• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Happy Chri-HOLIDAYS!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
So~ a lot have you have noticed how Christmas is being drained out of the Christmas season. ...wait...what? What's Christmas?! This is the holiday season...*snort*.

Is anyone else disturbed that we're [US] more worried about being politically correct than enjoying the Christmas season and spirit?

I'm greatly disturbed personally .-.

Years
Same here... everything seems to be "politically correct" nowadays... I mean, if they're offended by "Christmas", maybe it's just because they're jealous or something?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
I can't STAND Xmas...many say it's an abbreviation, but really....you're taking the Christ out of Christmas. Yeah, it's kind of disturbing...

But then again, saying Merry Christmas you're forgeting about Happy Hanukkah and Kwanza and all of the other holiday celbrations. So...I guess it accounts for all of them. If we just said Christmas, all of the other celebrations would be thought of as less significant. So...yeah. I can somewhat live with 'Happy Holidays' but never Xmas >_>

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
*sighs* I am very alarmed by this (Has been talking about this to many people).

People don't want to offend a secular group when the majoral of people are offended by this. Why?? The secular group who are offened, will take this to court and often hurt corporations.

I think we need to get a petition going to just show how wrong this really is.

Umm Kwanza isn't a real holiday... It is more a celebration of African's heritage....

Years
Chibi-chan said:
I can't STAND Xmas...many say it's an abbreviation, but really....you're taking the Christ out of Christmas. Yeah, it's kind of disturbing...

But then again, saying Merry Christmas you're forgeting about Happy Hanukkah and Kwanza and all of the other holiday celbrations. So...I guess it accounts for all of them. If we just said Christmas, all of the other celebrations would be thought of as less significant. So...yeah. I can somewhat live with 'Happy Holidays' but never Xmas >_>
Dude, Xmas is the same as Christmas. In Latin, the character "X" has also the same meaning as "Christ" so...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Master Blaze said:
Umm Kwanza isn't a real holiday... It is more a celebration of African's heritage....
Yep, it's not part of any religious setting.

It's always been like this though, I don't know if you guys are just picking up on it, but ever since I was young it's been like this. Better to not offend people than to think you can impose on them though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
It's BEEN Christmas for me. I live in IL. THe first snow is the beginning of Christmas for me, and OUR snow just melted today. Lol. Anyway... Politically correct, for me, = always incorrect. ;3

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
Akinari said:
Dude, Xmas is the same as Christmas. In Latin, the character "X" has also the same meaning as "Christ" so...
*did not know that*

MB: Go tell that to someone who celebrates Kwanza. I'm sure they think of it as a holiday...meh.

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
I guess I am one of those people who doesn't care if they feel opposed to it or not.... I don't care if I am in the middle of a athiest convention, if someone sneezed I would still stay outloud (and proud) God Bless You.

<3 Roman Catholism

"Quote: MB: Go tell that to someone who celebrates Kwanza. I'm sure they think of it as a holiday...meh."

I have asked before ;P thats how I know

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Christmas has ceased to have any religious meaning whatsoever. It's all about the capitalist aspect now. At least that's my somewhat cynical point of view on the whole thing.

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
Jack O'Neill said:
Christmas has ceased to have any religious meaning whatsoever. It's all about the capitalist aspect now. At least that's my somewhat cynical point of view on the whole thing.

You're not a religious man are you.... Where I come from Christmas has much religious meaning, and if you said that to them you would offend them serverely and probably would be severely hurt...

<3 Roman Catholicism Community

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Saying "Happy Holidays" is personally OK to me, since you don't know a person's celebration. I'd of course wish them a "Happy Christmas" though too XD

But it's just wrong to take something that's a religous holiday and stamp out the beliefs. It's grown into a nice big economic buffet for companies. They've ruined it.

I'm thinking about writing to my senator <_<;

Years
Master Blaze said:
You're not a religious man are you.... Where I come from Christmas has much religious meaning, and if you said that to them you would offend them serverely and probably would be severely hurt...

<3 Roman Catholicism Community
Well, I'm happy that there are some people here who are proud to be Roman Catholic. Yes, Christmas is very religious in our part... and I do love the traditions of Roman Catholic Christmas.

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
I think that everyone in the United States of America should write to their senator to fix this unjust way :3

And if you don't live in the great USA, than write letters to your local USA Embassy :3

Anyone who is Roman Catholic is a fan in my book, and why shouldn't I be proud??? Wow a few priests screwed up, hey we are only human :3

<3 Roman Catholicism

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
Akinari said:
Didn't know if that's implied sarcasm or not but to show it even more, if you look at the sign in a preist's stole, it has a P and an X in it.
In better words then...
I didn't know that. Even though I take Latin, that is something I haven't covered yet. So, that helps me out. [/nosarcasm]

Meh, I'm not Catholic o.o I don't have a priest...

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Are we even sure that Jesus Christ was born on December 25? I think not.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Personally, I like my Lutheran Christmas ;D

But Christmas is deeply religous for me~ so I'm pretty offended at all this stuff that's been going on D: I wanna do something about it.

Back