rules/clarifications.

You can choose to be from any of the factions except for the Children of Justice (who are reserved as villains.) However, this first chapter will only take place in the Desert, so you have to have a good reason for being there.

You cannot be one of the named leaders or characters from one of the organizations unless I've given you permission (permission, which is usually reserved for friends and people I know are good RPers, but if you want to be one, PM me and tell me why you should.)

Have fun! This is a deep RP, but I've tried to incorporate a lot that many people will enjoy! if you like Megaman, Star Ocean, Akira, and anything of the sort, I think you'll really dig this one.

No God-Modding!

This is a chapter-based RP. That means there is a beginning and an end to each chapter. As of now I'm not sure how many there will be, but that means that there is one main plot that the RP will follow.